Toriko and Midora

No Caption Provided

Represented by Maestromage

VS

Larfleeze and Superboy Prime

No Caption Provided

Represented by Speedforceking

Character Stipulations

• Midora is restricted from using his Minority world and Mirror neurons.
  • Superboy prime feats only. No Man-prime.

Battle Stipulations

• Takes place on a barren and indestructible planet that is
  • Win by kill or K.O.
  • In character.

THIS IS A CAV!

Not a random battle forum thread, so please leave your opinions out of the thread until voting is opened.

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By speedforceking

List of tags

T4V

• vsw
  • kevd4wg
  • KingofLatveria
  • Baph
  • Kingant27
  • Blackwizzard27
  • Rac95

TAEP

• Rampagethefirst
  • Lan_Fan
speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage the thread has been created my friend! Who would you prefer go first?

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Shinne

Whoa... Tag after the openers, and for vote.

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like a good one, t4v.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: I would've typed it, but I saw that you already typed it up so no point wasting time to type it up myself when I can save 4 seconds just quoting my sweetie.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By maestromage

@speedforceking: Would you mind going first? I have two other CaVs to reply to and some University work to do lol.

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: Ofc, I’ll have something up sometime this week.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after every post please.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SFK's introductory post!

I'm going to preface this by saying that I am unfamiliar with the Toriko series and universe. My knowledge of your characters is going to be limited largely to the feats and arguments you bring to the table. Because of this I am going to keep this opener fairly general. We can delve into more detail after I get a better concept of what your characters are capable of via your opener.

Now with that said, let's do this man!

[The Powerhouse] - Superboy Prime

No Caption Provided

Character Info.

Superboy-Prime is from a parallel Earth called Earth-Prime that had no super-heroes. There, Superman and the other comic superheroes were fictional characters only seen in comic books. The Earth-Prime universe was erased during Crisis on Infinite Earths and Superboy-Prime ended up in a "paradise" dimension where during that time, he found himself unable to let go of his former life and his destiny as Earth's greatest hero.

Over time, his convictions and morals become twisted and warped, and he came to believe that Earth-Prime is the only proper Earth and that he, Superboy-Prime, was the only one worthy of the mantle of Superboy. Prime firmly believes that becoming Superman is his calling despite the fact that he has become a psychotic and murderous villain. His overwhelming strength, speed, and ruthlessness make him one of the most dangerous foes in the DC Universe.

Kryptonian Physiology

Being an alternate Superman his powers originate from his Kryptonian physiology. Under the effects of a yellow sun Superboy Prime gains all of Superman’s powers verbatim. However, his powers may be the same in style to Superman’s, but in magnitude they are completely different. All of Prime’s powers are amplified beyond Superman’s ten fold or more. Just incase you are unfamiliar with the man of steels abilities, here you go:

• Super Strength
  • Super Speed
  • Flight
  • Invulnerability
  • Enhanced Healing
  • Heat Vision
  • Frost Breath
  • Enhanced Senses

That’s most of what’s relevant in terms of combative powers.

Because of the potency of these powers Prime will be able to punch a hole in your team with raw, unrestrained might. Physically I would suspect Prime is uncontested here and has FTL speeds to back him up. Just to give you a quick glimpse into what Superboy Prime is packing, I’ll give you this.

During Sinestro Corpse War Superboy Prime can be seen rearranging a collection of planets at superluminal speeds. Of course we will get into striking power and combative implications later on. But for now this should serve to show that Prime is one of the most physically powerful beings in all of comics short of Skyfathers and cosmic entities.

[The One Man Army] - Larfleeze

No Caption Provided

Character Info.

Larfleeze is a billion year old alien being, who was the sole member of the Orange Lantern corps (for a long time), dawning the name Agent Orange. He and his gang discovered the battery in an ancient Palace. Larfleeze uses his power to turn others into members of his corps turning them into constructs which he can create at any time.

Orange Power Ring

Being the sole member of the Orange Lantern Corps, Larfleeze not only has the power of a standard Power Ring wielder, but his power is the accumulative charge percent/ raw power of an entire corps in one being. His powers include:

• Super Strength
  • Super Speed
  • Flight
  • Invulnerability
  • Construct Creation
  • Energy Projection/ Manipulation
  • Soul Manipulation
  • Immunities to a variety of hax

As you can see, Larfleeze is quite the swiss army knife of a character. He has a vast array of powers at his disposal and can use them to frightening degrees. And if you don't want to take it from me, take it from the Guardians themselves:

"The undiluted power of an entire corps."

As I am sure you can imagine, the undiluted capabilities of every existing Green Lantern in one makes for quite the powerhouse.

The Orange Lanterns:

The Orange Lanterns are the member's of the Orange Lantern Corps who have been enslaved in the Orange Battery by Larfleeze's soul rip technique. His minions aid Larfleeze in "recruiting" new members via soul rip and are quite powerful in their own right as well. They each are faster than the speed of light, incredibly strong, can project high levels of energy, etc. etc. They are also sentient and can operate completely on their own while still being extensions of Larfleeze. Just to give you some context, here are some Orange Lantern feats:

1. Orange Lanterns laying waste to the Blue Lantern home world (without any aid of Larfleeze himself).
  2. More combat between the OL and BL corpses.
  3. Larfleeze and his army taking on all of Oa (Guardians and all Green Lanterns).
  4. Group of Orange Lanterns overwhelming Kyle Rayner who was channeling the entire emotional spectrum.
  5. A small group of Orange Lanterns effortlessly restraining Hal Jordan amped by a blue power ring while Larfleeze attacks him.
  6. Another group of Orange Lanterns easily capturing John Stewart.
  7. The Orange Lanterns tanking hits from the combined forces of the Guardians themselves.

As you can see, small clusters of Orange Lanterns can take defeat some of the best power ring users in the universe. And as a collective they are one of the most powerful corpses in the emotional spectrum. They can overwhelm every Green Lantern at once, defeat high tier reality warpers, etc. etc. And that's all without the help of their leader Larfleeze.

The Debate Begins! - Opening strategy

Team D.C.'s plan of attack is highly complex... so brace yourself...

That's highly simplified... But the TLDR of my plan is to overwhelm you with numbers and raw power.
That's highly simplified... But the TLDR of my plan is to overwhelm you with numbers and raw power.
  • [Phase 1] - Larfleeze is going to start this battle by summoning the Orange Lanterns. With a full army of high tier beings on our side your duo is going to have a tough time here.
  • [Phase 2] - Superboy Prime and Larfleeze will each target a member of your team and rush them down. Larfleeze will keep most of his corpsmen by his side, however some will be allocated to aiding Prime in his 1v1 as well. Unless you have an issue with this breakdown, I would say things turn into SBP (backed by Orange Lanterns) vs Toriko and Larfleeze (backed by an Orange Lantern army) vs Midora. Putting the physical tanks together and the more "hax" characters together makes most sense to me.
  • [Phase 3] - Defending against your teams counter attack by using our varied powers, such as speed, durability, healing, shielding, etc. and having a wall of minions between us and your team at all times as well.
  • [Phase 4] - Finishing your team off.

Superboy Prime > Toriko

What I assume are the respective physical powerhouses of our teams. Unfortunately for Toriko, Prime's physical stats are unparalleled. The Kryptonian is going to blitz you down and dismember you like he has numerous other high tier characters. To start things off, here's some speed feats that place Prime well beyond that of your average "FTL" character.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Two instances of Prime speeding past characters such as Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Superman, Earth 2 Superman, Martian Manhunter, etc. In the first scan he is capable of getting out of sight before any of them can react.

Now imagine someone coming at you at speeds of this magnitude with striking feats that were once thought to be impossible in the D.C. Universe. For example:

1. Rips a weakened anti-monitor's armor to pieces with his strength.
  2. Punches a hole in the source wall, thus tearing apart the fabric of the D.C. reality.

I would highly doubt that your durability feats can stack up to the kind of sheer force Prime will be dishing out.

Larfleeze > Midora

Larfleeze is going to employ ranged tactics here. Allowing the Orange Lanterns to swarm the opponent and do the direct combat, reign down energy blasts and construct attacks from a far, and move in to finish the job himself once Midora has been overwhelmed and pinned.

As previously established, the Orange Lanterns are equivalent to any other entire emotional spectrum corps. That's dozens, potentially hundreds of Green Lanterns. It is going to take some pretty significant feats from Midora to suggest he isn't going to be quickly pinned down. Especially considering that the OL's have done so to beings like an amped Hal J, full emotional spectrum Kyle, the Guardians, etc. And unfortunately for you, once Midora is pinned down, he will die shortly thereafter.

Finishing blow option 1: Construct attack.

Larfleeze can conjure constructs powerful enough to one shot numerous Green Lanterns and repeatedly beat you with them.

No Caption Provided

Finishing blow option 2: Energy blast.

Larfleeze can rain down a barrage of energy attacks that can range from planet busting...

No Caption Provided

To a highly focused beam capable of dispatching foes such as powerful as Atrocitus in one go.

No Caption Provided

Finishing blow option 3: Soul Assimilation.

And if push really comes to shove, if Midora his held still for any prolonged period of time, Larfleeze can absorb his soul into the yellow light, converting him into one of his corpsmen, like he did to Blume:

No Caption Provided

The interesting part about option 3 is that it bypasses whatever durability you have AND if this is the route Larfleeze chooses to take, Midora will become his henchmen can be used against Toriko.

IN CLOSING

While I still have yet to see what the full potential of your team is, I think I have laid out a solid offensive that will work on nearly any characters below that of the Skyfather pantheon. So for now, you will have to prove the following to prevent your team from being stomped:

1. That Toriko can best one of the most feared physical combatants in the D.C. universe in H2H.
  2. That Midora can refrain from being overwhelmed by a full corps of high-tier lanterns.
  3. That Midora can resist being quickly dispatched by Larfleeze's many offensive options.

And with all of that said, the ball is now in your court brother! Best of luck, you will need it ;)

No Caption Provided

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: @rampagethefirst: Here ya go guys, my openers up. Let me know if at any point you want to stop being tagged after each post.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: Bump. Making sure you've seen I made a post bro.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By maestromage
maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By maestromage

OK so comicvine decided that I can't format any posts or add any images so wooo massive workaround here we go

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/cav-from-comicvine-33449001/

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: You can copy paste that post here. It works on sites like this.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I would have done that but for some reason ComicVine won’t let me post anything on my laptop, not even text. I had to send the link and the tags on my phone lol. I think the issue is on my end but I’ll try to figure it out when I get home later today.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By maestromage

Sorry for the late post, but it's finally here. I'll also apologise for the lack of spoiler blocks; comicvine wasn't working properly and I couldn't use them but anyways, onto the actual post.

Toriko and Midora - The Gluttons

Given my opponent's unfamiliarity with Toriko, I guess I'm going to have to explain a lot lol. I guess it'll also help for any voters who don't know Toriko, so let's get right into it.

Important things before we begin:

Some of you probably know what's coming, but I still have to do it. It's time for the obligatory Toriko planetexplanation.

Now, something that's very important to know is that the Toriko Earth is not the same size as our own earth. It is significantly bigger.

No Caption Provided

You can see that the centre of the human world consists of our continents. This should give some idea of the scale of the planet. Now to put some numbers on it:

No Caption Provided

Here is the manga panel that confirms that the planet has a circumference of 220,000 kilometres, which puts it as bigger than Uranus but smaller than Saturn and Jupiter. Here's a size comparison between Toriko earth and our earth:

No Caption Provided

Keep this in mind when looking at feats, because a lot of the feats don't seem like planetary, but they are given the size of the planet. Another thing equally as important is the material that (most) of the planet is made of. The whole planet except the centre of the human world (the original earth) is made of a special material.

No Caption Provided

As we see here, the material absorbs all energy. Sani felt a bit drained of his energy just by gently touching it. This makes feats of partially destroying the planet all the more impressive given the planet's energy absorbing nature. If you aren't convinced by the energy absorbing, it was literally stated that if the Toriko planet was destroyed, the ensuing explosion would dwarf a giant supernova

No Caption Provided

So yeah.

One other thing I guess I'll mention is capture level. In Toriko, different creatures are assigned a capture level based on how hard they are to kill/capture. This is almost always based on the creature's combat abilities, but occasionally they'll just be in a really difficult location or something like that. For reference, even a capture level 1 creature (the lowest) requires 10 men with guns to take down, capture level 9 apes tossed around state of the art tanks and so on. I may refer to it later on so just keep it in mind)

Now, let's really get into this.

Toriko, Glutton No. 1

No Caption Provided

Bio:

Toriko is one of the most famous Gourmet Hunters in the Toriko world and has arguably contributed more to the progress of the Gourmet Age than anyone else alive. Thanks to the gourmet cells implanted in his body, he gets stronger over the course of the series as he eats more and more delicious food. Users of gourmet cells are inhabited by gourmet cell demons, and Toriko is special because he has 3 as opposed to the usual one (though he doesn't/can't really use the 3rd and most powerful). As a member of the 4 Heavenly Kings (4HK), Toriko is known as "the glutton" for his insane appetite.

Techniques:

Toriko has a heck ton of different abilities and variations, so I thought I would talk about them first, so I can easily refer to them in striking feats and the like.

Toriko's 3 main techniques are "fork", "knife" and "nail punch". Most of his abilities are some variation or combination of these three. Fork simply gives him a piercing attack with his hand (like a fork, geddit) and Knife just gives him a slicing attack with his hand. Nail punch is the only complicated one. Basically, he punches multiple times with one punch. Here's an example:

The only time the anime was good for anything
The only time the anime was good for anything

This is Toriko's 3-Nail punch, which is basically just three punches in the same spot to increase the damage (like hitting in a nail, hence the name). There are so many variations of these three abilities, so I'll just explain then when I get to them.

Strength/Striking:

I'll be honest, Toriko doesn't have any lifting feats to compare to SPB. His only good one is him lifting this really big bowl that supposedly had enough food for the whole human world (which had a population of around 8 billion at that time), which doesn't compare at all (even if it was 1-tonne per human, that's 8 billion tonnes compared to the mass of the earth being 6 sextillion tonnes lol. But, what he lacks in raw strength feats, he more than makes up for in striking feats:

Scan 1-3: Toriko makes a planet-sized slice in the planet with a physical attack. Now, this isa joint feat, but Toriko got much more powerful between this feat and EoS, and EoS Toriko could easily replicate the feat by himself.

Scan 4: After Toriko mastered ENBU (monkey martial arts that allows you to unite all of your cells to make you much more powerful) it was stated that an ENBU master using it offensively could destroy a continent the size of area 8 in a single punch. For reference, Area 8 has a surface area greater than our own planet. This combined with the energy absorbing nature of the planet easily makes this a planet busting feat for Toriko's striking, and this isn't even EoS Toriko. You didn't show any durability feats for SBP, but he will need to be able to tank planet busting punches (which I'm sure he can), or else he's going to get one shotted by Toriko.

These, are all the striking feats I'm showing for now, but already Superboy Prime will need planet+ blunt force and piercing durability at a bare minimum just to avoid getting one shotted.

Durability:

Scan 1: Toriko's blue demon tanks a kick from Heracles that causes a moon-sized explosion on the Toriko Planet (Toriko's blue demon can exit his body and fight by himself)

Scan 2-3: Scan 2 shows GOD's tongue punching a hole straight through the Toriko Planet, and Scan 3 shows Toriko creating a fork shield to block an attack from GOD's tongue.

These aren't any crazy durability feats, but they should be enough to show that he won't get one shotted or anything.

Speed:

Toriko could react to lightning pre-timeskip in the series, but even post timeskip he couldn't react fast enough to juggle a single BB pill bug:

However, after ENBU training he could juggle 30 BB pills with one head. This is clearly a huge increase in speed. He could also keep up with Bambina (though Bambina wasn't going all out), despite Bambina being able to dodge multiple amped LS projectiles at close range as seen in Scan 3. (Note: the text about the mold spears only being nearly lightspeed is a translation error. Coco stated that they were LS 3 arcs earlier when he was considerably weaker. As an example, he can fight capture level 1000 monkeys after ENBU training, but when he stated the spears were lightspeed, he and the other 4 Heavenly Kings got wrecked by a capture level 300 creature. Not to mention he was combining his powers with the other 4HK when Bambina dodged them.) Point is, Toriko can hang with FTL characters in a weaker form.

Superboy Prime Counters:

Though moving planets is very impressive, lifting strength doesn't translate directly into striking strength which makes it hard to use in a fight. I'll hold off saying much more until you show more striking feats.

Rips a weakened anti-monitor's armor to pieces with his strength.

Not entirely clear on how durable Anti-Monitor is outside of "very". Even then, how weakened was the armour? This makes it hard to quantify the feat, though it is definitely impressive.

Punches a hole in the source wall, thus tearing apart the fabric of the D.C. reality.

Again, this is quite unquantifiable. How durable is the source wall? Even then, in the image you showed, the guy literally says that he's giving SBP power so that he can break the wall, as in, SBP couldn't break it by himself.

Overall, this should be a good introduction to Toriko and shows that he should be able to Hang with SBP in all areas, and should be able to beat him with a Kugi punch that hits SBP with multiple planet-busting punches.

Midora, Glutton No. 2

No Caption Provided

Bio:

Midora is the leader of Gourmet Corp. He is a notorious glutton who has never been satisfied in his hundreds of years of life. He is one of Acacia's three legendary disciples and is touted as one of the three most powerful people in the world.

Attack Potency:

Midora has some powerful energy projection, though he doesn't use it unless he needs to (though he probably will use it given the numbers disadvantage).

Even pre timeskip, he uses it to devastate the human world:

As I showed earlier, the human world is bigger than our planet which makes this very impressive. This attack wiped out 90% of the human population and left the world devastated and in ruins. Larfleeze will need some impressive durability to survive planet-ish energy projection.

Midora's physicals are nothing to scoff at either. I doubt that Larfleeze can hold up in this department. Midora is capable of doing things like this:

Scan 1: Midora casually splits a mountain in half with his tongue

Scan 2-3: Midora sends Acacia flying into the planet creating a large explosion on the surface of the planet (you can just see the curvature in the top right panel)

This should show that Midora has the physicals advantage over Larfleez (at least from what you've shown).

Regen:

I'm not really going to go into durability, because I don't think that Larfleeze (or SBP) can get past Midora's insane regen (outside of soul manip):

Scan 1-2: Midora shows his ridiculous regeneration. He gets his arms sliced into pieces and parts of his head destroyed and just comes back from it without much issue. They can't really put him down (though he can't regen forever, as later on he was getting beat up quite badly, though that was after healing from multiple life ending attacks.) The fight will probably be over before he runs out of regen.

Hax:

Midora has a lot of hax (though some of it is banned here cos it's too OP lol) that I should mention.

The first is his hungry tongue ability where he uses his tongue to "consume" objects on an atomic level:

No Caption Provided

He uses it to destroy Ichiryu's body, and Ichiryu is Midora's older brother and is as powerful as himself. In fact, all three of Acacia's disciples were stated to have the ability to destroy the Toriko earth. Unless Larfleeze has feats of resisting atomic destruction, then he and his Corps are going to get consumed by Midora's hungry tongue.

Midora's other hax he has here is his food luck. Food luck simply allows him to redirect all attacks thrown at him, which basically means he can't be put down until his food luck runs out (it has limited uses). Even Acacia, who is the strongest/second strongest character in the whole series who is large planet level at least, even he couldn't put Midora down at all until he ran out of food luck, so I fail to see Larfleeze fairing any better in that aspect.

Conclusion

Overall, this is how I see the fight going:

Toriko can at least hang with SBP in all areas, and will eventually put him down with his Nail punch that hits him with multiple Planet busting punches. He can also put him down with his planet slicing piercing attacks.

Midora's regen + food luck means that Larfleeze just won't be able to put Midora down at the beginning of the fight. Meanwhile, Midora's hungry tongue can put down Larfleeze and his Orange lanterns with his atomic destruction or his physicals.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Well, I guess you learn something new everyday lol. Thanks for the advice.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By speedforceking

@maestromage: great I’ll have my counter up sometime this week.

EDIT: Are you aware your scans are mostly memes or scans of unrelated characters like Wolverine and Majestic?

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: unless it's just on my screen for some reason (refreshed several times) some of your scans aren't right....

CaptainCoolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thumbnail for your scans are messed up. but once you open them it shows the right scan

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By maestromage

@speedforceking said:EDIT: Are you aware your scans are mostly memes or scans of unrelated characters like Wolverine and Majestic?

@hope_w said:@maestromage: unless it's just on my screen for some reason (refreshed several times) some of your scans aren't right....

Fantastic lol. I have no idea why that has happened but I’ll try and fix it today sometime.

EDIT: That Cookie Monster gif for Midora is surprisingly appropriate tho lol.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thumbnail for your scans are messed up. but once you open them it shows the right scan

That's true, unless you're using mobile version.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By maestromage

@speedforceking: @hope_w: @lan_fan: Alright, so it turns out that on Microsoft edge (which I've literally never used) comicvine works fine, so I have now fixed my post lmao. What a roller coaster ride of spaghetti.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: chrome just loves to get glitchy at the worst times, good post.

speedforceking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: Hey bro, just updating you, I'm approximately 2/3 done with my response, but with New Years and such it will probably be towards the middle/ end of this upcoming week until I post.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers