#49101 Posted by Darthjhawk (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: Now I have a a general idea as to what Search and Destroy might mean, how does that relate to a debate ? I'm guessing unnatural stealth would be unfair, say like the predator turning invisible ?

Pretty much a 1v1 hunt for each other. We start on opposing sides out of sight and need to find the enemy and take them down with extreme prejudice. As for the predato, I’m not that knowledgeable so I can’t really say. Bucky has means to counter some forms of camoflauge, but it’s not infallible.

@darthjhawk: What level is he at? I'd be up for using someone like Edward Elric, Tadaomi Karasuma, or Gyro Zeppeli if they're in his tier.

I have him at sub-Batman/Captain America level. So if you think your guys would stomp those two, it’s probably not the fairest match. The first two could be interesting though.

#49102 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w said:

@valorknight: ok, want to hold off on the thread till then or is it a go ahead?

We could make it now to build up our number of voters, although I think they would flock in quickly even if we waited.

#49103 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk said:

valorknight said:

@darthjhawk: What level is he at? I'd be up for using someone like Edward Elric, Tadaomi Karasuma, or Gyro Zeppeli if they're in his tier.

I have him at sub-Batman/Captain America level. So if you think your guys would stomp those two, it’s probably not the fairest match. The first two could be interesting though.

I'd put any of those three at around that level, with Gyro and Karasuma being the best fits. It all depends on who you're more comfortable going up against.

#49104 Posted by Darthjhawk (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk said:

valorknight said:

I'd put any of those three at around that level, with Gyro and Karasuma being the best fits. It all depends on who you're more comfortable going up against.

I don’t really have knowledge on the former who I presume is a Jojo character. If so I don’t really feel com going against that. Karasuma seems cool but I am worried about how he might be able to counter Bucky’s gear especially in this type of situation. They’re hunting for the other in an abandoned city setting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4
#49105 Posted by deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4 (141 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: I see I see, I mention Predator because I'm trying to understand usual parameters of fights. I'm sure it's different depending on who/what is involved but are characters that can render themselves invisible banned as a typical rule ? And I'm sure this archetype is really only for Street Level characters or have there been fights like these at higher tiers?

I might be interested,unless you want a more experienced Debater.

#49106 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk:

I don’t really have knowledge on the former who I presume is a Jojo character.

Gyro is one of the few main characters in any part to not have a Stand. He fights using these steel balls that he can throw and spin to induce a variety of effects upon his target. In case you do end up wanting to go against him, I'll drop his RT here.

Karasuma seems cool but I am worried about how he might be able to counter Bucky’s gear especially in this type of situation.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Are you saying that it wouldn't be fair for Bucky or Karasuma given the situation? The latter only ever carries a combat knife and a pistol, so his gear isn't nearly as impressive as whatever Bucky is packing.

#49107 Posted by Darthjhawk (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: I see I see, I mention Predator because I'm trying to understand usual parameters of fights. I'm sure it's different depending on who/what is involved but are characters that can render themselves invisible banned as a typical rule ? And I'm sure this archetype is really only for Street Level characters or have there been fights like these at higher tiers?

I might be interested,unless you want a more experienced Debater.

You can really do it with any tier if you get creative enough haha. But I think it works best with Street. And I wouldn’t really ban invisible things. The conditions are usually set by two opponents. I would like a more experienced debater yeah, but I dont want to just reject someone trying to get more experience. For now I would say focus on CaVs that are more direct fights first.

@darthjhawk:

I don’t really have knowledge on the former who I presume is a Jojo character.

Gyro is one of the few main characters in any part to not have a Stand. He fights using these steel balls that he can throw and spin to induce a variety of effects upon his target. In case you do end up wanting to go against him, I'll drop his RT here.

Karasuma seems cool but I am worried about how he might be able to counter Bucky’s gear especially in this type of situation.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Are you saying that it wouldn't be fair for Bucky or Karasuma given the situation? The latter only ever carries a combat knife and a pistol, so his gear isn't nearly as impressive as whatever Bucky is packing.

I see. As for Gyro, that’s RT mentions his stand. I would rather stay away from him honestly. For Karasuma what I mean is, Bucky has gear that tracks and allows vision of multiple spectrums as well as enemy detection. Along with all the tech that’s in his arm. Thats besides his guns and knife

#49108 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk:

As for Gyro, that’s RT mentions his stand. I would rather stay away from him honestly.

I probably should have mentioned this, but Scan and Ball Breaker aren't standard for his character. If you don't want to go against him, though, it's all good.

For Karasuma what I mean is, Bucky has gear that tracks and allows vision of multiple spectrums as well as enemy detection. Along with all the tech that’s in his arm. Thats besides his guns and knife

Ah, I concur. If I added in a few of the students would it be more fair?

#49109 Edited by Darthjhawk (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight:

I probably should have mentioned this, but Scan and Ball Breaker aren't standard for his character. If you don't want to go against him, though, it's all good.

Yeah I'd rather not for now.

Ah, I concur. If I added in a few of the students would it be more fair?

Possibly I'm just not sure how well they would do without a reliable way to track and/or detect Barnes. Also if you are including the students I would probably take Bucky Morals Off just to avoid the killing students arguments.

EDIT: Jesus that sounds terrible reading that back.

#49110 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk:

Possibly I'm just not sure how well they would do without a reliable way to track and/or detect Barnes.

All of the students have incredible spacial awareness and have had training in situations where they would need to stealthily assassinate others with relative skill to themselves. I'd also factor in their gym clothes, as they grant the students the ability to communicate with each other over long distances as well as some rather good durability. The two I would want to use would obviously be Nagisa and Karma, so you could dial all of that up to eleven for them.

Also if you are including the students I would probably take Bucky Morals Off just to avoid the killing students arguments.

Yeah, that'd be fine with me.

Jesus that sounds terrible reading that back.

Not the most friendly way to say that, no, lol.

#49111 Posted by Darthjhawk (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: I see. Well then I'm fine to start this up then. I'm away from my computer at the moment. But if you want to set up the thread sooner than later feel free.

#49112 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk:

I see. Well then I'm fine to start this up then. I'm away from my computer at the moment. But if you want to set up the thread sooner than later feel free.

Cool, hopefully we can make this a good one. I'll go ahead and make the thread if there aren't any stipulations you want to discuss beforehand.

#49113 Posted by Darthjhawk (5588 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: Hop on Discord real quick. It'll be a bit faster

#49114 Posted by Subline (8400 posts) - - Show Bio
#49116 Posted by Subline (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone be interested in CaVing against a Live Action Sinister Six with:

• Electro (TASM 2)
  • Lizard (TASM)
  • Dock Ock (Raimi)
  • Vulture (MCU)
  • Sandman (Raimi)
  • Green Goblin (Raimi)
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
#49117 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: How about Psylocke (Without Telepathy)

#49118 Posted by Subline (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

@psy-scarlet: Sorry but I ain't got the faintest clue to what her feats are nor am I familiar with the character.

#49119 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: imagine Someone who could Stalemate Wolverine in h2h and prefers to use Telekinetic Weapons

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
#49120 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: I mean Kenichi is from the same verse as Hongo. And I would just assume Erebus Titan form is too durable for any martial arts to work tbh.

#49121 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@justsomerandomkid said:

@valorknight: I mean Kenichi is from the same verse as Hongo. And I would just assume Erebus Titan form is too durable for any martial arts to work tbh.

It's all good, I found another match anyway.

#49122 Posted by AValiantImge (364 posts) - - Show Bio

@avaliantimge said:
@avaliantimge said:
@avaliantimge said:

I want to use a composite Bloodshot with HARD Corps implant basically Bloodshot at his best against another Super Solider type character. Personally I wanna see how my main man Bloodshot would stack up to the other more popular iconic super soldiers in fiction(Captain America, Deathstroke, etc). I haven't had a proper Bloodshot 1v1 CaV and I'd would like to do so. Of course Bloodshot is street level with really good regen , durability, and surprisingly versatility. Bloodshot's gear for this match would be a deagle, M16, katanna, protein pills/special vitamins , and his H.A.R.D Corps implant. If I were to personally say the strongest person Bloodshot would defeat at his best I would say Luther Strode in a very good fight but then again that is my opinion which also can be debated as well.

Still up for this

#49123 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

I am willing to represent :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mcu versions for gamora and Black Widow

#49124 Posted by Mass (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

@psy-scarlet: for psylocke, what are her stats like. I may have a character in mind but speed could be an issue

#49125 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@mass: She is a legit bullet timer and FTE (Faster the the eye) as for her strength she able to stagger characters like Wolverine and Sabertooth (Durability is Normal human like)

#49126 Posted by Mass (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

@psy-scarlet: gotcha, okay the character I was thinking won’t work. Sorry

#49127 Posted by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@mass: She can also enhance her strength to 50 tons and has powerful Telekinesis if you want a superhuman she can deliver

#49128 Edited by RikuYamaha (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone interested in doing a nagato and six paths of pain from naruto vs four admirals off one piece. vs Espada four members

rules will be

haki=charka=reaitsu

composite versions of them.

morals on

standard equipment

win by death or ko or seal.

#49129 Edited by deactivated-5cc073360931e (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone up for some MCU Black Widow (Basically any live action street level character)

No Caption Provided

#49130 Posted by RikuYamaha (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone up in doing a 5 man CAV?

it will be between characters from shounen animes. the first one will be a composite mixture of the five admirals in one piece(Sengoku,Akainu,Aokiji,Kizaru and fuji) vs the seven deadly sins composite character of(Meliodas,Escanor and Gilthunder) vs composite bleach captains(Yamamoto, Tōshirō Hitsugaya,Byakuya Kuchiki and Kenpachi) vs naruto composite ninja(Shikamaru Nara,Neji Hyuga,Hashirama Senju and Might Guy) vs composite fairy tail mage(Natsu Dragneel,Laxus Dreyar,Gray Fullbuster,Erza Scarlet and Gajeel Redfox). what would ya'll think of doing this?

