Cloud Strife vs Space Marines (Warhammer)

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

10314

Forum Posts

3

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Cloud With all magic weapons and upgrades vs The Entire Space Marine army 
Cloud has knowlege 
and so do Space Marines 
Win by all means
 
 
VS 
 
  
 

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HulktheUltimate

I'm guessing your a big 40k fan? Anyway, i'm a bigger FF fan than I am 40k.. This is how I see it, Cloud has beaten Sephiroth w/ ultima weapon & omni-slash, sephiorth could destroy the entire 40k universe if he were in it... So Cloud could definitely beat the SM.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

14041

Forum Posts

30

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Wow...
 
So this is Cloud versus....Space Marines? A chapter? Every marine ever? The entire Imperium? Including heroes and Primarchs?  And by the way, Sephiroth could NEVER solo the entire 40k universe. ComicVine should just stay away from Warhammer 40,000.

Avatar image for tifalockhart
TifaLockhart

23005

Forum Posts

253

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TifaLockhart

@HulktheUltimate: I like that answer.

Also, Zack who was not as powerful as Cloud took on a Shinra battalion and nearly won. And since magic is mentioned in the OP, I'm assuming we're not dismissing all game mechanics.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@texasdeathmatch: I'm sorry, but Sephiroth can beat just about anyone. All he would need to do is cast death on every single SM prime arc and meteor/nova everything else. His speed is unmatched by anything in the 40k universe and could basically just use meteor on the emperor too.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I get the feeling that we could easily be friends. >.>

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

14041

Forum Posts

30

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@HulktheUltimate said:

@texasdeathmatch: I'm sorry, but Sephiroth can beat just about anyone. All he would need to do is cast death on every single SM prime arc and meteor/nova everything else. His speed is unmatched by anything in the 40k universe and could basically just use meteor on the emperor too.

Yeah, this isn't worth it. You clearly have no idea how powerful the 40k universe can be, especially since its filled with Cosmic Gods and the Emperor of Mankind, who would regard meteors as nothing more than a dingleberry. Don't bother replying, because you should do your research before you make broad assumptions about an entire fictional world.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

14041

Forum Posts

30

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By texasdeathmatch

For instance, this guy alone would destroy Sephiroth:

No Caption Provided
The nightbringer is a god.  It is "death incarnate, a sadistic god wielding the power to unmake the stars. It delights in inflicting great pain and suffering not necessarily to feed, but simply because it can. Its gaze is death and its mighty scythe has feasted on the deaths of entire civilisations. With a starship imbued with a measure of its power, the Nightbringer has destroyed entire star systems on a whim and gorged itself on the death agonies of countless billions of lives.
Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@texasdeathmatch: Sephiroth is considered a universe buster. I firmly believe he can defeat most foes you throw at him.

Avatar image for tifalockhart
TifaLockhart

23005

Forum Posts

253

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TifaLockhart

If game mechanics are on, Sephiroth casually destroys the solar system, potentially more than once.

Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dex_Starr
@HulktheUltimate said:

I'm guessing your a big 40k fan? Anyway, i'm a bigger FF fan than I am 40k.. This is how I see it, Cloud has beaten Sephiroth w/ ultima weapon & omni-slash, sephiorth could destroy the entire 40k universe if he were in it... So Cloud could definitely beat the SM.

Are you kidding me? Any of the Chaos Gods could blink Stepbrother out of existence. 
Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By tron_bonne
@texasdeathmatch said:
For instance, this guy alone would destroy Sephiroth:
No Caption Provided
The nightbringer is a god.  It is "death incarnate, a sadistic god wielding the power to unmake the stars. It delights in inflicting great pain and suffering not necessarily to feed, but simply because it can. Its gaze is death and its mighty scythe has feasted on the deaths of entire civilisations. With a starship imbued with a measure of its power, the Nightbringer has destroyed entire star systems on a whim and gorged itself on the death agonies of countless billions of lives.
How?.... Sephiroth already died and was spit out of death so that he can accomplish his goal. You know Sephiroth after his 1st death became immortal right? This is a Deadpool character with the Infinite Gauntlet who jobbs just for entertainment.
Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Dex_Starr
@HulktheUltimate said:

@texasdeathmatch: Sephiroth is considered a universe buster. I firmly believe he can defeat most foes you throw at him.

Are you just purposely trolling? 
Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@Hohenheim_of_light: I have to agree with you there... Excluding the chaos gods, sephiroth could easily kill everyone in the 40k universe.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

1917

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@tron_bonne: Sephiroth is not even close to the IG, I hope you know that.

@HulktheUltimate said:

@texasdeathmatch: Sephiroth is considered a universe buster. I firmly believe he can defeat most foes you throw at him.

Universe buster, since when ?

As for the fight in itself I have no idea never played Warhammer so I can't give my opinion.

Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheMightyAvenger said:

@tron_bonne: Sephiroth is not even close to the IG, I hope you know that.

@HulktheUltimate said:

@texasdeathmatch: Sephiroth is considered a universe buster. I firmly believe he can defeat most foes you throw at him.

Universe buster, since when ?

That's just used as a bench mark, hence why I used Deadpool.
Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Dex_Starr
@HulktheUltimate said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I have to agree with you there... Excluding the chaos gods, sephiroth could easily kill everyone in the 40k universe.

Not really, Cloud if he goes all out might be able to take one or two space marines, against anymore and he's going to die. 
Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Dex_Starr
@TheMightyAvenger said:

@tron_bonne: Sephiroth is not even close to the IG, I hope you know that.

@HulktheUltimate said:

@texasdeathmatch: Sephiroth is considered a universe buster. I firmly believe he can defeat most foes you throw at him.

Universe buster, since when ?

As for the fight in itself I have no idea never played Warhammer so I can't give my opinion.

Ignore troll bonne, I could write a book on the insane things he's posted over the past month. 
Avatar image for tifalockhart
TifaLockhart

23005

Forum Posts

253

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By TifaLockhart

I think that's a chick...

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@TheMightyAvenger: Nova is powerful enough to destroy a solar system, he'd just go galaxy to galaxy destroying them at extremely quick speeds in his final form until he is finished. Besides, have you heard FF Advent Children? The song itself is enough to make you run and cry.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@Hohenheim_of_light: I respect your opinion but I think you are giving WAY to much credit to Space Marines. Cloud can take down ANYTHING with an Omnislash + Ultima weapon excluding Chaos Gods, the Emperor, etc. Tyranid numbers would die, and so would SM's. Space Marine's die all the time, in table top and fluff. They aren't invincible like you describe them.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

1917

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@tron_bonne: Okay.

Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By tron_bonne
@HulktheUltimate said:

@TheMightyAvenger: Besides, have you heard FF Advent Children? The song itself is enough to make you run and cry.

Yes...  
The song.... 
The song of death and despair to the Space Marines. 
  
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

1917

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@HulktheUltimate: I'm actually pretty familiar with the song and the whole FF universe, but Super Nova is just gameplay mechanics it doesn't actually happen. And yes the song is awesome.

Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Dex_Starr
@HulktheUltimate said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I respect your opinion but I think you are giving WAY to much credit to Space Marines. Cloud can take down ANYTHING with an Omnislash + Ultima weapon excluding Chaos Gods, the Emperor, etc. Tyranid numbers would die, and so would SM's. Space Marine's die all the time, in table top and fluff. They aren't invincible like you describe them.

Dude, Omnislash only works on one opponent, he would attack one Space marine and another shoot him from behind, let alone 3 or 4 or an entire army.  
 
Space marines die in table top?  So if I go play FF7 right now, and die on the first enemy I guess Cloud must be pretty weak too amirite? 
Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By tron_bonne
@Hohenheim_of_light said:
@HulktheUltimate said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I respect your opinion but I think you are giving WAY to much credit to Space Marines. Cloud can take down ANYTHING with an Omnislash + Ultima weapon excluding Chaos Gods, the Emperor, etc. Tyranid numbers would die, and so would SM's. Space Marine's die all the time, in table top and fluff. They aren't invincible like you describe them.

Dude, Omnislash only works on one opponent, he would attack one Space marine and another shoot him from behind, let alone 3 or 4 or an entire army.    Space marines die in table top?  So if I go play FF7 right now, and die on the first enemy I guess Cloud must be pretty weak too amirite? 
So that's why you don't like FF7. 0_0
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

1917

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Well, Zack once fought an army of 1000 Shinra soldiers, but apparently this army is much larger and the soldiers more powerfull. And Zack and Cloud are pretty close on terms of power so... from what I can gather the army wins this.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@TheMightyAvenger: Sephiroth gave Cloud and his party member's a vision on what could have happened. So if it could have happened there, it could happen in 40k too.

Avatar image for tevnoba
Tevnoba

3451

Forum Posts

378

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Tevnoba

@HulktheUltimate said:

@TheMightyAvenger: Nova is powerful enough to destroy a solar system, he'd just go galaxy to galaxy destroying them at extremely quick speeds in his final form until he is finished. Besides, have you heard FF Advent Children? The song itself is enough to make you run and cry.

Your lack of knowledge of what you talk about is cosmically astounding.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@Tevnoba: Not sure why you are criticizing me. Sephiroth final form can most likely travel at the speed of light. SO destroying the universe wouldn't be difficult for him.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@Hohenheim_of_light: Oh and I don't think you know how fast cloud is reflex wise and just his blatant speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM0DdSF_ku8

Feel free to mute the video if you don't like that type of music, but at least watch it. Cloud would be bouncing off space marines killing them before they can even aim their bolter's. Don't underestimate final fantasy characters, especially cloud. His sheer strength is much better then a space marine first of all. The only one I think he would have a problem with is Lee man Russ... Man that guy caught a kraken and said it was to small, so he threw it back.

Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Dex_Starr
@tron_bonne said:
@Hohenheim_of_light said:
@HulktheUltimate said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I respect your opinion but I think you are giving WAY to much credit to Space Marines. Cloud can take down ANYTHING with an Omnislash + Ultima weapon excluding Chaos Gods, the Emperor, etc. Tyranid numbers would die, and so would SM's. Space Marine's die all the time, in table top and fluff. They aren't invincible like you describe them.

Dude, Omnislash only works on one opponent, he would attack one Space marine and another shoot him from behind, let alone 3 or 4 or an entire army.    Space marines die in table top?  So if I go play FF7 right now, and die on the first enemy I guess Cloud must be pretty weak too amirite? 
So that's why you don't like FF7. 0_0
I wouldn't say I don't like it, it was generally a good game but way overrated.  FF8 9 and FF3 on the SNES were better games than 7 was.
Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheMightyAvenger said:

Well, Zack once fought an army of 1000 Shinra soldiers, but apparently this army is much larger and the soldiers more powerfull. And Zack and Cloud are pretty close on terms of power so... from what I can gather the army wins this.

No way. Cloud is way beyond Zack. The only other person in FF7 that is potentially stronger than Cloud is Vincent. The reason why is because Zack was exposed to higher than standard Mako than any other SOLIDER. This is why he is one of the leaders. Vincent was exposed and infused with Mako for 30 years? Sephiroth was born out of the J.E.N.O.V.A project using DNA sample of her. He was injected with small doses of Mako every year until he became an adult. Cloud was infused with J.E.N.O.V.A cells and infused with ultra high levels of Mako after Hojo captured him and experimented on Cloud out of despite that Sephiroth was a failure. Technically, Cloud has a higher potential than Sephiroth because he has a whole world of Mako backing him up. This is why Sephiroth wants to destroy the Ancients (Aerith and her connection with Mako, the spirit of the Earth) However, Sephiroth has learned to adapt his spirit to any medium. This technically means that he is virtually immortal so long that there is a medium to carry on his soul.
Avatar image for big_jon
big_jon

11

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By big_jon

Well cloud is a stupid fucking emo guy with a sword that is retartedly large, Space Marines are some of the most awesome warriors in any universe, they are perfect warriors honed with super human bodies, super powered weapons, and hundreds of years of experience in war.

Hmmm, I wonder.

Avatar image for big_jon
big_jon

11

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By big_jon

@texasdeathmatch said:

For instance, this guy alone would destroy Sephiroth:
No Caption Provided
The nightbringer is a god. It is "death incarnate, a sadistic god wielding the power to unmake the stars. It delights in inflicting great pain and suffering not necessarily to feed, but simply because it can. Its gaze is death and its mighty scythe has feasted on the deaths of entire civilisations. With a starship imbued with a measure of its power, the Nightbringer has destroyed entire star systems on a whim and gorged itself on the death agonies of countless billions of lives.

And he isn't necessarily even the most powerful of the C'tan either.

Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By tron_bonne
@Hohenheim_of_light said:
@tron_bonne said:
@Hohenheim_of_light said:
@HulktheUltimate said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I respect your opinion but I think you are giving WAY to much credit to Space Marines. Cloud can take down ANYTHING with an Omnislash + Ultima weapon excluding Chaos Gods, the Emperor, etc. Tyranid numbers would die, and so would SM's. Space Marine's die all the time, in table top and fluff. They aren't invincible like you describe them.

Dude, Omnislash only works on one opponent, he would attack one Space marine and another shoot him from behind, let alone 3 or 4 or an entire army.    Space marines die in table top?  So if I go play FF7 right now, and die on the first enemy I guess Cloud must be pretty weak too amirite? 
So that's why you don't like FF7. 0_0
I wouldn't say I don't like it, it was generally a good game but way overrated.  FF8 9 and FF3 on the SNES were better games than 7 was.
I actually agree on this for once that the series you mentioned are better games. But only out of playability and fun moving plots. FF7 actually had better "plot twists".
Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

83

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By HulktheUltimate

@big_jon: Space Marine armor is literally butter to cloud. They wouldn't be able to land a single shot or hit on him... It would be the equivalent of A space marine cutting down hundreds of Ork's with a heavy bolter, except cloud would be using just his normal buster sword. Oh and I see no point in calling Cloud a lame character, where as Space Marine's are by the book. Oh and by the way... "A sword that is (retartedly) large." Really? Space Marine's are more then two tons and are about 8 FT tall. Don't go and call something (retartedly) large when the thing your supporting doubles the opponent in nearly ever characteristic.

Avatar image for dex_starr
Dex_Starr

4797

Forum Posts

424

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Dex_Starr
@big_jon said:

Well cloud is a stupid fucking emo guy with a sword that is retartedly large, Space Marines are some of the most awesome warriors in any universe, they are perfect warriors honed with super human bodies, super powered weapons, and hundreds of years of experience in war.

Hmmm, I wonder.

While I don't agree with choice of words, I do agree that Cloud is not a very appealing character and that the Spare Marines are kick ass. 
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

1917

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@tron_bonne: No offense but you make Zack sound much weaker than he is, he also battled Sephiroth and held his own, and he beat both Angeal and Genesis even when both were empowered and Genesis had absorbed ebergy from the Lifestream. Also Cloud himself is not really close to Sephiroth either, the developers stated that he loses mainly because he jobbs or something like that.

@HulktheUltimate: It's still game mechanics, and suppose it could happe and even IF he could travel at lightspeed, it doesn't mean he is an universe buster, assume he can destroy one solar system, a Galaxy has billions of them, and the universe has billions upon billions of galaxies, see the difference now.

Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

1412

Forum Posts

36

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well against all the Bloody chapters ? I love Cloud but man I just don't see him clear that one;although My game's Cloud would do heavy damages(Quadruple Magic+Knight of the Round table;Master)and would be damn hard to put down for good(Final Attack + Phoenix)

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

14041

Forum Posts

30

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Phew, I'm glad I got out of this silly debate.

Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

1412

Forum Posts

36

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@texasdeathmatch: How come it didn't get locked;this is obvious spite.
Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By tron_bonne
@TheMightyAvenger said:

@tron_bonne: No offense but you make Zack sound much weaker than he is, he also battled Sephiroth and held his own, and he beat both Angeal and Genesis even when both were empowered and Genesis had absorbed ebergy from the Lifestream. Also Cloud himself is not really close to Sephiroth either, the developers stated that he loses mainly because he jobbs or something like that.

@HulktheUltimate: It's still game mechanics, and suppose it could happe and even IF he could travel at lightspeed, it doesn't mean he is an universe buster, assume he can destroy one solar system, a Galaxy has billions of them, and the universe has billions upon billions of galaxies, see the difference now.

Zack is weaker. He battled Sephiroth and lost very easily. I will show you the ORIGINAL battle (FF7: 1996). It was a 1 hit knock out.
Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By tron_bonne

 
 
 
 Start video @ 3:17 stop it at 4:40 (unless you want to watch the whole video) 

  1. I'm still trying to find the actual fight between Zack and Sephiroth, but notice Zack laying on the left on top of an incubator. Sephiroth did that to him
  2. Notice Sephiroth leaping down the stairs. Cloud did that to Sephiroth after Sephiorth 1 hit KO Zack and ripped JENOVA out of it's tomb.
  3. Notice how Cloud was stabbed by Sephiroth. Cloud quickly recovers to throws Sephorth into the Mako reactor.
  4. Notice this is Cloud WITHOUT Materia......
   
P.S: Still Looking for the actual fight between Sephiroth and Zack. 
*FF7 1997
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

14041

Forum Posts

30

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Maxwell Lord the fourth: No mods online...or they just don't give a damn.
Avatar image for tron_bonne
tron_bonne

2512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By tron_bonne
@tron_bonne said:
@TheMightyAvenger said:

@tron_bonne: No offense but you make Zack sound much weaker than he is, he also battled Sephiroth and held his own, and he beat both Angeal and Genesis even when both were empowered and Genesis had absorbed ebergy from the Lifestream. Also Cloud himself is not really close to Sephiroth either, the developers stated that he loses mainly because he jobbs or something like that.

@HulktheUltimate: It's still game mechanics, and suppose it could happe and even IF he could travel at lightspeed, it doesn't mean he is an universe buster, assume he can destroy one solar system, a Galaxy has billions of them, and the universe has billions upon billions of galaxies, see the difference now.

Zack is weaker. He battled Sephiroth and lost very easily. I will show you the ORIGINAL battle (FF7: 1996). It was a 1 hit knock out.
 
Found it! 
 
Start 0:00 to 1:43
 
  
  
 This is when you find out that Cloud was the Shinra Guard the whole time. Shinra can't carry materia. Only SOLIDER. Shinra guards carry machine guns. 
  
  
This is the following:

 
  Start video @ 3:17 stop it at 4:40 (unless you want to watch the whole video) 
  1. I'm still trying to find the actual fight between Zack and Sephiroth, but notice Zack laying on the left on top of an incubator. Sephiroth did that to him
  2. Notice Sephiroth leaping down the stairs. Cloud did that to Sephiroth after Sephiorth 1 hit KO Zack and ripped JENOVA out of it's tomb.
  3. Notice how Cloud was stabbed by Sephiroth. Cloud quickly recovers to throws Sephorth into the Mako reactor.
  4. Notice this is Cloud WITHOUT Materia......
   
   
 It is consistent with this: Created 10 years after FF7 
(((Except: Zack only lasted 5 seconds in the game and Cloud threw Sephiroth in the reactor instead of Sephiroth willing jumping in it.)))
 
  
 
 
 

So my argument still stands.
tron_bonne said:

No way. Cloud is way beyond Zack. The only other person in FF7 that is potentially stronger than Cloud is Vincent. The reason why is because Zack was exposed to higher than standard Mako than any other SOLIDER. This is why he is one of the leaders. Vincent was exposed and infused with Mako for 30 years? Sephiroth was born out of the J.E.N.O.V.A project using DNA sample of her. He was injected with small doses of Mako every year until he became an adult. Cloud was infused with J.E.N.O.V.A cells and infused with ultra high levels of Mako after Hojo captured him and experimented on Cloud out of despite that Sephiroth was a failure. Technically, Cloud has a higher potential than Sephiroth because he has a whole world of Mako backing him up. This is why Sephiroth wants to destroy the Ancients (Aerith and her connection with Mako, the spirit of the Earth) However, Sephiroth has learned to adapt his spirit to any medium. This technically means that he is virtually immortal so long that there is a medium to carry on his soul.

Avatar image for tifalockhart
TifaLockhart

23005

Forum Posts

253

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By TifaLockhart

I want to say that while I disagree with most of the views expressed on the pro-Sephiroth side, I did want to point out that it'd take quite awhile for Cloud to lose to the first two enemies of the game - MPs.

BTW, is Advent Children: Complete canon? Thanks.

Avatar image for stompa
Stompa

1495

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By Stompa

Cloud is very good i think he could take on one of the smaller Space Marine orders all by himself if it´s just the ground troops. With magic he has enough power to destroy a landraider or any other tank of SP orders. Physically he would outclass any Marine and could take on quite a lot of them. But all Space Marine orders at the same time? Are you kidding me? Even if we didn´t take any Imperial into consideration besides what organized in the Space Marine orders that´s enough firepower to destroy solar systems. All together that´s tons of space ships,vehicles and marines. Cloud dies in the matter of seconds.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

4701

Forum Posts

5

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cloud will get worn down by the superior numbers of the Warhammer Marines and their firepower. There are just too many. And no, fanservice aside, Cloud nor Sephiroth, have never shown the ability to taken down that many trained enemies based in multiple galaxies and across an Imperium spanning planets. They'd run out of hair gel, HP and MP trying to take on on one or two companies first. And honestly, most of the Space Marines are bred to be superior warriors, so they are at least a match for Sephiroth in physical stats and superior to both in height and machismo factors. Just to give you an idea, the Sisters of Battle stand at least a billion strong and are based on a billion shrine worlds. And they are just an Order, not a complete Legion. The numbers and scale of the Warhammer 40k universe is far beyond Final Fantasy.

Avatar image for tifalockhart
TifaLockhart

23005

Forum Posts

253

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By TifaLockhart

Based on the evidence presented in this thread, I'm going to agree that the duo lose.

But as an aside, how big is a battalion? Thanks.