CAV: Thor (NWO) VS Goku (P52) (GOKU WON)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@m0rbidpyr0: Calm down EdgeMaster1999. No need to be an @$$.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Pope052

@New_World_Order:

Sure the ability to absorb energy would be very effective against Goku, but that's if you're under the impression that Thor could properly perceive the speed of Goku's movements or fighting capabilities based off of the opponents he has tagged however unfortunately for you, as I shall distinguish later, Thor hasn't tagged anyone as fast as Goku even at base level so to think he could handle the speed whilst in any one of his Super Saiyan forms? Quite a big assumption if you'd ask me, and it would need a lot of supporting evidence in order for me to consider but like I said, this argument is for later.

That part I do not agree with. I know with Goku you have to make a lot of assumptions and such because the writers are not straight up and don't have the narration as comic books do. I don't see how sending wind back from punching is going to show Goku is capable of destroying most of a mountain. Goku's strength/striking power may be impressive in the Dragon Ball Z universe, but fighting against a being who can literally shake planets with his hits it's nothing. In all honesty I can literally see Thor standing their barely fazed from a punch from Goku, no matter how much he sends. He's going to have to give it up to his energy projection if he's going to win. Unless you have anymore striking power feats for him, that will probably be the end of this.

Firstly, I already admitted that these feats are meaningless to Thor and these were only the basics of what he'd accomplished from his kid to teenage years. I'm obviously not going to be using them to suggest Goku is capable of harming Thor, I have latter feats for that. As for your analysis of these feats anyway, you misinterpreted what I had said when I provided the feat of Goku generating a wind with his fist and then you thought I had went on to say that'd give him the necessary striking force to destroy a mountain. No, I posted another feat of Goku's kick overpowering a rocket consisting of that force so essentially he hit with exceeding force that's required to bust a mountain, so that's how he's capable of doing so as a kid, an important factor to take into account. Thor isn't going to shrug off a landed hit from Goku in Super Saiyan 2 or beyond, so he's not limited to his energy projection I can assure you.

Thor's striking power is going to be extremely hard for Goku to counter, because no one in Dragon Ball Z has 1/5 of the strength of Thor. (Without amping there physicals like how Goku does with his Dragon Fist). In all honesty I want to see if Goku can even tank one of these hits because from what i've seen in DBZ he hasn't been struck with this much power.

I already conceded to Thor's superior striking power and your provided feats prove it, so i'd agree that Goku would do best not trying to catch or tank a hit from Mjolnir but in case you missed, morals are on in this battle as you stated after your feats "I don't see Goku tanking one strike from amorals offThor". I won't try to argue that Goku could tank a blow from someone of Thor's prowess especially since Mjolnir can't be stopped as far as i'm concerned, but on the other hand to argue that Goku can deliver the necessary striking power in order to harm Thor? That I can, and intend to do based on the upcoming feats as there's no point in saving them as you've brought some pretty big showings into the equation already. Regardless of whether it harmed the tyrant or not, Goku has booted Frieza through two islands so it's more of a performance of the force of his strikes rather than if it hurt Frieza or not:

No Caption Provided

By speed-blitzing, Goku sends Vegeta through a canyon mountain at a rapid speed:

No Caption Provided

As a result of Goku and Vegeta's elbows clashing together, they've released a shock wave that has leveled small mountain ranges as a side effect:

No Caption Provided

That's a good durability feat of handling a blow from DS Sentry, however my best striking feat lined up for Goku trumps that type of durability by quite a bit. I'm referring to the side effect of a Super Saiyan 3 Goku's thrown punch missing Bills' and thus plunging through King Kai's star that's more durable than the Earth based on the "ten times" gravity's density and a feat (ask if you'd want the specific one i'm on about). Essentially, this transformation Goku hits with sufficient force to shatter a planet or at least durability that's more or less equal to the Earth's and by the way, Battle of the Gods is canon material:

No Caption Provided

Based on the durability feats you've provided for Thor he hasn't taken a blow of this standard before and although i'm not willing to suggest Goku would one shot, he'd be doing significant amounts of damage to Thor at the very least. So instead of relying on his own durability Thor would do best to resort to blocking the hits with Mjolnir but unfortunately for him, I doubt he'd even be able to see Super Saiyan 3 with before he gets barraged. I'll counter the provided durability showings nonetheless to point out, that they don't necessarily enable Thor to handle Goku's energy projection so far:

Tanks a bomb that obliterates every being in the city, tanks a blast from a Thanos clone which destroys the entire area, and Perkius the Dark Gods energy blast He doesn't even have to tank Goku's energy based attacks, he can just counter them with his lightning.HIs lightning has blocked a energy beam that was destroying and was fully capable of destroy a planet. Goku's shouldn't be a problem.

• Not impressed, the bomb didn't even completely destroy a building.
  • Thor wasn't hit by the same energy that was ripping apart the planet, only a separate red energy wave.
  • I'll take your word for it's impressiveness, though the scan is too small to properly interpret.
  • Goku's blasts encompass a higher destructive output than Thor's lightning does.
  • Only because Thor had the necessary time in order to conjure up his thunder, Goku will be consistently attacking Thor.

Anyway, Goku doesn't only need to rely on his speed in order to dodge Thor's lightning/energy based attacks. Goku is incredibly versatile and will play better for him than Thor's versatility will for Thor. Goku could cancel out Thor's lightning with a Chi Shout or Chi Push, he only did these two maneuvers once but I feel all feats from either character's versatility should be considered unless they weren't performed in combat or contradict the character:

No Caption Provided

Or while Thor beings to charge up an attack or is about to hit Goku wit Mjolnir (assuming he's fast enough), Goku could blind him with a solar-flare and whilst Thor is idle Goku has an opportunity advantage for ten seconds, more than enough time to land a hundred blows considering he could already karate chop Krillin nine times in less than a second as a much slower adolescent:

No Caption Provided

Not to mention remember in terms of durability I said Goku was no slouch in handling energy based attacks? Yeah, well here Goku smirks after being hit by a death beam from Frieza that was shot at with more effort and produced more power than what's enough to bust a planet. This isn't only because of Goku's spit blank comparative statement between Frieza's power and the fact that the tyrant could destroy planets yet couldn't hurt Goku, but due to the fact that Frieza was using much more of his power at fifty percent than he did when accomplishing his previous feats that i'll describe shortly:

No Caption Provided

So Thor will need to toss out pretty powerful attacks in order to harm the Saiyan to begin with, but Goku won't be standing there letting Thor hit him when he could simply dodge Thor's attacks. Anyway, although Super Saiyan 3 Goku definitely hits hard enough to effectively harm Thor at the least, Goku isn't going to use that form straight away and i'll save it for a last resort due to the strain it has on Goku's body and therefore he can only obtain the form for about two minutes. Since Super Saiyan 2 is only a quarter of the power of Super Saiyan 3 Goku would strike with a quarter of the force and that's still hard enough to moderately damage Thor, but it's the Saiyan's energy projection that'll play as one of his best cards in battle and this is it:

Energy Projection:

As early as the Saiyan Saga, Goku's Kamehameha was powerful enough to push back a Galick Gun from Vegeta that could have blown up the planet. I know this feat is generally considered hyperbole, the fact that Goku's atmospheric perceptions felt Vegeta's power literally trembling the Earth only by powering up in the first place and that's already a planet threatening feat as it is. Goku also charged up his Kamehameha faster than Thor could conjure his thunder:

Frieza, who has effortlessly planet busted before couldn't stalemate Goku's Kamehameha and there's no reason to believe why he's purposely use less power than he did here than when destroying a planet, so at this stage a Kaioken X20 Goku has easily surpassed the large planet busting tier considering the fact Frieza was using fifty percent as opposed to virtually nothing in his base form:

No Caption Provided

And by turning Super Saiyan, Goku's Kamehameha was powerful enough to the point where it had managed to easily defeat a full powered Frieza's charging power blast to the point where the tyrant had to abandon the energy attack and assault Goku manually, so Goku's tier of destructive capacity in Super Saiyan had quite handily surpassed Frieza's at this rate. In fact, Goku eventually gave up battling the tyrant as he was disappointed at what Frieza's could do at best, Super Saiyan is well above the planet scale, based on Goku's ability to overpower Frieza's blasts so they'd obviously have to exceed:

No Caption Provided

Even Goku's uncharged energy blasts have opened craters in planets:

I'll leave it at this for now and although I do believe for the most part Thor and Goku's energy projections is roughly on the same tier, I believe Goku can omit attacks a lot more powerful casually than Thor can so Thor would need time and focus in order to generate an energy blast equal to Goku's base standard, but sadly he won't get the necessary concentration when up against an opponent massively faster than him so now we'll get onto your speed feats:

Ah Goku's only real advantage in this fight, one which will allow him to stay a little while in a fight with Thor. Although Goku isn't no Flash, he can be tagged, and will be. Thor is not so impressive in speed, so I have ways around that. Yes he has impressive travel speed, but when it comes to combat, he's good, but eh, not up to par with Goku.

Not only will it keep him from getting it from Mjolnir, but it will lead onto Goku's victory in terms of the speed he'd be executing his attacks and he'd see Thor as a statue considering the difference. Goku may not be on par with the Flash and of course he can be tagged, just not by Thor and i'll establish Goku's speed in the next post instead of this one where i'll just provide feats so you'll see the difference soon enough. Though I must say i'm a tad disappointed that this speed section of yours lacks any counter to mine, so you could just assume Thor could tag Goku based on these however you'd need to prove that Thor could land a hit on somebody who's been moving at invisible hyper sonic speed since a kid and outpacing lightning as a teenager:

Tags Silver Surfer Blocks his energy blast Deflects Uriel's attack Thor isn't as slow as he's made out to be.

• Surfer clearly wasn't even fighting in the first place, and he isn't close to Goku in speed.
  • Unless there's a clearly established speed of the Surfer's beams, we have no idea to justify this feat but Surfer was floored anyway.
  • Again we'd need to know how fast Uriel's attacks are, especially this one.

Thor can go destructive which would cause heavy damage to your team and will leave them very weak although this is a more concentrated attack. I mean he can literally strike down a large area with a massive lighting bolt.Thor has quite the bull-rush too

These type of maneuvers you've listed wouldn't even touch King Piccolo Saga Goku, and that's when he was a kid.

Thor can send the lighting through his body so your team will get electrocuted if they touch him, then there is the fact that his lightning has spanned an entire moon. Not to mention Mjolnir can transverse through space and time to reach it's target, so they will not be escaping Mjolnir when it's thrown

Goku is smart enough not to touch Thor if he decides to do that, and although Thor's lightning has great range it doesn't mean great precision nor does it mean Thor has great perception speed in order to hit Goku. I've countered the fact that Mjolnir can follow it's target, Goku could run up to Thor and wait until the last split second to dodge it like he did to Piccolo's lingering blast. Thus Mjolnir would hit Thor and if he managed grab it, Goku still wasn't tagged.

Goku is from a universe that has characters with similar powers, so let me end my opener with this, how would he fare against lightning when no one in his universe has been struck by it?

Goku was endured a lightning attack from Master Roshi as a kid, i'm not saying that'd mean he could handle Thor's lightning however he has been struck by it. Then again, Thor won't be able to land a hit in order for Goku to endure it so this argument is null and void. With all of that being said you still didn't prove that Thor could hit a kid or teenage Goku based on feats, so i'll continue with Goku's more advanced levels of speed. As a counter to Thor's area of effect attacks and while they would be effective if they connected, unfortunately Goku evaded Frieza's paralyzing light-ball in the very instant it exploded:

After deflecting Jeice's energy ball to his surprise, Goku moved quick enough to appear behind Burter faster than either could perceive:

No Caption Provided

It appeared as if Goku vanished and reappeared over to Gohan after Nappa's failed attempt to punch him:

No Caption Provided

At this rate Thor I don't think Thor could even perceive Goku's movements in the slightest but let's say he did manage to catch a glimpse of Goku and quickly fired a devastatingly powerful attack which instantly vaporized Goku on contact? I'm afraid not, that my friend was only an after-image:

No Caption Provided

I don't see the need in doing much more than this, needless to say Thor is at a crucial disadvantage in not being able to properly perceive or hit his opponent based on feats. I'll save the rest of my good feats and the proper case for Goku's speed probably for my next post, but thus far Goku will be seeing Thor as a statue. I'll finish this one by saying Goku possesses the techniques to give Thor trouble alone, the striking capabilities to deal damage, the energy projection in order to truly deteriorate Thor's durability and the speed to top it all of he's safe from Thor's offensive maneuvers altogether. It's your turn, mate.

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting arguments from both parties. Well written. A read worthy debate!

It's too bad it doesn't matter though, seeing as the only important topic at hand is how badly both Thor & Goku would lose to Superman.

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwins465:

Although you're only kidding around, but even those type of comments do tend to rile up flame wars easier than you think. You don't have to delete it, but i'd appreciate it if you edited out the Superman part as it's irrelevant to here and we'd rather not risk any chance of this thread getting derailed mate.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Experio

@xxkorvexiusxx707: This is a debate between two people, refrain from giving your opinion on the battle

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxkorvexiusxx707: yes please don't man thy have a right to have a debate

And also gokus also deflected planet busting attacks

Anyways sorry bout that guys continue

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pope052

@xxkorvexiusxx707:

This is no place to throw out your opinion so read the rules properly before posting. For the record if those points are said by my opponent, I already have a counter reply prepared. He's the only one who can point it out, not you.

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kepp it coming. gotta form my next time on dbz memes. its hard to get everyones name on the reply

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052 said:

@dorukesin said:

I don't understand anything about that Goku

What do you mean?

I don't know it's so confusing

what would you like to know?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NeonGameWave

This Challenge a Viner is going to go down in history for me!

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By woundermangirl

Very interesting arguments from both parties. Well written. A read worthy debate!

It's too bad it doesn't matter though, seeing as the only important topic at hand is how badly both Thor & Goku would lose to Superman.

thor has beat superman in a crossover before still if you was you can debate me :)

CptMerc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please tag me for voting

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Easternwind

@woundermangirl: you mean superman vs thor? Im sure a few people would debate you on that

woundermangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woundermangirl: huh. i think you made a typo, i dunno what you mean. you can pm me tho

Itsjustme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting battle right now I like both characters, but there can only be one!

Find out on the next Dragonball Z! "Music"

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally!

Tag for voting pl0x.

Avatar image for injusticeforall
InjusticeForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwins465 said:

thor has beat superman in a crossover before still if you was you can debate me :)

fanfic don't count.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Go Pope!

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took me an EXTREMELY long time to get everyones name on that reply. you guys are welcome.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Thewhiteronin

@superlightning123: Please tag me, too.

EDIT: Never mind, I found my name in your roster lol.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin: LOL. that's usually the role I play on dbz threads. especially with pope. I just stalk the thread and post the ending accordingly. I take the time ot tag everyone who appeared on the thread. so when someone new arrives. I gotta add them too.

Itsjustme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku by far.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superlightning123:

I've told you on another debate about this, stop spamming the thread with memes and videos as that falls under the "don't post unnecessary scans/videos" rules that you're breaking. Wait until we're done and open the voting.

SavageSick97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag me please.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savagesick97: I'll tag you on my "next time on Dbz" theme. @pope052: relax. Everyone enjoys it. I'll wait a bit longer next time. @mlunny1121: I agree. But let these guys debate. Goku has to play his cards well. We'll see.

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to say.... for energy projection.... God blast >>> kamehameha

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Zmasonite

I want to say, don't say your opinion until voting is open

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please tag me

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pope052

It seems that many fail to follow simple instructions of not giving their general opinion of the fight, it's as if reading the rules is such a chore when they're willing to go down through an entire debate but not a couple of sentences? It doesn't make much sense to me, just wait till the voting is done and then you may give your open opinions on the battle, but only then. I try not sound rude, but it's not like I haven't made anything not permitted clear enough in the OP.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By BEYONDERGOD

Goku solos

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Experio

@beyondergod: @xbleeding_edgex: Read the battle forum rules and prohibit writing statements that could possibly continue to derail the thread meant to be for two debaters, it was clearly placed on the OP by 'Pope052' specifically to remind users such as yourselves from giving an opinion on the battle. Don't visit Cavs if you're gonna ignore them.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pope052

@superlightning123:

It doesn't matter who enjoys it, it's against the rules we've set. A once off is okay but you have consistently posted the same in another debate and this one, so i'm asking you to stop as we'd appreciate it. It may not seem as bad to you, but it's nothing more than spam at this rate.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: I won't tag you then. I'll try to find new pics. But still. I'll wait al longer time to see if everyone Is done. Just ignore it. If I see it's causing a flame war, I'll quit. No harm done

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Pope052

@superlightning123:

That's not the point, it's the fact that you're intentionally breaking a rule we've set that floods up the thread and you've already taken up a chunk of this page as it is especially since someone quoted your post again. I know it doesn't affect the debate, but it affects the thread and thus i'm not willing to let it become clogged up with unnecessary scans and/or videos from time to time. If you do it again, i'll need to request a mod to ask you to stop. It's not a big deal and it doesn't have to be, so just stop it while it stands because not everyone enjoys it and I as the thread maker and one of the two debaters involved, don't.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: even if I wait till both of you are completely done with your posts? Once your both done, I might as well finish it off.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superlightning123:

When we're done the debate altogether, perhaps but you'll need to wait until we've agreed to end the debate and until the voting has commenced. Otherwise, you're not obliged to do so under any circumstances unless it's not included within the rules.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: awwwwww. Don't take the fun away. How about I make the post smaller? Yeah. That will work

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers