CaV Tournie: War of the Teambusters: Firsthunter (Monarch) vs The-Seeffiss17 (Larfleeze)

• 52 results
Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lord-Parallax

@firsthunter: Monarch

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@the-seeffiss17: Larfleeze

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• All characters are In character.

• Each Battle takes place on an abandoned Planet the size of Neptune.

• Win by Any means EXCEPT BFR.

• No Explosion if Monarch's armor is breached.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@firsthunter: If you have free-time today i'd prefer if you could go first. I have two other CaVs to attend to at the moment.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

tag

ConnorDorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

T4V

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

T4V List

Just putting this here to make it easier to keep track of who we're going to tag when voting time comes around.

• APEX_Predator
  • Connordorian
  • Hypnos0929
  • Jardinain2
  • Krleavenger
  • Ouroborik
  • Nathaniel_Adam
  • Thekingfing
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter: @lord-parallax:How much time do we have for this debate? I'm going to be rather busy this week (but I should be able to get up an opener and maybe an initial strategy post).

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: Initial time is 10 days, but I can extend it if people are busy.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter: Okay, that's fine. I'll have the first post then.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bio:

No Caption Provided

Feats:

Since this is just my Intro and I'm not an expert on Fleeze I'll just start out with some basic feats and will move on to Monarch's better ones in my other posts.

Manhandles Several different Lanterns and completely no-sells their attacks. When a small portion of his armor is breached it insta kills all but one of them.

Casually wipes away a Monster from Existence that was giving ION Amped Kyle Raner trouble.

No Caption Provided

Casually one-shots the majority of an extremely large group of heroes and manhandles the rest. Mentions how he has became "More than all the Superman in the Multiverse combined"

The Fight:

From what I know of Fleeze he doesn't have feats to match up to Monarch. He's strong and can teambust but can't do it with the causality and amount of heroes or villains that Monarch consistently does it with. I'll provide more feats in my later posts.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter: Dang, I completely forgot about this. Sorry man. I'll get something up tonight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#19  Edited By KrleAvenger

I thought Monarch is Skyfather level, not a teambuster.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

Monarch is a teambuster. And he's not skyfather level via feats.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze and the Orange Lanterns!

No Caption Provided

"In the beginning there was Larfeeze. And Larfleeze looked out upon himself and saw that he was good."

--Larfleeze

Bio:

Larfleeze is a billion year old alien being, who was the sole member of the Orange Lantern corpse (for a long time), dawning the name Agent Orange. He and his gang discovered the battery in an ancient Palace. Larfleeze uses his power to turn others into members of his Corpse turning them into constructs which he can create at any time.

Here's some more in depth information here.

The Power Ring:

Being the sole member of a his Corpse, Larfleeze not only has the power of a standard Power Ring wielder, but his power is the accumulative percent/ power of an entire core in one being. His powers include:

• Speed/ Flight: Larfleeze can easily exceed the speed of light when in mid-flight.
  • Super Human Physicals: Larfleeze is incredibly strong, durable, and thanks to his ridiculously high percent of power he runs on, is nearly inexhaustible.
  • Construct Creation: Like all Lanterns, Larfleeze can create incredibly potent constructs from his imagination. More impressively he can create entire armies worth of these constructs.
  • Force Fields: Larfleeze's shields are among the most durable you will find.
  • Energy Projection/ Absorption: Larfleeze not only wields high volumes of power/ energy, but he can control other sources to a masters degree like most Lanterns. And he can fire it out with incredibly high potency.
  • Immunity's: The Orange Power Ring, like all Rings, grant Larfleeze resistances to a number of "hax" powers, such as molecular dismemberment and telepathic assaults.
  • Soul Manipulation: Being the soul member of his Corpse Larfleeze can manipulate/ destroy someone's soul, corrupting them into becoming an Orange Lantern and thus his minion.

Larfleeze has quite the array of powers at his disposal, but what's truly frightening is the degree of which he uses said powers. The incredible vastness of the power he wields makes him unimaginably powerful.

The Orange Lanterns:

The Orange Lanterns are constructs Larfleeze can summon and control. They are the souls of beings Larfleeze has defeated or corrupted into becoming an Orange Lantern. Because they are sentient beings, they can act completely independently, while still being constructs and thus controlled by Larfleeze. With the Orange Lanterns at his side, Larfleeze essentially has the power of an entire portion of the emotional spectrum, all to himself. Which is what makes him such a fearsome adversary.

The Debate Begins!

Since we are already running behind schedule, I'm just going to jump right into initial points and counters :).

Initial Counters:

I'd like to start with some issues I have found with your presented scans:

Manhandles Several different Lanterns and completely no-sells their attacks. When a small portion of his armor is breached it insta kills all but one of them.

Taking on three Green Lanterns isn't particularly impressive, considering the tier we are operating within. Larfleeze has accomplished similar feats, versus dozens of Lanterns, not just three.

No Caption Provided

With a giant construct of himself, he one-shots at least 7 GLs that are visible. While simultaneously tanking direct energy blasts from at least 4 visible GLs. Clearly a higher end feat than what was shown of Monarch, and this is still casual mode for Larfleeze. BTW: This was done by just Larfleeze, completely without his entire army of constructs.

Secondly, I'd like to point out something very important. In your scan, a single Lantern was able to breach Monarch's armor/ body. His durability was bypassed. By one Green Lantern. Destroying Monarch's body is going to be like popping a balloon for someone like Larfleeze when you look at the difference between him and a single GL. Larfleeze is the equivalent of that Lanterns entire corpse.

Then once you consider Monarch's body won't be exploding when Larfleeze destroys him, Larfleeze should be taking a win.

Casually wipes away a Monster from Existence that was giving ION Amped Kyle Raner trouble.

What do you mean by "wipes away from existence"? Are you implying some form of Reality Warping or Molecule Manipulation? Because it looks like Monarch just blasted the creature out of sight, or disintegrated it. If you have more solid feats of warping or MM, then I will counter them. But for now, this just seems like a solid energy blast feat... And if that's the case, we'll discuss who has the better energy attacks later on.

Casually one-shots the majority of an extremely large group of heroes and manhandles the rest. Mentions how he has became "More than all the Superman in the Multiverse combined"

This feat is not what it looks like at first glance. The first scan skews the context.

Judging by the first scan, you would assume that Monarch was one-shotting MMH, Superman, etc. etc. This is obviously not that case at all, based on the other scans you've posted.

1. The people getting one shotted by the energy blast are characters like Cyborg, Robin, Hawk Girl, Canary, and some others that are difficult to make out. Highly unimpressive. Larfleeze could easily one shot these street levelers/ mid tierers also.
  2. He then, AFTER THIS, takes on the rest. But he doesn't even do this all at once. The Supermen in your last scan run at Monarch one after another. And the group of Green Lanterns don't step into the fight until much after, and they take him on separately. This is depicted by your first set of scans, where the GLs take him on separate from this group of heroes.

So once again, this isn't quite as high end as it may appear. Larfleeze could similarly defeat all of these heroes. In fact he's taken on multiple characters of a higher caliber, in higher numbers. And done so actually at the same time.

From what I know of Fleeze he doesn't have feats to match up to Monarch.

Well considering you said this: "I'm not an expert on Fleeze" I'd say this is a rather baseless claim. Larfleeze has more than enough feats to stand up to Monarch.

He's strong and can teambust but can't do it with the causality and amount of heroes or villains that Monarch consistently does it with.

He can, and has, taken on more powerful beings, and in higher numbers. I have already shown him easily defeating a dozen of Green Lanterns without the Orange Lanterns. But if you still want some more...

No Caption Provided

Larfleeze and the Orange Lanterns quickly overwhelm the New Guardians, some of the strongest members of each part of the Emotional Spectrum. He unfortunately looses this battle, though its only because Orange has a specific weakness to Violet and Blue Lanterns.

Initial Combat Breakdown:

I'm not one to underplay my opponents. Monarch is incredibly powerful. However, Larfleeze certainly has the tools required to defeat him.

Fisticuffs - In a physical brawl, I'd back Larfleeze for a decisive victory. This may be a strange claim, considering Larfleeze doesn't really have any direct strength feats, whereas I believe Monarch does. However, Larfleeze's overwhelming physical prowess comes from unconventional means. For example, using constructs as opposed to regular striking feats.

Even further than this though, Larfleeze's main advantage over Monarch is the power of the Orange Lantern Corps. Monarch may be capable of overwhelming 3 Lanterns, but what about 10? 20? Well he is going to be taking on dozens. Plus Larfleeze who is drastically more powerful than almost any other Lantern in existence.

Monarch is going to be quickly pinned by the Orange Lanterns. Leaving him open for Larfleeze to employ either constructs attacks, or any of the tactics i'm going to discuss below.

Ranged Combat - Larfleeze wields some very potent energy based abilities. Think about the power of a Green Lantern such as Hal Jordan. How much raw energy he can absorb and project. Then imagine what he would be like if his ring was charged to 100,000% (like Fleeze's orang ring) as opposed to his standard 100%. 100x the percent of a standard power ring... Then when you factor in that a standard GL was able to wound Monarch, and I would say Larfleeze would comfortably win a fire fight.

Soul Assimilation - The ace in the hole. "Soul rip". If push came to shove, Larfleeze could easily just corrupt Monarch with the Orange Light, thus turning his soul into one of Larfleeze's Corpsmen. An instant win, so long as Monarch doesn't have any spiritual based powers that I am unaware of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll of course get into more scans to support my claims later in the debate. For now, I'll leave you with this my friend. :)

No Caption Provided

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter:It's up my man.

I thought Monarch is Skyfather level, not a teambuster.

He's definitely a tough customer, but don't worry, I got this covered bro ;)

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter: No worries, I wouldn't expect such a quick response.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FirstHunter
No Caption Provided

Counters:

with a giant construct of himself, he one-shots at least 7 GLs that are visible

I don't see how what Larfleeze did to the those Lanterns as "one-shotting". You see some of them yelling in pain but you don't see them being actually killed whatsoever.

Secondly, I'd like to point out something very important. In your scan, a single Lantern was able to breach Monarch's armor/ body.

He didn't actually "breach" his body. All he did was rupture his containment unit. Not to mention that only harmed the Lanterns. Monarch didn't care.

No Caption Provided

Destroying Monarch's body is going to be like popping a balloon for someone like Larfleeze when you look at the difference between him and a single GL.

Except what he did was not actually breaching his armor. It was slightly rupturing his contaminant unit. The armor and Monarch himself can be seen unharmed in the very next page.

Larfleeze is the equivalent of that Lanterns entire corpse.

If this is true then Monarch can be solidly scaled above him.

Monarch managed to fight evenly with SMP (Amped version of SBP) and even had the upper hand.

SBP fought the GLC+Other Heroes and put up a very good fight.

What do you mean by "wipes away from existence"

I mean that he literally removed him from existence. He does not exist anymore.

judging by the first scan, you would assume that Monarch was one-shotting MMH,

He does one-shot MMH. You don't seem him alive after that blast.

He then, AFTER THIS, takes on the rest. But he doesn't even do this all at once

I never claimed he did. He one-shot a large group but he didn't one-shot everyone. He used a very effective AOE.

Well considering you said this: "I'm not an expert on Fleeze"

I said I am not an expert on Fleeze. I did not say I know nothing about him.

Larfleeze and the Orange Lanterns quickly overwhelm the New Guardians, some of the strongest members of each part of the Emotional Spectrum.

So with the aid of the OLC he was able to overwhelm some Gaurdians but still lose in the long run?

That seems Impressive. But I can give a better feat that Monarch accomplished by himself.

Fought and easily defeated 3 Alternate Superman along with all the remaining Cap Atoms In the Entire Multiverse

In a physical brawl, I'd back Larfleeze for a decisive victory.

I'd say otherwise given how Monarch was capable of fighting evenly in fisticuffs with SMP.

No Caption Provided

This is the same SMP who ripped a hole in the 5th dimension and is stronger than SBP

No Caption Provided

Monarch may be capable of overwhelming 3 Lanterns, but what about 10? 20?

Pretty easily given the rest of his feats and how he could fight evenly with SMP who is stronger than SMP who already defeated more than 10-20 lanterns.

- Larfleeze wields some very potent energy based abilities.

So does Monarch. He is actually pure energy.

when when you factor in that a standard GL was able to wound Monarch,

He never wounded him. He just ruptured his containment unit which did no damage to Monarch and killed the Lantern.

I would say Larfleeze would comfortably win a fire fight.

Doubtful. Monarch was able to severely hurt SMP.

SBP (Who is weaker than SMP) tanked a Galaxy buster with little damage (scans left to right)

And here's Powergirl throwing him into the Warworld just incase you think he wasn't there at the time.

No Caption Provided

The ace in the hole. "Soul rip". If push came to shove, Larfleeze could easily just corrupt Monarch with the Orange Light, thus turning his soul into one of Larfleeze's Corpsmen. An instant win, so long as Monarch doesn't have any spiritual based powers that I am unaware of.

Monarch has yet to resist Soul Manip so I can't make a case that he can but I doubt the fight will last long enough to come to that.

Conclusion:

So far from what my opponent has provided Larfleeze seems like a Corpse buster, which is not enough to win. Monarch still team-busts on a bigger and broader scale. His only way to win his Soul Manip but I doubt it will last long enough for that to happen.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: @firsthunter: Well done guys. You're both doing really good.

Keep it up.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@lord-parallax: @firsthunter:Update: Reply 2/3 finished, but I'm gonna be calling it for the night soon. So expect a post up tomorrow night, Wednesday at the latest. :)

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

T4V

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By APEX_pretador

EDIT: Thanos solos both.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter: I was talking about the debate not my personal opinion.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter:

Don't get mad. I'll delete when I'm on laptop.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter:

Don't get mad. I'll delete when I'm on laptop.

I'm not mad. I just don't want the Tourney derailed.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: @apex_pretador: You guys will be tagged :)

@firsthunter: A bit harsh my friend, I'm sure APEX had no malicious intents with that. (Though I agree that he should edit his post).

BTW: My post may take a day or two longer than expected due to me having exams for my AP/ Honors courses. However, i will try and get it up tonight. :)

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

Round #1 Post: Kicking it into high gear!

My friend...

No Caption Provided

Deconstructing FH's Post

I'd like to start by saying, there was a ridiculous amount of misquoting. The majority (if not all) of your counters are copying only a small sample of what a had to say, and then countering that one portion. This obviously skews the context in which I said the things I said. You also would skip over points of mine, and I am honestly not sure why? I am not saying you are being intentionally deceitful at all. It just presents a gaping hole in your argument, which I would almost call a straw-man argument because of the misquoting.

*For those who are skimming, I am going to make notes of which sections I feel are the ones to pay closest attention to.*

Monarch's suit durability + Larfleeze one-shotting GL's

Don't Skip.

I don't see how what Larfleeze did to the those Lanterns as "one-shotting". You see some of them yelling in pain but you don't see them being actually killed whatsoever.

One-Shorting, meaning he dropped them with one hit. A KO certainly counts as a one-shot, not just a kill.

He didn't actually "breach" his body. All he did was rupture his containment unit. Not to mention that only harmed the Lanterns. Monarch didn't care.

Except what he did was not actually breaching his armor. It was slightly rupturing his contaminant unit. The armor and Monarch himself can be seen unharmed in the very next page.

I think you may be misunderstanding...

First of all, ruptured and breached are, for all intents and purposes, the same thing in this context. Just slightly different terminology, so I don't see why you made such a big deal of my choice of words.

Secondly, when Monarch's body (Which IS his containment suit) get's 'ruptured' portions of his inner energy are expelled. When the rupture is large enough, he self destructs, as seen with his battle versus Superman Prime.

Now, my point is not that a Green Lantern was able to wreck Monarch or anything absurd like that. What I am saying is: If a fearless Green Lantern was able to "slightly rupture" (in your choice of words), than Larfleeze will certainly be able to overload Monarch's suit. Causing him to go boom... Except, as per the rules, there will be no destruction when Monarch's body is destroyed. Thus, Larfleeze will claim a victory.

No Caption Provided

Just to prove Monarch was in fact damaged in some small degree, here is a close up from your own scan. Monarch yells for him to stop, because his suit was being damaged. Then it was the energy dispersed that KO'd the Lantern. If it wasn't for that energy flux, I think it is very possible that the Lantern could have done even more damage to Monarch. Given his reaction, I think Monarch knew this too.

Conclusion: Fleeze has plenty power to overload Monarch.

Refuting your power-scaling + Monarch ISN'T a Corps buster.

Don't Skip.

If this is true then Monarch can be solidly scaled above him.

1. Scaling and tiers don't prove who would win a fight. The more powerful character doesn't necessarily always win (even though Fleeze is the more powerful character anyways).
  2. It is true. If you are questioning the validity of Larfleeze being a corpse buster, I can site battles he's had versus the entire Blue Lantern Corps home world, versus all of Oa, or... You can take it directly from that Guardians:
"The Undiluted Power of an Entire Corps"

Monarch managed to fight evenly with SMP (Amped version of SBP) and even had the upper hand.

He hung in there, but I don't know where you're getting the notion that Monarch had the upper hand. He connecting two energy attacks, which only managed to piss Prime off (they did no visible damage at all, no blood, etc. Prime just said it hurt...). To which Prime responded with ripping out Monarch's chest, killing him. Which you conveniently left out, so I'll insert it for you:

No Caption Provided

SBP fought the GLC+Other Heroes and put up a very good fight.

Okay... Missing some context here and some logical fallacies.

Missing Context: These scans, from the final issues of Infinite Crisis, do not, at all, depict Superboy Prime taking on the entire "GLC+Other Heroes". Superboy Prime was on his way to Oa, and they attempted to stop him with the giant wall. Yes, he smashed the wall (solid feat) however, after that, he only actually engaged 32 Green Lanterns, until the three Supermen showed up. Who, btw, took Superboy Prime out.

I don't have access to Infinite Crisis right now, so hopefully this wiki will do.
I don't have access to Infinite Crisis right now, so hopefully this wiki will do.

Logical Fallacy: Your using some pretty heavy ABC logic here. Just because Monarch was barely able to hang with Prime (who defeated Monarch in the end), doesn't mean that all of Prime's feats are transferrable to Monarch. Prime was able to take on so many heroes at once because of his own unique assets.

An example of why power-scaling and ABC logic doesn't even remotely work: Wolverine has fought on par with the Hulk, but still lost. Just like Monarch to Superman Prime. Therefore, all of Hulk's victories over Thor and Silver Surfer, can be attributed to Wolverine? OF COURSE NOT. Wolverine has specific dynamics that allow him to match-up well verse the Hulk.

Conclusion: Just because Monarch has fought Superman Prime, doesn't automatically mean he is more powerful than Larfleeze or a Corps buster. You need feats from Monarch to suggest that.

Scan nitpicks

I mean that he literally removed him from existence. He does not exist anymore.

You didn't quote the question portion of that sentence...

How? Does he have reality warping? Molecule Manipulation? Did he disintegrate him with that energy blast?

I can effectively counter if any of those things are the case. I just need you to elaborate.

He does one-shot MMH. You don't seem him alive after that blast.

You didn't quote the entire sentence again...

Your right, he does one-shot MMH. It's hard to make out the scan. However, your initial image showed many Kryptonians and Green Lanterns, which could easily be misinterpreted by a reader, as Monarch one-shotting ALL of those heroes, since you didn't elaborate.

I never claimed he did. He one-shot a large group but he didn't one-shot everyone. He used a very effective AOE.

Once again, your initial image is misleading with no explanation or context. The characters he is one-shotting are all fodder outside of J'onn, who isn't any more durable than Green Lanterns... Who get regularly dispatched by Larfleeze.

I said I am not an expert on Fleeze. I did not say I know nothing about him.

Fair enough, however you have made some pretty significant claims, and not backed them up with much.

Conclusion: Not too much here, just explaining the issues with some of your scans.

Your misunderstanding of the Orange Corps + Monarch vs Supermen and Captain Atoms.

Don't Skip.

So with the aid of the OLC he was able to overwhelm some Gaurdians but still lose in the long run?

Um... The OLC is apart of him... So he always has it... It's not like he had back-up that he doesn't have in this debate or anything.

And he ONLY lost because of his specific weakness to those colors. Saying they are anywhere close to as powerful as Larfleeze is like saying Luthor > Superman because of all the times Luthor had Kryptonite.

That seems Impressive. But I can give a better feat that Monarch accomplished by himself.

Again... Larfleeze's Corps is apart of him... All of his feats with the Orange Lanterns is a feat of him acting "by himself". They're just constructs or summons of his.

Fought and easily defeated 3 Alternate Superman along with all the remaining Cap Atoms In the Entire Multiverse

I'm sorry... But this isn't anywhere near as impressive as Corps busting.

1. ALL of these characters are featless. Just because they are alternate versions doesn't mean they are all equal to Superman and Captain Atom. Ultra-Man is weaker than Superman, for example.
  2. 3 Supermen isn't even close to regular team busting level, much less taking on the entire Green Lantern Corps, the Guardians, and the Blue Corps.
  3. Your emphasis on the entire multiverse isn't nearly what you seem to think it is... It's not like there are nearly infinite versions of Atom coming at Monarch... There are only about 30 Captain Atoms in that Image. Still not even close to hundreds of Green Lanterns.

Conclusion: The OLC always accompanies Fleeze into battle. Plus your scan of Monarch vs "all the CAs in the Multiverse" isn't nearly what it is being made out to be.

Physical, energy, and soul based combat

I'd say otherwise given how Monarch was capable of fighting evenly in fisticuffs with SMP.

So once again your only going to quote this? Not counter any of the points I made about the Orange Lanterns or constructs? And then your just going to show a picture of him locking arms with SMP again? Only to get literally ripped in half 5 pages later.

This is the same SMP who ripped a hole in the 5th dimension and is stronger than SBP

Can you provide a issue number for this scan? I'm pretty sure this feat was done with some sort of device that allowed him to travel to that dimension? This scan provides almost no information.

Even if he did do it on his own. It is 100% unquantifiable. How does one have enough strength to do this? Is it a speed feat (like breaking the time barrier)? It doesn't really prove anything, despite being pretty cool.

Pretty easily given the rest of his feats and how he could fight evenly with SMP who is stronger than SMP who already defeated more than 10-20 lanterns.

Misquoted again.

The rest of my sentence went on to say Larfleeze will be packing dozens of Orange Lanterns. Which is far more than the mere 32 Superboy Prime killed.

So does Monarch. He is actually pure energy.

Great. Easy draining.

Monarch has yet to resist Soul Manip so I can't make a case that he can but I doubt the fight will last long enough to come to that.

Well considering you haven't mentioned anything about Monarch's speed, I doubt he'll be blitzing Larfleeze before he can employ his trump card.

Glad you conceded that it is an automatic victory as well.

Conclusion: All of Larfleeze's options I describing in my opening, are still perfectly viable here.

More claims about Monarch and Superman/boy Prime

Don't Skip.

He never wounded him. He just ruptured his containment unit which did no damage to Monarch and killed the Lantern.

Discussed above. Rupturing his containment suit is a minor form of damage. More, larger scale, ruptures will cause Monarch to self destruct.

I would say Larfleeze would comfortably win a fire fight.

Doubtful. Monarch was able to severely hurt SMP.

Severely???... I don't know where you got that from my friend.

1. No visible damage was done at all. Superman Prime just said it hurt.
  2. He then proceeded to get right back up and kill Monarch.
  3. The blast radius was only the size of a nuke. Which would tickle Larfleeze.

SBP (Who is weaker than SMP) tanked a Galaxy buster with little damage (scans left to right)

1. Can you show the aftermath of this? There is no evidence that Prime "tanked" this at all. For all I know he barely survived it.
  2. Even if he did tank it... Doesn't really matter, considering Monarch was barely able to even hold Prime off with his energy attacks. He pushed right through them and defeated Monarch.

Conclusion: Monarch's showings against Superman Prime is being tremendously overrated here. Monarch held his own for a short time (but did no substantial damage versus Prime). Once he ticked Prime off, SMP proceeded to tear Monarch to pieces.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with that out of the way, let's look into the actual battle itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going On The Offensive

Orange Lantern Bull-Rush

Phase 1 of this attack is to summon the entirety of the Avarice Corps. Then simply swarming Monarch. The idea is to quickly overwhelm him, giving Larfleeze an opening to finish Monarch off. That said, here is why the Orange Corpsmen should be more than capable of subduing Monarch.

First of all, here are some scans to showcase that the Orange Lanterns can completely nullify Monarch's energy attacks.

1. Some Orange Lanterns tank hits from the entire accumulative forces of the Gaurdians and the Green Lanterns. The power through there attacks, and lay waste to all of Oa.
  2. Hal specifically states that the Orange Lanterns are draining them, the Guardians, and one of the GL's magical powers.

If each individual Orange Lantern can sponge attacks from the Guardians. The same Guardians that put down Superboy Prime, whom you seem to think quite highly of.

Then you have to factor in the incredible physical strength of Larfleeze henchmen. They have subdued high tier lanterns like Hal and Stewart, Guardians, and even White Lantern Kyle Rayner.

No Caption Provided

This is Kyle in his early stages of wielding the entire emotional spectrum. Note that WL Kyle is a proficient manipulator of reality itself.

Overall, Monarch will be quickly dog-pilled. Leaving him wide open for Larfleeze to punish him directly, or by corrupting him via the Orange Light.

Damage Output

You seem to be of the opinion that Larfleeze will be doing little to no damage to Monarch in this entire battle... I honestly don't know where your getting this from. Considering you've only shown two scans for durability.

1. One scan that shows a single Green Lantern doing damage to Monarch (albeit a small amount of damage).
  2. Another scan where Monarch holds of SMP for a few pages, and then gets killed once Prime actually gets angry.

Now these feats are the makings of a decently powerful character... However these feats will be outclassed by the sheer magnitude of Larfleeze's power.

I mean Larfleeze can solo entire Corpses, and even wound Krona (a Guardian) while he was channeling *the entire emotional spectrum*. Essentially making him as powerful as a White Lantern, with vast reality warping capabilities.

No Caption Provided

Beings like these should be tanking or absorbing all of Larfleeze's hits... Yet he is doing a number on them, In fact both his battles with Krona and Kyle have ended in a draw (unlike the one time Monarch has faced a cosmic level beings, where he was destroyed).

Soul Corruption

You literally said that Soul Manipulation was an automatic win for Larfleeze. And that Monarch's only chance was to kill Fleeze before he can use it. Sooooo... Yeah. You kinda just conceded the entire match.

BTW: Just so you guys know, soul steal is an instant process, that doesn't require Larfleeze to do anything but be near you.

No Caption Provided

Closing - Summary

Your's debunked:

So far from what my opponent has provided Larfleeze seems like a Corpse buster, which is not enough to win.

Based on what? The fact that Monarch was defeated by Prime. Who only actually killed 32 Green Lanterns. And you had to use ABC logic and power-scaling to even reach that conclusion...

So considering Larfleeze has actual feats of Corps busting, i'd say it's more than enough to put him over Monarch.

Monarch still team-busts on a bigger and broader scale.

None of your actual feats suggest this at all. Unless your considering your scan of Monarch defeating about 30 completely featless alternate universe characters... Which definitely isn't on par with soloing the entire home worlds of the GL and BLs.

His only way to win his Soul Manip but I doubt it will last long enough for that to happen.

But Soul Manip. is an automatic win... All Larfleeze has to do is be within a close proximity to Monarch, and he automatically wins... Your only hope is killing him before it happens... But since you have never shown a single speed feat. This isn't happening.

A proper summary:

• You've done quite a bit of dodging context and misquoting me. Which I feel has made your points rather easy to debunk and exploit.
  • Monarch doesn't have the feats to suggest he can take on dozens (potentially hundreds) of Orange Lanterns. Each who are FTL and 100+ tonners. Who can also nullify all of Monarchs energy based powers.
  • Larfleeze has more than enough power to destroy Monarch's armor (and therefore his body).
  • Larfleeze can automatically win the battle as soon as he gets near Monarch, by stealing his soul.

@firsthunter Alright my friend, your move!

No Caption Provided

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter once you get your post up, then I respond, would you want to go to voting?

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: Great post, man. I've been missing you, it's been a long time since I saw you around. You're a great debater.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: Thank you for the praise my friend. It is greatly appreciated. :)

And yeah, I took a hiatus for a while, but now I'm back and have bunch of debates going on at the moment.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: No problem, you deserve it. Stay around and keep it up ;)

Sure, you can, I'll vote if I had time.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter: @lord-parallax: Hey, it's been quite a bit longer than 10 days, so how much time do we have left for this? Or is this tourney even active anymore?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: it's firshunter's turn my man. I am hoping to finish it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: Yeah ik i was just checking to make sure this gets a proper ending. its a great CaV.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: Awesome, thanks for the praise bro. It is appreciated :)

And I agree this is an interesting match.