Comic Vine Battle of the Week RESULTS: Moon Knight vs. Ra's al Ghul

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Moon Knight Month refuses to slow down! This week, we wanted to put the anti-hero's skills to the ultimate test. Last week, Marc Spector was able to defeat one of DC's best marksman, but would his luck run out against one of the publisher's most talented swordsmen? The Comic Vine community has been speculating about Moon Knight taking on Ra's al Ghul since Monday and they've finally picked a champion. Someone please let Batman know that Moon Knight has dispatched one of his villains for him!

No Caption Provided

The poll wasn't totally one-sided, but the majority believes Ra's will need to take a dip in a Lazarus Pit after bumping into Moon Knight. 55% sided with the anti-hero from Marvel and 39% supported the Demon's Head. Only 5% thought this melee is too close to call. You've made Khonshu happy, Comic Viners.

Yes, Ra's al Ghul may have a staggering amount of experience, commendable physicals, and the skill required to give Batman trouble, but the general consensus believes Moon Knight's advantages will allow him to overcome. What are these advantages, you ask? Good question, let's discuss them! First and foremost, Ra's is a superb swordsman and an efficient hand-to-hand fighter, but the Marvel character brings more variety to this fight. First up, there's his throwing weapons. Not only can these be used to injure his opponent with cutting and stabbing damage, but Marc has a very thorough history of using his crescents to disarm people. He's proven he can ricochet these projectiles effectively, too. On top of that, he has his trusty truncheon which can be used for blunt damage and a grappling line.

No Caption Provided

Then there's the carbonadium armor which is scattered across his attire. This won't render him invulnerable to attacks, but it can protect him from critical attacks (e.g. a direct stab to the chest). Considering Ra's degree of skill, this will absolutely come in handy. As for the attacks that do bypass his armor, Marc has a thorough history of displaying an incredibly level of pain tolerance. It'll take a lot to keep him down for the count and he has no problem fighting dirty to make sure his enemy falls before he does.

No matter who's left standing, this would be an enthralling fight and the winner would most definitely walk away with several injuries. We all know why the majority thinks Moon Knight can take the win, but let's see why a couple of Viners believe Ra's al Ghul should be the victor. After that, we'll check out how a CV writer thinks this fight would go down!

Leafx

"Moon Knight has been getting some good vs this month, kudos CV!

So for this one I have to unfortunately give a slight edge to Ras al Ghul, with the sword of his choice and the amount of experience he has, I just feel that will be enough to put Marc down for the count. We've seen characters akin to Moon Knight such as Batman or even Bane try to take on Ras and fail, particularly in sword play. Now with that said, I have to give Moon Knight credit because we've seen him disarm people like nothing and hes one of the toughest normal humans in comics, so bringing him down even for Ras will be tough, but MK also likes to approach his foes more directly meaning he will be at an immediate disadvantage in my opinion. Ras wins 6/10 but Marc goes down swinging."

No Caption Provided

Omnicrono

"Moon Knight would have a difficult time with the likes of Green Arrow, and Ra's in a whole different league than GA. The man is one of Batman's all-time greatest foes for good reason. Having enhanced physicals (thank you, Lazarus Pit) and a genius level intellect, on top of being one of the greatest sword fighters, martial artists and tacticians in the DCU equals a formidable opponent in any universe. I predict a Ghul-ish win for Ra's... 7-8 times out of 10."

No Caption Provided

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder

The rain poured down on the two dark figures, both standing just outside the streetlight at either end of the deserted sidewalk. Knuckles crack, armor shifts, necks are adjusted back and forth.

"I won't lie, you weren't who I was expecting..." the man's accent almost invisible to the untrained ear.

"You were expecting someone...darker?" responded the white knight.

"Regardless, you are the one who has arrived. Shall we?" he tossed a scimitar forward and it clattered, uncaught, at the Knight's feet.

"Thanks, but I brought my own." He surged forward, crescents flying from his hand. The Demon's head brought up his large blade and blocked each one.

"Not the same man, but the same tricks," he slashed across a shadow that Moon Knight dove from, catching him across the chest, but still being tackled. Spector smashed a spiked fist into Ghul's face, but this man was no rank amateur to be dazzled by the stars appearing before him and he quickly slithered away, standing and pointing his sword, slowly doffing his cape. "You are worthy of some consideration."

"Can't tell you what that means to me..." Spector crept forward, hands raised and Ra's lowered his sword and stood resolute. Both stood, stark still, and both regarded the other as the rain drenched them, both in the light this time.

"It's over. You've lost." Spector declared.

"Are you mad? I've shown I can beat your reach. Your baubles mean nothi-" Moon Knight sprang forward, howling wildly and striking quickly. Sword met fist, but his gauntlets didn't break and he blocked after strike the Demon's Head threw. He shot forward, grabbing and twisting Ra's' wrist and disarming him. Their punches flew, but far more of Spector's strikes were landing. Ghul couldn't adapt, his foe's style seemed to change every few strikes, but he was slowly wearing him down. Though he couldn't match his foe's mercurial fighting, he could outlast him with his preternatural stamina. Eventually both fighters began to pant heavily, Ra's bleeding and Moon Knight forced to one knee in exhaustion.

"You fight...well..." the assassin drew another blade and shook his head, "but your weaknesses mirror his far too closely," he advanced and scoffed as Spector sprang forward with one final burst, delivering a vicious punch to his chest before falling back, "you see? All...too......what?" he looked down at the white crescent sticking deep in his chest, blood flowing witch each futile pump of his heart.

"Maybe we're not as alike as they say." Moon Knight got slowly to his feet as Ra's lost his, spare sword clattering aside as he gasped and reached up before falling, limp. The rain washed the blood down into the gutter as Marc Spector sighed and adjusted his neck.

"Another cursed soul for you, Khonshu..."

No Caption Provided

Is there someone you want to see Moon Knight duke it out with? Feel free to make future battle suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! He only has one more Battle of the Week before entering the Batman Battle of the Month!

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Booyah.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I guess that makes sense. Batman beats Ra's regularly, and MK is basically Batman with super strength at night and (more) mental problems.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Nice write up from Corey, that was definitely one of his best scenarios.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I love Corey's little fan fic sections, he should do more.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for luciustheeternal
LuciusTheEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By LuciusTheEternal

Better man won again.

No Caption Provided

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedLantern23
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By tparks

Moon Knight vs Shredder next!!! Please!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gracetrack

@amazingwebhead said:

I guess that makes sense. Batman beats Ra's regularly...

Well of course he does. Ra's is the villain after all. Can't have the villain beating the hero regularly, now can we.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash_PHOBIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Ra's could have taken him

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BrotherEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Khonshu be praised!

Red-X17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flash_phobia:

I did to, but they actually made a good point. Ra's is as arrogant as he is deadly, and the fact that Moon Knight is so much like Batman would've caused him to drop his guard. The little fanfic showed me that it was possible. However I agree that if Moon Knight hadn't stabbed him at the moment he did, Ra's would've been victorious.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice one Corey! I imagined a different scenario but still)

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

What! MK wins? '0_0'

Moon Knight is getting popular these days. Anyone know how good his current comic run is? Where should I start?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes sense.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerd_of_a_hero: Current run is excellent and it's only 3 issues in so start there

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight Vs Hawkman

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HushoftheWind

@amazingwebhead said:

I guess that makes sense. Batman beats Ra's regularly, and MK is basically Batman with super strength at night and (more) mental problems.

why people still think moon knight has super powers in his current form?

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect Moon Knight still does possess superhuman strength in reserve that shows up as needed...

In The Silent Knight one shot 2 EMTs come across one of Moon Knight's victims shoved through the front windshield of a sedan and they commented that it would have taken ALOT of strength for someone to to this.

In the Down South story arc Jake Lockley (Moon Knight) punched one of the Zapata brothers so hard that later when it is revealed Jake was Moon Knight the Zapata brother said that he figured him as some kind of superhero because how hard he got hit. This is coming from a MUCH larger man than Moon Knight, a mercenary, wrestler who is no stranger to taking a good punch.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@redlantern23 said:

@jonny_anonymous: @amazingwebhead: At one point yes he did have powers.

Decades ago.. in one mini

Glad we got that sorted out

@amazingwebhead said:

why people still think moon knight has super powers in his current form?

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm just out of touch.

Avatar image for dontbelievethehyperion
dontbelievethehyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: I agree with your assessment. Additionally, Khonshu has brought Moon Knight back from the dead more than once and healed his badly injured legs at the start of the 2006 run.

It seems as though Khonshu watches over MK and gives him that extra edge when he needs it, whether that be speed, strength, endurance, healing factor, etc...

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder

The rain poured down on the two dark figures, both standing just outside the streetlight at either end of the deserted sidewalk. Knuckles crack, armor shifts, necks are adjusted back and forth.

"I won't lie, you weren't who I was expecting..." the man's accent almost invisible to the untrained ear.

"You were expecting someone...darker?" responded the white knight.

"Regardless, you are the one who has arrived. Shall we?" he tossed a scimitar forward and it clattered, uncaught, at the Knight's feet.

"Thanks, but I brought my own." He surged forward, crescents flying from his hand. The Demon's head brought up his large blade and blocked each one.

"Not the same man, but the same tricks," he slashed across a shadow that Moon Knight dove from, catching him across the chest, but still being tackled. Spector smashed a spiked fist into Ghul's face, but this man was no rank amateur to be dazzled by the stars appearing before him and he quickly slithered away, standing and pointing his sword, slowly doffing his cape. "You are worthy of some consideration."

"Can't tell you what that means to me..." Spector crept forward, hands raised and Ra's lowered his sword and stood resolute. Both stood, stark still, and both regarded the other as the rain drenched them, both in the light this time.

"It's over. You've lost." Spector declared.

"Are you mad? I've shown I can beat your reach. Your baubles mean nothi-" Moon Knight sprang forward, howling wildly and striking quickly. Sword met fist, but his gauntlets didn't break and he blocked after strike the Demon's Head threw. He shot forward, grabbing and twisting Ra's' wrist and disarming him. Their punches flew, but far more of Spector's strikes were landing. Ghul couldn't adapt, his foe's style seemed to change every few strikes, but he was slowly wearing him down. Though he couldn't match his foe's mercurial fighting, he could outlast him with his preternatural stamina. Eventually both fighters began to pant heavily, Ra's bleeding and Moon Knight forced to one knee in exhaustion.

"You fight...well..." the assassin drew another blade and shook his head, "but your weaknesses mirror his far too closely," he advanced and scoffed as Spector sprang forward with one final burst, delivering a vicious punch to his chest before falling back, "you see? All...too......what?" he looked down at the white crescent sticking deep in his chest, blood flowing witch each futile pump of his heart.

"Maybe we're not as alike as they say." Moon Knight got slowly to his feet as Ra's lost his, spare sword clattering aside as he gasped and reached up before falling, limp. The rain washed the blood down into the gutter as Marc Spector sighed and adjusted his neck.

"Another cursed soul for you, Khonshu..."

I'm just going to copy and paste this here. An unexpected but quite enjoyable reading experience.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's got raped.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers