CaV. Wonder Woman (TMWQ) vs. Captain Marvel (PSI-BITE234)!

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman (TMWQ):

No Caption Provided

Captain Marvel (PSI-BITE234:

No Caption Provided

Rules:

1. In character
  2. New 52 Wonder Woman & 616 Captain Marvel
  3. Standard equipment (Bracelets, Sword, and Lasso for WW)
  4. Win by KO, death, or incapacitation
  5. Standard CaV. rules. Leaving the debating to me, and PSI.

No Caption Provided

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HuthiMula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psi-bite234:

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

I don't think Wonder Woman needs an introduction. She's one of the most iconic fictional characters of all time, and recognized by millions across the world. I also don't like making character introductions, so there's that to.

Why I believe Diana wins!

While CM will definitely give Diana troubles, at the end of the day I see Diana coming out on top. This is due to Diana having multiple advantages that I believe will give her the egde over CM.

• Speed
  • Skill
  • Weapons

Speed

In-terms of raw combat speed, I believe that Diana has CM outclassed by quite a bit. Diana is capable of fighting at massively hypersonic speeds, and is able to casually block hundreds of bullets using her gauntlets. On top of that, she was also able to react Darkseid's Omega Beams & block them using her gauntlets at close range (these were the same Omega Beams that could keep pace with Superman & the Flash).

No Caption Provided

Skill

Diana is a highly skilled warrior, and has been training ever since she was a child. This is made even more impressive when you consider the fact she was trained by the God of War himself, Ares. Even in her youth, her skill was so immense that she was even able to overcome some of her Amazonian teachers.

No Caption Provided

Weapons

Diana's weapons give her a major advantage in this match-up. Let me cover why.

Gaunlets: Her gaunlets can be used to block energy attacks from CM, and they should have 0 issues doing so given the fact that they were able, as showed in an earlier scan, block the Omega Beams (the OBs are capable of putting Superman down in one-shot).

The Lasso of Truth: Diana can use TLoT to restrain, or toss CM around like she does Supergirl in these scans. Supergirl, physically, isn't very impressive in the New 52, but she has some solid showings like using a cargo ship as a bat to send Superman flying.

Sword: I'm not familiar with any of CM's piercing durability feats, but based on the little I know of her, I don't see her being able tank a swing from Diana's sword which is capable of splitting atoms. This isn't hyperbole either as the sword has been used to cause a Nuclear explosion by doing exactly what it's been said to be capable of.

Diana's swords also give her another option for blocking energy attacks from CM (note that this is also a good skill showing as she's able to deflect a blow from Fiora while simultaneously blocking General Zod's heat-vision).

Striking: Diana has more than enough striking power to lay the hurt on CM. She's been able to harm the likes of Aquaman, and Superman with her strikes (leaving both with bloody lips as a result).

For refrence, Clark was only pissed off after getting kicked across multiple states by Wrath (Clark's phyiscal superior), and Aquaman has be able to shrug off blows from an out of control Martian Manhunter.

Like I said, I don't know much about CM, but I did do a bit of research before I made this post. From what I've seen, the three advantages I covered will allow Diana to take the W over CM more often than not. Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. Your move!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. TAEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel (Carol danvers)

No Caption Provided

In-terms of raw combat speed, I believe that Diana has CM outclassed by quite a bit. Diana is capable of fighting at massively hypersonic speeds, and is able to casually block hundreds of bullets using her gauntlets. On top of that, she was also able to react Darkseid's Omega Beams & block them using her gauntlets at close range (these were the same Omega Beams that could keep pace with Superman & the Flash).

If I have to say their not that far behind each other considering Carol has her seventh sense which allows her to predict her opponents movements. She's also quick enough to dodge a energy blast which was stated to be moving faster then the speed of light. Her flight speed is also quite impressive considering she's capable of flying at Mach 246+

Diana is a highly skilled warrior, and has been training ever since she was a child. This is made even more impressive when you consider the fact she was trained by the God of War himself, Ares. Even in her youth, her skill was so immense that she was even able to overcome some of her Amazonian teachers.

Carol has been genetically enhanced with the knowledge and instinct of a kree warrior and has taking down small groups of AIM soldiers. Most impressively while being powerless she's capable of taking down the villainous Mystique

Gaunlets: Her gaunlets can be used to block energy attacks from CM, and they should have 0 issues doing so given the fact that they were able, as showed in an earlier scan, block the Omega Beams (the OBs are capable of putting Superman down in one-shot).

Most definitely Diana's gauntlets should be capable of blocking Carol's energy blasts but even still if she manages to land energy hit on Diana it would definitely hurt considering that you provided zero energy durability feats. Carol energy is powerful enough to tear through Iron Patriot, Iron Man and Hulkbuster 's amour.

Diana can use TLoT to restrain, or toss CM around like she does Supergirl in these scans. Supergirl, physically, isn't very impressive in the New 52, but she has some solid showings like using a cargo ship as a bat to send Superman flying.

If Diana restrains Carol with her lasso the only way out would be a massive AOE wave of energy that would definitely knock Diana back.

I'm not familiar with any of CM's piercing durability feats, but based on the little I know of her, I don't see her being able tank a swing from Diana's sword which is capable of splitting atoms. This isn't hyperbole either as the sword has been used to cause a Nuclear explosion by doing exactly what it's been said to be capable of.

Diana's sword won't be a problem for Carol considering that she has a greater healing factor then Wolverine and for the nuke thingy Carol has actually absorbed nuke before.

No Caption Provided

Striking: Diana has more than enough striking power to lay the hurt on CM. She's been able to harm the likes of Aquaman, and Superman with her strikes (leaving both with bloody lips as a result).

Carol definitely has the striking to put down Diana in a couple of blows which she could amp with her energy.

No Caption Provided

Nuclear Man can take a beating from She-Hulk without issue - The Sensational She-Hulk (1989) #38

Overall this is a good fight but form what was shown Carol should take this quite handily considering she's stronger and more durable while also having energy projectiles which should hurt Diana a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers