victory goes to ?

The Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The Trigger

The Thing, he is stronger and more durable, and probably a better fighter.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the creator

I would say that their strength levels are pretty close actually.

Collossus on the other hand is more duarble and harder to hurt.

In stamina, I would say that they are close to even but the Thing is a much more skilled fighter and this would enable him to win.

A tough battle but he would emerge the victor eventually.

_Evo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By _Evo_

They both posses above class 100 strength, but Im gonna have to give this fight to Thing. Colossus only has above class 100 strength when he is in metal form, but he can easily be knocked out of metal form with something as simple as a powerful hit. Thing is constantly in rock form, so all he has to do is knock Colossus out of metal form then he is done.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator

VictorCreed_ says:

"They both posses above class 100 strength, but Im gonna have to give this fight to Thing. Colossus only has above class 100 strength when he is in metal form, but he can easily be knocked out of metal form with something as simple as a powerful hit. Thing is constantly in rock form, so all he has to do is knock Colossus out of metal form then he is done."

Really, Colossus can be knocked out of metal form. I've never seen that.

Can you tell me when that occurred.

Also I don't believe that both break in to the C100 class - in fact I would them both in the 90 - 100 tonne range.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkchild

in stamina i would have to go with Colossus but with who would actually win id have to say the Thing

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I go with Colossus. Someone above said they are equal in stamina, but that's not true since Colossus doesn't tire at all when metal. Thing is a better street fighter and that helps him a lot when fighting other bricks that don't have any skill, but Colossus isn't one of those guys, he knows how to fight. He's also faster and more agile, something that throws off most people that fight him and expect him to be slow like other big guys.
Post Edited:2007-06-29 13:12:26

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The Metal Guy. lol

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Phorqe

Metal beats rock typically. It would be close. A punch in the head from Thing would give Big C a hell of a headache. I think Colossus is faster though and would be able to get off more shots.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Phorqe says:

"Metal beats rock typically."

WRONG! Rock > Scissors

Phorqe says:

"A punch in the head from Thing would give Big C a hell of a headache."

And Colossus hitting Thing wouldn't do the same?

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Mighty Thor

metal

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Phorqe

Buckshot says:

"Phorqe says:
"Metal beats rock typically."

WRONG! Rock > Scissors

Phorqe says:

"A punch in the head from Thing would give Big C a hell of a headache."

And Colossus hitting Thing wouldn't do the same?

"

Um, I spent all week breaking up rocks with Sledgehammers and next week I'm drilling holes in rocks. Your child's game has no relevance. If it did Paper Man could beat the Thing.

Colossus hitting the Thing would hurt the thing, but Colossus' head isn't quite as thick as Thing's. If Thing punched him in the head you'd hear a really big DONG and Colossus' head would be vibrating from the impact. Anyway, thanks for trying to correct me on a subject where we both agree on the outcome. That was productive.

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternus

colossus. but he isnt that fast or agile. faster and more agile than thing yes but not really all that agile or anything. hes huge and his character isnt meant to be fast. just strong as fudge!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternus says:

"colossus. but he isnt that fast or agile. faster and more agile than thing yes but not really all that agile or anything. hes huge and his character isnt meant to be fast. just strong as fudge!"

That's what his enemies think right before he surprises them with his speed. Characters who are pretty quick themselves (people like Wolverine or Psylocke, that level of speed) are often surprised by his speed and reflexes, and not just that he's fast for a big guy, but that he's almost as fast as they are. The same goes for his agility, and to increase it further, he trains in acrobatics with Nightcrawler. The Thing would underestimate him just like you did.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Eternus says:
"colossus. but he isnt that fast or agile. faster and more agile than thing yes but not really all that agile or anything. hes huge and his character isnt meant to be fast. just strong as fudge!"
That's what his enemies think right before he surprises them with his speed. Characters who are pretty quick themselves (people like Wolverine or Psylocke, that level of speed) are often surprised by his speed and reflexes, and not just that he's fast for a big guy, but that he's almost as fast as they are. The same goes for his agility, and to increase it further, he trains in acrobatics with Nightcrawler. The Thing would underestimate him just like you did."

True. Colossus is actually faster in his armored form. Speed un-armored 23mph speed armored 26mph

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternus

well i also havnt read very many comics with him in them. in the ones i ahve read with him in them hes strong and fast. but not as fast you are saying he is.and i never underestimated him.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Forever

Valkaad says:

"True. Colossus is actually faster in his armored form. Speed un-armored 23mph speed armored 26mph "

Wow. 23 mph is awfully fast. Where did you see that?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternus says:

" but not as fast you are saying he is."

I'm not the one saying anything, it's what's in the comics.

Eternus says:

"and i never underestimated him."

Sure looks like you did:

Eternus says:

"he isnt that fast or agile. faster and more agile than thing yes but not really all that agile or anything. hes huge and his character isnt meant to be fast. just strong as fudge!"
Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternus

that doesnt mean i underestimated him i just say he isnt that fast.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20  Edited By The_Martian

Alright well Colossus is stronger and more durable then Thing. But Things advantage is that he is strong enough to do damage and is the better fighter. Thing is not as strong as most muscle bound guys like Colossus and Hulk, so he makesk up the difference in fighting skills. Why it would be a very tough fight I see Thing coming out on top.

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternus

i think colossus is not as strong as thing, but thing isnt as fast. as weve pretty much debated the last like 5 thousdand posts

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shrek

thing would win

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternus

Post Deleted.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Valkaad

Forever says:

"Valkaad says:
"True. Colossus is actually faster in his armored form. Speed un-armored 23mph speed armored 26mph "
Wow. 23 mph is awfully fast. Where did you see that?"

The original Marvel Universe put out in the 80's. They gave a lot more detail of abilites like that. Cap can run 30mph. Black Panther can sprint at speeds up to 35mph and can clear 10 feet in a standing high jump! The new stuff isn't nearly as specific. The old one also tells peoples skin hardness on the Mohs scale(mineral hardness scale) Wondermans skin is a 9 on the mohs scale (diamond is a 10) Luke Cage's is a 6.5 (feldspar is 6).

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Forever

Valkaad says:

"Forever says:
"Valkaad says:
Wow. 23 mph is awfully fast. Where did you see that?"
The original Marvel Universe put out in the 80's. They gave a lot more detail of abilites like that. Cap can run 30mph. Black Panther can sprint at speeds up to 35mph and can clear 10 feet in a standing high jump! The new stuff isn't nearly as specific. The old one also tells peoples skin hardness on the Mohs scale(mineral hardness scale) Wondermans skin is a 9 on the mohs scale (diamond is a 10) Luke Cage's is a 6.5 (feldspar is 6). "

Very interesting. I have some of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universes from 86-87. I have to go back through those some time. They really should put them all online somewhere too. They were a great resource.

Avatar image for spiffy_the_conquorer
Spiffy The Conquorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing isn't made of rocks, it's ridiculously hard scales. I'd just have to go with thing after reading Secret Wars. Plus Thing fought Champion of the Universe and whatnot.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

Buckshot says:

"I go with Colossus. Someone above said they are equal in stamina, but that's not true since Colossus doesn't tire at all when metal. Thing is a better street fighter and that helps him a lot when fighting other bricks that don't have any skill, but Colossus isn't one of those guys, he knows how to fight. He's also faster and more agile, something that throws off most people that fight him and expect him to be slow like other big guys.
Post Edited:2007-06-29 13:12:26"

Yes Colossus does tire when in metal form. He still has to burn energy to power his attacks. He does not have unlimited energy so he has an endurance limit.

All of the official marvel publications (even the newer less defined ones) peg Colossus's endurance at a similar level to the Thing, with maybe Colossus having the edge.

Colossus has skill at fighting - he has been trained by Cyclops and Wolverine - and so he is above basic level, probably proficient level but is far from expert.

The Thing (as Ben Grimm) was trained originally by the Air Force and then spent some time with commamdos - learning hand to hand combat. His has a lot more experience than Colossus.

Exlain to me how this experience would only benefit him against bricks with no combat training ??

Tht's like saying that the experienced boxer's years of ring fighting mean nothing against the newcommer!

That expereince would help him recognise shifts in body motion that telegraph a punch or help to block a blow. That experience also helps him get creative in combat as has been demostrated on many occasions.

As for Colossus being faster in armoured form - of course he is. Why ? Because he has stronger muscles (they are made of steel) and he's taller by a 12 inches.

His reaction time has improved slightly in armoured form above thos of his atheletic human form - but that's it - only slightly.

The Thing has mainatained his above average atheletic human reaction time even in his transformed state.

With all this - the Thing still wins.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I can't tell you where I read about Colossus not tiring, but I seem to remember it being related to the reason he doesn't need to eat, drink or breathe when metal. I think maybe it had to do with him not really being flesh underneath the metal, but I'm not sure. You can throw that out if you don't believe it though because I don't think the battle would rage on long enough for either of them to be too tired to fight. They both fight other big guys and those battles don't usually carry on for days and days so I don't think this would either. I didn't say Thing's training is only useful against the untrained, it's just that he rarely fights trained bricks, so when he fights them, his training helps a lot. Colossus' skill with judo, known primarily for using the opponents size and strength against them, would, I think, be more useful against another big opponent. And just because Thing has more experience doesn't mean Colossus can't also recognise shifts in body motion that telegraph a punch or block a blow. Colossus also has the added bonus of acrobatic training from one of the best, Nightcrawler. He's used this to his advantage against other bricks, jumping off walls and bouncing around them instead going for the normal punch. When unarmored, Colossus is also above average. I'd say even moreso than Ben. Ben Grimm was a normal human, physically above average sure, but still within human range. Colossus was always stronger and more fit than a normal human. He wasn't superhuman, but he was above average. Thing stayed above average (in everything but strength/durability, which skyrocketed) when he turned to rock, but Colossus, who is already above average, increases his physical stats when metal.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"I can't tell you where I read about Colossus not tiring, but I seem to remember it being related to the reason he doesn't need to eat, drink or breathe when metal. I think maybe it had to do with him not really being flesh underneath the metal, but I'm not sure. You can throw that out if you don't believe it though because I don't think the battle would rage on long enough for either of them to be too tired to fight. They both fight other big guys and those battles don't usually carry on for days and days so I don't think this would either. I didn't say Thing's training is *only* useful against the untrained, it's just that he rarely fights trained bricks, so when he fights them, his training helps a lot. Colossus' skill with judo, known primarily for using the opponents size and strength against them, would, I think, be more useful against another big opponent. And just because Thing has more experience doesn't mean Colossus can't also recognise shifts in body motion that telegraph a punch or block a blow. Colossus also has the added bonus of acrobatic training from one of the best, Nightcrawler. He's used this to his advantage against other bricks, jumping off walls and bouncing around them instead going for the normal punch. When unarmored, Colossus is also above average. I'd say even moreso than Ben. Ben Grimm was a normal human, physically above average sure, but still within human range. Colossus was always stronger and more fit than a normal human. He wasn't superhuman, but he was above average. Thing stayed above average (in everything but strength/durability, which skyrocketed) when he turned to rock, but Colossus, who is already above average, increases his physical stats when metal."

Agreed!! as far as endurance in his armored form even when he was in his teens (he has gotten stronger and in better shape since then) He could hold his breath for "15.7 minutes even in spaces hard vacuum". He is much faster than the thing and as far as I know he is now stronger than the thing! I think his armored form has always been more resistant to injury than thing's. Even his eyeball can deflect a .45 caliber bullet.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator

Valkaad says:

"Buckshot says:
"I can't tell you where I read about Colossus not tiring, but I seem to remember it being related to the reason he doesn't need to eat, drink or breathe when metal. I think maybe it had to do with him not really being flesh underneath the metal, but I'm not sure. You can throw that out if you don't believe it though because I don't think the battle would rage on long enough for either of them to be too tired to fight. They both fight other big guys and those battles don't usually carry on for days and days so I don't think this would either. I didn't say Thing's training is *only* useful against the untrained, it's just that he rarely fights trained bricks, so when he fights them, his training helps a lot. Colossus' skill with judo, known primarily for using the opponents size and strength against them, would, I think, be more useful against another big opponent. And just because Thing has more experience doesn't mean Colossus can't also recognise shifts in body motion that telegraph a punch or block a blow. Colossus also has the added bonus of acrobatic training from one of the best, Nightcrawler. He's used this to his advantage against other bricks, jumping off walls and bouncing around them instead going for the normal punch. When unarmored, Colossus is also above average. I'd say even moreso than Ben. Ben Grimm was a normal human, physically above average sure, but still within human range. Colossus was always stronger and more fit than a normal human. He wasn't superhuman, but he was above average. Thing stayed above average (in everything but strength/durability, which skyrocketed) when he turned to rock, but Colossus, who is already above average, increases his physical stats when metal."
Agreed!! as far as endurance in his armored form even when he was in his teens (he has gotten stronger and in better shape since then) He could hold his breath for "15.7 minutes even in spaces hard vacuum". He is much faster than the thing and as far as I know he is now stronger than the thing! I think his armored form has always been more resistant to injury than thing's. Even his eyeball can deflect a .45 caliber bullet. "

Actually if you want to quote one part of the old hanbooks (about his defelcting a bullet) then surely you should also mention the other 'facts' in the description,

'His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form.'

If you are going to quote then don't selectively quote so that the information proves your theory right. All the info may just paint a different picture.

