CaV: World Breaker Hulk (Thedailybagel) vs Marvel Team (TheGhostKnight)

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By APEX_pretador

@asgardianbrony: I don't care about Hyperion or sentry and world breaker beats gladiator

Also if I do it, the votes will already be decided before the very first post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@theghostknight, outstanding opening post! It's a shame the opposition has to resort to low balling and gifs to get any traction. Your opener is one of the best I've ever seen on these parts.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Temporary ban or permanent?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Holy crap that was a good post. I felt, and honestly still feel, that Ghost’s Team was the obvious victor, but still you kicked some serious butt.

I’m only well-versed in Sentry, and to a much smaller degree Gladiator, or else I’d pick this up in his place just so your work wouldn’t go to waste.

But seriously, one of the best CaV posts I’ve seen in awhile.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@charan_ said:

Temporary ban or permanent?

Knowing the kind of trolling GhostKnight does, I would guess it's probably a month long temp ban or a perma ban altogether.

Vern4c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Vern4c

@hellionvulcan said:
@asgardianbrony said:

@battle123axe: @bunnyboo: Saying Hulk isnt skyfather level is not lowballing.

Anyway, i dont know enough about the team to rep them properly in a cav, but i know some users who do.

@apex_pretador@hellionvulcan one of you guys should take over.

I don't want to touch these type of threads but i will say two things Hulk never held himself up during the star weight moment as it completely overwhelmed him physically so much that it forced him to revert back to Banner, Sentry and Gladiator are way to fast in combat for the Hulk to tag or contend with them remotely on any level.

If anyone debating for team 2 wants feats i'd be welcome to add but i won't debate it.

The weight of the star is not what reverted him back to Banner but the unique properties of the spear that are suppose to kill most living creatures, the same way it was killing Spectre, but instead it just reverted him back to Banner when Proxima pulled it out of Hulk. Neither Sentry nor Gladiator are too fast for Hulk, Sentry has been tagged by every character out there and his best feats are bullet timing, which is not only in Hulks reach but below what he is capable at his fastest. Also bullrushing is different than actual combat speed, Thor can fly 2-3 times the speed of light but he cant consistently tag most street level characters. The same is with Gladiator who has been tagged from everyone from street level to bricks, to even a weakened Hulk himself.

Also that picture of Sentry is from an alternate Sentry not the 616 one.

Vern4c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theghostknight, outstanding opening post! It's a shame the opposition has to resort to low balling and gifs to get any traction. Your opener is one of the best I've ever seen on these parts.

LOL.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol that's ironic

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By HellionVulcan

@vern4c said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@asgardianbrony said:

Anyway, i dont know enough about the team to rep them properly in a cav, but i know some users who do.

I don't want to touch these type of threads but i will say two things Hulk never held himself up during the star weight moment as it completely overwhelmed him physically so much that it forced him to revert back to Banner, Sentry and Gladiator are way to fast in combat for the Hulk to tag or contend with them remotely on any level.

If anyone debating for team 2 wants feats i'd be welcome to add but i won't debate it.

The weight of the star is not what reverted him back to Banner but the unique properties of the spear that are suppose to kill most living creatures, the same way it was killing Spectre, but instead it just reverted him back to Banner when Proxima pulled it out of Hulk. Neither Sentry nor Gladiator are too fast for Hulk, Sentry has been tagged by every character out there and his best feats are bullet timing, which is not only in Hulks reach but below what he is capable at his fastest. Also bullrushing is different than actual combat speed, Thor can fly 2-3 times the speed of light but he cant consistently tag most street level characters. The same is with Gladiator who has been tagged from everyone from street level to bricks, to even a weakened Hulk himself.

I said it overwhelmed Hulk which is did as Hulk didn't lift it nor did he do anything outstanding as it was like Zeus's punches they murked him effortlessly.

@thedailybagel said:

@hellionvulcan:

Sentry's VOID Siege blitz feats still apply as he was too fast for Thor Ares and everyone else he faced.

Uh-huh right

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It wasn't even Sentry, it was void.

edit - There's feats being used that aren't 616 either so why is it limited to some and not all ?

What? If you mean GhostKnights they weren't allowed, he just didn't know they were non canon

Sentry still did it under his own power and blitzed them,He blitzed Ares three times and Thor once because if Sentry didn't move Thor to where Osborn wanted Thor would've been powerless to stop Sentry blitzing him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hulk can't replicate any of the Sentry's combat/speed feats and the same as already been stated for Gladiator as it's pre death sentry so his siege feats should count.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By HellionVulcan

@revan- said:

@hellionvulcan: How are they too fast for Hulk to tag, when Hulk has tagged them? Lol ????

Due to a writer and plot otherwise without pis/cis Gladiator and Sentry blitz Hulk unopposed for life.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 thedailybagel  Moderator

@thedailybagel: Holy crap that was a good post. I felt, and honestly still feel, that Ghost’s Team was the obvious victor, but still you kicked some serious butt.

I’m only well-versed in Sentry, and to a much smaller degree Gladiator, or else I’d pick this up in his place just so your work wouldn’t go to waste.

But seriously, one of the best CaV posts I’ve seen in awhile.

Fair enough, I've read basically all of the other team's appearances and they're inconsistent as hell, I honestly don't think it's even a contest but to each their own. It'd be great if someone could pick this up.

@vern4c said:
@hellionvulcan said:
@asgardianbrony said:

I said it overwhelmed Hulk which is did as Hulk didn't lift it nor did he do anything outstanding as it was like Zeus's punches they murked him effortlessly.

@thedailybagel said:

@hellionvulcan:

Sentry's VOID Siege blitz feats still apply as he was too fast for Thor Ares and everyone else he faced.

Uh-huh right

It wasn't even Sentry, it was void.

edit - There's feats being used that aren't 616 either so why is it limited to some and not all ?

What? If you mean GhostKnights they weren't allowed, he just didn't know they were non canon

Sentry still did it under his own power and blitzed them,He blitzed Ares three times and Thor once because if Sentry didn't move Thor to where Osborn wanted Thor would've been powerless to stop Sentry blitzing him.

Hulk can't replicate any of the Sentry's combat/speed feats and the same as already been stated for Gladiator as it's pre death sentry so his siege feats should count.

Scan bombing and repeating yourself isn't an argument, delete your posts or get it under a spoiler block, your clogging up the thread.

You're welcome to pick this up and disprove all of this 'lowballing'.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

This is just sad. People started sharing their thoughts on the outcome of this match, which is obviously not allowed in CaVs. On top of that, both "sides" show extreme levels of bias (both Hulk supporters and the supporters of GhostKnight's team, not counting participants themselves), to the point it is both hilarious and ridiculous. We don't need another flame war thread, especially the one what was suppose to be about the debate between two users only. I think this should be locked, at least until TheGhostKnight comes back or if somebody else takes his place.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just sad. People started sharing their thoughts on the outcome of this match, which is obviously not allowed in CaVs. On top of that, both "sides" show extreme levels of bias (both Hulk supporters and the supporters of GhostKnight's team, not counting participants themselves), to the point it is both hilarious and ridiculous. We don't need another flame war thread, especially the one what was suppose to be about the debate between two users only. I think this should be locked, at least until TheGhostKnight comes back or if somebody else takes his place.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame this is starting to get out of hand. I was looking forward to a spirited debate, not another typical battle board argumentative mud slinging.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By APEX_pretador

@lvenger: @krleavenger: True, this has turned into another volatile explosion.

I've debated gladiator a lot, mostly been bitter debates with hulk fans. Now I have just given up debating on this topic for the best of both sides, agreeing to disagree (unless someone makes absurd claims like Tony or Carol beating him)

This should be locked unless (if) TGK comes back

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Could you lock this? This battle thread already exists and it's turning into a flame war, not a cav anymore.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@apex_pretador: Well he already one shotted Carol as Binary. Not sure why she is even brought to the table. I gotta say I don't like Gladiator threads overall. Not only because I think his fans overhype him too much and because non Gladiator fans think he is like Ultimate Green Goblin level or something like that, but because I personally can't judge his "power level" because he is too inconsistent. And it's not like different writers have different views on him either. The same writers introduce him as a completely different character power level wise compared to his showing in the previous comic they wrote themselves.

kaiocool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a question

why are the posts so long?

feats listed for hulk are

for durability, 19 billion hiroshima bombs, 100 tillion ton punch, hits that cause 8 richter earthquakes, continent sized blasts

for attack, destroying a mountain range/city, and hurting some people with unquantified punches.

The explanation is very in depth and written well, but the first post from theghostknight showed planet level feats for team, making all these feats completely useless since they are not on that level at all.

same goes for speed, hulk's only given speed here is "he has shown blur speed as well", compared to 1/25th of a second performance, nanosecond level fight and blitzing a person from across galaxies.

isn't it a waste to explain feats in so much detail when they are not at all close to what the opponent posted?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By APEX_pretador

@krleavenger: People rarely change their opinion. While I don't think him below Thor (which is just my opinion created from reading all his appearances), if some people consider him below snyderman and rulk, them let them think so.

I just debate Thanos on battle threads now, which is far more easier and enjoyable

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaiocool: You need to read through the posts more carefully. DailyBagel argued how GhostKnight's team were incredibly inconsistent and the planet/nanosecond level feats were inconsistent outliers. That was his argument.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I left this open encase thedailybagal wanted to take it to voting. Doesn't seem to be happening.