Civil War CaV: Kevd4wg (Adam Warlock) vs Korby (Midora)

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

Challengers, Take The Stage

No Caption Provided

The Rules of Engagement

• Characters are fighting to the best of their abilities
  • Combatants are in character but serious
  • Anime/Movie/LN feats allowed
  • No knowledge, random encounter
  • Win by K.O., incap, or death
  • Starting distance is 20 feet apart and visible
  • Standard gear
  • Indestructible Planet
  • Composite Warlock/Magus w/o amps, soul gem, or soul attacks

Location - Remote

No Caption Provided

Voters:

• Please refrain from posting your opinion on the match until it's done.
  • Ask to be tagged if you wished to be tagged for voting.
  • Don't vote on who you think is more powerful, but on who had the better arguments.
  • When giving your vote, give an explanation on why you think the person won
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tag for everything

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Tag for votes. This will be a classic.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4 higherpower  Moderator

@kevd4wg@korby The 10-day time-limit for openers is concurrent and applies to both of you. That means round 2 should begin latest next Wednesday, January 17th (unless an extension is requested). After that, each side gets 10 days to make a rebuttal. Extensions are only granted if satisfactory post progress is shown.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

TAEP

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag. Despite how useless that is without notification

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Warlock: The Avatar of Life

No Caption Provided

Who is Adam Warlock?

Usually I'd skip over the bio, but Warlock's history informs his powerset and his feats and so I felt the need to include it. The true basis of Warlock's powers come from rebirth as he continuously dies and comes back to life a little bit different, usually in the form of his cocoon. This debate includes a composite Warlock, which includes all of his standard incarnations as well as all standard versions of his evil personality, The Magus. There is no actual difference between The Magus and Warlock besides their morality, but between the two there are about 15 distinct versions of Warlock I'll be drawing from in this debate, all of whom have different physicals, versatility, etc, with some universal aspects. I'll mention when feats come from a weaker version to demonstrate the version I'm using here is much more powerful, but the general takeaway you should have from the composite aspect of Warlock is that Adam Warlock in this debate is an incredibly versatile character, capable of almost anything you can imagine. I know Korby is weary of "stupid comic bullshit" and thus I do apologize in advance as Warlock is practically the king of "stupid comic bullshit," especially as a composite.

With that said, here is a comic retelling of Warlock's story that shows some of his different versions and should give some background on Warlock.

Reverse Order

And as a final part to this introduction I'd like to give a list of different powers you might from Warlock in this debate:

Powers and Abilities

• Superhuman Physicals
  • Flight
  • Energy Manipulation
  • Soul Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
  • Illusions
  • Telekinesis
  • Telepathy
  • Greatly Enhanced Senses
  • Perception Avoidance - Like invisibility from everything but basic senses
  • Teleportation
  • Advanced Fighting Skills
  • Advanced Strategic Mind

A quick aside on debating with comics

Since I know Korby doesn't have much experience about comic debating and I'm sure a few readers won't either I want to be upfront about some issues with debating comics. I'm mainly talking about inconsistency as any comic character with as many appearances as Warlock has been written by a lot of different authors, all with different ideas about Warlock's place in the Marvel hierarchy as well as the overall power level of Marvel characters. Luckily Warlock's different incarnations help with this issue as each writer usually deals with a different version of Warlock, but inconsistency can make scaling difficult. For this CaV I will only try to scale to similar time periods and in instances that I feel reflect the general relationship between two characters rather than a single instance of a character hurting another, which to me doesn't mean much in comics. I'll address this more when I actually scale characters, but I wanted to be upfront about it.

Combat with Warlock

I don't know anything about Midora that I did not google before this debate so I'm not going to focus this intro on any claims of how Warlock will definitively win this fight as I do not know which advantages to press, and instead I'll focus on how a composite Warlock would approach a fight, and thus what Midora will have to deal with.

Close quarters combat seems to be a pretty likely occurrence in this fight, which suits Warlock perfectly. With CQC I have to start by addressing physicals. I don't know where you plan on arguing Midora, but I don't expect Warlock to have an advantage in physicals - he doesn't need it. Regardless, in Warlock #11, Warlock easily overpowers and defeats Pre-Resurrection Thanos, who in his first appearance destroyed a planet as side effect of a battle and showed no signs of damage afterword(Iron Man #55).

Safe to say Warlock well exceeds planet busting as the basis of his physicality. I also want to mention that while Warlock is usually presented as a bit of a glass cannon, he still has impressive durability and in particular willpower showings that prove he will be difficult to take down. For example, in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #7, Warlock tanks a hit from a being to whom "The very stars will fall victim."

This is certainly an impressive feat, but I doubt it's something you think Midora couldn't exceed in power. Unfortunately outside of Warlock's durability there's a three headed hydra you have to surpass to put down Warlock: His healing, his shields, and his ability to escape a bad situation

Healing

To show Warlock's healing, he heals someone trying to rip his heart out(he doesn't have one) with no issue.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #19

It's also important to note here that having a gaping hole in Warlock's chest does not even slow him down. I'm not sure what counters you will have for healing, but I will mention that Warlock has a much more absurd healing feat, but going into it requires explaining a fair bit of Marvel lore so I'll save it and bring it up later if I need to.

Shields

To make it quick: Warlock can create shields capable of no-selling being at the center of a Supernova.

Annihilation: Conquest #3/4

Warlock can also pretty easily mix these shields into combat(Thanos: The Infinity Revelation)

The difficulty of keeping your hands on Warlock

The longest of these three sections and probably the most important. Warlock has a habit of using his wits, skill, stealth, and usually teleportation to catch opponents much more powerful than him off guard and defeat them. A perfect example of how effective Warlock is with these skills comes from Warlock's encounter with 10 Elite Rigellian troops, each of whom amped their physicals to be stronger than Warlock.

Thanos #2

Despite having the benefit of surprise as well as a physicals and numbers advantage, the Rigellians do not even touch Warlock after he teleports out of their dogpile. So even if Midora is stronger than Warlock and gets him into a compromising position, Warlock could quickly flip the tables and stomp Midora. Also worth mentioning this version of Warlock had limited versatility, including no shields and no healing.

Speed

Before I move on to addressing how Warlock might take out Midora, I figure I should first address the elephant in the room of all high tier battles: Speed. Warlock is a bit of a unique case in that in Marvel he is usually portrayed as a fast character, avoiding hits as part of his fighting style, yet he lacks a lot of high level raw speed feats. However, due to Warlock's general status as a fast character I feel better scaling him against other characters such as Silver Surfer. Take for example Silver Surfer/Warlock: Ressurection #4 when Warlock was able to easily dodge a pissed off Surfer's blast and restrain him without Surfer being able to stop him. At a similar time to this Surfer was capable of breaking free of restraints within a nanosecond while he was drained.

Marvel Comics Presents #1
Marvel Comics Presents #1

For those that do not know, light travels about a foot in a nanosecond, yet Surfer's arms clearly travel at a greater speed than that. Despite this, Warlock has consistently been portrayed as generally faster in combat than Surfer. If that scaling is a bit too vague for you, recently in Infinity Countdown #4 Warlock tagged Ultron while Ultron was flying away from him at FTL speeds

No Caption Provided

Hopefully speed won't become an issue in this debate, but Warlock should have no issue keeping up. If he does, I have some other answers for that as well.

Warlock's Win Conditions

Everything I've said so far in this debate is moot if I can't prove that Warlock can put down Midora. Luckily I don't think that will serve any sort of difficulty. With the myriad of versions and powers Warlock possesses, something eventually has to work. I don't want to waste time running through every possible way for Warlock to put down Midora, so I'll instead focus on a few key possibilities.

Some of these are pretty applicable to standard combat like his raw energy output, while some like Nerve Strikes would likely require Warlock to take Midora by surprise, which I think is pretty likely to happen between his teleportation, skill, and strategic thoughts. He's used a similar strategy to catch Silver Surfer off-guard and one-shot him for example

Thanos: The Infinity Revelation

Further making this possibility easier for Warlock, Warlock has displayed the ability to manipulate battles with illusions, which is describes as altering perception. Therefore it's possible Midora won't even realize what's happening or where Warlock is at any point in the fight, allowing Warlock to easily take him by surprise.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #23

Conclusion

I don't want to make any bold claims off an introduction, especially since you I haven't seen anything of Midora, but Warlock is an incredibly tough opponent to go up against. Taking him out is a herculean task due to his durability, shields, healing, and escapability, and all Warlock needs to beat Midora is for one of his many win conditions to work. I look forward to seeing what Midora has in store.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOAT

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

kev's gonna try to pull a fast one on ANOTHER random weeb? nice

tag for posts

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bruh kev actually posted…

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bruh kev actually posted…

Kev always posts the first one and then ghosts after as per Hooker tradition

heykorby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midora: Disciple Of The Gourmet God

No Caption Provided

The Basics- Toriko Planet Size

To begin with the Toriko planet is huge, Its so big that the third largest continent in the Human World (which only makes up 30% of the planet) is about twice the size of Eurasia. Alternatively in places like the Gourmet World (70% of the planet) there are animals so big that they can fit the entire United States inside of them. Continents themselves inside the Gourmet World are so mind numbingly huge that the second largest continent can fit the entire planet on it, alone.

No Caption Provided

The planet itself actually grew in size over the course of hundreds of millions of years due to a special type of bedrock that crash landed on the planet, eventually becoming the foundation of the planet overlapping the original Earth. The stated circumference of the planet is 220,000 Kilometers, which is 5x the circumference of the earth making it larger than every planet aside from Jupiter and Saturn. To put it into perspective here's a graph comparing it to Jupiter and the earth.

No Caption Provided

And that's not all of course, The planet has also been stated to give off more energy then even supernovas resulting from large stars when it explodes. This of course gives it an insane GBE to be capable of containing all of that energy, so while being able to bust a planet so large is impressive in itself, destroying the Toriko planet is in a different ballpark all together.

No Caption Provided

Strength/Dura

To begin with its been stated that Midora has the capability to destroy the planet, along with Acacias other disciples. Multiple showings in the series back up this statement, starting with Jirou who happens to have most of his power sealed stopping the entire planets rotation with a knocking.

Midora himself also has the feat of overpowering a giant gourmet energy construct that dwarfed the planet and was going to crush it.

Range is also not an issue for Midora, he has covered incredibly large portions of the planet with his attacks against Acacia, the effects were so severe that they were worried about the planet "breaking".

In terms of durability Midora was capable of putting up a good fight against Neo-Acacia the then strongest being in the verse, the one who was going to crush the planet with his gourmet energy constructs above. To put this into perspective the weakest form of Neo, which is when he had just woken up and hadn't evolved at all was capable of eating a supernova which he considers to be a mere "snack". Here's Midora tanking some of Neo-Acacia's attacks.

Speed

To keep this short and sweet, Midora has a feat of blitzing someone whos easily FTL 8 times in the fraction of a second. Joie had reacted to and even attempted to stop the beam of Derous which had seemingly exited the solar system within 2 panels when it had attacked Acacia.

Midora also bull-rushed after an attack from Neo-Acacia and punched him before he could even properly react from a decent distance, this Neo-Acacia being at his peak unlike the one in the scans above. Needless to say Midora is easily in the FTL+ range if not higher.

Abilities

To start with his arguably most well known ability, Minority World. This is a technique which takes control of the "minority" of atoms and flips them into the majority, granting them the power. This can be used in a multitude of ways ranging from flight and healing by controlling the minorities within ones own body, to effecting everything outside of them. This causes the ground to become soft and malleable, your body starts heading towards death shutting down your organs. Once Midora had copied it he was capable of using it on a higher level than what the original owner was capable of, Completely reflecting attacks and even straight up erasing the opponent, which is obviously on an atomic level.

Another incredibly dangerous ability he possesses is called Hungry space, which is a void created by his tongue that eats anything and everything in its path. An auto tracking AOE ability that's completely invisible, it consumes all the atoms in its path which is what allowed him to counter Minority World initially. Combine this with the insane range he has showcased with his tongue and you have a deadly ability that's incredibly hard to avoid.

The technique that allowed him to copy Minority World, Mirror Neurons. This ability to imitate virtually anything is a dangerous one indeed, and given its copied incredibly esoteric abilities like Minority World and Food Luck (elaboration later) its not a stretch to say he could copy virtually anything your character could do as well. In terms of adaptation he was once sealed and later broke out, on the second attempt to seal him using the same method he completely ignored it.

Food Luck, arguably the most potent ability in the entire verse. This is passive hax which is practically probability/Luck manipulation, this has allowed people to have attacks completely miss them, come back from atomic erasure, counter sealing, and make attacks that have already hit them miss.

Outside of the crazy protection food luck grants, Midora also has insane levels of regen, even when entire portions of his head is blown off or he's cut into several pieces he heals almost instantly.

After eating 2 courses of Acacias full course meal one will unlock an ability called the Back Channel, which in essence is a separate world of souls. This space can have the time within manipulated to be sped up, stopped, or even reversed. The most proficient user of said ability can speed up time so much that millions of years pass within seconds, Midora isn't on this level but it should still show the potential such an ability has. This can also be employed to allow someone to completely vanish from the battlefield even in the presence of those with incredible sensory abilities.

And finally intimidation. This is pretty much just fear inducement via flexing power. One of the 8 kings (some of the strongest beings but still weak compared to Midora, Acacia, etc.) can cast intimidation over the entire Toriko planet just by merely releasing its true form making every living being feel like its going to die. Midora has imposed intimidation on even those that are relative to him in strength, completely paralyzing them.

Conclusions

Warlock needs to overcome a multitude of factors that appear to be practically insurmountable. Midora is insanely hard to put down and a genuine hax monster. He has several win conditions in this matchup that will seemingly end the fight instantly with no chance to counter.

• Casual large star busting levels of power and FTL+ speeds
  • Minority World/Hungry Space erasing you on an atomic level among other nasty effects
  • Food Luck to ignore any possible attacks or abilities
  • Intimidation to drop you via a mere power flex
  • Back channels to freeze you in time
  • Insane range that leaves no window to dodge or counter
  • Power copying and Adaptation that allows Midora to throw Warlocks powers right back at him.

Warlock certainly seems to be a tough opponent, but I'm not convinced its anything Midora can't dispatch with little difficulty. I look forward to the counters on how Warlock will deal with all of this.

heykorby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CloudtheMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2

I am the Magus. I'm here to save you. We all are.
I am the Magus. I'm here to save you. We all are.

General Thoughts

Before I get into the weeds of specific counters I want to offer my general thoughts on Korby's post. Korby elected to not counter my opener, which is fine, but it does leave me without an idea of how Midora responds to Warlock and as of now I have no reason to think that Warlock's telepathy or nerve strikes do not present an easy win for Warlock. With that said I'll still expand more on these points and go in deeper as to why I'm even more certain now that Warlock will win, but it also means that my last post may require the introduction of more feats than I'd traditionally like from a closer in order to counter Korby's initial counters.

Midora's Power

I don't really have a problem with any of your Toriko planet scaling. The only question I'd have is that in the Supernova scan provided, it says the planet will reach that level of energy once it's fully matured. While the rest of the scan implies the planet is set to explode soon, I just wanted to clarify if the planet is indeed close to the end of its life, otherwise it's quite a difference in power. Besides that my only quibble would be that it seems like gourmet cells are pretty weird and produce weird results. I don't necessarily think Gourmet Cells maturing and resulting in a supernova explosion means it requires star busting powers to destroy the planet.

With that said let's move on to the actual feats provided.

To begin with its been stated that Midora has the capability todestroy the planet, along with Acacias other disciples.

I do have an issue with using this in conjunction with the Supernova feat because it seems in the Supernova feat Midora is learning about the planet exploding and the power inside it, which would mean this is not common knowledge and therefore most people in the verse would not realize the actual power required to destroy the planet.

Furthermore, the capability to destroy the planet does not mean all at once - it certainly does not seem like it would be a major issue for him based on casualness of the statement provided, but it's also reasonable to think this scan means he could destroy the entire planet over the course of say an hour, which is not too impressive relative to the debate we're having.

Multiple showings in the series back up this statement, starting with Jirou who happens to have most of his power sealed stopping the entire planets rotation with a knocking.

Except these showings really don't back up that statement. All of these showings are based on the size of the planet, so Jirou stopped the rotation of an large planet - very impressive, not within a mile of large planet busting, much less star busting power. Midora beating the giant is more impressive, but still falls under the same category.

Range is also not an issue for Midora, he has covered incredibly large portions of the planet with his attacks against Acacia, the effects were so severe that they were worried about the planet "breaking".

In some ways this acts as a negative for Midora. Sure he has massive attacks, but Warlock is not a massive being, Warlock can only be effected by the portion of the blast that hits him. In a battle such as this, the precision of a soul gem blast(Strange Tales #180) leads to greater power of attack. I should add that Warlock can also attack in AoE as well, the soul gems can send out many blasts at once, which change direction(Warlock Chronicles #1) and Warlock can have AoE blasts coming off his body(Infinity Countdown #2), which would probably have greater application in this battle as just another way to escape Midora if Midora has Warlock in a compromising situation.

Durability

which is when he had just woken up and hadn't evolved at all wascapable of eating a supernovawhich he considers to be a mere "snack". Here's Midora tanking some of Neo-Acacia's attacks.

The scan you provided called it a "very very small" star, hardly feels like it should be scaled to a normal supernova. The main issue here is that Warlock putting down Midora with raw power is a worst case scenario, far more likely is Warlock tapping into his skill or versatility. It's worth mentioning that Warlock has been said to strike with the power to "shatter planets and shake stars(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #32)," which I would say indicates Warlock can still put down Midora with raw force.

Speed

To keep this short and sweet, Midora has a feat ofblitzing someone whos easily FTL 8 times in the fraction of a second.

I find this feat a little odd if I'm being honest. Blitzing someone 8 times in a fraction of a second is not close to FTL. Now hypothetically this could've been an infinitely small fraction of a second, but that seems strange given we have words for infinitely small fractions of a second - a millisecond is 1/1,000 of a second, a microsecond is 1/1,000,000 of a second, and a nanosecond is 1/1,000,000,000 of a second. In my first post I scaled Warlock to a feat of someone moving in a nanosecond and mentioned that light moves one foot in a nanosecond, which if you work backwards puts moving in a millisecond only around supersonic. I think you can see why I find blitzing someone 8 times in a fraction of a second a strange feat to present for FTL speed. I don't doubt Toriko has FTL speed as a whole, but I do find this to be an poor choice as a lynchpin of speed.

Joie had reacted to and even attempted to stop the beam of Derous which had seemingly exited the solar system within 2 panels when it had attacked Acacia.

Look - this is a good feat, the blast is clearly FTL, but there is absolutely nothing to indicate it exited the solar system in any of these panels. I'm also generally dubious of the consistency of energy blasts speed when it's used in separate instances(I could get Warlock to some truly ridiculous speeds using the speed of energy blasts all under one author).

Midora is clearly a formidable opponent, but this opening left me with quite a few doubts, especially given some misrepresentations sprinkled in.

Midora's Abilities

To start this section on countering Midora's abilities, I first want to examine Warlock's hax resistance, mostly through reality warping. Firstly I'm of a belief that an immunity to reality warping acts as a catch all to hax. What is warping reality if not manipulating matter, and the mind, and the soul, and probability, etc.

When Warlock was encountered with a "Dance of Unreality," it had absolutely no effect on him(Warlock and the Infinity Watch #29) and much more impressively, Warlock managed to survive an encounter with the haywire reality gem.

Warlock Chronicles #2: I skipped some pages because it is basically the whole comic

The reality gem is one of the fundamental aspects of the Marvel Universe, so it going haywire represents high levels of reality warping. Despite this, Warlock can power through the disruptions.

Closer reading of this instance also illustrates why I think immunity to reality warping extends to other hax . Warlock visibly goes through physical transformations such as being pulled apart, and says "the lines of life and death could fade from meaning, energy and matter would become interchangeable, the spirit no different from the flesh." When Warlock has resisted all of this from a potentially universal source of power, it's hard to convince me that say Minority World will effect him whatsoever. Speaking of...

This can be used in a multitude of ways ranging from flight and healing by controlling the minorities within ones own body, to effecting everything outside of them. This causes the ground to become soft and malleable, your body starts heading towards death shutting down your organs. Once Midora had copied it he was capable of using it on a higher level than what the original owner was capable of, Completely reflecting attacks and even straight up erasing the opponent, which is obviously on an atomic level.

I've gone over why I think this won't effect Warlock, but to expand on it, Warlock seemingly doesn't have organs, and most of his energy is spiritual or magical in nature - I doubt it even has atoms. Since this is basically matter manipulation I should mention Warlock has matter manipulation of his own, and transformed an entire planetoid into a metal that doesn't exist.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #13

Granted this took Warlock some time, but he was working with a planetoid and he had to transform it into a metal that would counteract a hole in space-time, something that shouldn't be possible. Furthermore, Warlock has been able to transform a battlefield into essentially an impossible situation so that the basic laws of physics no longer apply and he has complete control over it.

Warlock #9

Another incredibly dangerous ability he possesses is called Hungry space, which is a void created by his tongue that eats anything and everything in its path. An auto tracking AOE ability that's completely invisible

I have to start by contesting auto tracking and invisibility to Warlock - both are going to be nearly impossible. Firstly for tracking, Warlock is considered "outside the astral norm," which among other things makes him essentially impossible to detect outside of basic senses since he's not really part of the universe. An unbelievable example of this comes from when Thanos took over the powers of Marvel's most powerful being(easily beyond multiversal in all senses) and yet still could only partially find Warlock(Thanos: The Infinity Ending). Safe to say I doubt it will really be auto tracking. Furthermore, Warlock has "Ultra Perception"(Warlock #11) and can generally sense changes in space time(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #2). I think removing all atoms would qualify as such. So Warlock will detect this attack and it won't track him, much less effective now.

I don't think this attack can affect Warlock given his ability to survive reality warping turning his body into energy and into spirit and such, but I should point out there's nothing to suggest this attack could get past Warlock's shields either.

The technique that allowed him to copy Minority World, Mirror Neurons. This ability to imitate virtually anything is a dangerous one indeed, and given its copied incredibly esoteric abilities like Minority World and Food Luck (elaboration later) its not a stretch to say he could copy virtually anything your character could do as well. In terms of adaptation he was once sealed and later broke out, on the second attempt to seal him using the same method he completely ignored it.

Well the good news is from what you've posted, Warlock should be able to beat you in one hit. You've posted no resistance to telepathy or nerve strikes and frankly I'm really not sure the raw durability you've posted is out of range of Warlock's blinking. Furthermore there's a few issues with this. I'm inclined to think that Warlock's status as an astral outsider would make him immune to power copying. Admittedly there's no clear cut feat suggesting that, but the idea that Warlock is a truly unique being even on the scale of universal abstracts would imply he can't be copied so easily.

However I've always wanted to argue Warlock against a power copier for a pretty simple reason - it's a terrible idea to copy his powers. The Soul Gem that Warlock wears is a vampiric object, taking over its users body, mind, and soul. Warlock is one of the few beings in the universe strong enough to resist it's affects and control, for basically everyone else the soul gem controls its wielder. Warlock actually hates wearing the soul gem, but feels a burden to since he's basically the only one who can handle it. So I'll gladly say Midora can copy Warlock, he's just going to end up like poor Syphon, with his soul being sucked away while he can't do anything.

Warlock vol 2 #4

Food Luck, arguably the most potent ability in the entire verse. This is passive hax which is practically probability/Luck manipulation, this has allowed people to have attacks completely miss them, come back from atomic erasure, counter sealing, and make attacks that have already hit them miss

I don't think I even have to say why I think probability manipulation can't stack up to reality warping. Reality Warping is making the impossible possible, far more potent than changing degrees of possibility.

Outside of the crazy protection food luck grants, Midora also has insane levels of regen, even when entire portions of his head is blown off or he's cut into several pieces he heals almost instantly.

I'm not sure you've shown durability feats good enough to say Warlock can't simply eviscerate Midora on a level leagues beyond this. Furthermore healing wouldn't work against a paralytic nerve strike attack or if Warlock wanted to sneak up on you and KO you with a hit, which I showed him doing in my first post. Alternatively Warlock has imbued opponents with energy so that they themselves explode(Guardians of the Galaxy vol 6 Annual). This should destroy every fiber of Midora. Also worth mentioning in this instance Warlock imbues a building sized opponent with energy and the resulting explosion appears to be at least bigger than a moon from the planet below.

After eating 2 courses of Acacias full course meal one will unlock an ability called the Back Channel, which in essence is a separate world of souls. This space can have the time within manipulated to be sped up, stopped, or even reversed. The most proficient user of said ability can speed up time so much thatmillions of years pass within seconds, Midora isn't on this level but it should still show the potential such an ability has. This can also be employed to allow someone tocompletely vanish from the battlefieldeven in the presence of those with incredible sensory abilities.

I'm guessing if you did a bit more research you wouldn't have brought up this ability at all because using anything soul based around Warlock is a colossal mistake. He is the master of souls after all. Warlock is complete master of Soul World in the Marvel Universe, so much so to the point that when Nebula wielded the Infinity Gauntlet and had the power to remake the Universe, Warlock defeated her by tapping into Soul World.(Infinity Gauntlet #6). He's easily controlled other people's souls as well.

Any ability that involves souls will almost certainly end up benefitting Warlock more than it benefits Midora. When it comes to the realm of souls, Warlock's control is absolute.

Also Warlock has broken out of a time stop using the soul gem, so I doubt that time manipulation will have any effect on him.

Rune/Silver Surfer #1

And finally intimidation. This is pretty much just fear inducement via flexing power. One of the 8 kings (some of the strongest beings but still weak compared to Midora, Acacia, etc.) cancast intimidation over the entire Toriko planetjust by merely releasing its true form making every living being feel like its going to die. Midora has imposed intimidation on even those that are relative to him in strength, completely paralyzing them.

Yeah... I don't see this working. Warlock has stacked up against beings who would destroy the universe, multiverse, omniverse etc more times than I can count and has never showed fear through any of it. Furthermore if this acts as a form of telepathy, Warlock has shown resistance to that, both through the soul gem(Starblast #1) and he's kicked a telepath out of his head while comatose(Infinity Abyss #1).

Warlock's Strategy

Now that I know a little bit more about Midora I want to get into specifics about how Warlock can take him down. Firstly I want to introduce the idea of Warlock as a strategic genius. As I mentioned earlier, almost every opponent Warlock finds himself faced up against is capable of destroying galaxies, universes, etc and therefore he can't win with raw power. Instead his most dangerous weapon in these situations becomes his mind, and with his mind he has defeated many beings much, much more powerful than him. A great example of this comes from the Infinity Gauntlet series where Warlock leads basically every Marvel Hero and Marvel Entity against Thanos. Posting scans for this doesn't quite do Warlock justice as his strategy plays out on basically every piece of the series so for this section I'll mostly just be referencing series. But to give a little bit of context on Warlock's strategy, the fundamental aspects of Marvel, including the entities behind chaos and order as well as love and hate agree to trust Warlock's strategy over their own(Infinity Gauntlet #3). Warlock is also incredibly objective in these scenarios, capable of viewing the stake of the Universe as simply a game and dismissing the embodiment of the Universe so as to not disrupt his strategy.

Infinity Gauntlet #4
Infinity Gauntlet #4

Warlock ultimately fails to stop Thanos, though he comes far closer than he had any right to. However, when Nebula took the gauntlet from Thanos, Warlock yet again had the opportunity to formulate a plan against her. Thanos, an expert on the subject, deemed their chances one in a million, and Warlock succeeded, benefitting himself most of all in the process(Infinity Gauntlet #6).

Infinity Gauntlet #5
Infinity Gauntlet #5

Not only did Warlock outwit someone with a fundamental connection to the Universe and the power to dominate it, but he also tricked his allies to gain supreme power in the end.

This is hardly a rare occurrence for Warlock, or his most impressive feat of planning. In Infinity War, his evil counterpart, The Magus, correctly predicts the actions of basically every marvel hero, villain, and cosmic entity for an entire series to gain the Infinity Gauntlet. Only miscalculating by thinking Doctor Doom and Kang would not become involved, and failing to predict Adam Warlock and Thanos at one point... which again supports Warlock's strategic genius. In contrast from what you've shown, Midora seems to usually be the most powerful person at any given point and doesn't have the experience Warlock has in facing much more powerful beings. Now consider in this battle Warlock actually rivals Midora in raw power rather than being outmatched.

I want to give one more example of Warlock directly controlling a battle to be in his favor that I believe applies pretty well here.

Warlock was weakened from merging two universes(Don't worry he was slightly amped), so he knew he could not handle Star Lord's Cosmic Cube, which is a high level reality warping weapon. So with just the warning of a timeblip, mere seconds at most, Warlock devised a plan to fake his own death, while also "killing" half of the guardians of the galaxy and taking their souls prisoner. The ability to do that is the real difference maker in this fight.

Dissecting the Fight

Upon starting the fight Warlock has pretty good defenses to keep himself safe. He can deflect any of Midora's attacks with a mixture of his telekinses and his shields, which he can also form as armor around himself. If he gets under any kind of duress he can heal himself or simply teleport out of Midora's attacks. Once Warlock has gained information and teleported away, Midora will probably have no way to track him and I doubt he'll be able to keep up with whatever Warlock plans strategically. Warlock can set an illusion over the battlefield to trick Midora, or manipulate the ground of the battlefield itself to disorient him. With Midora confused, Warlock would easily be able to subdue Midora in any manner of ways, a simple energy blast to the back of the head to KO him should do, or a nerve strike that Midora doesn't seem coming. If all else fails Warlock can always resort to some of his more esoteric abilities such as telepathy or decide to win a war of attrition by occasionally draining Midora for energy, while blocking his attacks with shields and healing any damage done. Based on Korby's opener I don't really see any path to victory for Midora, but I'll be interested to see what he has in store for his next post.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers