• 118 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for myronlee26
#51 Posted by MyronLee26 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio
@xmenfallen: Wikipedia is legit now. cause anytime you edit an article, you have to give a reliable source where you got the info from.
Avatar image for anjo_negro
#52 Posted by anjo_negro (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide: @xmenfallen: @Matezoide: 
Agreed couse Wolvy can also cut and almost killed Colossus in Wolvy goes to Hell
Avatar image for edgeworth_11
#53 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio
@anjo_negro:
That is pure BS! Wolverine is great, but he couldnt never harm Colossus if Peter allowed it. Colossus MURDERS Thing.
Avatar image for ripcurl
#54 Posted by ripcurl (546 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both class 100. Colossus' strength increased when Magneto re-aligned his cells. I'd have to go with Ben Grimm here, look at WW Hulk, Colossus loses almost instantly, while the Thing at least gets off some good hits before being knocked out.
Avatar image for edgeworth_11
#55 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

bad writing. if they went mano a mano, Colossus logically wins and will.
Avatar image for greendevil
#56 Posted by Greendevil (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@ripcurl: nah dude. Thing got in a couple, but WWH wasn't really fighting back. Also he oneshoted Thing with a thunderclap/punch! Also this was one on one. WWH just took everything Storm and Torch had without any problems. Then Thing comes in. When WWH was fighting the X-men, it was 7 on 1. So WWH dont mess about. Also Peter took some damage and kept coming back!

Regarding Ben vs Peter. Imo this is a very close fight but Peter gets the slight advantage 60-40!




No Caption Provided


No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for hoboseid
#57 Posted by Hoboseid (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus maybe
Avatar image for god_spawn
#58 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
" @anjo_negro: That is pure BS! Wolverine is great, but he couldnt never harm Colossus if Peter allowed it. Colossus MURDERS Thing. "
It isn't BS because nothing suggested Wolverine was physically amped in goes to hell, he did have other powers but nothing showed him amped up strength wise.
Moderator
Avatar image for AssertingValor
#59 Posted by AssertingValor (8137 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie.................................................... (or they wouldnt fight eachother)................................
Avatar image for greendevil
#60 Posted by Greendevil (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @Edgeworth_11 said:
" @anjo_negro: That is pure BS! Wolverine is great, but he couldnt never harm Colossus if Peter allowed it. Colossus MURDERS Thing. "
It isn't BS because nothing suggested Wolverine was physically amped in goes to hell, he did have other powers but nothing showed him amped up strength wise. "

I think a berserker mode Logan could cut Peter. But this is only a possibility. Cuz Peter is very hard to cut, and a normal Logan is not strong enough to do that imo. Also Wolverine was amped up not only in the strenght department, but also in speed. Of course also all those weird demonic powers.

Look how far he jumps. This is not normal for Wolverine

No Caption Provided

And he usually is not so fast you cant see his hairy @$$


No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#61 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22458 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil:
What issues are those from?

Also Colossus wins. Thing is over rated.
Avatar image for kallarkz
#62 Edited by Kallarkz (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
This seems like it would come out as a tie.

For Colossus:
He has a higher durability than Thing and Marvels official ratings put him above the Things strength.


For Thing:
While only being slightly weaker than Colossus he is a much more experienced hand-to-hand combatant.


Though one of the factors i have not seen anyone take into account is that of stamina. Marvel has reported that Things heightened stamina will allow him to exert himself for 24 hours while Colossus' metal forms gives him the ability to exert himself to max for several days. Meaning that Thing tires more quickly than Colossus does.
Avatar image for mira
#63 Posted by mira (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins of course.

Avatar image for greendevil
#64 Posted by Greendevil (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:

Dont know wich ones you mean but, the Wolverine scans are from "wolverine goes to hell" And the other ones are from WWH vs x-men!

