• 166 results
#1 Edited by Darthjhawk (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

The Infinity Crusade:

No Caption Provided
  1. Team Leader: @darthjhawk(High Evolutionary)
  2. @_kingoflatveria(Loki)
  3. @all-father(Hal Jordan)
  4. @thekinfing(Superman)

Perks:

• One Week of Prep (15)
  • Perfect Teamwork (5)

No Caption Provided

The Power Cosmic:

No Caption Provided
  1. Team Leader: @gearsecond659 - Composite Bellcross
  2. @kanyecosby - Composite Doomsday
  3. @xlr87t3- Scarlet Witch
  4. @vsw - JLU Amazo

Perks:

• 1 Hour of Prep (1)
  • Batman Martial Arts (Belcross) (1)
  • Deadpool's Healing Factor (Scarlet Witch) (7)
  • Morals Off (7)
  • 4 Senzu Beans (Belcross) (4)

Tourney Rules:

• Characters can range from low high tiers (like Iron Man lvl) to high herald lvl, as it is a tourney of that lvl. However you can pick characters of a lower tier if its because of their prep or something
  • Summons are limited to 20, the Thing level
  • Clones are limited to 5
  • No BFR
  • Marvel is 616 unless otherwise stated
  • DC is Composite Post Crisis/N52/Rebirth, unless otherwise stated
  • Wildstorm characters have access to feats from DC
  • Win by death, KO or incap
  • Standard gear
  • No time manip
  • No luck manip
  • No reality manip/wraping
  • No speed steal
  • Manga characters have composite anime and manga feats. No game, movies or databooks.
  • Star Wars is Canon/EU

United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Perk Gem): Two members participating

The rules are simple. Two members from each team are captured at random. To free them and win the round the remaining members from both teams engage in a 2v2. The remaining members have full access to the perks and gear left behind by the captured members. Not very complicated at all.

No Caption Provided

• Planet is indestructible
  • Area is unpopulated
  • Winning team gets gem and five perk points.
  • This is the site I'm using: http://numbergenerator.org/pick2randomnumbers#!numbers=2&low=1&high=4&unique=true&start=true

Will produce numbers in a moment.

#2 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like a lot of fun

#3 Posted by TheKinfing (10922 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets go boys! When it will be announced which members were captured?

#4 Posted by Darthjhawk (4725 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Sounds good. So what is the order of who goes first and second etc., etc.

#6 Posted by Darthjhawk (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Sounds good. So what is the order of who goes first and second etc., etc.

Up to you four. You all can decide who goes first, second, third, fourth.

#7 Edited by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by vsw (2341 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by XLR87T3 (8484 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk:

The remaining members have full access to the perks and gear left behind by the captured members. Not very complicated at all.

So that means that VSW and Gearsecond get my perks?

#10 Posted by Darthjhawk (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Yes bit only one of them since it’s a character perk

#11 Posted by APEX_pretador (18634 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to DOOM?

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#12 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by APEX_pretador (18634 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw said:
@gearsecond659 said:

@all-father@_kingoflatveria@vsw What do you want the order of this debate to be?

I'd prefer to go second, (example : gear, me , then king/or all father) what do u guys think?

I was thinking it could be KoL, Vsw, allfather, then me.

#17 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by vsw (2341 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about your team outside of what I'm seeing on respect threads so I won't come to any conclusions yet. Instead, I'll just give a rundown.

Loki Laufeyson, The God of Stories

No Caption Provided

Such bluster. How very typical. Ever the sheltered son. So many fractured delusions. You know nothing of war. For all these countless millennia, when it comes to the two of us - you seem to have avoided the simplest of conclusions. Instead, you feel the incessant need to avenge every wrong you perceive from your position of languid morality...as if it were some sort of game. Quite sad. But if it's a war you truly desire, then Loki can happily provide.

Quick Stats

Speed

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #4

In Loki & Silver Surfer's clash, Loki shows both FTL combat speed and travel speed being able to keep pace with the Silver Surfer trying to fly away and shoots him with an energy blast when he tries to escape as well as catch him mid-flight. Silver Surfer in travel speed has always been FTL & at times can go MFTL casually.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Journey into Mystery Vol. 1 #88/Avengers Vol. 1 #1

Loki is a casual Mjolnir timer he can even cast his spells before the hammer touches him at near point blank

And Loki has a clear-cut FTL reaction feat in Avengers Vol. 1 #1 where he bends Radio Waves before they reach their destination and redirects them to the location of Donald Blake. A quick google will tell you radio waves travel at light speed.

No Caption Provided

in combat, Loki can dance around swings from a pissed off Thor while laughing

Thor: First Thunder #2

Durrabillity

Thor Vol. 1 #432

Thor rails Loki in the chin and Loki is barely harmed

Tanks repeated attacks from The Silver Surfer both physical and energy based and thinks he needs to goad him further

Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #4
Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #4

Loki is hit by Surtur with the Twilight Sword and seen fully recovered in a few pages later

Thor Vol. 1 #353

HAX!!!

Draining Resistance:

First things first from what I remember of the JLU cartoon Amazo never drained anyone as powerful as Loki or Hal

but just in case the trick it'll still be a dud against Loki, more powerful drainers like Rogue have failed to drain the Lord of Lies

X-Men/Alpha Flight Vol. 1 #2
X-Men/Alpha Flight Vol. 1 #2

Firepower

Loki's firepower is extremely impressive for a sorcerer. It's expected from Asgard's greatest sorcerer.

His close-range blasts can oneshot beings as durable as Beta Ray Bill. (Thor Vol. 2 #441)

No Caption Provided

His sorcery can even hurt Skyfather Surtur (Thor Vol. 2 #353)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Telepathy

Loki's telepathy is easily some of the strongest in Marvel he can even briefly clash with Odin on the Astral Plane(Thor Vol. 1 #455)

No Caption Provided

while Loki may have lost the duel it's still a rather impressive feat considering Odin stalemated Galactus in a Telepathy Battle in The Mighty Thor Vol. 5 #4

No Caption Provided

Here's another instance of him using Telepathy offensively using it to drive Reed Richards crazy

Thor: First Thunder #5
Thor: First Thunder #5

and in this instance he used his telepathy to drive Skyfather Bor, Odin's Dad, insane to that he could fight OdinForce Thor(Thor Vol. 1 #600)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

his psychic blasts were so powerful it took The Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange, everything he had to redirect one. (Journey Into Mystery Vol. 1 #108

No Caption Provided

Misdirection

Without proper mystic defenses or the perfect teamwork perk or no friendly fire perk, your team is in deep trouble.

Loki can misdirect your team into shooting at each other like he did with Avengers(Loki: Agent of Asgard #1)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loki can also just steal your voice and without telepathy or a mind, link perk your team is gonna be completely in chaos. (Silver Surfer Vol. 1 #4)

No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: I think its better we post in groups @all-father is almost done his post plus its more organized that way as well

#23 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: Wait, by groups do you mean the order is KoL then allfather then vsw then me or do you mean like literal group post?

#26 Posted by vsw (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: I won't be able to get mine up till tommorow earliest tho

#27 Posted by APEX_pretador (18634 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: Wait, by groups do you mean the order is KoL then allfather then vsw then me or do you mean like literal group post?

I mean me, all father, vsw, you.

Formatting is a lot better in that fashion

#29 Edited by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by vsw (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: that's fine with me as I won't get it up till tommorow

#31 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: Do you mind if I go before you then?

#32 Posted by APEX_pretador (18634 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: curious for what? I have stayed with the same character since beginning

#33 Posted by vsw (2341 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#43 Edited by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Bio

From The DC Comics Encyclopedia 2004 :

No Caption Provided

Powers and Abilities

Due to his lantern ring, Hal Jordan is granted several abilities

• Super Strength
  • Super Speed
  • Super Durability
  • Flight
  • Green Lantern Constructs

Will Power

In terms of of will power, Hal is superior to most if not all Green Lanterns.

To showcase just how high it is, there is the instance where he forged his own power ring using his own will power. Creating a GL power ring is something that only guardians of the universe are said to be capable of.

Hal Jordan and The Green lantern Corps Rebirth

In another instance that shows just how insane Hals will power is, he literally became raw will power and destroyed the war world. An impressive planet busting feat as well

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps #7

Energy Blasts

For instance, in Justice League Of America Vol. 2 #23, he blasted straight through the actual Amazo.

No Caption Provided

In Green Lantern Vol. 4 #13, Hal blasted Cyborg Superman with a blast that is hot as the sun then blasted through him.

In Green Lantern Vol. 4 #67 , he blasted straight through Krona and took him down. It should be noted that Krona was amped by all emotional spectrum entities and was casually slapping around guardians. Meaning he was amped by Ion, the embodiment of will power and Parallax who is the embodiment of fear

Constructs/Strength

A Green Lanterns constructs can be used for both restraining and offensive purposes. They pack one hell of a punch and can restrain beings of high power depending on their users will power.

In Green Lantern Vol. 4 #55 he was able to restrain Lobo, a guy who can go toe to toe with Superman.

In another instance in JLA : Year one #10 Hal was holding all the continents together. To make it more simple, he was basically holding the entire planet

Those were restraining constructs, onto the offensive uses of them.

In Hal Jordan and The Green lantern Corps #40, Hal takes down General Zod. To make it more clear, they were fighting on a planet in a solar system that has two yellow suns. Taking down a Kryptonian under one yellow sun is highly impressive feat, taking down a Kryptonian under two yellow suns is something else.

Hal Jordan vs General Zod

In Green Lantern Vol 4 #7 , his arrow constructs managed to pierce and restrain Mongul (Another Superman level being).

Durability

Hal is very, very durable as well.

In Infinite Crisis #7 Hal took a direct hit from Superboy Prime and stayed conscious

No Caption Provided

In Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps #20, he withstood a planetary level attack from Mogo who in turn was also amped by a few hundred other GL Rings

In Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps #20, he tanked multiple attacks from Sinestro. Now this wasn't just Sinestro at his base power levels, he had earlier removed all safe guards from his ring, was amped by the fear engine and over all that was amped by the Parallax entity.

Speed

In Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Special Hal managed to tag and restrain Zoom, who was blitzing both Superman and Wonder Woman

In Green Lantern Vol 4 #60 he managed to tag a Parallax possessed Barry Allen

Initial thoughts

Now due to my none existing knowledge about bellcross i am not going to comment on him. However, i fail to see how JLU Amazo even stands a chance against Hal. Hell, you could add the JL wit him and he would still lose. Hal is astronomically stronger, faster and durable .

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#44 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by vsw (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: Mine and Gears reply will be up tommorow latest

#46 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw said:

Mine and Gears reply will be up tommorow latest

cool

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#47 Posted by blackspidey2099 (5721 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#48 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

BELCROSS: THE NODOS OF EXISTENCE

No Caption Provided

THEME

Loading Video...

BACKGROUND

Since a lot of people don't know who Belcross is, I will enlighten you as to Belcross' history and past.

A long time ago in a distant galaxy, the universe was created and ruled by a powerful race of beings known as the Golden Tribe. After a millennium, The Golden Tribe went on to create another universe. But before they left, they passed on their knowledge to several alien races they had created, including the Bronze Tribe, the Silver Tribe, and the Heroic Tribe. With this newfound knowledge combined with their great power, the Heroic Tribe wreaked havoc on the universe and was punished by the Golden Tribe. As punishment, the Heroic Tribe were forced to help other tribes as Nodos, the essence of a Heroic Tribe member stored in a stone and given to a member of another race. A few centuries later, humanity would later arise and answer the call of the Golden Tribe. However, because of this, the Silver and Bronze Tribe targeted humanity, seeking to destroy them. However, it just so happens that Belcross was a member of the Heroic Tribe, who was transformed into a Nodos, and given to the young human, Age. With this power, Age defended humanity against enemy Nodos and with the aid of Belcross, Age became humanity's savior.

*Note: I will only be representing Belcross, not Age*

TARGET AND PERKS

PERKS

• 1 Hour of Prep (1)
  • Batman Martial Arts (Belcross) (1)
  • Deadpool's Healing Factor (Belcross) (7)
  • Morals Off (7)
  • 4 Senzu Beans (Belcross) (4)

These are all of the perks that Belcross has at his disposal. This is just for reference purposes only. I will elaborate on these perks throughout my post.

TARGET

Now, with 1 hour of preparation, that should be more than enough time for my partner, Amazo, to be able to come up with a plan to take out the enemy team, especially considering his vast intelligence and knowledge. One thing that Amazo would include in this plans is who Belcross would target. Seeing as how Belcross has no TP immunity or any immunity to mind control and magic, Amazo would likely assign Belcross to a more straightforward opponent considering Belcross' brawler type personality. Thus, Belcross' target is Green Lantern, and to be honest, I don't thin Green Lantern can really hang with Belcross, as I will prove in this post.

STRENGTH

Now, when it comes to raw striking strength, I believe that Belcross has Green Lantern beat, and given Green Lantern's durability feats, I don't see him tanking too many blows from Belcross

First off, the shockwave of Belcross' punch is enough to kill millions of mech sized aliens.

No Caption Provided

Belcross has CASUALLY punched out black holes.

No Caption Provided

And yes, those were black holes as confirmed by a system A.I.

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, Belcross, with the shockwave of his punch, moved a moon sized satellite out of orbit.

No Caption Provided

Now let's get into some planet level feats, shall we. Well for starters, Belcross destroyed a small planet sized star ship with one punch.

No Caption Provided

But, most impressive of all was when Belcross one shotted Yuty La, incinerating him.

No Caption Provided

This is impressive because a FAR LESS POWERFUL version of Yuty La NO SOLD a PLANET LEVEL attack in the main canon.

*For convenience sake I posted gifs before and after the blast of the main canon as the main canon took several minutes to charge*

Thus, one strike from Belcross is easily planet level, and while Green Lantern has tanked planetary attacks before, I doubt he can tank multiple planetary strikes from Belcross, especially when you factor in Belcross' combat speed.

SPEED

Now, contrary to how he may appear, Belcross is actually very fast, clocking in at MFTL + speeds.

Now, base Belcross was capable of crossing a multitude of star systems to finally reach his allies. Note, his allies traveled at MFTL speeds across several star systems to get to their home planet, and Belcross, from a much longer distance away, arrived a seconds later than they did (Episode: Reunion).

Here is a GIF of Belcross arriving a few seconds after his friends arrived at their planet

No Caption Provided

And before you say that is travel speed only, Belcross uses his travel speed in mid combat by charging at his opponent at high speeds.

Here he is charging through several moon sized star ships

No Caption Provided

Now, since this is composite Belcross, I can also pull from his much more powerful Frenzy mode. His most notable feat in this form is fighting in subspace. Yes, friggin subspace. Now, for the uninitiated, subspace is a space-time continuum where things move way faster than the speed of light. In the show, people who move in subspace can cross entire galaxies instantaneously. Belcross was able to fight and move in subspace, putting his combat speed at MFTL +. This also puts his reaction speed at MFTL + as his opponent was able to move in subspace too, and Belcross was reacting to his opponent's attacks.

I believe this far surpasses Green Lantern's combat and reaction speed. While it is impressive that he managed to tag Reverse Flash and Barry Allen, simply tagging them one time isn't as impressive as Belcross' feats.

DURABILITY

Okay, this is a biggie. You see Belcross is an absolute monster when it comes to durability and one would find it very hard to hurt Belcross in a significant way.

Belcross stopped a planet busting attack. Now it is at least small planet busting because a small portion of the blast destroyed two moon sized star ships.

Belcross also tanked an energy projectile from Karkinos. Karkinos was stated to be planet level in attack potency with these energy attacks, and even said that he didn't want to destroy the planet he was originally fighting on, implying that if he wanted to, he could destroy the planet. These energy attacks were hot enough to literally melt planets, yet Belcross practically no sold it.

No Caption Provided

However, Belcross' most impressive feat was when he tanked the explosion of Jupiter. This easily puts Belcross at large planet level durability.

Slide 1 - Belcross is pulled in by Jupiter's gravitational pull, sending him to the planet's surface

Slide 2 - Jupiter explodes

And guess what. Belcross is just fine and dandy. Now it is worth noting that he was staggered by this a little, but he was still able to recover fast enough to block a FTL attack from Karkinos.

No Caption Provided

So while Green Lantern may have small planet busting feats, Bellcross can tank so much more and get up just fine

And just in case Bellcross actually takes significant damage from Green Lantern, Bellcross has Deadpool's healing factor to grow back entire limbs and Senzu beans to restore himself to his original condition. And that's assuming Green Lantern has the DC to be able to significantly harm Belcross.

ENERGY PROJECTION AND LIFE DRAIN

Now this is where the morals off ability comes in. Belcross is a warrior, preferring to fight a battle with his fist then use hax, but with morals off, he can use his powerful soul drain ability and his energy projection.

Belcross can casually suck the life out of millions of aliens.

Now normally, Belcross would need this life energy to fuel his energy projection attack, but since this is composite Bellcross, he won't need this energy for his energy projection attacks.

*Note: just because he doesn't need to use his soul sucking ability doesn't mean he won't use it as since he is bloodlusted, he will use any ability at his disposal to win*

With his energy projection, he can incinerate several moon sized star ships.

These are both hax AoE attacks that Green Lantern really has no answer for. Sure, me may be able to block the energy projection, MAYBE, but he has no counter for the life force drain.

CONCLUSION

Overall, Belcross has Green Lantern beat in nearly every category. He is significantly faster and stronger and I honestly don't see Green Lantern being able to tag Bellcross with his MTFL + reaction speed unless he himself has a MTFL + combat speed, which he doesn't. And I don't see Green Lantern being able to tank multiple planet busting attacks going at MTFL + speeds either. And even if Belcross was to be tagged, his large planet level durability dwarfs the small planet level DC feats Green Lantern has meaning that Belcross doesn't even need Deadpool's healing factor or the Senzu Beans to tank Green Lantern's attacks. And again, Green Lantern has no answer for Belcross' life drain ability.

#49 Posted by GearSecond659 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by _KingofLatveria (16957 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: Ok, nice post expect some pretty heavy counters though