• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

WORLD BREAKER HULK ( represented by Thedailybagel)

No Caption Provided

Vs

HYPERION, GLADIATOR AND SENTRY (represented by TheGhostKnight)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

RULES AND CONDITIONS

- No BFR

- WIn by death or KO (10 count)

- All parties involved are bloodlusted

- Takes place on an indestructible planet

- Starting distance of 100 ft

- This is Hickman Hyperion. Sentry is the pre-death version

- For the purposes of this thread, all characters' feats will be restricted to the time of thread creation, ie, newer feats after today cannot be used

General Rules

• No picking a winner. This is a CaV. Commenting is fine
  • If you wish to be tagged to vote for a better debater in the end, just post "T4V".

#2 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by KanyeCosby (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a pretty good match. T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#4 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag me after every post gents

#5 Posted by Pipxeroth (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#6 Posted by KingGuinness (1713 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

#7 Posted by CosmoGod (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#8 Posted by Lvenger (36181 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

T4V.

#9 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by BruceRogers (16944 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: why just Hickmans Hyperion? Half of his appearances come afterwards.

Edit: and where’s blue marvel

#12 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: why just Hickmans Hyperion? Half of his appearances come afterwards.

Nah I meant as in the Hickman version of the character. All his showings to this point are applicable, I just couldn't be bothered to look up the universe number lol

I told ya I didn't need dead weight

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
#13 Posted by deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#14 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4370 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#15 Posted by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by green_skaar (11869 posts) - - Show Bio

bookmarking this...

#17 Posted by GhostRavage (14925 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Hopefully it stays on topic.

#18 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by phillip33 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

T4v

#20 Posted by TheKinfing (11566 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag.

#21 Posted by Vertigo- (17503 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag me after every post, please. Not sure if I'll vote quite yet though

#22 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by HigherPower (11993 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#24 Posted by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: a post won’t be up for about a week and this’ll probably be how it’ll be for responses if not longer, I’ll try get the opener up sooner though

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#25 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how this is fair, t4v anyway.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#26 Posted by SupremeGeneration (10633 posts) - - Show Bio

Tf? Okay. Tag after every post, can't be sure I'll vote though.

#27 Posted by Kevd4wg (11825 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#28 Posted by 20damon (5963 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

GLADIATOR , MAJESTOR OF THE SHI'AR EMPIRE

No Caption Provided

Kallark, known as Gladiator is one of the few living members of the Strontian race. The Strontians were a powerful race who valued honor, duty, and loyalty and their loyalty was to the Shi'ar Empire. For many years Kallark would serve the Shi'ar Empire as the Praetor of their Imperial Guard, the intergalactic enforcers or Shi'ar law. Following the War of Kings, which resulted in the deaths of Lilandra and Vulcan, both former rulers of the Shi'ar, Kallark was chosen by the Shi'ar to be promoted to the position of Majestor, ruler of the Shi'ar Empire. He currently maintains this position. His vastly powerful physical abilities as well as his ruthlessness make him a formidable foe to nearly any one. His list of powers include

• Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Speed/Reflexes
  • Superhuman Durability/Invulnerability
  • Superhuman Stamina
  • Flight
  • Heat Vision
  • Super Breath
  • Super Senses
  • Hyper-Vision (Telescopic)/Microscopic Vision
  • Super Hearing
  • Skilled soldier and leader

However, for the purposes of this battle, he'll need only a few of them

STRENGTH

Gladiator's strength feats are remarkable for the his relatively limited number of appearances

• Contains an explosion that would have wiped out half the solar system
No Caption Provided

It's worth noting that Gladiator was left dazed and confused by the impact , which is shown to lead to the "birth of a new star"

• Destroys a planet with a couple of punches
No Caption Provided

It is worth noting that the planet is stated to have weathered the "death of galaxies", and is otherwise narratively said to have withstood everything till the "rage of a god"

SPEED

An interesting thing about Gladiator is all his best speed feats are instances of "combat speed"

• Catches a punch thrown in a nanosecond
No Caption Provided
  • This is an insane speed feat. Heimdall can see across galaxies....but even he needs to blink. When he blinks, Gladiator strikes across galaxies, "in the blink of a God's eye"
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Notice he doesn't collide "bullrush style" but strikes him and avoids hitting the wall/chamber right behind him in the same movement

• But this is truly his best feat. The FF travel to the future, which has been sealed off by a Celestial time bubble that extends over the whole universe. Inside the bubble, time has been dilated to the point an untransformed Ben Grimn moves around machinery for a fortnight, without other non Reed Richards time belt wearing folks budging an inch, or even being aware. Then Gladiator arrives and proceeds to match Thor (who's wearing a belt) through sheer speed
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

To repeat, the universe had been frozen in place to the point where a regular human could move about for a fortnight without non-time-belt wearing folks realizing. And on this day, Gladiator matches Thor through sheer speed.

• This feat shows how Gladiator perceives the world around him. He spends half an issue contemplating about whether or not to save the dick of a boss he works for, while flashing back to past events in his life, in the time it takes a sniper bullet to reach its target
No Caption Provided

The scan above shows only the relevant bits, and not the several pages he spends reminiscing about his youth

DURABILITY

I doubt their durability will come into play much, but Gladiator is plenty durable as seen with that half a star system busting explosion. It's worth noting he wasn't even knocked out, although it did leave him dazed and confused

• He can swim through stars and be "dissatisfied with the challenge"
No Caption Provided

RANGED ATTACK

No Caption Provided

HYPERION OF EARTH- 13034

No Caption Provided

As the Last survivor of Earth-13034, Hyperion was born on a distant world that was dying. He was sent to earth and was raised by the man known as Father. He was raised to better the society he was put in. Hyperion was conflicted on what he wanted to be vs. what he was taught to be. He hid his emotions til the very end. Earth-13034 faced an incursion, a collision of two different earths that would destroy both universes should they collide. Hyperion and his Squadron tried their best but ultimately failed in stopping the incursion from occurring. Hyperion was the only survivor and drifted until he was plucked from the dead reality by AIM into Earth-616, where he was imprisoned. Luckily he was saved by the Avengers and even became a member. After Secret Wars, Hyperion met up with several other individuals whose realities were also destroyed by incursions and together they formed the Squadron Supreme. These days he's a trucker trying to find his way through America

Hyperion's powers are much the same as Gladiator's so I wouldn't bother repeating them. Suffice to say, he too needs but a few of them

STRENGTH

• Holds apart two planets, till they break
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Stops an earth sized planet moving at superspeed
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SPEED

Hyperion doesn't have the clear cut speed feats or the massive speed advantage Gladiator does, but his reaction speed should still be greater than Hulk's

• Observes movements in 1/125th of a second
No Caption Provided
  • Goes to Sumatra, looks for coffee, collects a bag from the jungle, gets back, coffee is ready....all under a minute
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DURABILITY

• Survives the destruction of his world/collision of two planets
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Survives getting sliced by an atom cutting glaive
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HEAT VISION

• Is lightspeed
No Caption Provided
  • Beheads Namor
No Caption Provided

THE SENTRY OF MANKIND

No Caption Provided

Robert Reynolds was a junkie looking for a fix when he was younger, till he chanced upon the super solider serum x1000 and became the Sentry. And that kids, is why you should do drugs.

But more to the point, the Sentry is immensely powerful, more so than any herald level character, including his teammates. I don't think it's fair he's even on the team but my opponent here doesn't think so whatever. His powers are pretty much "whatever I want them to be" buut let's stick to energy blasting and the standard flying brick set for now

OFFENSIVE POWER

• While holding back, he gets into a fight with Genis Vell that destroys entire worlds as a side effect and releases so much energy it can be seen in the regular universe while the fight takes place in the microverse
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We know this is not hyperbole as it is shown that the fight destroyed Hyperion's world in the microverse (in the immediate aftermath) and confirmed

• Sentry breifly contains a sentient cosmic cube.
No Caption Provided

While the stronger versions of sentient cubes operate on a multiversal scale, even the weaker ones wreck Thanos in terms of sheer firepower, as far as setting a baseline goes

• Sentry powers through the Crimson bands of Cyttorak
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Hulk has fared terribly against the bands in comparison right from day 1 and again later. Which makes sense considering the bands have done things like tank supernovae even when cast by Strange's astral form

SPEED

Sentry is easily hypersonic in terms of reaction speed

• Catches a bullet after the gun held to the man's head is already fired
No Caption Provided
  • Catches a high powered sniper bullet
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Somewhat more vague superspeed reactions
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DURABILITY AND REGENERATION

As we have already seen, the guy can withstand being at the centre of a multi planet busting event, and the force of a cosmic cube trying to break free without his arms being ripped off. Besides this, Sentry is notable for his regen

Sentry flies in and out of the sun no problem

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Except when he's actively trying to kill himself. At which point, extreme regeneration takes place
No Caption Provided
  • Morgana le Fey tries to erase him from existence. Doesn't work
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

REASONS THE TEAM WILL TRUIMPH

As you might have noticed, these are not all their "feats" or even their absolute best ones, especially in the case of Sentry. What these are, however, are independent feats (except for the rather more nebulous properties of HV).

• There is no extra context to be added, no comparison to be made. No "but A beat B beat C" here. No "like a star" or "the force of a planet", there are actual celestial bodies involved. With less than 50 (or is that 30?) issues with their names on the cover title, they have more clear cut feats (and automatically "more consistent") than the Hulk with 700+ monthly issues of Incredible Hulk alone. And yet Hulk is not the one blowing up actual planets.
  • I have not added comparative showings yet (for the most part), we'll get there when we get there. The primary goal of this post is to show feats not dependent on another character. You can't really job out a planet, although you can certainly job out people who otherwise blow up planets. Much the same as you can certainly tag people with nanosecond feats, without nanosecond feats yourself. I'll let the audience be the judge though, if and when the Hulk feats are posted, whether they particularly stack up to these.
  • Hyperion and Gladiator are as strong as, if not stronger than the Hulk. Sentry is way more powerful than anyone else here. However let's go with "Hulk is as strong/ stronger than them". So we have parity in strength and durability, but there is still no answer for speed, flight, ranged attacks etc. They can keep blasting him from a distance, considering what Gladiator's HV did to him ( or even Hyperion's for that matter) or they can blitz him with superspeed. The hulk is too slow to ever tag them, so there's one end result to the one sided beatdown. And the Hulk simply has no way of putting down, or even hurting Sentry
  • Finally, though I've read most of the "Green Scar" Hulk's appearances, I've seen little to suggest he is particularly more powerful than the Savage Hulk, 'cept for a much improved healing factor. The burden of proof is thus, on TDB to establish otherwise. If not, considering the Savage Hulk's level vis a vis say Sentry, given their respective feats, there's little to stop this from ending with every bone in Hulk's body broken. Again.

Over to you @thedailybagel

#30 Posted by TheKinfing (11566 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be a good post.

#31 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6300 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD DAMN... Did not know about this scan...

No Caption Provided

Only knew about this one!

No Caption Provided

Anyways T4V!

#32 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18046 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#33 Posted by SupremeGeneration (10633 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea definitely not voting...

Hyperion and Gladiator are as strong as, if not stronger than the Hulk

And yet Hulk is not the one blowing up actual planets.

lel

But I do still want to read the debate so tag after every post.

#34 Edited by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: I'll try have a reply up in a week.

edit: btw could you cite all of your scans please? It helps if there's anything I haven't seen before.

#35 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: I'll try have a reply up in a week.

edit: btw could you cite all of your scans please? It helps if there's anything I haven't seen before.

Err...it would be quite a chore to go back and edit every single one of them so why dont ya just PM me the ones you haven't seen before and I'll add the issue numbers for those here. I'll make sure to cite the issue numbers for all scans in subsequent posts

#36 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

OH HO HO HO!

T4V, this is gonna be good.

#37 Posted by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: it’s fine for this post, was more talking about later ones.

#38 Posted by APEX_pretador (18944 posts) - - Show Bio

Tf? Okay. Tag after every post, can't be sure I'll vote though.

This, tag but I won't vote because of bias

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#39 Posted by blackpantherisb (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#40 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#41 Posted by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: hey just posting this here so that you as well as the voters know that post is on its way, it’s going to be fairly big so probably won’t be done for a while, but I did say this was likely to happen. It’s roughly 1/3rd done atm and I have more free time now so should be sooner rather than later.

#42 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13838 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, great opening for TGK. Really interested in this one. T4V

#43 Posted by Kingant27 (16647 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#44 Posted by The_Fub (1680 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V, please tag after every post too.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#45 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#46 Posted by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, T4V.

#47 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

OH HO HO HO!

T4V, this is gonna be good.

Oh, brony, you think every CaV is good.

Tag.

#48 Posted by 20damon (5963 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight:

Good post. Will force Bagel to work, look forward to seeing the rest.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#49 Edited by blackpantherisb (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#50 Edited by Thedailybagel (12566 posts) - - Show Bio

@theghostknight: apparently my post is too big for it to be one message so I'm splitting it in two just so you know.

World Breaker Hulk

No Caption Provided

At this point, everybody knows the name 'Bruce Banner' and 'Hulk', so I won't bother giving them a rundown. For the purposes of this CAV I will be representing the Green Scar Hulk personality in his World Breaker form, which in layman's terms is the equivalent of Hulk going Super Saiyan. Green Scar is pretty much the most powerful incarnation of Hulk to date and considered by me to also be one of the toughest powerhouses in his tier. To be completely honest, Hulk doesn't need to go World Breaker to win here, he doesn't even need access to Green Scar's feats or even Savage Hulk's better ones. To be quite frank, he operates on a completely different level to Gladiator and Hyperion, as in to the point that they aren't going to contribute anything at all - the only person worth mentioning on your team is Sentry, and by 'worth mentioning' I don't mean he can win, I mean he's going to get bodied but not as badly as the other two. You haven't shown anything worth mentioning so far and I know that you've already used some, if not most of your best feats for each of your team members. The problem with this is the lack of consistency regarding these portrayals if not blatant missing of context. Anyway, for more information on Hulk here's a quick biographical entry from 2011...

No Caption Provided

I intend to prove all of my claims and any subsequent ones as this post (and by extension, this CAV) goes on, but for nowlets move onto World Breaker Hulk's powers and abilities.

Powers/Abilities

• Superhuman Strength- Easily capable of grounding 100 tonners with ease, lifting ridiculous weight and in general just being the strongest one there is, no one on your team matches Hulk's physical strength
  • Superhuman Durability- Far in excess of most powerhouses, easily capable of shrugging off nukes, island busting bombs, molecular altering weapons to punches that would destroy continents. This durability extends to his overall damage soak making him nigh impossible to totally put down, which is a problem when your team won't be able to actually hurt this Hulk
  • Superhuman Speed- Capable of moving at hypersonic speeds and reacting to objects even faster than that, his leaps allow him to leave the atmosphere, again, he's fast enough to tag anyone on your team, not that they have much combat speed to speak of...
  • Healing factor- One of his most powerful abilities under this incarnation, he can heal from virtually any injury in seconds, with only severe ones taking slightly longer, so under the miracle that he somehow gets hurt here he'll be fine again in seconds
  • Pain tolerance- Not a power per se but still worth mentioning. His pain tolerance is, for lack of a better term, ridiculous. Even if one were able to get past his durability, then if they were able to start taxing his healing factor, they would need to actually knock him out; Green Scar has had his neck snapped, had every organ in his body punctured and torn to shreds multiple times, yet every time he's just stayed conscious and healed
  • Rage empowerment- Hulks trump card, contrary to popular belief being angry doesn't just make him stronger, it enhances all of his abilities, the longer the fight goes on the higher the chances of Hulk winning get. Although World Breaker Hulk is currently the angriest we've ever seen him
  • Telepathy resistance - Not that this is a factor, but ironically Sentry (the only person capable of using telepathy on your team) has already failed to affect Hulk with TP as well as multiple other telepaths, so this shouldn't be relevant
  • Adaptation - probably won't be used here but in the event that he starts drowning or something he'll be fine
  • Gamma Burst - Another 'trump card' argument that Hulk supporters use when facing opponents with speed. In a nutshell, the Gamma Burst is something that radiates around Hulk and reacts violently whenever he connects with something. Luckily your team has no notable speed advantage to speak of so I won't need to pursue this point

His power set makes him much more than a typical brick, given that his damage soak, healing factor and reactions allow him to hang with people faster or more powerful than he is and gets stronger as the fight goes on, on top of having resistances to things such as telepathy and energy absorption. For further info on his power level here's an extract from Marvel fact files #5 (2014), conveniently highlighted to show the important part...

No Caption Provided

So not only is your team dealing with a versatile and intelligent brick (versatile by brick standards anyway), but also a brick who is quite literally the best at what bricks do, namely punch things really, really hard. I intend to make a large post in response to yours so in the interest of time, the opening section before my counters begin is going to quite similar to my previous CAV against Superman and Green Lantern, albeit different in parts and reworded. Let's kick things off by starting with damage soak...

Hulk vs Your team - My damage soak vs Your attack

I don't believe that your team has the capability to tax this Hulk at all if I'm perfectly honest with you. He has far too much resistance to energy attacks and Blunt force which is your only way of harming him and unfortunately, you can't compete here. I've read pretty much every appearance of your team members aside from a few, and whilst I don't have an Encyclopedic level of knowledge like I do when it comes to Hulk, I know enough to be completely aware of all the feats you're probably going to include here, such as Kallark against Binary or Black Bolt, Hyperion against say Terminus etc and not only am I prepared in saying that I know I can counter them, but I also know that your characters (especially Gladiator) suffer from inconsistency. The feats you've presented so far are lackluster to say the least and I'll rip pretty much all of them to shreds when I get there, but for now I'll establish what you must do to beat Green Scar, which is get past his three tiers of damage soak, namely:

Raw Durability----Healing Factor----Pain tolerance. For now, one or two examples of each should suffice.

Raw Durability

For straight-up durability, take for example Hulk #24 wherein he literally no sells a beating from Loeb's Rulk, including an attack powerful enough to create a mushroom cloud where Rulk clearly puts everything he has into a two handed smash to put Bruce down...

The reason this feat is so impressive is because under Loeb Red Hulk was a different kind of monster (in universe explained by him draining the shit out of everything, something that he stopped doing once Jeff Parker took over). As an example, whilst casually pounding the tar out of A-bomb he created a 10.0 Earthquake and triggered the san andreas fault line...

No Caption Provided

To illustrate how powerful that is, the seismic moment of an Earthquake is the total energy, whereas the seismic waves only contain 1-10% (source: http://alabamaquake.com/energy.html). In this case, the seismic moment is Rulks punch, and after some googling we can work out to some degree how powerful that is...

No Caption Provided

I highlighted the important parts, and the energy Rulk was packing is ridiculous. 19 billion Hiroshima bombs compacted into a fist is a huge amount of energy. Hulk tanked significantly more than that.

One more example or two of blunt force durability to establish Green Scar's superiority over other incarnations should suffice. A fine example is Incredible Hulks #611, wherein Skaar and Hulk have quite possibly one of the most epic brick encounters of all time, again showcasing Hulk's insane damage soak throughout the issue... Case in point, Skaar absorbed 100 trillion tons of shifting lithosphere and smacked Hulk right in the chest with it, leading Hulk to smash into and destroy a large mountain/hill several hundred miles away. Hulk smiled in response and proceeded to treat Skaar like a damn toddler, and Skaar is a low level high tier himself.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Coincedently, the Meteor that wiped out the Dinosaurs is also theorised to have weighed 100 trillion tons, and using Nukemap we can see an easy estimate of how much damage that caused:

No Caption Provided

That's a continent level hit, and Hulk literally laughed it off without even needing to heal. I believe this should be enough in the blunt force department for now, although I have far more in my ammo bag to further show why your team is going to struggle to even significantly hurt Hulk. For a final example of Blunt force take for instance World War Hulk: X-Men #3 where Hulk takes a bunch of punches from Juggernaut who had been humiliated by Hulk in the previous issue...

Chris Gage (the writer of the issue) also went on record to say that Hulk actually stopped the Juggernaut here and I can get the quote if you want it. Anyway the reason this is impressive - aside from it being friggin Cain Marko who would also probably rip your team in half -is because a less pissed off Juggernaut was casually capable of causing 8.0 Earthquakes whilst pounding on Banner tech shields in Incredible Hulk #602...

No Caption Provided

That's enough in terms of Blunt force for now, but I'll elabortate more on this later in the post as well as later posts, these aren't even Green Scar's absolute best feats, so for the voters, this should show who actually has a consistent power level here.

In terms of energy/heat resistance, Green Scar is incredibly impervious to them to the point that Id consider him nigh unbeatable where such tactics are concerned. Even classic Hulk had an uncanny resistance to them bordering on the ridiculous side of things with all manner of energy such as the cosmic rod to straight up heat being unable to stop him A good example to showcase this would be Hulk being attacked by Galaxy master in Incredible Hulk #112, wherein Galaxy master hit Hulk with everything he had and needed to resort to gas tactics to put hulk down, actually claiming that hulk is the most physically imposing being he's ever seen...

The importance of this statement and Hulk resisting those energy attacks is made evident later on in Incredible Hulk #112, as its revealed that Galaxy master is a being that has destroyed a countless number of worlds, doing so pretty much just for the sake of it, and an on panel instance of him doing so is shown.

No Caption Provided

The fact that not only did Galaxy master exert himself against hulk, but was totally unable to bring him down by straight up blasting and actually needing to switch tactics shows that even pre-core breach Hulk was capable of resisting and being nigh impervious to planet busting and up levels of power. This, of course, extends to post core breach Hulk and Green Scar himself who is far more powerful than ever before - especially in regards to durability.

Speaking of which, Green Scar himself has a plethora of energy resistance feats to draw from and in all honesty, doesn't even need to heal from them most of the time as they never do enough damage in the first place to make healing necessary. An instance in question that showcased this was Hulk being attacked by his son, Hiro Kala, in Incredible Hulks #616. Hiro himself is an incredibly powerful being, in most of his appearances using something called the 'new power', an amalgamation of the power cosmic and the old power. However, in his fight with hulk, I believe he was mostly using the old power and the world mind of K'ai (the Mars-sized planet they were fighting on). Anyway, Hulk essentially tanked a multitude of blasts from an enraged Hiro-Kala and took basically no damage whatsoever...

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Hiro's blasts were so powerful that they appeared as continent-sized balls of light and were actually cracking the entire planet just by him standing still in Incredible Hulks #617. Hiro did this without focusing on anyone in particular, so it's worth noting that attacks actually directed at someone probably hurt more...

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, Hiro Kala is powered and made stronger by anger due to Bruce's blood running through his veins as explained in Son of Hulk #19, ultimately meaning that if he's mad, his blasts are going to be more powerful. To correlate with this point, Hiro explained to Skaar that he was 'broken' in response to skaar telling him that he was breaking the planet, which sounds to me like he's letting loose everything he has and doesn't care about anything anymore. Both scans shown below respectively:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Turns out they aren't actually respective and him describing himself as 'broken' comes first

Now holding all of this in mind, not only did Hulk tank Hiro's attacks throughout their fight, towards the end he outright ignores and no sells them whilst mourning what he believes to be Skaar dying - even being capable of walking through the attack unfazed and proceeding to treat Hiro Kala like a red headed step child, not unlike what he did to Skaar in Incredible Hulks #611. Anyway, I've cropped and highlighted the particular scan in question...

No Caption Provided

In fact, in Incredible Hulk #617 Hiro's blasts were capable of being seen from Earth:

So in summary, we have Hulk literally no selling planet busting blasts from Skaar and tanking them consistently throughout their fight. This is all without even needing to heal or rely on his pain tolerance to pull through, so attacks massively above this level still wouldn't put him down.

This should be sufficient in showcasing that your team is not going to be hurting Hulk with rangaed attacks, although just to be safe and drive home this point, another example shouldn't hurt. Take for example Ghost Rider #13 wherein Johnny blaze attempts to stop Hulk, for starters Blaze is totally unable to even hurt Hulk by dropping a skyscraper on him, but is totally one shotted by Bruce. And before this, he was totally manhandled and "swept aside like nothing" in Johnny's own words...

The third scan comes several pages after the previous two

Anyway, the important part of this fight comes after Ghost Rider is knocked out, when Zarathos comes out to play. Zarathos, of course, being a demon on par with freaking Mephisto. Zarathos bathes Hulk in hellfire which I would describe as another type of energy based attack and is relevant to either heat vision or Sentrys blasts...

The important part to note is that after the initial explosion, the absolute ease in which Hulk bathes in said Hellfire, ultimately being totally unaffected by it and only reacting by giving Zarathos a look of acknowledgment...

No Caption Provided

In my opinion this section should be more than sufficient in showing that your team won't be bothering Hulk at all with ranged blasts - I've shown that Hulk has an incredibly attuned resistance to such tactics and if anything is just going to make Hulk madder, and therefore stronger. Your team simply doesn't have what it takes to hurt Hulk here.

Pain tolerance/Healing factor

I'm putting these two under the same Banner partially to shorten the post length, but also because each is relevant to the other. As mentioned before, this Hulk has a near instantaneous healing factor in conjunction with a ridiculous pain tolerance, making it hard for me to believe that even if by some miracle you managed to hurt him, you'd actually be able to keep him down. Although let's face it, you won't actually be hurting him here, although I'll keep going with this section anyway to show just how outmatched you are.

A good example to use would be Hulk vs Strange possessed by Zom in world war hulk #4, wherein Zom literally put gaping Holes inside of Hulk's stomach and lit magical fireworks off inside, ultimately giving him a far more brutal beating than your entire team working together could ever hope to come close to doing.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

As can be seen, Hulk got kicked around and had a mallet hand put through his stomach, which then exploded inside of him whilst strange continually blasted the hole, he then punted Hulk into a building which collapsed on top of him.

Hulk had seconds to recover, and he healed as if nothing had happened:

No Caption Provided

Left is Hulk after being kicked into the building, right is seconds beforehand.

Not only did he heal, but he showed no sign of pain or tiredness when talking to strange and proceeded to basically one shot him. If you team wants to so much as come remotely close to beating Hulk, they need to do far more damage than what Strange did along with keeping the intensity up, which is something they just flat out can't do or even come close to replicating.

Another example couldn't hurt to further illustrate my point. Take for example World war hulk: Gamma corps #4. Hulk was depowered to grey Hulk levels temporarily, and each member of the gamma corps inflicted an injury on his neck, allowing them to totally snap it. Hulk not only stayed conscious throughout the whole thing, but the second the depowerment wore off he healed instantly and stomped them...

His power returning can be shown from the colour turning back to green, and staying conscious is shown by him remembering the conversation they had over his body, allowing him to locate Stryker. In fact, the only time anyone has beaten him (Zeus) or come close to/believed they had a chance is when his healing factor has either been disabled or severely hindered, and even then he heals instantly once it comes back to him. Your team has no way to get rid of his healing factor and I'm currently totally unconvinced that it'll be relevant here considering how outmatched you are.

One final example of his pain tolerance can be seen in World War Hulk #3, the military used Adamantium bullets to totally shred him, turning internal organs into swiss cheese:

No Caption Provided

This served only to piss him off, to the point that he proceeded to stand around talking to Strange whilst he was continually peppered with bullets, remaining unfazed by them.

Third scan is a few pages from the other two but illustrates the point better

An argument for his pain tolerance as shown in Planet Hulk, more specifically incredible Hulk #99, is that Hulk actually welcomes pain, whether that be because he thinks he deserves it or because he knows it will only make him stronger, more than likely both of those things. Meaning Hulk is only going to want your team to hurt him - then probably realising that they aren't capable of doing so...

This section should be more than enough for now in displaying why Hyperion, Gladiator, and Sentry aren't beating Hulk even if the guy caught a Cosmic Plague and all his powers were halved aside from his healing factor.

Hulk vs Your team - My attack vs your Damage soak

Where I classed Hulk as having what I claimed to be his 'three tiers' of durability, giving examples of each above, I see your team as having nothing but durability and healing factors to endure an assault from Banner, suffice to say Hulk hits more than hard enough to demolish them and for now I'll start off light.

To better illustrate my points, examples of Hulk's strength and striking are in order. Whilst I see Hulk's defensive capabilities as more important in this particular fight, Hulk is for all intents and purposes the strongest one there is - pound for pound being the strongest powerhouse out there in my opinion. Take for example Incredible Hulk #105, Immediately after Caiera's death, Hulk destroyed a mountain and pummeled an area the size of a city in a fit of rage:

Attacks of this magnitude are on the lower spectrum of Green Scar's offensive capabilities and merely to show what Green Scar can do when swinging wildly at the environment.

A better example to show what Green Scar can do came two issues later in Incredible Hulk #107, against a fellow god, namely Hercules... The important thing to note about their encounter is the ease in which Herc was damaged, and the degree to which he was hurt in so few blows.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Not only did he turn a definitive powerhouses face into swiss cheese in no more than three hits, but I think the most important part of their encounter is shown in the second scan, which i'll crop and highlight below:

No Caption Provided

After exactly one left hook, Hercules was on the floor defenceless. If Hercules didn't have teammates to slow him down, Herc would have been beaten to a pulp after exactly one good punch was landed. This shows the devastation that Hulk's attacks can cause, and throughout World War Hulk he ended the vast majority of his fights in exactly one or two hits, a few examples below taken from several issues:

1. Breaks Colossus's Arms in one swift move in World War Hulk: X-Men #2
  2. Almost kills the thing in exactly one hit in World War Hulk #2
  3. Drops She Hulk in exactly one hit in World War Hulk #2
  4. Does the same thing to Ares in the same issue
  5. Oneshots Wolverine for several pages in World War Hulk: X-Men #2
  6. Oneshots ZomStrange in World War Hulk #4

Green Scar rarely needs to hit the same person more than once or twice to keep them down, and this is made even more substantial by the fact that he always holds back, and only ever uses the amount of force he has to in a fight...

The first two examples are Amadeus explaining how Hulk's brain works - why he doesn't kill and so forth, essentially using the amount of force he needs for a win. The latter is Hulk explicitly stating that he held back in World War Hulk. All of this accumulates into how devastating Hulk's hits are, even Hercules was dropped after one, and that was whilst Hulk was holding back. Hulk is Bloodlusted here and he's going to kill your team because of it.

This is enough for this section and should establish Hulk's power, I have allot more to use and I intend on using it in this very post, apologies to anyone who's read some of this before in my prior CAV. Although I assure you that the juicy bits are going to start now, so let's get into the real slaughter-festdebate.

Hulk vs Gladiator - onesided beatdown #1

As I've made very clear, I don't consider Kallark to be a threat at all, his feats don't compare with the consistency of Hulk's especially in his Green Scar incarnation and several of your showings are outright lacking context and borderline (if not outright) unusable. Hulk has him beat in all relevant areas and you're blatantly cherry picking his best showings to make it seem as though Gladiator is somehow the planet busting powerhouse that World Breaker Hulk was shown to be. Unfortunately, Gladiator is incredibly inconsistent from writer to writer and Hulk has already beat him before in his pre-core breach form whilst being weakened to the point of basically being half dead, capable of reacting to him just fine, and capable of noticeably hurting him with a single smash. Anyway, let's get into it...

Gladiator's strength feats are remarkable for the his relatively limited number of appearances

• Contains an explosion that would have wiped out half the solar system

It's worth noting that Gladiator was left dazed and confused by the impact , which is shown to lead to the "birth of a new star"

No, they aren't that 'remarkable' nor consistent and certainly don't compare to the Hulk in any way, shape or form. For starters, the first feat mentioned here occurred in Fantastic Four #249 written by John Byrne and is a wildly different portrayal not only in terms of it being Kallarks best and only feat ever on that level, but it's a stark contrast in power level as to how his own creator wrote him at a similar time period. For instance take Uncanny X-Men #137 which took place merely two years before your own scan in question, Claremont (Gladiator's creator) made it abundantly clear that Gladiator was nigh equals with freaking Colossusin his teen years, actually stalemating him whilst both explicitly going all out...

The narration makes it very clear that the only reason they stopped fighting was because a bunch of buildings collapsed on them resulting in a double KO given that neither of them managed to move for minutes at a time - Gladiator just recovered before Colossus could, and again it was made clear that he did so painfully. In comparison to this showing, we can use World War Hulk: X-Men #2 wherein Green Scar Hulk engages a much older and experienced Piotr, except unlike Kallark, Hulk crushes his arms with zero effort and leaves him dangling around like a moron for the rest of the tie in...

No Caption Provided

So we have Gladiator fighting and getting knocked out by buildings under his own creator versus tanking a solar system attack under John Byrne, the problem for you is that I know you can't prove consistency on your end of the argument whereas I can. It's also worth mentioning that John Byrne co-wrote the previous instance with Gladiator and Piotr. Let's take Uncanny X-Men #275 as another instance to support my case, which was published almost 10 years after your example, and written by none other than Chris Claremont again. Gladiator with help fought a team of X-Men and Starjammers that lacked a single powerhouse and ended up in chains literally two pages after the engagement began:

In literally the next issue Gladiator engages Deathbird in combat and whilst managing to overpower her both before and prior to this, is noticeably injured by her twice, and this is the same Deathbird that Wolverine beat in the prior issue and proceeded to smack down and pummel in the following issue using nothing but his fists to the point that he needed to be pulled away...

In Uncanny X-Men #277 which is the next issue, Kallark fights and engages Gambit in combat, Kallark is oh so fast and powerful that he comments on Gambits agility and then gets his ass KOed >again< by a full pack of cards exploding on his chest:

No Caption Provided

I mean for Jesus sake the guy was KOed in his very first appearance by a random laser blast from Corsair in Uncanny X-Men #107, with the said weapon having no mentioned special properties other than looking quite badass to dual-wield...

No Caption Provided

This is five instances all written by Gladiators own creator as well as the person to have written him the most, another co-written by the writer of your example, each of which takes place either well before your own example, around the same time period, or well after it. Gladiator does not have that level of durability consistently, or at all in any other appearance, he is consistently harmed by far less than even continental or country level force, in fact, outright beaten by less than even that in four of these examples and I have more to bring to the table if needs be. None of these are contextual either, no 'lacking confidence' or any other excuse as to why his power was portrayed this way under Claremont other than this being his opinion on Kallark's power level. Green Scar Hulk can do shit like squash Hercules face in three blows or oneshot Loeb's Rulk who at the time had the power of the cosmic Hulk robot as I've already explained. Unlike Gladiator, Green Scar puts people down when he decides to and has never legitimately lost a fight outside of a damn skyfather in the form of Zeus. World Breaker Hulk chews through planets without even touching them, I'm inclined to say that Gladiator gets every bone broken in his body by a single punch, he doesn't have the durability to withstand blows from Hulk, period and has been KOed by far less than Hulk can dish out.

• Destroys a planet with a couple of punches

It is worth noting that the planet is stated to have weathered the "death of galaxies", and is otherwise narratively said to have withstood everything till the "rage of a god"

No offense, but this talk of 'consistency' is nonsense. For the voters, this scan comes from Marvel Comics Presents #49 which was basically a series that aimed to introduce obscure characters to readers that otherwise wouldn't have heard of them. The issue in question featured Gladiator in an 8 page storyfrom 1990, that has zero relevance to Gladiator's publication history, written by a writer that had never touched him before, hasn't touched him since and showed his striking at a level that he has never come close to replicating even when cutting loose - a very relevant point given that Gladiator regularly goes for the kill in character. I feel I've already emphasized this enough already with my previous point, but more examples regarding striking power (or Gladiator's lack of) are probably in order to show that this isn't consistent.

Let's take The Mighty Thor #445 written in 1992 by Tom DeFalco, Gladiator is only able to make Wonder Man say "ouch" with a deliberate killing blow (evidenced by his amazement that Wonder Man is still alive) and ends up pummeling him repeatedly into the heart of a planet - he doesn't KO Wonder Man, he just buries him under rubble...

Gladiator couldn't knock out a mid-tier with repeated killing blows and managed to get ragdolled by him, even if it ultimately didn't hurt him. The same mid-tier that Hulk back as Joe Fixit was manhandling in Hulk Smash Avengers #4...

Even Korg handed him his ass back in World War Hulk. The evidence building suggests Kallark can't take hits from this Hulk and he can't give them either. In the same issue that he fights Wonder Man, Kallark also engages Eric Masterson as Thor and gets beat because of Living Lightning. >AGAIN<. Not only does he hardly cause any damage to someone incredibly inferior to the real Thor, but he matches him in strength (this isn't a good thing...) and gets rocked by Living Lightning, someone inferior to Thor's lightning by feats, and is almost beaten to death by Eric:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
Apologies for so many scans, just wanted to show the whole fight

Gladiator fails to significantly harm Eric and fails to use any notable combat speed, >again<, let alone being totally stunned by Living lightning of all people. I mean the fact that he matches Eric in strength alone is important in the sense that even regular Hulk is incredibly above the real Thor's physicals these days, as much was shown recently in Secret Empire #6 when Thor failed to breach a bunker that the heroes were hiding in, with Tony's AI outright noting that Odinson isn't strong enough to breach the shielding...

So how do Hydra get in?

No Caption Provided

Resurrect the one person strong enough to do it of course.

No Caption Provided

Even more recently in Thor vs Hulk: Champions of the Universe #6 Hulk was shown as being able to rather casually endure and power through a blast from The Promoter that was immobilising both Thor and The Champion, the most important part to note being that he wasn't even angry when doing so and says as much himself...

To put these examples with Thor into perspective, a more experienced Eric fought the real Thor 13 issues after he almost killed Gladiator in The Mighty Thor #458 due to being tricked by the Enchantress. Thor was totally capable of avoiding every one of Eric's attacks with Eric also directly admitting that Thor is also probably stronger, with the only thing making things more even being the fact that Eric was wielding Mjolnir...

No Caption Provided

The fight continued into the next issue with neither really doing much to the other and ultimately ended with Eric admitting that Thor is the better man. Odinson actually showed combat speed superior to Kallark under the same writer given that he was actually capable of avoiding some of Eric's attacks and being pretty much completely impervious to them, let alone Eric admitting that Thor was physically stronger when he previously stalemated Gladiator in the same department.

Like I said before, Hulk doesn't need to be World Breaker, he doesn't even need to be Green Scar, but that fact that he is means that he's going to use Gladiator as a f*cking Golf ball with Hyperion as the club. To reiterate, you haven't shown that Hulk is going to get hurt here by Gladiator, is going to be unable to squash him, or that this is even a contest. Your examples shown are the highest end feats he has and for the reasons established, lack a solid base to be used as his 'standard' power level when his other showings are so contradictory. For the voter's sake, my point here is that Gladiator is a very inconsistent character that varies in power from writer to writer, for every planetary feat he has there are three more of him being nowhere near that level, the fact that he has so few appearances means that all of these showings and who wrote them matter.

Notice he doesn't collide "bullrush style" but strikes him and avoids hitting the wall/chamber right behind him in the same movement

• But this is truly his best feat. The FF travel to the future, which has been sealed off by a Celestial time bubble that extends over the whole universe. Inside the bubble, time has been dilated to the point an untransformed Ben Grimn moves around machinery for a fortnight, without other non Reed Richards time belt wearing folks budging an inch, or even being aware. Then Gladiator arrives and proceeds to match Thor (who's wearing a belt) through sheer speed

To repeat, the universe had been frozen in place to the point where a regular human could move about for a fortnight without non-time-belt wearing folks realizing. And on this day, Gladiator matches Thor through sheer speed.

I'm addressing this first because unlike the other instances either being inconsistent or not actually 'combat' speed, this is just outright false and spreading of misinformation. The Gladiator in this issue is not 616 Kallark. 616 Gladiator has only ever fought Jane foster Thor and Eric Masterson, doing rather poorly against both. The Gladiator in your scan was from Earth-8810. To clear this is up I'm just going to quote @ghostravage and an argument he made a few weeks back regarding this, all creds go to him for this point:

"anything happening in a different continuity whether it is in the past or the future is automatically an alternate universe/reality. In fact, the Time Bubble reality from Fantastic Four vol.1 #339 was flat out confirmed in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes from 2005 to be Earth-8810 from where Galactus died and was revived by an alternate version of a Celestial and whose hunger intensified to the point of actually eating the universe as opposed to planets.

No Caption Provided

This is the same Gladiator who allegedly fought Thor while speeding up his perceptions."

This should've been obvious to you given that Gladiator outright says "It's been years since I last saw you and... You haven't changed at all" which is a reference to the change in time period (IIRC this Kallark is something like 20 years ahead of the current Marvel continuity at the time of publishing)...

No Caption Provided

Anyway, the only instance you have of Gladiator maintaining a fight at high speeds is contextually wrong and isn't applicable to this CAV or anything else related to 616 Gladiator, ergo, all you have left in regards to combat speed is Gladiator throwing one punch really fast, in comparison to my increasingly larger pile of evidence establishing that Kallark is a chump and Hulk can react to him, not that Gladiator uses his combat speed 90% of the time in the first place. Anyway...

An interesting thing about Gladiator is all his best speed feats are instances of "combat speed"

• Catches a punch thrown in a nanosecond
  • This is an insane speed feat. Heimdall can see across galaxies....but even he needs to blink. When he blinks, Gladiator strikes across galaxies, "in the blink of a God's eye"

The first instance here is pretty much Gladiator's only quantifiable and impressive combat speed feat he has, unfortunately he wasn't >fighting< in nanoseconds, he blocked one punch thrown nanoseconds after his own and I already have an abundance of examples to support my case that Gladiator doesn't consistently fight at those speeds or anything close to them, he doesn't have high speed fights period. I mean back in Annihilators: Earthfall #2 he was so fast he spent two pages chasing around friggin Iron Man, missing him with Heat Vision and getting intercepted and stabbed by Wolverine then proceeding to crash into a building...

To note any context, Kallark wasn't necessarily not going for the kill here because although he was fighting Avengers, the Annihilators were on a clock trying to prevent Magus from returning, something the Avengers were delaying the Annihilators from preventing by attacking them. On that note, they were obviously in a rush and Quasar outright mentioned to Beta Ray Bill not to let Kallark kill anyone:

No Caption Provided

Coincidentally, in the same panel his Heat Vision fails to cause any notable harm to Tony at all outside of a grunt...

As for the Heimdall thing, that is the definition of a bullrush, he literally just slams into Heimdall at high speed and staggers him a bit then stops himself from driving forward, furthermore the attack does basically no damage to Heimdall at all. Kallark doesn't fight at super speeds for the rest of the issue (Mighty Thor #15 for the voters) and funnily enough needed a few pages to deal with Heimdall, had blood splashed on him and seemed noticeably injured from the fight they had, even if he recovered quickly.

No Caption Provided

For the record, this is the same Heimdall that Hulk was basically swatting aside back in Classic days, in Tales to Astonish #101 he literally made him yelp "Invincible Heimdall hath been suddenly overcome!" after smacking the rainbow bridge...

No Caption Provided

Back to Mighty Thor #15, Kallark later attempts to blitz a dazed Jane Foster after punching her through a wall only to be totally put on his ass in one hit and needed to be saved by Kubark's heat vision. Off the top of my head, Jane has one good reaction feat to her name...

Jane's physical superiority to Kallark is again implied in Mighty Thor #16 when he says "sorry" which angers the Shi'ar gods, then gets right hooked by Sharra leaving him as a crumpled mess that can hardly speak. In comparison, Jane took a punch from Sharra a few seconds later, and despite being hurt by it is nowhere near Gladiator's level of beaten...

Gladiator shows zero speed showings outside of blitzing Heimdall and to be frank his portrayal in Mighty Thor just hurts your case even further. Although not Banner Hulk, Amadeus has actually been hit by Jane with Mjolnir in Totally Awesome Hulk #6 when under the impression that Hulk was intentionally in league with The Enchantress, the difference being that Cho easily stopped the hit with one arm...

No Caption Provided

It's worth noting that Cho managed to stalemate Banner's classic Hulk in Generations: Banner Hulk & The Totally Awesome Hulk, with classic Hulk obviously being far weaker than modern Hulk. To further that argument, it's been very heavily established in multiple series and by Greg Pak directly in Interviews that Amadeus' Hulk is a good deal inferior to Banners. Just food for thought...

• This feat shows how Gladiator perceives the world around him. He spends half an issue contemplating about whether or not to save the dick of a boss he works for, while flashing back to past events in his life, in the time it takes a sniper bullet to reach its target

This isn't combat-speed, you haven't shown a single impressive showing of Kallark doing anything more than one action at high speed, the only instance you have to back your case isn't canon to 616 Gladiator therefore irrelevant to this thread. I've shown example upon example of Gladiator failing to use combat speed, with even his own creator having him imply that Gambit was hard to hit. You haven't even shown Kallark dodge a single attack, nor anything at all to suggest that Hulk is going to struggle to hit him, and I haven't even started showing any of Hulk's reaction feats yet because I haven't had to. Anyway, the only instance I can recall of Gladiator 'blitzing' people at high speed took place in War of Kings #3 where he basically just flew around a ship knocking people over when they weren't expecting him, only stopping to punch Havok and Lorna:

Not only is this unimpressive to say the least as Lillandra could still see him coming and everyone else was distracted, but Hulk was matching this type of blur speed every other issue back in Indestructible Hulk. Furthermore, in the same comic Alex previously managed to react to Kallark just fine when he saw him coming and blasted him into a wall...

No Caption Provided

So let's not pretend that Kallark's speed is going to be a factor here, or Kallark himself for that matter. On that note, Gladiator has attempted to use speed against hulk before back when they fought in The Incredible Hulk Annual 1997, Gladiator attempted to BFR Hulk by dragging him into space only for Hulk to react in time and cause them both to plummet back to Earth...

Hulk clearly caused harm to him, reacted to his speed and the narration made it clear that Gladiator would've been freaking deaf if they weren't halfway to space. I'll get more into this encounter in a second, but for now, Gladiator's 'drag to space' tactic is a consistent one he used on more than one occasion, using a similar tactic on Supreme during the same year that this took place (1997) in Gladiator/Supreme and also against Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy #17 respectively, with said tactic working on both opponents whereas Hulk was capable of reacting to it...

I'm not going to pretend that Hulk is a speedster because he isn't, but his reaction speed is very impressive, certainly more than enough to hit anyone here repeatedly if he wants to.

I doubt their durability will come into play much, but Gladiator is plenty durable as seen with that half a star system busting explosion. It's worth noting he wasn't even knocked out, although it did leave him dazed and confused

• He can swim through stars and be "dissatisfied with the challenge"

The first statement is laughable, you proving that the team has enough durability to withstand Hulk's blows is the only thing that might make this an interesting debate, because I sure as hell know that Hulk isn't going to be significantly hurt by this team at all nor is he going to struggle hitting them. Thus far I believe I've built a very convincing case that Gladiator doesn't belong here and I intend to do the same for Hyperion next, but to just finish up these last two sections, the 'half a star system' as already established is an extreme outlier, but the second feat mentioned is also irrelevant. Not only did it come from the same Marvel Comics Presents issue that the planet busting feat came from, but Gladiator is in a Red Giant which is less hot than our sun for instance and the Narration directly mentions that the pain is tremendous for him. On that note, Hulk isn't going to be burning Gladiator, he's going to be punching him really, really hard. Blunt force and heat are two totally different things, the former -as I've shown- Hulk has in spades, more than enough to stomp Gladiator anyway.

His heat vision is going to be doing nothing here, neither is Hyperions and neither are Sentrys ranged attacks either. As you mentioned towards the end of your post, when Bruce and Kallark fought, Gladiator used heat vision and it certainly did a number on Hulk by piercing his skin and burning his insides. What you purposely neglected to mention is that not only was Hulk pre-core breach and thus far weaker, but he was also weakened to a very large degree in that time period due to being the nexus of two universes and had constant energies flowing through him that were killing him. This is explained by the narration in Incredible Hulk #460...

No Caption Provided

This isn't just stated, it was shown multiple times and one of the most affected factors was durability, for instance, in Deadpool #4 Hulk outright says "You idiot! A broken pipe can't hurt-" then proceeds to get impaled by a random broken pipe. Deadpool makes a note that Hulk shouldn't be hurt by a random street sign, and Hulk literally says that he has problems as to why that was possible. If that isn't direct evidence I don't know what is...

Anyway, I know exactly how your going to respond and it's by using this scan from Incredible Hulk #450 wherein Strange states that the energies of two universes will make him stronger than ever but also kill him...

No Caption Provided

The problem with this argument is that it's constantly referenced that Hulk looks stronger than ever and feels it himself, but at the same time appears vulnerable and by feats was completely weakened. in the very same issue, the narration directly implies that Janis feels that Hulk seems so powerful, but at the same time feels like he might be taken out by a slight breeze...

No Caption Provided

This assessment is also shared by Wolverine in Incredible Hulk #454 when he notes that hulk >SEEMS< stronger than ever but appears vulnerable somehow. This is later directly shown when Hulk gets owned by a freaking T-Rex to the point that Logan thought he purposely lost to unite two warring tribes... Until Hulk collapses from exhaustion when Logan pats him on the back...

Hulk himself makes the same assessment a few issues earlier in Incredible Hulk #449 when Mach-1 shoots and hits Hulk with a single regular heat-seeking missile that causes Hulk harm. Banner himself notes that he feels stronger than ever so doesn't understand why it hurt so much, and several pages later collapses from the single attack...

If the trend isn't obvious, Hulk seemed and felt far stronger than he'd ever been because so much power was flowing through him from the two universes. However, the same power was killing him and actually made him considerably weaker to the point that Wolverine, Janis, Deadpool and even Hulk himself note his considerable drop in performance. With that in mind, this was the same Gladiator that Hulk battled and defeated back in 1997 in the instance you cited of Gladiator harming Hulk with his heat vision. You knew about this context because I've discussed it with you before but you chose to ignore it. Poor form. This should be enough to prove that Kallark isn't scratching WBH with his heat vision when combined with my other energy resistance feats previously presented

Anyhow, with that context in mind, Hulk already managed to harm Gladiator in this weakened and pre-core breach state with a single smash causing Gladiator to be cut up, bruised and his composure broken to the point he shouts "Brute! Your reckoning is at hand!".

This is after one actual smash which I also have the scan for
This is after one actual smash which I also have the scan for

In fact, the mere fall to Earth harms both Hulk and Gladiator to the point that their voices are cracked and both struggle to speak properly inferring that it caused a good deal of damage to both of them...

No Caption Provided

On that point however, we know how a full strength pre-core breach Hulk can handle atmospheric re-entry because he did so during Incredible Hulk Vol.3 #104 back on Sakaar, more specifically towards the back end of Planet Hulk when he was in his Green Scar incarnation but still pre-core breach...

The difference being that he does it for fun and can literally laugh it off without a scratch on his body.

I believe that I've shown that your feats are either inconsistent, irrelevant or in some cases flat out wrong and misleading to the voters. Taking into account both my counters and the feats I previously presented, I feel that Hulk is going to easily tag Gladiator, is going to easily break him in half, and isn't going to be hurt at all. As noted multiple times, World Breaker Hulk is simply in a completely different ballpark to Kallark along with the rest of your team and Kallark isn't bringing anything to the table that Hulk hasn't overcome hundreds of times before. To best put my thoughts of Hulk vs Gladiator into perspective, this Gif should help:

Loading Video...

This should be enough for now, moving onto Hyperion.