• 92 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Last week, we had a battle between two powerhouses that could level a town as countless punches are thrown. This week, we're going for precision over power as a highly trained and deadly ninja takes on Wolverine's genetic twin. Yes, X-23 is quite skilled in her own right, but it can be disputed Snake Eyes has a fair edge in that regard and seeing as Laura's bones (claws aside, of course) don't have adamantium lacing, an incapacitation is certainly a possible outcome. Meanwhile, X-23's healing factor is something Snake Eyes is immediately unaware of and this means she can endure strikes which would be lethal to countless others. Regardless of who's left standing, this is sure to be a very entertaining battle between two very talented and deadly characters.

No Caption Provided

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Voting will remain open until this Friday morning (ET) and a new article will go on the homepage shortly after. Please keep in mind voting remains open for 5 days so you can research characters and read the debates presented for both sides. I know it's easy to vote for the character you like more, but please try to have adequate information on both characters before casting your vote.

Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered and it can't be a scan fest, people), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DXmagma

This seems a little unfair for ol' Snakey. I mean, I'm not super into GI Joe continuity but I'm pretty sure he's just a dude. X-23 has adamantium claws and regenerating health. He can't even sword fight with her properly because his sword would be cut to ribbons.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By SupremeHyperion

although snake is easily the coolest character in the GI Joe universe, x-23 I do believe would win this battle. I just think she has done battle with far more superior beings and she has those pesky mutant perks.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake-Eyes is awesome and all, but there is ZERO chance he wins this.

Also: Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible

He's a freakin' NINJA!!! You basically took away his only power set.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Snake eyes stomps.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Laura 9/10 IMO

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I'm not telling you guys who to vote for BUT if you have no idea what Snake-eyes is capable of please wait until I present my argument to vote. That way you can make an educated decision.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theTimeStreamer

called it. and x-23 stomps.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@lunacyde said:

I'm not telling you guys who to vote for BUT if you have no idea what Snake-eyes is capable of please wait until I present my argument to vote. That way you can make an educated decision.

I'm anxiously anticipating your argument then! I have a general knowledge on Snake Eyes but not enough to make a proper judgement on the fight.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Veitha

Laura

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was gonna say it was too close, but then I remembered Snake Eyes has a better arsenal, not just swords, and has much more experience as far as I'm concerned. 6/10 Snake Eyes

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

said this earlier and say it again, X-23 has 4 Advantages that are hard to overcome.

1. X-23 Healing Factor will brush off any attack of Snake Eyes. Her Healing Factor is better than Wolverines.
  2. Her skill is enough to ensure Snake Eyes would not be able to dice her limbs off or head.
  3. Adamantium Claws will cut right through Snake Eyes sword like a hot knife through butter.
  4. Her Senses will keep Snake Eyes from pulling any stealth advantages he has.

X-23 should win 8/10 matches.

Crazy_Wilhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be a worse stomp than last week's. X-23 takes this. Regeneration plus adamantium plus supersenses and reflexes/athleticism is just too formidable, in my opinion.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllStarSuperman

It says she has bone claws. Read the OP.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No it doesn't:

and seeing as Laura's bones (claws aside, of course) don't have adamantium lacing,

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@allstarsuperman said:

No it doesn't:

and seeing as Laura's bones (claws aside, of course) don't have adamantium lacing,

@k4tzm4n: u juuuuuuust beat me to it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#17  Edited By RazzaTazz

I don't read Snake Eyes or X23, but I will say this, in the recent GI Joe/Danger Girl crossover, the combined GI Joe/Danger Girl team got stopped in their tracks when they saw Storm Shadow, as Scarlett pointed out, more dangerous than the 4 nuclear weapons they were trying to stop. Who steps up to stop Storm Shadow easily enough though? Snake Eyes. I am sure X23 has her advantages, but Snake Eyes is an unparalleled combatant, better in his universe than Batman is in his.

PymsEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman not sure what you mean by OP, but X has had adamantium laced into her claws, hands, and feet (inluding a sweet boot knife thing) since before she escaped the Weapon X Project's control. Of this i can assure you. Daken has bone claws.

As a side note on the battle, how does everyone think things would work out if Laura's trigger scent came into play? This was a scent programmed in by weapon x scientists to basically throw her into berserker mode involuntarily if she refused to kill.

I, for one, think this might actually work to Snake Eyes' advantage, being the more cerebral and stealthy of the pair.

Having said that i hae a feeling im gong to vote 6/10-7/10 for X-23. She is well versed in stealth tactics and tracking (as is snake eyes) basically nullifying a stealth advantage for either competitor. Laura's healing factor is off the charts and her speed and agility are top notch as well. Looking forward to reading some compelling aguments for Snake Eyes before i vote though.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi: She has super hearing and smelling. Even if she can't see him, she can hear him and smell him!

PymsEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. @k4tzm4n I was just wondering if you had a chance to check out Adventures of Superman. What were your thoughts and what are the chances we see weekly reviews?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dondave

Going to wait for lunacyde's argument before voting

AlexJRimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can everyone stop saying about adamantium "seeing as Laura's bones (claws aside, of course) don't have adamantium lacing" the op

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MuyJingo

@k4tzm4n Is there a way for people to vote on pairups they would like to see?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@pymsego said:

Mr. @k4tzm4n I was just wondering if you had a chance to check out Adventures of Superman. What were your thoughts and what are the chances we see weekly reviews?

Apologies, I've been swamped. I purchased the first chapter on ComiXology last week and I'll do my best to give it a read later today. Even if I do love it, I imagine I wouldn't begin reviews until the following week -- I'll be incredibly busy tomorrow and working with very limited time since I'm attending a Man of Steel screening in the afternoon.

@muyjingo said:

@k4tzm4n Is there a way for people to vote on pairups they would like to see?

Final sentence in the article.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexjrimmer: They are mentioning andamantium because it'll cut through his sword, not as a durability feat.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MuyJingo

@k4tzm4n said:

Final sentence in the article.

I missed that, sorry.

Some pair-ups I think could be interesting:

• Indiana Jones vs Lara Croft (both have had comics)
  • Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy vs Captain Planet
  • Ironman vs Batman (since it's a voting based feature, results and discussion could be interesting)
  • T-1000 vs Lex Luthor in battle armor.
ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard snake eyes sword is unbreakable.. not sure if true thoUgh. Right now im leaning towards laura but ill wait and see arguments for snakeeyes

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X23

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about the GI Joe universe, but I'm going to assume Snake Eye's hasn't really fought many superhumans, if any. I'd say this is of relative ease for X-23. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the superhumans.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Let's not forget that X-23, like Wolverine, also has superhuman endurance, reflexes, agility, and strength as well as the more famous healing factor and enhanced senses.

She's also been trained from birth to kill, so the gap in skill might be smaller than some assume.

Too fast, too tough, too deadly for any ninja. And that sword's not lasting long against adamantium claws. I think she overwhelms him before he has time to recognize her abilities and adjust, and takes him out with an unexpected foot claw.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

X 23 breaks his sword and proceeds to tear him to shreds.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@pymsego said:

Apologies, I've been swamped. I purchased the first chapter on ComiXology last week and I'll do my best to give it a read later today. Even if I do love it, I imagine I wouldn't begin reviews until the following week -- I'll be incredibly busy tomorrow and working with very limited time since I'm attending a Man of Steel screening in the afternoon.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@laflux said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@pymsego said:

And I would be lying if I said I wasn't insanely excited. I'll do my best to avoid expressing any opinions until my review goes live on Friday, though.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@lunacyde said:

I think X-23 stomps, but I'll wait for your argument.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@laflux said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@pymsego said:

DAMN LUCKY

PymsEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PymsEgo

@k4tzm4n: No apology is necessary, I appreciate the fact that you're willing to give it a look. I do think Adventures of Superman will whet the ol' appetite nicely though. Have fun and keep up the good work.

*wow, guess i should have proofread that before hitting post

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I'm currently on break at work and can't post my argument from my phone but I'll try and post some stuff at 4. Also for Anyone interested just go to google and type respect the arashikage clan and you should find my respect thread on comics ledger...although it is incomplete it has some nice feats

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Don't know either of these characters. I'll vote for the chick though because I'm all about empowering women.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#40  Edited By Cavemold

Ill go with x-23 . While snake eyes has experience and is great ninja . The fact x-23 has rengerating health gives her a big edge over snake eyes.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By DonFelipe

Only a Ninja can kill another Ninja! :P

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Last I chek Snake eye sword is made of a special durable steel, so even if she had admantium which she doesn't, it won't break. But X-23 still win because of regeneration

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hard one but i guess i have to give it to snake eyes. i dont care what no one says that guy is not human. he has been blown up, stabbed and riddled with bullets numerous times and survived. without a healing factor i dont know how he does it (ninja magic)

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dxmagma: the thing is (at least in the comics) snake doesnt hesitate to kill where laura has learned not to. he would just chop off her head and end game. and he is a far superior fighter. i would root for laura but i just dont see her beating him

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Chibio

I've been reading GI Joe comics for years now and Snake Eyes is one of my favorite non-Marvel / DC characters. I know also a little bit about X-23 and I have to say that Snake Eyes would totally destroy her. The skill difference between these two characters is just too high.

I understand the people who think that Snake Eyes is just a dude and couldn't keep up with a mutant, but if you really think so, then you know nothing about Snake Eyes. He is simply over the top and pulls of impressive stuff in every single comic.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jenkale

@razzatazz: 100% agree with this. read x-23's solo series then read snake eyes solo series and you clearly see how superior he is fighting style. its not about the weapon (in this case x's powers) its about the warrior. snake eyes wins

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X23

Batmanikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers