No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001 will be representing Psylocke

No Caption Provided

Tale Of The Tape

PsylockeBlack Panther
Height: 5'11Height: 6'0
Weight: 155lbsWeight: 200lbs
Ocupation: X-Man/NinjaOccupation: Monarch/Avenger
Debut: Captain Britain #8 (1986)Debut: Fantastic Four #52 (1966)

Rules Of Combat

• 5 Round Limit (shamelessly stolen from Veshark)
  • Betsy may not use mind control.
  • Random Encounter
  • Black Panther is Pre KOTD.
  • In Character
  • Starting Distance: 100 feet
  • Standard Gear
  • Winner by KO, Death or Incap.

Arena (Empty Walmart)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sovereign91001

@kidman560: Lmao.

No Caption Provided

I'm actually working on your post as we speak. I just need to track down a couple feats. :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: It's sweet man! You mind going first? I got too much swag to do that :D

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sovereign91001
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

But before we get this all started, I just need to remind everyone whose got the most swag here!

No Caption Provided

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Iragexcudder
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave
No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine008
Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: lol u called someone out on credibility as a person for saying swag. Now u cant even stray from the word

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sovereign91001

Round 1: Introducing Psylocke

No Caption Provided

You indicated you don't know a lot about Psylocke so I thought I'd take this opportunity to educate you a bit and everyone else who isn't familar with her powers, skills, etc. For me Psylocke is what Wolverine is like to you, I've studied her extensively, to the point that I'm pretty sure I've read everything she's ever been published in.

Psylocke is often overlooked or underrated. Whenever I see her being discussed its always: she's powerful, but... or she's skilled, but... So in addition to getting to debate an awesome debater, hopefully I can do a bit to help bolster her up a bit. Let's get started.

Fighting Skills

Having seen you debate before I know that a common question you pose to other viners is to show thier work in regards to their claims of their character's hand to hand skills. To save you a bit of time I'll go ahead and do that here for Betsy.

The interesting thing about her martial prowess is that the growth has (by in large) been documented on-pannel since her debut. She started off as an X-Man with next to no skill, primary relying on her Telepathy (and later custom built armor) to carry her through battle and she generally avoided fighting in CQC situations whenever possible. This all changed when she was kidnapped and brainwashed by the Hand into becoming an agent for them, actually becoming their top Assassin for a time.

In adittion to the bump to her fighting skills (and switching her ethnicity), this was when her signature Psy-Knife first appeared. Her approach to combat changed almost immediately, she still utilized her telepathy, but now she mixed it with her newfound fighting prowess.

No Caption Provided

These techniques have been further refined over the years until she was nearly killed by Sabertooth. After she was infused with the Crimison Dawn, at this point her skills were described as rivialing a Ninja Grandmaster.

No Caption Provided

Even her then boyfriend Archangel noticed her skill increase.

No Caption Provided

During her time with the Exiles, she recieved two more skill bumps, one minor (Training from AOA Sabertooth)

No Caption Provided

and one major (Training from an AU Ogun.) The later gifted her with a lifetime of training over the period of a few hours.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She's shown mastery in Stealth

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu and Kenpo. She has incoperated numerous other martial art techniques into her fighting style including:

Wing-Chun

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kickboxing.

No Caption Provided

Nerve strikes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She has a solid knowledge of where and how to strike, as well as reading her opponents moves (without TP).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In addition to this Betsy has incorporated her Telepathy and Telekinesis into her fighting style to further enhance her combat prowess. Currently she favors a mixture of her older long distance and her newer CQC fighting style, giving her effectiveness in long, close and mid ranges. She's very agile here is a fight between her and a cell of the Hand, this will give you an idea of how she 'moves' in combat, you'll notice that she uses TP, TK, h2h fighting and Kenjutsu.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In and above that she has all the hallmarks of a top tier fighter; she's capable of:

deflecting and dodging bullets

No Caption Provided

Moving faster than the eye can follow.

No Caption Provided

and keeping up with various superhuman opponents in combat (those will be used later).

Telepathy

For a long time this was Betsy's main offensive tool in battle, as such it is arguably the most developed of her powers.

In Rick Remander's X-Factor Jean Grey from the AOA reality unlocked her telepathic potential to the point that she is now considered an Omega-Level telepath (not mutant as some people say, she's only an Omega level telepath).

>Link<

No Caption Provided

According to Doctor Nemesis she is the third strongest telepath on the planet (presumebly) after Legion and Rachel Grey.

No Caption Provided

In combat Betsy favors the typical suite of telepathic tricks;

Illusions.

No Caption Provided

Mind control.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Psi-bolts

No Caption Provided

mind reading.

No Caption Provided

Shutting down (or forcibly activating) powers of her opponents.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Masking her presence.

No Caption Provided

and even numbing pain receptors.

No Caption Provided

And of course her signature telepathic attack, the Psy-Knife.

No Caption Provided

which can kill or KO an opponent when she shoves it into their head.

Telekinesis

Betsy gained Telekinesis when her powers were swapped with Jean Grey

At first she had trouble using her newfound powers on a small scale, she couldn't lift a dime, but she could one shot Sabertooth in the Danger Room.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

over the years though she has perfected her control so this is no longer an issue. Now her contol is so fine she can use her TK to render her molocules invisible.

No Caption Provided

In battle she has shown to use her TK to engage in flight

No Caption Provided

enhance her speed and strength,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the generation of shields

No Caption Provided

pushing and pulling her opponents

No Caption Provided

make-shift bandages to close wounds.

No Caption Provided

But perhaps the most iconic usage is the TK Katana.

No Caption Provided

it doesn't cut skin or organs but causes massive shock and tremendous pain to wherever it connects. If it connects with the head or any part of the brain, it is fully capable of rendering her opponent unconcious or dead. It has other uses including breaking through mental shielding.

It can cut through normal matter and even energy unimpeded

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and of course she can channel her normal Telekinetic Force through it.

No Caption Provided

While the Katana is her favored weapon to use TK through, Her skill with her TK shaping has advanced to the point she's formed a

bat

No Caption Provided

a crossbow

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

a Yumi (long bow)

No Caption Provided

and a flail.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her databook graph, it's a bit outdated, but it's the latest one. She now has her TP back, Jamie's manipulation has been undone and she's an Omega telepath, so I think her energy projection should be at a 6.

No Caption Provided

So there you go, you have (hopefully) a better idea of what Betsy is capable off. I have a lot of stuff left and I don't wanna give it all away on an opener so, I'll pass to you.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sovereign91001

@allstarsuperman: I kept getting error codes, when I tried to post. I guess the site hiccoughed and it counted my post three times, I deleted the other two.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: yeah I was just giving you a heads up, anyway tag for voting cause this looks cool.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sovereign91001

@wolverine08 Oh and because I've been taking notes from my buddy @wyldsong here is some of the 'hawtness'

No Caption Provided

Even Cyclops would be impressed.

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shake when I see @sovereign91001 using Psylocke :P

Let me know when it's time to vote guys :)

I and kidman are going to do a similar battle soon btw

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting puh-leez

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine008

@sovereign91001: Thank you for the education mate :) Now it's time for the best there is to get rolling! *Wolverine08 enters the ring*

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In this corner, I got the King of Wakanda, Black Panther:

No Caption Provided

I don't think most people need much of an introduction to him because T'Challa gets used a lot on these forums, so I'll just jump straight into your points. Firstly, fighting skill:

Fighting Skill:

She's shown mastery in Stealth

Luckily, Black Panther has pretty sweet technical aptitude with stealth himself. His skill with the art is great enough that he was able to break into Kingpin's Shadowland undetected even with premier assassins like Lady Bullseye guarding the place:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

He knows enough about stealth that he was able to detect Kraven the Hunter(One of, if not the best hunter around Marvel street land) trailing him even though he was depowered at the time and subsequently didn't have his enhanced senses to aid him:

No Caption Provided

Another great instance of T'Challa stealth capabilities that are extremely pertinent to the battle as well is shown below:

No Caption Provided

T'Challa stealth skill is great enough to temporarily bypass the telepathic abilities of a telepath as strong as Cable through the use of the environment around him. This skill can aid him by hiding throughout this Wal Mart battle field, even if just for a short amount of time to get a feel for what he's up against, and it also shows that he has a counter for Psylocke once he deduces her capabilities.

Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu and Kenpo. She has incoperated numerous other martial art techniques into her fighting style including:

Wing-Chun

Kickboxing.

Black Panther has a pretty extensive know how in regards to sheer depth of martial knowledge as well. Just recently in AVX: VS #5 while he fought his former wife Storm, he noted that he had studied every fighting style that is known to man:

No Caption Provided

This is also backed up by T'Challa's bio in the Avengers Ultimate Guide pointing out that he has also mastered all these forms of combat to boot.

No Caption Provided

Nerve strikes.

With the evidence shown thus far, I think I would say that Black Panther has greater technical skill and knowledge in this area martially. First off, for a taste of how effective his nerve strikes are, he was able to temporarily paralyze Luke Cage(Bulletproof, tanked hits from the Thing, etc.) via nerve strikes:

No Caption Provided

In terms of using pressure points esoterically, he knows how to do things like put people to sleep via pressure points:

No Caption Provided

And in terms of sheer knowledge, while he was fighting a Super Skrull whom possessed the fighting styles of several heroes like Captain America, Shang Chi, and even himself, he noted that he has knowledge of 32 different pressure points that can bring about injury, or even death in human beings.

No Caption Provided

In and above that she has all the hallmarks of a top tier fighter; she's capable of:

deflecting and dodging bullets

Black Panther is fast enough to dodge multiple bullets after they have been fired in mid air as well:

No Caption Provided

He's also dodged a point blank sniper rifle after it had been fired:

No Caption Provided

and if we want to step it up a notch, Black Panther has been able to catch projectiles fired at him by a Super Skrull whom was firing with the aim of Bullseye, one of the premier marksmen around Marvel Earth.

Moving faster than the eye can follow.

Black Panther has replicated this feat, twice in fact.

No Caption Provided

and the second time, he moved in a blur like fashion as he attacked some gun men.

No Caption Provided

and keeping up with various superhuman opponents in combat (those will be used later).

Even though you're going to showcase these feats later, I thought I might as well give a little taste of Black Panther's speed and how impressive it has been noted to be against fellow meta humans.

Wolverine(Confirmed superhuman whom can close 30 feet fast enough to look like he's teleported, can kill people whom react in the spaces between seconds fast enough for them to not notice that they have died, etc.) commented on Black Panther's speed the first time they met in battle.

"Nice moves, Cat-Man, I'm not easily evaded."

He was also extremely surprised by Black Panther's speed in another encounter in which he didn't properly ready himself:

No Caption Provided

Even with Victor having a headstart in his attempt to flee, Black Panther was not only to catch up to Sabretooth, but Victor even remarked that no one should be that fast:

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man, one of the fastest street levelers around either Marvel or DC with feats like dodging a 4,000 FPS bullet after it had been fired, not only got tagged by T'Challa in the instance shown below, but also compared their Panther and Spider speed.

No Caption Provided

Gear:

I figured that Psylocke's assortment of telepathic tools would fall into the category of gear, so I decided to give a little info surrounding Black Panther's gear, and the advantages it brings to him throughout this fight.

Since I am using Pre King of the Dead Black Panther here,T'Challa's gear will be composed of

His vibranium suit:

No Caption Provided

Anti Metal claws:

No Caption Provided

and his energy daggers:

No Caption Provided

Black Panther's vibranium suit is of course, composed of vibranium. Vibranium is a special metal native to only T'Challa's kingdom, Wakanda. The properties of vibranium allow it to absorb the momentum and energy of attacks directed at it. The vibranium weave that composes T'Challa's suit follows the same function pattern. The main thing that I want to point out here is that the suit has not only a very consistent track record with absorbing energy, but a very versatile soakage capability as well. First off, the suit's soaking capability has let T'Challa soak a barrage of blows thrown at him by a bloodlusted Iron Fist whom was punching with each strike with the force of a freight train(20,000 tons per strike)

No Caption Provided

The suit also let him absorb the cosmic energy shot at him by the Galactus Herald Stardust, and he was confirmed to be still conscious by Silver Surfer after soaking the attack.

No Caption Provided

The suit also let T'Challa get stabbed point blank by an energy dagger and not suffer any injury:

No Caption Provided

With the suit being able to soak so many different forms of energy, I think it is safe to say that the suit can soak some of the damage that Psylocke's psychic energy based attacks so as long as they don't get any vital spots like the head or his organs, and it's not like T'Challa is going to be trying to soak damage either.

The energy daggers are something that Black Panther created by himself with his top tier genius. They have different settings, and their cutting power even without switching to higher end settings is great enough to blast through forged steel like it was cheese:

No Caption Provided

T'Challa also has knowledge of how to use his energy daggers to deaden all the nerves in a person's body without killing them. This will be very handy in close quarters while he combats Psylocke.

No Caption Provided

The anti metal claws are similar to the energy daggers, but they are different in that the metal it is made of, Arctic vibranium is specially made to cut through any type of metal by destroying the molecular bonds that hold it together:

No Caption Provided

Misty Knight was able to use it to cut through an adamantium sword:

Obviously, Psylocke doesn't have any metal based objects for Black Panther to use, but the combination of the anti metal claws and the energy daggers will be a potent duo in melee combat.

Well, that's it for my first post. I look forward to your counter, and I'm still standing strong as the best!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

I shake when I see @sovereign91001 using Psylocke :P

Let me know when it's time to vote guys :)

I and kidman are going to do a similar battle soon btw

Tag me for voting puh-leez

Sure thing guys.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sovereign91001

@wolverine08

Round 2: The Fight

Okay let me clear something up about Betsy's gear, she usually carries a Katana or two into battle, her current one is called Shurayuki. Thus far it has no special powers and is a regular Katana, it's was a gift from an old friend.

No Caption Provided

Alright, since both of our character's have been introduced, let's get to the scrape.

No Caption Provided

With the evidence shown thus far, I think I would say that Black Panther has greater technical skill and knowledge in this area martially

This is undoubtedly true and something I knew coming into this fight and it's not a point I'm going to waste time debating as to do so would be foolish. However while Betsy's is outmatched in that particular department, her power's let her compensate for this handicap as she is able to amp her stats (at least to Ms. Marvel levels) and even without doing so, she has been able to

Blitz Magneto

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fight Omega Red

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dance around Archangel

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and keep pace with Wolverine who also dwarves her in the technical department as well. So while she may be out skilled to a degree, she isn't going to be stomped in the h2h department and while technical skill is an important componant to h2h fighting, it's not a game ender and the more skilled fighter doesn't always prevail. (Might be out of order).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Another great instance of T'Challa stealth capabilities that are extremely pertinent to the battle as well is shown below:

No Caption Provided

T'Challa stealth skill is great enough to temporarily bypass the telepathic abilities of a telepath as strong as Cable through the use of the environment around him. This skill can aid him by hiding throughout this Wal Mart battle field, even if just for a short amount of time to get a feel for what he's up against, and it also shows that he has a counter for Psylocke once he deduces her capabilities.

A few things to note, I don't believe Cable was actively scanning for Panther, it seems he was spending time in contemplation. It appears that his TP (which never turns off and has been described as picking up stray thoughts) picked up Panther's presences. Betsy on the other hand will be actively scanning for Panther which should make a considerable difference.

Another thing, although I'm unsure at what point in his publication history (it's at least post 1996) that scan was taken from, I will say Cable's telepathic power levels has varied quite a bit over time. I'd also say that currently at least Betsy has more telepathic power than Cable does (she was unsure whether she or Stryfe was stronger), with the obvious exception of Savior Cable. She now has enough telepathic power to single-handedly overpower the Shadow King in astral combat, something Xavier hasn't even be able to do.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you weren't aware, Shadow King is a planetary level telepath, he managed to enslave Marvel Earth before and he beat Betsy pretty handily before.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In and above that, she's been able to affect genuine speedster's with her TP with no problem.

No Caption Provided

So should have no problem locking onto Panther and he shouldn't be able to avoid her TP. As for the range of her TP, she was able to sense Wolverine's mind from Australia while he was in Central America, well before she had any psychic buffs, so no matter where Panther is in the store she should be able to find him.

No Caption Provided

With the suit being able to soak so many different forms of energy, I think it is safe to say that the suit can soak some of the damage that Psylocke's psychic energy based attacks so as long as they don't get any vital spots like the head or his organs, and it's not like T'Challa is going to be trying to soak damage either.

I'm having a debate with Kidman560 atm, and this point has been brought up. My argument to him is the same one I'm going to use with you; Betsy's psychic weapon's have had no problem penetrating Wolverine's adamantium skull time after time to penetrate into his brain, I don't think they should have a problem piercing Panther's armor.

The Way Of The Ninja.

So Betsy's first action will be to use her TP to get a lock on Panther's position, this is nothing more than a basic psyscan, she's not trying to penetrate his mind (at least not yet). Once she gets his position she'll use her TP to mask her presence and go for the stealth route (she's even been able to do this against Wolverine's hyper senses as I showed in my opening post). Using her ninja skills she'll get into an advantageous position and go for a sneak attack with her sword. Now while Panther's armor has awesome resistance to cutting damage, it is possible to cut it by going against the grain, now while Betsy doesn't know this it is possible for this to benefit her. Creed was able to do so with no prior knowledge, so if she slashes him she could possibly cause some damage.

I'm still standing strong as the best!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Alright

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Avatar image for MalignantPikmin
MalignantPikmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine008

@sovereign91001:

Heh, the champ ain't done yet!

No Caption Provided

Round 2:

No Caption Provided

Okay let me clear something up about Betsy's gear, she usually carries a Katana or two into battle, her current one is called Shurayuki. Thus far it has no special powers and is a regular Katana, it's was a gift from an old friend.

Ah, thank you for the confirmation mate. In regards to Psylocke's sword, if she starts off with her sword sans powers while getting a feel for Black Panther, she can't do a straight forward thrust into the vibraium suit due to the fact that it absorbs the momentum of attacks. If she does, the result will be like so:

No Caption Provided

for her to damage the suit, she needs to slash it in a manner like so:

No Caption Provided

This is undoubtedly true and something I knew coming into this fight and it's not a point I'm going to waste time debating as to do so would be foolish. However while Betsy's is outmatched in that particular department, her power's let her compensate for this handicap as she is able to amp her stats (at least to Ms. Marvel levels) and even without doing so, she has been able to

Blitz Magneto

Well, Magneto isn't a skilled fighter is he? Granted, he's immensely powerful and knows how to use those powers, but there is quite a big difference between battling it out with a superpowered being and fighting a super powered being whom also happens to be a high end fighter.

Fight Omega Red

Black Panther has a pretty good track record fighting physically superior opponents himself. Back in Black Panther vol 4 #40, he managed to successfully defeat a Super Skrull whom was rocking not only Luke Cage levels of strength and durability(Class 20 or so) but the fighting skills of martial artists like Captain America, Shang Chi, Elektra, and even himself along with other esoteric skills like Bullseye's marksmanship:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

This a pretty good example of how Black Panther understands and knows how to use his martial skill to the fullest of it's potential to get an edge in a fight.

He's also been able to fight a Killomonger whom was physically amped to the point where he was one shot killing elephants and has also managed to study T'Challa's fighting style for 13 hours straight with only 1 hour breaks in between and only lost because he got distracted and Killomonger subsequently cheated.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Even without his physically enhancements, Black Panther has been able to fight Kraven the Hunter, a superhuman himself with a healing factor who is also a pretty good fighter himself showing so through doing things like creating his own styles and beating Daredevil, and T'Challa not only fought him, but also got an upperhand in an admittedly inconclusive fight.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

and keep pace with Wolverine who also dwarves her in the technical department as well.

Black Panther has also had a fight with Wolverine himself in Contest of Champions:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Admittedly this fight was inconclusive due to Thing's arrival and interruption of the fight, and Black Panther did end up pinning Wolverine, but I'd say it's impressive considering that T'Challa managed to avoid strikes from a top five martial artist on Marvel Earth, but he was also most likely giving less effort since he was considering the whole event a game whereas Wolverine remarked that any fight worth fighting is also worth winning.

A few things to note, I don't believe Cable was actively scanning for Panther, it seems he was spending time in contemplation. It appears that his TP (which never turns off and has been described as picking up stray thoughts) picked up Panther's presences. Betsy on the other hand will be actively scanning for Panther which should make a considerable difference.

Another thing, although I'm unsure at what point in his publication history (it's at least post 1996) that scan was taken from, I will say Cable's telepathic power levels has varied quite a bit over time. I'd also say that currently at least Betsy has more telepathic power than Cable does (she was unsure whether she or Stryfe was stronger), with the obvious exception of Savior Cable.

Good point, but my main point was how Cable noted that T'Challa seems to know how to mask his own thoughts like a trained telepath, and the scan is from the early 2000's.

So should have no problem locking onto Panther and he shouldn't be able to avoid her TP. As for the range of her TP, she was able to sense Wolverine's mind from Australia while he was in Central America, well before she had any psychic buffs, so no matter where Panther is in the store she should be able to find him.

Fair enough.

I'm having a debate with Kidman560 atm, and this point has been brought up. My argument to him is the same one I'm going to use with you; Betsy's psychic weapon's have had no problem penetrating Wolverine's adamantium skull time after time to penetrate into his brain, I don't think they should have a problem piercing Panther's armor.

Well, I do think the problem with that comparison is that while are similar in that they are both top tier metals around Marvel land, they differ in that they don't function in similar ways. Adamantium is just hard. Very hard in fact. Which is what aid Wolverine in being able to take large amounts of blunt force, but the damage still injures him internally, and that's where the healing factor comes into play. Vibranium differs in that its main function is the absorption of energy forces, and T'Challa's vibranium weave that makes up T'Challa's suit has shown that it's capable of soaking various forms of energy from chi, to energy dagger, to cosmic energy. I'd also point out that enerfy daggers themselves can blow through adamantium as well:

No Caption Provided

Yet his brother White Wolf's straight forward thrust with his energy dagger was soaked and didn't have any effect on T'Challa. Considering how versatile the soaking the capabilities of T'Challa's suit have been shown to be, I would say that there is solid evidence that it can soak psychic based energy as well, and the rule of thrusting vs piercing will apply to Psylocke as well here.

So Betsy's first action will be to use her TP to get a lock on Panther's position, this is nothing more than a basic psyscan, she's not trying to penetrate his mind (at least not yet). Once she gets his position she'll use her TP to mask her presence and go for the stealth route (she's even been able to do this against Wolverine's hyper senses as I showed in my opening post). Using her ninja skills she'll get into an advantageous position and go for a sneak attack with her sword. Now while Panther's armor has awesome resistance to cutting damage, it is possible to cut it by going against the grain, now while Betsy doesn't know this it is possible for this to benefit her. Creed was able to do so with no prior knowledge, so if she slashes him she could possibly cause some damage.

This plan is solid, but my main question is if Pyslocke has enough time to pull this all off on Black Panther. Considering that T'Challa is morals off here, he's not really going to wait and see in contrast to trying to push the offensive from the start of things. There isn't much space here to cover(I'm assuming that Psylocke and Black Panther are starting from opposite ends of the aisle shown in the OP), and considering that T'Challa is the faster physical specimen of the two sans Psylocke amping her stats, he can probably cover said distance in a shorter amount of time. Black Panther isn't limited to just trying to run down the distance between the two to get into melee combat,(Which he has the advantage of superior skill and stats) he can also go to range via his energy daggers like so:

No Caption Provided

This can let T'Challa throw off Psylocke and stop her from getting into a comfort from the start of the fight. Also, since his aim with projectiles is great enough to throw a sword down a propane tank:

No Caption Provided

he most likely has the aim necessary to make it hard for Psylocke to dodge further stopping her from establishing herself.

That's all I got now. Looking forward to your next post, and yes I am the best. Deal with it!

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Love that picture used in Round 2 for T'Challa!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By reaverlation

@wolverine08: Agreed.In fact just made it my phone lock screen wallpaper lol

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Great post dude. I'm gonna have a counter up in the next day or so.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolverine008
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sovereign91001
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sovereign91001
NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ohh man tag me for voting. I debated first hand against soverign with psyloke. Tough shit... Tough shit.

But srsly, tagg me, this is gonna be a fun read.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sovereign91001

@wolverine08:

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back and hopefully this post was worth the wait.

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Things are about to get heavy.

Ah, thank you for the confirmation mate. In regards to Psylocke's sword, if she starts off with her sword sans powers while getting a feel for Black Panther, she can't do a straight forward thrust into the vibraium suit due to the fact that it absorbs the momentum of attacks. If she does, the result will be like so:

For the most part Betsy favors slashing to stabbing, with a normal sword, you can see that in the feats I've posted so far with her wielding a sword. Here are a couple more though. With her TK Katana she's stabs more than slashes, probably to maxamize the shock as stabbing is comparatively more painful than slashing. But even still, she has no problem slashing with the TK sword.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

for her to damage the suit, she needs to slash it in a manner like so:

While I can't say for sure which way she'll slash, there is a pretty good chance that she can open the suit.

Well, Magneto isn't a skilled fighter is he? Granted, he's immensely powerful and knows how to use those powers, but there is quite a big difference between battling it out with a superpowered being and fighting a super powered being whom also happens to be a high end fighter.

All true, although he does have superhuman reactions due to his powers, he's redirected missles, bullets, etc. Plus the feat shows off more of her agility as well, she was dancing on those projectiles fairly easily.

Black Panther has a pretty good track record fighting physically superior opponents himself. Back in Black Panther vol 4 #40, he managed to successfully defeat a Super Skrull whom was rocking not only Luke Cage levels of strength and durability(Class 20 or so) but the fighting skills of martial artists like Captain America, Shang Chi, Elektra, and even himself along with other esoteric skills like Bullseye's marksmanship:

Betsy has punched outside her weight class as well; Slaymaster who was already more skilled than Betsy had been killing the Betsy's of the multiverse and after killing an AU version of himself (no doubt in a nod to The One) he absorbed his own life force and became amped.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

Other fights include: 616 Sabertooth, AOA Sabertooth Spiral, Ghost Rider and even AU versions of herself.

Good point, but my main point was how Cable noted that T'Challa seems to know how to mask his own thoughts like a trained telepath, and the scan is from the early 2000's.

If he has TP shielding/resistance that could slow her down if she tries to do something like putting him to sleep or any of the fancy TP tricks, even still this can be combatted to a degree as I'll discuss in more detail below.

Well, I do think the problem with that comparison is that while are similar in that they are both top tier metals around Marvel land, they differ in that they don't function in similar ways. Adamantium is just hard. Very hard in fact. Which is what aid Wolverine in being able to take large amounts of blunt force, but the damage still injures him internally, and that's where the healing factor comes into play. Vibranium differs in that its main function is the absorption of energy forces, and T'Challa's vibranium weave that makes up T'Challa's suit has shown that it's capable of soaking various forms of energy from chi, to energy dagger, to cosmic energy. I'd also point out that enerfy daggers themselves can blow through adamantium as well:

From just memory I know Adamantium has impressive energy resistance as well, blasts that have disintegrated Wolverine have left his skeleton behind unscathed, his skeleton survived a trip into the sun in New X-Men unscathed as well. I'll have to go feat hunting to establish this point and cover it in my next post. And a question, didn't he have to modify his suit to absorb cosmic energy? I vaguely remember hearing he got the designs from Reed or Doom to do so.

Yet his brother White Wolf's straight forward thrust with his energy dagger was soaked and didn't have any effect on T'Challa. Considering how versatile the soaking the capabilities of T'Challa's suit have been shown to be, I would say that there is solid evidence that it can soak psychic based energy as well, and the rule of thrusting vs piercing will apply to Psylocke as well here.

Her Psy constructs have been able to affect even reality warpers with no problem; including the First Fallen and her brother Jamie.

No Caption Provided

Even still I think there is a fair chance that the psy constructs will work on Panther but I'll see what I can find in terms of energy resistance for Adamantium.

This plan is solid, but my main question is if Pyslocke has enough time to pull this all off on Black Panther. Considering that T'Challa is morals off here, he's not really going to wait and see in contrast to trying to push the offensive from the start of things. There isn't much space here to cover(I'm assuming that Psylocke and Black Panther are starting from opposite ends of the aisle shown in the OP), and considering that T'Challa is the faster physical specimen of the two sans Psylocke amping her stats, he can probably cover said distance in a shorter amount of time.

Well I'll just start by saying she probably won't amp her stats straight off the bat, that'll come likely after she's had a chance to analyze him a bit. Now as for whether he can get to her before she can do anything; her TK has been described as 'light speed'.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Obviously hyperbole but still if you consider normal human though takes about a quarter of a second to think and that she's been able to activate her powers in what amounts to a few milliseconds shows the speed she can bring her powers to bear. Now to cover the 100 feet in a quarter of a second Panther would have to have movement speed at 273 mph (which breaks down to 400 fps) I know Cap can run at about 60 mph, Spidey 80 mph, I think it's safe to say he won't be able to cover the full distance before Betsy should be able to activate her powers in some capacity.

If there 'in sight' she doesn't need to scan to find him and can just skip to the masking trick. Just to further accent this point here she activates her TP on Creed and KO's him despite him having the advantage of a sneak attack (This is pre-ninja Psylocke).

No Caption Provided

Black Panther isn't limited to just trying to run down the distance between the two to get into melee combat,(Which he has the advantage of superior skill and stats) he can also go to range via his energy daggers like so: This can let T'Challa throw off Psylocke and stop her from getting into a comfort from the start of the fight. Also, since his aim with projectiles is great enough to throw a sword down a propane tank he most likely has the aim necessary to make it hard for Psylocke to dodge further stopping her from establishing herself.

Excellent point, if Panther goes for range beside's her TK shields or simply pulling the dagger out of his hand, Betsy can disrupt the energy pattern of the daggers and blunt or negate their damage. I should note that she Betsy had been beaten up throughout this issue and was expending a lot of TK energy and was by her own words 'running close to empty' on this feat. In our fight, this isn't the case and she should be able to severely blunt or negate the damage of the energy daggers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now if Psylocke is able to establish some damage with the sword she'll try to follow up, if she can get that opening damage that might be enough to give her momentum and press T'Challa until she can find the opportunity for a coup de grâce. However even if Panther is able to turn the tables, she has options at close range.

Even shielded minds can be affected by TP as shown above when Betsy used TP illusions against the S.H.I.E.L.D agents with psychic shielding. In additions to illusions she has psi-bolts (or pysho blasts), the telepathic version of the nerve strike. Nerve strikes normally circumvent durability, Psi-bolts blast through mental defenses, telepaths like Emma favor them for this reason, rather than the psychic dance of finding the correct way to shut down a mind and bypassing defenses, psi-bolts are a great way to stun, KO or even kill an opponent.

their are limitations to psi bolts though, they're used at close range and they almost always require line-of-sight on the target. Here are some feats of Betsy using them to stun, KO and Kill.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

(Second set contains 3 seperate feats).

(First is her killing a evil version of Captain Britain, who tried to rape her)

Jean Grey has circumvented Juggs TP immunity this way as well.

If Panther tries to pin Betsy or use his superior mass, she can use her TK to push him off balance, to buy her some time. If he tries to strike her, she can use TK shields to block him

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her shields are really potent, they've tanked building explosions and even held together a shuttle during re-entry.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or throw him off completely.

No Caption Provided

From there she can reposition for a shot with the Psy-Knife

That's all I got now. Looking forward to your next post, and yes I am the best. Deal with it!

No Caption Provided

But if when I win this match, I expect the reaction will be something like:

No Caption Provided

And yours will probably be something like:

No Caption Provided

And finally to close my post for this round:

A little something for all those reading.
A little something for all those reading.

Take it away my friend.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolverine008

@sovereign91001: The champ is still here!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

For the most part Betsy favors slashing to stabbing, with a normal sword, you can see that in the feats I've posted so far with her wielding a sword. Here are a couple more though. With her TK Katana she's stabs more than slashes, probably to maxamize the shock as stabbing is comparatively more painful than slashing. But even still, she has no problem slashing with the TK sword.

While I can't say for sure which way she'll slash, there is a pretty good chance that she can open the suit.

Fair enough, but I would just like to remind that that will Psylocke does have a chance at bypassing the suit, she also does have the chance of going the wrong route with a thrusting like attack style, and with Black Panther's morals being completely off here, he won't hesitate to take advantage of a slip up like that to put fatal damage on Psylocke.

All true, although he does have superhuman reactions due to his powers, he's redirected missles, bullets, etc. Plus the feat shows off more of her agility as well, she was dancing on those projectiles fairly easily.

True, but I do think Black Panther has showings of agility that/avoidance that match and rival this. He's managed to dance around projectiles fired from a talented markswoman like Lady Bullseye all while he was depowered of his superhuman physicals and was carrying a citizen:

No Caption Provided

And with another physically unenhanced showing, T'Challa here breaks into a tight room and still manages to evade throwing stars from multiple Hand Ninja. And before you say Hand ninja are canon fodder, they have managed to deflect gunfire before, so they are pretty swift:

No Caption Provided

Beast, someone whom has been purported to sport Spider-Man levels of agility has not only been impressed by Black Panther's agility, but has admitted that T'Challa is just as nimble as him:

No Caption Provided

and he's even intercepted a Spider-Man whom was making an active effort to avoid him:

Betsy has punched outside her weight class as well; Slaymaster who was already more skilled than Betsy had been killing the Betsy's of the multiverse and after killing an AU version of himself (no doubt in a nod to The One)he absorbed his own life force and became amped.

Impressive, and while I already noted that Black Panther is capable of taking on top tier fighters like Kraven the Hunter without any physical enhancements, here's another example. To become King of Wakanda, T'Challa had to beat his uncle Syan whom was at time king:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Keep in mind that Wakanda is a combat based society and to be king you have to be the most skilled person in the country. This is all on top of Syan being physically enhanced to superhuman levels due to the heart shaped herb while T'Challa was just a normal human physically.

From just memory I know Adamantium has impressive energy resistance as well, blasts that have disintegrated Wolverine have left his skeleton behind unscathed, his skeleton survived a trip into the sun in New X-Men unscathed as well. I'll have to go feat hunting to establish this point and cover it in my next post. And a question, didn't he have to modify his suit to absorb cosmic energy? I vaguely remember hearing he got the designs from Reed or Doom to do so.

True adamantium does have extremely great energy resistance like Wolverine's skeleton being able to survive something as extreme as the sun, but that type of thing comes from adamantium's unique properties like a ludicrously high metal point, etc. whereas vibranium's whole foundation as a metal revolves around absorbing energy, whether it be Chi energy from Iron Fist, electricity, cosmic energy from Stardust, energy daggers that can bust force fields and such, etc. And in regards to T'Challa's suit and it absorbing cosmic energy, he did modify it, but that was when he was stealing Silver Surfer's cosmic energy using plans he had stolen from Doctor Doom but had modified to fit him:

The energy soaking feat with Stardust was just the standard suit doing its job.

Well I'll just start by saying she probably won't amp her stats straight off the bat, that'll come likely after she's had a chance to analyze him a bit. Now as for whether he can get to her before she can do anything; her TK has been described as 'light speed'.

Obviously hyperbole but still if you consider normal human though takes about a quarter of a second to think and that she's been able to activate her powers in what amounts to a few milliseconds shows the speed she can bring her powers to bear. Now to cover the 100 feet in a quarter of a second Panther would have to have movement speed at 273 mph (which breaks down to 400 fps) I know Cap can run at about 60 mph, Spidey 80 mph, I think it's safe to say he won't be able to cover the full distance before Betsy should be able to activate her powers in some capacity.

If there 'in sight' she doesn't need to scan to find him and can just skip to the masking trick. Just to further accent this point here she activates her TP on Creed and KO's him despite him having the advantage of a sneak attack (This is pre-ninja Psylocke).

The big thing is that sitting back and trying to analyze off the bat could end up being disadvantageous to Psylocke in the long run considering Black Panther's morals. In character with his regular morals on(Which aren't kill first) he's done things like punch off Red Skull's jaw in four blows:

He's ripped out a Super Skurll's eyes:

Completely take away Black Panther's morals and he'll pressing hard and fast for quickly and succinctly ending this particular fight. Also, considering that Psylocke doesn't really know much at all about Black Panther, she most likely wouldn't assume that stat amping is necessary to hang with T'Challa from the get go, which would increase T'Challa's chances of getting in melee range, and in a melee encounter he'd hold the advantage due to his superior technical skill and the damage soak in the form of the vibranium suit which can most likely absord some psychic energy from Psylocke.

As for masking her presence, has Psylocke done so while right in front of enemy. As far as I'm aware she's only used it in a stealth like fashion with her having the edge of being set up in position, and considering that Black Panther here most likely has the means to keep Psylocke in plain view throughout this fight, I'm not sure how well that will work here.

Excellent point, if Panther goes for range beside's her TK shields or simply pulling the dagger out of his hand, Betsy can disrupt the energy pattern of the daggers and blunt or negate their damage. I should note that she Betsy had been beaten up throughout this issue and was expending a lot of TK energy and was by her own words 'running close to empty' on this feat. In our fight, this isn't the case and she should be able to severely blunt or negate the damage of the energy daggers.

Firstly, I'm not sure if Betsy would try disrupt the energy pattern of the energy daggers if Black Panther. They really don' have much that distinguish them physically from a regular dagger, so there's nothing there for her to assume that they are energy based. Secondly. I'd also point out that the energy daggers have shown themselves to bypass defenses with extremely high end defense capabilities. Take Iron Man for example. Tony's energy shields have manage to tank nuclear bombs twice now on panel with less than 2% of their working power:

Yet T'Challa's energy daggers have managed to break through their defenses:

No Caption Provided

Not odd that their intangible setting has let them breaking through indestructible things like adamantium.

Now if Psylocke is able to establish some damage with the sword she'll try to follow up, if she can get that opening damage that might be enough to give her momentum and press T'Challa until she can find the opportunity for a coup de grâce. However even if Panther is able to turn the tables, she has options at close range.

Even shielded minds can be affected by TP as shown above when Betsy used TP illusions against the S.H.I.E.L.D agents with psychic shielding. In additions to illusions she has psi-bolts (or pysho blasts), the telepathic version of the nerve strike. Nerve strikes normally circumvent durability, Psi-bolts blast through mental defenses, telepaths like Emma favor them for this reason, rather than the psychic dance of finding the correct way to shut down a mind and bypassing defenses, psi-bolts are a great way to stun, KO or even kill an opponent.

The psi bolts are a good method, but I would like to point out that Black Panther's durability isn't based so much around being hard as it is just being hard to actually injure in general. Bypassing his durability isn't something accomplished by finding a weak spot like a pressure point would with a high tier character but it's more based in overwhelming the suit's soakage capability. Psylocke will most likely need to drop a bombardment of psu bolts to usurp the suit's energy soaking.

Her shields are really potent, they've tanked building explosions and even held together a shuttle during re-entry.

Given how the intangible setting of Black Panther's energy daggers have been able to break through indestructible adamantium and even bypass the nuke tanking durability of Iron Man's force fields by disrupting the frequency of its energy, I'm not sure if Pyslocke's TK shield will hold up, and if it does, he'd most likely need only a few strikes to bypass them.

If Panther tries to pin Betsy or use his superior mass, she can use her TK to push him off balance

Or throw him off completely.

Fair game

But if when I win this match, I expect the reaction will be something like:

And yours will probably be something like:

Naw, Wolverine08's reaction after he cruises to another dominant win shall be such!

No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shawnbaby

I call Foul! @sovereign91001 is using Betsy's Sex appeal to influence the Panel

Well...two can play at that game

Girl look at that body!
Girl look at that body!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: You know what they say about black guys....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: And oh yeah, how many posts do you want to go for after this?