And yes although the old handbooks info was inaccurate (lifting capacity for one) it still provided a clear indication in the minds of the writers and designers of the time about who was stronger than who and by how much i.e. Thor being approx 20 - 25% stronger than the Thing.

Tell me when you last Colossus using a lot of judo moves ? Us, the readers, being told that Colossus has learnt Judo means squat if he does not use this ability. Tell me when he last used a lot of acrobatics ?

Having the skill and applying it are 2 different things.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The_Creator says:

"Actually if you want to quote one part of the old hanbooks (about his defelcting a bullet) then surely you should also mention the other 'facts' in the description, 'His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form.' If you are going to quote then don't selectively quote so that the information proves your theory right. All the info may just paint a different picture. And yes although the old handbooks info was inaccurate (lifting capacity for one) it still provided a clear indication in the minds of the writers and designers of the time about who was stronger than who and by how much i.e. Thor being approx 20 - 25% stronger than the Thing. Tell me when you last Colossus using a lot of judo moves ? Us, the readers, being told that Colossus has learnt Judo means squat if he does not use this ability. Tell me when he last used a lot of acrobatics ? Having the skill and applying it are 2 different things. "

I didn't quote anything, I just said what I remembered. I didn't try to pass it off as fact, I even said I wasn't sure. And what are you saying is wrong? That he doesn't need to breathe? In the sentence you quoted it said "minimal or nonexistant." I said that him not tiring may have been connected to that. I quoted nothing and didn't try to say anything I wrote was fact. I also said that his stamina didn't really matter since they wouldn't be fighting for days on end. I have seen Colossus use judo. Not recently, but I haven't seen Thing use actual fighting techniques recently either. Last time I recall major acrobatics was, again, a while ago. He was fighting some giant brown guy and I remember him jumping over him, bouncing of walls, and talking aout how the guy wouldn't expect him to use acrobatics, or something like that. Tt's the last time I remember. These are skills he has and uses when necessary, it's just that they usually aren't necessary because his strength will suffice.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator

Buckshot says:

"The_Creator says:
"Actually if you want to quote one part of the old hanbooks (about his defelcting a bullet) then surely you should also mention the other 'facts' in the description, 'His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form.' If you are going to quote then don't selectively quote so that the information proves your theory right. All the info may just paint a different picture. And yes although the old handbooks info was inaccurate (lifting capacity for one) it still provided a clear indication in the minds of the writers and designers of the time about who was stronger than who and by how much i.e. Thor being approx 20 - 25% stronger than the Thing. Tell me when you last Colossus using a lot of judo moves ? Us, the readers, being told that Colossus has learnt Judo means squat if he does not use this ability. Tell me when he last used a lot of acrobatics ? Having the skill and applying it are 2 different things. "
I didn't quote anything, I just said what I remembered. I didn't try to pass it off as fact, I even said I wasn't sure. And what are you saying is wrong? That he doesn't need to breathe? In the sentence you quoted it said "minimal or nonexistant." I said that him not tiring *may* have been connected to that. I quoted nothing and didn't try to say anything I wrote was fact. I also said that his stamina didn't really matter since they wouldn't be fighting for days on end. I *have* seen Colossus use judo. Not recently, but I haven't seen Thing use actual fighting techniques recently either. Last time I recall major acrobatics was, again, a while ago. He was fighting some giant brown guy and I remember him jumping over him, bouncing of walls, and talking aout how the guy wouldn't expect him to use acrobatics, or something like that. Tt's the last time I remember. These are skills he has and uses when necessary, it's just that they usually aren't necessary because his strength will suffice."

Buckshot, apologies for that but most of my rant was directed towards Valkaad.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

My mistake. You quoted him but he quoted me so I thought you were talking to both of us.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the creator

Buckshot says:

"My mistake. You quoted him but he quoted me so I thought you were talking to both of us."

No. He like me tends to do a lot of referring to older handbooks.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock
BUMPS!
Winduizcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Winduizcool

I'm going to have to go with Colosuss. Colosuss I believe has better training ( as in the danger room and weights) in terms of fighting skills. Thing I think only has weights. Nothng like the danger room in the xavier Institute. I agree Thing is stronger but I'm going to with Colosuss. Close fight though.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing wins!!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By the creator
@Thanos1992 said:

"since when is the thing a good fighter "

He has military combat training, first through the Airforce and then serving with commandos (for a brief period of time). 
marvel have routinely ranked him as a very skilled hand to hand fighter, making comments like "He has had a great deal of experience at hand-to-hand combat, and was a formidable opponent in physical combat even before becoming the Thing.". 
This skill is one reason why he has successfully held his own against stronger opponents over the years. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By Erik
@the creator said:
" @Thanos1992 said:

"since when is the thing a good fighter "

He has military combat training, first through the Airforce and then serving with commandos (for a brief period of time). marvel have routinely ranked him as a very skilled hand to hand fighter, making comments like "He has had a great deal of experience at hand-to-hand combat, and was a formidable opponent in physical combat even before becoming the Thing.". This skill is one reason why he has successfully held his own against stronger opponents over the years.  "
Ah this is true. But do not forget that Colossus is a trained hand-to-hand combatant as well. He can easily dispatch a room full of goons without his armored form pretty quickly without getting hit once, having no weapons on him while they were armed with various objects. I am not saying he wins, I have not decided yet as I have not thoroughly weighed the variables. I am just saying that Colossus is very skilled hand-to-hand fighter as well. 
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By yodagod

I think Colossus is the superior h2h combatant.  Add in greater (slightly) strength and greater durability and Piotr should win.  He's also smarter than Thing.  And while Thing mat be older, Piotr has as much if not greater experience.   
Colossus wins 7-8/10 IMO.
Darren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Darren
If Thing can hang with The Hulk time and time again, more often than not fighting to a draw.
 I have to think that he can take anything that Colossus can bring.
jlavengerx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jlavengerx77

DRAW
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the hell told you guys that Thing is stronger than Colossus? He can lift 80 tons, while Colossus' limit is uknown, but it's above 100 tons. He is much more durable than him too, the reason is that Wolverine easily pierced through Ben's skin, while he can with great efforts barely scratch Colossus. He is not a better fighter either, he through punches randomly, while Colossus is using brains, strategy and determination. He was trained by Wolverine himself in hand-to-hand combat, and he also uses a sword perfectly. He also trains in the danger room all the time, while Ben just watches football and eats junkfood. Those are the reasons why Colossus would beat The Thing.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Colossus can hang with Juggernaut all the time and did fairly well against Savage Hulk when he was just a teenager and kept fearlessly fighting Green Scar when he broke his arms, Ben's got nothing on Peter.

Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Goenitz

Thing close and in a decent battle

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By the darknessss

wwhulk bent colossus's fingers right? wwhulk beat ben to a pulp? hmmmmmm,sorry cant decide,the one who wins gets a lucky break.
blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blacktom212

colossus more stronger and mroe durable, but the thing is a better fighter, though colossus is no pushover. to me colossus take this, the thing may have slight advantage in figthing skill but colossus is great fighter himself. back in the days he went toe to toe with gladiator, obviously gladiator win, but colossus hold his own pretty god. and since that colossus has increase his strength. both got heart, both are strong. but tome colossus take this.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Matezoide2
@Gremlin From Kremlin: 
Thing has been class 100 for years

Thing wins,even if Colossus is stronger and more durable (havent seen a single evidence to support this) the difference wouldnt be big enough to be important,Thing is a better fighter and is much more determined than Colossus
Also,Wolverine never seriously tried to injure Colossus with his claws,unlike Thing (because Wolverine TRIED to KILL Ben)
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By xmenfallen

i dont know if wikipedia is that of a reliable source but i read this part 

Powers and abilities

Colossus is a mutant that has the ability to transform his entire body into a form of 'organic steel', with properties analogous to osmium but of still unknown composition. Colossus cannot transform a portion of his body into this armored state; he must either transform completely or remain within his normal state. When he transforms, he gains around a foot in height and his weight is at least doubled. In his armored form, Colossus possesses superhuman levels of strength, which currently exceeds that of The Thing, as well as superhuman stamina and durability. Also, in his metal form, he is immune to telepathy and all kinds of psionic attacks. His physical strength is currently greater than when he first joined the X-Men due to the realignment of his cells by Magneto due to injury during the Mutant Massacre. While in his armored form, Colossus requires no food, water, or even oxygen to sustain himself, and is extremely resistant to injury. He is capable of withstanding great impacts, large caliber bullets, falling from tremendous heights, temperature extremes of hot and cold, electricity, and certain magical attacks. It has been shown that he is vulnerable to the anti-metal vibranium in his metal form, his body instinctively shifting to human form when faced with a vibranium weapon.

Colossus is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, having received training from Wolverine and Cyclops. He has had training in acrobatics and sword fighting from Nightcrawler. In his human form, he is exceptionally strong and fit, though not superhumanly so. He has completed college-level courses at Xavier's school.

so if wikipedia is that accurate i think colossus would win
blds_bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By blds_bane

Colossus for the win and wikipedia has made many mistakes