CaV: Zealot (HigherPower) vs Black Panther (Darthjhawk)

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By HigherPower

Lady Zannah

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

T'Challa

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard gear and morals
  • No prep, random encounter
  • Wildstorm/N52 Zealot, 616 Panther
  • Fight to KO, incap or death
  • Start 50m apart and visible

No Caption Provided

Voters:

• Please refrain from posting your opinion on the match until it's done.
  • Ask to be tagged if you wished to be tagged for voting.
  • Don't vote on who you think is more powerful, but on who had the better arguments.
  • When giving your vote, give an explanation on why you think the person won
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c
deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Noice. I'll be up asap

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. You guys actually decided on something? T4V.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like this matchup. Tag for every post.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^

Darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: Alright my friend, lets get this started. There will be some familiar things here as well as some new. Hope its a good read.

The King of the Wakandas: T'challa the Black Panther

No Caption Provided

Character Rundown: An Introduction to Black Panther

Loading Video...
Black PantherThe Rundown
Character Bio

T'Challa is the Black Panther – a righteous king, noble Avenger, and fearsome warrior. Under his leadership, the African nation of Wakanda has flourished as one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. And though he’s a card-carrying member of the Avengers, his first loyalty lies with his people, and he will defend them to his last breath.

First AppearanceFantastic Four #52
Latest AppearanceBlack Panther Vol 7 #10
Powers & Abilities
  • Master Armed & Unarmed Combatant
  • Superhuman Physical Characteristics
  • King of the Dead
  • Access to Extremely Advanced Technology

Engaging the Debate I: Gear & Equipment Advantage

So let me first establish all of the gear and equipment that T'challa is bringing to the table. I'm establishing now that I will be using an amalgam of Vibranium tech shown from the Priest Era and the Coates Era As well as the gear established under Hickman's run. The suit/armor that T'challa is using here is his Vibranium Microweave Mesh Panther Habit that was first brought into prominence in Black Panther Volume 3, written by Christopher Priest. The suit is known for its unique properties of durability and kinetic energy absorption famously allowing T'challa to take hits and attacks that would normally be above his paygrade. A well-know recent example is how the suit allowed T'challa to tank and absorb a blow from Namor the Sub- Mariner:

Rise of the Black Panther #2
Rise of the Black Panther #2

Notice how the suit absorbs the full impact of Namor's punch, the influx of purple energy being the key, it also shows up again in the third panel to display that the suit can redirect the absorbed kinetic energy into an explosion of power, like in an area of effect fashion here (Black Panther Vol. 6 #1) and like an Iron Man repulsor here. (Black Panther Vol. 6 #3). In terms of keeping consistent in my usage of cross era feats, I will also be showing that suit allowed T'challa to tank the explosion of a building while even protecting on his Hatut Zeraze(Black Panther Vol. 3 #4) In essence as far as defense, I will be relying on the feats of the Panther Habit as well as T'challa's own raw durability & endurance to make my case.

Now as for the rest of his gear, T'challa employs his well known offensive and defensive gadgets. Mainly of the following:

• Vibranium Energy Daggers: (The Ultimates 2 #2) One of Panther's favorite weapons, energy constructed blades. T'challa has the ability to gauge between power levels, releasing a beam, powerful enough to slice through various structures and foes. This weapon can also be fired as a projectile. These can be used to great effect against Zealot not only to their general capability of fighting weapon to weapon, but also by means of affecting the nervous system as well. Most importantly he has shown he can turn these into a full on sword, which he should be able to use to match Zealot's own sword.
  • Antarctic Vibranium Metal Claws: (Black Panther Vol. 3 #42) Another of T'challa's favorite weapons. These bad boys are made out of Antarctic Vibranium, more colloquially known as Anti-Metal. They are called that because the break down any metal or metal like substance down on a molecular level. Due to its unique properties and sharpness, I have no doubt that they will be able to slice through Zealot and deal some serious damage.
  • Kimoyo Technology: (The Ultimates #2) One of, if not the most notable pieces of technology Wakandans have access to. It allows T'challa to communicate with and use technology not unlike a technopath. This can be used to mess with potential technology Zealot might have should the opportunity arise. That along with a couple of other options should the need arise.
  • Vibranium Energy Shield: (Avengers Vol.8 #17) T'Challa has been shown using a small shield comprised of vibrainium, to defend himself and others as part of his standard gear. The shield has shown a good display of feats and can protect T'challa should the suit alone not suffice.

Culmination of Technology:

Something slightly new I wanted to try where I show a feat I like that demonstrates how effective T'challa can be with his arsenal. For this instance:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Black Panther vs Deadpool #2

As far as general combat training, T'challa uses some of the most notable Avengers. Now before we get crazy, know that these are only hard light simulations, so while they aren't as powerful as the actual Cap, IM, and Hulk, this is still an impressive showing of combat prowess and gear usage. For one he defeats the Cap physically then, obscures Stark's Vision, blasting him with an energy dagger, then showcases his agility against the Hulk simulation using an electric shock to put it down. This showcases T'challa's capabilities to use his gear in tandem with physicality to gain a leg up on his opponents

Of course there any other pieces and built in gear for T'challa's suit as well such as his energy dampening boots, and what not. However I will discuss and debate those as I see fit. Along with skills, physicals, and intelligence T'challa has developed a solid instinct for knowing how best to utilize his technology along with having years of experience in their use. That combination bears a very keen edge that T'challa can and will exploit to the best of his advantage in this matchup.

Engaging the Debate II: Physicality Advantage

Now it's likely that you will argue that Zealot has a physical advantage, but I would like to see just how much of a perceived advantage they may have. Either way both will have a tough time engaging T'challa in battle. Now as far as speed, I want to clearly establish T'challa as a bullet timer as he some pretty clear cut feats of dodging bullet-like projectiles.

Avengers Vol. 1 #87
Avengers Vol. 1 #87

The exact panels I want to reference are the two on the bottom of the page. Note how in the first panel, we see the A.I.M goon clearly fire his shot while T'challa is fighting the others off, (actually dodging another shot from a disadvantageous position on the previous page, making it more impressive by moving fast enough to leave afterimages in the first panel.) In the next panel on the bottom right, T'challa quite clearly dodges it rather easily, moving after the gun is fired, both parties noting in his speed. This is a great showing of not only reaction speed, but also combat speed.

To put my point into perspective, bullet timing speed shows great reaction speed, but not necessarily combat speed whereas moving and attacking fast enough to create afterimages which is essentially tricking the visual nerve into believing a stimulus is still there is much more impressive and clear cut. Finally I'd also like to point out T'challa's combat agility. Panther can move like nearly no other can. And exploiting that agility with his speed enables to essentially dance around his opponents and maneuver then into a postilion favorable to his victory like he did in his very first appearance, outfighting Classic Johnny Storm. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #52). Or like how here T'challa overwhelms an opponent, despite being initially caught off guard and being in a disadvantageous position through sheer usage of the aforementioned agility. (Jungle Action Vol. 2 #7) What makes that last feat especially impressive is that T'challa not only moved faster than he could react or see, he also completely changed positions with Venomm. Now T'challa definitely has more feats, however I'll start with this to keep consistent with my post.

=========================================================

Next I'd like to establish T'challa as a multi-tonner in strength. This is through fighting characters of that level such as M'baku the Man-Ape and Erik Killmonger, two of his most well-known and powerful enemies. However my key piece of evidence is that T'challa can strike hard enough to completely tear through a person's body. As seen here:

New Avengers Vol. 3 #1
New Avengers Vol. 3 #1

Here we see T'challa, with a punch, tear not only through this soldier's armor but his entire body in itself. Punching through someone's entire body like that is actually pretty damn impressive, especially when this was confirmed by the writer, Johnathan Hickman that T'challa practically ripped him in half. Another notable striking feat to me occurs when Panther, with his final blow knocks American Panther to the ground with such force that it creates a sizable crater within the concrete.(Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #523). This is really impressive when you consider the fact that not only was T'challa depowered of his typical strength here, but also that not with a throw or a slam, but with a punch, T'challa was able to send a human body down with such force that it created a crater and uprooted the concrete. And this is consistent with his strength as even during his classic days with the Avengers T'challa has shown multi ton strength like heaving massive boulders without much strain and using trees as spears:

The Avengers Vol.1 #61
The Avengers Vol.1 #61

Solid striking and strength feats to start us off, and again like before, T'challa definitely has more feats, but I'll bring them up as needed. These alone should give him something to work with here.

=======================================================

Now on to T'challa's endurance & durability. Well I'd like to bring in one of his most consistent types of feats, from when he battles Erik Killmonger:

Black Panther Vol. 3 #20
Black Panther Vol. 3 #20

This battle in particular lasted well over 12 hours, with short breaks in between. Still a solid showing of durability and endurance in my opinion since Killmonger can casually kill a African Bull Elephant with a charge and press. On average a full grown elephant can weigh well over 5 tons. And Killmonger can not only deck one, but kill it casually. This is the kind of strength T'challa dealt with for hours, even without the aid of his suit and overpowering him at points throughout the battle, even having him defeated until he was distracted by Everett Ross.

Culmination of Physicality:

As shown with Gear; I wanted to highlight a specific instance which I think brings together T'challa's physical prowess quite nicely, durability notwithstanding. In particular I wanted to highlight a recent instance, where Panther overwhelmed Deadpool without much struggle:

Black Panther vs Deadpool #1
Black Panther vs Deadpool #1

From an apparent non-combat stance, T'challa was shown to dodge a double slash from Wade then entirely reverse his position to a handstand whilst kicking him in the face, then within the same motion flip back upright, grab Wade and throw him into the wall while he was still in the air. Even causing a sizable cratering to boot. Overall this, in my opinion is a great showing that shows not only T'challa's physical power, but also a showcase of general skill as well as overall combat speed. So what's the exigence? Well from this we can gather that T'challa can showcase speed on the level of the best and most consistent street levelers in Marvel has to offer, as well as the physical power to harm them, be it through grapples or strikes, as well as the durability to hang in the fight.

=========================================================

Engaging the Debate III: Sensory & Combat Prowess Advantage

Now before I go full on into the the skill argument, I want to cover T'challa' senses, as made obvious by my header. To begin illustrating my point there is a scan from Robbie Thompson's Spidey that I want to reference. Specifically issue 7:

No Caption Provided

With his enhanced senses T'challa is more than capable of sensing attacks before they reach him. This is a combination of his enhanced hearing and sense of smell mainly. They afford him key moments that not only enhance his overall skill, but also speed. Take for instance here:

No Caption Provided

In a situation where T'challa could not see, hear, or even smell the Winter Soldier, T'challa was shown to be able to evade his attack cleanly by hearing the rush of air from his attack. Using his sense to detect and evade attacks other's do not see coming is a key staple for T'challa's senses:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
  • Scan 1: Is able to sense the approach, warn and evade incoming attack on himself, the FF, and Doctor Doom before Doom himself could see them coming. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #312)
  • Scan 2: By hearing the sliding of a metal panel, T'challa is able to anticipate and evade a sudden blow from the Man-Ape that he couldn't see coming. (The Avengers #78)
  • Scan 3: Is able to sense and notice the Grandmaster's return and approach before Classic Kang could take notice. (The Avengers #69
  • Scan 4: When the Avengers are teleported into WWII, T'challa is able to sense an incoming fireball from Jim Hammond and move Hank Pym out of the way.

I think that should suffice to demonstrate the capabilities of T'challa's senses. In terms of applying it to battle think of it like an RPG or even a MOBA like League of Legends. Its a passive ability that's always active, he is constantly listening and taking input in. Be it in or out of combat. And as shown throughout my post, he can put it to good use. Now I would like to go into a full skill section, but since I'm not knowledgable on Zealot and for effort of keeping this post as concise as possible I'll refrain from a full tangent right now. Instead I'll wait until you get your post up, so we can then have the full discussion. I think this should suffice to start us off.

Opening Argument and Thoughts: Showcasing the Black Panther

So coming into this matchup I want to establish a few things of note that are key to my argument, that I felt I have proven and will continue to try and prove as this debate goes on.

• T'challa should be Zealot's match in physical prowess. He has numerous feats of taking on, matching, and defeating the best of the best, be it through physical stats, his senses or exploiting his technological advantage
  • T'challa has an edge in gear versatility & potency, and while I won't say its better than Zealot just yet; I will say T'challa is more than willing to use all of his gear to its maximum potential, meaning he can put Zealot in a world of hurt at any point in the battle.
  • Last but not least, T'challa's mindset, strategy, and tactics in combat give him an edge here that has afforded him victory over opponents that are even his superior. He will do what needs to be done.

So I used this post to show what T'challa is capable of. Mainly to present his core advantages from the very start. So that leads us to the question of the day. Can BP match up to Zealot? I think he can.Which would naturally lead to asking, "okay so how?". My answer to that is that T'challa offers the best of both worlds. That being that T'challa possesses great martial arts skill, at least the physicals to compete, arguably the best tactical mind on the field, and also the versatility in gear to offer an edge that Lady Zannah cannot easily replicate nor overcome.

Another key factor that I mentioned and went into some detail earlier is T'challa's combat agility. T'challa has shown a prowess in agility that affords a sizable boost to his combat speed & overall skill. Being able to contort and move his body in ways that don't involve just dodging or punching faster than his opponent offers a distinct tactical edge that makes up in areas that he may come up short in. Couple that with his mind and application of skill & gear and we have a powerhouse of a character that is a definite challenge to overcome for the opposing team. One of T'challa's main applications of his mind is through observing his enemy, pinpointing the flaws/weaknesses in their arsenal, and using everything in his resources to exploit those flaws and weaknesses. That combination of intellect, physicality, & gear has allowed T'challa to take on, compete, and even defeat opponents on or above his level on a variety of levels.

At the end of the day, I think this has the makings of a great matchup A couple of things to expect next post are expansions on T'challa's combat skill, strategic mind (especially mid-battle), counters to Zealot's arsenal and further ways I believe he can win. Good luck to you with your post!

Darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Cracks knuckles*

No Caption Provided

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not disappointed in the slightest, lets goooooooooooo

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HigherPower

@darthjhawk: I want you and the readers to view this post as a sort of highlight reel, a tapestry of power woven from Zealot's greatest hits. These showings are gleaned primarily from Zannah's appearances with the Wildcats. The collection presented before you all today is a light intro formed under time constraints, but irregardless, I'll try to match your tone seeing how your post was very detailed and informative. Having said that, I have a fewer number of feats to work with, and was only recently integrated to the Wildstorm universe (I wouldn't place confidence in my knowledge matching the long-reigning experts).

Table of Contents

1. Introduction // Forsaken Priestess
  2. Gear // Blade of The Immortal
  3. Skill // The Kherub Coda
  4. Concluding Thoughts

Lady Zannah of Khera

No Caption Provided

1.0 - Introduction // The Forsaken Priestess

Zealot, real name Lady Zannah, was the daughter of the High Priest of Khera, Harmony. It is said that her name means "Holy Death without hesitation", which is extremely befitting, seeing as she was born a warrior who centered her very being around the passion of battle. So much so that her drive and adoration to be a warrior in combat triggered the tragedy of her origin. You see, the Kherubim are an ancient race who's culture revolves around the customs, laws, and rituals set in stone by the god Hecate. Female Kherub's of the upper class are separated at birth from men, and trained in the art of war. Zannah emerged as a prodigy, her talent completely unrivaled among all those who opposed her. Unfortunately, despite her natural aptitude for bloodletting, the law on Khera dictated a mandatory tradition that would force her to abandon life as a warrior.

Because Kherub's are virtually immortal, children are next to never born. Female conception is a rare occurrence. It is stated that very few Kherub women are even fertile, and those capable of conceiving only do so during their first mating. One in ten thousand women will give birth, and the mother of that child must become a high priestess, forsaking the life of a warrior lest they are executed by the High Council. The mate is chosen by the Elders from nobility, and they two never meet each other until they make love. Majestros was selected to become Zannah's mate, and Zannah was impregnated. But she told her mother that she would rather die than forsake the life of a warrior. So when Zannah went into labor and gave birth to the child, Harmony dropped the black flag that signaled the death of the baby. However, in reality the baby had lived, but Harmony had took the child as her own (named Kenesha) and she was raised as Zannah's sister. Taken directly from the Wildstorm Winter Special.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
Wildstorm Winter Special #1

She was later stranded on Earth thousands of years ago, after her ship the Explorer crash landed as a result of a battle with Daemonites (a race of aliens hellbent on world domination, you'll hear about them a lot). Zealot survived thanks to her then-lover Stratos, who put her into an escape pod. Then Zannah, along with some other survivors, were scattered throughout the Earth and forced to hide among the human population. Kherubim are identical to humans, so the assimilation was easy, but Daemonites also withheld the ability to possess and/or shapeshift into people, causing them to integrate into society as well. So the war between Daemonites and Kherub's continued to be wage for the next several thousand years in secret.

Zealot was one of the founding members of the Coda, which is better described as a sisterhood of assassins based in Ancient Greece. She fought with them for a while and trained many prominent Coda assassins until she was ousted as a traitor. Eventually, Zannah grew tired of killing and joined the Wildcats to carry on her everlasting battle against the Daemonites, more specifically the Cabal at some points.

2.0 - Gear // The Blade of the Immortal

While this section is purposed for gear, I think a brief overview of Zannah's physicals are still in order. Here she blocks four shots from one of Grifter's firearms at close range after they are fired.

WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams (1992) #16

I think this is a solid feat because a lot of Grifter's tech are custom made by Halo (Jacob Marlowe's corporation) including the standard VAD PP30 which is a semi-automatic particle pulse weapon that fires 44mm explosive shells with deadly accuracy.

WildC.A.T.S Sourcebook #1
WildC.A.T.S Sourcebook #1

A lot of Daemonite tech is very similar in both appearance and mechanism, and Zannah has had no trouble blocking those shots while running towards the shooter and blitzing them.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

These are standalone feats, through scaling she is actually much faster. Same way you showed Panther reacting to Deadpool and then outmaneuvering him before he could respond, I feel obliged to show some of Zannah's showings against some of Wildstorm's best.

Starting with Backlash, Zannah has been shown to be able to hold her own against him in h2h, getting beaten eventually, but then taking the W after she donned a sword.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
Wildcore #3

Marc is a very casual bullet timer and has danced around shots from Savage Dragon until he ran out of ammo.

Backlash #3
Backlash #3

Zealot has also defeated Grifter in CQC, and I believe that she may have been toying with him at points with the kisses and licking of his face and what not.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
Wildcats vol. 2 (1999) #23

Cole can dodge bullets at close range, and on top of that was trained by Zealot herself in the precepts of the Coda. So Zannah being able to cut both his weapons in half—after they were drawn but before he could pull the trigger—kneeing him in the face to leak a stream of blood before kissing him, as well as do literal cartwheels over his body, dodge his swings, and land a double kick to the chest is a great showing of fluid skill in action.

These are fairly low end, however. The biggest testament to Zannah's speed is probably this exclamation from Captain Atom.

Captain Atom: Armageddon #4

She was able to surprise Captain Atom with his speed. And in case you're wondering, yes this is indeed Nathaniel Adam.

For a combination of strength, speed and skill, I think this one brief skirmish she had with both Warblade and Maul at the same time is actually really solid and probably overlooked.

WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams (1992) #2
WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams (1992) #2

She was outpacing Warblade and then punched him down. Immediately thereafter, Zealot was put in a headlock by Maul, but was strong enough to break free and kick him in the gut hard enough to make him double over. I use Maul's intelligence rather than his size to gauge how powerful he is at any given moment, but the scaling is pretty damn clear cut here since in the same issue (pages earlier in fact), Jeremy was holding up a MIRV unit so inspections could be performed on it, following the Wildcats escape from I/O after the botched rescue of Voodoo from a nightclub.

No Caption Provided

The MIRV is Wildcats Warplane, and it can split up into 6 sub-units. The jet engines of a single unit weigh from 35,000 lbs (17 tons) up to 205,000 lbs (102.5 tons).

No Caption Provided

Another detailed entry:

No Caption Provided

On average, Maul being upper double digit to class 100 tons in raw strength while not even at full size is perfectly consistent. Like, at those sizes (where he's still intelligent enough to make smart comments) Maul stated that his fist had the mass of an aircraft carrier. So just lifting his fists is a crazy feat for strength.

So Zealot not being crushed by that headlock in the first place is impressive in more ways than one. In fact, in the previous issue, Maul punched Warblade hard enough to blast him through the thick reinforced steel walls of the MIRV's hangar room, a punch which Reno totally tanked.

No Caption Provided

But you may mention that our two characters won't be grappling or whatever, as that's not really their inherent fighting styles. But just know that in terms of strength and speed, Zannah can match T'Challa feat-for-feat and has been shown throwing down physically when the need arises. Even when armed with swords, like when she struck Majestros hard enough to send him flying into a wall and causing a fairly large crater.

WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams (1992) #36
WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams (1992) #36

Majestic himself was obviously not hurt, but I mean, that's a steel wall that got crumpled after she smacked someone into it while that person was many meters away. Not as impressive as Jeremy's punch against Reno though... at least, not until you realist that Majestros >>>> Reno lol.

Lastly for durability, I feel obligated to post these two feats in response to the showing you dropped of Panther tanking building busting explosions in his suit. Zannah has replicated that. Here when Alexander stabbed at Zealot and Tapestry with a Coda Clef Blade, there was a release of energy that resulted (so Zannah was at the epicenter) and collapsed a building, but she was unharmed.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams (1992) #13

Now onto the actual gear. Zannah really only needs her two Kusar blades for this fight. Based on the way you formatted your post, you are arguing a gear advantage with comparable skill and physicals. I think I've proven that Zannah currently holds an advantage in physicals, based on the feats that you've posted, but many people would default to you if asked who has an advantage in gear.

I think that's due mostly to the fact you have more items at your disposal than I do, and all are attractive to the eye. However, quality over quantity. I believe that a Kusar blade can be used to put BP down.

Kusar Blades are Kherubim weapons forged on Khera. They are impossibly sharp seeing as they can cut on the molecular (or by Zealot's admission) sub-atomic level. Here Jeremy goes sub-molecular and shrinks down to the smallest atomic particle on Earth in order to avoid being cut by Zannah's sword, after stating it could cut anything down to the molecular level.

Wildcats vol. 3 (2008) #25
Wildcats vol. 3 (2008) #25

But the clincher is that they actual come with feats of cutting through high tiers rather easily. The most famous instance is Majestic proved the sharpness of a Kusar blade by pricking his thumb with a light touch.

Majestic #7
Majestic #7

And Zannah also downed Helspont with a slash.

Majestic #11
Majestic #11

Equally impressive is Zealot blocking a punch from Helspont with the blade, while, in the same panel, Helspont delivered a punch against Majestros that hit him where it hurt.

No Caption Provided

She has also blocked heat vision from Majestros with them.

Wildcats (2008) #16
Wildcats (2008) #16

Lastly, Zealot used the blade to absorb/divert(??) an energy blast from Captain Atom. Also makes some interesting statements about it's capabilities.

No Caption Provided

If a Kusar blade can consistently breach the durability of Superman level characters and combats energy attacks from high tiers + cuts on a molecular level, I don't see any reason why they can't cut through T'Challa's vibranium suit as well as his energy shields.

The only problem really are the Antartic Vibranium claws. But I have one very simple and solid counter to that:

The claws are horrendously short compared to her swords.

Reach isn't something that most people immediately take into consideration when playing fights like this in their heads. But think about it. What are the odds of T'Challa destroying both her swords with *claws* before she could slash him at least once?

There's a huge difference in reach between a pair of claws and a pair of swords. Black Panther would risk getting both his hands cut off considering how skilled Zealot is with her blades. Which is why I don't think it's smart to argue that he'd attack the swords. His fingers would end up like Grifter's guns.

No Caption Provided

3.0 - Skill // The Kherub Coda

Honestly, I'm going to keep this section extremely short and dispense scans (until asked for) because I think the entire debate will focus on gear and skill, and skill in particular is one of those intangible discussion points that churn out a lot of brain candy.

To be candid, Zealot is one of the best fighters in the entire WSU, and being a Kherub grants her extremely long life to the point of nigh-immortality. So she has been on Earth for thousands upon thousands of years, and has centered her very existence around combat. Zealot has mastered every martial art known to man, and many alien ways of fighting as well. She also helped established the Coda, which is like a sorority of assassins (bitch sorority as Cole puts it).

If you request them, notable feats I'll post include

• Beating up and then killing Batman in the Dreamwar crossover
  • Stomping over a dozen Coda members in vol. 2 of Wildcats
  • Her fights against Nemesis
  • General statements and accolades

Din't want to drop another scan bomb this soon :P

4.0 - Concluding Thoughts

This is a very close match, but overall, I think Zealot has what it takes to win a majority. You pressed agility and senses among other things, but Zannah has enhanced hearing as well, which I think is found in the scan of her scuffle with Jeremy and Reno. I'll repost that and the Wildstorm special for access.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
Wildstorm Winter Special #1
No Caption Provided

Neither of those things are foreign to Zannah, but there's one considerable edge she should have over BP which is experience. She was a prodigious fighter trained from birth in the art of War, and she corroborated this by stating she has millenia (plural) of combat experience.

No Caption Provided

I just think that's hard to beat when given how comparable they are in all other categories.

So to recap,

- Zealot is stronger than Black Panther based on the feats presented.

- She is comparably fast and durable.

- If they are even in skill, then the tie-breaker will be experience which she owns in.

- Kusar Blades should be more than capable of cutting through the Vibranium suit and putting Panther down.

Good luck, and may the best man win :)

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap HP is hitting back. This is heating up.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By blackspidey2099

T4V