@Kallarkz:
 Even more reason for Peter to win. Peter fights more smart than Ben. "its globering time" ...ok bro what ever. Ben is stupid...for a pilot that is. I like his character cuz he has balls of stone (literally) and a good heart. But his IQ is not impressive lol. Peter on the other hand is an art lover. I remember him loving nature, and painting. Also Peter is a smart fighter. In his fight with savage Hulk he was using his brains and skills against an angry hulk. He has been trained by Wolverine, Cyclops and the dangerroom and has had plenty of brawls with Juggernaut and other powerhouses for the last + 45 years. I dont see how Thing is more experienced than him.
Avatar image for kallarkz
#65 Edited by Kallarkz (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:

" @buttersdaman000:

Dont know wich ones you mean but, the Wolverine scans are from "wolverine goes to hell" And the other ones are from WWH vs x-men!

@Kallarkz:  Even more reason for Peter to win. Peter fights more smart than Ben. "its globering time" ...ok bro what ever. Ben is stupid...for a pilot that is. I like his character cuz he has balls of stone (literally) and a good heart. But his IQ is not impressive lol. Peter on the other hand is an art lover. I remember him loving nature, and painting. Also Peter is a smart fighter. In his fight with savage Hulk he was using his brains and skills against an angry hulk. He has been trained by Wolverine, Cyclops and the dangerroom and has had plenty of brawls with Juggernaut and other powerhouses for the last + 45 years. I dont see how Thing is more experienced than him. "

Officially from Marvel Colossus is an Expert hand-to-hand combatant while Thing is a Master hand-to hand-combatant. Things official Fighting skills are higher than that of Colossus.
Avatar image for greendevil
#66 Posted by Greendevil (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: 
Fair enough..but imo he dosent show it in the comic. Also i prefer scans, cuz these "charts" are usually very of. Same with Wikipedia.
Imo this is a close fight. But Peter has a slight advantage in almost every aspect!
Avatar image for kallarkz
#67 Posted by Kallarkz (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:
" @Kallarkz:  Fair enough..but imo he dosent show it in the comic. Also i prefer scans, cuz these "charts" are usually very of. Same with Wikipedia. Imo this is a close fight. But Peter has a slight advantage in almost every aspect! "
Personally, Thing gets on my nerves. Ever since the FF cartoon came out and I i would see him  do was "TALK TALK TALK" i could barley watch the show. My personal view of Colossus is a much more logical and mild-tempered person compared to Thing. Things "herpaderp ima clobber it" strategy has proved fail many times in the past as he is not known for his ability to come up with a strategy to defeat an opponent .
Avatar image for greendevil
#68 Posted by Greendevil (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz:

LMAO...couldn't agree more!
Avatar image for god_spawn
#69 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio
@Greendevil said:

" @god_spawn said:

" @Edgeworth_11 said:
" @anjo_negro: That is pure BS! Wolverine is great, but he couldnt never harm Colossus if Peter allowed it. Colossus MURDERS Thing. "
It isn't BS because nothing suggested Wolverine was physically amped in goes to hell, he did have other powers but nothing showed him amped up strength wise. "

I think a berserker mode Logan could cut Peter. But this is only a possibility. Cuz Peter is very hard to cut, and a normal Logan is not strong enough to do that imo. Also Wolverine was amped up not only in the strenght department, but also in speed. Of course also all those weird demonic powers.

Look how far he jumps. This is not normal for Wolverine

No Caption Provided

And he usually is not so fast you cant see his hairy @$$


No Caption Provided
"
For the first scan i cant really tell how far he jumped in the first scan, maybe if there was a second panel but he has lept up to the heads of sentinels and fly enemies before. However in the second scan that is wrong, Wolverine has blitzed people before they could react or see
No Caption Provided


No Caption Provided


No Caption Provided


No Caption Provided



 
I have a few more scans that show him moving faster than people can react and he even seems like a blur, but nothing was ever confirmed that he was physically amped when he stabbed colossus.
Moderator
Avatar image for jec777
#70 Posted by jec777 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

as the thing would say " i'm just to ugly to know when to quit"  this helped him last three rounds with champion.  it's a long fight but the thing wins.
Avatar image for ramtha07
#71 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:
Nice scans. As always.
Avatar image for god_spawn
#72 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say tie. I can't come up with a real winner. They both are too even with slight advantages in different areas.

