X23

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mickey-mouse

X-23 blitzes and decaps Chris before he even knows he is dead. Spite Match. She has bullet timing type speed, and she has a healing factor above Wolverine.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

X-23

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Locking this, it's a complete mismatch.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I totally recant this....>_>

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

X-23 stomps, but Chris Redfield has guns, so he's got that going for him, which is nice

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X-23 wins easily.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually lol'ed at this match.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now as nimble and deadly as X-23 is, I think people are seriously undermining Chris's abilities here and just going with the general "comics are better" mentality. People are acting like Laura is just going to stomp this match instantly, when in reality if you take a second to think about things, you'll realize that Chris is the one packing an entire military arsenal of firearms and explosives while Laura has claws in her wrists that extend to all of six inches, and with them starting at a fair distance, Laura will actually be the one on the run for the initial opening of the fight. Now I know Chris isn't anywhere near as agile as X-23, and he might not have super ultra mega assassin martial arts training to his advantage, but he does have one thing that Laura doesn't: experience. While she's flipping over bullets and doing triple-fist-of-the-leaping-lotus assassin kicks, general acrobatics and showboating, he's going to get right down to the nitty-gritty. What are claws going to do when Laura is stuck 20 feet getting thrown around by grenades, and when she finally does manage a mad dash over to Chris's position, she finds he had gone to the trouble of planting a land mine to greet her? Sure she'll heal, I guess, but it's going to create problems for her no doubt, and assuming she eventually does manage to get near enough to Chris that she's actually capable of causing damage, all it takes is grabbing hold of her wrists and she's basically helpless. Yes, that's easier said then done, and yes, X-23 also has claws in her feet, but given his great strength and experience, getting X-23 in a bear hug for a few moments is by no means beyond the scope of Chris's abilities. And if he decides to get risky and play the game on her terms, close quarters combat, I don't think Laura would enjoy the feeling of being batted across the rooftop like a ragdoll with an electric rod. Will she heal from that too? Sure, but I'm inclined to believe that a good swing from RE5's electric rod is going to stun her for at least a second or two with who-knows-how-many-volts of electricity coursing through her system, and what is Chris going to do during those brief seconds? Blow her brains out with the M500. Complete obliteration of the head should knock her out right?

Now am I saying Chris can flawlessly pull all of this off without a scratch? No, in fact the odds of him pulling off some of these strategies are slim. But they are possibilities, and given the level of competence and quick wittedness Chris has displayed from Resident Evil 1, all the way to Resident Evil 6, the things he's managed to pull off and survive, which in many cases vastly outweigh Laura's own feats and capabilities, I think I'm justified in saying this is a close match. Chris CAN win, but so can X-23. Chris just has more options and potential for winning, whereas X-23 is a comic book character and that is an advantage in of itself. Still, I've never been overly impressed with Laura's speed, and I don't believe she's ever encountered a marksman half as skilled as Chris Redfield, nor a tactician half as quick. This isn't a stomp, Chris won't stand around and let himself get beheaded.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now as nimble and deadly as X-23 is, I think people are seriously undermining Chris's abilities here and just going with the general "comics are better" mentality. People are acting like Laura is just going to stomp this match instantly, when in reality if you take a second to think about things, you'll realize that Chris is the one packing an entire military arsenal of firearms and explosives while Laura has claws in her wrists that extend to all of six inches, and with them starting at a fair distance, Laura will actually be the one on the run for the initial opening of the fight. Now I know Chris isn't anywhere near as agile as X-23, and he might not have super ultra mega assassin martial arts training to his advantage, but he does have one thing that Laura doesn't: experience. While she's flipping over bullets and doing triple-fist-of-the-leaping-lotus assassin kicks, general acrobatics and showboating, he's going to get right down to the nitty-gritty. What are claws going to do when Laura is stuck 20 feet getting thrown around by grenades, and when she finally does manage a mad dash over to Chris's position, she finds he had gone to the trouble of planting a land mine to greet her? Sure she'll heal, I guess, but it's going to create problems for her no doubt, and assuming she eventually does manage to get near enough to Chris that she's actually capable of causing damage, all it takes is grabbing hold of her wrists and she's basically helpless. Yes, that's easier said then done, and yes, X-23 also has claws in her feet, but given his great strength and experience, getting X-23 in a bear hug for a few moments is by no means beyond the scope of Chris's abilities. And if he decides to get risky and play the game on her terms, close quarters combat, I don't think Laura would enjoy the feeling of being batted across the rooftop like a ragdoll with an electric rod. Will she heal from that too? Sure, but I'm inclined to believe that a good swing from RE5's electric rod is going to stun her for at least a second or two with who-knows-how-many-volts of electricity coursing through her system, and what is Chris going to do during those brief seconds? Blow her brains out with the M500. Complete obliteration of the head should knock her out right?

Now am I saying Chris can flawlessly pull all of this off without a scratch? No, in fact the odds of him pulling off some of these strategies are slim. But they are possibilities, and given the level of competence and quick wittedness Chris has displayed from Resident Evil 1, all the way to Resident Evil 6, the things he's managed to pull off and survive, which in many cases vastly outweigh Laura's own feats and capabilities, I think I'm justified in saying this is a close match. Chris CAN win, but so can X-23. Chris just has more options and potential for winning, whereas X-23 is a comic book character and that is an advantage in of itself. Still, I've never been overly impressed with Laura's speed, and I don't believe she's ever encountered a marksman half as skilled as Chris Redfield, nor a tactician half as quick. This isn't a stomp, Chris won't stand around and let himself get beheaded.

I like you.

Milliardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milliardo
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I think there's a domino effect on Comicvine where as soon as one person says the word "stomp", everyone who comes in after just mimics that person. This is far from a stomp on either side. Chris has a large strength advantage, and an even larger advantage in range and gear. X-23 has advantages with claws and a healing factor, but that doesn't automatically make this a stomp. As far as skill goes, I'd say this is pretty even. Should be close to 5/10.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 stomps, but Chris Redfield has guns, so he's got that going for him, which is nice

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

So this is like Chris trying to fight off one of those 'lickers', only with an extra claw and far more durable.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

X-23 is just being voted as winner because of popularity and the comic factor, i bet most of them never even played resident evil.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Outside_85

This is why Laura wins:

No Caption Provided

She takes bullets in the head and keeps on going. And thats really Chris' problem, same as it is in the game, all he has is killing whatever is heading towards him before it can lay a finger on him, now he's facing someone who's atleast as durable as the endgame monsters like Nemesis, just faster and more agile.

And btw, you are wrong regarding xp, she's been working as an assassin since she was 6.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Characters who can tank bullets are nothing new to Chris. Chris is also used to fighting much faster characters. He's fought Wesker half a dozen times now, and lived through every fight and even killed him in the end. X-23 is no Wesker, not even close.

X-23 has her advantages, but so does Chris. Neither have enough of an advantage to call this a stomp one way or the other. This is a great fight.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tparks said:

@outside_85: Characters who can tank bullets are nothing new to Chris. Chris is also used to fighting much faster characters. He's fought Wesker half a dozen times now, and lived through every fight and even killed him in the end. X-23 is no Wesker, not even close.

X-23 has her advantages, but so does Chris. Neither have enough of an advantage to call this a stomp one way or the other. This is a great fight.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Well the MCU is littered with far more formidable gunmen than Chris, who I am going to remind you is a Player Character, who's basic power within any game is to win/survive if the player can handle it...and carry half a ton of weapons and ammunitions without slowing him down :)

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23, she's too fast.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nickzambuto

@thecomedian_: Why thank you very much.

@milliardo said:

@nickzambuto: dont care, X-23 SuperStomps!

Grr.

@outside_85 said:

This is why Laura wins:

No Caption Provided

She takes bullets in the head and keeps on going. And thats really Chris' problem, same as it is in the game, all he has is killing whatever is heading towards him before it can lay a finger on him, now he's facing someone who's atleast as durable as the endgame monsters like Nemesis, just faster and more agile.

And btw, you are wrong regarding xp, she's been working as an assassin since she was 6.

That's a good feat, but if Laura's tendency is to tank bullets rather than dodge them, then Chris has even more of an advantage then I initially thought. First and foremost, almost every enemy in the Resident Evil universe is a bullet sponge, to a certain extent. The worst of them can still take two or three point blank shotgun blasts before dying, and the best of them completely put X-23 to shame. If you think that Chris is going to be rendered helpless when his first shots don't work and X-23 keeps on charging, then you're dead wrong, he's not cannon fodder, he won't stay still and just keep shooting, he'll actively try and dodge her. Now considering Chris's on-foot speed was enough to run down a jet getting ready to takeoff, that actually makes him faster than X-23, not slower, meaning he should be more than capable of keeping a distance between himself and her for quite awhile. (Keep in mind I am referring to travel speed, not reflexes)

Secondly, the OP specified full gear. That means Chris won't be using a pistol here, he has access to some incredible firepower. Laura might have tanked that one headshot in your scan, but it was enough to send her reeling for a second before she regenerated, so I'm inclined to believe that multiple headshots in short order would have a bigger effect. And regardless of that, should Chris land a headshot with something as powerful as the M500, Laura's head is basically going to explode. I'm pretty sure that'll put her out of commission.

As for my point about experience, age does not equate to experience. Chris has still done more and seen more than X-23 has; in fact I'll say that he's done and seen a lot more. More importantly, it's made clear within the franchise's storyline that Chris has been shaped and hardened by all of his experiences; unlike Laura, he is constantly showing that he's learned from everything he's done and has become better from it, whereas Laura's experience in combat has never been a big deal. This is a close fight, but one aspect that I think it's pretty clear Chris has the advantage in is battle tactics.

Also, are you so sure that X-23 is that much faster than the Tyrants that Chris has been fighting since the very first game? Despite being big and hulking, Tyrants have always been portrayed with the speed to move as big blurs of red and backhand missiles like bugs. Take a look at this scene from Code Veronica, Claire Redfield is able to sidestep two sniper rounds from only several meters away, after they were fired.

Loading Video...

That's a feat Cassandra Cain would nod her head at. Creme de la crem peak human reflexes Claire has. Now in these excerpts from the Code Veronica novel, Claire is fighting a Tyrant that, to her perception, appears to be appearing and teleporting and blurring passed her as it pleases.

The creature was still almost twenty feet away. Claire held onto the wall, waiting for it to draw closer before running again. She was watching the creature, could see it clearly... but what happened next was like some optical illusion. It dropped its silvery head slightly-

-and was suddenly five feet away, the distance closed in a fraction of a second, and it was bringing its right arm down, parting the air with an audiblewhoosh.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica Pg. 150

There was a blur of movement, and then the spiked mace was coming around, ripping toward the side of her head. Claire jumped forward, instinctively sidestepped, but not quite fast enough. The spike didn't get her but it's powerful forearm did, bashing painfully into her ear, knocking her off her feet.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica Pg. 152

A sniper round travels at speeds that surpass mach 2. Claire had a more difficult time dodging the Tyrant than those bullets, but even if the Tyrant was only half as fast... he's still moving past the speed of sound.

And by Resident Evil 5, these monsters are totally obsolete! Chris could take them down like cannon fodder - okay well maybe not cannon fodder, but seriously, a Tyrant in RE5 would be a mini-boss at best.

Throughout the course of the series, Chris has taken on Tyrants, Alexia Ashford, Jill Valentine, Lickers and Hunters by the horde, and even Albert Wesker, yet you're saying X-23 of all people has too much speed for him?

@tparks Now as for you? You keep doing what you're doing.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Well the MCU is littered with far more formidable gunmen than Chris, who I am going to remind you is a Player Character, who's basic power within any game is to win/survive if the player can handle it...and carry half a ton of weapons and ammunitions without slowing him down :)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe? Are you referring to just the MU, not the MCU? And besides that, what's your point? It's not like accuracy is Chris's only advantage, nor has X-23 proven herself against any of these formidable gunmen anyway.

@racob7 said:

X-23, she's too fast.

Chris has taken on Tyrants, Alexia Ashford, Jill Valentine, and Albert Wesker, and won against them all. Even the cannon fodder of Resident Evil like Cerberus dogs can run at almost imperceptible speeds, and Lickers and Hunters are bonafide superhuman casual bullet timers, yet Chris fights them by the horde full. What exactly has Laura done that makes her too fast again?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um...What NickZ said.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Um...What NickZ said.

