Challenge a Viner (CaV)

#49801 Posted by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

Doing something I never thought I would do. But I'd like to use a Live Action character. Specifically MCU Spider-Man with composite feats from his suits:

No Caption Provided

I know there likely isn't a matchup that hasn't already been done. But he seems like a fun character to use, especially for me starting out. Any takers?

#49802 Posted by Amendment50 (16000 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: @soro did just say they were looking to debate MCU Spider-Man with Black Panther.

#49803 Edited by Amendment50 (16000 posts) - - Show Bio

Would like to use Luke Cage. Also maybe Elektra

#49804 Posted by Soro (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Sweet. But there will have to be some restrictions to composite suit Spidey, specifically just web grenades and taser web.

#49805 Posted by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio
#49807 Posted by Amendment50 (16000 posts) - - Show Bio

@defiant_will: 616 versions; I don't mean together though, just two characters I would be interested in using

#49808 Posted by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@soro: Just those two things? If so that’s alright. Have you done a CAV before?

#49809 Posted by Soro (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Yes, just those 2, I don't think he has any other AoE or paralyzing attacks. And no.

#49810 Posted by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@soro: I see. Well I would prefer someone who has done one before to be honest. But I’m willing to still do one since I haven’t debated for LA before

#49811 Posted by Soro (127 posts) - - Show Bio
#49812 Posted by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@soro: Sure thing. Do you know how to make a CAV thread? I only ask if you can since I’m away from my computer.

#49813 Edited by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

@soro: Great. well if you don’t mind could you make one when you can?

#49814 Posted by Soro (127 posts) - - Show Bio
#49815 Posted by Soro (127 posts) - - Show Bio
#49816 Posted by Rabii99 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

@mevbi said:

Demon king Meliodas vs so6p Naruto/Hokage Naruto

DK Mel vs SOSP Madara double Rinnegan?

#49817 Posted by mevbi (627 posts) - - Show Bio
#49818 Posted by Rabii99 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio
#49819 Posted by APEX_pretador (21469 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: how powerful are these guys?

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#49820 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want to represent Edward Elric against a comic street leveler, although I'm also open to representing him against a Part 1 Naruto character! Preferably someone from the Chunin Exams. Let me know if you're interested!

#49821 Posted by Racob7 (10093 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: Vaccine Man can fly and has really powerful energy ball attacks. Just one of them can turn a whole city block into a smoldering crater and he can actually throw several balls at a time in different directions. He was enough of a threat to have a bunch of the strongest heroes called in to take him out but they never even encountered him because he ran into Saitama. Even without any feats besides flying and throwing those energy attacks he's still probably in the top ten most dangerous monsters in OPM and I personally think he's on the level of one of Lord Boros' top three guys.

Marugori AKA Beefcake is a ridiculously big giant. He can wave his arm and the wind generated can wipe out large portions of a city. Despite being so big that skyscrapers reach his knees he can move pretty fast, so fast that he threw a flurry of punches and his arms were just blurs. The crater it made was big even compared to Marugori and the bottom wasn't visible so if he were normal human sized he would still have superhuman strength and maybe speed. He took a punch to the face from Saitama and it killed him but his head didn't explode which is actually a durability feat.

As a team I just think they'd be interesting. A small target in the sky throwing energy attacks and a massive giant stomping around.

#49822 Posted by Darkthunder (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#49823 Posted by DarkDementor101 (799 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I was wondering if you wanted to do a CaV with me with you representing MCU Thor and me representing OS Ben 10 with Master Control. I think the versatility of the aliens vs the raw power of the thunder god would make a good match up. It's up to you though!

#49824 Posted by Racob7 (10093 posts) - - Show Bio
#49825 Posted by ManaMan (606 posts) - - Show Bio

Next week War of the Spark is released. Ill be wanting to represent a WotS planeswalker after the book is released. I can already guess the power levels of certain characters but of course will have to wait for the book for confirmation.

Im thinking that ill want to represent WotS Liliana Vess + Eternalized Army and Gods. She should be continental to potentially planetary.

No Caption Provided

Gideon Jura with the Blackblade. He is a powerful brick who can somewhat match the strength of a mountain buster, and hes wielding the Blackblade, a sword that supposedly can kill high tiers.

No Caption Provided

These two interest me the most right now but with every major planeswalker apparently being present in this story im sure others will be getting new feats so this might change after the book comes out

#49826 Edited by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still looking to rep MCU Black Widow in a tactical scenario w/full gear. And I still think FOX Deadpool would make for a really fun and interesting debate I could even be swayed in due to his unique powerset. Or someone similar probably? I wanted to do it before Endgame comes out just for the hype.

#49827 Posted by SMXLR8 (6939 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still looking for a CAV if anyone is interested
level - high street and mid low-level or something in between

#49828 Posted by Mass (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: do you think Gideon vs HCLW would be a good match? Here is a tournament post I used him in:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/manga-btb-tourney-round-1-streak619-vs-mass-2007184/

#49829 Posted by ManaMan (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@mass: HCLW has Gidion beat by alot in all stats except maybe durability. Gideon's best strength feat is when he held back the avatar of Ulamog. Ulamog's avatar is a Mountain sized monster that has turned a mountain into "fine scree and rubble." Gideon got into a pushing contest with Ulamog and Gideon was pushed back 2,3,maybe 4 feet.

So punching through multiple mountains gives a big edge there.

Durability Gideon can cover his skin in Invulnerability magic. Hes stood in the middle of nuke-esk explosions and gone unperturbed. The way this ability functions you can get around his shield if your more skilled at fighting.

It depends on how good the Blackblade is shown to be in the upcoming story. Everyone believes it is strong enough to kill Nicol Bolas, a character with multiple planetary feats and a star level feat, I average him to multi-planetary.

I think Gideon could take the hits, but he would need that sword if he is to have a chance at winning

#49830 Posted by Mass (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: well HCLW has a weaker version who is around mountain+ that I could use but he has most of the same skills.

Blackblade may or may not help as HCLW has a skill that literally breaks God Class weapons in an instant

#49831 Posted by ManaMan (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@mass: we will see when War of the Spark comes out. Gideon seems to be an essential character in this story so I expect him to get new feats. Also Gideon can cover his sword too and make it invulnerable as well of its needed

#49832 Posted by Mass (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: sounds like it could be a fun match. Hit me up if you want to battle :)

#49833 Posted by ManaMan (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@mass: I'll let you know. The book comes out exactly a week from now

#49834 Edited by Racob7 (10093 posts) - - Show Bio

Still have the Guyver and Namek Saga SSJ Goku.

#49835 Posted by Darkthunder (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: anyone who can challenge me is welcome.

#49836 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still looking to rep MCU Black Widow in a tactical scenario w/full gear. And I still think FOX Deadpool would make for a really fun and interesting debate I could even be swayed in due to his unique powerset. Or someone similar probably? I wanted to do it before Endgame comes out just for the hype.

#49837 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12425 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Can you elaborate on the scenario and define Widow´s gear?

#49838 Edited by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass:

Basically, a tactical scenario is like an empty warehouse or a highway (imagine from TWS), with cover and stuff that can allow to utilise marksmanship, stealth etc, plus close range combat. Basically everything goes.

Widow's gear I imagine would be a composite utility belt. Whatever she's pulled out of her suit in the movies (guns, knives, batons, her tasers, garrote, flashbangs etc.). Think what she carries when she's fighting the big alien battles.

#49839 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:

I thought you didn't have time for "random CaVs" yet you literally issue an open challenge for one here? Please if you don't want to CaV me just say and don't come up with pathetic excuses like you not having time.

#49840 Edited by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkhamasylum3:

This isn't a random CaV, RF Twin 2.0. I've been asking for it quite a while now.

#49841 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkhamasylum3:

This isn't a random CaV, RF Twin 2.0. I've been asking for it quite a while now.

And why couldn't you have asked me whether I wanted to do it? My definition of a non-random CaV is a non-tourney CaV you're asking people to do with you on the forums (in other words a random matchup you haven't challenged anyone with yet). How long you've wanted to do the matchup for is irrelevant given it still fits the criteria of a CaV you're perfectly capable of asking me to do. Oh well though I wouldn't expect someone as unintelligent as you to grasp such a simple concept.

#49842 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio
#49843 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: And concession accepted. You can't respond casuse you know I'm right.

#49844 Posted by Darthjhawk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that escalated.

#49845 Posted by Subline (9259 posts) - - Show Bio

Smh @ Arkham's harassment.

#49846 Edited by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway.

#49848 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio

@defiant_will: I agree, but Cap is a pretty straightforward opponent. I'd really like something more versatile - like Wade. I'll see what @payineintheass: has to say.

#49849 Posted by geekryan (5736 posts) - - Show Bio

Well then lmao.

Anyway.

I'll CaV you, me repping Thanos w/ all stones. I think that's fair.

#49850 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30252 posts) - - Show Bio