Challenge A Viner: Data (Fetts) vs Taskmaster (Floopay)

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Ladies and gentlemen we have a kickass matchup today that's guaranteed to bring an interesting debate. It's a fight between two calculating, copycat badasses: Data (debated by yours truly) vs Taskmaster (backed up by the one and only @Floopay:). 

Rules: 
-Morals on. 
-No prep. 
-Data is armed with a phaser rifle. Taskmaster is armed with his energy gauntlet, a sword, and dual pistols. 
-Victory is won by any means necessary. 
-Neither character knows what the other is capable of or what he is capable of. 
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
 Data will start at the loading dock. Taskmaster will start at the gas station. 

No Caption Provided

vs 
No Caption Provided

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay: Does the OP look good to you? I wasn't sure if you wanted any other equipment because you only mentioned the energy gauntlet.

Ok. I guess I will start. 

For those who aren't too knowledgeable on Data, here is my very own respect thread for him. Feel free to check it out and comment! 

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/fetts/the-ultimate-lt-commander-data-respect-thread/87-87237/

Data will make his way towards the office building. He will quickly set up a position and blockades of desks and whatnot covering each exit (there are two just so you know) with his super speed and strength. 

Just so readers know, this isn't the most impressive strength feat Data has to offer. 

These videos should prove that Data has the speed and strength necessary to set up a secure blockade at both exits quickly. This way, Taskmaster will be forced to to break through the blockade, nullifying any chance he might of had for a surprise attack. 

It'd also be harder to get to Data with Data's super hearing. Data has heard sounds that were perfectly silent to the viewers before. I've recently discovered an impressive hearing feat for Data in TNG: Genesis, where he could hear hundreds of different animal noises all throughout the ship. So if Taskmaster decides to get close to the building and if his stealth isn't good enough, Data could very well hear his feet crunching the snow. Taskmaster may try to get in through a window, but that'd probably cause noise that Data would hear. 

So Data does have the advantage of good cover, and knowing where his opponent is when he's close by. This could setup a perfect opportunity to ambush Taskmaster at a decently close range with the phaser rifle and take him out for the count. That is if Taskmaster is outside. If he goes inside, Data can ambush him in close combat. 

Let us break down what would happen in close combat. With Data already having the initiative, Taskmaster would already be fairly wounded. Again Data has super strength, which I would rank to be in the 2-4 ton range. Data's greatest strength feat is stopping a taxi cab (which would weigh a ton or two) at full speed (roughly 160 mph). 

Skip to 1:30 

Listen to what Riker says. The bar has a tensile strength of 40 kilobars. That's more tensile strength than a diamond or kevlar. And Data bends it with relative ease. Wanna know how much tensile strength a bone has? About 1 kilobar. It's probably a bit more when coupled with muscle and all but still. It should be pretty be easy for Data to mess Taskmaster up, given that Taskmaster has no superhuman durability that I'm aware of. 

A key factor in Data's fighting ability is the fact that he sees in slow motion. Data perceives things so slowly, he can read entire detailed pages in seconds. 

In fact, because of this, he even has FTL reflexes. Not exaggerating there. Read the respect thread.  

This should also help him counter any unexpected surprises the energy gauntlet might bring. 

And Data should have the ability to keep up with Tasky in terms of skill, due to his copycat abilities. While Taskmaster has studied other heroes and has copied their moves, Data's copycat abilities are vastly superior, because he can do it on the spur of the moment and can copy said movements with a perfect precision. So if Taskmaster tries to pull a Captain America punch, Data can copy that same punch and brofist him with a greater force. The only downside is that Data wouldn't able to copy anything that'd require agility like Spider-Man, as that would exceed his capabilities. So he'd have to have a careful mix of copying and countering with basic moves like blocking or dodging. 

As Taskmaster is a human, his stamina will slowly start to wear down as the fight goes on and as he gets wailed on. Thus, his performance deteriorates as the fight goes on. Whereas Data is an android, and has an unlimited amount of stamina and furthermore, does not feel pain. Thus Data's fighting ability remains to be peachy throughout the entire fight.

Your move Floopay! 
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

@Fetts:

I know I said I'd post something, so I'm going to get my overview out of the way right now, because I'm kinda tired and don't wanna formulate a full strategy yet.

Though I'd like a sword and a couple pistols if that's alright, pretty much going for his UDON equipment.

Taskmaster Overview

Peak Human Stats - Speaks for itself

Muscle Mimic / Photographic Reflexes - The Taskmaster can mimic moves simply by observing his opponents. This has allowed him to perform feats as far as double speed.

Energy Gauntlet:

Allows him to create dang near anything out of those things, and they stay solid energy constructs after they leave his hands as well

As you can see, can use it for projectiles

Alright, I can do a lot more later, but for now I'll start with this. Work has been pretty exhausting lately.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay: Your wish is granted. Looking forward to your rebuttal
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

Message me when this is finished, I'd be interested in voting.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto: Will do bro!
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Floopay

@Fetts:

Alright, sorry I've been putting this off, work schedule keeps shifting around.

The Debate

Data has a clear advantage here physically, and he can mimic Taskmaster's photographic reflexes pretty handily, and analyze his actions on the spot for near instantaneous responses to his attacks.

However, I do believe that energy gauntlet gives Taskmaster a huge advantage. Because it can produce such a myriad of effects, it should be able to keep Data on guard.

Taskmaster has copied a lot of martial arts styles over the years, and as a result he can change from one style to the next instantaneously

Here is switches across three styles. Elektra's (while fighting Elektra), to Spiderman's, and even fights blind using Daredevil's

He's fast, as fast as any human could ever be, maybe even faster. Before these guards have a chance to even point their guns at him, they are dead.

Fights Iron Man. He runs away, which is what any logical peak human does when they face Iron Man, but the fact that he does as well as he does before running is dang impressive.

Blocking/dodging attacks from the entire Avenger's roster at once

Overall:

I think Taskmaster's versatility gives him a huge advantage here, and I think more than enough of one to counter Data's physical advantage.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay said: 

However, I do believe that energy gauntlet gives Taskmaster a huge advantage. Because it can produce such a myriad of effects, it should be able to keep Data on guard.

I agree. That is really the only thing that keeps Taskmaster in the game. However, Data is just too physically superior. If Taskmaster doesn't do something extreme like a shield throw or unexpectedly drawing out his claws at a perfect opportunity, he's out of this game pretty quickly. And I fear that's what going to happen. Taskmaster knew the type of threat Iron Man was when he fought him. But Taskmaster knows nothing about Data. Taskmaster likes to play. He doesn't go all out first thing unless he knows he has to. But if he does go all out, he can make a good stand but Data is still going to get the best of him. Data's reflexes is just too great for Taskmaster to really do much to him. And Data has the stats to end this fight quickly if he needs to. The only advantages Taskmaster has is agility and the element of surprise with that energy gauntlet of his. But that's just not enough.  

But of course, this is assuming you can prove that Data's ambush (whether with his phaser rifle or with his fist) isn't going to take Taskmaster out first thing.

@Floopay said:

Taskmaster has copied a lot of martial arts styles over the years, and as a result he can change from one style to the next instantaneously

Here is switches across three styles. Elektra's (while fighting Elektra), to Spiderman's, and even fights blind using Daredevil's

He's fast, as fast as any human could ever be, maybe even faster. Before these guards have a chance to even point their guns at him, they are dead.

Fights Iron Man. He runs away, which is what any logical peak human does when they face Iron Man, but the fact that he does as well as he does before running is dang impressive.

Blocking/dodging attacks from the entire Avenger's roster at once

This is where you have me confused. We both know that Data can mimic moves to an exact precision. While Taskmaster has greater combat feats than Data does, that combat skill is just going to be copied by Data. Yes Taskmaster can switch between styles but that unpredictability isn't going to work on Data like it would on most. Data sees a punch in slow motion, analyzes it, and counters or attacks accordingly. Whether it's copying the same punch or kick, whatever. It's going to get copied. Taskmaster isn't winning this fight with h2h. Data has his same fighting ability and greater stats to back it up. Also, Taskmaster doesn't know a thing about Data here. He'd most likely try to go for a punch or a kick, and then something like this would happen: 

Taskmaster would get destroyed in a h2h fight with Data. Especially since he has no knowledge on him.  

Also, that speed feat you posted, I'm pretty sure they did get a chance to lift their guns. Notice how that guard was saying "I can't get a bead on him". I think that's implying that he was at least aiming at Taskmaster. You'll also notice another guard that his gun drawn before Tasky kills him. I have no doubt Taskmaster has impressive speed. I just don't think it's as impressive as you claim it is. And either way, it wouldn't be fast enough. 

You also forget that Data has the drop on Taskmaster. Seriously Data has one-shotted human beings before (TNG: Masks). And he did so incredibly effortlessly. Seriously he shoved his hand into a person's face and it was an instant KO. And it was a pretty slight shove. So I'm hoping you have feats of Taskmaster being able to take a beating. Cause otherwise he's going down without a fight and that wouldn't make a very entertaining debate. 
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay: Bump?
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floopay

@Fetts said:

@Floopay: Bump?

Sorry, doing lots of things and updating my "Respect Final Fantasy 7" thread.

Data

While Data can copy his movements and predict them, Taskmaster can switch almost instantly between styles, and he has the arsenal necessary to really do some damage to Data. And just because Data can mimic some of Tony's attacks, Tony has a near limitless list of skills to draw on.

Tony vs. Spiderman

Spiderman has his Spidey Senses and superior physical attributes all around.

Can catch a bullet:

Can tap into double speed at random intervals. This is going to make predicting his actions very difficult, and he may even be able to match Data in speed when he does this. However, this isn't something he can do forever, he's still a human with human limitations and this draws on his stamina more than a bit:

Takes these guys out almost instantly, and dodges their gunfire very easily.

Over and above this, he can draw on almost all fighting styles simultaneously, including double speed.

Biggest Advantage:

His biggest advantage is his acrobatics, something Data really can't replicate, or least not that I've seen. Which makes sense, despite being faster and stronger than a normal person, he's still very heavy (I think he's like 250 pounds or something like that).

That and you know, all the abilities he can draw on.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fetts
@Floopay: I think you're missing my point a little. It doesn't matter the type of punch, kick, or whatever Taskmaster throws. Whatever it is, Data will copy or counter it. Switching through different styles may be able to catch human beings off guard but it won't have an effect on Data. Data will see whatever Taskmaster throws at him in slow motion, analyze it, and act accordingly. Data makes millions of calculations per second. 

Skip to 1:09 

Say if Taskmaster goes for a Captain America, left-uppercut punch. Data will watch it in slow motion, analyze the punch, and act accordingly. For example, catching it and breaking all of Taskmaster fingers. Or say if he goes for an  Iron Fist's kick. Data will watch in slow motion, analyze it, and say, pull the same exact kick at the exact same time with greater speed and force. 

Catching a bullet is no doubt impressive, but it doesn't match Data's reflexes. He's dodged a phaser blast fired from Ishara Yar (TNG: Legacy... I think). Phasers can fired during warp speed, thus they have to move faster than light. And I doubt Taskmaster has FTL reflexes. 

The double speed thing is interesting, however I doubt that's going to negate the fact that Data will see it in slow motion and counter. Even if the punch is faster than the typical punch, I don't believe it to be fast enough. 

Agility isn't going to be a wise idea in a confined area like office building Data's in. Even if that wasn't the case, if Taskmaster tried to do all sorts of flips around Data, it'd leave him the most vulnerable. Data may not be able to replicate his agility, but nothing stops him from grabbing Taskmaster and smashing him on the ground. 

Again, in my opinion, the energy gauntlet is what keeps Taskmaster in the game. If he uses it properly (namely Cap's shield), he could give Data a run for his money. But in the end, Data's superior speed and strength, with durability to back those factors up will ultimately give Data the edge. 
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By terry2012

Is it still going on?

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fetts

As per request... Bump!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Floopay

@Fetts: You should have tagged me in the bump, so I would see it in my inbox :P

Data is more than capable of calculating and reacting to attacks, I don't doubt that. But in the episode the Descent (Season 6 Episode 26), Data has a brief confrontation with the Borg (took me forever to figure out which episode this was btw, I haven't watched TNG in ages), and though he was able to overpower it (though clearly it appeared it required effort on his part), he definitely did not look as if he intended the Borg to grab him.

As for damaging Data, Taskmaster has a wide arsenal to damage him with. He probably won't be punching if he has a sword, his energy gauntlet and his pistols at his disposal.

Speed/Reaction:

Again, Taskmaster has dodged Spiderman's shots on multiple occasions, including symbiote Spiderman. Spidey is easily as fast, if not faster than Data.

Even able to take Spidey Off-guard

Handles Captain America and Iron Man simultaneously (he flees from this encounter, which is understandable)

Blitz a bunch of guards, cut their arms off, raise a shield, block/dodge bullets, then fire back

Data is fast, but he's not unhittable, and he's not faster than a bullet. Though he definitely has a better chance of dodging them. If Taskmaster can handle the likes of Spider Man, and hold his ground against Iron Man for a brief period of time, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he could stand up against Data.

Plus he can shield toss, potentially disarm Data, fight with a sword, or with guns, use Wolverine claws, etc. etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay