Colossus vs Thing

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Both morals on(in character)
  • No time limit
  • Win by K.O. only
  • It's 8:00 a.m., sunny, no wind
  • There are innocent bystanders
  • Please provide a decent argument, don't say "__ wins" and then leave, this is a debating forum, so debate.
  • Starting Distance: 5 feet
spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By spawn_123

Colossus

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By xxxddd

@spawn_123 said:

Colossus

Elaborate.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By madrid_san

This has been done many times actually.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xxxddd

@madrid_san said:

It's only been done once, and that battle was trolled on and the setup was vague.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@xxxddd said:

@madrid_san said:

It's only been done once, and that battle was trolled on and the setup was vague.

No many times:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/the-thing-vs-colossus/626936/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thing-vs-colossus-in-street-fight/644390/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thing-vs-colossus/17161/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thing-vs-colossus/571127/

Personally don't care, but i thought you should know.

Avatar image for agent_california
Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Agent_California

There's little question that Pete is the stronger of the two (usually, Spikey thing was a two to three hundred tonner and Angrir was even stronger than that) while Ben is the better fighter. However, Ben has beaten a lot of people out of his weight category before through sheer tenacity and skill. I'd say that out of Marvel's bricks, Grimm is definitely the best non-divine fighter. I'd give Ben a bit of an advantage since the difference in strength between the two is small enough for Grimm's better skill to come out on top.

Angrir vs Colossonaut would be quite interesting to say the least.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xxxddd

bump

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By robertloucksjr

I think Thing. Strength and durability wise they are close, but Thing is a better fighter.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xxxddd

@robertloucksjr said:

I think Thing. Strength and durability wise they are close, but Thing is a better fighter.

Proof of this?

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal tools are used to break up rocks, example pick axe, going with Colossus for this reason.

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By bornstar

@robertloucksjr said:

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

@robertloucksjr said:

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing fairs better against Hulk, usually lasts longer so I am going with Thing.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bo88gdan

Colossus

Avatar image for annarnone_deathfeather
Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario 1) Collosus swings at the Thing and Shatters him into a thousand bits of Ruble

Scenario 2) the Thing Throws a punch Collosus his hand crumbles and then collosus Pounds The thing till he's dust

Either way The Thing ain't winning on his own.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Annarnone_Deathfeather said:

Scenario 1) Collosus swings at the Thing and Shatters him into a thousand bits of Ruble

Scenario 2) the Thing Throws a punch Collosus his hand crumbles and then collosus Pounds The thing till he's dust

Not even close. That is a ridiculously gross underestimation of the Thing.

Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Agent_California

@TheAcidSkull said:

this is incredibly wrong and inaccurate ..............

Agreed. This is par the course for this guy given his ramblings on the WW vs Sephiroth thread.

Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal V Brick = brick gets crushed/ And what's in one post is not a carry over, separate thread. collosus is like so much more destructive. He has super armored skin, he is also somewhat quicker and Pretty much impervious to any kind of Damage.

I think if the thing was going to beat him he'd have to be at least twice his strength but because The Thing restrains himself Psychologically he won't, collosus has this in the Bag

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Metal V Brick = brick gets crushed/ And what's in one post is not a carry over, separate thread. collosus is like so much more destructive. He has super armored skin, he is also somewhat quicker and Pretty much impervious to any kind of Damage.

I think if the thing was going to beat him he'd have to be at least twice his strength but because The Thing restrains himself Psychologically he won't, collosus has this in the Bag

Colossus is not more destructive, his agility isn't often used, he isn't a better fighter using mostly brawling tactics and he isn't stronger than the Thing by any margin that makes a difference. Your metal vs brick statement doesn't harbor any merit considering I could easily say bullet vs flesh= bullet wins when in comics that isn't true for a lot of characters. Otherwise, Hulk, Namor and Thor would be getting punctured by bullets when a statement is so general without specifics. Thing has tanked hits from people on Colossus' level and above and didn't shatter or crumble into dust. He took multiple hits from Colossus as the Juggernaut, he's been fighting Hulk for decades without crumbling to dust, he's tanked hits from Namor, Thor and so on. Plenty of people above Colossus so why Peter would is beyond me.

Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the thing has so much restraint that even in this one of Battle he'd hesitate or loose focus and collosus would destroy him, sledgehammer to concrete, basically Ben just isn't cut out to Fight collosus, his heart isn't into the whole I'm a Superhero, he's more concerned about the side of himself that he cannot be. but to tell you the truth if this was gonna actually happen then Just buy it in the comic book store when it comes out and then Scan the ending result and past it here

Oh and don't forget to call spoiler

Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Agent_California

Because the thing has so much restraint that even in this one of Battle he'd hesitate or loose focus and collosus would destroy him, sledgehammer to concrete, basically Ben just isn't cut out to Fight collosus, his heart isn't into the whole I'm a Superhero, he's more concerned about the side of himself that he cannot be. but to tell you the truth if this was gonna actually happen then Just buy it in the comic book store when it comes out and then Scan the ending result and past it here

Ben...not into being a superhero?

Do you know...literally anything about the thing? At all? Ben LOVES being a superhero.

Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but he doesn't want to hurt anyone, He hates what he looks like, I'd be more towards Johny winning this but sorry the thing doesn't do anyTHING here ty

Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Agent_California

Yes but he doesn't want to hurt anyone, He hates what he looks like, I'd be more towards Johny winning this but sorry the thing doesn't do anyTHING here ty

When the hell did Johnny Storm get in this thread? And not hurt anyone? Ben loves nothing more than a good scrap against someone who can take his punches, and Peter is one of those people.

Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsk kids

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xxxddd

bump

Agent_California

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agent_California

tsk kids

You're calling US the kids?

Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

California (337 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Online Now
FollowSend a PM

tsk kids

You're calling US the kids?

well yeah actually Collosus wins this

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

This is a tough one.

• The Thing and Colossus both have experience in hand-to-hand combat, so that isn't a major factor here.
  • The Thing and Colossus are both in the same ball-park in terms of strength, with maybe a slight edge to Ben.
  • The Thing has an edge in durability, but Colossus is swifter.

Let's compare on how they have fared against other, more accomplished power-houses.

World War Hulk

Colossus

The Thing

Savage Hulk

Colossus

The Thing

Juggernaut

Colossus

The Thing

Based on these results I'll have to say The Thing due to his durability eventually pulling off, but it will be extremely close.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Hyperlight

Colossus was nearly as strong as the thing when he was a teenager and he is much stronger now. Colossus has been fighting and training for years as well and has probably had his powers longer than Thing. Thing still uses his brawler skills better though (most of the time). I would give it to Colossus

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By tomlikesfries

I'm not sure but I think Ben wins.

and...

However, Colossus has also done some impressive stuff:

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ratatat

thing he trains way more than colossus to improve his strength

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By robertloucksjr

Thing has been around way longer than Colossus. He also had military training before he became the Thing when he was in the Air Force.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Again, your comparisons with metal vs rock have no merit and this is also false. If you think Ben has so much restraint and Colossus doesn't you have shown little knowledge on both characters.

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 8bitGangsta

The Thing (his durability should let him win)

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By HellionVulcan

@Agent_California said:

There's little question that Pete is the stronger of the two (usually, Spikey thing was a two to three hundred tonner and Angrir was even stronger than that) while Ben is the better fighter. However, Ben has beaten a lot of people out of his weight category before through sheer tenacity and skill. I'd say that out of Marvel's bricks, Grimm is definitely the best non-divine fighter. I'd give Ben a bit of an advantage since the difference in strength between the two is small enough for Grimm's better skill to come out on top.

Angrir vs Colossonaut would be quite interesting to say the least.

Angrir vs Colossusnaut would play out like his fight with Kuurth expect that he'd drag him to a speed that would just tear Angrir apart .

Colossus strength/Durability is actually much better than things but thing is just hard to defeat unless its a guy like Gladiator who has ko'd him twice one punch lol but overall i think Colossus takes the majority .

Avatar image for swordandshields
SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SwordandShields

Thing takes this. Thing loves to fight and here is someone who is actually a challange not saying Hulk isn't a challenge but a good fight to see. Personally Thing takes this for more training and H2H skills. P.S Thing will bash Colossuses head in. Piss Thing off and see what'll he do. He'll wreck you.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SwordandShields said:

Thing takes this. Thing loves to fight and here is someone who is actually a challange not saying Hulk isn't a challenge but a good fight to see. Personally Thing takes this for more training and H2H skills. P.S Thing will bash Colossuses head in. Piss Thing off and see what'll he do. He'll wreck you.

Thing won't wreck Colossus either.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chiq

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Cool scans.

Would you happen to have Gladiator vs Colossus and Thing vs Gladiator fights? I think Colossus held up much better then Ben did.

This is a close fight fore sure.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thing.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By madrid_san

@chiq said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Cool scans.

Would you happen to have Gladiator vs Colossus and Thing vs Gladiator fights? I think Colossus held up much better then Ben did.

This is a close fight fore sure.

Colossus was also a teen at that time. It is close, but Colossus takes him,

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't believe Thing was on equal footing with Colossus when he was a teen. Colossus was a class 75 back then while Thing was originally class 5 when he started and had to train and it took him decades to go from that class to class 100+ on near equal footing to where Colossus is now which comes down to who you believe is slightly stronger than who. Using scans from previous fights, you have to be careful of the context when using them and what strength class Thing was at the time.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Crimson_COMET
No Caption Provided

The Thing and Colossus have both have displayed very similar showings of strength and durability, both with scaling to being able to cause trouble for foes above their weight-class.

Due to this, the result between The Thing and Colossus is one that will likely not result in either having a minor power or durability advantage, with aspects being found through different aspects about their characters. Since it is likely that based on just strength and durability alone that each has just as likely a chance at winning, with each side able to balance out a fair win rate of 5/10 each way.

Other states should be more looked into: Skill, Speed & Stamina.

Skill!

It terms of actual training, Colossus would see the benefit here, as he has seen training with other x-men like Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Though neither of those two are anything truly to woah over.

The Thing on the other hand has most of his skill developed through his many actual engagements in true combat.

This comes down to the comparison of Training vs Street Smarts.

The difference here is how they have trained. Colossus has prioritized in a Judo, sword fighting and acrobatics, while The Thing has Boxing, wrestling, Judo, jujitsu, and street-fighting.

Advantage.... The Thing!

The Thing has more training here, and he's likely older between the two, allowing him more battle experience. As well as Ben being involved with fighting even before he gained his rocky exposure.

Speed!

Neither of these two are by any means known for speed. But one of them does manage the advantage here.

Advantage.... Colossus!

Colossus has the mobility edge through his acrobatics, and has proved to even give Nightcrawler a spook due to how fast Colossus manages to react. And Nightcrawler wouldn't be the only one.

Stamina!

This is the most straight forward of the two.. despite both of them having amazing stamina and the will to keep fighting. But in a matchup like this of such equals, Stamina might be the most important factor, as it tells which of them is will take home the W if they find themselves in a long-term battle against each other: near equal lvl opponents.

Advantage.... Colossus!

The Thing has amazing stamina, able to exert himself as full capacity for as long as 24 hours, but his stamina will eventually deplete, and despite The Thing likely having the better drive and will between the two Thing still has a limit to how long he can continue.

Colossus, however, has proven that as long as he is in his metal form, that he doesn't need to eat, to breath, to sleep, and can fight for several days at full capacity until he experiences fatigue.

OVERALL!

The Thing and Colossus are near equal in terms of their combat abilities. The Thing has a skill advantage, but Colossus has the mobility and reach advantage. Due to both of them being so good at being able to take punishment from characters outside of their weight class, it is very likely that they could manage to continue battle until The Things 24 hour peak performance manages to start giving way, unable to continue keeping up with the stamina of Colossus: who can run full power for several days worth.

Resulting in the more likely winner being Colossus, to take the slight Majority of the outcomes due to his greater stamina.

No Caption Provided

What a Chad!

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 takenstew22  Moderator

Thing stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a fan of both, but the Thing kicks his ass.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Crimson_COMET

@takenstew22: Not a stomp.

Thing has better power and skill.

Colossus has better durability, speed and stamina.

The power and durability different pretty much balance those aspects out, with Things fighting advantage being evened out with the experience, and speed advantage of Colossus.

Considering how well both fighters manage as tanks who can seemingly fight until they tire out, the 2 likely can manage a near equal number of wins against each other, with the final factor being which one can continue going longer.

That would be Colossus. Thing can fight full force for 24 hours straight. Colossus can manage several days, and doesn't need food, water or air: while Ben will. This results in Thing being the more likely to tire out, with Thing being on poor energy reserves from the lack of food and water by the time Colossus begins to tire.

Thing can absolutely take the win, but Colossus takes the majority thanks to his stamina.

Neither have any solid tries at the physical advantage to "stomp" a win. Both have battled and lost too Hulk and Gladiator. Thing did better against Hulk, Colossus did better against Gladiator: both aspects being debatable.

Thing has proven better power as seen in his fights with heavy hitters like Hulk

Colossus has proven better durability as seen in his fight with Gladiator and invulnerability to Wolverines claws (non-rage amped), while Thing as been badly cut by Wolverine (non-rage amped.)

- Close match. Each can win, but the better stamina sponge manages a majority.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@crimson_comet said:

Colossus has better durability, speed and stamina.

The one that got blitzed by Thor has better speed?

I don't think he has better durability either. Thing recently took hits from Immortal Hulk (which might be a high-end, but whatever). And Hulk is stronger than Gladiator consistently.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Crimson_COMET

@takenstew22: Thor is incredibly fast, him being understood to be a slug is not a proper or consistent value for his combat speed.

Colossus has the speed advantage due to him being heavily trained in acrobatics, showing many times of keep someone like Nightcrawler on his toes.

Regardless of if Thing can take hits from Immortal Hulk and how Colossus and Thing get slapped by guys stronger than them, it does poor to being to only reason to display how they fair against each other.

My point was that both of them are so sturdy and committed that the match up will likely find its way to end when one of them can no longer continue due to stamina.

With The Thing being the first too tire: by a large stamina gap difference.

If these guys can continue to take beatings from people who hit so much harder than them, than it leads to little reason for them to manage to KO each other if they have proven such grand durability and continuation of combat. A result that might find an ending if either or have a reasonable tiring stamina.

- The Thing starting to poop-out by a days worth, while Colossus can manage much longer.