Clark Kent (Smallville) vs Thanos (MCU/IW)

• 57 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f7a341d4c366
deactivated-5f7a341d4c366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Clark Kent (Smallville) vs Thanos (MCU/IW) (107 votes)

Kal-El 77%
Thanos 23%

Clark Kent from Smallville, with feats only up to Season 5.

And Thanos from Avengers: Infinity War, with only 5 of the 6 stones. (Right before he took the stone from Vision's head.)

No prep

Morals on

Fight takes place in Smallville

Who wins?

• 
carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clark stomps 10/10

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark blitz and stomps

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Time Stone, no hope

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark destroys Thanos all day every day.

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 5 Clark isn't beating Thanos, but it will be a chore for Thanos trying to beat Clark with the lack of speed in comparison.

No Time Stone, no hope

He has the time stone in this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3e40c1c0bb8
deactivated-5b3e40c1c0bb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark is too fast.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If thanos can't snap, he loses.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wrecks him lol. SV Supes was insanely OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ejorpsnruter: Have you ever watched Smallville? Dude, Clark remained completely unfazed by a NUCLEAR mission, as well as ran from Kansas to South America in seconds!

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark breaks Thanos’ fingers

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pmcinelly784

@xzone said:

If thanos can't snap, he loses.

He won't have time lol not that he can anyways

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cer1992 said:

@ejorpsnruter: Have you ever watched Smallville? Dude, Clark remained completely unfazed by a NUCLEAR mission, as well as ran from Kansas to South America in seconds!

I've watched Smallville several times(entire series) and own all 10 seasons on DVD. Now the feat you are talking about he actually threw the warhead away from him before it exploded so no, he didn't tank a nuclear missile. He was hit by some of it, but nowhere near the whole thing. He absolutely has a huge speed advantage in this fight even during season 5 but his striking really didn't start to get impressive until season 7. And, Thanos has the time stone here. If he wanted to, he could freeze Clark in time and then hit him with the moon destroying blast from the power stone. With just season 5, It would be extremely hard for Clark to actually win. It is possible if he blitzed nonstop, but while this Clark did blitz, he never did it nonstop.

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EjorpSnruteR

@cer1992 said:

I'm fully aware of Clark's capability. Outside of speed, season 5 Clark is not on the tier of Thanos.

Also, even if he got hit with the nuclear missile, how would that be enough for Thanos? Thor's Sokovia feat is calced in the low megatons, Hela's Mjolnir feat (which is now made even more legitimate after IW) is a gigaton feat (island level) and Thor was able to withstand a few attacks from her, yet Thanos rolostomped Thor not even using ANY stones, and you think Clark taking a nuclear blast (which he didn't) would be enough?

Clark only has speed here. Period.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

people saying clark need to go back to preschool

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arctika

lol people here just making childish remarks without an argument doesn't help their case. Can totally tell a lot of people on here never even watched SV. When he moves you see time practically stop in motion, ie Flashtime on CW currently. You see rain STOP as he's moving. No way Thanos is reacting to that, sorry.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Clark doesn't just have speed, he has flight technically(season 4 anyone?) heat vision, super strength. Just speed my ass lol...too many MCU IW wankers on this site it's ridiculous. Season 5 Clark takes out Thanos but may have some trouble, Season 10 Clark stomps him lol. I'd like to know these topics always limit DC characters while giving Thanos the IG....lol

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RR79

@arctika said:

lol people making lame insults are in serious denial. Clark doesn't just have speed, he has flight technically(season 4 anyone?) heat vision, super strength. Just speed my ass lol...too many MCU IW wankers on this site it's ridiculous. Season 5 Clark takes out Thanos but may have some trouble, Season 10 Clark stomps him lol. I'd like to know these topics always limit DC characters while giving Thanos the IG....lol

Clark does NOT know how to fly at Season 5. The ONLY time he flew was when he was being controlled. His strength wasn't great until season 7. Heat vision against the reality stone? Yeah, good luck with that. If it was season 10 Clark, sure. Even if it was season 7 Clark I would say he should win. Season 5 Clark just isn't enough. And they didn't give Thanos the full gauntlet either, they limited it to before he got the mind stone. That being said, I do agree about lame insults.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By arctika

@rr79: He doesn't know how to but he's CAPABLE of such, as we saw in Season 4. Yes by Jor-El that's my point, but either way he don't need any of that he's still way too fast for Thanos here, look at the gifs I've posted above. And his strength wasn't exactly weak before Season 5, he just wasnt pushing himself til later seasons but still he did things like caught a car, flew into a tornado season one which he did but not on purpose it was more instinctual and he even said "felt like I was almost flying" at one point. Season 4 he was being mind controlled by Jor-El but still is more than capable of flight being my point.

Yeah but you see Thanos would have to have time to use the reality stone, in that time Clark would have already blitzed him. So good luck with countering that speed....it's already been established on CV that the only live speedster to be faster than Clark on SV is Bart on SV. What the hell is Thanos going to do to react to that speed? Nobody in MCU who he faced showed even a fraction of that speed yet they were still giving him a bit of a hard time, I mean it's not like he oneshot everyone instantly. Also just want to point out that the OP is clearly limiting Clark here with "season 5" why not put Clark season 10 since he's giving Thanos the gauntlet? lol People by majority here already feel Clark would win, Clark simply has more, better feats in the 5 years he's given here than Thanos in one 2 and half hour movie. Pretty sure it didn't go how Thano wanted by the time the movie ended.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@rr79: He doesn't know how to but he's CAPABLE of such, as we saw in Season 4. Yes by Jor-El that's my point, but either way he don't need any of that he's still way too fast for Thanos here, look at the gifs I've posted above. And his strength wasn't exactly weak before Season 5, he just wasnt pushing himself til later seasons but still he did things like caught a car. Yeah but you see Thanos would have to have time to use the reality stone, in that time Clark would blitz him. So good luck with countering that speed....Also just want to point out that the OP is clearly limiting Clark here with "season 5" why not put Clark season 10 since he's giving Thanos the gauntlet? lol

Being capable doesn't mean much if you don't know how. I already know how fast he is. He is in the high quadruple digit to low quintuple digit mach numbers in travel speed at this point. However, I also know how he fights in the series. He generally does blitz at first but he never blitzes nonstop. And a single blitz won't take Thanos down with his level of strength in season 5. I don't mean to say he is weak, but when compared to people like MCU Thor and Hulk, who are weaker than Thanos, he is weak at this point. So yes, Thanos would have plenty of time to use the time stone. He would easily survive a single blitz from Clark. And again, he isn't giving Thanos the full Gauntlet, he doesn't have all the stones. But if he put him up against season 10 Clark it wouldn't really be a good fight because by then Clark is much stronger to go with the fact that he is MFTL at that point. He would have to give Thanos the full Gauntlet then.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@arctika said:

@rr79: He doesn't know how to but he's CAPABLE of such, as we saw in Season 4. Yes by Jor-El that's my point, but either way he don't need any of that he's still way too fast for Thanos here, look at the gifs I've posted above. And his strength wasn't exactly weak before Season 5, he just wasnt pushing himself til later seasons but still he did things like caught a car. Yeah but you see Thanos would have to have time to use the reality stone, in that time Clark would blitz him. So good luck with countering that speed....Also just want to point out that the OP is clearly limiting Clark here with "season 5" why not put Clark season 10 since he's giving Thanos the gauntlet? lol

Being capable doesn't mean much if you don't know how. I already know how fast he is. He is in the high quadruple digit to low quintuple digit mach numbers in travel speed at this point. However, I also know how he fights in the series. He generally does blitz at first but he never blitzes nonstop. And a single blitz won't take Thanos down with his level of strength in season 5. I don't mean to say he is weak, but when compared to people like MCU Thor and Hulk, who are weaker than Thanos, he is weak at this point. So yes, Thanos would have plenty of time to use the time stone. He would easily survive a single blitz from Clark. And again, he isn't giving Thanos the full Gauntlet, he doesn't have all the stones. But if he put him up against season 10 Clark it wouldn't really be a good fight because by then Clark is much stronger to go with the fact that he is MFTL at that point. He would have to give Thanos the full Gauntlet then.

But my point he did it twice, once by being mind controlled ok but the other on instinct. I'm not saying he'd resort to flying just saying if we're going by 1-5 he has technically flown but like I've stated earlier, he doesn't even need to fly here. He does have other options, he learned heat vision in that time, super breath and his strength was still technically maturing much like some of his other powers like freezing breath which he didn't learn til later, full control of flight of course and utilizing his power. It may not with one shot but Clark can just keep blitzing him until he's down, I mean if Thor can give him a hard time I'm pretty sure it's save to say SM Superman can. I wouldn't say he's weak, so I'd have to disagree there. Sure weaker than he is later on but still insanely powerful for the time shown at that point in time. I don't see him having that much time given how fast Clark moves to use the stone honestly. Clark running speed was also FTL...I believe it was season 4 he ran literally from south america to kansas in a matter of seconds. That being said I guess we should agree to disagree. I'm not saying Thanos will get oneshot, but I don't see him beating Clark either here.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heres one of my favorite of smallville, it's season 4

Loading Video...

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:
@rr79 said:
@arctika said:

But my point he did it twice, once by being mind controlled ok but the other on instinct. I'm not saying he'd resort to flying just saying if we're going by 1-5 he has technically flown but like I've stated earlier, he doesn't even need to fly here. He does have other options, he learned heat vision in that time, super breath and his strength was still technically maturing much like some of his other powers like freezing breath which he didn't learn til later, full control of flight of course and utilizing his power. It may not with one shot but Clark can just keep blitzing him until he's down, I mean if Thor can give him a hard time I'm pretty sure it's save to say SM Superman can. I wouldn't say he's weak, so I'd have to disagree there. Sure weaker than he is later on but still insanely powerful for the time shown at that point in time. I don't see him having that much time given how fast Clark moves to use the stone honestly. Clark running speed was also FTL...I believe it was season 4 he ran literally from south america to kansas in a matter of seconds. That being said I guess we should agree to disagree. I'm not saying Thanos will get oneshot, but I don't see him beating Clark either here.

Actually, he didn't fly by instinct, what you are talking about all he was doing was hovering over his bed while he was asleep. Fact still remains that he could not fly at this time under his own power. The only time he ever actually flew at this point in time was while he was under the control of Jorel. And again Heat Vision isn't going to work very well against the reality stone, no better than all the missiles that Tony shot at Thanos. His breath was not even very powerful at this time, that didn't get powerful until after "Dark Thursday". And again, his strength, while not exactly weak, is not even on par with MCU Thor and Hulk at this point, and Thanos is stronger than both of them. Thanos took a surprise attack from Hulk and treated it like it was nothing, and this was when he only had one stone that he didn't even use. Clark also didn't have freeze breath until season 9. Given how Clark fought regularly on the show, he won't just blitz over and over, he never once did that throughout the entire show. And no, Clark did not get any FTL feat until season 8. The Kansas to South America was high quadruple digit mach numbers. I calced it once a few months ago but can't remember the exact numbers. We can agree to disagree if you want, believe me, I loved Smallville. I wouldn't have all 10 seasons on DVD if I didn't. But at season 5 I just don't believe Clark has enough to beat Thanos with 5 of the 6 stones. If it was out of character or bloodlusted, maybe. But the way Clark always fought on the show, he wouldn't be able to do it.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By arctika

RR79 Yes he did, end of season 1 He just leaps into the tornado to save lana and afterwards he said it felt like he was almost flying...season finale. If he wasn't flying or having air control over his body he would have been tossed like a ragdoll. Yes I'm aware but saying he could still fly in terms of what he was capable of. Perhaps but at least heat vision is more versatile than a few generic missiles from a suit. Yeah but he can still use that like pushing wind at thanos. Hulk and Thor aren't really that strong when you think about it, I mean Thor one he got KO by a car....and Hulk got KOed by Iron Man Hulk buster suit punching him. I am pretty certain neither of those would knock out Clark in any season, just saying. Yeah I know I'm saying he didn't learn freeze breath til later on, i'm talking about super breath where he sneezed/pushes air like he did with the clouds earlier seasons.

Yeah but Clark used his speed a lot pre flying and his strength, he can blitz Thanos before he knows what hit him. Calculations are going to be different from person to person point is it was insanely fast speed feat that Thanos has never faced from anyone he faced in IW. Yes I too have all 10 seasons of it and the comics afterwards where he even admits to Batman after Batman says "you really are faster than a speeding bullet" referring to his flight speed, but Clark says "you should have seen me before I flew, I was even faster" confirming his running speed is faster than his flying speed. But for this topic like majority have said, still going Clark. Thanos is going to get a lot of hype now cause the movie is out, it's a trend I'm noticing on here. But sure I don't mind agreeing to disagree. All good.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark blitzes. Thanos is not touching him. Mismatch

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously can't believe people think season 5 Smallville Clark can beat a top tier in MCU.

It's sad how much MCU is downplayed here.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos gets blitzed before he can use the reality stone or time stone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Season 7 was the season where Clark used his heat vision to completely evaporate an entire river in seconds.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stops time

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gokluma

Smallville Supes solos since he is too fast and still far above than MCU avengers in terms of superpowers.

If Spiderman and Ironman can hurt him then this kryptonian will do it as well.

Avatar image for celestialknight
CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CelestialKnight

The thing is Clark definitely has the capabilities to beat Thanos even by Season 5 but the only issue is that he under-uses his powers in melee constantly. Like he doesn't use his insane speed (that I know he's capable of even by this point) to avoid hits in melee at times. Having said that, as long as he doesn't job, Clark wins this.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing is Clark definitely has the capabilities to beat Thanos even by Season 5 but the only issue is that he under-uses his powers in melee constantly. Like he doesn't use his insane speed to avoid hits in melee at times. Having said that, as long as he doesn't job, Clark wins this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CelestialKnight

@plotweapon16255: I said "at times". I know he has used his speed to dodge/evade. I wasn't denying that he's done it before. But yes, thanks for a good refresher (not sarcasm).

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: I said "at times". I know he has at times. I wasn't denying that he's done it before. But yes, thanks for a good refresher (not sarcasm).

Those 'at times' are mostly coz he hold back against human level beings.

CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CelestialKnight

@plotweapon16255: Respectfully asking, what does holding back against human-level beings have to do with using his speed to dodge attacks from opponents? Like why would that prevent him from using speed to dodge? I can understand if he holds back his offense in terms of like pulling back his hits. Using speed to dodge is about avoiding getting hurt. why would he just not use his speed to dodge or avoid being hit? One can say that it's because he's so strong he normally can tank almost everything but see below for a couple examples from guys who could do damage to him.

For the record, I'm not trying to come off as aggressively arguing with your point. I'm genuinely curious what your opinions are or what you have to say. I'm not trying to pick an argument with you bc like I mentioned, I do think Clark takes this. I really just want to hear someone else's thoughts and have a fruitful discussion cause I'm curious.

S7 - I know this is a S7 example but even a more experienced Clark gets tagged an awful lot here in this fight. No one doubts Clark is gonna win. It just seems like his high-end speed feats can easily help out here and save a lot of damage. In theory, he shouldn't even get tagged even if he does get fazed by Titan's hits. I acknowledge he does block hits here.

Loading Video...

S2 example - At 0:14 he gets hit. You can say that he didn't see it coming until it was too late and that he had little time to react but even at 0:24 the other guy managed to get his hands on Clark and tosses him. Even if he's not trying to kill these guys, I just feel he could have saved himself a lot of trouble.

Loading Video...

Again, I'm not tryna argue. I'm tryna discuss bc I wanna hear someone else's thoughts.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By plotweapon16255

@celestialknight said:

@plotweapon16255: Respectfully asking, what does holding back against human-level beings have to do with using his speed to dodge attacks from opponents?Like why would that prevent him from using speed to dodge?I can understand if he holds back his offense in terms of like pulling back his hits. Using speed to dodge is about avoiding getting hurt. why would he just not use his speed to dodge or avoid being hit? One can say that it's because he's so strong he normally can tank almost everything but see below for a couple examples from guys who could do damage to him.

He got sued, accidentally injured people, almost got himself killed coz of using his stats knowingly/unknowingly against human.

he was already in Chloe & lex radar who were looking for proof that he is a superhuman.

For the record, I'm not trying to come off as aggressively arguing with your point. I'm genuinely curious what your opinions are or what you have to say. I'm not trying to pick an argument with you bc like I mentioned, I do think Clark takes this. I really just want to hear someone else's thoughts and have a fruitful discussion cause I'm curious.

Ok, I get it.

S7 - I know this is a S7 example but even a more experienced Clark gets tagged an awful lot here in this fight. No one doubts Clark is gonna win. It just seems like his high-end speed feats can easily help out here and save a lot of damage. In theory, he shouldn't even get tagged even if he does get fazed by Titan's hits. I acknowledge he does block hits here.

Sword example - At 0:14 he gets hit. You can say that he didn't see it coming until it was too late and that he had little time to react but

Even comics characters wouldn't usually react to a off guarded attack & Titan was suppose to be a physical match for him.

FYI : Titan's physiology was the tech used to make Prometheus technology that gave lana kryptonian level speedster power.

Loading Video...

even at 0:24 the other guy managed to get his hands on Clark and tosses him. Even if he's not trying to kill these guys, I just feel he could have saved himself a lot of trouble.

IIRC, they were using kryptonite inhaler.

Again, I'm not tryna argue. I'm tryna discuss bc I wanna hear someone else's thoughts.

Even in comic characters still jobbes/nerfed for the sake of plot.

So, they can't make the character to use full potential every time & have a good plot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville Superman makes statues out of Thanos even better than DCEU Superman can. And then kills him using HV or hitting him many times before he can process a single thought.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if Thanos can do what Apoc did to quicksilver

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would win, this version of Thanos takes too long to activate his IG, and to be honest, he's not the smartest at using it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol... Thanos be like "Somebody Saaaavee meeeeee."

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos dies before his single brain cell realizes what the hell is going on. He won't have a time to make a sad fart, let alone use the gauntlet.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville stomps him so hard it's not even funny, really.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Of course Clark wins this.

@b_r023 said:

Actually made me laugh lol

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By buttersdaman000

@b_r023 said:

lmao

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kal-El

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlackWizzard17

Iron man Manged to hold his own, Clark could definitely remove the gauntlet and win.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much the quicksilver apoc fight but thanos doesn't catch up and track. Even if he could Clark's strength would make him mush on the second or third punch