Rules

• In character
  • No prior knowledge
  • Random encounter
  • Both start 20 ft. from each other

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18255 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Floopay (11177 posts) - - Show Bio

Coolio, two of my favorite Marvels. Tag me after posts.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#4 Posted by Rac95 (4348 posts) - - Show Bio

TAEV please

#5 Posted by Lan_Fan (12691 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after every post.

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (16601 posts) - - Show Bio

Tav

#7 Edited by WonderBread (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when X-23 was actually a cool character, oh how far she has fallen... T4V

Edit: Nvm just remembered Black Spider-Boy lost to Grandpa Wolvie

#9 Posted by JSDoctor (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after each post.

#10 Posted by Amcu (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag after every post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#11 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura Kinney /// X-23

No Caption Provided

X-23 was a biological female twin to the original Weapon X, Wolverine. For years she proved to be a notable assassin for Weapon X until a series of tragedies eventually lead to her freedom and her now being her own person.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Marvel Universe Handbook: X-Men (2005)

Powers/Abilities/Skills

• Adamantium Laced claws
  • Healing factor and superhuman pain endurance
  • Combat genius
  • Super Senses

Why Laura wins:

Laura's main advantage is the fight is that Miles is gonna need multiple hits to put down Laura while Laura only needs to cut him with a deep enough flesh wound or cut his hamstrings something she's been starting to do ever since her no killing rule.(1) (2). Also worth noting the guy in the second scan could throw a cement truck a good distance which would put him on a similar strength level to Miles

Reflexes

Here's one of Laura's biggest advantages in this fight, Laura's speed is pretty close to superhuman she's not only capable of reacting to bullets but even outpacing them in short bursts while wearing metal armour covering from head to toe

All-New Wolverine #29

for consistency we've seen her flip over bullets from two assault rifles (roughly 2.6 times the speed of sound) at point blank without even having visual stimulus on the shooters, deflecting a bullet at point blank with her claws, and dodging a bullet from 5 feet away after its fired from an invisible target

X-23: Target X #3
X-23: Target X #3

All New Wolverine #10
All New Wolverine #10

New X-men Vol. 2 #27
New X-men Vol. 2 #27

We've also seen that she can perceive & identify armour piercing rounds passing by her which travel faster than most bullets

these feats may not be as good as outpacing a bullet but they do show some consistency with her speed reflex wise and I think they're enough to prove Miles is going to be hard pressed tagging her with webbing if he can at all.

Combat Speed

Generations: Wolverine & All-New Wolverine
Generations: Wolverine & All-New Wolverine

The above panel is a statement from Earth 616 Wolverine regarding Laura's speed describing Laura as not only faster in combat but more precise and deadly with her attacks the above is also supported by standalone feats which I'll go over and her outperforming the original Wolverine's animal killing performance by 3 minutes and 24 seconds

https://imgur.com/a/fugGm9u

What makes this more impressive is that she did this at the age of 11, in current continuity she should be somewhere around 21

Here are other really nice speed feats for her

This one is pretty simple, in these panels, she moves so fast she's able to cut the head of a trained soldier before he even knows what happens, the guy looking at his buddy doesn't even perceive her moving.

X-23: Target X #1
X-23: Target X #1

This next feat is Laura as a little girl and as such not as fast as she is currently. We see Laura draw her claws jump into the air and kill 2 people in a fraction of a second after the camera flash and before it disappears. This speed feat is practically superhuman

X-23 #3

These feats are using her crazy speeds to cut off the limbs of superhuman opponents faster than their eyes can follow. She does this to Rockslide turning around and cutting off his arm with her foot claw and The Collecter stabbing him in the neck before he even realizes her presence and then decapitating him again moving to fast for him to see what hit him.

New X-Men Vol. 2 #23//X-23 (II) #19

I think all this gives Laura a solid edge, from what I've read from Miles he doesn't even have a clear-cut bullet timing feat as of yet nor does he have anything too special combat speed wise.

Damage Soak

As well as speed here's another reason why Laura will prevail over Miles even if he could manage to get past her already impressive blunt force durability he still has no way to overcome her healing factor physically at least.

This is a good example of her blunt force durability without the usage of her healing factor in the following she's bullrushed through at least four walls on panel. Two made of metal and the other two made of concrete

X-23 (II) #15

This to my knowledge already tops Miles' best striking feat to date and she didn't even need her healing factor for it.

Her fight with Lady Deathstrike is a good showing of both her healing factor and her strategic mind

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
New X-Men #35

In this fight, she plays possum purposely allowing herself to be gutted by Deathstrike (third scan first panel you can literally see her insides are falling out) and then in the span of a half a page she makes a full recovery and proceeds to wreck her shit.

In these sets of scans, we see her pushing through a massive amount of electrical voltage which is continuously disintegrating her skin despite that she keeps pushing through it to get to her sister. In the end, the generator explodes and she's launched hundreds of meters backwards and has most of her skin fried which she regenerates back from in seconds.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
X-23(2018) #4

I'm also using this encounter against her electricity tolerance as a counter to Miles' venom sting. These scans should set a good baseline for her overall durability.

Strategy

Like I mentioned earlier Laura only needs to land one strike on Miles with her adamantium claws she'll shread his skin and with a much superior speed gap she can avoid all of Miles' attacks and land her own. Since neither fighter here has prior knowledge on the other she won't hold back against Miles any more than she would against one of her usual enemies either.

@amcu: @jsdoctor: @lan_fan: @rac95:

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#12 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17357 posts) - - Show Bio

TIL being able to outpace bullets isn’t superhuman, only close to superhuman.

#13 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#15 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

character 2 wins based on anything but feats for this match

#16 Posted by Kevd4wg (12519 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V pls

#17 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4195 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#18 Posted by Amendment50 (15179 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#19 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria:

Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Speed/Agility

X-23 is fast but I would argue Spider-Man is capable of keeping up with her.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

1.Miles is fast enough to easily block bullets with his webbing after being fired( Spider-Geddon issue #1)

2. Shows off his agility by dodging attacks from Earth 65 Ringer in Spider-Man(2016) issue #12.

3. Is told by Iron Man that he has to destroy an ancient artifact in a microsecond to prevent an army from getting through a portal and is successful( All New All Different Avengers issue #3)

4. Dodges an explosion point blank from bombshell in Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #26.

5. Dodges sniper rounds from the Winter Soldier in Thunderbolts (2016) issue #5

6. Dodges assault gunfire from several shield agents in Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #15

Strength

Lifting

I don't believe there will be much argument on who is stronger here but in case there is any doubt.

All New Ultimates issue #10
All New Ultimates issue #10

Here Miles shows he is strong enough to lift a large truck for an extended period of time(with no visible strain)which is something X-23 has no feats to say she could come close to replicating.

Striking

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

1-2. Draws blood from and hurts Hammerhead with his punches. Keep in mind this is Hammerhead after receiving his adamantium skeleton( Spider-Man issue #17 )

3. Staggers and draws blood from Ultimate Green Goblin( Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man issue #4 )

Versatility

Webbing

1-2. His webbing is strong enough to hold multiple cars and school buses, Spider-Man (2016) issue #1

3. Restrains an enraged Ms.Marvel( Champions issue #8) who is strong enough to support multiple train cars( Champions issue #1)

4. Is able to create energy webbing strong enough to restrain Aaron Davis in the Iron Spider, Spider-Man (2016) issue #236.

Camouflage

Has the ability to camouflage himself making him pretty much invisible.

Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #11
Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #11

Spider-sense

1-2. Miles' spider sense is capable of distinguishing between dozens of opponents who is and isn't a threat(All New, All different avengers issue #6).

3. Spider sense warns him about a car thrown at him by Omega Red(Ultimate Spider-Man issue #7).

4. Allows him to avoid machine gunfire from multiple war machines( Ultimate Spider-Man issue #17).

Venom blast

1. One shots Scorpion with a venom blast in Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #11. Keep in mind just five issues before this Mac Gargan was shown to be able to no sell high amounts of electricity.
  2. One shots Ox in Amazing Spider-Man (2015) issue #1.
  3. Takes down 616 Spider-Man with a venom blast(Spider-Men issue #2).
  4. Brings down Venom(with Flash Thompson as the host) with a couple venom blasts in Civil War II issue #5.

Counters

Laura's main advantage is the fight is that Miles is gonna need multiple hits to put down Laura while Laura only needs to cut him with a deep enough flesh wound or cut his hamstrings something she's been starting to do ever since her no killing rule.

Well first I would like to point out that while Laura won't be defenseless against Miles' camouflage I do think she would have trouble dealing with it. We see that X-23,while capable of sensing people she can't see, did struggle somewhat in Captain universe issue X-23 and ended up receiving help from the uni power.

She could clearly sense the general area they were in, but not their exact location otherwise she would have blitzed and killed them all as she shows in that comic she had no problem killing people.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So whenever Miles uses his invisibility he would have an advantage over X-23 as I see it.

Also worth noting the guy in the second scan could throw a cement truck a good distance which would put him on a similar strength level to Miles

So? How is that relevant?

Speed

and I think they're enough to prove Miles is going to be hard pressed tagging her with webbing if he can at all.

If this is a matter of if Miles' webbing is fast enough to tag Laura, then I don't see why they aren't. Peter's webbing for example has already tagged Laura in the past.

Marvel team-up  (2004) issue #5
Marvel team-up (2004) issue #5

This is noteworthy since Miles' webshooters that he has now are an improved model of Peter's webshooters.

Amazing Spider-Man(2015) issue #13

At worst the webbing speed for his webshooters should be similar to the ones that Peter tagged Laura with already.

These feats are using her crazy speeds to cut off the limbs of superhuman opponents faster than their eyes can follow. She does this to Rockslide turning around and cutting off his arm with her foot claw and The Collecter stabbing him in the neck before he even realizes her presence and then decapitating him again moving to fast for him to see what hit him.

I fail to see how stabbing the collector from the back of the neck while he is in villian monologue mode is a feat. Anyway, what are Rockslide's speed feats again?

I think all this gives Laura a solid edge, from what I've read from Miles he doesn't even have a clear-cut bullet timing feat as of yet

And yet, he does as my speed section shows.

does he have anything too special combat speed wise.

While not exactly a combat speed showing his microsecond speed feat should be enough to say Laura doesn't have anything significant speed advantage over him, especially since she really has done nothing to say she could replicate that feat. And it's worth noting that Miles was able to perform better against the likes of Taskmaster, he was able to dodge attacks from him as well as disarm him at one point.

Spider-Men II issue 2

Meanwhile Laura couldn't come close to touching Taskmaster despite actually being more skilled than Miles is, and could only win by taking advantage of the fact that he didn't know about her foot claws.

All New Wolverine issue #3

While neither performed amazingly in the same comic series where Miles was taking on Tony he was also holding his own against Peter Parker, so Miles being able to keep up with Taskmaster is certainly better than Laura being unable to stop a single attack from Taskmaster or even tag him once. And since Miles isn't as skilled as either Laura or Taskmaster his performance would be due to his speed, which is enough for me to think that Laura shouldn't be faster than Miles(if anything it would be the other way around).

Damage soak

This to my knowledge already tops Miles' best striking feat to date and she didn't even need her healing factor for it.

I would say that Miles can still hurt her, seeing as how he hurt Ultimate Green Goblin(who is pretty durable). Consistently speaking Laura isn't nearly as durable as UGG, it's also worth noting that miles can amp his striking power as shown when he one shots Armadillo while weakened who tanked Miles' hits previously.

Spider-Man (2016) issue #235

Miles shouldn't have any trouble hurting Laura, especially when you consider how inconsistent her durability can be at times.

In these sets of scans, we see her pushing through a massive amount of electrical voltage which is continuously disintegrating her skin despite that she keeps pushing through it to get to her sister. In the end, the generator explodes and she's launched hundreds of meters backwards and has most of her skin fried which she regenerates back from in seconds.

I would like to point out how this is literally Laura's only feat against electricity on this level, her only other instance of being hit with it has her being accidentally one shotted by Surge(who's electrical output isn't on the level shown in those scans as far as I am aware).

New X-Men issue (2004) #25
New X-Men issue (2004) #25

I'm also using this encounter against her electricity tolerance as a counter to Miles' venom sting.

Miles has one shotted people with good resistance to electricity, if none of the people I shown already are enough then how about Electro? You know, the guy actually made of pure electricity? One venom blast from a rookie Spider-Man brought him down to his knees.

Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #5
Ultimate Spider-Man (2011) issue #5

Strategy

Like I mentioned earlier Laura only needs to land one strike on Miles with her adamantium claws she'll shread his skin

She won't start off this fight with the intent to kill, which is important to note because she would only one shot with her claws if Laura hits a vital area.

and with a much superior speed gap she can avoid all of Miles' attacks and land her own.

She isn't much faster if at all, they're speed should be comparable at worst with Miles being faster if we compare them off the mutual people they fought in the past.

Initial thoughts

• Spider-Man should be capable of keeping up with X-23.
  • Miles is capable of hurting her with his regular punches
  • Miles is more versatile than Laura.
  • Miles is without a doubt stronger than Laura
  • Miles actually has ranged options, he could web Laura up or venom blast her from a distance. Meanwhile Laura can only win if she closes the distance between them and even then it's not a guaranteed victory for X-23.
  • Camouflage should give Miles an edge here.
  • Spider-Man is more than capable of winning here.
#20 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18255 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio