Namor

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Morals off
  • Fight to KO
  • No battlefield removal
  • Random encounter
  • In-character
  • Fight takes place in an empty city (50 meters apart)
Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
#2 Posted by theawesomeflashSanDiego32 (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus

#3 Posted by Juiceboks (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor in a good fight.

#4 Edited by ginman333 (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus. Not in a stomp, but with marginal difficulty. I feel he has the strength and durability advantage. Namor is probably a bit faster and a better fighter, plus he can fly, but ultimately in a brick fight Ill side with the bigger brick.

#5 Posted by comic_book_fan (7946 posts) - - Show Bio

namor

#6 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1697 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Rockette (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

@ginman333 said:

Colossus. Not in a stomp, but with marginal difficulty. I feel he has the strength and durability advantage. Namor is probably a bit faster and a better fighter, plus he can fly, but ultimately in a brick fight Ill side with the bigger brick.

Namor IS the bigger brick.

Waaay higher strength feats than a base Colossus (non-Colossunaut).

Namor has beaten Hulk, stalemated Hercules like 3 times, Soloed the F4 more than once, 1-shotted Sebastion Shaw, and broken the Crimson Bands of Cytorakk.

When has Colossus done any of those things, or even close to it?

#8 Edited by Grayhold (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor stomps.

Colossus is just 90-tonner. Narmor goes toe-to-toe and can hold his own against the likes of Hyperion.

#9 Posted by Juiceboks (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: Namor is stronger and more durable by feats, he's also faster.

#10 Posted by ginman333 (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

He was giving WWH a pretty good battle. You know, until his arms were broken, ha ha. I believe in that fight Hulk said colossus is normally his equal. Otherwise, hes cracked juggernaut's helmet, hes smashed nimrod, he gave gladiator a pretty good fight, I believe he beat binary. All pretty impressive feats.

@rockette said:
@ginman333 said:

Namor has beaten Hulk, stalemated Hercules like 3 times, Soloed the F4 more than once, 1-shotted Sebastion Shaw, and broken the Crimson Bands of Cytorakk.

#11 Posted by LordWhiskers (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

#12 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1697 posts) - - Show Bio

@ginman333: I'm not sure what happened in those other feats, but Colossus has never been a challenge for Hulk and I don't recall Hulk saying that.

I see.

#13 Posted by Juiceboks (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

He was giving WWH a pretty good battle. You know, until his arms were broken, ha ha. I believe in that fight Hulk said colossus is normally his equal. Otherwise, hes cracked juggernaut's helmet, hes smashed nimrod, he gave gladiator a pretty good fight, I believe he beat binary. All pretty impressive feats.

@rockette said:
@ginman333 said:

He said word for word that at one point he might have made for a decent opponent.

#14 Edited by Juiceboks (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: Kinda hard to judge them on anything else, since Piotr hasn't had very many extended fights against other bricks in their tier for the most part. Colossus has never fought the Thing, never fought Iron Man in a 1v1 altercation, never fought Savage Hulk aside from the one time he was weakened and never fought Wonder Man IIRC. The only bricks he regularly fights are Sebastian Shaw and Juggernaut, and he's never come close to doing any real damage to Cain.

#15 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1697 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: Kinda hard to judge them on anything else, since Piotr hasn't had very many extended fights against other bricks in their tier for the most part. Colossus has never fought the Thing, never fought Iron Man in a 1v1 altercation, never fought Savage Hulk aside from the one time he was weakened and never fought Wonder Man IIRC. The only bricks he regularly fights are Sebastian Shaw and Juggernaut, and he's never come close to doing any real damage to Cain.

Yeah, that is quite true. Would be nice if Marvel makes him encounter some of the brick villains the Avengers usually face as the X-Men don't have too many of those.

#16 Posted by Rockette (2246 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anyone remember these beauties (showing mostly for nostalgia purposes)?

Even cards from over 20 years ago show Namor edges out Colossus, especially in intelligence, agility, and speed.

That combined with the fact that Namor IS stronger (power level 6 is pretty broad, imo), Colossus is just outta his league.

Enjoy the memories guys!

Acolytes..

I'm so old.

:)

#17 Posted by ginman333 (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

See the note from Juicebooks below - hulk did say something to that effect in the WWH story. Im sure I can find a scan if needed, but the guy below confirmed.

@ginman333: I'm not sure what happened in those other feats, but Colossus has never been a challenge for Hulk and I don't recall Hulk saying that.

@juiceboks said:

I see.

#18 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1697 posts) - - Show Bio

@ginman333: I guess you're right, but then again, I don't really agree with it. Colossus has been beaten down easily by characters on Hulk's level like Thor.

#19 Posted by ginman333 (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have binders full of the cards. lol. Loved those things. Wish I kept them.

Anywho - Im guessing those cards also suggest potential power. Namor does get weaker when hes not in water. Accordingly, I would offer up that those stats suggest him either in water or having just taken a bath. lol.

@rockette said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even cards from over 20 years ago show Namor edges out Colossus, especially in intelligence, agility, and speed.

That combined with the fact that Namor IS stronger (power level 6 is pretty broad, imo), Colossus is just outta his league.

Enjoy the memories guys!

Acolytes..

I'm so old.

#20 Posted by ginman333 (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, point taken. His battle with WWH is def one of his better showings. He did manage to hold his own for a surprising amount of time, especially given how easily WWH was able to stomp people.

Of course you are right though - it is only one showing. And I mean, the dude did get his arms broken in the end. lol. Still, it is a showing I cant help but consider in debates involving colossus.

@ginman333: I guess you're right, but then again, I don't really agree with it. Colossus has been beaten down easily by characters on Hulk's level like Thor.

#21 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1697 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, point taken. His battle with WWH is def one of his better showings. He did manage to hold his own for a surprising amount of time, especially given how easily WWH was able to stomp people.

Of course you are right though - it is only one showing. And I mean, the dude did get his arms broken in the end. lol. Still, it is a showing I cant help but consider in debates involving colossus.

@newworldorder said:

Yeah, Colossus doesn't have much to pull from when debating higher showings with that of other characters. It can't be helped calling upon those showings, lol.

#22 Posted by Rockette (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have binders full of the cards. lol. Loved those things. Wish I kept them.

Anywho - Im guessing those cards also suggest potential power. Namor does get weaker when hes not in water. Accordingly, I would offer up that those stats suggest him either in water or having just taken a bath. lol.

@rockette said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Enjoy the memories guys!

Acolytes..

I'm so old.

These are standard power levels.

Not sure how OFFICIAL they are, but they seem to be fairly close.

Honestly, in his element (water, imo) Namor is actually a Class 7, over 100 tons to Incalculable.

Namor has the feats to back that statement as well.

He's lifted & thrown things that easily weigh 1,000+ tons.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (40991 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor has pretty much every advantage except maybe a consistent durability advantage. With that said, Colossus has been a class 100+ for awhile. He's no pushover himself but Namor's strength and speed are higher which can easily make up for a very debatable durability gap.

#24 Posted by Rockette (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

I concur.

Side question for ya - Beast stated somewhere once that Colossus maxes out at 115 tons. Sound like that's accurate?

Can't remember for the life of me where I read that. It was in a comic...

#25 Posted by killraven4334 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is superior, Colossus occasionally gets amps that put him above, but really colossus is a pure brick and not a very strong one at that. His durability is also questionable despite his appearance. Namor should win rather easily, despite his death, he was given a really good showing against the squadron supreme, those feats alone surpass all but the most amped colosonaught

#26 Posted by Rusti (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor. But if this turns into a fist fight Colossus would most likely take Namor down

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
#27 Edited by JohnPeterBanana (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

#28 Posted by Bones309 (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor. I don't see an edge for Colossus but I see Namor having a few. Flight, speed, experience, etc.

No Caption Provided

#29 Posted by comic_book_fan (7946 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: namor has him beat in every area except for durability

#30 Posted by Battle123axe (3453 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by God_Spawn (40991 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: Nope. Colossus should be well beyond that. This is still a dude that has held up a collapsing hospital while a mountainside avalanched on it back in his weaker days.

#32 Posted by adamTRMM (5369 posts) - - Show Bio

I think during Decimation era when both Namor and Piotr were in the same camp, they treated Namor as he was the more powerful one.

#33 Posted by Noone1996 (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins handily.

#34 Posted by TVC-15 (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

Decent fight.

#35 Edited by Nima_ (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

#36 Posted by KrleAvenger (20884 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins.