Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Guardians of the Galaxy vs. X-Force (298 votes)
It's time for another team fight, Viners. This week, we have one of the incarnations of X-Force taking on the latest version of the Guardians of the Galaxy (well, minus Angela and Iron Man). Both are highly formidable teams and obviously bringing very different advantages to the table. Are you going to side with the raw might of The Guardians of the Galaxy or the deadly efficient X-Force? Even if you have a clear winner in mind, the objective here is just to have fun thinking about the fight and let it play out in your head. Get that creativity flowing -- we aim to amuse you, Viners.
We know not everyone will be knowledgeable on both rosters, so please keep in mind you have ALL WEEK to vote. Seriously, the poll is open until Friday morning (ET), so there's no need to vote right away if you're not totally sure on who you should side with. Go ahead and conduct your own research or read the arguments that'll be made for both sides (or at least we hope both sides get some love). If you do know both sides well enough, feel free to let us know who you think should win and why. Impress us enough and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week spot in Friday's update (post must be free of scans). You can't put that accomplishment on your resume, but it's still a pretty damn satisfying award.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- Characters have standard gear.
- This is a random encounter.
- In case the picture didn't make it clear enough, below is the roster for both sides.
- X-Force: Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Archangel, Domino
- GotG: Peter Quill, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax, Groot
- Knockout, incapacitation, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. There's a lot of cover between them (a variety of idle vehicles, bus stops, dumpster bins, benches, etc.). The entire city region is on limits (rooftops, inside buildings, alleyways, sewers, etc.).
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a side, be sure to tell us why! Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the CV staff.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in this thread).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.
Log in to comment