Back me up here!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Outside_85

• That's a good feat, but if Laura's tendency is to tank bullets rather than dodge them, then Chris has even more of an advantage then I initially thought. First and foremost, almost every enemy in the Resident Evil universe is a bullet sponge, to a certain extent. The worst of them can still take two or three point blank shotgun blasts before dying, and the best of them completely put X-23 to shame. If you think that Chris is going to be rendered helpless when his first shots don't work and X-23 keeps on charging, then you're dead wrong, he's not cannon fodder, he won't stay still and just keep shooting, he'll actively try and dodge her. Now considering Chris's on-foot speed was enough to run down a jet getting ready to takeoff, that actually makes him faster than X-23, not slower, meaning he should be more than capable of keeping a distance between himself and her for quite awhile. (Keep in mind I am referring to travel speed, not reflexes)
  • Secondly, the OP specified full gear. That means Chris won't be using a pistol here, he has access to some incredible firepower. Laura might have tanked that one headshot in your scan, but it was enough to send her reeling for a second before she regenerated, so I'm inclined to believe that multiple headshots in short order would have a bigger effect. And regardless of that, should Chris land a headshot with something as powerful as the M500, Laura's head is basically going to explode. I'm pretty sure that'll put her out of commission.
  • As for my point about experience, age does not equate to experience. Chris has still done more and seen more than X-23 has; in fact I'll say that he's done and seen a lot more. More importantly, it's made clear within the franchise's storyline that Chris has been shaped and hardened by all of his experiences; unlike Laura, he is constantly showing that he's learned from everything he's done and has become better from it, whereas Laura's experience in combat has never been a big deal. This is a close fight, but one aspect that I think it's pretty clear Chris has the advantage in is battle tactics.
  • Also, are you so sure that X-23 is that much faster than the Tyrants that Chris has been fighting since the very first game? Despite being big and hulking, Tyrants have always been portrayed with the speed to move as big blurs of red and backhand missiles like bugs. Take a look at this scene from Code Veronica, Claire Redfield is able to sidestep two sniper rounds from only several meters away, after they were fired.
Loading Video...
  • That's a feat Cassandra Cain would nod her head at. Creme de la crem peak human reflexes Claire has. Now in these excerpts from the Code Veronica novel, Claire is fighting a Tyrant that, to her perception, appears to be appearing and teleporting and blurring passed her as it pleases.
  • A sniper round travels at speeds that surpass mach 2. Claire had a more difficult time dodging the Tyrant than those bullets, but even if the Tyrant was only half as fast... he's still moving past the speed of sound.
  • And by Resident Evil 5, these monsters are totally obsolete! Chris could take them down like cannon fodder - okay well maybe not cannon fodder, but seriously, a Tyrant in RE5 would be a mini-boss at best.
  • Throughout the course of the series, Chris has taken on Tyrants, Alexia Ashford, Jill Valentine, Lickers and Hunters by the horde, and even Albert Wesker, yet you're saying X-23 of all people has too much speed for him?
  • If a shotgun is the heaviest armanet Chris is going to pull out, then it's going to be a cakewalk for someone that's actually shrugged off getting her arm removed with a chainsaw. Secondly I doubt he is going to be able to backpedal and keep shooting while on a rooftop at those speeds. Thirdly, yes, he probably will try to dodge when Laura gets in range... but he is actually trying to go toe to toe with one of Marvel's best h2h combatants, while he is still a regular 'SWAT'-level?
  • If he hits her that is, that slug Laura took in the head was fired at close range. I know it's a favored RE tactic to just blow the heads off zombies using Magnums or shotguns, but actually landing a headshot on a moving target is quite difficult.
  • Heh, no he doesnt. Yes, Chris has learned over the years, and yet he's still having the same difficulties with the same zombies game after game. And I provided the age bit to give you an idea how long Laura has actually been active as a hired killer in a world thats coughed up the weirdest beings and powers.
  • To be honest, I consider showings like that to be rather more artistic interpretations than feats of superhuman power, since it's only ever in the cutscenes these feats and abilities appear, you can't dodge bullets or run with 80kph ingame as I recall, it's only the movie where the protagonist is actually a superhuman?
  • If it wasn't for what I just said, true. Btw, I dont really see any signs of superhuman speeds in those excepts from the book.
  • Which I sincerely doubt because it would be breaking the sound barrier, something that big isn't going to break it silently.
  • I assume that after 3-4 games of running into these things would have taught him where to shoot... but Laura isn't really a Tyrant, so thats not really xp thats going to aid him.
  • And I am pretty sure that many a gamer has made the mistake of turning their backs to one of those monsters and promptly had their/Chris' heads ripped from their shoulders. And I didn't say speed alone does it, speed combined with a level of inhuman paintolerance and a healing factor thats unlike anything in RE.

And still the ultimate problem Chris has is that Laura only needs to hit him once in order to kill him. And kill him she most likely will, because the Laura I posted isn't even the one we are using here, this one is:

No Caption Provided

She was missing an arm doing that
She was missing an arm doing that

No Caption Provided

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nickzambuto

@outside_85: With all due respect, I think you're coming from a rather ignorant viewpoint of the RE franchise. I don't see what the movies have to do with anything, nor do I understand how the fact that a gamer can get a game over if he dies is an argument. Yes it's true that if the player turns around at the wrong time they can get beheaded by certain enemies, but what does that have to do with Chris? Obviously that's not canon, if anything it speaks more highly of his skill, the fact that he survive his missions on his very first try with his own body and no rest, whereas millions of regular people need dozens of attempts and strategy guides to do the same thing on a TV screen. But I digress.

A shotgun is in fact, not the most powerful thing Chris has on him, I don't know how my post gave you that idea, nor do I know how you would have that idea anyway if you had played any of the games. You have played the games, right? Regardless, Chris has several weapons capable of literally blowing X-23's head off. He most definitely has the ability to put her down.

Any way back peddling isn't what I had in mind. Chris has a myriad of ways to gain some distance, asking me to list them is just kind of silly. All he has to do is stop shooting, turn around, and run, then turn back around and continue firing. More strategic options include some fancy grenade work, land mines, flash bangs, or any other unorthodox plan he can come up with. If she charges him all he has to do is roll out of the way. Also calling X-23 one of Marvel's best combatants is a pretty big stretch, she's not even in the top 10. Honestly what feats of skill does she actually have? I'm curious.

• If he hits her that is, that slug Laura took in the head was fired at close range. I know it's a favored RE tactic to just blow the heads off zombies using Magnums or shotguns, but actually landing a headshot on a moving target is quite difficult.

Remember that list of super fast characters and creatures I made that Chris has defeated? Well he defeated them by shooting them. What speed feats does X-23 have that even put her on level with an average Licker, let alone Albert Wesker or Alexia Ashford? Why, pray tell, can't Chris shoot her?

• Heh, no he doesnt. Yes, Chris has learned over the years, and yet he's still having the same difficulties with the same zombies game after game. And I provided the age bit to give you an idea how long Laura has actually been active as a hired killer in a world thats coughed up the weirdest beings and powers.

What? Resident Evil introduces a new cast of creatures and enemies in every single game. The last time Chris fought a zombie was in 1998. Again, with all due respect, you shouldn't debate against a character if you have no idea who that character is or what he's capable of.

As if the enemies X-23 has faced are any weirder than the enemies Chris has faced.

• To be honest, I consider showings like that to be rather more artistic interpretations than feats of superhuman power, since it's only ever in the cutscenes these feats and abilities appear, you can't dodge bullets or run with 80kph ingame as I recall, it's only the movie where the protagonist is actually a superhuman?

Alright now you're just being silly. As if the video game is more subject to artistic interpretations than hand drawn comic book panels.

I'm not really sure what to say to that argument... it's pretty clear in the video that Claire dodged a sniper rifle, there's nothing more to it than that. If this is the only way you can think to debunk my argument, writing it off as artistic interpretation when there's nothing to interpret, then you're better off admitting you were wrong and quitting while you're ahead. Seriously, there's no shame in that.

Also neither the movie nor being superhuman has anything to do with any of my arguments.

• If it wasn't for what I just said, true. Btw, I dont really see any signs of superhuman speeds in those excepts from the book.

Your confidence in that attempted debunk astounds me.

If clearing 20 feet of space in "a fraction of a second" (emphasis on fraction) and being too fast for a bullet timer to perceive aren't superhuman, then Laura must have some completely insane feats that I'm not aware of.

• Which I sincerely doubt because it would be breaking the sound barrier, something that big isn't going to break it silently.

Actually, IIRC a human-sized object breaking the sound barrier would be almost unnoticeable, so a Tyrant who's only a couple feet bigger shouldn't be a stretch.

• I assume that after 3-4 games of running into these things would have taught him where to shoot... but Laura isn't really a Tyrant, so thats not really xp thats going to aid him.

You missed my point. Tyrants are just as fast and deadly as X-23, if not moreso. Taking them on is a good feat. By your logic, any feat ever could be debunked as "well that's not who she's fighting in this scenario so it doesn't matter".

• And I am pretty sure that many a gamer has made the mistake of turning their backs to one of those monsters and promptly had their/Chris' heads ripped from their shoulders.

And I'm pretty sure that many comic book readers made the mistake of dropping their issue in a paper shredder and promptly had X-23 destroyed. So we're on even ground when it comes to that pointless point.

And I didn't say speed alone does it, speed combined with a level of inhuman paintolerance and a healing factor thats unlike anything in RE.

No Caption Provided

As for those scans, Chris killed more Majini than that just during the first chapter of RE5. Don't get me started on the ungodly amount of enemies he's killed at once just in the Chronicles series.

And it's funny you should post that scan of X-23 getting burned by a flamethrower, because it raises a few points. Number 1 it showcases that Laura is terrible at dodging. Number 2, even though she survived and was still conscious, it's clear that the flames mucked her up. Chris also has a flamethrower as one of his more prominent weapons throughout the series, a much more powerful flamethrower as it was created for disposing BOWs, so should he blast X-23 with it, she'll be conscious, but pretty injured for a few minutes, she'll definitely become slower. That scan proves that he can tag her with the flamethrower, and if he manages to burn her up as badly as she was in that scan, then delivering the finishing blow with the M500, or maybe even the Hydra, or if he's feeling fancy, an RPG, should be easy.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I could say the same thing about you, with all due respect. The point I had by bringing up the movies was to exemplify that they are the only case where the main protagonist is a superhuman, at every other instance you are a normal guy or gal, not Deathstroke.

I know he most likely also has a rocket launcher in his back pocket, but good luck getting that out and ready to fire in time. The magnums and such is assuming that her head actually will blow apart the same way it does with the rotting dead and that he actually hit's her in the head with it.

Yes, rolling around chucking the standard choice of armanents at her is going to stop her... like it hasn't been tried by litterally hundreds of others who are now spread across the landscape. And no, it isn't really, maybe not in plain skill, but factor in her pain tolerance and healing factor, you have one of the most dangerous street levellers around.

Give me some of those characters where you actually play against them moving at those speeds rather than seeing them only use it in cutscenes, then I will believe they and he can actually do it. Look, in the first Devil May Cry, you can die from a hell of alot of things, but one of the things the main character does in a cutscene about 15min into the game is pushing a massive sword with a handguard as big as his torso through his chest and then starts juggling with it immediately after. Cutscenes and gameplay are two different worlds.

Ok, about the point of ignorance, dont. Especially not when I know damn well that one of the problems with RE has been racist undertones, where you have your white boy protagonist mowe down first your infected mexican village full od zombies and then moves to the next game where it's an infected african village, always thanks to the Umbrella Corporation. And really, you think a skinned man-tank is wierd, try looking into the classrooms of the Xavier/Jean schools.

Sorry, but I am not going to admit to anything when a game cant decide if the cutscenes and game are actually part of the same reality.

A) she's not a bullet timer (she can't see them, and the key to her dodging is to move before the shot falls) B) it's just a fancy way of saying it moves really fast, it's not like she actually has a stop watch and a slowmotion camera to time this.

The please tell me why something thats designed to be as aerodynamis as possible with the smallest of point of impacts like a jet fighter can be heard from miles away when they do it, while a slab of meat like a Tyrant wouldnt make even half the noise?

Since they apparently die from conventional bullets and explosives say otherwise. I'm sure they are scary things to face for a normal human, but nothing exceptional in the world of Marvel.

You like to hype how awesomely superhuman Chris is, when he isn't, I like to point out he is just a squishy homo sapien whos main power is to get through a game.

Ah yes Wesker, the series one recurring bad guy... you are really going to make him sound impressive by the amount of zombies he's killed? Because it's not. And despite all of their trying, at the end you needed him to grow into Godzilla where you used rockets to finally kill him.

For one, it's toxic fire, secondly; it was set off in her face, thirdly; it didn't even slow her aside the initial blast, fouth: again good luck to him getting a flamethrower out and going before she's reached him.

Let me put it bluntly, unless Chris carries some very powerful tranquilizers or some insta-kill space gun, he has no hope in hell here. Because it took 20 guys like him firing on full auto to stop her when she was 8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laura takes the win and his head

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

I could say the same thing about you, with all due respect. The point I had by bringing up the movies was to exemplify that they are the only case where the main protagonist is a superhuman, at every other instance you are a normal guy or gal, not Deathstroke.

Again, so what?

I know he most likely also has a rocket launcher in his back pocket, but good luck getting that out and ready to fire in time.

Chris was able to tag Wesker with an RPG by using stealth, he can just stun Laura the old fashioned way since she isn't as fast or strong as Wesker and then blow her to bits.

The magnums and such is assuming that her head actually will blow apart the same way it does with the rotting dead and that he actually hit's her in the head with it.

Like I said, the last time Chris fought a zombie was in 1998. Majini and J'avo aren't rotting, their straight superhumans. And Chris has managed to tag faster characters than X-23.

Yes, rolling around chucking the standard choice of armanents at her is going to stop her... like it hasn't been tried by litterally hundreds of others who are now spread across the landscape.

That's a gross oversimplification of what Chris can do. And cannon fodder isn't exactly comparable to Chris, I could just as easily compare Laura's physical abilities to a Majini or a Licker and then ask what's stopping Chris from easily shooting her repeatedly, but I won't because I know she is more than that.

And no, it isn't really, maybe not in plain skill, but factor in her pain tolerance and healing factor, you have one of the most dangerous street levellers around.

X-23 isn't Wolverine, she's really not that high up on the Marvel food chain, I think you're blowing her out of proportion.

Give me some of those characters where you actually play against them moving at those speeds rather than seeing them only use it in cutscenes, then I will believe they and he can actually do it. Look, in the first Devil May Cry, you can die from a hell of alot of things, but one of the things the main character does in a cutscene about 15min into the game is pushing a massive sword with a handguard as big as his torso through his chest and then starts juggling with it immediately after. Cutscenes and gameplay are two different worlds.

Duh, gameplay isn't canon. If it were then Chris would absolutely kick the crap out of Laura because he can tank her claws and instantly heal by eating a leaf. Would you rather me debate that version, or stick to the cutscenes?

Ok, about the point of ignorance, dont. Especially not when I know damn well that one of the problems with RE has been racist undertones, where you have your white boy protagonist mowe down first your infected mexican village full od zombies and then moves to the next game where it's an infected african village, always thanks to the Umbrella Corporation.

What? Is that why you don't want Chris to win? You think Resident Evil is racist? That's absurd, if anything it's the opposite considering Chris Redfield, the main protagonist and the character we are supposed to support, is disgusted by what Wesker and these corporations do to third world countries and dedicates his life to stopping it. We as the player are in charge of protecting these nations by stopping the villain, it's not encouraging you to go outside and shoot black people. That's insane. And what does it have to do with the battle? I'm at a loss for words...

Sorry, but I am not going to admit to anything when a game cant decide if the cutscenes and game are actually part of the same reality.

WHAT???

I hate to be rude, but... you have no idea what you're talking about. I think I'll wait for someone else who has an understanding of logic and common sense to refute my points rather than waste time on you. Grow up and then try and argue with me.

Cue incoming nonsensical hate rant... this was a fun thread while it lasted.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ostyo
copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Chris stands a better chance than some people give credit for, He has great reflexes and skill, is a top marksmen and depending on the gear at his disposal, he can win this.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Stands Claps****

Well played.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone missed the joke....

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: It's okay, Chris will just boulder punch AcidSkull until he agrees.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly can't believe this is up for debate lol. Lets be real here folks:

Chris Redfield is human, he isn't even peak human (he does have good reflxes and strength though).

X-23 is superhuman

• X-23 moves faster than Chris can react.
  • X-23 has a healing factor akin to Deadpool (before his immortality)
  • X-23 one shots Chris when she is in range, he has absolutely nothing he can do to defend himself against X-23 at close range.

This fight comes down to X-23 closing the gap between her and Chris faster than he can react and killing him. The end.

Chris' "feats" against the superhumans of Resident Evil are plot written for him to win and advance the story of the series.

Albert Wesker was superior to Chris in everyway and could have killed Chris at any point in time however the storyboard was set for him to lose. In a vine fight Wesker could teleport and kill Chris with no form of resistance.

Chris loses this 10/10.

Depending on how far they start apart, he may be able to fire one or two shots before X-23 is close enough to decapitate him, and you expect that he is going to 1 shot a target that moves faster than he can react and has Deadpool level regeneration?

Come on now folks.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris punched a rock. He stomps easily.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Dude, you do realize that not matter what weapon chris may or may not pull out of his pocket, X-23 will be able to resist almost all of it? And that's only if Chris manages to land most of the hits, but considering Laura's efficiency and agility he won't be able to.

This is someone who has taken a beat-down from a giant robot and has shrugged of a bomb detonating right next to here with absolute ease. Chris is not slacker, but fighting enemies who regenerate isn't the same as fighting someone who has a healing factor and can think of 16 different ways to kill in a couple of seconds. Most of the enemies christ faces can heal, but the answer to defeating these enemies is to literally keep shooting. In almost every resident evil game, if an enemy can't be beat, they just keep shooting at it until it kinds of dies.

I know Laura has a healing factor but her natural durability is still that of a human. Bullets penetrate her, meaning Chris's stronger weapons like the M500 or Hydra can literally blow her head off. That's not enough to KO?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: That comes down to the scenario I laid out before, Chris may be lucky enough to get one attempt with a shotgun at someone who has superior reflexes, speed,agility, and reaction time than he possesses.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nickzambuto
@theacidskull said:

@nickzambuto said:

@theacidskull said:

@nickzambuto: Dude, you do realize that not matter what weapon chris may or may not pull out of his pocket, X-23 will be able to resist almost all of it? And that's only if Chris manages to land most of the hits, but considering Laura's efficiency and agility he won't be able to.

This is someone who has taken a beat-down from a giant robot and has shrugged of a bomb detonating right next to here with absolute ease. Chris is not slacker, but fighting enemies who regenerate isn't the same as fighting someone who has a healing factor and can think of 16 different ways to kill in a couple of seconds. Most of the enemies christ faces can heal, but the answer to defeating these enemies is to literally keep shooting. In almost every resident evil game, if an enemy can't be beat, they just keep shooting at it until it kinds of dies.

I know Laura has a healing factor but her natural durability is still that of a human. Bullets penetrate her, meaning Chris's stronger weapons like the M500 or Hydra can literally blow her head off. That's not enough to KO?

No, her durability isn't peak human. As I said, she was left standing as she was basically next to a bomb(which blew her skin off), had sharks try to mold her, and had a giant robot pound on her face. She was still fine ether ways.

If anything she jumps for the Eifel tower just for the kicks. Any normal human would have been splattered on the ground, but she again seemed fine.

Rocket Launchers, Grenade launchers, and guns generally won't have much of an effect on her. She's mentally and physically quite ready for these things. Not saying she oblitirates Chris, but she still definitely wins.

Plus I doubt Chris can land a hit on her. (The scans shown above had some context behind it, which is why laura was hit in the first place)

I already addressed all of this in my post above. Even if she does have superhuman durability, clearly it's not against bullets, so there's nothing stopping the M500 from blowing her head apart like it's done to other superhumans in the RE world.

Chris has faced Tyrants, Alexia Ashford, Jill Valentine, and Albert Wesker. Even the cannon fodder in RE like cerberus dogs, lickers, and hunters move at almost imperceptible speeds. Speed is not an issue.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nickzambuto

@nickzambuto said:
@theacidskull said:

@nickzambuto said:

@theacidskull said:

No, her durability isn't peak human. As I said, she was left standing as she was basically next to a bomb(which blew her skin off), had sharks try to mold her, and had a giant robot pound on her face. She was still fine ether ways.

If anything she jumps for the Eifel tower just for the kicks. Any normal human would have been splattered on the ground, but she again seemed fine.

Rocket Launchers, Grenade launchers, and guns generally won't have much of an effect on her. She's mentally and physically quite ready for these things. Not saying she oblitirates Chris, but she still definitely wins.

Plus I doubt Chris can land a hit on her. (The scans shown above had some context behind it, which is why laura was hit in the first place)

I already addressed all of this in my post above. Even if she does have superhuman durability, clearly it's not against bullets, so there's nothing stopping the M500 from blowing her head apart like it's done to other superhumans in the RE world.

Chris has faced Tyrants, Alexia Ashford, Jill Valentine, and Albert Wesker. Even the cannon fodder in RE like cerberus dogs, lickers, and hunters move at almost imperceptible speeds. Speed is not an issue.

The zombie/dog/Licker speeds aren't much to speak.

Also, facing Wesker,for example, is not a feat since Wesker wins every single time. Only reason the others survive and win in the end is simply because Wesker talks to f*cking much for his own good. With his speed he should have slaughtered chris a long time ago, but again, that would impede the games progression.

Only way Chris can blow Laura's head off is if she stands still,which she won't. Chris will land a few hits, but they'll amount to nothing since Laura will barely notice the damage. She has extreme pain tolerance and whatever damage Chis makes she can fix.

Who said anything about zombies? In RE1 and Zero a cerberus dog could move at almost imperceptible speeds, as I said. They were speedblitzing trained special forces agents from distances away before they could pull off a shot, and in the RE2 novel Leon had a hard time keeping track of one sprinting.

Lickers can weave through machine gun fire and Hunters are their equal.

Chris has reacted to Wesker on several occasions.