COC Tourney Round 1: The Infinity Crusade vs The Power Cosmic Voting Closed. Infinity Crusade Wins!

• 166 results
XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kevd4wg: In post #89:

anyway show TP affecting an andriod.

I don't have proof he can, although that doesn't mean he can overwhelm your TP, if you try to communicate with Bellcross telepathically.As I showed earlier, even Dr. Strnage struggles to block Loki's TP attacks.

Basically, he was arguing that he could defend from Amazo at the very least.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: “he can overwhelm your tp” sounds like offensive tp to me and saying that tp can’t affect an Android, who uses TP, is kinda dumb

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

I said he can overwhelm his TP meaning Amazo would be unable to shield Bellcross or himself from it.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@xlr87t3: “he can overwhelm your tp” sounds like offensive tp to me and saying that tp can’t affect an Android, who uses TP, is kinda dumb

Amazo doesn't have a brain or a nervous system, so the telepathy is onesided. Just like Ultron, who can tp people but they can't tp back.

@xlr87t3:

I said he can overwhelm his TP meaning Amazo would be unable to shield Bellcross or himself from it.

Oh, so you were actually half wrong then. How's Amazo gonna be shielded from something he isn't effected by? It's like asking if Casper the Friendly Ghost should wear a bulletproof vest.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll try a make a vote in next 2 days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: And more Amazo wanking lol, so Amazo can automatically shield anyone from TP because he's an android. Even Vision has been affected by TP( I'll pull up scans if you want). Also Mantis was able to temporarily TP Ultron back during Annihilation Conquest. What are you reading man? Telepathy is not a onesided game.

Anyways, debating is done I don't wanna end up like Streak.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: why are you arguing points your team didn’t even make in their posts it’s irrelevant noe

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

And more Amazo wanking lol, so Amazo can automatically shield anyone from TP because he's an android. Even Vision has been affected by TP( I'll pull up scans if you want). Also Mantis was able to temporarily TP Ultron back during Annihilation Conquest. What are you reading man? Telepathy is not a onesided game.

Anyways, debating is done I don't wanna end up like Streak.

It's been said that Vision is close enough to human anatomy to be affected by telepathy, and I'm pretty sure @darthjhawk long since debunked that Mantis instance. Unless you are going to start a new era on ComicVine where people like MM & Despero can actually effect Ultron (instead of losing in every thread against Ultron because of that inherent immunity), TP is definitely onesided for machines 99% of the time. But yeah, let's not turn this into Streak's attacks on voters lol

@kevd4wg said:

@xlr87t3: why are you arguing points your team didn’t even make in their posts it’s irrelevant noe

Maybe you're right. Sorry if I wasted your time, I'll try to be more respectful

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By TheKinfing

Is this still going?

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: Sorry man , will give it any time today.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That was, weak

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sorry for the late vote everyone, but I have to agree with @kevd4wg when he says this debate was pretty weak (no offense to you guys).

First of all, I want to talk about the Loki/Hal team. I felt like leaving @all-father out of the last post was a horrendous strategy (IDK whether it was planned or whether AF just didn't have time) that had no benefit for anyone except the other team. Secondly, I've got to say that a couple of the arguments KOL made weren't great (like the argument to counter intangibility), and overall your team focused way too much on character and perk nitpicks, which reflected badly since GS clearly countered those (some were literally in the OP). I still don't understand why you even thought teleporting a character in front of a beam was against the rules. However, I did think that you guys made a lot better use of scans/evidence than the other team, and didn't do as much low-balling. I'm not sure if, as one of the previous voters said, one of the scans provided was incorrect/misleading or not, so I won't use that in my vote. I also do wish you guys made better use of your prep time, as a few others mentioned.

Now, for the Bellcross/Amazo team. I thought your arguments were, for the most part, actually better than the other team's - logically. However, you guys resorted to so much lowballing and were really bad at using scans/gifs and providing evidence. I think both of gear's last 2 posts had literally zero gifs/evidence in them for his own character. KOL/AF shouldn't need to ask for evidence before you provide evidence for your claims. You guys also low-balled Loki really bad in your last post. And IDK whether Amazo is or isn't above the limits for this tournament, but if he was and you clearly knew JLU Amazo >>> Comics Amazo (even if that's your opinion and not one which others share) then I think it's unfair to choose him as your character.

Overall though, I'm going to have to vote for the latter team since I felt like they at least did counter everything to some extent, even if they low-balled and made claims without evidence. With the former team, I thought some aspects were left uncountered (skipping one of AF's posts didn't help with that) and I can't really say they could win in that case.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#169  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator
Avatar image for fernandeztimothygian
fernandeztimothygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry guys but this.

That was, weak

Also, if I am allowed to vote. I will vote for team Loki. Team Amazo lowballed harder while highballing themselves.

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting Power Cosmic. Counters were bettet, and they boasted an overwhelming advantage in most areas of the battle as per their posts.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving it too Team Loki and Hal, I feel like there was a slight lack of TP defence feats from Hal however I still give the duo who represented Loki and Hal due to them showing that Hal can tank the damage and with there prep actually get around the TP.

Also what’s happening the 2 load of characters.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 darthjhawk  Moderator
darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 darthjhawk  Moderator

@darthjhawk: is the tourney dead?

No this match is finished, Gods & Monsters vs Fear the Facists is their next round of counters. Your match might be the the only stagnant one.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also what’s happening the 2 load of characters.

What?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: The other characters in the title is that a later matchup?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: if you read the OP, sone of our characters are cut off for the sake of an interesting debate. If it was all out, our team would annihilate the tourney

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers