vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@ghostravage said:

Good, you totally ignored my long, dedicated, worthy post i gave you explaining everything about the plot in Sentry's fight. And you're still calling the run PIS.

• This is totally biased. It's WAY easier to look at ONE side of the coin isn't? You know... Because Iron Man having a VERY convenient nanotech for Hulk isn't PIS? Am i right? Bullsh!t.
  • Because it was stated over and over, he will just come back. Even Dr. Strange discarded the option of throwing him in another dimension.
  • Ghost Rider couldn't put Hulk down because he wasn't guilty in the first place, and since he was in the influence of the Spirit of Vengeance, he couldn't do anything on Hulk, hell, Hulk didn't even fight to call it PIS. It's not PIS. Bullsh!t again, i bet you didn't even read the run.
  • Yeah, let's just ignore EVERY SINGLE SHRED of their characters personality restricted to their hero duties to save the people from the army Hulk brought from another planet. Yep, you didn't read it.

Im not even bothering in making another analysis for you. You're obviously a waste of time.

<------Quicker on the trigger :)

please don't tell people they're a waste of time. It's kind of disrespectful.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By GhostRavage

@vance_astro: Me calling people a waste of time is PIS... Wont happen again ;)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You're getting PIS confused with a plot device. The "S" in PIS stands for stupidity. There was a good explanation as to why it didn't work. So this doesn't fit under "PIS".

You're right it's partly a plot device, but the PIS I'm talking about is Tony "Genius" Stark not figuring out that his nanotech weapon was a fake. I am willing to give it somewhat of a pass, but it's still a very convenient plot device combined with an out-of-character screw-up by Tony.

BFR'ing the Hulk is why this happened in the first place.

Actually no BFR'ing him isnt why this happened. Why this happened is because his buddy set off a bomb on the planet and framed the Illuminati for it. Up until then Hulk was feeling just fine with his new wife and people.

But even if I agree that BFRing him eventually led to him coming back madder, BFRing him when he got to Earth would have been much more preferable to just standing around while he runs around destroying things and killing people. So at that moment trying to BFR him to give them time to figure out how to take him out would have been the smart thing... hence PIS.

He stopped fighting Hulk because innocent bystanders were in harms way. He tried to save some civilians that's when Hulk started hitting him. All of this is logical considering Hulk only came back to Earth for revenge and although the Hulk is this massive threat, Strange is still a hero and wouldn't let people get hurt.

Wasnt Hulk the one concerned with the innocent people? I mean, putting aside the stupidity of rampaging through New York destroying buildings when you're concerned about the innocents... Strange turned into Zom because he felt he had no other option. Once he did that Zom was in charge, and he didnt care about collateral damage. So, stopping because some civilians were in danger is out of character for Zom... a demon. Hulk is the one who should have stopped earlier and given up the fight. Zom was stupid and out-of-character in stopping just when he was about to win, giving Hulk enough time to reverse things and defeat him. So... PIS.

Also not PIS. The Hulk was causing a ruckus, Ghost Rider went to stop him but as he was getting ready to put the Hulk down he realized that he wasn't "Avenging the innocent" (which is Ghost Rider's purpose) by attacking the Hulk..the Illuminati was the guilty party as they
acknowledged.

But the Illuminati were not guilty of what Hulk thought they did, namely destroying his planet and wife. Also, how many people do you think died in the buildings that were leveled during Hulk's attack and ensuing fights? How many soldiers died? Didnt Ghost Rider think about them?

Basically what the Illuminati were "guilty" of was sending Hulk into space... which is really not that bad considering the threat that Hulk regularly proved to be. And, he was fine with it on the planet. He came back to Earth seeking revenge for something the Illuminati never did... and in the process endangering and probably killing a lot of civilians and soldiers who were only defending Earth from a Hulk/alien attack. So, it seems to me like Hulk was in the wrong, and that Ghost Rider should have stopped his attack if he could have. He didnt, of course, because of PIS.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stuff he did was not PIS it only is if you don't read hulks books. There have been decades after decades where hulk continually does things like this; Doom makes a death ray that is supposed to take him apart at the atomic level, hulk tanks it. The leader has a bomb to destroy a planet and hulk tanks it. Hulk was made to be a villian the avengers couldn't stop. Read a hulk book for godsakes.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk, unless Citizen Steel rip off his containment suit.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By GhostRavage

@willpayton:

You're right it's partly a plot device, but the PIS I'm talking about is Tony "Genius" Stark not figuring out that his nanotech weapon was a fake.

He didn't check... He didn't have time! Hulk already beat Skrull Bolt on the moon and was landing on Earth. Tony spend all the time he had getting his Hulkbuster armor prepared. Again, it was plot, but not stupidity. Stop throwing such a meaningful concept like if it is nothing.

Actually no BFR'ing him isnt why this happened. Why this happened is because his buddy set off a bomb on the planet and framed the Illuminati for it. Up until then Hulk was feeling just fine with his new wife and people.

No, BFRing him was the first cause Hulk went mad, he mentions all this while becoming WBH the first time. So what a bomb exploded in another planet, if Hulk wasn't send there in the first place nothing would have happened, hell, things in the Civil War may have gotten even better.

But even if I agree that BFRing him eventually led to him coming back madder, BFRing him when he got to Earth would have been much more preferable to just standing around while he runs around destroying things and killing people. So at that moment trying to BFR him to give them time to figure out how to take him out would have been the smart thing... hence PIS.

By the same hypothetic token, what's stopping Hulk from coming with an even bigger army, as WBH (Since they never saw him because they BFR him right away) off the bat, and even more bloodlusted? Yep, Earth is screwed. Btw: He didn't kill anyone but at the end of the run when he pretty much decimates an entire planet.

Wasnt Hulk the one concerned with the innocent people? I mean, putting aside the stupidity of rampaging through New York destroying buildings when you're concerned about the innocents...

Strange is a good person, just like Hulk. Just say you don't like the run already and that's it.

Strange turned into Zom because he felt he had no other option. Once he did that Zom was in charge, and he didnt care about collateral damage. So, stopping because some civilians were in danger is out of character for Zom... a demon.

What has EVER done Zomstrange to put him on a pedestal... I've never seen ANYTHING so great about him to say Hulk beating him is PIS... He sucked in Chaos War as well.

That being said, NO... Zom wasn't in charge, Dr. Strange was, and he was losing control over Zom for obvious reasons.

No Caption Provided

I love this guy Hiroim... He just talks the truth the whole run. Anyway, invoking the power of Zom means >USING< the power of Zom, not giving up your body to some multiversal demon.

We also have Strange himself saying he's losing control... So by a little common sense, if Strange was losing control, he MUST have been on control. Duh.

No Caption Provided

So no... It was Strange, using the powers of a demon. That being said, Strange stopping and looking out for innocent people is CIS >NOT< PIS, get your concepts straight.

Hulk is the one who should have stopped earlier and given up the fight. Zom was stupid and out-of-character in stopping just when he was about to win, giving Hulk enough time to reverse things and defeat him. So... PIS.

Context... Context... Context...

Did you forget when Hulk literally changes his attention to the people Strange put on danger rather than go straight forward to beat Zom out of Strange

No Caption Provided

I mean, you people are incredible, you use the situation to your convenience... If this fight proves anything is Pak didn't ignore any detail and actually wrote the instance like it should've happened... If Hulk is fighting someone like Zomstrange, he must cause some collateral damage, and because of his character, he MUST react to his environment... Really, this is hilarious.

By the same flawed token, if Strange would've kept punching Hulk even when he turned around to watch out for the people Strange himself put in danger, i could've call it PIS as well, since Hulk didn't really needed to take care of "PUNY HUMANS"

Hulk is the one who should have stopped earlier and given up the fight.

Talking about Stupidity.

But the Illuminati were not guilty of what Hulk thought they did, namely destroying his planet and wife. Also, how many people do you think died in the buildings that were leveled during Hulk's attack and ensuing fights? How many soldiers died? Didnt Ghost Rider think about them?

Hulk didn't kill anyone... No one died from Sakaarians hands. Hulk actually saved the day when Sentry arrived and actually killed people as seen in the end of the War. You know, the post i assume you didn't read.

He came back to Earth seeking revenge for something the Illuminati never did... and in the process endangering and probably killing a lot of civilians and soldiers who were only defending Earth from a Hulk/alien attack.

They made him find love, then they took it away. Whether or not they had to do with the bomb, they still sent him elsewhere. Hell, why don't you read the What If and see for yourself what would've happened. Again, nobody died by Sakaarians hands.

So, it seems to me like Hulk was in the wrong, and that Ghost Rider should have stopped his attack if he could have. He didnt, of course, because of PIS.

If an owl hunts down a mouse... Is it guilty? Hulk intentions were pure, the fact that he was tricked is another story, Oh wait, it is not.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, BFRing him was the first cause Hulk went mad, he mentions all this while becoming WBH the first time. So what a bomb exploded in another planet, if Hulk wasn't send there in the first place nothing would have happened, hell, things in the Civil War may have gotten even better.

I love the rationalization that goes on here. I point out that the real cause of Hulk coming to Earth for revenge was actually something that one of his alien friends did on Planet Hulk, but you just ignore it and say that it's still the Illuminati's fault because they sent him to the planet in the first place.

