Comic Vine Battle of the Week: Deathstroke vs. Ultimate Captain America

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Welcome to the second Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Last week, Daredevil and Nightwing faced off and the Man Without Fear took the slight edge! While last week's melee had a greater focus on agility, this week's is going to be far more brutal and drawn-out. One is a slightly physically superior and more aggressive version of an already talented hero... the other is one of DC's deadliest and most fear characters around. Remember to vote based on who you think would honestly win in a random fight. This isn't about who has better stories or who you like more... it's about the slugfest and who you sincerely believe would walk away! It's time for Deathstroke vs. Ultimate Captain America (Earth-1610)!

Both are incredibly skilled in their own right and more than willing to fight dirty. Captain America's key weapon is of course his shield, however, this alternate version of Captain America has used basic firearms and frag, gas and smoke grenades on occasion. 1610 Captain America is physically superior to his 616 counter-part, making him essentially superhuman in quite a few areas. He's displayed great speed while facing Nick Fury's Avengers in Paris and even greater strength when overpowering S.H.I.E.L.D.'s super agents (while tranquilized, too). One of his biggest claims to fame is temporarily taking down the Hulk without his shield.

Meanwhile, Deathstroke is one of DC's most formidable mercenaries for a reason. Sporting enhanced physicals (which includes reflexes, of course) and a brilliant tactical mind, Slade has been able to humiliate various big names over the years, including Batman. As you likely know, Deathstroke is packing an arsenal. It's common for him to have assorted firearms, swords, additional blades, and a variety of grenades. Currently, Deathstroke wears an armor made of Nth metal which greatly boosts his durability. Even without the armor, he's sporting an accelerated healing factor. It's not on par with someone like Wolverine, since he was never able to regrow an eye, but it is a considerable one.That said, it's worth noting his opponent in this battle (Ultimate Rogers) also heals much faster than a standard human. No matter who wins this one, there's no denying this is going to be a vicious battle between two characters with superb endurance and exceptional skill.

No Caption Provided

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart.
  • Both characters have standard gear.

CLICK HERE TO CAST YOUR VOTE!

Voting will remain open until this Friday morning (ET) and a new article will go on the homepage shortly after. It'll include one Viner's argument for the winning character (can't be a scan fest, people), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers and artists! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ andTwitter pagein hopes of getting a new follower or two.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Deathstroke

Avatar image for supermanjohnathankentjr
SupermanJohnathanKentJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like someone was right about it being the Ultimate version.

Avatar image for alternative_backup
alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Deathstroke.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for supermanjohnathankentjr
SupermanJohnathanKentJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read through the article to get a decent idea on the differences between Ultimate and regular Captain America. I don't think him being faster and stronger will change anything here. Capt. doesn't touch Deathstroke even once and then eventually Slade kills him.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cap shield won't be able to dent Deathstrokes Nth metal armor

Remember this?lol

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke wins

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The winners is whom ever is lucky enough to get to watch this fight (at a safe distance)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

Current Deathstroke does not have the feats or the experience to deal with Ult Captain America yet. The Nth metal means he can take a beating but in pure skill and feats Cap has him beat in all accounts. While very durable Nth metal armor has been bypassed by people of exceptional skill Deathstroke even admiteed this when someone managed to cut him by going beneath the scales of the Nth metal. Ultimate War Machine was durable and Cap still managed to bypass his durability as well as hurt other people well beyond his caliber. As well as deflect attacks from Ult Hawkeye, give Spider-man a bit of a tussle in a purely physical confrontation (granted Pete wasn't at 100% at the time but its still a good feat) and beat very skillful opponents in hand to hand such as Ult Black Panther.

Maybe if current Deathstroke had more/better feats that would put him anywhere near his pre-52 conterpart he could win but as it stands New-52 DS doesn't have the skill, versatility and I would even stretch brutality to hang with Ultimate Cap.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Ultimate Cap is superior to Slade in almost every way. Cap takes a majority.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@strider92: I don't see why his pre-52 feats cannot be taken into account.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@k4tzm4n: He has a different origin does he not? Seems like a different version to me.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Cap has been able to harm the Hulk. And in terms of a stratagem, both are closely matched. Slade may have superior reactions in theory, but Cap is also super human and renowned as a hand to hand combatant. I'd say Deathstroke has a slight advantage at range with his arsenal but that range with swiftly be cut by Cap. I think Deathstroke is slightly out of his league in this one.

ivolution2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ivolution2k1

deathstroke takes it

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Proabably Deathstroke.

AbdAzh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Draw. Although the edge is slightly on Slade. Slightly.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

@strider92 said:

@cadencev2 get in here!!!!

I already posted in the main thread why Deathstroke is Hopelessly outclass. I even posted the entire Cap Tribute Thread of all his feats.

Ultimate Cap wins, hands down.

Ultimate Captain America FEATS!

No Caption Provided

Ulitmate Captain America

What can I say about one of my favorite comic book characters of all time? well for starters he is a real soldier. Unlike 616 Cap, this one will do whatever it takes to win, including killing, maiming, or fighting just plain dirty. He also has superior stats around the board. He is so good at leadership that he becomes president of the United States! Ultimate Cap is the real hero we all should look up to as a standard.

Speed

Caps speed like his strength and durability is clearly super human levels.

1) Cap dodges computer targeting AK-47 with no Shield.

2) Cap dodges bullets from Military.

3-5) Reacts and Blocks electricity attacks. He does this again for a Silver Herald.

6) Bullets dodging from 360 degrees.

7) Cap actually reacts and moves faster than the Bullet Tranqs from Hawkeye's guns! Clint clearly fires first and Cap reacts second. Great feat.

8-9) Cap Reacts to Silver Herald Electric attack after it was fired!

Durability

Also unlike 616 Cap, Ultimate Steve best attribute is his Durability. this guy can take a beating like no other.

1-3) Cap jumps through the Jet Wash of a Ballistic Missile, plants grenades that blow in his face, gets hit by the shock wave of a Atomic Bomb, and then crashes into the icy sea. Still lived frozen till thawed.

4) 100+ toner Abomination crashes on Cap Legs and flings him through a building, no noticeable damage.

5-7) Cap tanks devastating blows from Blood Lusted Hulk. still giving interviews and on his feet.

8) Survives a ramming Iron Man Suit that craters the earth.

9-11) Blocks a hit from Blood Lusted Thor, flew at super speeds through a buildings side, and finally loses enough momentum to crash into wall. He is fine.

One of the best things about Ultimate Cap is his Minor Healing Factor.

1-2) Heals faster than Bruce Banner calculated. This was after being on Ice for 50+ years.

3) After a brutal beating from Hulk, Cap was still giving interviews.

4) Caps healing factor as per WW2 Scientist. He even cured Vampirism with his Healing Factor. Nerd Hulks Healing Factor could not.

Cap also likes to free fall from Helicopters, planes, and buildings with no fear or injury.

1) Free Falls from Plane.

2) Free Falls from Skyscraper.

Strength

Ultimate Cap differs from 616 Cap in Strength as well. Fact is Ultimate Steve is just so much stronger!

1) Strength to blow back these Clone Assassins from the shockwave.

2) Curls 1000 pound Dumb Bells like nothing.

3) Pushes Ultimate Spidey to hi limits in a shoving match.

4) Catches a easy 5 ton Pine Tree.

5) Catches Ultimate Valkerie's fist with no problem. She is strong enough to lock up weapons with Thor.

Gear

Unlike 616 Cap, Ultimate Cap likes gear options. He enjoys military weapons.

No Caption Provided

He makes good use of them too.

Caps best gear will always be his trusty Shield! Like 616 he has mad skills with it as well.

Caps Shield is not Adamantium, many people believe this. Truth is it is NEVER stated what it is made of. We know Henry Pym design it to be unbreakable. Well, Valkery magic sword broke it. Thor later replaces it with a new Shield made by Asgardian Dwarven Smiths. This Shield was also shattered later. Who knows what the current one is made of lol.

Cap like to use Frag, Gas, and Smoke Grenades/

Cap is also adept in the use of Assault Rifles.

Skills

Like 616 Cap, this Cap is full of win in skills and tactics.

1) Cap battle skills and computer hacking showing. This guy been unfrozen for mere months and is already Hacking military CPUs, and understands modern weapons and tactics.

2) Cap figures a way to beat Hulk without a Nuke.

3) Fury exclaims Cap learns faster than a Computer.

4) Cap learns to fly a Fighter Jet in less than a month. Big hop from WW2 Prop Planes to Fighter Jets.

Caps Tactics is so good, he single handily beaten the entire Vampire Army led by Nerd Hulk in one move!

Battles

Cap vs Hulk. Caps first real battle. He fights and nearly beats Hulk by himself. Then forms the plan to beat Hulk after getting beaten by blood lusted Hulk.

Cap vs Giant Man.

Cap vs Kleiser. This guy has double digit ton strength and insane healing factor.

Cap vs Brotherhood of Mutants! Cap actually takes out Juggernaut, the one kicked through the wall, with a kick to his face in this.

Cap vs Terrorist City. Cap Swims miles up river, then takes on a whole city armed up Black Hawk Down style.

Cap vs SHIELD. This is a great battle as Cap is Tranqed up, fights off Captain Britain suit SHIELD agents, and then takes a Iron Man Suit tackle from hell!

How Tough are these Captain Britain SHIELD Agents.

No Caption Provided

Strong enough to lift 100+ ton Ballistic Missiles.

Now the Epic Cap vs Liberation Battle. All this happens within a few hours.

Cap vs Schizo Man. Schizo Man has Mutiple Mans powers and picks a fight with a Tranquilized Cap.

Then after being freed Abomination tackles him.

Cap vs Abdul. Cap in pretty rough shape fights a exact copy of himself thanks to Loki's magic. Cap wins. Cap then goes onto fighting Loki's Troll army lol.

Cap vs a Russian Super Soldier who been fighting a Prison full of monsters for 60+ years. Him and the inmates were all cyborgs made with the super advance Vision body parts.

Both battles with Silver Heralds. Silver Heralds are capable of tearing Iron Man to shreds.

Cap vs Black Panther.

Cap vs Venom.

Cap vs Sabertooth. Sabertooth surprise attacks and Cap still manhandles Sabes.

Cap vs Juggernaut. Juggs trash Cap tlll Cap gets his Shield and KOs the 100 toner.

Cap dies from the Tidal Wave in New York and helps Thor beat Hela's Undead Army!

These next battles are Cap vs Nuke.

Nukes background.

Cap first battle with Nuke.

Cap vs Viet Cong ambush.

After Cap gets taken down by a whole village of Super Soldiers made by Nuke, Cap is tortured for a week straight with no food, water, and Pints of blood drained everyday.

Then when Nuke made it clear he was through with Cap, cap finds a venomous snake and sucks the poison into his mouth.

Then he spits it in Nukes eyes and beats him down in this weak condition!

Next Cap will face Red Skull. Who is Red Skull?

Red Skull is everything Cap is but, well, better.

Cap takes out the A.I.M. with ease, jumping from copter to copter, Red Skull trashes him though. After this Cap finds out Red Skull is his son, and then he goes Rogue.

Cap vs Avengers! He pretty much by himself beats the Avengers, however he wanted to be captured. This way he can get intel on where his son is and kill him with the Teleport Jet.

Then Cap ends Red Skull, later Fury shoots him on the head, who had the Cosmic Cube with a Surprise Teleport Jump!

Well that wraps up Cap history before United We Stand arc. As seen Cap is one bad mother who has consistently battle and beaten 100+ toners. Respect the Ultimate Cap!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

@teerack: @ivolution2k1: Do any of your know Ultimate Cap? If not, I have a Ultimates Tribute Thread with all Ultimate Captain America in the General Discussions thread to read up on him and give a educated guess.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap FTW

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I know Ultimate Cap as much as I know Deathstroke. Not much either way... but my ignorance is equal!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Well my friend, Ultimate Cap has no media time unlike DS who is in Injustice which everyone thinks is the Deathstroke being used here.

If Deathstroke wins votes, its due to popularity and the fact he is the favorite character in the new Injustice Game, which is sad.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

The PIS-force is stronger with Deathstroke.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@cadencev2 said:

@teerack: Well my friend, Ultimate Cap has no media time unlike DS who is in Injustice which everyone thinks is the Deathstroke being used here.

If Deathstroke wins votes, its due to popularity and the fact he is the favorite character in the new Injustice Game, which is sad.

Idk anything about the Injustice Deathstroke. My knowledge of him is based off of Young Justice, and his appearances in a few comics I read. My knowledge of Ultimate cap is based off the ultimate avengers movies, and his appearances in ultimate spider-man.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pokergeist

@teerack said:

@cadencev2 said:

Idk anything about the Injustice Deathstroke. My knowledge of him is based off of Young Justice, and his appearances in a few comics I read. My knowledge of Ultimate cap is based off the ultimate avengers movies, and his appearances in ultimate spider-man.

Remember 2 things. Ulitmate Avengers Movie and Spidey is not the same Cap at all.

Same for DS in Young Justice, he is weaker in YJ actually.

But I seen people already voted for DS because of the Injustice Game. Sad.

Also people seem to vote for Slade due to PIS of taking down the JL with mass Prep. In a random fight he was punked by Wonder Woman easy, and WW held back alot to not kill him lol.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Also quick question, does New 52 Deathstroke not have all the skills or same origins as pre 52? He is a different person and lesser skill level right?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Yeah but I don't see any version of Cap taking down WW, so it doesn't really mean anything.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ultimate Cap. is physically equal if not superior to Deathstroke....and Cap. has the skills comparable to batman, which means

Ultimate Cap. = Deathstroke + Batman

Results: Cap. wins (8/10)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@cadencev2: Yeah but I don't see any version of Cap taking down WW, so it doesn't really mean anything.