Moderator
Avatar image for madrid_san
#73 Posted by madrid_san (2199 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
"I'm gonna say tie. I can't come up with a real winner. They both are too even with slight advantages in different areas. "


Thing doesn't have an advantage in anything. Colossus trains daily in the danger room and was trained in H2H by Wolverine himself. You can't ask for a better instructor. Colossus is more durable, stronger, more endurance, agile, level-headed, smarter, you get the idea. I don't think this will be very close. Not saying Colossus wins easily, but comfortably.

Avatar image for guruoffunk
#74 Posted by GuruOfFunk (459 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with The Thing.
Avatar image for ramtha07
#75 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio


I actually think the Thing is underrated on the Vine... not overrated as some suggest. I see blunt trauma more effective against Colossus' organic steel than slicing and dicing.

Y'know what, I'm going to go with Ben here. It's such an even tussle but I think Ben is just overall tougher, not necessarily physically, but just more of that something, that extra ounce of grit, that makes all the difference in such a close battle.

Yup... gonna go with Ben here.

Avatar image for greendevil
#76 Posted by Greendevil (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: nice scans dude. Thx!

In the first picture, Logan must be jumping something like + 7-14 meters straight up in the air judging by the street lamp  (depending on the model)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided




No Caption Provided







Ive never really seen him jump like this before. But apparently Wolverine can blits lol.
Avatar image for versus_freak
#77 Posted by versus_freak (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bulky Bicep:  stalemate
Avatar image for edgeworth_11
#78 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus!!
Avatar image for god_spawn
#79 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san:
 

Thing doesn't have an advantage in anything. Colossus trains daily in the danger room and was trained in H2H by Wolverine himself. You can't ask for a better instructor. Colossus is more durable, stronger, more endurance, agile, level-headed, smarter, you get the idea. I don't think this will be very close. Not saying Colossus wins easily, but comfortably

.Not  true. If either is stronger than the other it's by a small margin. If either is more durable, it's by a small margin. Neither outclass eachother in anything that is super significant. Colossus could be slightly faster, it's not like he is blitzing people. Colossus was trained by Wolverine in h2h, but that doesn't mean he is on Logan's level. Colossus trains in the danger room, but Ben trains with equipment Reed Richards builds. Ben has been  scrapping much longer than Colossus has, and Ben always comes into a fight more determined than Colossus. Neither holds a true advantage over the other and that's why i call a tie.
Moderator
Avatar image for ghostrider29
#80 Posted by GhostRider29 (2956 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus
Avatar image for ramtha07
#81 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:
I think you called it when you said Thing comes into scraps more determined... he's grittier, more of a scrapper at heart, and this is why I say broken and battered, but victorious nonetheless for baby blue eyes.
Avatar image for Scarbearer
#82 Posted by Scarbearer (784 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07 said:
" @god_spawn: I think you called it when you said Thing comes into scraps more determined... he's grittier, more of a scrapper at heart, and this is why I say broken and battered, but victorious nonetheless for baby blue eyes. "
This
Avatar image for madrid_san
#83 Posted by madrid_san (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. That's not enough to beat Colossus.Colossus is determined and alot smarter fighter and plus he is stronger and tougher.
Avatar image for ramtha07
#84 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@madrid_san:
These are all your opinions... most probably because you like Colossus more than you like the Thing. So do I. But you've shown nothing to proove Colossus to be 'tougher' or stronger other than because you say so. I say they are fairly evenly matched feat wise. However, their personalities differ and this is where Ben takes the edge in my opinion. 

As for strength; many Marvel stats show Colossus at 70 tons and the Thing at 85 tons. There is a lot of different conjecture as to their true strength levels so we should play off feats. Post or name feats Colossus has pulled off to show him stronger and/or tougher to Ben and there are two more to show that the Thing has done same to similar... and at times better.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#85 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:
Colossus has been at a 100 tons for awhile, and Thing was 90 last time i checked but due to feats both are 100 tonners.


@madrid_san:
Again no proof. Both have an advantage over eachother but nothingg that gives them a significant edge.
Moderator
Avatar image for edgeworth_11
#86 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:
Colossus is over 100 tonnes. That would be enough to lay a haymaker.
Avatar image for ramtha07
#87 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:
Hmm ... Can't find the source pegging Petey at 100 tons... where is this stated as Marvel canon? Would like to go and take a peek at updates...
Avatar image for god_spawn
#88 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07: Handbook i belive. when he first introduced he was 75 tons but as he got older and stronger, his powers increased as well. Ill try and find a scan
Moderator
Avatar image for ramtha07
#89 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:
He was first introduced as a 70 tonner.

I know Marvel Wikia puts him at 100 tons nowadays... but I don't think that's cannon. It's true he was a teenager when first introduced and still developing and maturing, so I believe he can indeed be a 100 tonner but have never stated him as such do to lack of proof (aside from feats clearly showing him at 100+)

Avatar image for god_spawn
#90 Posted by God_Spawn (42812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ramtha07:
My bad thought he was 75 at first.

 

Anyways the best way to do it is to go off feats. I generally take the handbooks with a grain of salt as some characters have feats that put them over that mark, like spiderman at 10 tons yet he has feats that put him above that. The handbooks are really the only actual way to gauge an accurate strength level unless stated otherwise on panel.

Moderator
Avatar image for edgeworth_11
#91 Edited by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07:
You were wrong, its ok, we all make mistakes. Colossus is 100 tonner+. End of story.
Avatar image for ramtha07
#92 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edgeworth_11 said:

"

                   
@Ramtha07: You were wrong, its ok, we all make mistakes. Colossus is 100 tonner+. End of story.

                   

                "

 

End of your story? I can live with that.
Because you say so? No.

Because it's Marvel's official stats listing him as such (not talking wikia here) I have yet to see proof of this though I'm not saying it's wrong. The last official stat reading had him at 70 tons.

Off feats yes, I agree, he is a 100 tonner. So is Ben so this does not prove Colossus to be stronger. 


 

Avatar image for madrid_san
#93 Posted by madrid_san (2199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07 said:
"

@madrid_san:
These are all your opinions... most probably because you like Colossus more than you like the Thing. So do I. But you've shown nothing to proove Colossus to be 'tougher' or stronger other than because you say so. I say they are fairly evenly matched feat wise. However, their personalities differ and this is where Ben takes the edge in my opinion. 

As for strength; many Marvel stats show Colossus at 70 tons and the Thing at 85 tons. There is a lot of different conjecture as to their true strength levels so we should play off feats. Post or name feats Colossus has pulled off to show him stronger and/or tougher to Ben and there are two more to show that the Thing has done same to similar... and at times better.

"


Haven't seen feats for Colossus that display upperlimit of his strength, BUT there are enough evidence to show he is a lot tougher. For starters, Wolverine (forget the one that just came back from Hell) can't penetrate Colossus' armor. He can easily rip through Thing as he nearly killed him before. Colossus can endure longer as well (several days) the Thing (a day)

 

Also, Tony Stark recently confessed to underestimate Colossus for just muscles without a brain. He praised his smarts, something I doubt he'd ever do for Thing. Like someone else said, he must be the dumbest pilot ever! lol

Avatar image for thamessenger07
#94 Posted by ThaMessenger07 (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san:  Wolverine has stabbed Colossus Multiple times. Only in old comics and in Ultimate X-Men has Colossus shown to be resistant to even adamantium. eric could elaborate on this better. Thing has had several showings of Wolverine not being able to cut through his hide. I feel this is PIS because he has done it before and honestly I don't know anyone that Wolvie can't cut through. As for strength Thing and Colossus would be in the same range with Thing having more high end feats. Also Thing shows to be more of a fighter and have a heart. Colossus is a good fighter as well with his training but doesn't always roll with his opponents as often and comes off as a brute MORE OFTEN then Thing.

I say there close but my Money is on Thing....
Avatar image for ramtha07
#95 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san said:
"

                    @Ramtha07 said:

"

@madrid_san:
These are all your opinions... most probably because you like Colossus more than you like the Thing. So do I. But you've shown nothing to proove Colossus to be 'tougher' or stronger other than because you say so. I say they are fairly evenly matched feat wise. However, their personalities differ and this is where Ben takes the edge in my opinion. 


As for strength; many Marvel stats show Colossus at 70 tons and the Thing at 85 tons. There is a lot of different conjecture as to their true strength levels so we should play off feats. Post or name feats Colossus has pulled off to show him stronger and/or tougher to Ben and there are two more to show that the Thing has done same to similar... and at times better.

"


Haven't seen feats for Colossus that display upperlimit of his strength, BUT there are enough evidence to show he is a lot tougher. For starters, Wolverine (forget the one that just came back from Hell) can't penetrate Colossus' armor. He can easily rip through Thing as he nearly killed him before. Colossus can endure longer as well (several days) the Thing (a day)


 


Also, Tony Stark recently confessed to underestimate Colossus for just muscles without a brain. He praised his smarts, something I doubt he'd ever do for Thing. Like someone else said, he must be the dumbest pilot ever! lol



                   

                "

Don't need to be a rocket scientist or have Einstein's IQ to be an intelligent fighter. He ain't clobbering Petey with his brain so I don't see your point.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#96 Posted by termiteone4ever (12719 posts) - - Show Bio

DIdnt thing got this already :)

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
#97 Posted by lectriccolossus (469 posts) - - Show Bio

ok for the record why are people going to wiki when comicvine has the info....? It has been clearly stated that colossus strength was at 750 tons, while the thing on the other hand is left open to speculation, i cannot provide scans but colossus strength was calculated when he was fighting those nimrods in second coming. i am not going to say who i would think would win, this battle has been done before but its still nice to keep things current :)
Avatar image for madrid_san
#98 Posted by madrid_san (2199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07 said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

                    @Ramtha07 said:

"

@madrid_san:
These are all your opinions... most probably because you like Colossus more than you like the Thing. So do I. But you've shown nothing to proove Colossus to be 'tougher' or stronger other than because you say so. I say they are fairly evenly matched feat wise. However, their personalities differ and this is where Ben takes the edge in my opinion. 


As for strength; many Marvel stats show Colossus at 70 tons and the Thing at 85 tons. There is a lot of different conjecture as to their true strength levels so we should play off feats. Post or name feats Colossus has pulled off to show him stronger and/or tougher to Ben and there are two more to show that the Thing has done same to similar... and at times better.

"


Haven't seen feats for Colossus that display upperlimit of his strength, BUT there are enough evidence to show he is a lot tougher. For starters, Wolverine (forget the one that just came back from Hell) can't penetrate Colossus' armor. He can easily rip through Thing as he nearly killed him before. Colossus can endure longer as well (several days) the Thing (a day)


 


Also, Tony Stark recently confessed to underestimate Colossus for just muscles without a brain. He praised his smarts, something I doubt he'd ever do for Thing. Like someone else said, he must be the dumbest pilot ever! lol



                   

                "
Don't need to be a rocket scientist or have Einstein's IQ to be an intelligent fighter. He ain't clobbering Petey with his brain so I don't see your point. "

point is thing would just try to rush Colossus like a fool, meanwhile Piotr would first analyze, see openings and fight with a cool head. Thing is a sluggish fighter while Piotr is a more refined and more efficient with his attacks. Plus, the most important factors is the durability and endurance. Colossus has a clear advantage in both.
Avatar image for ramtha07
#99 Posted by Ramtha07 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@madrid_san: 
1. There is no evidence to suggest the Thing would do anything foolish in a fight with Colossus. Many top tier athletes and prize fighter are brilliant at their sport, yet socially awkward or lacking 'book' smarts. Again, doesn't make Ben a 'foolish' fighter. He has more than proven to be quite the opposite.

2. There is nothing to suggest Ben is any more or less 'sluggish' than Colossus other than your own opinion.

3. There is nothing clear in any of these points. Adamantium, the key constituent in your 'durability' debate, can cut both Ben and Peter. Both have been cut and both have been shown to resist being cut. Writer of the month syndrome. What says Peter has more endurance than Ben? The fact that he doesn't need to breathe? Doesn't mean the Thing has less gas in his tank.

Again, these are all opinions, of which you are entitled, but do not prove Colossus to be a clear winner.


 

Avatar image for thamessenger07
#100 Posted by ThaMessenger07 (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
@lectriccolossus:  He has feats that would appear higher then 750 tons though. Thing has more feats that fall in the 1k + ton range though.

@madrid_san: No offense but it seems like you have never read a FF4 comic or a series following Thing. If there is anything he is calculated in doing it's fighting......Hes just ready to fight at any time and take it to fist over talking...