Seriously, by that logic I can also say that it's actually Banner's fault because if he hadnt studied science and then conducted the experiments that caused him to become the Hulk, none of this would have happened. See... it's very easy to just keep doing that and ignore the fact that it was actually his friend Miek who caused the destruction of the planet.

It's also funny how you think that no one got killed when Hulk attacked... even thought many buildings were destroyed, even before Sentry arrived. His fight with Iron Man alone tore holes through at least 2 inhabited buildings that I remember.

So, yes, Hulk is responsible for his actions. He's the one attacking, so Ghost Rider should have done what he does. This was not a matter of self-defense, and the people that Hulk thought were "guilty" were in fact not.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By GhostRavage

I love the rationalization that goes on here. I point out that the real cause of Hulk coming to Earth for revenge was actually something that one of his alien friends did on Planet Hulk, but you just ignore it and say that it's still the Illuminati's fault because they sent him to the planet in the first place.

The same way you ignored this?

So, it seems to me like Hulk was in the wrong, and that Ghost Rider should have stopped his attack if he could have. He didnt, of course, because of PIS.

If an owl hunts down a mouse... Is it guilty? Hulk intentions were pure, the fact that he was tricked is another story, Oh wait, it is not.

It doesn't matter if he was tricked, he still had pure and valid reasons to go and declare war to Earth.

=============================================================================================

Seriously, by that logic I can also say that it's actually Banner's fault because if he hadnt studied science and then conducted the experiments that caused him to become the Hulk, none of this would have happened. See... it's very easy to just keep doing that and ignore the fact that it was actually his friend Miek who caused the destruction of the planet.

No, it's not the same logic. Banner didn't make a >DECISION< to become Hulk, it was an accident. You can't blame Banner from an accident he didn't even caused. Hell, it was someone infiltrated from the army that activated the Bomb while Banner was telling Robert to leave the testing area, it's explained in Indestructible Hulk.

Miek causing it its inconsequential to what Ghost Rider did. Hulk still had valid reasons to smash.

It's also funny how you think that no one got killed when Hulk attacked... even thought many buildings were destroyed, even before Sentry arrived. His fight with Iron Man alone tore holes through at least 2 inhabited buildings that I remember.

It's funny how obvious it is you didn't read the run AT ALL, yet are claiming baseless statements... Let me educate you, once again.

No Caption Provided

Hulk makes unconscious calculations to not harm innocent people. Amadeus Cho the 7th Smartest Person on the planet, the kid who came up with the idea on how to beat Mikaboshi, claims this. And to prove to all the skeptical people that didn't believe this, he did this to Hulk...

You know, Hulk smashes him and causes NO DAMAGE AT ALL to him.That's the ultimate proof about it. But anyways, he then mentions this YET AGAIN...

No Caption Provided

And before you say this is PIS again since you love to use such concept the wrong way... It is not.

No Caption Provided

Amadeus knew pretty much EVERYTHING Hulk did in the past.

So it is not me who thinks that... IT'S STATED ON PANEL.

So, yes, Hulk is responsible for his actions. He's the one attacking, so Ghost Rider should have done what he does. This was not a matter of self-defense, and the people that Hulk thought were "guilty" were in fact not.

Yes, Hulk is responsible for his actions. That the reason he always tried to not harm innocent people. He's the one being attacked not attacking. So Ghost Rider did what he needed to do. I hope you know the Illuminati are not "good" people, not saying they're bad, but they are kind of extremists... Pretty much New York as a whole was supporting Hulk because of what happened in the Civil War.

No Caption Provided

Many people lost loved ones, went bankrupt, poor people... All the discriminated ones to be precise.

No Caption Provided

We also have a bunch of people in the Arena asking Hulk to tear them apart, but, did he do it? Even with all the hatred the people had towards the Illuminati, he didn't do it. He came for Justice, not mere Vengeance.

No Caption Provided

So they may no be guilty of the Bomb, but they are guilty of other things.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Steel 1-shot Gog? Something not even KC Supes could accomplish? I'm probably taking it waaaaaaaay out of context, I was never really good at interpretting scans. Though, if Steel can't finish hulk off fast enough, Bruce's anger could give him the upper hand

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk smash.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Hulk.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

Stronger, Faster, More durable and has more W's to his name.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lol at this thread. I like how people were quick to cry "PIS" when Hulk fought Sentry and yet used instances of him getting bloodied by mid tiers.

I know that the posts are half a decade old and people's opinions change, but still.

Avatar image for deathstroke051698
Deathstroke051698

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steel wins in a small punch. Hulk will be made into green juice

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steel legit stomps

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although he doesn't feel pain, that hard shot from Power Girl rocked him. I think enough hard shots like that could ko him.