I do not either, the point is DS cannot take down the League at all without Prep and bad writing.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@k4tzm4n: He has a different origin does he not? Seems like a different version to me.

His origin is the same --- it's actually practically identical since Liefeld copied the original Wolfman origin almost panel for panel in the Deathstroke zero issue. There are a few changes here and there like Grant being alive, but Grant never had any influence on Slade's training or anything like that.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Cap. People are wanking the Nth metal armor too much.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By laflux

Oh this thread >:D

jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Deathstroke he can't hang with Ultimate Cap. Ultimate is more brutal and his power levels are superhuman not peak human like his 616 counterpart. Also this version of Cap has downed the Hulk who is also more savage and wild in the Ultimate universe. If anyone has read Millar's run on The Ultimates that Cap was a freakin' beast. He was just that badass! Sorry Deathstroke this is a bounty you won't be collecting on.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

f**k the Nth armor it's not even that great.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is hard... Some part of me is thinking this is a stalemate...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

f**k the Nth armor it's not even that great.

Nth metal is overrated.

3 examples of Nth Metal armor pierced. Not impressive.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Ult Cap however, I was totally not bribed by @cadencev2

PabloGdeAnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's something everyone's forgetting about Cap, he has a strength I think only he and Spider-Man (both 616 and ultimate) share with him, and that's his absolute refusal to give up.
When he's fighting someone like Slade, and realizes he's a mercenary for hire, a killer, who's main motivation is money, he instantly believes that punk must be put down.
And yes, I think the word "punk" would be used, and that belief gives Cap strength, focus and resolve.
It's one of the great things writers have put so much about Ultimate Cap. And I think Cap takes this fight while taking heavy injuries and dismissing them with some witty remarks at the end.
(This Captain America does pity his opponents and occasionally make disses them).

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#38  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

@ccraft said:

Cap shield won't be able to dent Deathstrokes Nth metal armor

Remember this?lol

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke wins

this reminds me of ultimates one

when captain america flys a plane into a nazi base and it does well that

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#39  Edited By utkanflash

DeathStroke is more clever, faster,agile than Cap... And DeathStroke is specialit every weapon and gagdet !! ... He can use sword, machine gun, throwin knifes,pistol and bow in same action ?!? ... He is a better H2H combatant and more clever combatant..Deathstroke far much better to use envoirment if fight...

Any DeathStroke version take out any Cap. America version.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deathstroke for the win!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deathstroke for the win!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist

DeathStroke is more clever, faster,agile than Cap... And DeathStroke is specialit every weapon and gagdet !! ... He can use sword, machine gun, throwin knifes,pistol and bow in same action ?!? ... He is a better H2H combatant and more clever combatant..Deathstroke far much better to use envoirment if fight...

Any DeathStroke version take out any Cap. America version.

yeah, that is not a bias remark.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should think cap would take this, by no means will it be easy, but you take an already excellent h2h fighter and pump him up with super human status ?

That should be the deciding factor

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By evilvegeta74

Ultimate Cap is hardcore, he doesn't play at all.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Cap with Thors hammer is even more awesome.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hell yeah!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I remember when I first read that issue, and thinking bull$h!t, the Vampires were just about to win >:(

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By evilvegeta74

@evilvegeta74 said:

Ultimate Cap with Thors hammer is even more awesome.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hell yeah!

Nice! I think that there are too many DC fans here, Ultimate Cap to win, but he has my vote anyway!

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By doombot890

Ultimate Cap wins

for proof I'd draw your attentions to the whole red skull arc and the ultimate cap mini with that Nuke the other Captain America (Vietnam era) which to me is basically a Cap vs Deathstroke battle

Cap will eventually get the upper hand he just needs a sec...although same can be said with Slade.

...please let cap scream SSLLAAAAAADDDEEE!!!

Cap's regenerative capabilities are greater than Slade's and his tactical acumen is faster also. also like others before me have stated CAP BEAT THE FUCKING HULK

and that was with very little prep time. yes Slade did beat that Vandal Savage wannabe immortal guy (which was the only good story of the whole Deathstroke series) but he got beat in like what 3 fights before that? in a straight up battle like this Ultimate Cap has the edge....

I'm just gonna keep repeating myself at this rate.

RedHood787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RedHood787
No Caption Provided

Deathstroke

No Caption Provided
ekrolo

Forum Posts