Challenge A Viner - Hal Jordan (LanternBatman) vs. Superman (Blackpantherisb)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c443c2a6994d
deactivated-5c443c2a6994d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Challenge A Viner

Hal Jordan (represented by me) vs, Superman (represented by Blackpantherisb). Both characters have fought each other a few times, but the instances either have context or it is way weaker rookie version of Hal. Both founding members and friends of the Justice League. But who would win in a fair fight? Well, that's what we are here to discuss!

Hal Jordan - Represented by yours truly

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman - Represented by Blackpantherisb

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

• Composite Post-Crisis/New 52/Post-Flashpoint.
  • In character.
  • Neither have to worry about collateral damage.
  • Win by knockout or incapacitation (obviously they won't kill each other :P).
  • No amps.
  • No BFR.
  • Location is Earth, unpopulated. Random City.
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V I guarantee this one will end with some salt and I don’t want to miss it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v like hell

The_Badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emperorthanos-  Moderator

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for first posts and for voting.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tag Plz

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By blackspidey2099

@kevd4wg said:

T4V I guarantee this one will end with some salt and I don’t want to miss it

After every post too.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Very interested in this, T4V.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Nimrod  Online

T4V

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V after every post and if possible tag me in cib's all ongoing cav's that are batman or deathstroke related.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hurricanefunnel

Challenge A Viner

Hal Jordan (represented by me) vs, Superman (represented by Blackpantherisb). Both characters have fought each other a few times, but the instances either have context or it is way weaker rookie version of Hal. Both founding members and friends of the Justice League. But who would win in a fair fight? Well, that's what we are here to discuss!

Hal Jordan - Represented by yours truly

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman - Represented by Blackpantherisb

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

• Composite Post-Crisis/New 52/Post-Flashpoint.
  • In character.
  • Neither have to worry about collateral damage.
  • Win by knockout or incapacitation (obviously they won't kill each other :P).
  • No amps.
  • No BFR.
  • Location is Earth, unpopulated. Random City.
No Caption Provided

copy that

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_red_viper  Moderator

Nice t4v.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superman

"For truth, justice, and the American way!"

Bio

He's Superman, he doesn't need one.

Strength

Lifting

Superman's pure lifting strength is frankly off the charts, in a grapple he could easily demolish Hal, and he could use it to effortlessly flay Green Lantern's constructs, whilst lifting strength won't be the main factor in this debate it's certainly a massive advantage that Superman has, and he does employ it consistently in combat:

Superman: The Man of Steel #30
Superman: The Man of Steel #30

Here Superman casually tosses a spaceship the size of a small moon thousands upon thousands of miles away, and he does it fairly casually too. This is already a highly impressive feat, but it's still on his low end. (Side note: he was surprised by his own strength because he came back stronger after returning from the dead. (He got killed by Doomsday.))

Batman/Superman Annual #1

Here Superman catches War World and throws it into the phantom zone, here Batman confirms that he did exactly that. Keep in mind that it was moving at re-entry speeds and that it was shown to be significantly larger than the moon. Now just to make this feat even more impressive, literally four pages before he did this Superman allowed himself to be beaten by Batman with kryptonite, so he would have been heavily weakened whilst performing this feat. So if a heavily weakened Superman is casually multi moon level, then what can a fully powered Superman do? Crazy shit like this:

Superman Vol. 3 #13
Superman Vol. 3 #13

For five straight days, Superman lifted the weight of the Earth, and all he ended up saying was "is that all you've got, clearly indicating that it wasn't much of a struggle for him at all, and it's revealed the only reason he struggled at all was because he had been away from the sun for five days so he got weaker over time. So even planet level weight is nothing to him, it's only when he hit the multi-planetary ranges that he actually starts to struggle:

Action Comics Vol. 2 #34

As you can see the combined efforts of Martian Manhunter and Superman stop Brainiac's ship from crashing into the earth at high speeds. And this ship was massive, as the image clearly shows it was far longer than the distance between the earth and the moon, which can fit every single planet in the solar system, so this should be a multi-planet level+ to star level strength feat.

Now that I've established Superman's strength level, let me show how he applies it to his advantage in combat. Now keep in mind that I am not using these as feats of strength for Superman since most of them are contextual, I'm just displaying how Superman applies his strength in combat.

For starters he could easily use it to shatter Hal's constructs if he tries to restrain Clark like he did here:

Justice League Vol. 2 #2

As you can see Superman used his strength to easily shatter Jordan's chains, and whilst this was a rookie Hal who wasn't as good at using his powers as he is currently, I don't think that his constructs can even hope to briefly contain someone with multi planetary+ strength. He could also just rip Hal constructs in half just like he did to Doomsday:

Superman: Doomed #1
Superman: Doomed #1

So if Hal tries to create humanoid constructs or a construct army, Clark could easily rip them to shreds in the same fashion as Doomsday, who should be massively more durable than any single GL construct.

But he can use his strength to counter Hal's direct physical attacks too, not just shred his constructs:

As you can clearly see he uses his strength to catch a punch from Darkseid (Superman/Batman #13), Supergirl (Superman: War of the Supermen #2), and Wonder Woman (Superman Vol. 2 #211) preventing them from landing their attacks, so if Hal tries to hit him with a construct amped blow Clark could easily do the same, and once he has Hal in his grasp he has several ways to inflict damage:

One: Superman uses his immense strength to crush Darkseid's arm, he could easily do this to Hal unless he has some insane durability feats that I'm forgetting about. (Superman/Batman #13)Two: He casually snaps Wonder Woman's wrist using his strength. (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219)

So if Hal tries to punch Superman, Clark could just catch the blow and demolish his arm, but he has other ways to deal damage with his strength whilst grappling:

One: Superman catches a bullrush from Doomsday, and then uses his strength to hurl him into a wall. (Action Comics Vol. 3 #959) Two, Three, & Four: Superman grabs and then throws Supergirl thousands of miles and "deep into" a moon, then he catches her blow and plows her into the ground with a throw. (Superman: War of the Supermen #2) Five: Clark grabs Doomsday and spins him around with his strength to disorient him, and then hurls him to the other side of the planet. (Action Comics Vol. 3 #962)

So Superman could inflict damage on Hal and his constructs by throwing him around using his strength. As I've now clearly displayed Superman often uses his multi-planetary strength to deal damage in combat, and this will certainly be effective against Hal.

Striking

While Superman's lifting strength is certainly a useful advantage and a good way to deal damage, Kal's bread and butter for damage output is his striking power, I won't waste time showing city-mountain level feats, as even mid-tiers can replicate those, but I will jump straight into his more impressive country level+ blows:

Superman Vol. 4 #43

With one single massive haymaker, Superman sends Bizarro flying to the Moon at relativistic speeds with such great force that even when he lands he creates a massive country level explosion. But Superman can launch people with force significantly greater than this:

Superman #181
Superman #181

Here we see Superman in Bizarro's body punch Bizarro in Superman's body clean through the planet. And while the argument for this always is that, as Superman states, a Bizarro who has fully realized his power set is stronger than Superman. But actually, Superman is still significantly more powerful than even a fully realized Bizarro. This is made clear when Superman and Bizarro face off after Manchester Black gave Bizarro a fully functional conscious, and as Bizarro states, he had fully realized his own potential. Then he fought a kryptonite weakened Superman, and was unable to inflict any damage at all then was promptly one shotted, so even a weakened Superman is significantly above this Bizarro:

Man of Steel #131

So anything that Bizarro can do Superman should be able to do significantly better, and let me reassure you that Superman himself can outperform punching someone through a planet, as he has punched Wonder Woman from the sun to the earth in an instant:

Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219
Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219

Keep in mind that an instant is usually used to mean a timeframe significantly shorter than even a second, so this means that Superman hit Wonder Woman so fast that she traveled from the sun back to the Earth in well under a second. This is MFTL+, and I don't think that Hal can withstand a hit like this without some major, major damage. Now let's see what kind of environmental damage Supes can do when he unleashes blows like this:

Man of Steel Vol. 2 #2
Man of Steel Vol. 2 #2

With a colossal bullrush, Superman slams into the Moon hard enough to consume roughly half of it in a huge continental explosion, he also creates a huge crater in the process. I don't think that Green Lantern can comfortably tank continental blows, but Superman can do far better:

JLA #93

Here Superman blitzes through an oncoming asteroid, matching and overpowering the energy that it's packing, and then destroying the asteroid itself. What makes this feat so insanely impressive is the fact that as we see Ray Palmer describing on the first scan of the pair, this is an extinction level asteroid, with all of its side effects. This means that Superman casually overpowered a surface level force, without even batting an eye. In terms of quantifiable durability feats, I don't think Hal has many that could suggest he could withstand an attack of this caliber. Yet this is actually still low end for Clark, let's kick it into a higher gear now, shall we?

Superman: Lex 2000
Superman: Lex 2000

He one shots a small moon without skipping a beat, has Hal ever withstood enough blunt force to split a moon? I don't think so. Saturn has 62 moons, however very few of them are round like this one, most are rocky and asymmetrical and, in fact, for a planetoid/moon to have a rounded shape it has to be at least 600 km according to Spaceanswers.com and there are only five such moons orbiting Saturn, the smallest being Tethys, which has a diameter of 616 miles, almost one third the size of our moon. And Superman can also brutalize other high tiers fairly casually, such as Supergirl:

Supergirl Vol. 5 #5

The second that Superman gets slightly pissed and stop holding back completely he completely and utterly stomps Supergirl, dropping her to the ground and taking her out of the fight, keep in mind that he definitely wasn't going all out even at this point. And dominating Supergirl in a physical confrontation is highly impressive since she can brawl evenly whilst operating at continent shaking levels:

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheros #25
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheros #25

As it clearly states in that bottom-right panel Supergirl can trade and tank continent shaking blows with Mon-El fairly casually. Yet Superman casually puts her on her ass with one hit whilst holding back, treating her like a downright joke, yet she can literally shake entire continents with the shockwaves of her blows, I don't think that Hal is on that physical caliber, and I think that if Superman launches attacks of that caliber Hal will receive heavy damage. But Superman has even better feats:

One & Two: Superman is consistently shown casually plowing through Imperiex probes like nothing, and they are absolute tanks, a single probe easily no sold the combined efforts of Aquaman and an amped Wonder Woman. The only way she was able to damage it was by using the piercing aspect of her shield. (Adventures of Superman #594 & Action Comics Vol. 1 #781) Three & Four: Whilst slightly weakened Superman casually knocks out Mongul with a casual punch, keep in mind that Mongul can tank construct blows from Hal with no damage, and the only way Hal ended up hurting him was by using a piercing attack, and I'm sure that you know that Hal has decent striking power. (Superman: The Man of Steel #131) Five: With one colossal clothesline punch Superman one-shots Earthman, and at this point, Earthman had stolen the powers of all the Legion of Superheros, which includes Mon-Ell, and I've displayed his obscene physicality above. (Action Comics Vol. 1 #863)

So I think that by quantifiable feats, and scaling off of other characters, Superman should be able to do massive damage to Hal with every strike, and it won't take long for Clark to put him down.

Durability

Blunt Force

The fact of the matter is that with Hal's blunt force constructs and attacks, he really won't be able to put Superman down, it's just the fact of the matter. Clark has some of the best durability for herald tiers around:

Superman #181
Superman #181

I've already shown this feat in my striking power section, but it doubles as an incredible durability feat. As you can clearly see Bizarro in Clark's body completely and utterly no sells a hit that sends him through the planet, even making jokes directly afterward. But I displayed even better durability feats in my striking section alone:

JLA #93

Once again, as I've already displayed Superman casually smashes through a surface level asteroid, overpowering it, but he doesn't just overpower it, he also completely absorbs and utterly no sells the force of it. Honestly, I don't think that Hal has ever hit with above surface level force before, but Superman has tanked worse many times:

Action Comics Vol. 2 #22
Action Comics Vol. 2 #22

Here Superman tanks a hit from First Knight's mace with no damage, and this mace was insanely powerful, it easily shattered a small moon-sized ship and then launched it's pieces thousands of miles away with a single stroke. And whilst small moon level feats are all fine and dandy, Superman has many other and better Moon level feats, here is his most recent one:

Justice League Vol. 3 #5

Here Superman tanks an explosion generated from an extinction machine, whose power increases every cycle, as is explained here by Cyborg:

Justice League Vol. 3 #2
Justice League Vol. 3 #2

So this explosion>the first one, and Cyborg even confirms this when he feels the second, which he postulates will do even more damage than the first, which did this to the world:

Justice League Vol. 3 #1

The first blast destroys major cities and locations all across the world, and keep in mind that just feeling an impact around the globe takes obscene amounts of force to accomplish here is the full calculation:

"An earthquake would need to be *extremely* powerful to be felt in Los Angeles if the epicenter were in Tokyo. How powerful?

We can use this relationship to calculate the magnitude:

M = 0.68*I + 1.39*log(h) -1.4,

where M is the earthquake magnitude (Richter), I is the intensity at the focal point and h is the earthquake depth in km. Earthquake intensities of 3-4 are felt by most people, so if we take I = 3.5, and h = 10,000 km (~the shortest path through the earth from Tokyo to Los Angeles), we arrive at M ~= 14."

-https://Quora.com

And we can discover the amount of force a magnitude 14 on the Richter scale packs using thiswebsite, what we get is 1.5e+16 tons of TNT which converts to 1.5e+13 megatons and according to Sciencebased.com to would take 2.96e+13 megatons to destroy the Moon. So just shaking the planet is enough force to bust half the moon, so just imagine the amount of force it would take to destroy entire cities all across the globe, and Superman tanked a force more powerful than this. I would say that this is overall a solid moon level+ feat, but Superman has more clear-cut moon level feats:

Action Comics Vol. 2 #40

As you can clearly see Superman blitzes Doomsday into Bizarro's moon, causing it to explode, and we see that directly after the explosion Superman and Doomsday are fighting like nothing happened, so Superman can easily no-sell moon level attacks, which is well out of Hal's caliber for striking power. But Superman even transcends the moon level when it comes to durability, even when weakened he can endure planetary explosions:

Superman Vol. 3 #37-38

Here Superman is hit by a planetary explosion and is only stunned for a couple of seconds, and while it may not look like he was hit by the full force of the exploding planet he actually was. In the first panel we see Superman flying away from the exploding planet with a number of large bubbles around him, under this artist those round circles/bubbles are used to convey force as we can see in multiple instances in those same issues:

Superman Vol. 3 #37/38

One: Ulysses gets hit by a powerful energy attack, which generates a bubble of force. Two: Ulysses slams into Superman at high speed, which generates another bubble of force.

It's clear that Superman and Ulysses get hit by the full force of the explosion, then the blast launches them away from the planet, and then the explosion itself catches up to them and smashes them into asteroids/chunks of the destroyed planet. What makes this even more impressive is the fact that Superman was weakened throughout the ordeal:

Superman Vol. 3 #37
Superman Vol. 3 #37

He had been held down by a holding system that was pumping him full of energy mimicking kryptonite, he was held in this system for a while when he was unconscious and then 14 pages even after he woke up, and then only 5 pages after he was freed the planet exploded, so he was undoubtedly weakened.

So I really don't see how Hal could hurt Clark with blunt force, and he has failed to damage Clark in the past in fact:

Superman/Batman #29

As you can clearly see Superman takes a barrage of hits from Hal, and is totally and utterly unaffected, he even overpowers Hal and brings him to a halt whilst asking him questions in the middle of the blitz, completely no selling the attack. And Superman was holding back, not bracing, and was literally just trying to ask Hal questions about what was happening, hell he was still recovering from the blasts that he voluntarily tanked from Hal moments earlier so that Batman could escape the area. Not to mention the fact that Hal was morals off and going 100% all out as he states here. So considering all of these various factors I think it's safe to say that Superman won't be hurt at all by Hal's blows, at least not his post-crisis versions, let's see what happens when Hal tries to put the hurt on Kal post-flashpoint:

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #30

Here Hal pummels a holding back Superman, who he's hallucinating is Parallax, and Superman recovers more or less instantly, with no damage or even an indication of pain, and proceeds to launch a heat vision attack at Hal. And I know that the claim you'll make will immediately be "but Superman implied that Hal might be weaker!" but Hal directly contradicts this himself:

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #31

Hal explicitly states that Hector Hammond's illusions do not inhibit Hal's ability to utilize his ring and his will. Personally, I'm going to take Hal's word over Superman's on this topic. So Hal was unaffected by the mind control and was accessing the full power of his will. Also, it just doesn't make logical sense, why would Hal's powers be dampened? Literally, all the Hector did was create the illusion in Hal's mind that Superman had been possessed by Parallax, and Hal responded of his own volition using his own willpower to create his own attacks. So this showing is 100% valid and certainly isn't debunked by a vague statement from Superman. But Superman can tank hits from Latern wielders far stronger than Hal:

Tales of the Sinestro Corps War: Cyborg Superman

Okay, this is a very impressive feat, Kal is able to tank a huge blitz from Cyborg Superman, and then multiple enhanced blows from him. And just to be clear this is Hank amped up on 10x Quardian power rings, and while it may seem that it only took CS six blows to KO Superman, the last one being the construct fist attack that Superman sent Superman through the statue of liberty, but it actually skipped time from the point that Superman was punched through the statue to when he was KOed. Proof? Here it is:

Green Lantern Vol. 4 #24
Green Lantern Vol. 4 #24

In the very next issue to the Sinestro corps war (the issues where parallel to each other) we see Superman tank being hit through the statue of liberty quite literally unphased, so it took at least one more attack to put him down, but likely more since he hardly seemed damaged in that scan. Anyway it is very safe to say that in terms of striking 10x Quardian Ring amped Henshaw>>>>Hal. Here is the level of striking a much weaker version of Henshaw can perform:

Green Lantern Vol. 4 #12
Green Lantern Vol. 4 #12

With a back-handed non-construct amped strike Henshaw, with only 5 willpower rings, is able to effortlessly one shot Guy Gardener. Keep in mind that he only had 5 rings in this instance, and while we can both agree that Will power=/=Fear power thus we can't automatically say that Hank with 10 rings is twice as powerful as Hank with 5, I would actually contest that Hank is better with a fear ring that with a will ring, meaning that the CS that Superman fought would be more than twice as strong as the CS that one shot Guy Gardener. First of all it simply stands to reason that Hank would be better with a fear ring, we have seen that he feeds off and uses fear much more than will, but obviously, this isn't enough. The fact is that with yellow rings Henshaw made multiple constructs, multiple fist constructs, and even a detailed chain construct. On the other had Green Lantern Henshaw made a grand total of zero constructs, so logically he would have a better grip on fear power. To sum it up this means that Superman tanked at least 7 hits from Henshaw that were>>>>a hit that one shot Guy Gardner. And Guy is no joke when it comes to durability, he took dozens and dozens of blows from Hal before he was KOed:

https://imgur.com/a/BLVUoLI

So I think that it's very safe to assume that Hal can't do much to Superman at all with any of his blunt force constructs. Of course, Clark has much better feats than these, but until you bring out some feats for Hal I don't see why these shouldn't suffice for now.

Energy

Energy blasts and attacks are certainly Hal's main form of damage output, and he does have some impressive energy projection feats, but Superman has an absurdly high level of energy durability, one that I don't think Hal will be able to overcome in a reasonable timeframe.

Superman: The Man of Steel #131

A Kryptonite-weakened Superman swims through an island busting nuke, which should be tens of thousands of megatons, like it's nothing, completely and utterly no selling all of its effects. This a highly impressive feat, and shows that Hal is going to do massively better than island busting to even make Superman notice his attacks. But even then Superman may not be affected:

Here, to the great surprise of Jochi, Superman gets hit with a continent busting laser and survives, but he doesn't just survive, he completely no sells the blast, it doesn't even cause him pain or ragdoll him at all. So to damage Superman Hal better be blasting way above continent level, maybe planetoid/small moon level? Actually, Clark can still tank attacks of that caliber too:

Superman Vol. 2 #171

In this instance Superman gets hit by the explosion of War World, a Pluto-sized battle station, and he treats it like nothing, he doesn't emit any noise from being hit by the force of the blasts, nor is he stunned or slowed even for a second, ie. he no sells it. But again, he can no sell attacks that even put small moon level to shame, like tanking objectively moon level blasts:

Action Comics Vol. 2 #40

I already showed this in the blunt force durability section, but it also applies to energy durability, as withstanding explosions requires both blunt force and energy durability. Anyway, here Superman no sells a straight up moon level explosion that he himself caused, I don't think it's often that Hal displays energy projection massively above moon level, but what about planets?

Superman Vol. 4 #41

I've already shown that a weakened Supes can tank planet level explosions, but this is how a fully powered Clark handles them. Whilst in mid-conversation the planet under Superman explodes, and when we see him flying away from the remnants of the explosion a page later he is totally unharmed, with absolutely no damage at all, he just looks sad. So unless Hal's energy projection is well beyond planetary I really just don't see him damaging Superman easily at all. And this is actually represented in their clashes:

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #30

As you can clearly see Hal's energy projection failed to do any actual damage whatsoever to a holding back Superman, his construct missile doesn't phase him in the slightest, and then a direct blast at point blank to the face barely even draws a sound from Superman and doesn't do any damage to him. But would pre-flashpoint Hal do better? Not so much:

Superman/Batman #29

Here Superman tanks repeated massive blasts from a morals off Hal Jordan who's going 100% all out and trying to kill Superman. And he takes no damage, and he hardly even stunned, hell we even see him talking to Batman whilst being bombarded with energy blasts. So obviously Superman can tank blasts from any version of Hal in this CaV with no substantial damage.

And Superman also tanks other enormously powerful energy attacks from other beings, such as Breach:

Breach #8

We see that Superman can easily tank massive attack from a bloodlusted Breach, and earlier in the same series much smaller attacks from a less powerful version of Breach completely demolished Martian Manhunter easily, taking him out of action in a single blast:

Breach #4
Breach #4

And it's explicitly stated that Breach was rapidly gaining power throughout time, so the Superman breached tanked repeated blasts from without damage>>>the Breach who blasted MMH apart casually, considering the fact that it happened four issues later. And this isn't the first time that Superman has shown that his energy durability is way above J'ohn's.

Action Comics Vol. 1 #824

Here we see Superman tanking blasts from Preus, and he was massively, massively weakened in this instance, bullets caused him pain, he couldn't fly, and he was even having a heart attack at the time. And keep in mind that Preus's blasts KOed MMH for three issues straight.

So it's safe to assume that Superman>>>>>MMH in terms of energy durability, and Martian's have tanked impressive energy attacks in the past, so these are both highly impressive feats.

And Clark has proved that he can easily tank blasts from beings with explicitly far greater power than Lanterns, like Imperiex probes:

Superman Vol. 2 #172

After breaching the hull of an Imperiex probe it explodes on him at point blank range, and he tanks it with only minor superficial damage. And Imperiex probes pack crazy amounts of power, only using a fraction of their energy they were able to obliterate MMH and overpower Kyle's shields and one-shot him with a blast:

JLA: Our Worlds at War

Keep in mind that in the same year that this comic was released Kyle's shields blocked a planetary blast without a scratch, and he no-sold a planetary explosion in the same issue. And obviously, an explosion would release all the power it contains, so the blast that Superman should be massively more powerful than the one that decimated Kyle and his shields.

I've solidly established that planetary blasts and energies don't do much of anything to Superman, and Superman consistently tanks blasts from beings on, or above Hal's tier or energy projection without much damage at all, hell Clark consistently withstands blasts from Hal with no damage. And considering that blunt force isn't an option for Hal to inflict any real damage, this means it will take him a substantial period of time to drop Superman.

Speed

This won't be a main focus of the debate as they're fairly close in speed, but I will contest that Clark holds a solid edge, and considering this speed usage, which I will get into in my later posts, this will definitely be problematic for Hal. I won't beat around the bush with massively hypersonic and near relativistic feats, I'll start out with his flat-out LS feats:

After Jochi shoots a city busting laser Superman flies down and intercepts it before it hits the Earth. Keep in mind that he shot this blast from Warworld which, as I've already shown, was at Moon level. This means that the laser would've had to be moving at relativistic speeds at least to reach earth in such a short time frame, yet Superman outpaced it. This should put him roughly at LS. But he has more clear-cut feats:

One: Superman blitzes through a barrage of Vorx's energy blasts, avoiding and outpacing them. (Superman: The Man of Steel #113) Two & Three: Long after a Vorx energy blaster has been shot Superman rushes in and intercepts the blast before it reaches its target, cementing him as much faster than the blast. (The Adventures of Superman #591)

What makes these feats so impressive is the fact that Vorx's beta ray blasts move at near light speed, so Superman outpacing them by such a large margin should put him at LS at the bare minimum. Of course, this is still Clark's low end, he can easily kick it into the FTL ranges:

One: Superman reacts to the Omega beams and uses Henshaw to block them, keep in mind that this was Pre-Mongul training Superman, and so he was much slower than Superman by the end of Pre Flashpoint. (Superman/Doomsday: Hunter Prey #2) Two: Superman reacts to and outpaces Darkseid's omega beams, and blocks them with the Entropy Aegis. (Superman: The Man of Steel #116) Three: Does the same as above except instead of using the Entropy Aegis to block them he uses Darkseid himself. (Superman Versus Darkseid: Apokolips Now!) Four, Five, Six, & Seven: Superman reacts to Post Flashpoint Darkseid's omega beams, he then talks to Flash, runs on foot, then starts flying, notices what the beams are doing, and then reacts to his surroundings whilst weaving around buildings. He does ultimately get tagged, but he shows that he can react, perceive, and fight/comfortably move at speeds close to as fast as the Omega Beams. (Justice League Vol. 2 #5) Eight: Superman reacts to Post Flashpoint Darkseid's Omega Beams and blocks them with his HV. (Justice League Vol. 2 #50)

And in both Pre and Post Flashpoint Darkseid's Omega beams are solidly FTL, let's start with Pre Flashpoint:

New Gods Vol. 2 #6

His Omega beams outpace Lightray who would obviously be moving at top speed to escape them, and Lightray, as you may have guessed, is a casual light speedster, with a number of FTL, and even MFTL feats when pushing himself.

Final Crisis #7

Here the Omega beams stay neck and neck with Barry and Wally even when they are going at superluminal speeds, an objectively FTL feat. Also a great perception feat for Superman. Omega beams are FTL, period full stop. But the Post Flashpoint Omega Beams are actually significantly faster:

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #28

Hal has to nearly breach the speed force barrier to get in front of the Omega beams, while they were moving at hyperspace level speeds, which allows the Green Lanterns to traverse the universe. So Omega Beams in Post Flashpoint should be MFTL. And while you may argue "these Omega Beams were far more powerful than Darkseid's Omega Beams, so they can't be scaled together. However this makes no sense considering the fact that they are both made of the same energy, and the amount of power doesn't affect the speed of a type of energy. Just look at Thor, for example, his lightning is trillions upon trillions of times more powerful than regular lightning, yet it still moves at the same speed as an average bolt. Or take Lightray as an example, his light blasts are powerful enough to simulate supernovas and create stars, yet they still only move at light speed. So the Omega blasts that Superman reacted to should be just as fast as the MFTL ones that chased Hal here. And while it may seem ironic that I am claiming that Superman>Hal in speed and yet Superman couldn't outpace the beams and Hal could, Superman was using reaction, movement, and perception speed, whereas in these scans Hal was using travel and perception, so Superman's feat in a combat context is far more impressive.

So if Superman can consistently react, move, and perform combat actions faster than Omega beams/at comparable speeds to Post Flashpoint Omega beams, he should be FTL+ in terms of combat speed.

But he consistently shows that he has FTL combat speed easily on other occasions too:

The Flash Vol. 2 #209

In this race Superman and Flash start out by running at only 2000 miles per second, but they gradually build speed (I left a few scans out between scan 2 and 3 so I could upload it to CV without crashing my computer) until they are running faster than Superman's HV, which is LS and Superman then goes on to tag Wally. And racing on foot at FTL speeds automatically entails FTL reaction/perception speed or else you would be smashing into everything, in fact, it also requires FTL combat speed since you need to move your limbs to generate and speed. Not to mention the fact that they were literally tagging and reacting to each other in the fight. And Superman's HV is LS since it is comprised of microwaves which are lightspeed. Need to see this level of speed in action? Well, when he and Wonder Woman were fighting at FTL speeds to the sun HV was fast enough to tag her even when they were moving at those speeds:

Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219
Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219

This would require HV to be lightspeed at the bare minimum since they fought to the sun and back in a minute and fifty-two seconds, whereas it takes light a full eight minutes to go to the earth from the sun, so at the bare minimum, they were flying at LS, and HV tagged them mid-flight. This isn't the only time that HV has been shown to be LS either:

Superman The Man of Steel #112

Here Superman and Krypto shoot their HV at the moon, and their HV hits more or less instantly, keep in mind that it takes light 1.3 seconds to go from the Earth to the Moon, so again, in this instance, HV was moving at bare minimum LS. So Superman and Flash were both displaying solidly FTL combat speed, and speaking of HV:

Action Comics Vol. 1 #767

Superman outpaces his own heat vision after he fired it at Deathstroke and saves/KOs Deathstroke all while moving at faster than light speeds. Keep in mind that the blast was inches away from Deathstroke's face and Superman was many many feet away before he started flying. So he would have to move significantly faster than light to perform this feat.

DC First: Flash/Superman

In this instance Superman and Jay Garrick race to catch Wally, who is being controlled by Abra Kadabra, the fight goes back and forth, until finally, Superman pulls ahead, right at the final moment, Jay is just behind and realizes that he's going to lose, so he steals Superman's speed to take Clark out of the running. And Jay actually has FTL feats, so showing superior speed to him is very impressive. Keep in mind Superman did this on foot, not whilst flying, which increases his speed significantly. But Supes can perform even better against other high-level speedsters:

Superman Vol. 2 #211

Here Superman just overall outpaces Wonder Woman as soon as he gets serious, first intercepting her attack from behind, showing much better speed right off the bat. Then he blitzes in front of her 20+ feet before she can even move an inch, and then pimp slaps away before she can react. Then she tries to punch him, which he effortlessly reacts to, and then proceeds to catch her blow. What makes this so impressive is the fact that Wonder Woman is actually solidly FTL:

One: She blocks several blasts of HV from Clark at rapid speeds, a solidly LS+ feat. (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219) Two & Three: Here while Clark was flying her to the sun and choking her she showed FTL+ combat speed by grabbing his face and then using her speed and skill to break his grip by attacking his neck with a push. (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219) Four & Five: Here long after Darkseid shoots his Omega Beams Wonder Woman rushes in and intercepts them, and since Omega Beams are solidly FTL, this is a solidly FTL feat.

So Superman casually blitzing her and displaying significantly better speed is a pretty great feat of speed, one I think Hal would struggle to replicate. But Superman stacks up to other high-level speedsters just as well:

Dark Knights: Metal #3

Superman is able to race Barry, who confirms that he was moving as fast as he could, for a prolonged period of time, lapping around the planet, and N52/Rebirth Barry has MFTL feats, and they stayed neck and neck the whole damn time. So Superman was displaying at bare minimum FTL perception, reaction, and combat speed, while actually matching Barry. Way more impressive than what you have displayed for Hal. Also if you are wondering why Superman turned Gold, in the end, it's because Barry lent him speed towards the end of the race/run:

Flash Vol. 5 #33
Flash Vol. 5 #33

I don't think Hal has every actually matched a Barry level being in speed before, especially not one who was operating to the best of their abilities, maybe he's tagged them, but this is a different kind of speed altogether. This should be enough speed feats for now.

Conclusion

I didn't get into Superman's speed usage or HV/Frost Breath this post as it was my opener, but those will be coming in later posts, I'm just going to do a quick breakdown of my post into the key points and categories:

Strength

• Superman has easily multi-planetary lifting strength, which dwarfs Hal's by a solid amount.
  • He can use this lifting strength in several effective ways, to break Hal constructs, bust out of restraints, catch Hal's blows, ragdoll him, or even just straight up grapple with and overpower him.
  • Superman operates on the surface and even small moon levels with the utmost of ease and overpowers and oneshots beings of a comparable caliber. And obviously, this is really just scratching the surface of his feats.
  • Hal has never quantifiably tanked a hit of this nature, and a barrage of them could be used to shatter his constructs and defenses and put him down fairly quickly.

Durability

• In terms of blunt force durability Hal can't hurt Superman, simple as that, Clark has tanked surface level impacts, small moon level blows, multi moon busting shockwaves, and even planetary explosions while weakened.
  • Not only can Hal not hurt Superman with blunt force by feats, but Hal has failed to do so in both Pre and Post Flashpoint and Superman has tanked blows from vastly stronger beings.
  • Hal's main form of damage output is energy projection, and Superman is equally as well protected against that form of damage as well. He has no sold moons exploding on him, tanked planetary blasts whilst weakened, and even brushed being hit by the full force of an exploding planet with no damage. Hal doesn't consistently have planetary energy projection and will struggle to deal damage to Superman by feats.
  • And Superman has brushed off blasts from a morals off and bloodlusted Hal himself, as well as many other powerful characters. So overall Superman should be able to tank pretty much anything Hal throws his way.

Speed

• Since they are fairly close in this category raw speed feats don't matter as much, speed application is more significant here, which I will elaborate on in my next posts, though Superman should be slightly faster.
  • He is casually relativistic and can kick it up into the FTL-FTL+ ranges without much difficulty. Hal operates at these speeds much less often than Clark, and his overall speed should be lower, especially considering that Superman has shown that he can stack up to, and outspeed some of the fastest beings in the DCU

Superman wins, period.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jobbing hal - Superman 6/10

Non-jobbing Hal - Lantern 7-8/10.

T4v.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanternbatman: If you didn’t have issues then the CaV would be over already lol.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Men aren't infallible. They make mistakes....and they learn from those mistakes. They get back on their feet and move on.... and they try very hard not to make the same mistake again. They don't run away from who and what they are...because if they do they'll never stop. Sooner or later you have to turn and face it-- you made a mistake! Welcome to the human race, pal. It's your choice. If you let it, it will destroy you. But if you do let it, remember you had a choice... you just picked the easiest way. You didn't fall into that bottle. You crawled in and pulled the cork in after you!" - Hal to Ollie in Green Arrow Vol. 2 #20a

Overall, very nice opener BPIB, I feel this is going to be a great debate. Unfortunately for you I can already easily spot a few considerable mistakes and showings in your post that you seem to use as significant points, I don't believe any of your actually valid feats are anywhere remotely enough to defeat Hal as easily as you're implying if at all, with your non-valid feats seem honestly to be trying and twist context, whether deliberately or not (knowing you, not). In fact I think several of your examples hurt your case, while allowing me to strengthen mine all the same. At points it honestly feels like blatant lowball due to your hatred toward the character, which I hope I don't have to deal with much further during the debate, regardless hopefully I raise your views on Hal. With that said, let's get into the meat and potatoes of the debate...first I will introduce Hal and a taste of his feats, then counter your showings with either my personal nitpicks regarding them or just showing superior feats for Hal. Oh, and sorry for any aggression, it's just how I debate.

Introduction/Powers and Abilities

I'm not interested in making the usual mini-respect thread often seen in openers this time around, rather I'll just explain why Hal wins along with feats extrapolating on such. First is all Hal's forms of offense, those being energy projection, blunt force constructs, piercing constructs and restraint constructs. Their uses are fairly obvious as signified by their names, but what matters is how Hal puts them to use. A recent example would be from Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #41 which is relevant to my case in multiple ways, mainly due to the fact Hal was facing General Zod boosted under 2 suns. For the record, Zod has actually shown superiority to New 52 and Rebirth Superman in Superman/Wonder Woman #5 by overpowering and breaking his arm, as well as casually tanking a barrage of blows from Rebirth Superman in Action Comics #983. When he was physically overwhelmed, Hal thunk tactically and created a construct army to handily dispatch Zod by slamming him with blunt constructs that disperse into energy explosions. And it totally worked. It's actually going to be a bit hard to destroy or tank constructs that combine blunt force + energy at the same time while dealing with Hal himself.

This example showcases energy projection and blunt force but it does not completely show Hal's full offensive capabilities. In regards to piercing constructs Hal's created arrows inside of Mongul when all his other attacks were failing, and in terms of the strength he can exert when he attempts his restraint constructs he's tethered the moon, stopping it from spinning out of control (Krona the Guardian had done so and removed it out of it's original orbital position) and returned it back to it's orbital position without much effort, a clear-cut moon level strength feat and Hal was a rookie here, for the record the gap between rookie Hal and experienced Hal is massive, which I can back up by several comparisons. So even while a rookie, Hal was teasing moon level strength, he should be significantly stronger as of now. In Green Lantern Vol. 4 #7 and DC's First: Green Lantern/Green Lantern respectively:

In terms of speed I will just bring up the famous and quantifiable example from Green Lantern: Rebirth #5. Even when Hal just came back as Green Lantern, and was off his game, he was still good enough to have a fight with Sinestro from the moon to Saturn in the timeframe/period of a conversation. The reason this passes off as a feat of all facets of speed, most prominently combat speed, is because they consistently weave their flight-paths, get into grappling contests, shoot energy beams, protect from cutting attacks like Hal did with his constructs, just generally fight in the period it took them to reach Saturn. In a bid to quantify just how much faster than light this feat is, this source states reaching Saturn from Jupiter would take 36 minutes, and to lowball the feat let's say Hal and Sinestro took 5 minutes (something I think both me and you doubt, BPIB) to reach there, that would still means the feat is dozens of times FTL, except that's just to reach Saturn from Jupiter not from the moon to Saturn. To further put a twist on the feat, using any speed calculator like this, plug in the inputs (the distance between the moon and Saturn, the time they took to reach Saturn) and I got the 143,953,872,00 km/h (or Mach 92642846) figure, meanwhile light sits in at Mach 874030. So yeah, that fast, the feat is two digits more than lightspeed if we're going by mach. In simple terms, this is an FTL+ level feat.

I know this hasn't been properly quantified before, and I've seen some question it's consistency after the quantification. But it would be consistent with how I see Hal; much faster than Superman and characters of similar speed, but not yet on the level of top-tier speedsters like Thawne, Barry and Wally, they are far faster yes but he's always managed to keep up to a degree regardless. Now, I know this might turn out as a 105x FTL feat, which I'd agree would be a hilarious outlier for Hal. But you must take into consideration they didn't fight all the way through that distance, they fought through a solid portion of it (still making it an FTL showing given the original 105x FTL figure) but at times they're either flying in a straight line or seemingly slowing down.

Admittedly Hal doesn't use his speed in the same form Clark does but he doesn't need to, simply avoiding and evading Superman's attacks is what's needed though. I don't think Hal will go in speed-blitzing Superman and dancing around him, it's not how he fights (athough Hal's superior speed should logically allow him to prevent/evade Superman from doing all that), but he does use his speed to a degree, for instance Action Comics #630 wherein he is constantly at the evasive against Captain Atom, using his flight for maneuverability and evading his attacks....although I do feel it is important to note Hal has went in speed-blitzing Superman in the past during Superman/Batman #29, which he isn't to say he'll do the same here, especially as he wasn't in his normal state of mind, but it does show clear-cut superior speed already.

On durability Hal has respectable showings in both blunt force and energy durability categories, he's effectively no-sold getting blasted through a planet shrugging it off unfazed, in regards to heat-vision given Hal has tanked a punch from Cyborg Superman with Green Lantern rings (the same Henshaw who casually one-shotted Guy Gardner) and then, more importantly, a direct point blank heat vision blast to the face I don't see it doing much, especially as Henshaw has one-shotted Superman with heat vision in the past (Action Comics #633 and Green Lantern Vol. 4 #13):

This should be enough for now. I have a LOT more showings to use, but I don't want to dump feats for an introductory so I'll leave you with this and present more feats throughout the debate. Currently though, my strategy is for Hal to create a construct army and attack/assail Clark from all sides with it. I just want you to think of the uses of this for a second. Every time Clark destroys a construct (and I maintain the fact that it will be difficult to do so even for a single construct), Hal recreates it and the cycle goes on. And while he is beating down one construct, the other constructs would be attacking him with blows, energy explosions, and the likes, all at the same time. Clark will struggle to keep up with all that versatility and bombardments while busting the constructs and getting to Hal.

Basically, Superman's only way to defeat Hal is speed-blitz him and then quickly take him down with repeated, concentrated blows to the face. This can't happen because 1) Hal is more than capable of reacting to any speed-blitzes, even you concede they're fairly close in speed. And with that he can create defensive construct bubbles (I can actually show a handbook entry and even a showing of the ring automatically protecting Hal with this) to protect him while he, again, creates a construct army surrounding Clark, and fly out of close quarters combat, 2) he can't come close to and speed-blitz Hal like that when the construct army is already bombarding him and attacking him from all sides, 3) Hal can disrupt any speed-blitzes/bullrushes by attacking Superman with suddenly creating constructs ramming Clark in the face, 4) Superman will not to be able to so quickly take down Hal due to his impressive durability. Here are showings of the construct armies to showcase all the uses I'm referring to and how Hal uses it. I already showed scans of Zod instance, but I'll show them again for specific uses.

1. Green Lantern Vol. 4 #55 - Creates a construct army of troopers and tanks to battle Lobo.
  2. (2-3) Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #3 - Creates an array of blunt force hammer constructs to stop an incoming attack from Yellow Lanterns and take them down.
  3. Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #3 - Launches a barrage of plasma missile bombardments to bombard and attack the same Yellow Lanterns with energy explosions.
  4. (5-6) Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #6 - Attacks and stops blitzes from the Sinestro Corps by peppering them with turret gunfire and missile explosions.
  5. (7-9) Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #41 - Creates constructs from all sides to blindside Zod, creating the constructs once Zod busts a few to restart the cycle, rams Zod with a construct in the face while another construct comes from behind, slams him, then disperses in an energy explosion, ultimately taking Zod out.

Admittedly, Hal hasn't used this construct army in Post-Crisis a whole lot but in Rebirth his tactics have changed and he's been using them on a fairly consistent basis, and I don't see Superman being able to effectively counter it.

Counters

Lifting Strength

In regard to lifting strength I will indeed give Superman the edge due to his New 52 strength feats, but I will maintain that Clark isn't demolishing Hal's constructs nearly as close as you say, the strength gap isn't anywhere near that gap, in fact the notion is flat out absurd, and I do still feel the restraint constructs can briefly distract him to set-up more attacks or attack him in those few nanoseconds. Right now I'll just go through your feats.

Here Superman casually tosses a spaceship the size of a small moon thousands upon thousands of miles away, and he does it fairly casually too. This is already a highly impressive feat, but it's still on his low end. (Side note: he was surprised by his own strength because he came back stronger after returning from the dead. (He got killed by Doomsday.))

And how large is a small moon? Moons range from small moonlets to moons the size of ours and even the gigantic Titan, it's hard to determine what Clark was thinking of, irregardless Hal's moon level strength is better in every way, at the very least it wasn't a small moon but our moon, and he didn't just throw it a few thousand miles, no sir he returned it to it's orbital position as a rookie, my feat is just better. I recognize this still wasn't Superman at his full Post-Crisis power level, but I'm curious if the gap between this Superman and the Post-Mongul training is as considerable as the one between rookie Hal and experienced Hal. Take for example his fights against Atrocitus under the exact same writer Geoff Johns, in Green Lantern Vol. 4 #33-34 Atrocitus effortlessly shattered his constructs and ragdolled him even without the Red Lantern ring and despite the fact Sinestro helped make that first restraint construct...

In sharp contrast when Atrocitus was boosted by his Red Lantern and thus far more powerful and stronger, and actually faced a fully experienced Hal Jordan during Green Lantern Vol. 4 #48, Hal put him in a restraint construct with Atrocitus failing to put in so much as a hairline fracture in the construct, so let me assure you that the gap between rookie and experienced Hal is astronomical:

No Caption Provided

I have a few more examples to draw on here but this should be enough to highlight the power gap/creep between rookie Hal and the latest experienced Post-Crisis Hal, so the moon level strength feat he performed should be vastly outdone, and so I don't believe that small moon-level strength feat is really relevant.

Here Superman catches War World and throws it into the phantom zone, here Batman confirms that he did exactly that. Keep in mind that it was moving at re-entry speeds and that it was shown to be significantly larger than the moon. Now just to make this feat even more impressive, literally four pages before he did this Superman allowed himself to be beaten by Batman with kryptonite, so he would have been heavily weakened whilst performing this feat. So if a heavily weakened Superman is casually multi moon level

This is the first instance I feel you are overhyping Superman's showings to a degree. First of all, there is no sign that this was done as casually as you say, we don't get a close-up on Superman to see how much effort he took, for all we know it was considerable strain which, of course, would lessen the impressiveness of the feat. This is essentially a baseless irrelevant assumption from your side which ends up meaning diddly-squat to me...there's really no way to tell if he's struggling or not, from a picture where we don't clearly see him. Although based on the panel progression and the simple conversation between Batgirl and the other Warworld person I doubt it was a few seconds, perhaps minutes.

Second of all, I don't believe he was "heavily weakened." or anything close to it, that's utter nonsense. Clark just might have got a chance to absorb solar energy when he flew out of Warworld, something that should have fully healed him up especially as there are examples to demonstrate how quickly the exposure to the sun amps Kryptonians, like here wherein direct exposure to sunlight cleaned out a Kryptonian's system in seconds in Supergirl Vol. 5 Annual #1...it's worth noting that Clark was seen completely fine and unharmed right after he threw Warworld in the annual as you can clearly see in the scan below, so I don't see how he was weakened at all, even less "heavily." that seems to be pure fan-fiction at this point. I will say he probably wasn't at his absolute best but saying he's highly weakened seems blatantly false as well....

Although since we're on the point of multi-moon level strength, Hal does indeed have feats on this level and better. Not only is Hal capable of outdoing that, but he can do it even while not fully experienced and without too much effort, the feat in question from JLA: Year One #10 is Hal effectively "holding" the planet together:

In basic terms the theorized "Super-continent" is reforming, every single landmass and continent on Earth was quickly reuniting through immense power reversing the continental drift to form into one singular super-continent...Hal created giant-sized constructs all around the planet that dwarf even the moon (something we see in comparison with the constructs if you look closely, and before you nitpick on my wording, I realize that if you attempt to curl each singular construct into a ball they wouldn't be as huge as the moon, they are more than certainly longer as in in length however, although obviously their width and the volume they encapsulate is immense as well) in size, and exerted enough force with each singular construct to hold all the landmasses and continents, all of them, in place. That what's I said he's effectively holding the planet together (well, for the most part). For the record, this was back in Hal's first few months as member of Justice League. He was a bit more experienced than, say, a month of Green Lantern work or something, but he still isn't as powerful as the Hal you're fighting here. From now though we get into the planetary+ ranges, right now Hal is outdoing Clark's feats and admittedly we're getting into the feats I doubt Hal can replicate as well as Superman, but I have enough reason to back up Hal keeping up nonetheless, although it is important to note you are vastly overhyping and twisting some of your feats from here on out.

For five straight days, Superman lifted the weight of the Earth, and all he ended up saying was "is that all you've got, clearly indicating that it wasn't much of a struggle for him at all, and it's revealed the only reason he struggled at all was because he had been away from the sun for five days so he got weaker over time. So even planet level weight is nothing to him,

I don't really have any problems with this feat, the writer's intent is explicitly clear but I have issues with the way you presented it. He was speaking in a lower tone of voice as indicated by the way the letters are drawn and was clearly straining proven by his facial expression as well as speaking every word apart (i.e "That's....all...you've....got?" with the ellipsis), a boastful statement actually often used in a playful manner doesn't go past all that and make it seem like he was bench pressing Earth with his pinky, nor does a statement where the scientist herself says "You might have been straining because-" She is unsure if that's the reason or not. Regardless, Hal has a nigh planetary-level strength feat when he helped Post-Crisis Superman return the Earth back to it's orbital position in Justice League Of America Vol. 3 #29:

Starbreaker was a cosmic alien vampire capable of stomping the Justice League on occasion. In this instance, he was pulling the Earth out of it's orbit, flying it to the sun at FTL-MFTL speeds. So, Hal and Superman, actually recognized as the only members of the Justice League strong enough to pull the Earth back to it's orbit, attempted to pull the Earth back to it's original position. At first they were straining, as Starbreaker's pull was getting stronger. However when his pull stopped, Hal and Clark managed to quickly pull the planet back to it's place, pretty casually too. I've seen this feat get discredited by debaters as not as impressive as it seems proven by the fact they were failing to overpower Starbreaker's pull, however that counter would essentially by a strawman as I'm only using this feat to say Hal can return the Earth back to it's original orbital position without much effort albeit with the assist of Superman, not that he can overpower Starbreaker. This gets really impressive when you consider they had to pull Earth such a massive distance at MFTL speeds, something just by logic should be superior than lifting the thing.

And, before you say GL just created a construct for Superman to use as a tether to pull the planet, but he didn't help pull it like I've some "debaters" say, that is simply wrong by all accounts:

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern clearly states they're the only ones strong enough for this. Both of them, strong enough for this. Why would he mention his constructs' strength enough for the task if he isn't going to use their strength? That would make absolutely zero sense.

It might sound like circular logic as Clark himself assisted with this and seemingly took care of half the effort, but that's the point. This feat would only pretty much make Hal as strong as Post Crisis Superman and comparably strong to Nuperman, that's the gist of the idea, Hal's feat in my opinion would be superior if he did it alone but he only accomplished half the effort so I'm inclined to give Clark the edge, but not by any too much of a significant margin that Clark can demolish the constructs, that's honestly disrespectful toward Hal's power level and just plain overhyping.

As you can see the combined efforts of Martian Manhunter and Superman stop Brainiac's ship from crashing into the earth at high speeds. And this ship was massive, as the image clearly shows it was far longer than the distance between the earth and the moon, which can fit every single planet in the solar system, so this should be a multi-planet level+ to star level strength feat.

......okay, several issues with this feat. This is by no means a multi large planet let alone friggin' star level like you're making it out to be, and I think you realize this. First, the ship is vast in length indeed, but you're forgetting width, it's presumably very wide obviously but if you try to fit/curl it into a ball (got this example from Krle) I doubt it would be as large or wide as Uranus, let alone Jupiter and then every planet in the freaking solar system. Secondly, that's the only scan wherein the ship actually looked that massive, in other instances such as the ones I hand-picked below from Superman/Wonder Woman #11 and Action Comics Vol. 2 #34 respectively, it's not nearly or consistently as massive as the example cherry-picked, whether purposely or because you neglected and failed to notice...

The first scan even makes it look smaller than Earth...I do recognize it is more consistently larger than Earth based on both statements and showings but if we wish to cherry pick instances to suit our needs then I can do so as well, or this isn't a fair debate.

Thirdly, the ship would be mostly hollow (to account for the occupants and the fact that Brainiac has no reason to fill the ship everywhere making it weight more just out of spite) whereas planets are for the most part consistent, again lessening the impressiveness of the feat to a degree. Fourth, it was indeed the combined efforts of Superman and Martian Manhunter, something you state yourself and yet later ignore with the "multi-planet level+ to star level strength feat." when it would be half of that in reality. Fifth, Clark wasn't just <struggling> it's worth noting to the voters and important to not forget that Clark was using every single ounce of strength he has proven by the consistent screams, strain and sweating, the panel below most clearly establishes this. Saying Superman will demolish Hal and the constructs with this strength assumes Clark can casually generate it, when he can't, it took everything he has to generate this much force, hell it very likely took an adrenaline rush to actually perform the task. Honestly, given all these factors combined I would only put this feat at a little above planetary (in terms of how this would translate into the force Clark can produce without THAT much effort), nowhere near the multi-large planetary to fking star level ballpark you so casually placed...

No Caption Provided

Now, to get to your applications of strength. I do agree with how Clark applies his strength which is why I won't address some showings, I only have issues with the actual showings used and assumptions you made...

So if Hal tries to create humanoid constructs or a construct army, Clark could easily rip them to shreds in the same fashion as Doomsday, who should be massively more durable than any single GL construct.

Okay, I just read all of this Doomsday's appearances and I am personally astounded by how you can he is more durable than any Green Lantern construct, let alone massively. It's absolute best showing is tanking a a punch that sent it into orbit and then being slammed at Venus in Superman: Doomed #1...the former is a mid-tier feat that I honestly doubt is above nuke level by any notable amount, the latter is decent but I fail to see how you can say it makes Doomsday massively more durable than GL's constructs, you literally just tossed around that claim with <nothing> to back it up as though I should take your word for it, which, at this point, isn't very advisable in all honesty...

For more reference on the constructs' durability, even Pieface (a close friend of Hal's who got possession of the ring) in Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will and Testament Of Hal Jordan managed to create a construct good enough to flat out no-sell a blitz from the Flash to the point he got dazed just by how hard the construct is, and a pounding from Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman at the same time failed to even crack it...Pieface is the same issue was a screwup that was consistently whining about his responsibilities, I doubt he's as powerful as your average rookie Lantern let alone Hal who's been consistently referred to as the Greatest Green Lantern and accomplished willpower feats even Sinestro has failed to. Ergo, anything Pieface does, Hal should be able to vastly outdo, meaning his constructs should be far more durable as well.

Both J'onn and Wonder Woman have impressive feats as we all know, Martian Manhunter was blitzing and one-shotting White Martians, Wonder Woman has drawn blood and harmed Superman himself on occasion. I have citations for all of these examples to show if need be, but I think you get the point. Also, how is Clark going to rip dozens of Green Lantern construct armies/humanoids to shreds at the same time? Pretty much every time he destroys a construct (and I doubt he can do without a continued pounding of his strongest blows) Hal will recreate it and the cycle continues, this was seen in Hal's fight against Zod already. Furthermore whenever Clark tries to blitz and shred any construct Hal could launch and attack Superman with plasma turret gunfire and missile bombardments to stop the blitz, like he did so in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #6 against the Sinestro Corps, which I already showed.

As you can clearly see he uses his strength to catch a punch from Darkseid (Superman/Batman #13), Supergirl (Superman: War of the Supermen #2), and Wonder Woman (Superman Vol. 2 #211) preventing them from landing their attacks, so if Hal tries to hit him with a construct amped blow Clark could easily do the same

What? The only time Hal ever attempted a construct amped blow was when he was forced in CQC, Superman doesn't have any way to pressure him to that situation. Hal's entire fighting style is based around staying at a range and attacking from there due to his immense mobility, not getting in close. Generally he deals blunt damage with his constructs, not his strikes amped with constructs. Why do you assume that?

One: Superman uses his immense strength to crush Darkseid's arm, he could easily do this to Hal unless he has some insane durability feats that I'm forgetting about. (Superman/Batman #13) Two: He casually snaps Wonder Woman's wrist using his strength. (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219)

These two examples are heavily contextual BPIB, making both overall worthless in this debate. For starters, in both cases Superman was somewhat enraged and in the second one outright bloodlusted, for the first he thought Darkseid had killed Supergirl, and based on his dialogue and thoughts he was enraged to an extent. On the topic of snapping Diana's wrist he was mind-controlled by Maxwell Lord to murder her, seeing her as Doomsday killing Lois Lane, his wife...both of these examples you chose miss the specific need for in-character showings: I know how Superman can apply his strength, the only thing I'm questioning is if he'll break Hal's arm (something I don't believe him capable of in any case) under his moral obligations and code, restraint of the use of his powers, and the fact he's fighting one of his friends in the JLA. You have failed to showcase any of that, these showings mean nothing to me and are flat out worthless as of now...

Something I've already established is how even a few seconds of sunlight exposure unfiltered by Earth's atmosphere does wonders for Kryptonians, this is important because both cases had Clark nearby to the sun, ergo an amp. Both of these are chalk full of context making them completely irrelevant.

As far as I'm concerned, the Wonder Woman example actually hurts your case to a degree, I mean she was repeatedly harming and ragdolling Clark, hell with a kick she hit him so hard that he's clutching his chest as though a rib broke... I have on-panel showing of Pieface's construct no-selling a double slam from her so you can see how this might hurt your case and strengthen mine needless to say.

Disclaimer: I don't think Diana consistently hits hard enough to break Superman's ribs. It's just the example you're choosing to use yourself works against you more than anything, which I felt I needed to mention.

So if Hal tries to punch Superman, Clark could just catch the blow and demolish his arm,

What?? This is nonsense, I can count the amount of times Hal has went in to close quarters and punched his opponent on my fingers, actually from what I've read (all of Hal's appearances up to 2005) he's done it around six times. And some of them had context like settling it out in a fist fight, being low on power or being ambushed and forced into close quarters. But he's going to use it against Clark here? Do you have anything to back it up? Any proof, any piece of evidence? What actually happens in most of his fights is he uses his flight for mobility and from a distance attacks with energy blasts and constructs, not this made up fan-fiction.

One: Superman catches a bullrush from Doomsday, and then uses his strength to hurl him into a wall. (Action Comics Vol. 3 #959) Two, Three, & Four: Superman grabs and then throws Supergirl thousands of miles and "deep into" a moon, then he catches her blow and plows her into the ground with a throw. (Superman: War of the Supermen #2) Five: Clark grabs Doomsday and spins him around with his strength to disorient him, and then hurls him to the other side of the planet. (Action Comics Vol. 3 #962)

Is this supposed to change anything? Superman has already failed to catch a bullrush and hurl Hal away in Superman/Batman #29, as for "grabbing and throwing him away." I'm going to need actual showings of Clark harming someone with Hal's durability just by hurling and throwing them at something, in all of your showings the characters weren't much harmed or damaged in the first place. I personally doubt any of those characters tank multi-planetary to star level impacts, so are there any actual showings of Superman damaging someone of note just by throwing him? You can't expect me to believe the force Clark exerts with his throwing is about the same as the force he exerts by bench pressing Earth, do you?

Striking Power

Here we see Superman in Bizarro's body punch Bizarro in Superman's body clean through the planet. And while the argument for this always is that, as Superman states, a Bizarro who has fully realized his power set is stronger than Superman. But actually, Superman is still significantly more powerful than even a fully realized Bizarro. This is made clear when Superman and Bizarro face off after Manchester Black gave Bizarro a fully functional conscious, and as Bizarro states, he had fully realized his own potential. Then he fought a kryptonite weakened Superman, and was unable to inflict any damage at all then was promptly one shotted, so even a weakened Superman is significantly above this Bizarro:

So anything that Bizarro can do Superman should be able to do significantly better, and let me reassure you that Superman himself can outperform punching someone through a planet,

This is just circular logic. Just think about this for a second...you're saying Superman in Bizarro's body punched Bizarro in Superman's body clean through a planet, and while Bizarro might be powerful due to Clark's statement, he actually is significantly less powerful than Superman due to that showing of Clark tanking his blows while weakened with zero damage, but then you fail to notice that Superman's body (when Bizarro was possessing him) also tanked a blow from Bizarro's body (when Superman was possessing) in that same instance wherein it's stated Bizarro is stronger.........what? The writer realizes Bizarro can't damage Superman with his blow, yet he still insisted that Bizarro might be stronger by having Superman state that, ergo that other example is pointless, the writer knows Superman casually tanks Bizarro's blows already. Moreover, this is faulty scaling and I think you know this, you are scaling Bizarro's striking power vs. Superman's durability when we're discussing Superman's striking power vs. Bizarro's striking power, completely separate topics that have nothing to do with each other. I can scale in similar ways that end up in Hal one-shotting Superman with blunt force constructs, but I know I would be scaling different attributes to each other and so the scaling is faulty. I see what you're aiming for, but it doesn't really make any sense.

In any case, I've shown Hal no-selling exactly that in my introductory, in-fact he shrugged off being blasted through the planet with zero damage. Ergo, I don't really care either way, it works for me.

as he has punched Wonder Woman from the sun to the earth in an instant:

Yeah.

No, I've just went through exactly why that feat is completely invalid, inapplicable and irrelevant to the fight we're having here, he was amped by sunlight exposure boosting him.

With a colossal bullrush, Superman slams into the Moon hard enough to consume roughly half of it in a huge continental explosion, he also creates a huge crater in the process

I disagree, I'm not sure what you are basing this as a large continental+ feat on. Superman certainly didn't engulf half of the moon in a continental explosion, he only caused an explosion on one side of the moon, your wording is misleading and makes it seem as though Superman engulfed half of every side of the moon as well as half of the volume it encapsulates. The explosion isn't as large as presumed either, from the perspective it was drawn it basically covered the <top> of it, that side of the moon was very clearly extended other than the mere explosion we see, it's drawn as clear as day. I'd put this at large country level/small continental level more likely.

No Caption Provided

Here Superman blitzes through an oncoming asteroid, matching and overpowering the energy that it's packing, and then destroying the asteroid itself. What makes this feat so insanely impressive is the fact that as we see Ray Palmer describing on the first scan of the pair, this is an extinction level asteroid, with all of its side effects. This means that Superman casually overpowered a surface level force, without even batting an eye. In terms of quantifiable durability feats, I don't think Hal has many that could suggest he could withstand an attack of this caliber.

A surface level force? By that do you mean it will utterly destroy the surface of the Earth, or cause major damage? Because in both cases that's still incorrect. Ray Palmer didn't say it will bust anything, it's just that the impact of the Asteroid will cause earthquakes, tidal waves, and the likes. He didn't mention anything about it obliterating anything. It is extinction level though. But honestly, I'm not sure how impressive that is. For the record, even the Tsar Bomba was causing world-wide earthquakes. I know that asteroid would be way more powerful given the other affects listed, and obviously the Tsar Bomba wasn't extinction level. But it puts it into perspective how unimpressive causing earthquakes actually is, unless they're a high number on the Richter Scale or something (The Atom does say it will cause massive earthquakes, but we don't know his reference. He might have been referring to 5.0 Earthquakes even). Overall, I'm not sure how to look at this feat.

Although the Tsar Bomba was detonated 4 kilometres above ground, a seismic shock wave equivalent to an earthquake of over 5.0 on the Richter Scale was measured around the world.

Credit

But I don't see how busting it means you strike way harder than extinction-level force. Do you have anything backing up that you need to match and overpower the energy an object like that asteroid is packing to destroy it? Because, as far as I know, that doesn't actually affect the object's durability. All Clark did there was bust an asteroid.

Regardless, you asked me for quantifiable surface level blunt force durability feats for Hal. I'm not gonna deny it, Hal's quantifiable blunt force durability feat are lacking in regards to quantity (although their quality is immense), but we can easily scale him to Fodder Green Lanterns. In the Green Lantern Corps #218, a group of Green Lanterns (mostly fodder) no-sold a planetary explosion. Not only they didn't expect it, but they didn't just tank it, they no-sold it with zero damage. This is the kind of feat that doubles for energy durability as well.

I can show multiple accolades and willpower feats of Hal accomplishing shit even the greatest Green Lanterns couldn't if you want. But just to prove this translates to power-level and a huge power gap as well, Hal has stomped a group of Lanterns in DC's First: Green Lantern/Green Lantern when he was possessed by Krona The Guardian. Fact that he could hold top-tier Lanterns like Kilowog helpless in his grip and ragdoll the other Lanterns (we even see some knocked out on the ground) should be enough proof that he's much more powerful. And Hal was a rookie here, I've already established the gap between rookie Hal and experienced Hal. This should mean Hal is actually way more durable than these Lanterns. I know this makes me sound like a hypocrite as I've said you can't scale different stats and attributes to each other, but this is different. Lanterns' power depends on experience and willpower. Hal is already way above them in that, I'm just showing it indeed translates to power, and more importantly, a large power gap.

No Caption Provided

And, in expectation for Superman's moon-level striking feats Hal has tanked an FTL bullrush from Alexander Nero amped by tapping into the Ion power, then being smacked at a nearby Moon busting it to bits yet taking no visible damage and shrugging it off, during Ion: Guardian Of The Universe #4. I know this seems like a planetoid or even a random asteroid but if you look closely in the first scan and third panel, it has a round and perfect shape instead of the erratic texture and appearance of an asteroid, it seems to be orbiting the planet as well so it's obviously not a planetoid. So I remain by my argument that Hal can constantly withstand Superman's attacks, he has never quantifiably obliterated a moon with a blow and Hal has shrugged off just that.

He one shots a small moon without skipping a beat, has Hal ever withstood enough blunt force to split a moon? I don't think so. Saturn has 62 moons, however very few of them are round like this one, most are rocky and asymmetrical and, in fact, for a planetoid/moon to have a rounded shape it has to be at least 600 km according to Spaceanswers.com and there are only five such moons orbiting Saturn, the smallest being Tethys, which has a diameter of 616 miles, almost one third the size of our moon.

By "one-shots" you are implying he busted the moon to bits and thus overpowered/overwhelmed it's gravitational binding energy. That is not what happened. Clark simply bullrushed himself through it, and obliterated the rock he went through (enough rock to cover his body as he consistently bullrushes). It's not even like he punched someone through it in one punch, he destroyed each bit of rock as he went to it, then destroyed the next bit of rock, each bit only having enough volume to cover his body. I hope you understand why that is actually completely unimpressive and way below all your previous striking feats. Even if Superman had punched someone clean through it, I've shown Hal no-selling being blasted through a planet, and he would obviously go through more rock than that moon, given planets are generally way more massive than moons. Furthermore he didn't actually split in, he busted a lengthy hole in it but there's no viable evidence that the moon was broken in half.

The second that Superman gets slightly pissed and stop holding back completely he completely and utterly stomps Supergirl, dropping her to the ground and taking her out of the fight, keep in mind that he definitely wasn't going all out even at this point.

You are making this far too easy for me my friend. This misleads the voters and would have mislead me if I hadn't checked the issue you cited, in the next page you neglected to show she was perfectly fine with no remaining damage and was not "taken out of the fight." Laying her on her ass is cool but he didn't actually accomplish anything impressive. Superman drew blood from Supergirl and knocked her back a few feet, why is that supposed to impress me? By the same token, Supergirl drew blood from and knocked back Clark in the same issue issue, I could equally say she's treating Clark like a joke here, but we both know that's just faulty logic.

Then you scaled to a feat wherein Kara and Mon-El are stated to be adrenaline augmented and pushing themselves to the limit, Ergo, far beyond their normal limits and based on context a battle inapplicable to any other situation unless the circumstances are stated to be the same, which they weren't when Clark smacked her. The amount of damage she took from Mon-El's continent shaking blows drew blood and ragdolled her yet she took no remaining damage like she did against Superman, the same thing Clark did. I don't see how that's supposed to mean he strikes massively harder than blows that shake continents, if anything it means he only strikes that hard, and even, it's very questionable to scale from low-level damage like trying to draw blood, going by something like that can boost mid-tiers to high tiers.

One & Two: Superman is consistently shown casually plowing through Imperiex probes like nothing, and they are absolute tanks, a single probe easily no sold the combined efforts of Aquaman and an amped Wonder Woman. The only way she was able to damage it was by using the piercing aspect of her shield. (Adventures of Superman #594 & Action Comics Vol. 1 #781) Three & Four: Whilst slightly weakened Superman casually knocks out Mongul with a casual punch, keep in mind that Mongul can tank construct blows from Hal with no damage, and the only way Hal ended up hurting him was by using a piercing attack, and I'm sure that you know that Hal has decent striking power. (Superman: The Man of Steel #131) Five: With one colossal clothesline punch Superman one-shots Earthman, and at this point, Earthman had stolen the powers of all the Legion of Superheros, which includes Mon-Ell, and I've displayed his obscene physicality above. (Action Comics Vol. 1 #863)

1. The Imperiex probes only no-sold blunt force (i.e a punch) from Aquaman, Wonder Woman just bashed it with her energy axe if you look closely. I don't expect anything less from Clark than to punch massively harder than Aquaman. I wouldn't say Superman tore through that first probe on his own tho, in the previous page of #594 right before Clark tore through it, Doomsday had already damaged it with a punch. But I guess that's irrelevant as he busted a hole through it in the second feat, I digress.
  2. I assume you are referring to Superman taking exposure to Metallo's Kryptonite heart in the previous issue of the story arc in regards to Superman being weakened. Except in the issue where he fought Mongul, he had actually taken a quick flight out of Earth's atmosphere, and I've established how even seconds' worth of exposure to sunlight unfiltered by Earth's atmosphere does wonders to a Kryptonian. Clark actually stated how the tropical sun was refueling him as well. Both of these mitigating factors should clean Clark's system from any Kryptonite exposure and side effects. As for Superman casually knocking out Mongul, I disagree with you and I feel that's misleading. Mongul was running out of stamina, Superman took advantage of that and, when Mongul wasn't braced, knocked him to the sea with a haymaker. But that didn't actually damage Mongul, we see him later just fine with zero damage. Scaling to Hal is also sketchy in my opinion. Green Lanterns' depend on their often fluctuating willpower, mostly fluctuating depending on their situation, if they're in a tough spot, and multiple other factors, making any scaling to them iffy as hell.
  3. Clark didn't one-shot Earthman, the combined might of Superman and the Legion were beating the crap out of him. Clark's punch was just the final one to end it, but he was previously taking damage, Superman didn't just casually one-shot a fully unharmed Earthman and that's seriously missing context. Here is the whole fight for the voters' benefit. Regardless, an inquiry -- do Earthman's powers stack on top of each other? He seems to individually use each power and that lends more proof that he can't stack them up than otherwise, especially as there's no proof he stacks them as far as I know. If they don't, how exactly do you know Earthman was using Mon-El's powers when Clark took him down, and not someone else's?

I think it's important to note the only context-less, non overhyped showings here are creating a country-level explosion on the moon and tearing through an Imperiex Probe. I've shown Hal tanking significantly more blunt force damage than that. Everything else is either full of context or overhyped, with what we're left honestly not enough to deal a speck of damage to Hal. Although I know Superman has much better showings and I'm awaiting them.

Durability - Blunt Force

Once again, as I've already displayed Superman casually smashes through a surface level asteroid, overpowering it, but he doesn't just overpower it, he also completely absorbs and utterly no sells the force of it. Honestly, I don't think that Hal has ever hit with above surface level force before,

Again, I disagree with your interpretation/view of it. It is an extinction-level asteroid, it's impact will cause extinction but not because it is a surface wiper. That was never stated at all. It's other effects (earthquakes, tidal waves, dust clouds that block sunlight for decades) logically cause extinction, but there was nothing referring to it being surface wiping/busting. Like I said, I'm not sure how to look at the feat or how impressive it is. Regardless, I don't understand what you mean by absorbing and no-selling the force of it. Superman just gave it a punch, it broke apart. I know it looks like he flew through it, but there's no reason to punch it when he's already busting it by flying through it, I think he's just speeding toward it and leveling it with a punch.

Here Superman tanks a hit from First Knight's mace with no damage, and this mace was insanely powerful, it easily shattered a small moon-sized ship and then launched it's pieces thousands of miles away with a single stroke.

This seems like ABC logic incarnate, and this is being heavily oversold. Just because he was striking that hard there, doesn't mean he was striking that hard against Clark. Hector Hammond was going against the First Knight with a world-crusher weapon ship, First Knight needed to tear it down, so he made a huge bullrush at it, and unleashed a large energy discharge. With Superman he just smacked him upwards fairly casually with a seeming way lower energy discharge and force. I don't think he was hitting Superman nearly as hard, and even that laid him on his ass. Secondly, the feat would be half blunt force and energy durability, as The First Knight's mace destroyed the ship with both the energy discharge and mace smash at the same time, making the feat lessen as a blunt force durability feat. Thirdly, the moon honestly looked dozens of times larger than that ship based on the on-panel visual comparison between the two, and then there's the fact you're missing that the ship would be somewhat hollow (to fit in for all the occupants) whereas the moon is mostly consistent. And even this laid him on his ass and caused this facial expression. By the same token of Superman drawing blood and ragdolling Supergirl that you tried to twist as a one-shot or in general something impressive, the First Knight was treating him the same way as well given he did this with a simple smack, I don't see how this is a tank at all.

No Caption Provided

And whilst small moon level feats are all fine and dandy, Superman has many other and better Moon level feats, here is his most recent one:

Here Superman tanks an explosion generated from an extinction machine,

The extinction machines objectively did not generate any explosions whatsoever and I'm not sure where you got this crap from. The only reason those earthquakes were generated in the first place was because all of the world's fault lines became active, and as explained/implied by Cyborg essentially the fault lines only became active because of gravitational pulses emitted by the Extinction machines, then the fault lines caused earthquakes by becoming active, it is a chain reaction not an "explosion" or a single attack that caused major world-wide earthquakes, that's nonsense...scans taken from Justice League Vol. 3 #1 and #2.

Which brings me to my next point, the only thing Superman was supposed to "tank" right there was the heat and pressure of the inner core of Earth (the Extinction machines were planted deep inside Earth), and he was by no means durable enough to tank that. Based on Clark's own admission throughout Justice League Vol. 3 #3-5, the pressure was flat out squeezing his head, hell at one point he was barely conscious with almost no strength left. This is downright pitiful, the pressure at the Earth's inner core is 360 gigapascals at the high-end, or 26106 tons of force per inch, that is a mid tier feat and it was far too much for Superman, let that speak for itself.....they're 11 scans so here's a link instead.

You didn't post a feat for Superman, you posted a horrible anti-feat, far off the moon-level ballpark you suggested. If this is supposed to be a representative of Clark's durability then Hal is gonna smack him to hell and back.... Regardless, even if I were to pretend Superman tanked those "explosions" like you say, it was mentioned that the earthquakes were off and beyond the richter scale in Justice League Vol. 3 #4. No real upper limit for the richter scale actually exists. What I'm suggesting is, saying it's moon-level then linking to a calc is a disconnect from the writer's intentions especially when he thinks those earthquakes were off the richter scale (meaning he doesn't actually understand how the richter scale works), I'm pretty sure he doesn't think Superman is infinite nor were the earthquakes, the writer doesn't actually know this should be moon+ level or where it's at. I mean, the guy had Superman struggle so much with the pressure and heat at the inner core, do you seriously think he intended it as a moon+ level durability feat for Superman?

No Caption Provided

and keep in mind that just feeling an impact around the globe takes obscene amounts of force to accomplish here is the full calculation:

Did you just use a calculation from freaking Quora, a calc that has nothing to back it up? I've shown you the weak-ass Tsar Bomba causing over 5.0 Richter Scale Earthquakes over the world, and I have a few other sources to back that up if you wish to test the reliability of that, such as this. But the Tsar Bomba isn't going to be friggin' half moon-busting. I don't think Quora is particularly reliable. The Tsar Bomba spread earthquakes all over the world and they were only 5.0 Richter Scale Earthquakes, I sincerely doubt an Earthquake that goes from Tokyo to Los Angeles would be a 14 on the Richter Scale.

As you can clearly see Superman blitzes Doomsday into Bizarro's moon, causing it to explode, and we see that directly after the explosion Superman and Doomsday are fighting like nothing happened, so Superman can easily no-sell moon level attacks,

That moon from Bizarro world is actually made out of cheese, as weird and laughable as it is. At the start of the issue, Superman states "physics don't allow for a square planet. Not to mention the cheese. " once he entered Bizarro-world. The only possible item that might be made out of cheese in the scan is the moon, based on it's texture and overall look. Kind of like those square blocks of swiss cheese (I posted a scan if you somehow don't understand what I'm referring to). It's not exactly stated, but it's implied, and we don't need to be spoon-fed. I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to be said that exploding cheese isn't remotely as impressive or potent as exploding rock, I think that's quite obvious.

Regardless, explosions are distributed between concussive force (that obviously applies for blunt force durability feat) and energy. It's not like you are hit by the full force of the explosion either, given how wide the explosion is, granted the force that hits you still makes the feat impressive to a degree. It's a bit disingenuous to say Clark just completely no-sold a moon level blunt force attack when there are a few other factors at play here.

It's clear that Superman and Ulysses get hit by the full force of the explosion, then the blast launches them away from the planet, and then the explosion itself catches up to them and smashes them into asteroids/chunks of the destroyed planet.

While this feat is impressive, I do have a few problems with it. On the intention of those bubbles, you're saying that's supposed to be the intention they got by the full force of the explosion, but at best they imply that they got hit by some of the force of the explosion but there's nothing to indicate they got by all of it. Moreover you assume the intention of the bubbles is to indicate that force is there, which is nonsensical. Here are some other examples under Romita, obviously when Superman and Ulysses attacked each other in the fight and Superman attacked that monster they exerted a lot of force, yet those bubbles weren't there. I'm pretty sure those bubbles were just there to convey when an attack is particularly powerful. I agree that he was hit with a portion of the explosion tho, the first panel of the second scan makes that pretty clear.

Regardless, Clark wasn't just stunned by the explosion. He was helplessly launched back, was weirdly dangling in space, and had his eyes closed. Based on all those visual indications, it seems Superman got majorly damaged and significantly dazed. It's definitely not a tank, it took the hell out of him.

He had been held down by a holding system that was pumping him full of energy mimicking kryptonite, he was held in this system for a while when he was unconscious and then 14 pages even after he woke up, and then only 5 pages after he was freed the planet exploded, so he was undoubtedly weakened.

Except it was stated in your same scan that the energy is not a perfect replication of kryptonite radiation. It was hurting him apparently, but there's no proof it mimics the effects of Kryptonite to actually weaken him, even after the exposure to the energy. Even if it did, we have no idea to what extent, or how much it weakens him (but again, I can concede he wasn't at his absolute best). Regardless, Hal casually ragdolled and knocked out General Eiling in JSA #77 with a humanoid construct.

For the record, General Eiling is a JLA teambuster, he's tanked onslaughts from the League and blows from Clark himself, both of which are instances I can show, from JLA #26 and #37. I won't post scans right now, but you can check the issues if you want. Keep in mind Hal did this with pretty much no effort and with only a singular construct, the force he'll inflict will be much more with the construct army. And the first attack wasn't even a direct hit, it was the construct grabbing Eiling and flying him at high speeds. And he's also ragdolled Lobo in Green Lantern Vol. 4 #55, bloodying and visibly damaging him. Given Lobo has tanked being smacked across a solar system and blows from Superman, occasions you should know about yourself as you're a Lobo expert, I think you'll find this all the more impressive for Hal. Lastly for striking feats, he's one-shotted Mongul I during Green Lantern Vol. 3 #46. I know he was previously battering Mongul but the blows weren't having much of an effect as Mongul was Yellow colored and Hal's ring still had the Yellow Weakness, in contrast when he picked up a hammer and stroke Mongul with it he instantly downed him. The same Mongul who wasn't put down by Superman in Green Lantern Vol. 3 #53 until Kyle Rayner stepped in and took him down with a blunt force construct of his own.

I don't think Superman can handle these very well and when they disperse into explosions after they slam him as well as those pesky sharp constructs cut him down, he'll be put down promptly and quickly. Hal's damage output is almost unmatched in the high to herald level ballpark and Superman will be one of the first to withstand his attacks before getting taken out and KOed.

As you can clearly see Superman takes a barrage of hits from Hal, and is totally and utterly unaffected, he even overpowers Hal and brings him to a halt whilst asking him questions in the middle of the blitz, completely no selling the attack. And Superman was holding back, not bracing, and was literally just trying to ask Hal questions about what was happening, hell he was still recovering from the blasts that he voluntarily tanked from Hal moments earlier so that Batman could escape the area.

What is exactly is your definition no-sell? I'm not saying Hal dealt major damage with his blows there, but Superman was very clearly staggered and hurt, based on his posture and facial expression. I don't see how you can reach the conclusion that Clark no-sold the blitz. Regardless, the fight you chose to showcase an instance that had Hal speed-blitzing Superman, which pretty much ends any speed argument unless you're planning to cherry-pick Clark tanking being speed-blitzed by Hal then ignore the fact that Hal was speed-blitzing him. I'm not sure how Clark wasn't bracing, or recovering from Hal's blasts. There's no reason not to brace when someone is attacking you (and given how smart of a fighter Clark is I don't expect much less), and Clark had explicitly braced based on his posture against Hal's blasts earlier on in the same fight. And you said this "And he takes no damage, and he hardly even stunned, hell we even see him talking to Batman whilst being bombarded with energy blasts." later on, he would have no reason to recover from blasts he casually tanked like you presume. That's just <twisting of context> to suit whichever use you have for this example, furthermore "Clark no-selling the attack" is just complete biased interpretation, there are multiple indicatives of Hal clearly harming him you conveniently ignored, and then you proceeded to make up context.

Regardless, Hal was not at his most powerful nor at his peak, this is not representative of the Hal you're fighting here. He and his power ring were corrupted by another power. He was under an influence and mind-controlled, it wasn't his own willpower. Ergo, irrelevant. I'm tired of these out of context scans mate, and at the end of this section I'm going to have a doozy with the Cyborg Superman showing, but let's be patient till we get to it...

let's see what happens when Hal tries to put the hurt on Kal post-flashpoint:

Hal explicitly states that Hector Hammond's illusions do not inhibit Hal's ability to utilize his ring and his will. Personally, I'm going to take Hal's word over Superman's on this topic. So Hal was unaffected by the mind control and was accessing the full power of his will. Also, it just doesn't make logical sense, why would Hal's powers be dampened? Literally, all the Hector did was create the illusion in Hal's mind that Superman had been possessed by Parallax, and Hal responded of his own volition using his own willpower to create his own attacks. So this showing is 100% valid and certainly isn't debunked by a vague statement from Superman.

What the hell are you talking about? Superman never even said the ring inhibits Hal's ability to utilize his ring, it's really fking obvious he was capable of doing that seeing as he was bombarding Clark with construct attacks, we ultimately did not need that statement from Hal to confirm anything and I don't see your point here, all Clark implied was the influence would affect his willpower. On Hal's willpower being dampened by that illusion and that not making sense -- maybe because he thought the goddamn fear entity possessed one of his close friends and the implications of what would happen? Perhaps, just perhaps, because the embodiment of fear that haunted him for years (something anyone who read Green Lantern: Rebirth should know....) is back and possessing his friend? I don't understand why in the hell you are going against the writer's clear intentions and a statement he specifically put in as though he doesn't believe Superman can just manhandle Hal like what you're trying to sell....

No Caption Provided

If anything this example actually hurts your case more than anything else. Post Flashpoint Hal's constructs aren't as powerful as the Post Crisis by any degree, or in general impressive. The best they've done so far is harm and ragdoll a two sun amped Zod, and even when Hal wasn't <nearly> as powerful due to the illusion/influence he was more than capable of ragdolling and laying Superman on his ass, even if it wasn't going to be enough to take him out. Hell, Hal put Superman in a chain restraint construct and laid him on the ground like nothing. Given Rebirth Superman is essentially both N52 Superman and Post-Crisis Superman this is seriously hurting your case, moreover Hal's construct block actually no-sold a heat vision blast completely with no damage, making your upcoming heat vision argument next to useless...

If we want to take a direct example between the character's, Justice League Vol. 2 #2 should suffice for my case proven by Hal ragdolling and bloodying Superman with a casual construct slam to the face. I do realize Superman was overall stomping Hal and breaking his constructs, but the fact remains his blunt constructs still packed that much force behind them even when he was a rookie lacking concentration, willpower and experience. I mean this is the same Hal Jordan who got his ring stolen by Batman just due to sheer lack of concentration in the previous issue....the fact that you can't use this instance to say Superman stomps Hal given all the mitigating circumstances yet I can use it to say a very rookie Hal Jordan massively weaker than current can harm Superman without much effort should show how supportive this is of my case...

To sum it up this means that Superman tanked at least 7 hits from Henshaw that were>>>>a hit that one shot Guy Gardner.

Yeah...this is the showing I have the biggest issue with in your entire post. First you state Clark tanked a huge blitz and 7 construct enhanced blows from Henshaw, for starters he was never blitzed and that's misleading, all Henshaw did was ram him at high speeds, he never hit him, he never punched him with his fists, he just took him at high speeds and as someone who's read all of Henshaw's appearances I can tell you he never used these bullrushes (not "blitz") to knockout or cause great harm on anyone of note whatsoever. Then you say he tanked the seven shots from Henshaw, when that's just completely biased interpretation, he was getting ragdolled and beaten the crap out of him like a readheaded step-child, I mean are we going to act Henshaw's previous six blows were tanked then the other magically knocked out Superman?. The writer's intentions were pretty clear that Henshaw was shitting on him. It could even be argued Cyborg Superman was holding back to a degree giving how he was egging Clark on killing him, y'know, the one thing he most wants, to die as he's cursed with his immortality? Your other argument hinges on a <continuity error> crossovers often have errors between each comic, it's obviously best to go by the original source instead of taking other moments that directly contradict it, continuity errors, canonically speaking Henshaw smacked Clark to hell and back. Even if I were to assume Clark wasn't KOed after that seventh shot to the statue. Henshaw's victory over Superman was seen still right at that statue if you look at the final scan of the fight, so even if Clark took the hit Henshaw then ended it quickly and likely one-shotted him with a final serious attack. As far as I'm concerned, Henshaw almost killed Superman, I mean did you just literally try to pass this off as durability?

No Caption Provided

he took dozens and dozens of blows from Hal before he was KOed:

No he didn't, fair enough for the first half, although he only took sixth blows there, but again in the scans you neglected to show, which in all honesty you took out of context in a very convenient way, Hal and Guy removed their power rings and had it "mano a mano." voters please look at these scans, this is the reason you would see Hal and Guy fighting in close quarters combat and switching to fking fighting skills, they had normal human level durability and striking power...

Durability - Energy

Here, to the great surprise of Jochi, Superman gets hit with a continent busting laser and survives, but he doesn't just survive, he completely no sells the blast, it doesn't even cause him pain or ragdoll him at all. So to damage Superman Hal better be blasting way above continent level, maybe planetoid/small moon level?

It didn't cause him pain or ragdoll but it's pretty clear that it stopped him dead in it's tracks. Not that that was continent busting like you conveniently incorrectly worded and missed that small detail, your scan in itself states it could crack a continent without me needing to check the issue or anything, a far cry from actually obliterating it. The width and deepness of the crack is vague in itself, depending on that I highly doubt this laser can level even a small continent, like Australia, forget outright continent busting.

No Caption Provided

In this instance Superman gets hit by the explosion of War World, a Pluto-sized battle station, and he treats it like nothing, he doesn't emit any noise from being hit by the force of the blasts, nor is he stunned or slowed even for a second, ie. he no sells it

While this may seem impressive, I don't agree that Superman was hit by the full force of the explosion, or even most of it. The planet was going to self-destruct, the moment when Superman was flying out of the battle station he had two seconds left. And I'm pretty sure Superman is fast enough to get out of a Pluto-sized World's range in 2 seconds. A portion of the explosion (probably those energy beams extending out of the explosion) obviously hit him as he was launched back, but I doubt it would be a significant portion of the explosion.

I already showed this in the blunt force durability section, but it also applies to energy durability, as withstanding explosions requires both blunt force and energy durability. Anyway, here Superman no sells a straight up moon level explosion that he himself caused,

Yeah, I've went over this. That moon is actually made out of cheese, and exploding cheese isn't nearly as effective or impressive as exploding rock given obvious reasons, lessening the impressiveness of the feat by a large degree. This isn't close to actual moon-level attacks.

I've already shown that a weakened Supes can tank planet level explosions, but this is how a fully powered Clark handles them. Whilst in mid-conversation the planet under Superman explodes, and when we see him flying away from the remnants of the explosion a page later he is totally unharmed, with absolutely no damage at all, he just looks sad. So unless Hal's energy projection is well beyond planetary I really just don't see him damaging Superman easily at all. And this is actually represented in their clashes:

I don't think the explosion actually caught him, again, at least not all of it. The presentation of the showing is vague and clear; it could either be interpreted as a travel speed feat of escaping right the moment before the explosion erupts or a durability feat of no-selling it. But it's more like escaping the explosion after the tear/crack erupted. We only actually see the planet explode in that ball of light in the same panel we see Superman flown safely away. To me at least, it seems like when the crack erupted and the planetary explosion was just about to start, Superman had flown away, outpacing the explosion. What I will say is, Clark seemed to fly through and no-sell the shockwave, but not the actual planetary explosion. Regardless, how about I throw few impressive energy projection showings for Hal?

=============================================================================================================================

Hal stalemated Despero in a battle of energy projection with his third eye in JLA #119. The only reason he seemed to be on the losing end (as you might say given all the sweat) was because of Despero trying to mind-control him into becoming one of his minions while, based on his dialogue, egging him to make it easier for influencing him with telepathy, so his energy projection here was way weaker than normal, yet he still stalemated Despero. For the record, Despero one-shotted Guy Gardner with his eye beams during Justice League America #39.

No Caption Provided

He also blasted through Superboy Prime in Infinite Crisis #7. Popular to contrary belief, tanking galaxy-level explosions isn't consistent for Prime and Hal is of course nowhere near that level, but Prime is still durable enough to no-sell 17 blasts from Elite Green Lanterns literally moments prior, in Green Lantern Vol. 4 #25 tanked energy blasts from Guardians, and even most impressively tanked repeated energy blasts from Ion Sodam Yat in Green Lantern Corps Vol. 2 #18, who in issue #16 created a half planet sized ball of energy, thus destroying the Ranx machine planet.

No Caption Provided

Finally, in Action Comics #630 Hal cleaved clean through Captain Atom's blast and surprised him with his damage output. Fact that he didn't just slowly overpower him, but cleaved through his blast like nothing and hurt/ragdolled him with so much force he was legitimately surprised "Wow--He--I never knew--ouch. I've been underestimating GL's power." shows how impressive Hal's damage output is. Same Captain Atom who stunned and hurt Mr. Majestic with one blast, one-shotted Martian Manhunter, and tore apart OMACs.

And these aren't even Hal's best showings yet, I'm saving those for later. But just this, makes it pretty hard for me to believe Superman can tank Hal's energy projection, even without getting into Hal's higher end showings. Hal's damage output track-record is more consistent and impressive than most high tier and herald level characters (excluding Silver Surfer and Kyle Rayner types, who obviously dwarf him in power output) and I have much more in store. Regardless, this should be enough to go on for now.

=============================================================================================================================

So obviously Superman can tank blasts from any version of Hal in this CaV with no substantial damage.

I'm not going to go over those two fights again as that would be by and large worthless given I've already spent time covering it, however I still feel saying Clark tanked those Post-Crisis blasts is just wrong. He was bracing good enough to not even be moved by the blast but it's undeniable he was in agony proven by his facial expressions, the fact he was constantly screaming out in pain, talking in ellipsis and having his speech bubbles fizzling about. This doesn't support your case, again it hurts your case, Hal not at his speak managed to agonize Superman with his energy blasts. I'm pretty sure the peak Hal Jordan in this CaV will get way more of an effect out of Clark.

And Superman also tanks other enormously powerful energy attacks from other beings, such as Breach:

You say Martians have tanked impressive energy-based attacks before to make this impressive, but I've saw your argument for that and it relies on faulty ABC logic that I heavily disagree with, assuming it's what you were planning on using here. Basically your argument relies on the assumption that somehow Martians = White Martians with no proof backing it up, then referencing Martian Manhunter stomping White Martins as well to show he's clearly superior to them, and finally showing White Martians tanking a lethal blast from Kyle Rayner in JLA #56. The issue here that I actually pointed out earlier is that you're assuming just because J'onn has striking power and speed to speed-blitz and one-shot White Martians, he is automatically superior in every other single category, as though J'onn's striking power and speed makes him way superior to White Martians in energy durability as well, which makes zero sense. Just because you are superior in few categories to an opponent, doesn't mean you're better in everything. I mean, I can bring up Hal blasting through Superboy then scale that to Prime one-shotting a barrier Earth 2 Superman couldn't for hours, but it's pretty obvious energy projection overwhelming durability doesn't equate having better striking power than an opponent, right? Furthermore, Kyle actually one-shotted a few White Martians with his energy blasts in JLA #1.

Given that the above is literally the White Martians' first ever appearance and conception in any fictional publication, their first every story arc, written by their creator Grant Morrison, I would take Morrison's word if the White Martians can actually tank Kyle's blasts or not over whichever random writer wrote your showing. Oh, except, the White Martians didn't tank those blasts. Their flesh was actually burned out with only blood remaining if you look closely. I'm pretty sure the only reason they were conscious was because of healing factor and regeneration.

No Caption Provided

Here we see Superman tanking blasts from Preus, and he was massively, massively weakened in this instance, bullets caused him pain, he couldn't fly, and he was even having a heart attack at the time. And keep in mind that Preus's blasts KOed MMH for three issues straight.

Yes, bullets were stinging him and missiles not only hurting him, but laying him out of the air. I guess your logic is he was THAT weakened, hell his blunt force durability was bad enough that bullets hurt him, yet his energy durability is still top notch. But when missiles hurt this same weakened Superman, it makes me seriously question this showing. Regardless, I guess that is irrelevant since Clark tanked Breach's blasts pretty easily. But you pointed this out so I had to address it nonetheless.

Keep in mind that in the same year that this comic was released Kyle's shields blocked a planetary blast without a scratch, and he no-sold a planetary explosion in the same issue. And obviously, an explosion would release all the power it contains, so the blast that Superman should be massively more powerful than the one that decimated Kyle and his shields.

What the hell are you talking about? In the scans you posted yourself Kyle's shields were no-selling the blasts for several pages with ZERO damage, they only ever broke in the fourth scan you showed, The Imperiex Probe bullrushed and shattered the construct with an energy amped punch, and obviously the energy of it doesn't contribute much given how it was previously no-sold. This is a feat for how their physical blows, not their energy attacks.

No Caption Provided

Outside of that, c'mon man. Kyle's shields have no-sold planet busting energy blasts as their standard casual level with on the high end no-selling half solar system busting cosmic energy waves, supernovas, and other star to singularity level feats, he is consistently a high-herald level character and this feat of Clark's would reach into the teambuster ranges. To say Superman tanks explosions way more powerful than blasts that one-shotted those same shields seems pretty disingenuous to me. I can highball in similar ways as well, you don't want to see me use Hal one-shotting Krona, do you?

Speed

Credit to @krleavenger for some of the speedster info I got from him here.

After Jochi shoots a city busting laser Superman flies down and intercepts it before it hits the Earth. Keep in mind that he shot this blast from Warworld which, as I've already shown, was at Moon level. This means that the laser would've had to be moving at relativistic speeds at least to reach earth in such a short time frame, yet Superman outpaced it. This should put him roughly at LS.

Yes, Superman outpaced it. Literally all he did was speed toward the blast to intercept it in a straight line, then twist his body around to change direction and speed toward the laser. I guess you could say twisting his body around is combat speed, but it's really not. It is lightspeed reaction for sure, but twisting your body once, just once doesn't mean you can constantly and consistently make tons of complex combat-related actions at that speed, i.e, actual combat speed. Regardless, if you want travel speed I can show you Hal travelling hundreds of times faster than light, crossing galaxies, crossing whole space sectors (which contain millions of galaxies), on reaction time at this point I've established Hal at the FTL-MFTL ranges due to his fight with Sinestro, definitely more toward MFTL proven by the fact light is roughly Mach 874030 whilst Hal's feat is around Mach 92642846 and that's me legitimately lowballing it. At this point I think reaction time feats aren't really needed if you get my meaning especially with fast high tiers, and Hal's feat is already massively better than lightspeed. I'll just stick to the combat speed feats from now on because this post is already huge, unless any reaction feats I find are overly impressive.

One: Superman blitzes through a barrage of Vorx's energy blasts, avoiding and outpacing them. (Superman: The Man of Steel #113) Two & Three: Long after a Vorx energy blaster has been shot Superman rushes in and intercepts the blast before it reaches its target, cementing him as much faster than the blast. (The Adventures of Superman #591)

What makes these feats so impressive is the fact that Vorx's beta ray blasts move at near light speed, so Superman outpacing them by such a large margin should put him at LS at the bare minimum.

Again, in both of these Superman is just speeding toward the blasts. There's no combat speed here. He's not reacting to anything here either, it's a showing of his perception in the second one to see the blasts and speed towards (travel speed) the blast, but he's not dodging, weaving, deflecting, or doing anything related to reaction time.

His Omega beams outpace Lightray who would obviously be moving at top speed to escape them, and Lightray, as you may have guessed, is a casual light speedster, with a number of FTL, and even MFTL feats when pushing himself.

Here the Omega beams stay neck and neck with Barry and Wally even when they are going at superluminal speeds, an objectively FTL feat. Also a great perception feat for Superman. Omega beams are FTL, period full stop.

Hal has to nearly breach the speed force barrier to get in front of the Omega beams, while they were moving at hyperspace level speeds, which allows the Green Lanterns to traverse the universe. So Omega Beams in Post Flashpoint should be MFTL. And while you may argue "these Omega Beams were far more powerful than Darkseid's Omega Beams, so they can't be scaled together. However this makes no sense considering the fact that they are both made of the same energy, and the amount of power doesn't affect the speed of a type of energy. Just look at Thor, for example, his lightning is trillions upon trillions of times more powerful than regular lightning, yet it still moves at the same speed as an average bolt. Or take Lightray as an example, his light blasts are powerful enough to simulate supernovas and create stars, yet they still only move at light speed. So the Omega blasts that Superman reacted to should be just as fast as the MFTL ones that chased Hal here. And while it may seem ironic that I am claiming that Superman>Hal in speed and yet Superman couldn't outpace the beams and Hal could, Superman was using reaction, movement, and perception speed, whereas in these scans Hal was using travel and perception, so Superman's feat in a combat context is far more impressive.

• I'm not sure why you think Lightray was trying to escape them. As far as he was aware, the omega beams were targeting Orion. He wasn't looking when they changed direction and targeted him instead. Especially evident by the fact that he just suddenly stopped mid-air dead in his tracks screaming "Eve!" he just noticed and they were extremely close to him. The only thing he was doing there is getting Eve far from the battlefield. There's no proof he was actually going FTL-MFTL tho. And what are Lightray's FTL showings like (I don't even need scans, just issue citations please)? I would be interested to see if he's only that fast in space due to pretty obvious reasons, needs a lot of momentum and time to reach those speeds, or if there any other number of factors.
  • You should stop with the "objectively" and "fact of the matter." statements. Things like these are pretty subjective, showing confidence is good but saying shit like "it's just the fact of the matter." or whatever might annoy your opponent. Case in point, I don't believe this makes the omega beams faster than light. Barry and Wally only reached superluminal velocity/FTL speed at the very end, same with Omega Beams. So the beams needed a lot of momentum and time to eventually, steadily reach FTL speeds, it's not like they were instantly FTL, whilst Hal casually generated such speeds against Sinestro. Before that, they were staying neck and neck with the Flashes only as they were moving below lightspeed ("at lightspeed time stops, flash fact. We're approaching a never ending instant.") Meanwhile, against Clark, the omega beams didn't get the chance to accelerate to FTL speeds. At best, the omega beams were moving at below lightspeed, at exactly what speed is unknown tho. Or, maybe even the omega beams only change speed depending on how fast their target is moving and wait till he tires out or anything like that, then tag him. At least, that would make sense with how they change their speeds like that. Regardless, how the hell were the Omega Beams staying neck and neck with Barry and Wally? Flashes were very clearly outrunning them by solid margin even BEFORE reaching FTL/superluminal velocity, they could have even moved at below lightspeed before they reached superluminal velocity, making it questionable if the omega beams even reached FTL speeds in the first place as they were outsped in both cases of below lightspeed and FTL. That's why the omega beams couldn't tag them, they were OUTRUNNING THEM. And this is actually quantifiable showing for Omega Beams, making it way more valid than "outpaced Lightray therefore MFTL" kind of questionable ABC scaling, and showing that they're arguably below lightspeed.
  • Post-Flashpoint Superman Omega Beam feat --
  1. Hal didn't "nearly breach the speed force barrier." The scan states there is possibility of speed force singularity. Not even that Hal is gonna come close to tapping into the speed force, not that it's very likely for him to break the barrier and tap into the speedforce or whatever you're trying to sell, no, just that there is a possibility of such. We don't even know if it was a possibility out of 10, out of a hundred, or even thousand possibilities. It was very carefully worded. He just might perhaps potentially reach the necessary velocity.
  2. There is a MASSIVE inconsistency here. In the same fight you posted for Superman evading the omega beams for a while, during Justice League Vol. 2 #5, Barry outpaced the omega beams while Clark explicitly failed to, and guess what? Barry did NOT tap into the speedforce or anything close to that while he was outpacing them, yet you say Hal needed to nearly breach the speedforce barrier to outpace them. Don't you see a problem here? It doesn't help that that Barry was younger and slower Barry who had no idea about speedforce. That's a pretty huge contradiction.
  3. You are scaling from different eras. In New 52, you just get connected and then tap into speedforce, in Post-Crisis/Rebirth you breach it by speeds far surpassing light. Comparing Clark evading them in New 52 to Hal almost breaching the speedforce barrier in Rebirth is pretty faulty.
  4. Besides, I'm certain those aren't the same energies. I'm not denying that they are omega beams, but I'm pretty sure they are different forms of omega beams, or at least composed of a few different energies. I mean, Darkseid's are red heat beams, in contrast the Nth Golems' omega beams were a purplish color. I know it might sound stupid to say they are different energies just because they look different, but, I mean, they do. Hell, all the Nth Metal Golems looked like they have different energies each if you look at this scan from Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #27. I don't think you can scale different energies and say they are of the same speed.
  5. Regardless, Omega Beams in Post-Flashpoint are either inconsistent in their speed, or Darkseid can control their speed. Alan Scott reacted to and blocked them, Wonder Woman deflected them twice, Earth 2 Powergirl escaped them, Hell-Bat Batman reacted to and absorbed them into the Chaos Crystal as you can see in this album from Earth 2: World's End #26, Justice League Vol. 2 #6, Wonder Woman Vol. 5 #45, Earth 2: World's End #26, and Batman and Robin Vol. 2 #37. I wouldn't be comfortable in calling any of these characters FTL just because they reacted to the Omega Beams, especially as the Omega Beams have tagged a few of the same characters who reacted to them in the exact same story arcs, further supporting the idea that the Omega Beams' speed differs.

There is way too many ABC scalings, scalings from different eras (New 52 to Post-Crisis, when Post-Crisis pretty much contradicted/retconned a lot of info about New 52 back to Post-Crisis, including shit like tapping into speedforce that is directly relevant to your Hal almost breached speedforce barrier example), inconsistencies, contradictions from the instances you show for Superman yourself, and questionable claims here for me and the voters to believe Omega Beams are even lightspeed with certainty, even less FTL, even less Superman being FTL due to evading them. I have 5 issues with Post-Flashpoint Omega Beam showings alone.

In this race Superman and Flash start out by running at only 2000 miles per second, but they gradually build speed (I left a few scans out between scan 2 and 3 so I could upload it to CV without crashing my computer) until they are running faster than Superman's HV, which is LS and Superman then goes on to tag Wally. And racing on foot at FTL speeds automatically entails FTL reaction/perception speed or else you would be smashing into everything, in fact, it also requires FTL combat speed since you need to move your limbs to generate and speed.

Wally outpaced the heat vision, Superman didn't, and I'm not sure where in the hell you're getting this interpretation from. This is the only page Superman ever fired heat vision and he didn't outpace jack shit, in fact he was moving behind it, the only person who saw the heat vision coming towards him is Wally and then he changed his speed to evade it, Clark never outpaced his own heat vision and that wouldn't even make any sense for him to fire his heat vision then outpace it himself, what is the purpose then? Unless you're saying Wally moved faster than the heat vision and then Clark kept up with and tagged him thereby making this an FTL feat (I guess you said that, but you also said "until they are running faster then Superman's HV." before "and Superman then goes on to tag Wally.") ? I see where you're going but there's no proof Wally actually kept up that FTL speed after he outpaced the heat vision, I mean why would you needlessly keep up that speed when your opponent is only just at two thousand miles per second and you're already moving faster than that quite casually? Point is, the only time he moved FTL was when he needed to, to evade heat vision, neither he or Superman needed to go beyond lightspeed to strain themselves when Wally is visibly faster than him already...furthermore you say they gradually build up speed, I've shown Hal crossing the distance from the moon to Jupiter in what seemed to be less than a minute. He's pretty casually in the FTL-MFTL ranges, so what he will <gradually> reach to should be higher than Superman. If Clark is only gradually FTL that's a problem for him, making this example hurt your case.

Regardless, you missed the fact that Superman was racing him on foot, not with his flight mate. You aren't keeping up here, neither Clark nor Hal fight on foot, both are mobile air fighters and you realize this. This speed feat is effectively irrelevant to me in regards to combat speed, I want to his actual combat flight speed. That said, I'm not sure how moving your limbs for running translates to combat speed, it's like saying the fastest human footspeed (27.8 mph) or Cap outracing bullets makes them at those actual speeds during combat, which is a bit nonsensical to say the least. I do agree it partially pertains to combat speed though.

Well, when he and Wonder Woman were fighting at FTL speeds to the sun HV was fast enough to tag her even when they were moving at those speeds:

Heat vision isn't consistently lightspeed like you're selling. I'm not of the camp who believe HV is only bullet speed either but when Batman dodges heat vision thrice in Superman/Batman #31, Superman/Batman Annual #3 and Teen Titans Vol. 3 #50 respectively, and then freaking Deathstroke seemingly perceives and sees heat vision in slow motion looking at your own damned scans, it becomes extremely questionable if it's lightspeed either...

Superman outpaces his own heat vision after he fired it at Deathstroke and saves/KOs Deathstroke all while moving at faster than light speeds. Keep in mind that the blast was inches away from Deathstroke's face and Superman was many many feet away before he started flying. So he would have to move significantly faster than light to perform this feat.

Mate, again, in your own damned scans freaking Deathstroke is clearly perceiving heat vision perhaps even in slow-motion, making this instance extremely questionable in itself, so you're going to have to check on the consistency of that with me. I don't see how that applies to either reaction time or combat speed though, all Clark does is speed towards and knock/one-shot Deathstroke, I don't see all the supposed combat related movements you're talking about.

No Caption Provided

In this instance Superman and Jay Garrick race to catch Wally, who is being controlled by Abra Kadabra, the fight goes back and forth, until finally, Superman pulls ahead, right at the final moment, Jay is just behind and realizes that he's going to lose, so he steals Superman's speed to take Clark out of the running. And Jay actually has FTL feats, so showing superior speed to him is very impressive. Keep in mind Superman did this on foot, not whilst flying, which increases his speed significantly.

What? There is absolutely no indication Superman was going any faster than Jay and that Jay is losing. You say it's because last minute Superman seemed to pull ahead, but that would make no sense, I mean several times in the race both were pulled ahead, like Jay was originally moving faster, then Clark pulled ahead, next Jay again pulled ahead, finally Clark did so. The last two panels actually make it somewhat clear they are evenly matched in speed, first you could say Superman hand's is reaching further, but if you look closely Jay's hand actually reached further closer and was basically a few centimeters off of Clark's level, but for god's sake, since when were a few centimeters or inches or whatever actually relevant?

Why does Jay stealing Superman's speed mean he was on a losing end? He had a card that would automatically mean he'll win, that means he shouldn't take any risks, why not use it when he gets the chance instead of needlessly taking unnecessarily risks? This seems like pure speculative, biased interpretation instead of actually taking in the facts and arriving to a conclusion through that...if anything, you could argue Jay LET Superman pull ahead in the final moment as a feint to then tag him and speed-steal.

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, if anything this proves Jay is <faster> than Clark not equal. Superman pretty much has infinite stamina whereas Jay's stamina is god awful, mainly due to his age. The fact that Jay's tendons were literally tearing apart in Infinite Crisis #4 while speed-blitzing (along with Bart and Wally) Superboy Prime whilst approaching lightspeed and beyond should be proof enough that Superman has infinitely superior stamina, and as their race went on Jay's stamina went down and he constantly got slower, yet he was still matching Superman in speed for all intents and purposes. In fact, approaching lightspeed tearing his tendons should also be proof enough that Jay wasn't even coming close to lightspeed in your scans, let alone FTL like you tried to imply by saying Jay has FTL feats. If you're wondering why they weren't going faster than light with Prime, you can't tap into speedforce until you go FTL, and with Prime, they weren't about to do it until Jay fell down, and even then, his tendons were tearing apart. Another example wouldn't hurt my case, like, say JSA #20 wherein it's made quite clear by Jay's own admission that he can't reach superluminal speed, he just can't, and then referring to Wally West as the only speedster who can.

I mean, the above issues are written by Geoff Johns, a well known Superman and Flash writer. Hell, he actually wrote the issue you cited against Jay (DC First: Superman/Flash). Given his views on Jay's speed above, the fact that he wrote your showing, and that he's one of the most famous Superman and Flash writers, makes me take his word and intentions of the showing rather than whichever random FTL feat you dig up for Jay and then scale to. Jay only has FTL reflexes, not actual combat speed. Finally, I'd like to touch on the subject of running speed =/= combat flight speed. You did say flight increases his speed by far but I would like to see actual definitive proof that his combat fight speed is way superior to his running speed, you can't expect me to just take your word for it.

This showing actually hurts your case, even tho Clark had the advantage of infinitely better stamina he was being matched by a below lightspeed-level character....

One: She blocks several blasts of HV from Clark at rapid speeds, a solidly LS+ feat. (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219) Two & Three: Here while Clark was flying her to the sun and choking her she showed FTL+ combat speed by grabbing his face and then using her speed and skill to break his grip by attacking his neck with a push. (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219) Four & Five: Here long after Darkseid shoots his Omega Beams Wonder Woman rushes in and intercepts them, and since Omega Beams are solidly FTL, this is a solidly FTL feat.

Wait a second, wait a second here...so Diana managing to react to and keep up with Clark speedwise while travelling to the sun, as well as rushing in and intercepting omega beams Superman supposedly wasn't capable of reacting to based on the fact he didn't react or move at all once the omega beams were fired and the writer specifically had Diana save him from the beams are great feats for her that show how impressive Superman speed blitzing her is? Do you realize how much of circular logic this is? You literally just debunked your own argument for me by posting Wonder Woman keeping up with and even out-reacting Superman (no matter that you didn't mention she out-reacted him, when she did anyway)...in the issue you cited here (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #219) she was consistently keeping up with Superman, a bloodlusted Superman who was seeing her as Doomsday as mentioned earlier no less, here is the full fight (after the punch that sent her to Earth from the Sun) that you cited and she was keeping up with him just fine....I'm not denying he was physically overwhelming her but in this fight you cited as a nice speed feat of keeping up with Superman, the gap between her and Superman wasn't big as advertised.

I don't think Hal has every actually matched a Barry level being in speed before, especially not one who was operating to the best of their abilities, maybe he's tagged them, but this is a different kind of speed altogether. This should be enough speed feats for now.

Yeah...this feat is taken out of context in a very convenient way. People might be fooled by the scans you specifically showed, but in the scans you neglected to whether deliberately or not, in fact just the previous page from The Flash Vol. 5 #33, Barry states that "Superman and I have raced many times.....but today I need him to win." he <let> Clark win and it's written as clear as day. When Barry isn't letting Superman win, he's instead casually outpacing a max effort (Barry and Wally were looping around the world and emitting speedforce energies thus causing havoc IIRC, so Superman was trying to catch up and stop them) Superman using everything he has and then completely leaving him in the dust during The Flash Vol. 5 #49...

He wasn't even using his combat speed at all, he was using his flight speed at it's absolute fullest to even talk to Barry and Wally, and then he just lost strength and by his own admission, he couldn't catch up to them, they were moving too fast. Meanwhile, they were casually having a conversation and casually leaving him in the dust. Trying to insinuate Superman is Barry Allen-level in speed wasn't a smart play. Regardless of all of this, Hal casually intercepted and caught Hunter Zolomon in Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Special with a chain construct. Zolomon was moving at speeds enough to blitz the crap out of Wonder Woman and Superman himself, yet Hal caught him. I'm well aware that Hal sneak attacked him, Zolomon was in no position to react. However, that's not really the point, I'm not saying Hal caught him despite his reaction time, but despite his combat speed that was quantifiably enough to speed-blitz Superman in this specific instance, thereby making Hal faster based on on-panel comparison from Geoff Johns, who is one of the most famous Superman and Hal Jordan writers, writing tons of comics and famous story arcs for each.

Honestly, based on what you showed I haven't seen a convincing case for Clark being faster-than-light. He seems to have relativistic combat speed with lightspeed reactions, at least based on what you've shown thus far, that being mostly out of context scans and ABC scaling. I believe I've already made my case but for more reference on Hal's speed, this is the same person who reacted to Martian Manhunter's light based eye beams and maneuvered himself through interplanetary distances to intercept Kyle Rayner, crossing a dozen planets and moons, a clear-cut showing of FTL reflexes. (Martian Manhunter Vol. 3 #5 and Green Lantern: New Guardians #24):

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oof.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes plz

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@lanternbatman: Man, that was a good read. I'm looking forward to panther's response tho

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thedailybagel  Moderator

T4v

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after every post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v pls

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this dead?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: From my side personally, I’m not sure how proficiently I can debate Hal anymore. He might just be way too overreliant on scaling, scaling, and scaling for me. But if BPIB wants to continue, I don’t want to disappoint him either.....