Celestial Race vs The Monitors

• 165 results
NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rosalinagalaxy3: They're not Overvoid level. Beings created by the Overvoid cannot be on the same level as Overvoid.

AnnamalHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosalinagalaxy3:

No, not even close to such levels.

Wth you been smoking man?! Oh I get it you got fooled by Michael Julius monitor wank huh? Lol

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw no Mandrakk for this thread. Celestials win without, but lose if he's part of the team. A fully powered AM would solo most of the Celestials.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By NicolascageGOD

@cosmic_reign said:
@nicolascagegod said:

Tbh they're both pathetic with a heap of low ends to their name

Low showings may be found in every characters file cabinet!

How pathetic is having a member of the Celestial race ascend and sit shotgun next to Jack Kirby? Or another member disapproving and physically restraining a being possessed with LT and all the powers of the Multiverse stacked? Or creating the entirety of Marvel continuity(Multverse) by shattering a higher and more powerful cosmos?

Did I say that only the celestials are pathetic? I said both(Monitors and Celestials) of them are. They're plot devices that appear for a few moments. Well atleast the celestials do , no-one really cares about the monitors anymore.

Tiamut iirc isn't a part of the celestials anymore(I could be wrong so feel free to correct me) and The fulcrum is basically featless.

Scathan is kind of a plot device that appeared , did his thing and went away.

IIRC the first firmament shattered due to the celestial war and besides how many celestials are there on that level save for a select few?

Admittedly I shouldn't have called them pathetic due to my own personal opinion regarding them but they aren't really much except a plot device like scathan or as a power scale for certain characters like Galan or Franklin Richards. Besides a few celestials , every one else is passed off as fodder. Although their low showings are still not as bad as monitors.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicolascagegod:

Do you agree with this statement?

-COIE Anti-Monitor(full-power)=multiversal+/abstract. SC Anti-Monitor=galaxy-level/low-Skyfather. DCnU Anti-Monitor=multi-universal/cosmic. DCnU Anti-Monitor /w/ ALE=multiversal/abstract.

-Mandrakk I=metatextual/beyond abstract.

-Nix Uotan(SUPAJUDGE!!)=metatextual/abstract.

-Monitor Race(on average)=universal/cosmic.

-Original Monitor from COIE=multiversal/abstract

Quoted from another thread.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By cosmic_reign

@nicolascagegod said:
@cosmic_reign said:
@nicolascagegod said:

Tbh they're both pathetic with a heap of low ends to their name

Low showings may be found in every characters file cabinet!

How pathetic is having a member of the Celestial race ascend and sit shotgun next to Jack Kirby? Or another member disapproving and physically restraining a being possessed with LT and all the powers of the Multiverse stacked? Or creating the entirety of Marvel continuity(Multverse) by shattering a higher and more powerful cosmos?

Did I say that only the celestials are pathetic? I said both(Monitors and Celestials) of them are. They're plot devices that appear for a few moments. Well atleast the celestials do , no-one really cares about the monitors anymore.

Tiamut iirc isn't a part of the celestials anymore(I could be wrong so feel free to correct me) and The fulcrum is basically featless.

Scathan is kind of a plot device that appeared , did his thing and went away.

IIRC the first firmament shattered due to the celestial war and besides how many celestials are there on that level save for a select few?

Admittedly I shouldn't have called them pathetic due to my own personal opinion regarding them but they aren't really much except a plot device like scathan or as a power scale for certain characters like Galan or Franklin Richards. Besides a few celestials , every one else is passed off as fodder. Although their low showings are still not as bad as monitors.

I read exactly what you typed...and I'm supporting Celestials in response. I know there are plenty of DC peeps here who would argue for the Monitors if they want to get involved!

How is Tiamut NOT a Celestial? And according to Hickman, he believes Jack/Fulcrum is 'God'(via interview statements)

Scathan is just as enigmatic as most other Celestials.

Yes, Celestials went to war and defeated their own brothers who were supported by the FF.

I can agree with plot device and scaling to an extent. And yes, I can see how some nameless Celestials can be made 'fodder' But also on the flip, a nameless Celestial was shown to be multiple(transfinite) infinities greater than CC beings who are basically conduits for the Beyond Realm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestial if your only gonna give them nil monitor, either way close

yoyoyoyoBidD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandrakk solos

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 takenstew22  Moderator
xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uotan solos

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicolascagegod: Zillo Valla referred to herself and her kind as masters of the Overvoid. Indicating that they operate on it's scale.

No Caption Provided

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xearesay said:

@nicolascagegod: Zillo Valla referred to herself and her kind as masters of the Overvoid. Indicating that they operate on it's scale.

Statements aren't feats. They certainly aren't masters of the Overvoid, because they were wiped out by the Overvoid and were incapable of giving any resistance.

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By xearesay

Whether statements are or aren’t feats has nothing to do with my comment. I also fail to see how them wanting to die to the Overvoid invalidates them being referred to as “masters of the Overvoid.”

Also stop trying to answer for other people. Nicolascagegod is very well capable of replying to me himself.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Deagonx

@xearesay:

Whether statements are or aren’t feats has nothing to do with my comment

Sure it does. You passed off a character statement as if it were definite information, even though it's contradicted by actual feats.

I also fail to see how them wanting to die to the Overvoid invalidates them being referred to as “masters of the Overvoid.”

It doesn't invalidate that they refer to themselves that way, it invalidates it's veracity. Good use of passive voice there to cover up the fact that no one calls them that but themselves. by the way. They aren't masters of the Overvoid, that idea is demonstrably false. Whether or not they think they are is irrelevant.

Kite Man might say he's the strongest hero ever known, but he's wrong. Zillo thinks her people are masters of the Overvoid, but she's wrong. At least, not in any manner that the word "master" is understood in English.

Also stop trying to answer for other people. Nicolascagegod is very well capable of replying to me himself.

Tagging someone specifically when you spout uninformed wank doesn't mean I'm not going to debunk. QQ.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoyoyoyobidd said:

Mandrakk solos

Read the OP.

#98AnnamalHouse said:

How the hell does the Monitors not get owned when you have a ascended Tiamut and Scathan here?!

Either one solos

Them two make it spite.Even with any and all monitor related beings all at there peak (Perpetua/Mandrakk/COIE AM/CA Supes/Monitor/WF ect)

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would need peak AM and Mandrakk to compete. The original Monitor from Crisis was also a multiversal being.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NicolascageGOD

COIE Anti-Monitor(full-power)=multiversal+/abstract. SC Anti-Monitor=galaxy-level/low-Skyfather. DCnU Anti-Monitor=multi-universal/cosmic. DCnU Anti-Monitor /w/ ALE=multiversal/abstract.

Well COIE AM did fight the Spectre , so I guess yeah. Although I'm not entirely sure about DCnu AM.

Monitor Race(on average)=universal/cosmic.

Probably. Iirc there was a scan where it was shown that they have universal size.

Original Monitor from COIE=multiversal/abstract

Well he was Said to be AM's equal and iirc also stalemated him which also sent them into a comatose state the first time. So yeah I guess

Mandrakk I=metatextual/beyond abstract.

I don't think so. He was Said to have died and well that's not very Abstract or beyond abstract at all. Plus his recent appearance in unexpected doesn't really help it.

Nix Uotan(SUPAJUDGE!!)=metatextual/abstract.

Didn't he have problems with the Gentry? Idk what to say

Yes , this is something I'm hundred percent sure about.

yoyoyoyoBidD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

You passed off a character statement as if it were definite information

I presented information about the characters. That's it. I didn't present a specific feat for the Monitors. You're clearly just searching for something to argue over.

It doesn't invalidate that they refer to themselves that way, it invalidates it's veracity.

How?

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xearesay:

I presented information about the characters.

You misrepresented the information, and drew an erroneous conclusion about it.

You're clearly just searching for something to argue over.

This is literally a debate forum.

How?

Because they cannot, through any definition of the word, be considered masters of the Overvoid. They don't "operate on it's level" or anything like it.

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

You misrepresented the information, and drew an erroneous conclusion about it.

I didn't misrepresent anything. ZIllo Valla refers to her "people" as "masters of the Overvoid." If you think this isn't reflected in this exact scan then please tell me how?

No Caption Provided

Because they cannot, through any definition of the word, be considered masters of the Overvoid. They don't "operate on it's level" or anything like it.

This is just a reiteration of what I asked you to explain.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Deagonx

@xearesay:

This is just a reiteration of what I asked you to explain.

No, it isn't. It's an explanation. Do you know what the word master means? It's someone who controls, rules over, or has power over something. Sometimes refers to an owner. None of these descriptions accurately describe the Monitors and their relationship to the Overvoid. The sole instance in which we've seen Monitors interact with the Overvoid was them denying without any resistance. This should be obvious if you speak English and know the meaning of the word master.

You said Zillo's high regard for herself and her people proves they "operate on it's level" but this is completely incompatible with their actual portrayal in relation to the Overvoid.

And even within the context of what was true during Final Crisis, in what way are "angels" masters of their own God? Especially if they never interact with or even understand the God that created them? It's nonsensical. The reality is the Monitors were completely ignorant of their own natures, the nature of their existence, and the Overvoid. Almost everything we hear them say is just their best guesses.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestials, they created the Marvel Multiverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f
deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xearesay: @deagonx: "Masters of the Overvoid" could just mean that the Monitors are basically MASTERS of the DC multiverse because they are the highest power there and they monitor all things and they are OF THE OVERVOID because they were created by the Overvoid. In other words, Overvoid created beings that master the multiverse. Monitors are Overvoid's masters. Overvoid OWNS them. The Monitors are Overvoid's pet masters of the multiverse.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612:

"Masters of the Overvoid" could just mean that the Monitors are basically MASTERS of the DC multiverse because they are the highest power there

It could mean a lot of things, but what they said was Masters of the Overvoid, which is objectively wrong. They also aren't the highest power in DC, there are several layers above them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx: My interpretation makes the most sense. But you can go ahead and choose the one that doesn't. Everyone knows that the Monitors are below the Overvoid anyway. And in Final Crisis they were intended to be the highest power out there without including the Overvoid and the maybe the Source which resides beyond.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612:

My interpretation makes the most sense

Maybe if you don't speak English very well. The phrase "masters of" never means what you're saying it does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx: And you are Prof. English? Where are you getting that "the phrase "masters of" never means what you're saying it does." is true?

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612:

And you are Prof. English?

Don't need to be. This isn't complex grammar, this is something any middle schooler would know, to say nothing of a professor.

Where are you getting that "the phrase "masters of" never means what you're saying it does." is true?

The definition of the word master and basic English syntax. If you are somebody's master, it means that you are their master. It doesn't mean this ridiculousness about "a master you own."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

Don't need to be. This isn't complex grammar, this is something any middle schooler would know, to say nothing of a professor.

The definition of the word master and basic English syntax. If you are somebody's master, it means that you are their master. It doesn't mean this ridiculousness about "a master you own."

You are implying that Grant Morrison doesn't know English and that "of" cannot mean "to be owned by someone".

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612:

You are implying that Grant Morrison doesn't know English

No, he does. Zillo said that they were the Masters of the Overvoid, and she meant exactly what that says. She's just wrong. Characters are wrong about things sometimes, crazy concept.

that "of" cannot mean "to be owned by someone".

"Masters of" cannot mean "Masters who are owned/controlled by someone."

If the Overvoid owns you, you aren't the Overvoids masters. The Overvoid is your master. You would be the servants of the Overvoid.

tauio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By tauio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

No, he does. Zillo said that they were the Masters of the Overvoid, and she meant exactly what that says. She's just wrong. Characters are wrong about things sometimes, crazy concept.

One of the most intelligent beings in existence that was created by the Overvoid as an interface between itself and the multiverse mistakenly claims that her race rules/controls the Overvoid without any whatsoever evidence? Nah, that's an even crazier concept.

"Masters of" cannot mean "Masters who are owned/controlled by someone."

Show me the dictionary rules that state that.

If the Overvoid owns you, you aren't the Overvoids masters. The Overvoid is your master. You would be the servants of the Overvoid.

The Monitors aren't ruling over the Overvoid, they rule over the multiverse. They are the multiverse's masters in a sense most would think. But since they were created by the Overvoid, they are of the Overvoid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a better idea. The Overvoid created the Monitors to help him know more about the multiverse. Monitors oversee and study the multiverse and in turn teach the Overvoid of the stuff they have recorded, and thus they are his masters in a sense that teachers are.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612:

mistakenly claims that her race rules/controls the Overvoid without any whatsoever evidence? Nah, that's an even crazier concept.

Gee it's not like the Monitors ever get anything wrong.

No Caption Provided

Show me the dictionary rules that state that.

Lol. Show me a single instance in the history of the English language where the phrase "Masters of X" meant "Masters who are controlled/owned by X."

You can't, because that's not how the English language works. This is the dumbest discussion I've ever participated in. Learn English.

The Monitors aren't ruling over the Overvoid

Which is what Zillo claimed when she said they were "Masters of the Overvoid."

I got a better idea. The Overvoid created the Monitors to help him know more about the multiverse.

Yes. Duh.

No Caption Provided

thus they are his masters in a sense that teachers are.

Angels are not the masters of God. Scouts aren't masters of the people they are giving information to. Jfc. Learn English.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

Gee it's not like the Monitors ever get anything wrong.

Some evil guy boasting doesn't mean anything. And it isn't even far from the truth given that Mandrakk was only defeated by falling into the Overvoid and Thought Robot died right after it. Your "Zillo was wrong" is absurd because it wouldn't have made any sense for her to say that without any reason or evidence in her mind.

Lol. Show me a single instance in the history of the English language where the phrase "Masters of X" meant "Masters who are controlled/owned by X."

You can't, because that's not how the English language works. This is the dumbest discussion I've ever participated in. Learn English.

It doesn't even matter if I could or could not find "a single instance" of what I say if my interpretation isn't breaking the rules of English and it doesn't. You're the one who claims it "cannot be" so you're the one who needs to prove that.

Angels are not the masters of God. Scouts aren't masters of the people they are giving information to. Jfc. Learn English.

Angels arent teachers to God. Scouts aren't exatcly teachers either and being a scout has a loose relation to the actual "teaching". Bad examples. Monitors overseeing and keeping the multiverse safe plus recording all the stories and teaching the Overvoid actually fits everything.

Lol you must learn English and common sense before clowning here.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612:

Your "Zillo was wrong" is absurd because it wouldn't have made any sense for her to say that without any reason or evidence in her mind.

She was wrong because we can demonstrate that she was wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not you think it makes sense for her to say that. She did say it. It's right there on panel.

my interpretation isn't breaking the rules of English

Yes, it is. Your interpretation requires completing butchering the English language.

Monitors overseeing and keeping the multiverse safe plus recording all the stories and teaching the Overvoid actually fits everything.

There's no evidence they "teach" the Overvoid anything. So not only does your interpretation require bad English, but it requires assumptions about things that aren't shown on panel.

Lol you must learn English and common sense before clowning here.

You're projecting. Learn English.

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By xearesay

@alonis3612: Well that's kind of what I was getting at. Since they were meant to operate as an interface between the Multiverse and Monitor Mind, the statement "masters of the Overvoid" is most likely referring to their position between the Overvoid and the Multiverse. Serving as masters of what goes in between the Multiverse/flaw and the Overvoid.

I also notice that you're catching on to Deagons dogmatic and fallacious argumentative tactic. He's committing an informal fallacy called begging the question. It's basically when you assert the truth of a conclusion without actually supporting/proving the conclusion to be true. In essence, It provides a cover up for unsound arguments by arguing in a circular manner that desires a conclusion, instead of actually proving the conclusions one's asserting to be true.

Take note of how he did this in my discussion.

Claim: "it invalidates it's veracity."

Reason: "Because they cannot, through any definition of the word, be considered masters of the Overvoid.

This response can be boiled down to the following.

P: It's inaccurate.

C: Therefore it cannot be true.

Seeing a little problem with this? To conclude therefore it cannot be true I have to already accept that it's inaccurate. In a sense, "P" already presupposes the conclusion of the initial point that I'm asking him to prove. Which is problematic because he's evading the burden of proof due to already asserting the conclusions of what I'm asking him to prove as true.

And since he is not proving the conclusion to be true. The only justification for the conclusion being valid is from the assertion that it is. Which is basically the equivalent of saying "X(what has to be proven) is true because X(what has to be proven) is true."

This type of argumentation might come off as convincing to those who already agree with him on (insert topic), but if you're within initial disagreement then he's literally done nothing to prove how what he claims is true. He basically just asserted that it is and expects you to accept it.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Deagonx

@xearesay:

the statement "masters of the Overvoid" is most likely referring to their position between the Overvoid and the Multiverse. Serving as masters of what goes in between the Multiverse/flaw and the Overvoid.

Ahh yes, the obvious solution of interpretting the statement to mean anything but what it actually says.

Even under that interpretation, your conclusion is not supported. Being an interface between the Multiverse and the Overvoid doesn't place them "at the Overvoid's level" for the purposes of a fight, since they're literally fodder to the Overvoid.

I also notice that you're catching on to Deagons dogmatic and fallacious argumentative tactic. He's committing an informal fallacy called begging the question. It's basically when you assert the truth of a conclusion without actually supporting/proving the conclusion to be true.

That's an incredibly masturbatory way to say "he's not supporting his claims with evidence" lmao.

Take note of how he did this in my discussion.

Claim: "it invalidates it's veracity."

Reason: "Because they cannot, through any definition of the word, be considered masters of the Overvoid.

This response can be boiled down to the following.

P: It's inaccurate.

C: Therefore it cannot be true.

This is laughable. Not only are you blatantly ignoring my response to this line of reasoning, which included the actual definition of the word master, but your own response accepts my conclusion.

You yourself, at the very beginning of this comment, accept that they are not Masters of the Overvoid, which means you agree with my conclusion. You've resorted to some backwards interpretation of the phrase which still asserts that they aren't the Overvoid's masters, so the fact you're throwing a tantrum over me saying they aren't is particularly childish.

The evidence for my proposition is simple. Per the definition of the word "Master" they would need to control, conquer, or rule over the Overvoid, they don't and have no feats to suggest they can, and have a very firm anti-feat to prove they don't: They were effortlessly killed by the Overvoid. You've done nothing to refute or rebut this evidence.

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By xearesay

@deagonx:

since they're literally fodder to the Overvoid.

No one's saying they're above the Overvoid or exactly equal to it, only that they operate on it's scale. However your reason for them being fodder is flawed in 2 ways.

1. They were literally committing suicide towards the end of the story. If they were committing suicide they wouldn't be putting up any resistance to their own deaths since they'd want to die.

2. Nix Uotan also completely survived and he was the only who wasn't trying to commit suicide.

That's an incredibly masturbatory way to say "he's not supporting his claims with evidence" lmao.

It's not the same thing but whatever.

You yourself, at the very beginning of this comment, accept that they are not Masters of the Overvoid,

How and where did I do that? Because I don't see what you're talking about lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who said that Nil Monitors feed on stories lol?

No Caption Provided
Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xearesay:

No one's saying they're above the Overvoid or exactly equal to it, only that they operate on it's scale

They're literal fodder to the Overvoid, they're nowhere near it.

They were literally committing suicide towards the end of the story.

Wtf are you talking about? Where was it indicated that the Monitors triggered it? Nix seemed to be the only one who was on board with it. And even then, being okay with your impending doom isn't the same as doing it yourself.

No Caption Provided

There is literally no evidence that the Monitors could have prevented their doom or resisted it in any way shape or form. They're fodder to the Overvoid, as evidenced.

Nix Uotan also completely survived and he was the only who wasn't trying to commit suicide.

Nix's survival was literally the Overvoid's choice, and none of the Monitors indicated they were trying to commit suicide. The only person aside from Nix who thought the Monitor's "story should end" was literally called senile right before the Monitors asked Nix to rejoin them with full honors. It makes no sense that they would do that moments before collective suicide. You're just blatantly making shit up.

No Caption Provided

How and where did I do that

At the beginning of your comment, in the exact manner I explained lmao.

"Since they were meant to operate as an interface between the Multiverse and Monitor Mind, the statement "masters of the Overvoid" is most likely referring to their position between the Overvoid and the Multiverse"

So, as I said, they are not masters of the Overvoid. Even if we collectively forget how English works and assume "masters of the Overvoid" meant something completely different from "masters of the Overvoid" your conclusion is still that they do not rule, control, or conquer the Overvoid which is what the word master means, which is what my argument was in the first place.

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

Where was it indicated that the Monitors triggered it?

I never said the Monitors triggered anything I said they committed suicide. As in they deliberately enabled their own deaths.

The only person aside from Nix who thought the Monitor's "story should end" was literally called senile right before the Monitors asked Nix to rejoin them with full honors.

"Encroaching senility." Do you know what encroaching means? It means to intrude or make advances beyond acceptable limits. Meaning he's being called senile for mumbling into the conversation while Nix Uotan is giving his report, not due to the quality of what he said.

At the beginning of your comment, in the exact manner I explained lmao.

How does that comment indicate that I'm not accepting them as "masters of the Overvoid"?

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Deagonx

@xearesay:

I never said the Monitors triggered anything I said they committed suicide.

Do you know what committing suicide means? If you don't activate the means of your own death, it isn't suicide.

As in they deliberately enabled their own deaths.

And how exactly did they do that if they didn't trigger the Overvoid killing them? Oh, and where is the evidence for literally any of this?

"Encroaching senility." Do you know what encroaching means? It means to intrude or make advances beyond acceptable limits. Meaning he's being called senile for mumbling into the conversation

Encroach does not mean to interrupt a conversation. It means to make gradual trespasses. In this context "encroaching senility" refers to the gradual progression of his senility.

Meaning he's being called senile for mumbling into the conversation while Nix Uotan is giving his report, not due to the quality of what he said.

Your assumptions are not evidence. There is no indication the rest of the Monitors agreed with him, nor that they died intentionally.

How does that comment indicate that I'm not accepting them as "masters of the Overvoid"?

In the exact manner I explained, multiple times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f98b2eb38d48
deactivated-5f98b2eb38d48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the past I would've probably said onitors, but now I think I'm leaning to the Celestials since they have more solid feats and the like.

xearesay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't activate the means of your own death, it isn't suicide.

Saids you.

And how exactly did they do that if they didn't trigger the Overvoid killing them?

Why would they need to cause the Overvoid to kill them for their deaths to be of suicide?

Encroach does not mean to interrupt a conversation. It means to make gradual trespasses. In this context "encroaching senility" refers to the gradual progression of his senility.

Your assumptions are not evidence. There is no indication the rest of the Monitors agreed with him, nor that they died intentionally.

No one said it means to "interrupt" a conversation. I said it means to intrude. And no one's denying whether he's senile or not. I'm denying what you're trying to conclude he was called senile for, which is not the quality of what he said, but for mumbling into the conversation while Nix Uotan was giving his report.

"Gradual progression" is not what Encroaching means in this usage. Encroaching literally means "to gradually advance beyond usual or acceptable limits." As in his senility is growing beyond acceptable limits. Which is being brought up because he's interrupting Uotans report, hence why Nix is told to "forgive Monitor Tahoteh." And I see no reason for why the story would have to specify this. If anyone is making an assumption right now, it's you for assuming because he's called senile that the quality of what he said is absurd.

Also going by the logic you're presenting right now, everything SCP 3812 saids is absurd because he's severely mentally ill lol.

In the exact manner I explained, multiple times.

All you did was post my comment and then run off a tangent as if you proved something. What am I asking you to explain is how the comment concludes i'm agreeing with you.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saids you.

Says the definition of suicide lmao.

Why would they need to cause the Overvoid to kill them for their deaths to be of suicide?

Jesus christ. Suicide means to kill oneself. If you don't cause your own death, that's just called dying.

I'm denying what you're trying to conclude he was called senile for, which is not the quality of what he said, but for mumbling into the conversation while Nix Uotan was giving his report.

Your assumptions are not evidence. Even if we accepted this interpretation without any proof, we still wouldn't have evidence that the other Monitors agreed with him, nor that they facilitated their own deaths/deliberately didn't put up a fight.

"Gradual progression" is not what Encroaching means in this usage. Encroaching literally means "to gradually advance beyond usual or acceptable limits." As in his senility is growing beyond acceptable limits.

There is literally no difference between "gradual progression" and "growing beyond acceptable limits" for the purposes of this discussion.

Which is being brought up because he's interrupting Uotans report

Your assumptions are not evidence. It's being brought up because he thinks their story should end.

And I see no reason for why the story would have to specify this.

"I see no reason why there should be any evidence my interpretation is true for me to enforce it as true."

If anyone is making an assumption right now, it's you for assuming because he's called senile that the quality of what he said is absurd.

Lol. Pot meet kettle.

Also going by the logic you're presenting right now, everything SCP 3812 saids is absurd because he's severely mentally ill lol.

We're discussing the opinion of the people around Monitor Tahoteh, not whether or not what he's saying is credible.

What am I asking you to explain is how the comment concludes i'm agreeing with you.

In the exact manner I explained lmao.

"Since they were meant to operate as an interface between the Multiverse and Monitor Mind, the statement "masters of the Overvoid" is most likely referring to their position between the Overvoid and the Multiverse"

So, as I said, they are not masters of the Overvoid. Even if we collectively forget how English works and assume "masters of the Overvoid" meant something completely different from "masters of the Overvoid" your conclusion is still that they do not rule, control, or conquer the Overvoid which is what the word master means, which is what my argument was in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deagonx:

She was wrong because we can demonstrate that she was wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not you think it makes sense for her to say that. She did say it. It's right there on panel.

"It does not matter whether or not you think it makes sense" is only true when you take everything literally and are not expected to have a brain and be able to interpret anything. You thinking that she was wrong is based on your biased interpretation in the first place.

@xearesay lol got em.

Yes, it is. Your interpretation requires completing butchering the English language.

I have yet to see the rules stating that "masters of" cannot exist in a sense that mentioned. As far as I know, the word "of" allows me to do that. Stop going in circles I asked you for evidence many times so either pull out that English rule or stop bringing up the topic.

There's no evidence they "teach" the Overvoid anything. So not only does your interpretation require bad English, but it requires assumptions about things that aren't shown on panel.

Lol Overvoid literally created the Monitors to examine and study the multiverse and to act as an interface between him and the Multiverse. For whom if not for himself he needed that? Something that makes sense does not need to be shown on panel to be accepted, the same as not everything that is on panel should be taken literally or without a doubt.

In the end, "Masters of the Overvoid" is probably not even meant to be taken literally, but more like a nickname, especially when Zillo Valla was explicitly introducing herself and her kind, "Except by us. My people, Monitors of Nil. Masters of the Overvoid". Do you literally take the names "Star-Lord", "Galaxy Master", "Master of the World", "Vulcan", "Black Panther", "Iron Man"?

@xearesay yes it seems he debates only to debate anything. He even replies always almost instantaneously as if he sits there in front of his computer all the time, spamming the refresh page button.

Deagonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Deagonx

is only true when you take everything literally and are not expected to have a brain and be able to interpret anything

This isn't a matter of literal vs metaphorical. This is just simple English syntax and the meaning of the word "master."

I have yet to see the rules stating that "masters of" cannot exist in a sense that mentioned

The idea that someone should pull up a "rule" for a certain phrase and it's usage is laughable. Any native English speaker knows what "Masters of" refers to. The fact that you don't just tells me you aren't a native speaker, or your education system failed you.

Lol Overvoid literally created the Monitors to examine and study the multiverse and to act as an interface between him and the Multiverse. For whom if not for himself he needed that?

Having someone research something for you doesn't make them your teacher, and it certainly doesn't make them your master.

In the end, "Masters of the Overvoid" is probably not even meant to be taken literally, but more like a nickname,

I'm aware, it's their title for themselves. But as demonstrated, it's false.

He even replies always almost instantaneously as if he sits there in front of his computer all the time, spamming the refresh page button.

Almost like there's a global pandemic going on which has me furloughed from work, and I get email notifications when I'm tagged in things.