Avatar image for theevolutionary
#49131 Posted by TheEvolutionary (386 posts) - - Show Bio

I challenge ANYONE to teach me the ropes of debating..

#49132 Posted by RikuYamaha (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
#49133 Posted by TheEvolutionary (386 posts) - - Show Bio
#49134 Posted by RikuYamaha (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone up in doing a 5 man CAV?

it will be between characters from shounen animes. the first one will be a composite mixture of the five admirals in one piece(Sengoku,Akainu,Aokiji,Kizaru and fuji) vs the seven deadly sins composite character of(Meliodas,Escanor and Gilthunder) vs composite bleach captains(Yamamoto, Tōshirō Hitsugaya,Byakuya Kuchiki and Kenpachi) vs naruto composite ninja(Shikamaru Nara,Neji Hyuga,Hashirama Senju and Might Guy) vs composite fairy tail mage(Natsu Dragneel,Laxus Dreyar,Gray Fullbuster,Erza Scarlet and Gajeel Redfox). what would ya'll think of doing this?

#49135 Posted by TheEvolutionary (386 posts) - - Show Bio
#49136 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@vertigo-@wyldsong@tourneymaster Been on a Forgotten Realms kick lately, and been itching for a debate. Anyone up for some street levelers to mid tiers?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49137 Posted by ManaMan (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I wouldn't mind going against forgotten realms

#49138 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: Who you got? I've got one high tier, a few mid tier, and several street tiers to debate with.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49139 Posted by ManaMan (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I've got a planetary+, and then a bunch of mid tiers ranging from large building busting-mountain level

#49140 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda hoping for a street level debate. Really hoping for like a swordsman debate or something. I've got a high level; but she's too strong for a mountain buster and too weak for a planet buster.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49141 Posted by ManaMan (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I don't have any street level swordsman that I'd like to represent atm. Tell me about this high tier, perhaps I can find a match for her

#49142 Edited by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman said:

@floopay: I don't have any street level swordsman that I'd like to represent atm. Tell me about this high tier, perhaps I can find a match for her

Mystra. It's hard to debate with her; but she's super powerful. One of those characters whose in a weird power bracket due to hax. Most characters either can't stand up to her hax or are so powerful they stomp her. Basically, if somebody isn't immune to her abilities she stomps, and if they are she likely gets stomped.

She can legit throw a mountain, slay thousands of Spiderman+ level beings with a blink, manipulate time, precog, telepathy, memory alteration, etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49143 Posted by ManaMan (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: she sounds alot like my planetary. Nicol Bolas. Hard to find matches cuze hes absurdly hax. Time, soul, reality manipulation, TP ect. And he can cast spells on a planetary scale.

I'd propose a duo to face her except for the whole time manipulation.

#49144 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman said:

@floopay: she sounds alot like my planetary. Nicol Bolas. Hard to find matches cuze hes absurdly hax. Time, soul, reality manipulation, TP ect. And he can cast spells on a planetary scale.

I'd propose a duo to face her except for the whole time manipulation.

She can stop time for a few minutes, and has precog and a number of other things. Can turn herself into a powerful fighter. She can't cast spells on a planetary level. I think her most powerful feat is hurling the top of a mountain a few hundred miles. So she's well above mid-tier; but she's not super high-tier.

Also, Nicol Bolas as in...the dragon?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49145 Posted by ManaMan (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Yep the dragon. I could use Ob Nixilis. His best feat is wrestling with Gideon Jura, who momentarily held back a mountain sized creature from advancing with his strength. He has a minor healing factor, can cast spells of death, and is a pretty good telepath. He cant deal with time manipulation tho

#49146 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman said:

@floopay: Yep the dragon. I could use Ob Nixilis. His best feat is wrestling with Gideon Jura, who momentarily held back a mountain sized creature from advancing with his strength. He has a minor healing factor, can cast spells of death, and is a pretty good telepath. He cant deal with time manipulation tho

Mystra is a rough one to debate with and against. She literally is magic (or a good chunk of it). Any spell cast through the weave she can use...on a whim and without concentration. So she has the feats of about 20 people to draw from; because anything they do, they do through her. She can be blown to pieces and come back in an instant in terms of healing factor, and she can incinerate the bodies and minds of people with an ability that can't be dodged. The only counter is anti-magic.

Mystra submerged herself into the Weave of the Forgotten Realms and became as much a part of it as it has become a part of her. There have been instances where dozens of fellow gods have teamed up against her to destroy her, and her destruction has sundered magic on a near-global scale. The last instance drove thousands of people or more insane due to the way in which they defeated her.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49147 Posted by ManaMan (490 posts) - - Show Bio
#49148 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@manaman: she has no speed feats of her own, but she can shapeshift into almost anything. Between the precog and the time manipulation, speed kind of isn't an issue. Especially when she can use magic instantaneously...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#49149 Posted by Menos_Kegare (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: What range of street-tiers are you looking for?

#49150 Posted by Floopay (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

@menos_kegare: any street up to Spidey level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay