Classic Mid-Tier Tournament 1st Edition Round 1 - Maestromage vs Uncannyrewind - Open For Voting!

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

Round 1

@maestromage

No Caption Provided

Characters:

• Composite Jack Hawksmoor
  • Composite Jenny Sparks

Perks:

• Choose Battlefield (Coruscant [Legends/Canon], 20BBY, Thunderstorm, Night, Unpopulated)
  • 30 Minutes Prep on the Battlefield
No Caption Provided

@uncannyrewind

No Caption Provided

Characters

• Hitler (Mudazumonaki Kaikaku)
  • Justice Braver (The whimsical cursed sword)

Perks

• Mach 300 speed
  • Full Knowledge

Limits

• The physical strength of an individual character, whether striking or lifting, can not exceed large mountain busting (3000 meters).
  • The physical durability and endurance of a character can not exceed the strength limit.
  • Reaction speed, combat speed, travel speed, and the speed of any attacks or abilities that travel can not be faster than lightning (Mach 286, can round to Mach 300).
  • Destructive Capacity and Attack Potency are also restricted to the strength limits.

Restrictions

• No reality warping.
  • No conceptual manipulation, or concept-based attacks like existence erasure.
  • No causality manipulation, or any interference with the laws of the universe.
  • No probability or luck manipulation.
  • No power stealing, copying, or negation.
  • No amping stats beyond the limits, including through weapons, skill, or martial techniques.
  • No death manipulation or instant death attacks.
  • No remote transmutation or transformation (not requiring physical contact), other forms of matter manipulation are allowed.
  • You can amp yourself to the multi-mountain level (2-3 mountains) through draining, but once you reach them further draining will only serve to debuff your opponents.
  • Precognition/future sight is limited to 5 seconds.
  • Cloning is limited to 10, can only be used by 1 character, and clones can not make clones.
  • Summons, constructs, and fodder are limited to 10 and can not be stronger than the character that summons them. Nor can they possess hax that ignores durability.
  • TK is restricted to the strength limit.
  • Regeneration is allowed, but if a character is either A) reduced beyond visual recognition without enhanced sight, or B) scattered beyond the confines of the battlefield, they're considered at least KO'd.
  • BFR can only be accomplished through physical force. Not teleportation, portals, or powers outside of strength. It operates on ring-out principles so once the moment your opponent forces you out of bounds you become instantly disqualified, even if you can return to the battlefield in a reasonable time frame. Battlefields will be specified in every thread.
  • Time manipulation is allowed, but is restricted to accelerating time, slowing down time, rewinding/looping time, or summoning clones from the timestream. Clones follow the cloning limits. Any other form of time manipulation is banned.
  • Telepathy is allowed, but is restricted to mind-reading, memory altering, illusions, hypnosis, paranoia, pacification (forced tranquility, docility or dream-state), fear/nightmare inducement, or hallucinations. Anything else, or allowed functions at a high tier level, (continental and above) is banned.
  • Soul manipulation is allowed but is restricted to removal or altering and can't exceed the range of the battlefield.
  • Space manipulation is allowed, but vector manipulation is banned and everything else can't exceed the range of the battlefield.

Rules

• 1 week to post openers, 10 days for rebuttals. You can request up to a 3-day extension in either case. The opener time limit applies to both users concurrently
  • No more than 3 posts.
  • You need a completed CaV or tourney to join.
  • Don't join if you don't intend to see it through.
  • Characters are whatever version fits the limits, if it needs to be composite then sure.
  • My word is final of course.

Voting Incentives

Instead of rewarding people just for making it to the second round, I've decided to implement a system that rewards voting, in order to ensure we get votes on all matches.

• If you're a participant, there are 7 total possible matches you can vote on, excluding your own. If you're a reserve you can vote an all 8.
  • If you vote on 2 matches (to my satisfaction) you can change a perk going into the next round
  • If you vote on 4 matches you can add a perk
  • If you vote on all of them you can swap a character
  • Win by death, knockout, incapacitation, or BFR.

In-depth Limit Clarifications

• Power negation refers to the act of directly and remotely disabling your opponent's abilities or powers. Conditional power negation, i.e adaptative evolution, immunity, chi blocking, or more specific and esoteric applications of this ability are allowed. The purpose here is to ensure the battle remains competitive by requiring at least some level of physical interaction between the characters, and not just making them instantly powerless.
  • Power copying, power stealing, and power absorption are still completely banned.
  • Once the battle starts you can only amp yourself by consuming/draining the opponents' various energies, but likewise I'll introduce some perks for protection if that happens to be your character's weakness.
  • If you want to amp yourself during prep, you can do it through any means at all, so long as it doesn't surpass the amping limits. Which is multi-mountain level.
  • You can not amp summons, constructs, fodder, or clones under any circumstances.
  • Don't pick a character blatantly over the limits and try to justify them by saying you'll ignore their powers that are over the limits and just use what's allowed. How about you stop being lazy and look for a character that's allowed instead.
  • BFR is allowed through physical strength, but self-BFR is not allowed. You have to have a physical presence on the battlefield at all times. Going into another dimension and staying there indefinitely (i.e Kamui or Mirror Master) while leaving an illusion of yourself present is only allowed for the purposes of intangibility or defense - it is NOT a win condition and you still have to fight.
  • You can not BFR your teammates.
  • Battlefields will be randomized unless you pick the Choose Battlefield perk. The parameters/bounds of the battlefield will be specified in every thread. With the perk, you can dictate starting distance and time of day. You can not choose a location that's over the limits.
    • What this means is you can't pick a place where the environment is beyond the durability/endurance limits of the characters and/or instantly surpasses their regeneration threshold. You also can't choose somewhere that's indestructible and try to fuse with it.
  • Teamwork is not a factor but Perfect Teamwork is necessary for strategies that incorporate such.
  • Time acceleration/deceleration can not exceed 1000x the normal speed or flow of time.
  • Affecting the opponents during prep in any way is not allowed.

Battlefield - Coruscant

No Caption Provided

Conditions decided by maestro

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Uncannyrewind

@maestromage would you like to go first? I'd prefer to go second

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncannyrewind: I can go first yeah, I need to clarify on the starting positions anyways.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never thought the day would come when I'd have to debate against literally Hitler but somehow that seems like just my luck. So I'll manage.

No Caption Provided

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: @uncannyrewind: Battlefield Conditions:

Coruscant

No Caption Provided

This is Coruscant as it is/was in both Legends and Canon circa. 20BBY, in the tail end of the Clone Wars. It's nighttime, more or less exactly how the above image shows, and there are thunderstorms raging across the planet. It's exactly how it is in Star Wars barring the weather and the fact that all the living beings who normally reside on the planet are not there, allowing for a nice clean fight without any bystanders.

The Battlefield is the entire planet. Ring Out means going off-world, which I am defining as going beyond the upper atmosphere. Jack and Jenny start in a nice, well-lit and air-conditioned room at A, in the Jedi Archives. Justice Braver starts at B, down on level 1313 in Coruscant's undercity in a bar with no lights and a bunch of out-of-date food and drink. The alcohol has all seemingly been looted. Lastly, Hitler starts upside down, his head suspended roughly a meter directly above a toilet bowl in the bathroom of an apartment on the 27th floor of a residential building at C. Someone has recently taken a rather large sh** in the toilet.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Authority Takes Over Coruscant

For those unfamiliar, The Authority were a group of comic superheroes and a key part of the Wildstorm comic universe, which was later absorbed into the wider world of DC. My team in this tourney consists of two of its founding members, Jack Hawksmoor and original team leader Jenny Sparks. My Perks are simple; the battlefield is the entire planet of Coruscant from Star Wars and my duo has thirty minutes with which to prepare on said stage. The reason behind this choice is obvious for those familiar with my characters, as it gives both Jack and Jenny unlimited resources to work with and allows them to do battle at a higher level than they usually would.

Post Theme

Loading Video...

The Spirit of the 20th Century

No Caption Provided

Jenny Sparks is the Spirit of the 20th Century, a key part of earth's "immune system" and part of a large defence mechanism, one that represents aspects of the era they protect. As she was born during the rise of modern technology, Jenny's abilities primarily revolve around the manipulation of electricity and to an extent, technology. Simple stuff.

As the living embodiment of lightning and electricity, including the cloud-to-ground kind, Jenny fits perfectly at the speed cap for this tourney, both in terms of the speed of her attacks and her own movement speed, as she can turn into lightning to move around, as well as being able to move through electronics. Power-wise she's no slouch either, though it is worth noting that her upper limit in regards to the electricity she can generate is depending on what's available in her environment. I'll touch more on this later.

No Caption Provided

Still, without any crazy context, she's able to unleash fairly powerful blasts of electricity as she does above, blasting Future Kansas City (don't ask) in an attempt to stop its advance, or as she did when instantly fatally charring the Gamorran supersoldiers, who are low-mid superhumans in their own right individually. Jenny can shock people upon contact, conjure electrical blasts through herself or nearby objects and can also create giant electrical constructs that fry anything that enter them.

The King of Cities

No Caption Provided

Jack Hawksmoor was genetically modified over thousands of experiments by humans from the 70th century to function solely within and in conjunction with cities, in order to combat their ensuing apocalypse threatened by the now sentient Kansas City. The experiment was a success in that end, as Jack managed to defeat Kansas relatively early in his career, but the more notable end result is that Jack became an entirely new species of being, Homo Urbanus. His Physiology and general well-being are entirely reliant on being in a city, as in the 70th century the earth is covered entirely by one massive interconnected city. In a way, Jack is more at home here on Coruscant than ever before. As Jack draws all his powers from cities outside of them he initially could only survive a few hours, though he would eventually overcome this weakness somewhat, inside them he can be called nothing other than king.

First and foremost, Jack is granted superhuman physical attributes. Whilst the mid-tiers of the Authority (Jack/Jenny/Midnighter) are usually portrayed as peers in terms of power/stats, Jack himself is seen easily pasting those Gamorran soldiers mentioned in Jenny's section, has shrugged off falling directly into a nuclear explosion, dismembers Angie's clones despite her durability, has kept up with speedsters and perhaps most impressively is able to hold his own against Midnighter H2H. You get the gist, he's strong and he's fast.

Secret History of the Authority - Jack Hawksmoor #1/5
Secret History of the Authority - Jack Hawksmoor #1/5

What's more interesting are the abilities that are more directly related to his connection with cities. Great example; Jack has superhuman senses, right? A lot of the standard impressive feats you'd expect in that aspect, but beyond the simple extensions of his five senses, Jack can communicate with cities. And I mean that literally, his powers a portrayed in such a fashion that the cities he inhabits have a degree of sentience and personality and Jack can and does talk to them, as they do to him. You can see this in the examples above. Jack's sensory ability goes beyond simply seeing and hearing, and enters the realm of understanding. He can tell you the dates of newspapers in a fire without reading them, ask the windows what they've witnessed without seeing them, and track down a specific individual in a city full of people in a moment. And as I said, Jack will often speak directly to cities, asking them to help him. Stormwatch classified his abilities here as Psychometry and Precognition, which speaks to his overall capabilities.

Of course, senses alone don't win you fights. The most notable aspect of Jack's abilities is that he can command cities to bend to his will to aid him in battles, to do almost anything you can imagine a city doing and probably more. He can physically move parts of the city as he wishes, but he can manipulate the structure of the city, whether that's by asking bricks to turn to dust or by allowing himself to move through concrete as a bird moves through the air. His manipulation goes beyond the physical as he can also freely control things like gravity and density within a city, as well as the electromagnetic spectrum. In a particularly flashy move, Jack can even go as far as turning an entire city into a giant Gundam mech for a brute force approach.

Put simply, in a city Jack can do whatever he feels like. He is, after all, the king.

Opening Salvo

My strategy is pretty simple and if it wasn't clear before it should be now. On Courscant you are inescapably in Jenny and Jack's personal playground. Jenny can siphon electrical energy from the planet for basically forever and Jack, well, Jack is Jack. Upon arrival, Jack will immediately receive a large amount of information about the planet and its resources from Coruscant itself, and anything else they want to know they can easily find out from the archives. The Authority are in no way "nice" people to fight, so in a situation where it's a death battle with no innocents on the line, they're just going to sit back and kill you from a distance if they can. Though the amping limits obvious prevent her from replicating this entire feat, Jenny can control electricity over a pretty massive distance and Jack's range is only really limited to the city he's in, which here is everywhere. So you're essentially playing an impossible game of hide-and-seek where the hiders are sniping you from across the planet.

The Authority (2008) #16
The Authority (2008) #16

The starting positions leave your team separated and confused, and by the time of their entry, Jack will have full control of their environment. As shown above, this extends to all of the technological infrastructures, meaning you also have to deal with all of the very advanced technology on Coruscant on top of Jack's usual shenanigans. Your team may have full knowledge but that doesn't equate to them being fully prepared for being in an endless metropolis that's working against them every step of the way and actively confusing them at every turn and it also doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be able to do anything about Jenny frying their brains the second the battle begins. To win your team has to track my team down across the planet despite both of them being able to move through it with incredible ease on top of being able to teleport thanks to the Carrier's door tech, and they have to do this whilst fending off continual attacks from everything around them.

So good luck.

No Caption Provided

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Uncannyrewind

THE FUHRER AND THE CURSED SWORD

No Caption Provided

most people would call my team a rather odd choice being hitler and a literal sword and they are 100% right in that observation. Personally I picked them purely out of convenience sake since I was trying to pick out characters I already have "Scans" for saved up somewhere. My original picks were more... conventional but they were deemed outside the tournament limits so I defaulted back to the only 2 character I have already prepared scans for that would be at the level of the tournament. It is what it is so lets begin:

I'll start this off by getting the external stuff out of the way mainly my chosen perks. These would be:

• Mach 300
  • Full Knowledge

Mach 300 is the absolute limit of the baseline speed for this tourney(without any added buffs from draining) and although both of my character are easily lightning speed I'd prefer to keep them at the definitive baseline speed cap to ensure a definitive speed advantage.

Full Knowledge means both character are well aware of your teams capabilities knowing exactly what you can do right from the start. Your power and skills will be completely know to both of hitler and Justice Braver and as such they can take the best course of action in response to them

These 2 perks are immutable advantages of initiative and insight when stepping onto the battle field in order to make the absolute best use of their resources and skills as well as exploit your teams shortcomings. Hitler himself is fully within the mindset to take advantage of this asset:

No Caption Provided

And before we begin I'll just give out a quick warning to ease the reader into what to expect from these characters: The different series that these two characters are from very much border on comedy and parody(JB and Hitler respectively) so there going to be a lot of ridiculous and frankly odd stuff here. I'll start with JB

===============================================

JUSTICE BRAVER: THE CURSED SWORD

No Caption Provided

Justice Braver(Shortened to JB) is a sentient sword known formally as the Soul Eater Blade. To describe JB in a single word the only term that fits is, ridiculous. One of the strongest creatures in his verse yet also one of the greatest oddities defying Logic and common sense for the sake of a gag. Despite all this, in truth he is considered a sinister power that once turned the world into a living hell:

No Caption Provided

Immutable power

I'll get through JB's stats first before anything else which should be easy since JB is very very casually mountain level capable of destroying a mountain in a single blast:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His primary form of attack are energy blasts or beam attacks capable of leveling mountains with ease but even his physicals are enough to bust a massive mountain sized meteor with a single punch

For context the girl doesn't actually have any powers its all just JB(though she does wield him)

In terms of durability he is shown to casually tank an attack from a replica of himself capable of dishing out his exact attacks and match him blow for blow

due to perks speed is somewhat irrelevant to mention but even without it JB is casually lightning speed as shown when he fight another cursed sword in the air.

No Caption Provided

Where JB's truly shines is in his possession of various abilities

The Unmatched Versatility

With his stats established I'll get into his unmatched versatility. JB is in possession of a wide variety of powers he's displayed throughout the series. I'll get through them quick to give a pretty good idea of what JB is capable of

Soul Removal and Life Force Drain: JB is the legendary soul eater capable of draining life force and removing souls for consumption. depending on his size the range of his life force drain can be extended

Lightning manipulation and AOE: JB can create and control lightning for various purposes usually for calling lightning strikes or creating and AOE that electrocutes everything inside:

Size Manipulation and body control: JB can freely control his body(which is why he's capable of having arms and legs even though he's a sword) and can use this to manipulate his size as well. He easily dwarfs mountains while at his largest size to the point where they only really reach up to his legs

Eldritch Ray: Pretty much perfect transmutation which allows JB to turn anything into anything else whether it be new liforms tailored to have whatever ability JB wants or turning people into zombie minions.

Teleportation: pretty simple stuff here so there not much to be said. JB can teleport himself as easily as any other character in the series

Might And Magic

JB does not simply have magic qualities but instead can perform magic himself. Originally JB needed to prepare magic circles for use before performing spells but my EOS he simply does so without preparing any as he gets his memories back and his full knowledge of magic.

3D printer: JB can use his magic circles to essentially make a copy of anything he's seen before. Structures like houses, statues etc are pretty much easily replicable by the circle(This might come up later)

Space Time Magic: one of the most complex and dangerous magic types allowing the user to manipulate space and time though JB primarily uses it to summon things and people. The meteor from earlier was actually summoned by JB using this ability

As I said above by EOS JB can freely summon entities and even people from anywhere at any point by simply waving his hands up and even summon alternate version of people from multiverse without any issue's.

ADOLF HITLER: THE FUHRER OF THE 4TH REICH

No Caption Provided

The greatest despot of the 20th century, Adolf Hitler is a figure know to be behind some of the worst events in human history meeting his long awaited end by the end of the war. In the world of Mudazumonika Kaikaku this evil dictator did not meet his end during the war and returns to establish his 4th Reich not through all out war or an attack but through the simple game of.....Mahjong???

"Wait what? that doesn't sound right at all" you might say but I assure you I'm not joking. The series he's from is a game style battle Seinin centered on world leaders and famous people from throughout time playing Mahjong(The chinese tile game) to settle disputes. Now at this point you might be questioning the sense in using a mahjong series in a CAV but I assure you this not ordinary mahjong.

To start out I'll give an idea of the most fundamental aspects of the power system of the series.

Mahjong Power Level:

Being a parody series the main power used in the verse borrows heavily from stuff like dragon ball power levels and even bleach's reiatsu in the sense that it can be quantified numerically and has a system where people of higher mahjong power can harm those of lower simply by being in their presence through inducing various effects.

No Caption Provided

This effect is known as Acute Mahjong Intoxication and is shown at various points throughout the series by Hitler and many other Mahjong power level users:

The secondary use of Mahjong power level is the creation and control of Lightning/explosions or light which Steal life force from the affected target which is transferred to the user. The attack itself manifest however way the user desires(be it in the form of lightning/an explosion or simply a light) either simply appearing on the target, striking them from the sky(whether they are inside/outside or even in a dome in space, location seemingly doesn't matter) or being fired directly from the users body

This is often used as Mahjong matches in the series are to the death but most combatants are highly resistant to the electricity itself and only suffer due to the effects of the Life stealing property. This also applies to a variety of Mahjong piece based techniques that user can use instead of direct lightning.

Hitler can take on forms that boost his Mahjong power level drastically. So far being Super Aryan

No Caption Provided

and Advanced Super Aryan respectively

No Caption Provided

We're really getting our moneys worth in this being a parody...

The Greatest Sorcerer Of The 20th Century

Now that I've gotten through the basic power system I can get to Hitlers own personal abilities and techniques. Hitler was genetically altered after the war by Nazi scientist granting him a host of new abilities and seemingly slowed/stopped aging(since he's remained the same even so many years after the war). So lets get into this:

No Caption Provided

Try to his word Hitler is capable of feeling "neutrino abnormalities" allowing him to in his own words "See Time". This granted him Precognition and Retrocognition across spacetime. The 5 second limiter applies to his precognition but not to his retrocognition.

Making him even more dangerous are his mental and spiritual powers by virtual of him being the greatest sorcerer of the 20th century

In short he's able to instantly charm anyone that looks at his face into a docile state of loving him and rip out their souls with an unnamed technique as well instantly trap anyone that looks him in the eye in an illusion which also rips at their soul with twilight of the gods

His Final most important ability is the "Heisenberg Strike" where he attacks his opponent by imposing a superposition in time space where the results range from simply causing spontaneous sever hemorrhaging/damage leading to death casually to completely reducing the target to atoms at its strongest.

German Engineering

Hitler possesses both regen and resurrection. Hitler is able to completely regenerate his tongue(which he has previously bitten off) and be completely recover from spiritual damage and fatigue

after he tanked a massive attack from the Pope called "Logos":

By simply entering his Super Aryan Form

His body is durable enough to even withstand an attack called "Rising sun" which can completely disintegrate a target and even though it killed hitler he was about to resurrect himself even simply letting his soul go back into his body(though he was prevented and died due to the combined efforts of the spirits of Theodore Roosevelt, Joseph Stalin and Winston Churchill)

Conclusions and Counters

As I get into my teams strategy I'm going to lay out a few counter as to your as I go. So the first thing to get out of the way is the Location of our spawn and your decision to split up my 2 combatants.

The starting positions leave your team separated and confused, and by the time of their entry, Jack will have full control of their environment.

This here is easily remedied without much of any issue by JB alone simply by his spacetime magic to easily teleport others directly to himself as he did with the demon lords and threats from other universes. The conditions for what he need to do in order summon are extremely loose and he doesn't need to know much if any prior knowledge about them when doing so. This was shown clearly above by how broad the previous summon feat was ranging from him just saying "Demon Lords from other worlds" to what he would consider "Threats". He does so without knowing anything like they're current locations, current status etc at all. He simply sets the parameters and waves his hands up to summon meaning he can quite easily reunite with Hitler with the wave of his hand....And quite easily pull your team out from wherever they might be exactly to his location but we'll talk about this later.

Now the second issue is that of our location within a place jack can control. A lot of people like to go with favorable environment and that's really understandable but what they often fail to account for is the obvious solution to this which in our case is JB just teleporting himself and Hitler above the area(both can fly) they're in then blasting it into a desolate wasteland before either returning or simply waiting in the air. Large scale environment alteration through sheer firepower is nothing new to JB and there's really nothing stopping him from just glassing the area my team decides to stay in himself or dropping a meteor on it then hover over with Hitler.

To win your team has to track my team down across the planet despite both of them being able to move through it with incredible ease on top of being able to teleport thanks to the Carrier's door tech, and they have to do this whilst fending off continual attacks from everything around them.

So good luck.

This would have been an excellent strategy and a very tiring one but my team has no need for this kind of trouble. They've taken the metropolis out of the equation and we don't need to actually look for your team.

Why go around searching when we can set up an area by completely vaporizing the surrounding then forcibly teleport your team to them with the space time magic? This isn't even out of character for JB as it's something he has literally done before on a whim after deciding to just bring threats to himself to beat them all in 1 go.

The carrier is also something I want to address as it is a ship and considering the fact that the battle takes place in the star wars verse I don't see how or why it would be present or accessible to your team. I don't see how thier whole base of operation would be accessible as gear for them to use its functions nor how it would cross over to a different franchises location nor why it would even be mentioned. This is the equivalent of someone using a justice league member claiming that they can call on the watchtowers teleportation in a separate battle on a different franchises earth. It makes no sense to me but for clarity I'll just ask @higherpower if its allowed.

There are restrictions on using stuff like this to remove the opponent from the battle field but none on simply bringing them to you.

Keep your luck. My team won't need it

Your team may have full knowledge but that doesn't equate to them being fully prepared for being in an endless metropolis that's working against them every step of the way and actively confusing them at every turn and it also doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be able to do anything about Jenny frying their brains the second the battle begins.

And here's where I'll call back to one of the first things I mentioned in my post "Speed". From what I can gather from your post Jenny is lightning speed and Jake's speed is completely ambiguous to considering the fact that all you gave was a scan about keeping up with a speedster without ever specifying how fast said speedster is(for all I know he could be mach 6, mach 100 or FTL etc.) so I'll ignore him and talk mostly about jenny.

No Caption Provided

I've already addressed the metropolis issue above but jenny frying any of my teams brain is dubious. For one I doubt JB has a brain seeing as how he's just a sword and last time we got a glimpse at his insides he's seemingly hollow containing some sort of horrifying abomination:

I don't think there's even a brain to fry in there tbh

There's also the fact that he has his own electric powers and regularly produces large quantities of electricity from his own body.

and as for Hitler everyone in the verse is basically immune to lightning to the point where the only effective lightning is one that steals life force.

At the end of the day though Jenny is basically still limited to the tourney cap which is multi-mountain even with self amping but JB can amp himself too by draining life force from the area around him through becoming giant

Back to the speed if jenny is lightning speed then my team has a considerable advantage since both are quite a bit above that at mach 300(the maximum baseline for the tourney and that's if JB doesn't simply start draining life force from the surrounding to amp himself) meaning they are both carrying a considerable advantage in speed. They can get their main organization out of the way before jenny or jack can really start doing anything.

My teams strategy basically comes down to this:

Upon arrival JB transports himself above the initial city then Hitler to himself at which point he completely glasses the immediate area through bombardments of his laser. Both still hovering above the empty wasteland can then have JB teleport your teams combatants straight to us which is where the fun begins.

My team has full knowledge of yours's capabilities and a considerable speed advantage over them coming into combat direct. Them being teleported to Hitler exposes them to a variety of passive effects or his attacks(which he can launch faster than either of them)

• I don't see how either of your team can deal with the passive effect of Acute Mahjong Intoxication caused by Hitlers presence(which include palpitations, difficulty breathing, fainting and heavy hemorrhaging) unless you'd argue that Jenny is immune in her energy form
  • Even at that they have no specified protection from Hitler charming them to be docile passively simply if they look at him, stealing their souls or trapping them in an illusion on sight
  • The Heisenberg strike which can reduce them to atoms( and under the regen rule they would be considered KO'd even if they can regen from something like this)
  • The speed advantage also increases the likelihood of them getting nailed by JB before they can do much of anything either by him removing either of their souls or draining their lifeforce or tagging them with his transmutation ability(Eldritch ray) to turn them into rock, zombie servants or something much worst.

Now in term of just AP your team seems rather lackluster to me. Jack's combat options range from building to city level from what I can see none of which can even scratch JB who can tank attacks comparable to his own and Hitler is just faster, has precog and can atomize thing aimed at him with the Heisenberg strike while jenny's lighting isn't really going to be effective even of she amps since JB can just amp himself too by absorption.

My teams strategy favors direct combat which JB is easily capable of facilitating by teleporting your team to us at which point your team gets bombarded by passive effects and attacks capable of screwing them over entirely.

So you're essentially playing an impossible game of hide-and-seek where the hiders are sniping you from across the planet.

Your playing game of hide and seek with people that can instantly force you out of your hiding place directly to they're location(which would be a barren wasteland devoid of the city you need to fight effectively), know everything you are capable of/what to watch out for, are as fast or faster than you(one of which has precog) and who's presence alone nets near certain death.

I'm sorry to say but

No Caption Provided

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: Props for picking Jack and Coruscant, it is one of my favorite strats.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DedmanWalkin: Thanks, he’s a character I’ve wanted to talk about for a while.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Counters | The Authority

No Caption Provided

Stats

Let's get this out the way first.

From what I can gather from your post Jenny is lightning speed and Jake's speed is completely ambiguous to considering the fact that all you gave was a scan about keeping up with a speedster without ever specifying how fast said speedster is(for all I know he could be mach 6, mach 100 or FTL etc.) so I'll ignore him and talk mostly about jenny.

Didn't really bother going over Jack's speed in detail so I don't blame you. The speedster Jack fought doesn't have many feats, but his peer in Midnighter has a similar showing against a speedster who does, Impetus, taking him down without having access to his usual precognition. Impetus is fast enough to appear everywhere at once on the 35-mile wide and 50-mile long Carrier, a feat comfortably putting him in the vicinity of the upper limits of this tourney. Though as I said in my last post, these members of the Authority are generally peers in stats anyways.

Back to the speed if jenny is lightning speed then my team has a considerable advantage since both are quite a bit above that at mach 300(the maximum baseline for the tourney and that's if JB doesn't simply start draining life force from the surrounding to amp himself) meaning they are both carrying a considerable advantage in speed. They can get their main organization out of the way before jenny or jack can really start doing anything.

This is untrue. For one, the tourney doesn't allow for speed amping, but more importantly, mach 300 is in no way a significant or even noticeable increase in speed compared to the speed of lightning. That's kinda the entire point, the tourney is supposed to cap at lightning speeds, Mach 300 is just a nicer number and allows for some wiggle room. The actual difference between mach 300 and mach 286 is 5% which is negligible.

Now in term of justAPyour team seems rather lackluster to me.Jack'scombat options range from building to city level from what I can see none of which can even scratch JB who can tank attacks comparable to his own

I fail to see how given that I showed Jack dismembering characters who tanked mountain-level explosions with his bare hands, not even touching on his city manipulation which he often uses when his fists aren't enough. Jenny's showings speak for themselves, she is at the limits here and there's no real room for debate there. Arguing for a power advantage at all is strange to me, given that JBs feats are mountain-level, which whilst obviously impressive isn't game-breaking, and Hitler is sorely lacking in any feats of power at all. I know he's hax based but still, you showed zero feats of power and his single durability feat is genuinely just unimpressive, without any further shots to demonstrate the scale I'd say it's maybe town level? As is I'd be hard-pressed to say it's much better than the feat from the Gamorran supersoldiers, who Jenny and Jack both one-shotted numerous times with ease.

In regards to Jack's city attacks, I'd like to point out that the AP of his attacks with city structures isn't actually proportional to the amount of material he uses. A perfect example of this is him mutilating these same Gamorra super soldiers with walls and glass, despite them being obviously and hilariously above even building level. Jack has even said that a relatively small building fist would hit harder than he does. When controlling actually massive city structures, like when he turned Tokyo city into a giant mech, he was able to stomp 70th Century Kansas City, despite it no-selling a dozen nukes and shrugging off Jenny's mountain-sized lightning blast earlier in the same issue. So whether it's a smaller part of city infrastructure or entire buildings and city blocks being thrown at you, they're packing a punch either way.

Sparks

Your only counter to getting blasted by Jenny is your characters' supposed "immunity" to lightning, which I am current unconvinced of. Let's start with JB.

I've already addressed the metropolis issue above but jenny frying any of my teams brain is dubious. For one I doubt JB has a brain seeing as how he's just a sword and last time we got a glimpse at his insides he's seemingly hollow containing some sort of horrifying abomination:

This doesn't exactly sell me. Though JB is technically a sword they very clearly have some biological functions, limbs and sensory organs and such, so I see no reason why they would just not have a brain or some kind of central nervous system just because they're a "monster".

There's also the fact that he has his own electric powers and regularly produces large quantities of electricity from his own body.

Having lightning powers does not magically make you immune to lightning. Sure, there are some characters like Laxus for which that is true, but the burden of proof is on you there. JB isn't no-selling multi-mountain level lightning bolts just because he said he was going to shoot lightning out of his hands those two times.

and as for Hitler everyone in the verse is basically immune to lightning to the point where the only effective lightning is one that steals life force.

This is even worse. First off, this lightning is really really just completely fearless from what you've shown. Tanking "lightning" does not somehow make you immune to all electrical abilities regardless of scale. Unless you're seriously trying to tell me that fodders in this verse are going to no-sell Indra's Arrow or blasts from cosmic Thor.

Secondly, I'd question whether this lightning is even a physical attack, to begin with. From what I can tell, this is some straight-up Yugioh-type "Urgh! I've lost my life points!" deal where it's intrinsically tied to their Mahjong games. I know that their powers extend beyond the game and whatever but you've genuinely presented zero bases upon which to claim that this lightning does in fact do physical damage, only everyone is immune I promise, as opposed to the far more likely explanation that the lightning that steals life points does in fact just steal life points. In all the examples I've seen the lightning never does any physical damage, even in the example you showed, it didn't even break the chair the guy was sitting on. Now, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about this, I'm not an expert on this verse after all, but in that case, we're just back to the first point. Unless you can show Hitler tanking lightning attacks that are actually close to Jenny in power then he's just gonna get charred.

That aside, I do want to point out that Jenny has options beyond simply shocking folk. Her manipulation of all forms of electricity means that she can also manipulate the electrical energy inside someone's brain, draining it entirely and just making them brain-dead. So even if they really were both immune to electrical attacks, and that's a big ass if, that would still do absolutely nothing to prevent Jenny from just draining their bodies of electrical energy, instantly halting the functions of their brains and central nervous systems.

Figured I'll talk about this here too.

The carrieris also something I want to address as it is a ship and considering the fact that the battle takes place in the star wars verse I don't see how or why it would be present or accessible to your team. I don't see how thier whole base of operation would be accessible as gear for them to use its functions nor how it would cross over to a different franchises location nor why it would even be mentioned. This is the equivalent of someone using a justice league member claiming that they can call on the watchtowers teleportation in a separate battle on a different franchises earth. It makes no sense to me but for clarity I'll just ask@higherpowerif its allowed.

It's not actually an issue. You're right that the carrier itself isn't "standard gear" so to speak, but it doesn't need to be here to be useful as it can open doors across all alternate dimensions and universes. There's even a time when it accidentally takes the Authority to the "real world". So they should be more than able to still use their doors on Coruscant.

Skirmish

So let's address the elephant in the room. Yes, JB's weird and admittedly quite funny space-time summoning does prevent my team from enacting the hide and seek strategy I had planned. Though a little annoying, this isn't actually as hampering as you might expect.

Now the second issue is that of our location within a place jack can control. A lot of people like to go with favorable environment and that's really understandable but what they often fail to account for is the obvious solution to this which in our case is JB just teleporting himself and Hitler above the area(both can fly) they're in then blasting it into a desolate wasteland before either returning or simply waiting in the air. Large scale environment alteration through sheer firepower isnothing new to JBand there's really nothing stopping him from just glassing the area my team decides to stay in himself or dropping a meteor on it then hover over with Hitler.

First and foremost, this simply is not a viable strategy. The entire planet is the city, including an undercity that extends deep below the crust and almost reaches the core of the planet. JB can blow up as much as they please, all that's behind, or below or around it is just... more city. That's the beauty of this battlefield and why Jack is so dangerous here, outside of outright BFR it just isn't possible to remove him from the city because there is nowhere on this entire planet that isn't the city. So even if JB did this, it would accomplish nothing.

Upon arrival JB transports himself above the initial city then Hitler to himself at which point he completely glasses the immediate area through bombardments of his laser. Both still hovering above the empty wasteland can then have JB teleport your teams combatants straight to us which is where the fun begins.

My team has full knowledge of yours's capabilities and a considerable speed advantage over them coming into combat direct. Them being teleported to Hitler exposes them to a variety of passive effects or his attacks(which he can launch faster than either of them)

Secondly, this entire sequence of events is unrealistic given the starting conditions of this battle. Your strategy relies on your team doing a few things before engaging Jack and Jenny, some of which you haven’t addressed. The way I see it, it'll go something like this:

1. Spawn in and take in their environment.
  2. Hitler takes his head out of the toilet.
  3. Realise their teammate is missing.
  4. Hitler will be confused and I assume start planning and considering his options but JB will probably just summon him down to level 1313.
  5. Might be confused by that, might not, but they will then recognise relatively quickly that they’re in the middle of a city of some kind and that’s not great given Jack's abilities.
  6. JB teleports them to the surface to get out from 1313, which I assume he can make in one shot.
  7. JB then drops a meteor or an energy blast to destroy the nearby area.
  8. Then he summons Jack and Jenny and he and Hitler attack them.

It’s easy to think of this as something they’ll do “instantly”, but when you actually break it down the only universe in which they get away with this is if you assume Jack and Jenny are literally just twiddling their thumbs doing sweet FA during all 8 of these steps. Which is not the case. You’ve failed to address the key factor of the initiative that comes with prep time and knowledge of the battlefield because what’s actually going to happen is that they’ll both be attacked during step 1, long before they have time to gather their bearings and regroup and make plans. I’m aware that your plans are very simple and hardly lengthy but they still require some time, and even a minute or two is time they do not have. The second the battle begins they’re going to start getting attacked and crushed by the buildings they’re in on top of getting a very nasty electric shock.

That aside, there are also a few issues with your strategy. You don’t have a "no friendly fire perk" so all of Hitler’s passive effects will hit JB long before they hit my team; how exactly are they dealing with those? Because if they can’t then Hitler just takes out JB before he even gets to fight my team, right? Similarly, JB’s hax isn’t all that easy to use. The transmutation beam can easily be blocked by any part of the city morphed by Jack since from what you’ve shown it doesn’t penetrate and just affects the first thing it hits, and their soul ripping from the scans you’ve shown is limited to melee range, which Jack and Jenny have no intention of getting into and they should be able to easily avoid doing so via their mobility options of phasing/moving through electronics and teleportation. Not to mention that one of the scans you showed had someone simply knock the sword away and stop their soul from getting sucked out that way relatively easily. Also, it's my understanding that Hitler can't simply will Heisenberg Strikes of maximum magnitude into existence, he needs to actively superimpose objects or ideas to pull this off, hence why others were able to avoid taking his full force by avoiding those situations in their Mahjong games. It's not a debilitating flaw but it's just another hurdle that will slow down their assault when they really can't afford to.

Current Thoughts

All in all, if this was a straight fight Hitler and JB would have much better odds but with the circumstances of the battle being what they are, they're basically being split up and surprise attacked and there's a very good chance that they just get killed before they can really regroup. Even if they did regroup by your own arguments Hitler's Mahjong power would take out JB accidentally and at that point, he'd be left with no way of ever tracking down Jack or Jenny and would just be blasted from a range until he died.

Even if by some miracle they successfully managed to team up and get Jack and Jenny to them, Hitler is much weaker than the other three combatants in terms of power/durability and is a weak link there as both members of my team could kill him relatively easily, and irrespective of stats or supposed immunities, Jenny can always just drain their brains of electrical activity and just make them mental vegetables.

But that won't happen because this battle begins with Jack warping the city around them, distorting gravity and their perceptions as they're assaulted by the very floors they walk on and shocked into submission by Jenny's lightning. Full knowledge or not, I don't how they (Hitler especially) cope with that long enough to turn the battle around in their favour.

No Caption Provided

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Due Revamped//Counters

No Caption Provided

Stats and Sparks

Didn't really bother going over Jack's speed in detail so I don't blame you. The speedster Jack fought doesn't have many feats, but his peer in Midnighter has a similar showing against a speedster who does, Impetus,taking him downwithout having access to his usual precognition. Impetus is fast enough to appeareverywhere at onceon the 35-mile wide and 50-mile long Carrier, a feat comfortably putting him in the vicinity of the upper limits of this tourney. Though as I said in my last post, these members of the Authority are generally peers in stats anyways.

In the very scan you show someone mentions that the speedster appearing to be everywhere is not by normal means which infers that it's not just by speed seeing as how it's mentioned that he's a speedster already.

This is then further made clear by the fact that said speedster is having a fight/beating up someone in a very specific spot at that very time this is being said which is shown in the very next panel

No Caption Provided

But also you're ignoring the fact that midnighters able to do so because even without his battle computer from the way he was talking its clear that he took him out by planning on it(he goes out of his way to list different factors) that regularly allows him to take on speedster who are he even specifically say are faster than him. Midnighter having precog tell him exactly where to be and what to do to stop the speedster is in no way an indication of his own pure speed which jack would scale to.

Hell even the claim of him being close enough peers to midnighter is dubius to me since in the very scan you posted the only hit Jack got in that landed was one that Midnighter allowed

No Caption Provided

Frankly Jack's speed is still completely shacky to me in all aspects from the initial speedsters feat to midnighter reacting to that and all the way to how comparable jack is to midnighter.

This feat and the scaling involved then get even further muddied by the fact that You never actually quantified it. You just gave the carriers length and width without actually quantifying the feat into actual speed(just a vague notion that it is somewhere in the upper limits of the tourney) which get kinda bad when we do try and quantify it:

Under the impression that the feat is done purely through speed and not unnatural means that only make it seem that way like I suggest then he would be moving so fast that someone with tech as advanced as angela and the carrier itself couldn't track him and only seemed to get the impression that he was everywhere at once. Assuming angela and the ship's means of getting sensory data are themselves capable of capturing images/sensing things at rate simply that of the most impressive high speed cameras of today or simply due to the fact that angela herself is superhuman then blitzing them to such a degree would net values way beyond the limits of this tourney

Simply put even assuming it's valid in the way you think it is, this feat was left unquantified by you and if it wasn't it would possibly be over the limits.

This is untrue. For one, the tourney doesn't allow for speed amping, but more importantly, mach 300 is in no way a significant or even noticeable increase in speed compared to the speed of lightning. That's kinda the entire point, the tourney is supposed to cap at lightning speeds, Mach 300 is just a nicer number and allows for some wiggle room. The actual difference between mach 300 and mach 286 is5%which is negligible.

The speed difference is an advantage in the sense that the character's I'm using like JB have abilities like teleportation while hitler already has precog, the difference in speed also adds validity to them dodging and evading your attacks through the added effects of these powers.

I fail to see how given that I showed Jack dismembering characters who tanked mountain-level explosions with his bare hands, not even touching on his city manipulation which he often uses when his fists aren't enough.

I'm not really seeing how that's the case at all. Specifically A mushroom cloud is no indication or proof of the actual explosion that Angie tanks potency. If it were then the explosion could potentially be well beyond mountain level when we judged it simply because of how large the mushroom cloud was. You never really gave any showing that would allow you draw the conclusion that it was mountain level in the first place just an image of a mushroom cloud and no real quantification for it. Are the peaks behind the explosion hills, sand dunes or mountains themselves? you never really gave any info to go off and just an assumption.

When JB bust's a mountain we know it's a mountain and they are called that specifically but even without that the feats there are simply more clear cut rather than a mushroom cloud of dubious potency.

When controlling actually massive city structures, like when he turned Tokyo city into a giant mech, he was able tostomp 70th Century Kansas City, despite itno-selling a dozen nukesand shrugging off Jenny's mountain-sized lightning blast earlier in the same issue. So whether it's a smaller part of city infrastructure or entire buildings and city blocks being thrown at you, they're packing a punch either way.

Your ignoring the fact that conventional weapons were like the nukes were useless and ineffective because they seemingly were stopped before they even touched the damn city. It seemingly has some form of defense preventing the nukes from actually hitting it.

No Caption Provided

while the city itself was getting effected and torn up by no name featless superhumans of all kinds

No Caption Provided

The City didn't "No sell" the nukes they never even touched the damn thing.

But back to jenny there something that you don't really address and its that Mountain sized =/= Mountain level. Her attack being mountain sized doesn't really mean anything if it has no feat of actually busting anything to begin with. Just being a big AOE doesn't mean it can bust a mountain unless feats are provided though the more pressing matter is that for her to even use lightning of that power at the ridiculous range you presented before she actually need to absorb/take control of that much lightning which she can't do while under the current Limits of multi mountain levels of power. The only scan you showed for her using Lightning at such a range required that she used lightning from that source at a level of power way over the tourney limits which you yourself even acknowledge in the post:

"but tourney rules cap her at multi-mountain level. Shame."

This doesn't exactly sell me. Though JB is technically a sword they very clearly have some biological functions, limbs and sensory organs and such, so I see no reason why they would just not have a brain or some kind of central nervous system just because they're a "monster".

JB "Biology" begins and ends when a joke is necessary;

To give an idea. Earlier on in the series JB was melted down because the group of bas guys wanted to extract what they thought would be the philosopher stone(turned out to be a kidney stone though an abnormally looking one and only a kidney stone in name from their machine since JB doesn't even eat food and eats souls and lifeforce instead) which they assumed was merged with his body. The result was him basically becoming a disembodied liquid.

I highly doubt that JB has anything resembling or related to a nervous system or conventional organs and this makes sense since he's not a monster, he's a cursed sword.

JB's "Biology" is pretty much anything but biology:

No Caption Provided

Having lightning powers does not magically make you immune to lightning. Sure, there are some characters like Laxus for which that is true, but the burden of proof is on you there. JB isn't no-selling multi-mountain level lightning bolts just because he said he was going to shoot lightning out of his hands those two times.

I'd assumed he'd be immune since his main lightning attack which he created is to create an AOE around himself and electrocute everything inside

No Caption Provided

Also she doesn't have the range to actually reach him off the bat due to the Limit(as already outlined above) and when they are in combat JB can just dodge easily He can already keep up with lightning timer with the perk he's faster and your team is constantly suffering from the effects of Hitler Mahjong Power Level.

From what I can tell, this is some straight-up Yugioh-type "Urgh! I've lost my life points!" deal where it's intrinsically tied to their Mahjong games. I know that their powers extend beyond the game and whatever but you've genuinely presented zero bases upon which to claim that this lightning does in fact do physical damage, only everyone is immune I promise, as opposed to the far more likely explanation that the lightning that steals life points does in fact just steal life points.

The Lightning is just extension of the Mahjong abilities used in the series like which they can choose the form it comes in. Rising sun for example has been used in the form of both the light, the lightning and the explosion which usually comes after.

We know rising sun does physical damage as it completely disintegrated Lenin later in the series

But Hitlers body tanked and even stronger Final Rising Sun which uses the lightning as well as the explosion(though he succumbed to the life steal) without any issue(sorry for how long this image chain is the manga literally used up a full chapter just spelling out FINAL RISING SUN!!!)

Hell the Lightning can even send a person flying so clearly it's got physical damage attached to it

We know that Rising sun causes physical damage(Shown with Lenin) and uses the Lightning, explosion and light and Hitler tanked an even stronger version of it(The Final rising sun) so it's very clear that the Lightning causes physical damage.

That aside, I do want to point out that Jenny has options beyond simply shocking folk. Her manipulation of all forms of electricity means thatshe can also manipulate the electrical energy inside someone's brain, draining it entirely and just making them brain-dead. So evenifthey really were both immune to electrical attacks, and that's a big ass if, that would still do absolutely nothing to prevent Jenny from just draining their bodies of electrical energy, instantly halting the functions of their brains and central nervous systems.

JB again likely doesn't have anything akin to a brain and if it did It would run on magic energy like everything else about him. I'd also like to point out that you're yet to even show feats of her doing this at a significant distance(assuming that of she could she could stun a lot of threats in the wildstorm verse at a distance with a handwave but she literally never does) and even if she did Hitler would just resurrect as well as have JB would heal him with the Dashi(a japanese cooking stock made of either dried kelp or dried tuna)sweat he can secret(showing again that "Biology" is a suggestion rather than a hard rule).

It's not actually an issue. You're right that the carrier itself isn't "standard gear" so to speak, but it doesn't need to be here to be useful as it can open doors across all alternate dimensions and universes. There's even a time when it accidentally takes the Authority to the "real world". So they should be more than able to still use their doors on Coruscant.

I'm still not convinced at all. The entire base can't be considered standard gear and even if it can access "The real world" in relation to the Wildstorm/DC verse it doesn't really mean much in accessing a different franchise most of which when referring to the "Real world" only really work in relation to their own stories.

Though if we must go with this then sure enough JB can teleport either of them at any given point back to where we need them to be with the raise of his hand(unless you're going to try and go to another dimension etc. which he can still retrieve you from but would also be self BFR).

The Fight At Hand

I'll start off just going through my own counters and a few comments here and there:

First and foremost, this simply is not a viable strategy. The entire planet is the city, including an undercity that extends deep below the crust and almost reaches the core of the planet. JB can blow up as much as they please, all that's behind, or below or around it is just... more city. That's the beauty of this battlefield and why Jack is so dangerous here, outside of outright BFR it just isn't possible to remove him from the city because there is nowhere on this entire planet that isn't the city. So even if JB did this, it would accomplish nothing.

You're not getting my point both JB and Hitler would be hovering far above the city the sky as both can fly and would likely be in the air which is why I repeatedly emphasized that they would be hovering. There might be nowhere in on the land that's not got some form of city but this becomes mute when both are teleported considerably high enough for it not to even matter.

Since the limit is beyond the upper atmosphere there pretty much a free range for hitler and JB to hover at ranging from 85 - 500+ km at max(JB doesn't really need to breath, hell he even lacks the organs for that and comparable Mahjong players to Hitler can even survive at least temporarily on the moon though he was already severely injured)

Secondly, this entire sequence of events is unrealistic given the starting conditions of this battle. Your strategy relies on your team doing a few things before engaging Jack and Jenny, some of which you haven’t addressed. The way I see it, it'll go something like this:

1. Spawn in and take in their environment.
  2. Hitler takes his head out of the toilet.
  3. Realise their teammate is missing.
  4. Hitler will be confused and I assume start planning and considering his options but JB will probably just summon him down to level 1313.
  5. Might be confused by that, might not, but they will then recognise relatively quickly that they’re in the middle of a city of some kind and that’s not great given Jack's abilities.
  6. JB teleports them to the surface to get out from 1313, which I assume he can make in one shot.
  7. JB then drops a meteor or an energy blast to destroy the nearby area.
  8. Then he summons Jack and Jenny and he and Hitler attack them.

It’s easy to think of this as something they’ll do “instantly”, but when you actually break it down the only universe in which they get away with this is if you assume Jack and Jenny are literally just twiddling their thumbs doing sweet FA during all 8 of these steps. Which is not the case. You’ve failed to address the key factor of the initiative that comes with prep time and knowledge of the battlefield because what’s actually going to happen is that they’ll both be attacked during step 1, long before they have time to gather their bearings and regroup and make plans. I’m aware that your plans are very simple and hardly lengthy but they still requiresometime, and even a minute or two is time they do not have. The second the battle begins they’re going to start getting attacked and crushed by the buildings they’re in on top of getting a very nasty electric shock.

Well no, it's just easy for JB. All it takes is him simply raising his hand to summon hitler and he himself can teleport extremely easily.

You're making a fundamental mistake in your observation and lay out of steps. The fact of the matter is that Hitler's start is irrelevant since he and JB would be summoned at the same time not one after the other so all that really matter is what JB does. The real set of events would go down as this

1>Both spawn

2>JB's self Teleportation is pretty much instant like any other person in the verse so him reaching the the surface or high into the sky is going to happen instantly not even a much of a moment after At the same time you outline Hitler is supposedly takes his head out of the toilet.

No Caption Provided

3>JB teleports Hitler to his location right then into the sky(simply raising his hands) - At the same time they realize their teammate is missing(because that's what he's going to do)

4>JB then razes the city below(All it takes is a single moment and he can fire multiple lasers at once, at least 12 each of which can bust mountains)

No Caption Provided

5>JB summons jack and jenny into the air with them

You are very much overestimating what actually needs to be done to get them in position before summoning jack and jenny and are stacking what Hitler might be doing to emphasis that when all that matter is what JB does since both are going to be summoned at the same time doing things in tandem.

The steps you've outlined are grossly overinflated to make a false impression that my team has a stupidly long list of things to do when its all down to 4 things(not counting the moment of spawning in)

You don’t have a "no friendly fire perk" so all of Hitler’s passive effects will hit JB long before they hit my team; how exactly are they dealing with those?

Mahjong power level can be kept to not harm other individuals which is generally shown in most matches and is why people can actually go out to watch Mahjong without just dying while the contestants play. Though this also occurred when Hitler killed his own nazi's but left one alive to tell the tale

No Caption Provided

So essentially This isn't an issue since Hitler can designate what does and doesn't get affected by his Mahjong power.

The transmutation beam can easily be blocked by any part of the city morphed by Jack since from what you’ve shown it doesn’t penetrate and just affects the first thing it hits, and their soul ripping from the scans you’ve shown is limited to melee range, which Jack and Jenny have no intention of getting into and they should be able to easily avoid doing so via their mobility options of phasing/moving through electronics and teleportation.

So I'll go over this one at a time:

• City morphing blocking: not going to happen fast enough as both Jack and jenny are going to be BFR into the sky as I've been saying which means getting buildings or building parts for jack in particular to use to block would be too late before JB just Blast him or teleports behind him to blast him
  • Phasing/moving through electronic: I'm rather sure that Jenny turning into electricity to phase isn't going to stop an attack which effects the soul rather than the body and drains life force which both have nothing to do with body damage(unless you've got feats to back this up), JB can get into melee range at any point through his own teleportation and since she's being summoned directly into the sky there are no electronics nearby for her to use that not going to happen fast enough
  • Mobility: Both Hitler and JB are just as mobile as anyone on your team to keep up and JB can teleport himself as well as forcefully teleport them to him at any time while Hitler has precog.

All of this is happening while Hitlers passive's are active(causing both to faint, suffer heavy hemorrhaging and be disoriented with heart palpitations and difficulty breathing) and passively charms your team with a glance or locks them in an illusion on sight

Not to mention that one of the scans you showed had someone simply knock the sword away and stop their soul from getting sucked out that way relatively easily.

It isn't... Monika(the girl using the sword) isn't actually trying to kill the guy its being used on (Lucas her brother) she's only trying to show him what the sword can do and if she had dropped the sword while this was going on it would have eaten his soul meaning that she is actively preventing that from happening and what even prevents it from fully taking his soul

No Caption Provided

Hitting it away is a terrible idea and the only reason it worked here is because monika is actively restricting it and not trying to kill the person.

also, it's my understanding that Hitler can't simply will Heisenberg Strikes of maximum magnitude into existence, he needs to actively superimpose objects or ideas to pull this off, hence why others were able to avoid taking his full force by avoiding those situations in their Mahjong games.

It simply because Hitler want to play mahjong, It seemingly just a factor of the setting. It's why Hitler doesn't just take over the world by Mahjong crushing everyone instead of actually having matches.

But either way in Advanced Super Aryan Hitler can directly set and control the pieces as he wishes;

All in all, if this was a straight fight Hitler and JB would have much better odds but with the circumstances of the battle being what they are, they're basically being split up and surprise attacked and there's a very good chance that they just get killed before they can really regroup.

This is unlikely as I've said above the steps you proposed were grossly inflated with stuff like what hitler would be doing when he and JB would spawn at the same time meaning only what JB does would matter as he is the one summoning hitler and has instant personal teleportation.

Even if they did regroup by your own arguments Hitler's Mahjong power would take out JB accidentally and at that point, he'd be left with no way of ever tracking down Jack or Jenny and would just be blasted from a range until he died.

Not the case as Hitler can designate what gets affected by his Mahjong power.

Even if by some miracle they successfully managed to team up and get Jack and Jenny to them, Hitler is much weaker than the other three combatants in terms of power/durability and is a weak link there as both members of my team could kill him relatively easily, and irrespective of stats or supposed immunities, Jenny can always just drain their brains of electrical activity and just make them mental vegetables.

Hitler can resurrect and JB can heal his body but even at that he is still going to passively knock out your team on arrival.

But even ignoring that you simply haven't addressed the fact that either of your team would be instantly charmed by the sight of Hitler alone(at which point he can steal thier souls) and the fact that he can put any of them in an illusion on sight alone.

Throughout your rebuttal you've near completely disregarded Hitlers mental and spiritual abilities in their fullest without any counter in sight.

You've also been very light on addressing how they deal with Acute Mahjong Intoxication which would make them pass out while causing them to severally hemorrhage.

You seem to be under the impression that when they pull jenny and jack to thier location that jenny would be faster on the draw to fry his brain before getting floored by any of his passive effects which is just frankly wrong.

But that won't happen because this battle begins with Jack warping the city around them, distorting gravity andtheir perceptionsas they're assaulted by the very floors they walk on and shocked into submission by Jenny's lightning. Full knowledge or not, I don't how they (Hitler especially) cope with that long enough to turn the battle around in their favour.

JB is just going to insta teleport into the air much higher above the cities and then pull hitler to himself.

My Conclusion

You've kinda heavily overestimated a few things. That being Jacks speed which is still dubious, Jennies AP/range and the amount of steps necessary to get my team ready for the main fight.

Jack speed is dubious for the reasons I've outlined above(the speedster specifically being said to be appearing everywhere at once not being through ordinary means in context of them already having said he's a speedster compounded by use being shown that he's been at basically on place the whole time beating someone and then midnighter scaling being dubious in itself since he still relied on anticipation and jack only even hit him like that cause he allowed it) but ignoring that you never actually quantified the feats this scaling chain relies on(just gave vague assumption that it would be somewhere at the tourney limits) and if it were quantified it would likely be above tourney limits

Jennies AP range is dubious because Size =/= AP(an attack can range a city but not be city level) and the fact that due to the restrictions on multi mountain levels of fire power with absorption she's not even going to be able to get lightning out at the range of my teams starting point from the get go since that kind of range is going to necessitate that kind of output/energy absorbed(as shown with her only extreme ranged feat being with the level of that kind of power) before JB simply teleports them

The steps you outlined were simply padded by you somewhat presenting them as if Hitler and JB aren't starting at the same time. Teleportation is a pretty much instant process which JB can accomplish with ease getting him and Hitler out of their respective start locations(For JB to teleport himself all it takes is a though and for him to teleport Hitler all it takes is a raising of his hand).

You've never really addressed a very pressing matter and that's the fact that once summoned Hitler can auto charm both of your team into passivity or trap them in an illusion on sight leaving room for him to either steal their souls or have JB finish them off. You never really addressed this part of Hitlers arsenal in any capacity so either you forgot or didn't see it.

There's just a lot that's left up with no real quantification on you're end. I'm not asking you to calc every single feats and visuals are fine but they just lack real means of really identifying anything usable about them and only really rely on assumptions.

No Caption Provided

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: no problem about the wait for your post it's was very good. Mines up now

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Authority | Closing Post

Before I touch on anything else, I really do want to emphasise something because it should have been clear from my opener, I reiterated it again in my last post, and you have still entirely ignored it:

Your team does not get the first move.

It's a simple thing in concept but in this particular debate, it is incredibly important because every single one of your strategies without exception relies on the unspoken idea that JB and Hitler can regroup and summon Jenny and Jack to them in a more favourable position before they get attacked, which is simply impossible. The entire point of the initial setup is that your team are separated and unprepared as Jack and Jenny attack them the second the battle begins, and not once in this debate have you even attempted to explain how exactly they will get through this initial assault.

You are very much overestimating what actually needs to be done to get them in position before summoning jack and jenny and are stacking what Hitler might be doing to emphasis that when all that matter is what JB does since both are going to be summoned at the same time doing things in tandem.

The steps you've outlined are grossly overinflated to make a false impression that my team has a stupidly long list of things to do when its all down to 4 things(not counting the moment of spawning in)

Mate, it literally does not matter how many steps it is. You have missed the point entirely. The fact that there are any steps that they need to take before they're ready to fight under the conditions you've been arguing for is the problem because they won't actually get the chance to do any of that. Before Step 1 there is a fundamental Step 0, "fend off Jenny and Jack's attacks" that you have repeatedly ignored.

There's also a further issue of knowledge. Your arguments are worded as if JB and Hitler will instantly spring into a perfect plan of action, but that's just not happening either.

1>Both spawn

2>JB's self Teleportation is pretty much instant like any other person in the verse so him reaching the the surface or high into the sky is going to happen instantly not even a much of a moment after At the same time you outline Hitler is supposedly takes his head out of the toilet.

3>JB teleports Hitler to his location right then into the sky(simply raising his hands) - At the same time they realize their teammate is missing(because that's what he's going to do)

4>JB then razes the city below(All it takes is a single moment and he can fire multiple lasers at once, at least 12 each of which can bust mountains)

This reads as if they're coming into this battle instantly knowing exactly what to do to set up the perfect situation, but let's be clear here; they have full knowledge of my team's powers, not their plans. Let's take JB for example. He spawns in the middle of a dark bar a few thousand levels down into the planet with no one in immediate sight, so he doesn't know where Hitler is, he doesn't know where his opponents are, and most importantly he doesn't know where he is. He's not instantaneously teleporting a few thousand km up into the sky because he doesn't know that's where the sky is. He has no knowledge of the battlefield and therefore no concept of his own geography. You have shown a grand total of zero sensory feats for either character, so as far as I am concerned the far more likely scenario is that he'd move (or teleport) around the nearby area to try and find something or someone. And though you skipped it out he does need to notice that Hitler is missing. He's not teleporting his teammate to himself just because he doesn't spot him the first 0.3 seconds of the match, that's preposterous. Any rational being would at least do the bare minimum of looking around the room, if not the surrounding area first, and if you have a reason to think JB would act different then that's something you should have brought up at any point before now.

So let's look at this realistically. JB spawns, has a quick look around and realises Hitler is missing, teleports the Nazi to himself and then teleports them both... somewhere. Again, they're thousands of kilometres below the surface of the planet, a fact they do not know, so even if they surmise that they're underground it's going to take some trial and error to actually get out, something they'll naturally want to do given their knowledge on Jack's capabilities.

However, as I have said and will continue to say, none of that will happen because what actually happens is that JB spawns and then the bar he's sitting in tries to eat him. That is the actual situation you need to be addressing, and you have failed categorically to do so. I would love to actually discuss how your team might try and get out of their initial predicament but you've ignored it so long that this is my last post.

Loading Video...

Stats

I have to say, your arguments here are... weird. There's such a thing as a healthy scepticism but your arguments here (and only here mind you) go beyond that and into the realm of what honestly just feels like nitpicking. As an example:

I'm not really seeing how that's the case at all. Specifically A mushroom cloud is no indication or proof of the actual explosion that Angie tanks potency. If it were then the explosion could potentially be well beyond mountain level when we judged it simply because of how large the mushroom cloud was. You never really gave any showing that would allow you draw the conclusion that it was mountain level in the first place just an image of a mushroom cloud and no real quantification for it. Are the peaks behind the explosion hills, sand dunes or mountains themselves? you never really gave any info to go off and just an assumption.

When JB bust's a mountain we know it's a mountain and they are called that specifically but even without that the feats there are simply more clear cut rather than a mushroom cloud of dubious potency.

The feat in question is one where Angie face tanks an explosion that's very clearly comparable in size to the mountains in the background of the shot, and yet you stand by your initial statement that dismembering characters of this level is "lacklustre" because... it's an assumption? Like I'm genuinely trying to understand what your issue with the feat is but nowhere in that entire paragraph is an actual solid critique. This counter really just boils down to "well I don't really think it's mountain level". Which isn't a counter. Here's another example.

But back to jenny there something that you don't really address and its that Mountain sized =/= Mountain level. Her attack being mountain sized doesn't really mean anything if it has no feat of actually busting anything to begin with. Just being a big AOE doesn't mean it can bust a mountain unless feats are provided

How do I know that a mountain-sized lightning bolt is mountain level? Mate. Because it's mountain-sized. That, by definition, puts it in the mountain level tier. Though frankly, Jenny doesn't need to "bust" anything hear, nor have I argued her doing so. What I've actually been arguing for is her electrocuting your team, which is why I've used words like "charred" to describe what will happen. That said, I will say that Jenny's lightning bolts generally do destroy things relative to their size, whether that's a building or God's brain. Lastly, we have this gem.

Your ignoring the fact that conventional weapons were like the nukes were useless and ineffective because they seemingly were stopped before they even touched the damn city. It seemingly has some form of defense preventing the nukes from actually hitting it.

while the city itself was getting effected and torn up by no name featless superhumans of all kinds

The City didn't "No sell" the nukes they never even touched the damn thing.

Once again, the answer is hilariously obvious. If the city has defences that nukes couldn't get through, then guess what that means? It means that Jack with the Tokyo battlesuit clearly hits much harder than nukes, given that he wrecked it in a page flat. What exactly do you think happened? That Kansas very carefully blocked the nukes and then turned off its shields so that Jack could kill it easier? Come on now. Not to mention, and I really don't get how you didn't notice this, but mate the very fact that the featless and unnamed superhumans are in fact featless means that bringing them up is irrelevant. You can not even begin to imply that "well it got broken by these characters so clearly it's not all that" when this is literally the single appearance of all of them. Like, if they broke something that took a nuke that would just be a feat for them because how could it possibly be anything else?

[Slightly unrelated but the page that you posted also stated that Kansas could destroy the world in 72 hours, which (going by continents only) would mean destroying a city-sized area every second, and that does not account for the obvious travel time which would make that figure higher. I'm not exactly wanking here.]

All of these counters feel very wishy-washy, and I can't nail down any actual issues you have beyond just not really liking the feats. Which is your prerogative I suppose but doesn't really help in a debate. Not to mention, they all feel exceedingly hypocritical when you literally have the weakest character here by a mile in Hitler, a fact I brought up in my last post that you promptly ignored. Just a reminder, the only feat of his worth anything is this:

No Caption Provided

A feat for which the more I look at it the more I'm convinced is not significantly better that the Gamorran feat, which no matter your opinion on anything else is fodder to both my characters. The other feats you showed in relation to him were ragdolling a man and vaporising a person. Truly stunning, clearly I cannot hope to match this power.

The one thing I'll accept being unclear on is Jack's speed, though even that is not the grand problem you've made it out to be.

In the very scan you show someone mentions that the speedster appearing to be everywhere is not by normal means which infers that it's not just by speed seeing as how it's mentioned that he's a speedster already

Read again, what said is that he's on the carrier by abnormal means. Being everywhere at once is all him.

This is then further made clear by the fact that said speedster is having a fight/beating up someone in a very specific spot at that very time this is being said which is shown in the very next panel

Not really, the flow of events very clearly places this after the statement that's everywhere at once. Cleary he just, you know, moved?

But also you're ignoring the fact that midnighters able to do so because even without his battle computer from the way he was talking its clear that he took him out by planning on it(he goes out of his way to list different factors) that regularly allows him to take on speedster who are he even specifically say are faster than him. Midnighter having precog tell him exactly where to be and what to do to stop the speedster is in no way an indication of his own pure speed which jack would scale to.

As I already said, Midnighter did not have access to the battle computer here, Battalion had blocked his usage of it. That's why you see him thinking through his steps, which he would normally not have to do, and why the feat is one of speed and skill. And yes Impetus is faster than him, but clearly not by that much since Midnighter can still track and intercept him with some skilful movements.

Hell even the claim of him being close enough peers to midnighter is dubius to me since in the very scan you posted the only hit Jack got in that landed was one that Midnighter allowed

This isn't a terrible argument but it still feels needlessly critical. He's not exactly getting blitzed my friend, nothing about that fight indicates that these are two characters in different speed brackets, it's an example of what I meant when I said that these characters operate in the same tier. Not to mention, they clearly fought for more than the three punches we see, hence why later in the issue we see a recording of the fight in which Jack very clearly tags Midnighter and hence why they're both bleeding a lot when Apollo and Angie interrupt. If it really makes you feel better though, here's another example of them fighting with Hawksmoor again very clearly tagging him. Jack lost of course, but that's to be expected given Midnighter's superior skill and how insane the battle computer is. But for this part of the debate that doesn't actually matter, all that does is that Midnighter and Jack are relative to one another in speed.

This feat and the scaling involved then get even further muddied by the fact thatYou never actually quantified it. You just gave the carriers length and width without actually quantifying the feat into actual speed(just a vague notion that it is somewhere in the upper limits of the tourney) which get kinda bad when we do try and quantify it:

Also just kinda on me so fair. Though, in my head at least, it's not actually all that complicated a feat. The way I see it Impetus must be fast enough that the Carrier can't properly track him to a single location so he must be moving all over the ship. But he's also not literally "everywhere at once" because they'd be seeing him run past them. To cover enough distance that he's seemingly everywhere though he must also be running through all of the general sections in the ship, meaning he'd be covering most of the Carrier's circumference every couple of seconds, which would put him just a smidge above the tourney limits. More numerically since this is my last post and I'd like to be clear, this would put him somewhere from Mach 270-350, hence my opinion that the slightly slower Jack is in the same speed tier as everyone else here.

The speed difference is an advantage in the sense that the character's I'm using like JB have abilities like teleportation while hitler already has precog, the difference in speed also adds validity to them dodging and evading your attacks through the added effects of these powers.

Ok, well that means nothing since Jack and Jenny also have teleportation and much better mobility options outside of that. And Hitler's precog has about as many combat showings as Jack's does. That being none. There is a very big difference between predicting the future of a board game where you can clearly see all the moves being made and actively seeing the future to avoid attacks in combat that you otherwise couldn't even see coming, let alone dodge. The latter is something you've given zero feats for and from what I can tell that's because they don't exist.

Jenny

Eh.

the more pressing matter is that for her to even use lightning of that power at the ridiculous range you presented before she actually need to absorb/take control of that much lightning which she can't do while under the current Limits of multi mountain levels of power. The only scan you showed for her using Lightning at such a range required that she used lightning from that source at a level of power way over the tourney limits which you yourself even acknowledge in the post:

You have very much misunderstood this feat. Jenny isn't amping herself to be able to manipulate electricity at a larger distance, that is the literal opposite of what is happening. Jenny's "amp" comes from using electricity beyond what she possesses herself, which in this instance is coming from a distance of hundreds if not thousands of miles. It's not an amp in the way you might be thinking, she's not taking in electricity and using it to buff up her own electrical powers, she's just taking electricity and using it as it is. The tourney limiting the volume of electricity she can gather is of absolutely no relevance. Looking at this image in particular, no matter how you slice it she's either using the electricity from the centre of its brain, which is a massive distance from her, to shoot outwards, or she's conducting electricity from even further in the general "skull" area and projecting it inwards. She has a ridiculous range either way.

JB "Biology" begins and ends when a joke is necessary;

To give an idea. Earlier on in the series JB was melted down because the group of bas guys wanted to extract what they thought would be the philosopher stone(turned out to be a kidney stone though an abnormally looking one and only a kidney stone in name from their machine since JB doesn't even eat food and eats souls and lifeforce instead) which they assumed was merged with his body. The result was him basically becoming a disembodied liquid.

Ok, but he does have an eye and he does also have a kidney stone, which ironically does prove at least some biological functions. You might say that that's inconsistent with the other bits but hey, that's what you get for picking an inconsistent gag character.

I'd assumed he'd be immune since his main lightning attack which he created is to create an AOE around himself and electrocute everything inside

You have somehow managed to say the exact same thing again and it still means nothing. You said your character is immune to electricity, I asked why and you said "because they can use electricity". Being able to manipulate something doesn't make you immune to it, that's basic common sense. The "he was going to hit himself" fails as further justification because a) this implies that the girl you said is a regular human is also "immune" to lightning, which is obviously not the case because the other guy clearly thinks she's an idiot and will kill them all, and b) because that's genuinely just not what the scan you posted says.

No Caption Provided

There's no mention of JB being inside the area, it's just "an area".

The Lightning is just extension of the Mahjong abilities used in the series like which they can choose the form it comes in. Rising sun for example has been used in the form of both the light, the lightning and the explosion which usually comes after.

We know rising sun does physical damage as it completely disintegrated Lenin later in the series

But Hitlers body tanked and even stronger Final Rising Sun which uses the lightning as well as the explosion(though he succumbed to the life steal) without any issue(sorry for how long this image chain is the manga literally used up a full chapter just spelling out FINAL RISING SUN!!!)

Hell the Lightning can even send a person flying so clearly it's got physical damage attached to it

We know that Rising sun causes physical damage(Shown with Lenin) and uses the Lightning, explosion and light and Hitler tanked an even stronger version of it(The Final rising sun) so it's very clear that the Lightning causes physical damage.

Honestly not even convinced the final Rising Sun was anything other than a visualisation given that the next chapter just shows Hitler getting hit by the regular lightning and absolutely nothing about him or the surrounding area looking disturbed, let alone destroyed. Rising Sun killing one single normal human is so irrelevant it's not even funny. You have also once again completely failed to address my argument. Congratulations. Just going to quote what I said last time:

Tanking "lightning" does not somehow make you immune to all electrical abilities regardless of scale. Unless you're seriously trying to tell me that fodders in this verse are going to no-sell Indra's Arrow or blasts from cosmic Thor.

Unless you can show Hitler tanking lightning attacks that are actually close to Jenny in power then he's just gonna get charred.

Accepting that this lightning is indeed normal lightning just means that you're arguing for the equivalent of someone surviving a nuke because they tanked a hand grenade.

This. Is. Not. Enough.

If you don't have the feats you can just say you don't have the feats.

JB again likely doesn't have anything akin to a brain and if it did It would run on magic energy like everything else about him. I'd also like to point out that you're yet to even show feats of her doing this at a significant distance(assuming that of she could she could stun a lot of threats in the wildstorm verse at a distance with a handwave but she literally never does)

This is another very nitpicky argument that isn't actually an argument. Saying that Jenny maybe could have solved some imaginary hypothetical conflicts that she didn't solve because she didn't use her powers in a way that, let's be honest, would be boring as hell to read, means absolutely zilch. A character not using their powers to do something we know they can do does not in any way suddenly mean that they cannot do that, but what's worse is that you haven't even bothered to bring some examples. You've just said, "ok well there's probably some instances that exist somewhere when she could have more easily resolved conflict by using her powers like this." Like... ok? That's an awful way to argue that Jenny can't draw out electrical energy from a massive distance away when I have literally shown her doing precisely that incredibly explicitly with no issues.

and even if she did Hitler would just resurrect as well as have JB would heal him with the Dashi(a japanese cooking stock made of either dried kelp or dried tuna)sweat he can secret(showing again that "Biology" is a suggestion rather than a hard rule).

Huh? How exactly is he going to resurrect from brain death? Being able to fly back to his body as a soul is completely irrelevant when Jenny is crippling his physical form. He will literally be brain dead, soul or not. And unless JB's healing can add electricity to the body or bring back the dead (which tbh I wouldn't put past him) then that's not gonna help either.

I'm still not convinced at all. The entire base can't be considered standard gear and even if it can access "The real world" in relation to the Wildstorm/DC verse it doesn't really mean much in accessing a different franchise most of which when referring to the "Real world" only really work in relation to their own stories.

For this argument, I honestly don't really care about convincing you. As far as I'm concerned doors are standard gear and it's not outside of the realms of reasonable possibility for them to function in an alternate universe like this so that's that. There's nothing unique about being in the Star Wars universe that would make doors not work the way they do in all others.

Hitler & JB

Looking at it again the majority of your win conditions rely on this quite weak Nazi so let's look at them together.

Mahjong power level can be kept to not harm other individuals which is generally shown in most matches and is why people can actually go out to watch Mahjong without just dying while the contestants play. Though this also occurred when Hitler killed his own nazi's but left one alive to tell the tale

This is such a bizarre misinterpretation of the scene that I have to wonder if you've actually read this fight at any point in the last year. What's actually happening is pretty much the exact opposite of what you're suggesting. The Nazi Darius who died did so completely randomly and independently of any action taken by Hitler, it was a 100% passive side effect. He didn't "leave one alive to tell the tale", Mahjong power is just inconsistent with how it's applied. In the very next chapter after you claim Hitler "killed all his Nazis but left one alive," there are a boat load of spectators who are completely fine. In fact, I'd also like to bring up that this is one of two whole instances of people dying or actually being seriously debilitated by Mahjong power. At every other point before this, even in this exact same match, almost all of the spectators, who I'll remind you are normal dudes, were completely fine. So not only is Mahjong power not controllable, but it's also just ass.

All of this is happening while Hitlers passive's are active(causing both to faint, suffer heavy hemorrhaging and be disoriented with heart palpitations and difficulty breathing) and passively charms your team with a glance or locks them in an illusion on sight

Honestly having now read the first arc of the manga where Hitler appears, I can confidently say that this is just kinda bullsh**. Like, it might happen, I guess, but 99% of the time regular humans observed full power Hitler and were completely fine. This is the kind of ability that only ever works on the most fodder of fodder. Which... makes sense, actually. Mahjong Power isn't something inherently hax like Bleach's soul crush where you need a specific kind of power to resist it, it's literally just the side effect of one dude being more powerful than another. Which, I need not remind you, is not the case here. If anything Hitler is the significant weak link here in terms of power, having absolutely nothing worth anything to his name. So as far as I'm concerned this will do absolutely nothing to anyone here. Going by your interpretation though would just mean that Hitler would incapacitate JB so either way it works for me.

It isn't... Monika(the girl using the sword) isn't actually trying to kill the guy its being used on (Lucas her brother) she's only trying to show him what the sword can do and if she had dropped the sword while this was going on it would have eaten his soul meaning that she is actively preventing that from happening and what even prevents it from fully taking his soul

We can literally see his soul coming out of his body and he still has the capacity to smack the sword away, that's my point. Her lack of control doesn't change anything about what I actually said, that being that it relies on melee contact and isn't an instant win regardless.

It simply because Hitler want to play mahjong, It seemingly just a factor of the setting. It's why Hitler doesn't just take over the world by Mahjong crushing everyone instead of actually having matches.

But either way in Advanced Super Aryan Hitler can directly set and control the pieces as he wishes;

It is shocking how much you find that's wrong with just a little research. This is untrue, the Heisenberg Strike can literally miss if the pieces aren't set up properly, as it did with both Tristan and Hitler during their battle. If the technique didn't need setup they'd just one-shot everyone in every match. And wanting to play Mahjong as the reason for not wanting to kill people is also very silly as an argument in general since they literally kill each other in these matches. Heck, Hitler's own dudes have literally just attacked their opponents mid-match irrespective of the actual game.

But even ignoring that you simply haven't addressed the fact that either of your team would be instantly charmed by the sight of Hitler alone(at which point he can steal thier souls) and the fact that he can put any of them in an illusion on sight alone.

The charm is another ability that does nothing except against the most fodder of fodder and is mentioned or demonstrated a grand total of one single time. "Why doesn't Hitler always just charm and steal the souls of his opponents? :)". The illusion, Twilight of the Gods, is actually less of an illusion and more of dragging them to fight in some kind of Astral plane, which is probably not a great idea against the guy with the soul of the planet backing him up. Hitler can and has just lost those, as he did against the Pope, so it's hardly unbeatable. Also not really something I think he'd open a fight with but that's just me.

Throughout your rebuttal you've near completely disregarded Hitlers mental and spiritual abilities in their fullest without any counter in sight.

Yeah, because they suck and are an issue for you long before they're an issue for me.

You've also been very light on addressing how they deal with Acute Mahjong Intoxication which would make them pass out while causing them to severally hemorrhage.

^Ditto.

You seem to be under the impression that when they pull jenny and jack to thier location that jenny would be faster on the draw to fry his brain before getting floored by any of his passive effects which is just frankly wrong.

Hypocrisy much? You criticise me for apparently arguing that Jenny would be faster on the draw than Hitler's "passive effects" and yet have yourself repeatedly argued as if your team gets the first move when that is really really not the case.

Jack and Strats

Uh.

You're not getting my point both JB and Hitler would be hovering far above the city the sky as both can fly and would likely be in the air which is why I repeatedly emphasized that they would be hovering. There might be nowhere in on the land that's not got some form of city but this becomes mute when both are teleported considerably high enough for it not to even matter.

Since the limit is beyond the upper atmosphere there pretty much a free range for hitler and JB to hover at ranging from 85 - 500+ km at max(JB doesn't really need to breath, hell he even lacks the organs for that and comparable Mahjong players to Hitler can even survive at least temporarily on the moon though he was already severely injured)

Oh, ok well that's just a completely different argument then. What you initially said was that they're going to "glass the area my team decides to stay in", which would do nothing. Destroying the area doesn't even make sense as a concept if they're a hundred bloody kilometres in the air, so you can move the goal posts all you like but that doesn't make what you said before any less wrong. Also, I'd like to mention that Jack can do stuff like throwing the Eiffel Tower into space so simply being high up doesn't make you safe. Not that they'd get this far of course.

You've never really addressed a very pressing matter and that's the fact that once summoned Hitler canauto charmboth of your team into passivity ortrap them in an illusion on sightleaving room for him to either steal their souls or have JB finish them off. You never really addressed this part of Hitlers arsenal in any capacity so either you forgot or didn't see it.

Well hey, you never addressed Jack manipulating the city to debuff and confuse your team either. The difference is that one of these things is in play from the second the battle begins and the other is only a factor once several other hurdles are cleared and also is just as much of an issue for your teammate and also also probably might just not work anyways. You tell me which is worse.

Final Thoughts

Look, this is how I see it. I don't care what JB and Hitler can do, I really don't. Because all of their dangerous abilities are only an actual threat in the event that you manage to summon my team, and from how you've argued this so far I would be entirely justified in just saying that both Hitler and JB genuinely just die before that happens. Hitler for this tier is a glass cannon without the cannon, has zero combat feats to his name and starts abruptly in a toilet with faeces on his head. A single simple distraction would be enough for him to miss an attack coming and die (though frankly it's barely been explained what he'd do even if he did see it coming given that it's the entire building) and Hitler has about five different things to throw him off here. I genuinely do not understand how he makes it out of that apartment alive and you haven't bothered to tell me so that's that as far as I'm concerned.

His supposed saviour in JB realistically just isn't going to be fast enough on the draw without literally possessing the meta-in-universe knowledge that his debater has, and would by any reasonable logic spend at least a short amount of time confused before he even attempts to summon Hitler, by which time the Fuhrer would probably already be dead. It's also entirely possible that he'd be too preoccupied with his own attacks that he wouldn't even think about trying to summon Hitler for a while, which is another entirely possible scenario that would be great to discuss if it wasn't so thoroughly neglected. Is that the kind of thing JB would do? I don't know because I haven't been told and I can't be asked to read a hundred chapter manga just to make my opponent's arguments for them.

My team has the abilities and the stats to kill Hitler and JB without too much trouble, the former especially, and the battle starts with the circumstances being overwhelmingly in their favour. I cannot stress enough how important that is. I don't know JB so maybe he can get out of the initial onslaught alive but having read up on Hitler there is no universe in which he survives for any length of time in a building that can swallow his feet and prevent him from moving and can also one-shot him with any window he walks past whilst his perceptions are flipped and he's wondering why his head's in a toilet and whilst he's also being assaulted by lightning that will also one-shot him. If you think he is from the feats shown here then you must be thinking of a different Hitler. JB would fare better as I said but even then he's definitely not soloing this fight. By the time he thinks of or gets the opportunity to summon Jack and Jenny, he'll likely be injured and will also likely still be underground since he doesn't know that he even is underground in the first place, nor would he know how deep he is even if he did. The best he can do, again, from what's been presented, is to teleport in random directions and random distances and hope for the best. There are really so many things I'd love to talk about but since none of this was actually addressed I can't. Shame.

The best-case scenario from what's been shown is Hitler dies slowly and JB through sheer luck manages to teleport to the surface and then brings Jack and Jenny to him, who then kill him in a fight since it's a 2v1, the battlefield is massively stacked against him and Jenny has the means to neuter him from a distance. Realistically neither makes it far from their starting positions.

No Caption Provided

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE FINALE

No Caption Provided

Stats In Depth

Since we've gone over stats so much and this is the final post I'm going to go as in depth as possible. I'll be providing any necessary scans and context with as much detail as possible as well as presenting my points

The feat in question is one whereAngie face tanks an explosion that's very clearly comparable in size to the mountains in the background of the shot, and yet you stand by your initial statement that dismembering characters of this level is "lacklustre" because... it's an assumption? Like I'm genuinely trying to understand what your issue with the feat is but nowhere in that entire paragraph is an actual solid critique. This counter really just boils down to "well I don't really think it's mountain level". Which isn't a counter. Here's another example.

Since you missed "My issue" with the feat, You're clearly missing the point I'm making here which is that "The size of a mushroom cloud isn't a 1 to 1 with explosive potency". Before I get into the feat itself and my analysis of it I'm going to just provide a bit of context that will come in around later.

I'll establish the context in which we refer to stuff as City level, Mountain level etc in terms of potency. What's important are the titles(city, mountain etc) and the Value in Tons of TNT(Megatons etc):

7-BCity6.3 Megatons

to 100 Megatons

6.3x106 to 1082.63592x1016 to 4.184x1017~16x
7-AMountain100 Megatons

to 1 Gigaton

108 to 1094.184x1017 to 4.184x101810x
High 7-ALarge Mountain1 Gigaton to

4.3 Gigatons

109 to 4.3x1094.184x1018 to 1.79912x10194.3x

The feat takes place in New mexico meaning that it's likely happening in the Sandia mountain range. I say this because this is the area with the closest visual similarity to the peaks in he feat that are in the area(though In the end it doesn't really matter since the highest peaks in new Mexico is at about 4013 Meters but isn't any where near visually similar to the peaks in the feat). So lets estimate the mountains are around 3255 Meters for its general height(if its sandia) as a normal range.

Back to the feat itself. I'll just post the mushroom cloud outright to make the visuals presented in the post

No Caption Provided

My main point has been that The size of a mushroom cloud is not a 1 to 1 with the potency of the explosions. Potency can in fact be ascertained by mushroom cloud size but as I've been saying it's not a 1 to 1 with the size of the mushroom cloud.

No Caption Provided

Source for the graph

The 15 megaton(city level) Castle Bravo explosion initially measured a mushroom cloud at a height of about 14,000 Meters in its initial expansion and reached higher values more in line with the graph shortly after. Compared to even the largest mountain in the world(Everest) which only reaches around 8,849 m its just barely short of 2x larger but the potency of the explosion isn't anywhere near mountain level and remains at the low end of city level.

Even if I'm generous and assumed the mushroom cloud is fucking 10x larger than the mountains in the image(3225x10=32,250Meters) it would still only be in the range of 30-40 megatons. Which is still nowhere near Mountain level even though I'm going to an extreme length highballing this to the stupid degree of a 10x multiplier for it's size. In truth this would probably be like 3 or 4 times larger (about 3225x4=12,900) so at the extreme low end of the megaton scale being small city level:

Low 7-BSmall City1 Megaton to

6.3 Megatons

106 to 6.3x1064.184x1015 to 2.63592x10166.3x

This feat with the most generous highball is within the low ends of city level and never reached mountain level in the first place.

Do you understand my 'issue' with this feat now? You can't just point at a mushroom cloud and say "Bigger than mountain = Mountain level", that's not how that works in the slightest when even a bomb with a yield at the lower end of city level makes a mushroom cloud that dwarfs fucking Mount Everest.

How do I know that a mountain-sized lightning bolt is mountain level? Mate. Because it's mountain-sized. That, by definition, puts it in the mountain level tier. Though frankly, Jenny doesn't need to "bust" anything hear, nor have I argued her doing so. What I've actually been arguing for is her electrocuting your team, which is why I've used words like "charred" to describe what will happen. That said, I will say that Jenny's lightning bolts generally do destroy things relative to their size, whether that'sa buildingorGod's brain. Lastly, we have this gem.

No it doesn't mountain level is when something has the capacity to destroy a mountain or is calced to have the potency at that level. The lightning bolt being big is no indicator of its potency by this logic a pyromancer creating a mountain sized fire ball is automatically mountain level even if we are yet to see such a feat of the fire ball actually busting anything at that level.

In god's brains case she's using electricity from within it and in both instanced the bolt doesn't actually completely bust the thing just tear holes through it. There's also a very obvious difference between the most vulnerable part of something body(it's brain) using energy from within it that it conducts properly by design and only a chunk of building(which is mostly hollow) and busting a chunk of solid rock that is a mountain.

But you've also just completely ignored the issue of range I brought up considering the only feat that jenny has that would even so much as present that she has the range to even capitalize and attack my team from the start of the match requires that she already is controlling enormous amounts of electricity which is bared from this tourney.

Once again, the answer is hilariously obvious. If the city has defences that nukes couldn't get through, then guess what that means? It means that Jack with the Tokyo battlesuit clearly hitsmuchharder than nukes, given that he wrecked it in a page flat.

What exactly do you think happened? That Kansas very carefully blocked the nukes and then turned off its shields so that Jack could kill it easier? Come on now. Not to mention, and I really don't get how you didn't notice this, but mate the very fact that the featless and unnamed superhumans are in fact featless means that bringing them up is irrelevant. You can not even begin to imply that "well it got broken by these characters so clearly it's not all that" when this is literally the single appearance of all of them. Like, if they broke something that took a nuke that would just be a feat for them because how could it possibly be anything else?

No it just means that it has specific anti nuke defenses as we again see moments later unnamed and featless superhero's of all kind tearing the ship up.

There no focus brought to some kind pf shield that needs breaking or destroying to damage the ship and the only thing even so much as stopped is nukes.

What I think happened is that the city was sent back anticipating conventional fire power(nukes etc) and had a specific defense for that and wasn't expecting superhumans at all. This make sense since Jack himself was specifically created to stop that thing(hell his creators thought had made that clear) and his presence is what set the whole gathering of hero's to stop it in the first place by being that he was what alerted it.

Even if you want to go out of your way to say there is a specific shield that needed breaking before damaging the ship. Jack wouldn't even scale to that considering the fact that the supposed shield clearly isn't there by the time jack attacks Kansas as we see numerous individuals attacking the city directly with no issue or need to break anything. Since you're so Ok with accepting that the random featless superhuman are at that level of power then whats to say they didn't already break the shield since they can attack the ship just fine.

[Slightly unrelated but the page that you posted also stated that Kansas could destroy the world in 72 hours, which (going by continents only) would mean destroying a city-sized area every second, and that does not account for the obvious travel time which would make that figure higher. I'm not exactly wanking here.]

Without context this could range from Kansas simply traveling to high population inhabited area's only and blowing them away one by one which actually seems in line with it since Kansas was heading to the closes city first.

The statement itself is also just dubious as any other "Destroy the world" statement baring no context.

It's not hypocritical when I never once claimed hitlers durability was otherwise way beyond what I showed and you saying this is laughable when you never even gave any durability feats for jenny sparks to begin with and she is literally below hitler in that regard:

Throughout this entire CAV where you've given 3 full post's not once have you ever even brought a single durability feat for Jenny. You've brushed that off without any though either because you forgot or simply didn't have any feats close to relevant to give yet here you are harping on about Hitlers lackluster durability.

At least he has a durability feat compared to the other member of your team

To cover enough distance that he'sseeminglyeverywhere though he must also be running through all of the general sections in the ship, meaning he'd be covering most of the Carrier's circumference every couple of seconds, which would put him just a smidge above the tourney limits. More numerically since this is my last post and I'd like to be clear, this would put him somewhere from Mach 270-350, hence my opinion that the slightly slower Jack is in the same speed tier as everyone else here.

Your outright ignoring the main issue I had which lead me to say it was far above tourney limits: The fact that he's performing this feat on someone that is already superhuman and something that is likely better than modern day high speed cameras

The issue with this is feat that has it far beyond the limit is that he's doing this and appearing to be like everywhere to a superhuman(angie) who regularly keeps up with other members of the authority and the carrier(an advanced alien ship). Even lowballing them both to the capacity of modern days high speed camera the speedster would be far beyond the tourney Limits that any scaling to him is a clear indication of you picking a character above that.

As I already said, Midnighter did not have access to the battle computer here, Battalion had blocked his usage of it. That's why you see him thinking through his steps, which he would normally not have to do, and why the feat is one of speed and skill. And yes Impetus is faster than him, but clearly not bythatmuch since Midnighter can still track and intercept him with some skilful movements.

And my point was that midknighter isn't outspeeding him just with his own skill predicting when and where to attack to cut the speedster off. If Midnighter was actually in his speed bracket he would simply grab him without any need for that at all.

This isn't a terrible argument but it still feels needlessly critical. He's not exactly getting blitzed my friend, nothing about that fight indicates that these are two characters in different speed brackets, it's an example of what I meant when I said that these characters operate in the same tier. Not to mention, they clearly fought for more than the three punches we see, hence why later in the issue we seea recording of the fight in which Jack very clearly tags Midnighterand hence why they're both bleeding a lot when Apollo and Angie interrupt.

You yourself outline that its a recording meaning there's really no reason to assume that its anything other than a recording of the moment when jack actually gets a single hit in

If it really makes you feel better though,here's another example of them fighting with Hawksmoor again very clearly tagging him. Jack lost of course, but that's to be expected given Midnighter's superior skill and how insane the battle computer is. But for this part of the debate that doesn't actually matter, all that does is that Midnighter and Jack are relative to one another in speed.

You mean the same fight where jack only gets 1 hit in then midnighter stops playing around says "shows over" and then completely dodges jacks kick while not focusing on him and taking him out near instantly

Also just kinda on me so fair. Though, in my head at least, it's not actually all that complicated a feat. The way I see it Impetus must be fast enough that the Carrier can't properly track him to a single location so he must be moving all over the ship. But he's also not literally "everywhere at once" because they'd be seeing him run past them. To cover enough distance that he'sseeminglyeverywhere though he must also be running through all of the general sections in the ship, meaning he'd be covering most of the Carrier's circumference every couple of seconds, which would put him just a smidge above the tourney limits

I wouldn't say a smudge when he's doing it to the perception of angie. Who is a combatant in this tourney themselves which is even compounded when you yourself say that the members of the authority are comparable.

You keep on ignoring the main fact that I bring up(hell you don't even address it) which is that angie(who is comparable to other members of the authority) is the one getting her perception blitzed while he does it.

Ok, well that means nothing since Jack and Jenny also have teleportation and much better mobility options outside of that.

Jack an jenny's teleportation relies on portals opened by them saying "door" which I'm still skeptical of because again its the carrier itself and is like saying that any memeber of the justice league being used can just have access to the justice leagues boomtube tech which is reliant on the presence of the Watch Tower(which obviously isn't standard gear)

adding to this is that JB's teleportation is better and he can instantly recall them at any point to anywhere around him(without them knowing which would obviously be shocking and disorienting) by simply raising his hands. Not only displaying greater mobility and also greater control but also simply more responsive since all it takes is a thought.

And Hitler's precog has about as many combat showings as Jack's does. That being none. There is a very big difference between predicting the future of a board game where you can clearly see all the moves being made and actively seeing the future to avoid attacks in combat that you otherwise couldn't even see coming, let alone dodge.

This right here is outright ignoring the mechanics of how Hitlers precog works. Hitler himself considers analytical prediction and reading the likes of which you have described as nothing more than gambling

No Caption Provided

The latter is something you've given zero feats for and from what I can tell that's because they don't exist.

The later is the exact mechanic by which hitlers precog works, You'd have to be outright blind or willfiully ignorant to miss the fact that Hitler has actual precog which works by looking into the future

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hitlers precog is without a question not reading or any form of analytical prediction based on outside value. Hitler outright denounces it as inferior and they go out of their way in the story to say that he's looking at the future of the space-time continuum. You can't just outright ignore how hitlers powers work because you don't like it, the mechanics are clear and there no denying that. The distinction is made loud and clear in the series.

Jenny

You have very much misunderstood this feat. Jenny isn't amping herself to be able to manipulate electricity at a larger distance, that is the literal opposite of what is happening. Jenny's "amp" comes from using electricity beyond what she possesses herself, which in this instance is coming from a distance of hundreds if not thousands of miles. It's not an amp in the way you might be thinking, she's not taking in electricity and using it to buff up her own electrical powers, she's just taking electricity and using it as it is. The tourney limiting thevolumeof electricity she can gather is of absolutely no relevance. Looking atthis imagein particular, no matter how you slice it she's either using the electricity from the centre of its brain, which is a massive distance from her, to shoot outwards, or she's conducting electricity from even further in the general "skull" area and projecting it inwards. She has a ridiculous range either way.

That wasn't my point. It was that jenny actively needs to be controlling "That much" electricity to have it fill and be used at that range/aoe.

At no other point in the authority(issues that have her since she died by the end of the the 1999 run, so 1999 and secrete history) does she ever control electricity at such a range.

Even at that, your best guess of her range is between 100s of miles to thousand without any real quantification and if we take this as the range possibly being from 100s to 3000 miles that still wouldn't even be enough range to be useful from the start of the match considering the location's you yourself picked

No Caption Provided

These are the distances that she would be from either of my characters. The first calc uses Coruscant's Diameter that I could find from the star wars wiki and the other assumes it has a diameter similar to that of earth.

If her range is at max 3000miles(4828.032 KM) she would still be short of ever even reaching either of my team.

You've just overestimated her range without even considering the distance you set between the character to any degree.

Jenny can't even do anything from the start of the match since you fumbled and overestimated her.

Ok, but he does have an eye and he does also have a kidney stone, which ironically does prove at least some biological functions. You might say that that's inconsistent with the other bits but hey, that's what you get for picking an inconsistent gag character.

It isn't actually a kidney stone, The joke is that the machine analyses it as one but it neither looks like one nor and is not called on by the characters that get it. That's the joke of the chapter.

He's a magical curse sword which has literally been melted down and show no sign of internal biological structures and even at that he runs on magical energy so there's literally no point at which conventional biology comes into the mix in a conventional way

You have somehow managed to say the exact same thing again and it still means nothing. You said your character is immune to electricity, I asked why and you said "because they can use electricity". Being able to manipulate something doesn't make you immune to it, that's basic common sense. The "he was going to hit himself" fails as further justification because a) this implies that the girl you said is a regular human is also "immune" to lightning, which is obviously not the case because the other guy clearly thinks she's an idiot and will kill them all, and b) because that's genuinely just not what the scan you posted says.

No Caption Provided

There's no mention of JB being inside the area, it's just "an area".

The reason the character says their gonna kill everyone there is because they are in the same place close to JB and Monika clearly(as he and everyone else is literally standing either right next to her or in the vicinity) which is clearly indicating to anyone reading that the intended AOE is around them:

Honestly not even convinced the final Rising Sun was anything other than a visualisation given thatthe next chapter just shows Hitler getting hit by the regular lightning and absolutely nothing about him or the surrounding area looking disturbed, let alone destroyed. Rising Sun killing one single normal human is so irrelevant it's not even funny. You have also once again completely failed to address my argument. Congratulations. Just going to quote what I said last time:

Accepting that this lightning is indeed normal lightning just means that you're arguing for the equivalent of someone surviving a nuke because they tanked a hand grenade.

This. Is. Not. Enough.

If you don't have the feats you can just say you don't have the feats.

This literally makes no sense is your own assumptions based on nothing.

Hell before this the man using rising sun causes a personalized Saint Elmo's Flame. Which is a natural phenomena that indicates an imminent Lightning strike

And later on Mao uses the Lightning to bust a pair of tesla coils his opponent is wearing

Only for the opponent to counter by having implanted other tesla coils directly inside his arm which Mao can't bust due to the resistance

Clearly showing that A) The lightning does normal physical damage and B) that the mahjong players are resistant to that

Accepting that the Lightning does normal damage just means it can then be scale using Mahjong power level. Since the explosion Hitler tanked is around where he had the highest Mahjong power level and the minimum for the Pope is about 2000ADH while by the fight where his body tanks rising sun he the weakest there(tristan) is about 32,000 ADH(well use this as a baseline), The lightning should be about 16x that

This is another very nitpicky argument that isn't actually an argument. Saying that Jenny maybe could have solved some imaginary hypothetical conflicts that she didn't solve because she didn't use her powers in a way that, let's be honest, would be boring as hell to read, means absolutely zilch.

These aren't hypothetical situation but instead main story situations that the authority face and you end up saying:

"Why doesn't Hitler always just charm and steal the souls of his opponents?"

Huh? How exactly is he going to resurrect from brain death? Being able to fly back to his body as a soul is completely irrelevant when Jenny is crippling his physical form. He will literally be brain dead, soul or not. And unless JB's healing can add electricity to the body or bring back the dead (which tbh I wouldn't put past him) then that's not gonna help either.

You realize that the brains nuero-chemistry malfunctions then stops after any normal form of death and that the electricity within also ceases so right?

Any form of death causes the electricity in the brain to shortly after cease and since hitler can resurrect from this it doesn't matter if she drains his mind or not.

Not like it mattered either way since she doesn't have the range to reach him from the start of the match and if she's ever in his presence she would instantly get ganked by the passives

for this argument, I honestly don't really care about convincing you. As far as I'm concerned doors are standard gear and it's not outside of the realms of reasonable possibility for them to function in an alternate universe like this so that's that. There's nothing unique about being in the Star Wars universe that would make doors not work the way they do in all others.

Again you simply refused to actually address the point which is that it doesn't make any sense and is equivalent to any member of the justice league having access to the watchtowers boomtube tech during a conventional battle outside their franchise. It makes 0 sense and is frankly a grasp at something that isn't there.

Hitler and JB

This is such a bizarre misinterpretation of the scene that I have to wonder if you've actually read this fight at any point in the last year. What's actually happening is pretty much the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.The Nazi Darius who died did so completely randomly and independently of any action taken by Hitler, it was a 100% passive side effect. He didn't "leave one alive to tell the tale",

The better example to use is Mask of Mahjong. It's made abundantly clear that Mahjong players can a control their mahjong power level and direct it. Mask of Mahjong loses conrtol of his mahjong power level(cause he's was technically already dead but resurrected) and starts releasing it onto the audience in the area, It's made abundantly clear that the sole source of the issue is him yet Shinjou is completely fine(meaning he isn't reducing his yet is capable of not exerting it on others) while mask of mahjong starts doing so without control

Mahjong power is just inconsistent with how it's applied. In the very next chapter after you claim Hitler "killed all his Nazis but left one alive,"there are a boat load of spectators who are completely fine.

Honestly having now read the first arc of the manga where Hitler appears, I can confidently say that this is just kinda bullsh**. Like, itmighthappen, I guess, but 99% of the time regular humans observed full power Hitler and were completely fine. This is the kind of ability that only ever works on the most fodder of fodder.

This right here shows that you don't really understand Mahjong power level. The effects of acute Mahjong intoxication rely on the "difference" between the relevant people.

No Caption Provided

If x has a mahjong power of 2000 and Y has a mahjong power of just 10, the difference between them is 1990 Adh meaning the only effect relevant to them would be those of difference 0-50 up to 500-2000( which aren't that much of an issue).

This fact that others in the verse have mahjong power levels that can allow them to stay and watch matches is made very clear by the fact that when Acute Mahjong intoxication does infact happen they specifically tell those of mahjong power to low to leave

implying that there are people present with power levels of this caliber/higher and only the weaker ones have to run.
implying that there are people present with power levels of this caliber/higher and only the weaker ones have to run.

Mahjong power isn't even really being inconsistent in the first half of the story since during the first half of the story(up till after the fight with the pope) Hitler would have had the highest mahjong power level shown but at the time only had a power level of 2038.

No Caption Provided

The reason 'Regular people' or those you called fodder weren't affected by the deadly effects during the earlier parts of the story is because nobody had a high enough mahjong power level to invoke those more sever effects and the reason not everyone dies later on is because not everyone present has such a low mahjong power level that the difference is deadly to them.

By the second half of the story Hitlers Mahjong power level should be comparable to Tristan(since they play together) and he had a powerlevel of more than 30,000

No Caption Provided

You've seemingly just skimmed the series without taking in various key moments of context and then assumed you'd found some fault in the power.

Which... makes sense, actually. Mahjong Power isn't something inherently hax like Bleach's soul crush where you need a specific kind of power to resist it, it's literally just the side effect of one dude being more powerful than another. Which, I need not remind you, is not the case here. If anything Hitler is the significant weak link here in terms of power, having absolutely nothing worth anything to his name. So as far as I'm concerned this will do absolutely nothing to anyone here. Going by your interpretation though would just mean that Hitler would incapacitate JB so either way it works for me.

Mahjong power level has nothing to do with physical strength, durability etc. As the very name implies it has to do with Mahjong, its the measure of ones ability to play and win at mahjong though with some room for difference between each individual. The "More powerful" in the context of mahjong power level is how much better at mahjong they are. I'd assumed that you would grasp this by the fact that it is called MAHJONG power level

No Caption Provided

The "Power" in the context of Mahjong Power level is not physical power just ones proficiency in Mahjong+ a seeming bracket of about 8ADH accounting for individual difference.

You likely haven't read far enough and it shows. You don't even know what Mahjong Power level even is yet.

We can literally see his soul coming out of his body and he still has the capacity to smack the sword away, that's my point. Her lack of control doesn't change anything about what I actually said, that being that it relies on melee contact and isn't an instant win regardless.

did you miss the part where she is actively just trying to show him how the sword works and that if she wasn't restricting the sword it would have eaten his soul the instantly she dropped it. It isn't "slow" she's trying to show him how it works and not actually full remove his soul while the sword is easily capable of doing so instantly the moment she drops it

It is shocking how much you find that's wrong with just a little research. This is untrue, the Heisenberg Strike can literally miss if the pieces aren't set up properly, as it did with both Tristan and Hitler during their battle.

If the technique didn't need setup they'd just one-shot everyone in every match. And wanting to play Mahjong as the reason for not wanting to kill people is also very silly as an argument in general since they literally kill each other in these matches. Heck, Hitler's own dudes have literally just attacked their opponents mid-match irrespective of the actual game.

This here is just an outright lie

In his match with the Nazi decenters when Speidel insults Hitler and the pop he instantly performs the Heisenberg strike and kills him without any tiles or formation of tiles and we know for a fact that he didn't have any because it was only after that moment that he actually pressed the shuffling machine and picked his own tile to initiate an actual move(which was reich Blitz-krieg).

these scan are exact order without any missing page or context. Clearly showing hitler use it without needed to arrange pieces and no pieces showing above like it always does when people arrange them for attacks. Chapter 34

He quite clearly has the capacity to do so but the series is based in Mahjong battles so he mostly plays mahjong. Also tristan never uses the heisenberg strike because he can't

Here he is attacking and killing his opponent with the Heisenberg strike mid-match without even picking his tile for his turn of play clearly as plain as day.

The charm is another ability that does nothing except against the most fodder of fodder and is mentioned or demonstrated a grand total of one single time.

This has nothing to do with whether you're team can resist it or not and I'm starting to thing you say this because they have no feats to prevent it from working. It's hax it doesn't work based on ap or durability and even if it were to work of a metric that would be mahjong power level.

Mahjong power level itself is no indicator of stats so even if we want to bend over backwards and say it's reliant on mahjong power level no one on your team would have a capacity anywhere beyond 2-10 due to their lack of knowledge on how to play and aptitude. There's also the fact that other people in the verse resisting it has nothing to do with your own teams capabilities when you are still yet to provide any feats of them doing such. it just means those people have resistance to such a thing.

Like what even is your point here????? That I need to show it working on a brick for it to work on your team? It's hax/mind hax at that and the people resisting it clearly have a resistance to it with that being a feat to show for them unlike your team.

You are yet to provide a single feat that would prevent it from working and this lackluster barely reasonable response is a clear indicator of that.

. "Why doesn't Hitler always just charm and steal the souls of his opponents? :)".

"Why does jenny not just insta-drain the brain of every opponent in the comic across a city wide range(the numerous times the superhumans from genosha attacked cities she was in) if you think she's capable of doing so from what would be continental ranges here? ;)"

The illusion, Twilight of the Gods, is actually less of an illusion and more of dragging them to fight in some kind of Astral plane, which is probably not a great idea against the guy with the soul of the planet backing him up. Hitler can and has just lost those, as he did against the Pope, so it's hardly unbeatable. Also not really something I think he'd open a fight with but that's just me.

The pope can use twilight of the gods himself and can actually also use it. as shown when he trapped hitler in one moments after Hitler ended his

And the pops feat of resisting it has nothing to do with your team unless they have their own equivalent or better resistance feats to bring to the table. Judging by the fact you didn't post any it's clear they don't.

These are very clear shallow diversion meant to allow you to keep from mentioning the fact that no one on your team has any equivalent resistance feats to these things.

After all this you are still yet to provide a single resistance feat for anyone on your team.

Yeah, because they suck and are an issue for you long before they're an issue for me.

This is almost just childish and you are again diverting from mentioning the fact that either way no one on your team has any resistance feats.

Frankly I've never seen this kind of tactic in a CAV before. One where you provide absolutely no feats for your characters in question that would indicate they can resist a hax and then say what amounts to "we'll physically weaker people can resist it" as if this isn't mind hax which obviously ignores physicals.

Like wow its almost like that's how we gauge if someone has resistance or not, you know when they have feats of resisting a thing....

Hypocrisy much? You criticise me for apparently arguing that Jenny would be faster on the draw than Hitler's "passive effects" and yet have yourself repeatedly argued as if your team gets the first move when that is really really not the case.

I'm not arguing as if my team get "first move" when this isn't a chess game but both are faster to some degree and one can instantly teleport and summon his ally instantly while the other has precog. All it requires is an instant to for jb to teleport himself then hitler and they can clearly and easily do so.

You've reached your final post and are still yet to provide a single resistance feat for your team and judging from the fact that you've resorted to what essentially again amounts to "Well this physically weaker person resisted this physicals ignoring hax, imma just ignore the fact that it's just a showing of their own personal hax resistance" you clearly lack any in that department.

CONCLUSIONS

Your post is riddled with a lack of understanding of basic context for hitlers powers and an overestimation of things like jennys range without any real quantification or thought put into comparing that to the starting distance you yourself set.

When it comes to Hitler you harped on his durability when you never even gave a single durability feat for Jenny throughout your full 3 posts, intentionally misinterpreted Hitlers precog even when the story gives a clear understanding of how it works and someone how 'read'(I assume you know why I put this in quotes) the story without ever taking in the context of how mahjong power level works leading to you wasting time with an easily debunked downplay of it. The worst offence though is your complete inability to provide a single feat of any of your team resisting any of the aforementioned mental abilities beyond a crude appeal to stats in the face of fucking mind hax.

The assessment of your own team is simply raised far beyond what would be basic overestimation. As said above Jenny has been given 0 durability feats by you throughout this entire exchange and your apparent lack of willingness to even assess her range in comparison to the distances you set with the match area meaning she's practically useless from the get go. Jacks got a sum total of 1 dubious speed feats reliant on a scaling chain that becomes a circle when you realize that the person the speedster perception blitzed is a member of the authority and you yourself say they are all comparable in stats leading to him having only a single speed feat which itself is either way above the tourney limits or completely invalid due to it being contradicted in nature of itself(blitzing a member of the authority when they are apparently comparable to you and that's without getting into the fact of which you completely overestimate things based on visuals(the mushroom cloud) and the fact that feat with kansas city is clearly just lacking since its either:

• a) there's a multipurpose shield which tanked the nukes but it would have been broken by the time jack gets to take a swing at the city(since its gone by the time the random featless sups get to try at it and you are completely fine with supposedly scaling them to the afformentioned nuke feat meaning any one of them could have broken it)
  • b) The shield isn't really a shield, just some unnamed anti nuke defense since it literally intercepts absolutely nothing but nukes

Finally that brings me to my teams strategy. You act like this is a chess match where individuals are taking moves after another and sorely undersell what is essentially "Instant teleportation". It isn't a random direction when its just up to the upper atmosphere. simple as that JB's summoning shows no regard for actual location of the target and both that and his teleportation are space-time magic meaning if he just sets the designated teleportation location as upper atmosphere above where he is it won't make a difference. Your again making a mountain out of a mole hill as the teleportation location isn't even an issue to begin with in the slightest.

There is no "My team has the first move" when all it takes for JB to get mine out of jacks immediate dangerous range(since he's the only one on your team who can take advantage of the range) is a thought and and handmovement. It doesn't matter if jack can launch stuff into space when at that point he's attempting to hit two targets who are both faster than him while one has precog and the other has teleportation from up to more than 500km away.

Your complete inability to even provide a single mental resistance feat for your team means Hitler might not even have to use acute mahjong intoxication at all and might as well just let either of them look in his general direction after they are summoned by JB. At which point they are either charmed, allowing hitler and JB to end them instantly, or in an illusion which mean JB can just finish them off himself(even of you want to continue pretending like either of them have the feats of resistance to bust out of it they would be killed long before that by JB)

Jenny lack the range to get any of them from right off the match starts(not even mentioning the fact that she lacks the ability to do so without any visuals of either of them) and jack lacks the speed feats to capitalize on his ability + the fact of the matter is instant teleportation >>> any attempt jack makes to do anything.

Hell even if it comes to a 2 v 1 with JB(though it won't) Jennys lack of any actual durability feat means a single stray shot would instantly waste here off the bat and considering JB has better teleportation, a slight speed and the ability to instantly teleport her at any point in this(disorienting her and putting her in any position he thinks is most advantageous) she would get absolutely one shot. Then there Jack but its the same case when a single shot from the eldrich ray is all it takes and JB can just teleport behind him mid air or teleport him into position.

Realistically no one on your teams has the tools to take advantage of the start. Jenny lacking range and jack lacking speed that would make what is literally instant teleportation not an automatic cancelation of that. In direct combat you declined to provide a single durability feat for jenny, jacks only speed feat is a dubious scaling circle at best, jenny lacks the range or perception ability to even get anyone from the start and neither of them even know what hitler or JB are capable of while lacking even the most basic mental resistance feats considering your inability to provide any. You've completely overestimated your team with vague assumptions and underestimated/misunderstood mine

No Caption Provided

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

Open For Votes

@darthjhawk@youngjustice@kingcrimson@shirso@mr_ingenuity@deyyy@mass@the_metabee@naronu@thewatcherking@purplehairedni1@maestromage@uncannyrewind@defiant_will@x-lord16@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps@supremegeneration@kurt_saulenne@maalik@wastelandman

Voting Incentives

Instead of rewarding people just for making it to the second round, I've decided to implement a system that rewards voting, in order to ensure we get votes on all matches.

• If you're a participant, there are 7 total possible matches you can vote on, excluding your own. If you're a reserve you can vote an all 8.
  • If you vote on 2 matches (to my satisfaction) you can change a perk going into the next round
  • If you vote on 4 matches you can add a perk
  • If you vote on all of them you can swap a character
  • Win by death, knockout, incapacitation, or BFR.

For non-participants, your contributions and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll check this out soon

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a lot to read through here, and a lot of back and forth on things I really didn't think were too important, neither participant really argued that their own physical stats would secure them a win, so I didn't really see the purpose to so much time being dedicated to that topic. In a similar vein there was a lot of things that went unaddressed on both sides, but to me one particular thing stood out:

Going by your interpretation though would just mean that Hitler would incapacitate JB so either way it works for me.

- Maestro Post #3

This going unaddressed in @uncannyrewind closer while he decided to push the point of Maestro lacking resistances to Hitler's Mahjong Power is basically a tacit admission to the fact that JB goes down the instant he teleports Hitler to his location. This would then leave Hitler alone, thousands of meters up in the air against Jack and Jenny. And even if Jenny doesn't have the range to attack from spawn, at that point it's really only a matter of time until the 1v2 reaches an inevitable conclusion. I wasn't convinced at all that Hitler could tank Jenny's lightning so I'm voting for @maestromage.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23 darthjhawk  Moderator

This ended up being fairly competitive in terms of the matchup, and one I found myself actually interested in how it would go. I found myself leaning towards uncanny initially as his team seemingly was just set up to be a somewhat perfect counter to Maestro. As the debate went on and I did a full re-read however, I felt that maestro pulled away from uncanny and took a fairly convincing win. I do think Uncanny could’ve made this much closer if the points brought up in his closer were stated in his opener or second post.

The points that dominated the debate for me were:

-the separation of Uncanny’s team and the steps needed to enact his strategy.

-the lack of clear cut resistances to Jenny and Jack’s initial assault from the jump.

-Hitler accidentally taking JB out which went unaddressed.

At the end of the day, whether it’s one step one billion, the crucial fact that they have to start responding At all before they can initiate the counter strategy leaves me coming away from this debate with Jenny and Jack as the winners. I’m voting for @maestromage

Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly never thought I'd be voting on a match where one of the competitors was Adolf Hitler but life's full of surprises. Overall this was a good debate. I thought there were a couple things on each side that should have been clarification a little better but the debate was still a good read.

Like the two votes above me, the most glaring mistake on Uncanny's part was not addressing how JB was supposed to withstand Hitler's Mahjong Power. I feel like JB probably COULD have resisted it rather easily but Uncanny didn't say anything about it so I'm forced to hold that against him. From there it really boiled down two different points:

1) Could Jenny's Lightning One-Shot Hitler before he haxed them to death?

2) Could Hitler's Mahjong power effect Jenny and Jack enough Incap them?

I've re-read post your posts a couple of times now and I've come away with some thoughts and even more questions. Mahjong Power is crazy inconsistent. It reminds me of that dark time in my life when I attempted to read Pre-Crisis Superman and almost developed a drinking problem.... Its not inconsistent. Maestro did a good job pointing out these inconsistencies BUT does that really take away from the feats though? Its a thin line. Did Mahjong Power passively effect someone and KO them? YES it did. Did that very same seen also not effect the audience? Yes it did. Personally, this seems more like a range issue then anything else. Like being in close proximity to someone with superior Mahjong Power will mess you up but being a several dozen meters away is safe. I think Maestro should have touched on this a little more rather then just saying its inconsistent and dismissing the thing all together.

Uncanny did call out that Maestro didn't really defend the soul/mental resistance of his duo very well. Maestro did say that Jack has the soul of the planet but that's rather unquantifiable from what I've read. Personally I think this was a valid avenue for Uncanny to pursue but he stepped on his own foot but being too forceful with it. He tried doing TOO much at once.

Hitler precog + Locating JB across the planet + JB teleporting them together

The ensuing combo opening the floor for Maestro's argument that JB would be KO'd by Hitler.

Honestly I think its the simple starting distance that decided the winner here. By separating Hitler and JB, Maestro forced them to FIRST reunite before attacking his duo. The range of Jenny and Jack's attacks also heavily played in Maestro's favor, being outside that Mahjong Power range like the audience. If this was a standard fight where both opponent's started like 50m apart, I think Hitler would have won this match but without that close proximity and without JB's support (since Mahjong Power would just KO her), Hitler is left wide open in a 2 v 1 against characters that attack from well outside his effective range.

In short, Maestromage gets my vote.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Quick vote cause tbh I binged this and it wasn’t easy to get through this, but I was convinced of

Hitler being out of his weight class power wise

Inconsistent power system from his verse

JB’s resistance comes from having the same type of ability which isn’t the same as full on immunity

And prep was being undersold a bit, you can’t have the first attack when you spawn onto the battlefield and your opponent has time to prepare. Especially when the team starts in different locations? It’s not a comparison, they have to instantly defend attacks before they can do anything including meet back up

I give it to maestromage

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a decent amount going on in this match and it's actually interesting to think of fight-wise. There are a few things both sides could've worked on. Maestro could've given clearer physicals for his team and more of a plan B. While Uncanny fumbled a bit on specific counterpoints. The counter for Engineer scaling had some validity, while the nuke shields argument for New Kansas was entirely baseless.

Maestro has the key advantage circulating around three key points. The first is location advantage with Uncanny's team being separated. No, this is not an impossible situation, but Justice Bringer would need notable tactical acumen and decision-making to not get at least somewhat disrupted by it. Uncanny didn't show any, and JB comes off as rather absent-minded in general. Second is that Hitler is instantly positioned to die. The thing that stuck out to me the most here is that Hitler's powers seem primarily soul/mental based, and he is being attacked by the physical city which has no sorts of things. Finally, Uncanny denying to address the friendly fire aspect of Hitler is an admission that Mahjong power is either useless or too would instantly incapacitate JB. Hitler is simply a poor teammate for this setting.

Uncanny threw in some new lines of arguments in his last post, which is bad form since Maestro doesn't get to respond to it, but notably, I don't see why JB starting out of Jenny's range would be a problem. Jenny can simply door within range of him. Maestro's failing would not be Jenny's failing in this case.

So my vote goes to @maestromage

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm Voting for @maestromage for this debate. On the whole, it felt like Maestro constantly had control over the pace & flow of the match, whilst @uncannyrewind was always on the back foot, having to defend these inherently janky characters from their own narratively produced problems. By the end of the debate, it was clear that the gag-filled nature of the manga made lots of points, such as a lot of Mahjong's passive effects or JB's lightning or soul attacks, which were built with the idea of getting a laugh out, instead of creating a coherent character with an offensive gameplan or fighting style, something Maestro was all too willing to capitalize and exploit.

Meanwhile, Maestro's whole plan was built around control. Whether it be the locations of his enemies, the multitude of offensive options & the sheer scale of the operation, there was a clear gameplan going into things, whilst still leaving a lot of wiggle room, compared to Rewind kind of just having a "meet-up, put hands up and throw down." mentality. Not an inherently bad strategy, but against The Authority, it simply isn't the plan of attack without some seriously deep pockets. Instead, especially by the end, it felt like Rewind had to resort to trying to maintain his own perspective on both his own feats and what Maestro presented, creating a lot of simply unreasonable assumptions (shields that only affect nukes? think about the implications of that for a second), in part leading to the flailing about that let Jack & Jenny capitalize and finish the fight before it even starts.

Overall, certainly an interesting debate with a different perspective than most, but the nature of the beast really showed.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a surprisingly good match, and I honestly wasn’t expecting the meme team to be as formidable as they were. With that said, I think my vote has to go to Maestro.

After the counters, the core points for me where;

- Which team had the first move, which I was convinced would be Maestro.

- Therefore whether or not Hitler and JB could survive the initial attack they get caught in, and whilst I was convinced that JB could, despite not being overwhelmingly represented, it was abundantly clear Hitler couldn’t.

- Even if JB could escape and save Hitler, Hitler would accidentally KO him in return, so they were in your classic catch 22.

It seemed that even if Uncanny’s plan pulled off, he f***s himself by default, and I wasn’t convinced by his attempts to call Jack and Jenny’s output into question.

Uncanny made some good points mind; Jenny’s range was obviously stretched initially, and I wasn’t convinced that Jack or Jenny could resist Hitlers charming/illusions, but Maestro’s plan didn’t really rely on them getting physically close.

Good debate, but Maesteo takes it for me.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah as the ball rolls, so do I: Maestro won imo. Not that uncanny debated badly by any means, in fact like most people here have said, he put up a pretty good freaking show. The biggest darner was, again as has been said repeatedly, Hitler basically taking out JB for Maestro. This isn't something you want to leave uncontested, yet it was.

Before that, and maybe up to his second post, I might've even had Uncanny. But Maestro just really drilled in that closer. Like, he went in and drilled in particular the point about his team attacking first. This, coupled with complete battlefield control and Jenny's powerful backup are what seals the deal. Another big point for Maestro was him emphasizing the opponent team's lack of ability to respond perfectly: they knew about enemy abilities, but not enemy plans.

I also agree with Darth's saying that if Uncanny had put more of his closing points in earlier posts (which, given Maestro doesn't get a chance to counter, have to be ignored almost by default) he might've taken more points.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

It was not easy to cast aside my biases for this debate, so I decided to analyze it as objectively as possible. I will vote based on the strategies and arguments strictly, and strip any and all identity away from the characters and users. I've divided my examination by post and I'll proceed as if the discussion was presented anonymously in a vacuum.

PostMaestromage (Debater #1)Uncannyrewind (Debater #2)Verdict/Winning Argument
Opener

The most notable arguments in Debater 1's post come from the strategy. Simply put, the plan was absolute battlefield control and domination via Jenny's incredible range, with speed and power at the limits across this range (shown to be thousands of kilometers) complemented by Jack's virtual omnipresence throughout the city-planet. It should also be duly noted that the opponents started in completely different locations and positions, and Jack would have awareness of this and some level of knowledge on them based on receiving information from the planet.

Debater 2 presented several quality counterpoints and contradictions to the abilities of Debater 1's team, including asserting a self-evident versatility advantage combined with knowledge, precognition, and speed at the limits. On top of this were several passive hax and hax that would need to be immediately addressed for Debater 1 to realize a win condition. However, Debater 2 ultimately overreached with knowledge and his strategy of destroying much of the city felt null considering the city and range of the battlefield expanding to the whole planet, and their AP cap and Debater 1's range would circumvent that.

None. Debater 1 has no primary win condition at this point beyond pure force which can't be achieved without addressing the passive abilities of Debater 2. Debater 2 overestimates his team's synergy and union in an ever-changing landscape regardless of their attacks on the planet (which are capped).

1st Rebuttal

Stats: Debater 1 showcased speed and power at the limits, reaffirming them after Debater 2's doubts. A standout is the point about the potency of Jack's city-based attacks being greater than his own mountain-level power, and his scaling to lightning speed which is a negligible speed difference to mach 300 (lightning varies in speed). Meaning he can attack wherever and whenever with enough force to press them. Hitler's durability is claimed unimpressive at this time, and it doesn't seem as if the passive Mahjong effects would affect structures and inanimate objects. Jenny also has some versatility with her power to manipulate electric brain signals, and her electricity being greater feat-wise than Debater 2's team. Lastly, a good argument was made about Hitler's Mahjong effects harming Justice Braver.

I was left entirely unconvinced speed was a deciding factor in a fight of this nature, but considering the precognition added to the speed perk, I would have to say that Debater 2 still retains the benefit of the doubt in terms of which characters actually get the first move. But Hitler and JB's first move would be to recuperate while Jenny and Jack's first move would be collapsing the environment on them and attacking, which Hitler and Justice would be forced to deal with. They can deal with this through teleportation, but assuming the TP works and everyone ends up in the sky moments into the battle, Debater 1 should maintain mobility and range advantages. Great counters and rebuttals were presented against the specific feats brought by Debater 1, a magnifying glass was held up to some of the stats and powers. But overall little was done to address a major hurdle that Debater 1 presented being that Hitler's passive abilities would affect Justice without the No Friendly Fire perk.

Debater 1 firmly takes the 2nd round of rebuttals. Debater 2 seemed to frantically reach out at things to counter while ignoring the more crucial points Debater 1 brought up.
2nd Rebuttal (Closer)Mostly dedicated his post to defend against the arguments and counters of Debater 2 that were focused on the individual capabilities of his team. But towards the end reaffirmed his position and win condition and again emphasized the importance of his advantages that were present at the beginning of the match. Which influences the order of the course of events that the rest of the debate would follow.Debater 2's final post was his best but still failed to successfully address Hitler's abilities affecting Justice Braver and didn't adequately counter the first move lag. Debater 2 states himself, and I quote "There is no "My team has the first move" when all it takes for JB to get [..] out of jacks immediate dangerous range(since he's the only one on your team who can take advantage of the range) is athought and hand movement.It doesn't matter if jack can launch stuff into space when at that point he's attempting to hit two targets who are both faster than him while one has precog and the other has teleportation from up to more than 500km away". Are Jack's abilities not also thought-activated? Despite Hitler's team being faster and having precog, wouldn't the moment they have to recognize they're separated be the same moment Jack and Jenny attack considered they had prep and will open with an attack when the match starts. Are they both also not starting in an area where the environment they're surrounded by or standing on would attack them? Do Jack and Jenny literally not also have teleportation?Debater 1 edges this out again, taking the match overall.

So all in all I'd give my vote to @maestromage. But I commend Uncannyrewind for raising excellent points at times and contributing his share to a rather thought-provoking discussion that had me flipping sides with every post. The ultimate catalyst for me was Uncanny's win condition not being firmly established due to a majority of his efforts being focused on debunking or downplaying his opponents and dismantling their strategy, while simultaneously appearing on the defensive as he nitpicked several feats. Without ever pressing his advantages or convincingly overcoming the predicament that would be his starting position, I didn't see him taking the majority of the battle compared to Maestro's team which seemed better thought-out, had a stable plan and strategy, and held his ground defending his feats and character's while emphasizing his benefits.

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By defiant_will
No Caption Provided

This is perhaps the first time I've ever found myself going against the grain in voting, especially to this extent. And in all honesty, it felt pointless to even try and vote because the score is already 9-0, Maestro has already all but moved on, and regardless of who I vote for, the result won't change. So to be frank, the sole reason I am even writing any of this is to cash in on the voting rewards and incentives (which I suppose is the entire point, but I digress). Yes, I am indeed going to be voting for @uncannyrewind.

Honestly, when I first read through this debate and came out leaning towards Uncanny, I was initially inclined to think I must've misread/misunderstood/missed something in the debate. So I reread the debate again and again, read through all of the votes, and pondered on it for a good chunk of time, all in the hopes of gaining full clarity on where my verdict lies. And, well, here we are. Despite the voting outcome thus far, this was very much a competitive debate that was quite back and fourth and to be honest, even if the majority of voters were not swayed to his side, for Uncanny to be literally sweeped without a single vote to show for it is unfair. Rest assured, however, that I am not voting for Uncanny purely to be a contrarian or out of pity. No, as I said, I genuinely think he won this debate. As many have pointed out, Uncanny's argumentation was far from perfect; but very few have addressed the just as numerous flaws in Maestro's argumentation. So, let's discuss.

The first difference between myself and the consensus is that I actually wasn't convinced by the notion of Hitler and Justice Braver being so completely and utterly discombobulated from their separation + Jenny and Jack's attacks that they couldn't mount an offensive of their own. I think Uncanny referring to Maestro's rhetoric as "making a mountain out of a mole hill" was apt in this regard. He grossly exaggerated how disadvantaged Uncanny's team were, to the point of making something as simple as literal instant teleportation seem like a nigh impossible affair. No, I was not swayed at the notion that someone with space-time teleportation magic, who teleports people from across universes, would search through the area he was in when he noticed his partner was nowhere to be found... as opposed to just thinking, waving his hand, and uniting with him... instantly. I get it, Hitler starts in a toilet, Justice Braver is thousands of kilometers underground, they are separated and the very environment around them is attacking them. But when you are dealing with someone who has instant teleportation (INSTANT TELEPORTATION since I feel like that just wasn't emphasized enough), even those cards being stacked against them just isn't enough. As Uncanny said:

all it takes for JB to get out of jacks immediate dangerous range isa thought and and handmovement

A thought and hand movement will 1) instantly remove JB from any immediate danger and quite possibly any danger for a significant time if Maestro's only counter to them floating in the upper atmospheres is to chuck the Eiffel Tower at them and 2) instantly remove Hitler from any immediate danger. One thing that I noticed is that Maestro painted these events as sequential as opposed to simultaneous. While Hitler is getting his head out of a toilet and dealing with Jack's attacks, Justice Braver will be trying to reconnect with him and escape from danger. Essentially, Hitler is only in remote danger for as long as it takes Justice Braver to think "Hey, let me teleport to my partner and get outta here" and wave his hand. So then it becomes an issue of can Hitler hold out long enough to survive until that happens. Well given he has a speed advantage (not game changing by any means, but still discernable + I wasn't convinced by Jack's speed scaling as I will get into later) and precognition, it was hardly a stretch to me to envision Hitler standing his ground for the brief time interval before Justice Braver teleports them both out of that situation.

Brief caveat (there will be plenty of those), but I think Maestro's argument against the precog was pretty lazy. The whole argument of lowballing Hitler's precog and likening it to "predicting [not foreseeing, but predicting] the future of a board game where you can clearly see all the moves being made" was just dishonest given Hitler views "reads", "flows", and literal statistical analysis (in other words, the highest levels of prediction in Mahjong) to be mere GAMBLING in comparison to his own abilities as he then emphasizes the impressiveness of "insight into the future"... or future sight. This isn't Hitler reading into the specific nuances of Mahjong and then "predicting" what will happen... this is Hitler SEEING THE FUTURE. He sees the future within the space-time continuum, that's not something that is only relevant to Mahjong and Maestro unironically dismissing this BONA FIDE, EXPLICIT AND CONFIRMED future sight as irrelevant to this battle because "it has no feats in combat" is almost insane to me. Future sight is one of those abilities that speaks for itself. If you can see the future, you can see the future. And if someone who can see the future is attacked, they can make preemptive adjustments to not get tagged.

While I'm at it, let's talk about Jack's speed so you really understand where I'm coming from. I was not impressed. At all. Let me get this straight. Midnighter uses his speed + inherent skill to tag a speedster (a speedster that IS faster than him, mind you). Jack fights Midnighter and is clearly and demonstrably inferior, to the point that in one of their fights Midnighter takes him out rather easily as soon as he deems "the show over" and stops playing around. So not only is Midnighter slower than the Speedster, and so much slower that he has to rely on his skill to compensate and tag said speedster. And not only is that same Midnighter able to comfortably outfight and beat Jack. But to top it all off that speedster could very well be SLOWER than Mach 300 based on the lower end results of Maestro's calc? Yeah no, not convinced of Jack's speed argument here and with Hitler having irrefutable Mach 300 speed in ALL areas as well as bona fide future sight, I am pretty sure he'd be able to endure Jack's assault just fine before Justice Braver teleports them out.

So from there, there is this supposed issue of Justice Braver being one shotted by Hitler's Mahjong Power. I feel like I read a different debate than some of the voters here because there were certain people that said it wasn't addressed when it very much was. It all started in Maestro's second post, when he asked how Justice Braver would be able to deal with Hitler's passive Mahjong Power without a friendly fire perk. To which Uncanny said that it can and has been controlled by Hitler

Uncanny's Second Post

Citing this example

No Caption Provided

To which Maestro said this

This is such a bizarre misinterpretation of the scene that I have to wonder if you've actually read this fight at any point in the last year. What's actually happening is pretty much the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.The Nazi Darius who died did so completely randomly and independently of any action taken by Hitler, it was a 100% passive side effect. He didn't "leave one alive to tell the tale",

Maestro's Closer

Essentially asserting that this is not an example of Hitler controlling his power. And Uncanny, in response, cites another example of it being controlled in his closer:

The better example to use is Mask of Mahjong. It's made abundantly clear that Mahjong players can a control their mahjong power level and direct it. Mask of Mahjong loses conrtol of his mahjong power level(cause he's was technically already dead but resurrected) and starts releasing it onto the audience in the area, It's made abundantly clear that the sole source of the issue is him yet Shinjou is completely fine(meaning he isn't reducing his yet is capable of not exerting it on others) while mask of mahjong starts doing so without control

Uncanny's Closer

Now, this is weird to evaluate cause he is citing a new example in his last post and dropping his initial talking point. But it also felt disingenuous to completely dismiss it given the example was actually kind of convincing. I mean there was explicit emphasis on Mahjong Power being uncontrollable, wild and expanding to hurt even those not playing the game, implying that this is not normal or the standard, especially so considering Shinjou's involvement in the scene and his Mahjong Power not doing that. In such a case, it was hard for me to logically reconcile that with Hitler's Mahjong Power (someone who seems to be a high/top tier of the verse with experience and exceptionally potent Mahjong Power) being just as volatile and unable to be tamed. At the very least, I wasn't really convinced that JB would just die in Hitler's presence. The same can't be said for Maestro's team.

Okay so here is what I really mean about Maestro's flaws kind of just being ignored by everyone. Because the arguments against Hitler's hax especially were just weird to me. For starters, Uncanny effectively nipped Maestro's "inconsistency" narrative right in the bud through explaining the context throughout the series; essentially establishing a narrative consistency in the inconsistency of Mahjong Power killing everything and everyone in range. As far as Jenny and Jack's hax resistance goes, you will notice there is nothing to show for it. Nothing. So what does Maestro do? He defaults to the "well this only worked on fodder" whilst failing to prove why his team would fair any better? Fodder is such a buzzword but people don't realize that fodder is a relative term and you don't just get to ascribe your team an arbitrary hax resistance to Hitler's kit (be it to his illusions, charm, or Mahjong Power) by calling its victims "fodder" or "the most fodder of fodder" and moving right along. That was just never going to be convincing (well it was for some reason, but you catch my drift lol). Oh and when he isn't just calling everyone fodder, he says stuff like this

Hitler can and has just lost those, as he did against the Pope, so it's hardly unbeatable.

But, like Uncanny pointed out, Pope's ability to resist Hitler's hax (Twilight of the Gods) IS NOT RELEVANT and has ZERO BEARING on Maestro's team. And even with Justice Braver, I was similarly underwhelmed. Like:

We can literally see his soul coming out of his body and he still has the capacity to smack the sword away, that's my point.

Her lack of control doesn't change anything about what I actually said, that being that it relies on melee contact and isn't an instant win regardless.

It's not an instant win because she was restricting the sword and if she HAD NOT restricted the sword, the sword would have devoured his soul the moment it dropped... thereby "instantly winning." Like arguments like these were pretty disappointing and I could tell they were only made because Jenny and Jack lack the hax resistance. And the soul hax being limited to melee range doesn't really matter against someone who can teleport you to melee range at any given moment. So Uncanny's team had several win conditions as I saw it.

For Maestro's team, the main threat was Jenny, at least on paper. Her speed was explicit and well established (in STARK contrast to Jack's dubious speed scaling chain) and she had electricity going for her. The problem is that I didn't really buy Maestro's strat with her to be honest. Uncanny fairly asked for ANY showings of Jenny using her powers to drain and manipulate the electricity within brains from several to dozens to hundreds of miles away to which Maestro said

A character not using their powers to do something we know they can do does not in any way suddenly mean that they cannot do that, but what's worse is that you haven't even bothered to bring some examples.

I mean this just isn't convincing. One because it was not even just about Jenny not being able to do it, it was also a question of if she even would. When the only example you've shown is Jenny manipulating the electricity of a giant ass brain in a non combat situation, I think it is more than fair to inquire if there is any reason, any EVIDENCE, to suggest that Jenny would all of a sudden start draining, sniping and frying brains from across the planet. And that even if she can operate on a massive scale, if she can even apply her powers precisely enough to manipulate and drain a human sized brain which is, again, quite literally on the other side of the planet. It also didn't help that Maestro just expected me to be on board with this while harping on in character tendencies for Uncanny's team throughout the debate and being skeptical of something as self-explanatory as FUTURE SIGHT for similar reasons.

So yeah, all in all, I was inclined to side with Uncanny. You may have noticed that Uncanny's flaws weren't really touched on too much and that's cause I felt like it would be beating a dead horse (Yes, the lightning resistance arguments were abysmal). Neither side was perfect, but in the end, I didn't feel like there were adequate answers to Uncanny's hax and powerset, which resulted in Maestro overcomplicating simple things (JB's teleportation) or using the "fodder" argument to give his team some made up hax resistance.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Maestro win