Bloodlusted

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ahsoka due to her fight against Rebels Vader.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cere did better against Vader than Ahsoka could ever hope to.

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cere mid diff tbh.

Vader ended up limping away from their fight and he came in fresh.

KingJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We’ve got ourselves a Quinlan Vos situation with Cere here. It may not “feel” right to many but given her performance against Vader she seems to be a high tier combatant out of nowhere..

I don’t love it, but Cere would beat Ahsoka mid diff as things are now. She used her surroundings on Vader to get the licks in that she got, more so than straight up dueling, but still. Ahsoka couldn’t hope to do as well as Cere did against Vader; though of course they both lost.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8 frozen  Moderator

@kingjedi said:

We’ve got ourselves a Quinlan Vos situation with Cere here. It may not “feel” right to many but given her performance against Vader she seems to be a high tier combatant out of nowhere..

I don’t love it, but Cere would beat Ahsoka mid diff as things are now. She used her surroundings on Vader to get the licks in that she got, more so than straight up dueling, but still. Ahsoka couldn’t hope to do as well as Cere did against Vader; though of course they both lost.

The Vos situation was worse because Dooku actually lost. They reasoned that his style was "unpredictable" and thats why he beat Dooku. At least Vader won against Cere.

I also quite like Cere doing this well. There's some narrative precedent for it (letting go of her fear) and from empire PoV shows why jedi must be eliminated. It's also refreshing to see a FU who isn't a Skywalker or Palpatine be so capable.

I think ROTS Obi vs Cere is a good match, because pre hole OWK Obi is essentially = ROTS Obi. I'd love to see a comparison and breakdown of those two performances.

KingJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I agree that Cere seems comparable to ROTS Kenobi, maybe even a smidge higher but still on the same tier like Dooku. Certainly under usual circumstances she isn’t going to be winning against “enlightened” Kenobi/Titans.

For the record, I also like when we get a new character in the upper tier fighters, since usually things stay the same for years.. decades even. I like it when that happens, or an existing character like Obi-Wan gets a scaling boost.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator

@kingjedi said:

@frozen: I agree that Cere seems comparable to ROTS Kenobi, maybe even a smidge higher but still on the same tier like Dooku. Certainly under usual circumstances she isn’t going to be winning against “enlightened” Kenobi/Titans.

For the record, I also like when we get a new character in the upper tier fighters, since usually things stay the same for years.. decades even. I like it when that happens, or an existing character like Obi-Wan gets a scaling boost.

I'd say she is a bit lower than ROTS Obi but I'd have to watch again. Would have her losing to Dooku high diff.

Agreed on rest.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kingjedi said:

I love that name you came up with for Post-Hole Kenobi. I‘ll probably make a thread for the perfect name for the Vader lvl OWK Kenobi.

KingJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: Actually I sort of got it from Filoni way back when Twin Suns aired.

He described Obi-Wan reaching a state of oneness and enlightenment which makes him near impossible to defeat.

I agree we need to stop calling the strongest incarnation of Obi-Wan “Post-hole Obi-Wan”. Lol

henryH01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By henryH01

Ahsoka fought a slightly stronger vader in rebels but she really only damages him because vader was distracted and focused on the sith holocron and ahsoka got a sneak attack in. She has to have gotten stronger by mandalorian and BOBF but I doubt she got massively stronger.

On the other hand cere was able to take on a fresh vader with all his attention on her and she still put up a very good fight. The best fight we've seen anyone put up against vader in Canon besides Obi Wan and Luke. Yes this was a pre prime vader but still cere making vader stumble and breath heavily at the end of their fight is more impressive than what ahsoka has done.

Based on feats Cere should win with high difficulty but I wouldn't be surprised if current ahsoka is supposed to be stronger based on the narrative.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mr-yes

Ahsoka put up a better fight against Vader.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nassergrant19

Bump

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cere did better against Vader than Ahsoka could ever hope to.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SonOfDarkness

On the surface, yeah it looks like Cere did better. But if you analyze the fight you can see that Vader was holding back and playing with his food (before he was injured). Against Ahsoka he was clearly trying a lot more.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frozen  Moderator

On the surface, yeah it looks like Cere did better. But if you analyze the fight you can see that Vader was holding back and playing with his food (before he was injured). Against Ahsoka he was clearly trying a lot more.

I see no reason why Vader would hold back against Cere.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen: it’s clear from his body language imo. The way he slowly and casually walks when he’s fighting her. Gives her time to recover from his force attacks. Not aggressive at all. If you compare to his fight with Ahsoka for example, he’s much more aggressive.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: it’s clear from his body language imo. The way he slowly and casually walks when he’s fighting her. Gives her time to recover from his force attacks. Not aggressive at all. If you compare to his fight with Ahsoka for example, he’s much more aggressive.

Vader doesn't always fight aggressively. We see this against Koth. Less aggressive doesn't mean worse or holding back. He recognizes Cere has grown, so it would be illogical to hold back.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@frozen: you’re right, he doesn’t fight aggressively against opponents he thinks he’s far superior to. Which just means he underestimated her.

And it’s not just a lack of aggression. It’s the way he moves around so casually and carefree when he’s fighting her, gives her time to recover from his attacks, etc… these are not signs of someone who’s trying very hard.

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: you’re right, he doesn’t fight aggressively against opponents he thinks he’s far superior to. Which just means he underestimated her.

And it’s not just a lack of aggression. It’s the way he moves around so casually and carefree when he’s fighting her, gives her time to recover from his attacks, etc… these are not signs of someone who’s trying very hard.

he's robotic. the developers just envisioned his fighting style as a boss differently.

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nozak
@sonofdarkness said:

dude it's just jedi padawan difficulty. just go play on grandmaster level.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader got his torso slashed open nearly immedietly if he's still holding back past that he's an idiot.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@nozak: I’m referring to cutscenes. Gameplay doesn’t count.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@greysentinel365: that was a blade lock during gameplay, not in cutscenes. Doesn’t count.

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: that was a blade lock during gameplay, not in cutscenes. Doesn’t count.

qtes are cutscene. and that QTE led to Vader gettign pushed into bookcase. so it should count.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More for Cere

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarthAdi

@nozak: QTE are not really treated like cutscenes in this fight/game.

1. They don't always play the same.

2. They don't always appear at the same points in the fight. You can check on yt a version of the fight without any QTE in phase 1 for example.

3. If QTE were cutscenes and canon, the slashes Cere gives him would not just dissapear. And Vader would have more of a reaction to them, instead in actual cutscenes he acts like nothing happened . His torso is not lightsaber resistent, lol. This is in contrast to the damage to his armour that is shown after the bookcase cutscene.

And I want to add Vader was not pushed into the bookcase. That was Cere after an actual cinematic. Vader was the one who had the bookcass droped on him shortly after. And a QTE doesn't lead directly into that cinematic on every playthrough. Again, check on yt. QTE are gameplay.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideraty15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m biased for Ashoka but you guys bring up good points

Seemorebutts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Seemorebutts94

Cere by the skin of her teeth. She's clearly at the very top of Ahsoka's tier. They can give Vader, The Emperor, Yoda, and Luke great fights but can't ultimately defeat them.

Black-Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell does Vader get this damaged by a falling bookshelf, lol? Isn't this the same guy that fought The Ender? Or is that non-canon now, lol.

Avatar image for xantimobiusgodx
xAntiMobiusGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell does Vader get this damaged by a falling bookshelf, lol? Isn't this the same guy that fought The Ender? Or is that non-canon now, lol.

For reals. So inconsistent

HELMAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People here seem to forget that the Vader in Jedi Survivor isn't as strong as the Vader in Rebels who has had years to get stronger and is also amped by a nexus when fighting Ahsoka. I feel like Ahsoka's performance against Vader is more noteworthy because of this.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black-tanuki: Yeah pretty bad anti-feat lol

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahsoka fought and survived a stronger version of Vader on a DS nexus. She takes this solidly.

MakeorBreakit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MakeorBreakit

Cere if its Rebels Ahsoka.
Not sure about Mando Ahsoka. She hasn't really displayed anything impressive as of yet but she is most likely more powerful than her Rebels incarnation

MakeorBreakit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MakeorBreakit

Also is the idea that Vader was amped when he fought Ahsoka actually canon-as in backed up by guys like Filoni? There wasn't any visual cue that indicated this "amp" so as it stands its just speculation.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: I guess so, I was too slow to delete my comment before you responded too 😂

For anyone reading, I said that Cere had another impressive feat of collapsing the entrance to a large hangar, but then I noticed that grey already linked the video above. I’ll go take my nap now I guess

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helmag said:

People here seem to forget that the Vader in Jedi Survivor isn't as strong as the Vader in Rebels who has had years to get stronger and is also amped by a nexus when fighting Ahsoka. I feel like Ahsoka's performance against Vader is more noteworthy because of this.

Exactly. Ahsoka edges it out after a very difficult fight.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars in a nutshell

Cere by the skin of her teeth. She's clearly at the very top of Ahsoka's tier. They can give Vader, The Emperor, Yoda, and Luke great fights but can't ultimately defeat them.

Vader:

Yes as proven, however this is 10 BBY Vader and thus cannot scale to peak Sidious, who would casually handwave Cere

Emperor:

As said above, contesting with this Vader cannot be scaled to a far more powerful emperor who scales above a far more powerful Vader.

Luke & Yoda:

Luke as of ESB, maybe. ROTJ and beyond she gets slaughtered. Not to mention the only reason she contested Vader is by spamming her agility advantage. Which is why she wouldn’t fare so well against anyone that isn’t Vader, let alone Yoda, who‘s main dueling attribute is his agility.

As for Ahsoka, it’s also similar to above. Cere’s agility wouldn’t be of much use against Ahsoka, who also is an extremely agile combatant. Not to mention Ahsoka fought a more powerful Vader.

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helmag said:

force nexuses aren't a thing in canon. i dont feel like. i think the only one that has been stated to be a amp is the one with the force god stuff in clone wars. daddy and son and daughter

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi said:

@nozak: QTE are not really treated like cutscenes in this fight/game.

1. They don't always play the same.

2. They don't always appear at the same points in the fight. You can check on yt a version of the fight without any QTE in phase 1 for example.

3. If QTE were cutscenes and canon, the slashes Cere gives him would not just dissapear. And Vader would have more of a reaction to them, instead in actual cutscenes he acts like nothing happened . His torso is not lightsaber resistent, lol. This is in contrast to the damage to his armour that is shown after the bookcase cutscene.

And I want to add Vader was not pushed into the bookcase. That was Cere after an actual cinematic. Vader was the one who had the bookcass droped on him shortly after. And a QTE doesn't lead directly into that cinematic on every playthrough. Again, check on yt. QTE are gameplay.

Cal cutting off 9th sister's right hand in a QTE. is that not canon?