CaV: The Seven Deadly Sins (HitTheAssassin) vs Devilman (HigherPower)

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By HigherPower

While originally it was my ulterior motive, I later decided that this CaV shouldn't serve to solely curb the growing fanaticism of NNT on the Vine. It dawned on me that this may be the first widescreen display of Devilman in a CaV setting that isn't botched, so I'm more focused on representing him well than trying to debunk SDS.

In one corner, we have @hittheassasin representing the Sins, who shouldn't need an introduction at this point.

Team

No Caption Provided

And in the other, I have the pleasure of introducing you to Devilman.

Devilman

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Current Sins
  • Manga/Anime Devilman
  • In-character
  • Fight to KO/incap/death
  • Start 100m apart
  • No knowledge, random encounter
  • No prep
  • BFR does not count as a win
  • Battle takes place at 11:30am

Camelot
Camelot

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 HitTheAssasin  Online

@higherpower: Nicely done. I'm really hoping i havem't let myself into another half mismatch CaV like the Goku vs DS one way back in the day. I suppose we'll have to see after you drop your first post, really looking forward to it.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tag me when it's done, I want to see what Devilman is capable of.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v. Time to start reading SDS and Devilman, I suppose.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. I hope this finishes.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: I recommend watching Devilman Crybaby.

T4V

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

T4V. First time I'm seeing this version of Devilman being used in a CAV.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V, an all out Sin CAV? That should be good.

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HigherPower

@hittheassasin:

No Caption Provided

Imagine for a second that you're taking a leisure walk with a girl who's like a sister to you (who you end up falling in love with) and one day, your longtime best friend shows up out of nowhere and tells you that his father committed suicide, all before taking you to satanic sex party where you become a ballistic mass murderer and get possessed by a demon. These are the events that our protagonist, Akira Fudo, was thrust in towards the beginning of Devilman—the 1970s sleeper hit manga that became a cult classic and enjoyed perennial popularity for over 4 decades. Akira was relatively unknown until Netflix aired the Crybaby anime earlier this year, so his manga version is currently balancing the fine line between obscurity and mainstream. Allow me the honor of taking this formerly underused character and bringing him into the CaV ring, showing exactly why and how he beats the Seven Deadly Sins.

Physicals | A Rundown

I'll mainly be using feats from Go Nagai's original manga continuity along with showings completed in Devilman Crybaby. The canonicity of the classic manga extends to titles such as Shin Devilman, Devilman Lady, Devilman vs Hades, Devilman G, Amon: Dark Side of Devilman, Devilman Saga, and a couple side stories.

Devilman's greatest feats of raw strength come from Crybaby and the his battle with Mazinger in Devilman vs Hades. In Crybaby, after the end of humanity and his subsequent power-up, one of his opening blows against Satan was so powerful it released a massive spherical shock-wave that left a visible depression on the ocean surface. Devilman and Satan were at least in the mesosphere at the time.

Loading Video...

That layer of the atmosphere starts at 31 mi (50km) above the surface (source). This means the diameter of the shock-wave was twice that (since the radius is from where they are to the ocean), thus it's full volume is at least mountain range/island level. And that's just the scale of the shock-wave; the actual force of punch would be much, much stronger.

This feat is consistent with another showing in Devilman vs Hades #6, in which Akira merges with and overpowers the demon turtle Jinmen, before pounding him into the ground and ripping his neck apart.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Jinmen was dwarfing mountain ranges at the time, and him simply standing up broke apart mountains and caused earthquakes across his city sized shell.

And immediately after this happens, we see an impressive feat of durability. The Dark Emperor, Hades, fires a small country busting blast at both Jinmen and Akira—but while Jinmen perishes, Akira is thoroughly unscathed (you can see the Earth's curvature and surrounding landmasses in comparison to the destruction of the third scan).

To my knowledge, the none of the Sins have country busting attacks, and this isn't even Devilman's best durability feat on that level. He surpasses it in Devilman vs Hades #16, during his battle with Great Mazinger. After being taunted by Akira, Mazinger released his most powerful attack, Thunderbreak, which caused a massive explosion that is explicitly country-busting, and leaves a gaping hole in the crust.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Not only was Akira utterly unharmed, but he also one-shotted Great Mazinger by ripping out it's engine, the source of it's power.

Additionally, Thunderbreaker was Mazinger's strongest attack, and was noted by Akira to have destroyed the Underworld and breached the dimensional barrier.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Akira has several other impressive durability feats showcased in this manga alone (like tanking island and mountain range busting explosions) but these are some of his better ones. One of Devilman's best durability feats (which doubles as immense heat resistance) comes from Amon: The Dark Side of Devilman #5 where he no-sells enough nuclear bombs to vaporize the Atlantic Ocean (exposing Atlantis on the sea floor).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

FYI, all the nukes in the world today couldn't even boil the ocean. While this is the real show stopper, Akira also has a lesser feat of tanking the heat of re-entry.

Concerning the topic of speed, Akira is consistently able fly from polar regions and circumnavigate the entire globe in a matter of seconds. Specifically in terms of reactions, in Crybaby, he was able to narrowly dodge a beam from Satan that reached the Moon (from Earth) in less than a second.

Loading Video...

Satan fired another one that tagged Akira later, but he was physically taxed from the battle and was in the middle of attacking Satan at the time. So it's more of a knock against his agility than his speed. In summation, unless one of the Sins are FTL, they won't be landing any clean hits on him at all in this encounter.

The Hax to Match

Transmutation

Akira's physical stats alone will pose a barrier for the Sins, but as the subheader says, he has the hax to match. His most notable hax ability is his transmutation aura, which was displayed throughout the first chapter of Amon: The Darkside of Devilman. I call it an "aura" because he can transmute things to goop with his presence.

Amon: The Dark Side of Devilman #2
Amon: The Dark Side of Devilman #2

And his transmutation has a planetary range, as we are shown it could melt the entire surface of the Earth.

Amon: The Dark Side of Devilman #1
Amon: The Dark Side of Devilman #1

Akira can melt and fuse together people and things he can't even see. Not that that should come as a surprise considering the technique's AOE though. But here's a good example of him doing it casually in his human form.

Phasing

Akira is able to make his body spatially intangible at will and phase through solid objects.

Devilman (1972)
Devilman (1972)

Regeneration

Devilman's regen is fantastic. He was able to immediately heal after having his body sliced cleanly in half by Mazinger's photon beam Devilman vs Hades #16.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

His arms and legs waste no time in regenerating.

No Caption Provided

And there are a lot more instanced of his regen (like this one where he regrows his wings and reattaches limbs)

No Caption Provided

And this one where he regenerates his arm.

in addition to this instance of Satan melting his organs and him healing them back...

..as well as him regenerating from decapitation and having his body shredded to the unrecognizable.

Absorption

Another quality Devilman possesses that I think will play a major role in this battle. He was able to ignore Hades' Hellfire and subsequently absorb a notable portion of his power.

He was also able to absorb Great Mazinger's engine, the source of it's power, into himself (you've seen what Mazinger can do)

Other Hax

Akira has telepathy, teleportation, can BFR, rip holes in space-time and cross dimensions as well as retain his memory when a timeline resets (he even broke the 4th wall once). However, he's never used TP offensively and BFR was restricted per my opponents request. Other techniques play a minor role.

Conclusion

Devilman's biggest advantage in this match is his inability to be harmed by the Sins. With the combination of his reaction speeds, raw durability, intangibility and regeneration, the team putting him down will be difficult to say the least. On the other hand, I'm positive none of them have a counter to transmutation, and the AOE of Devilman's transmutation aura can engulf the entire planet so they have no where to run (and even if they did escape via teleportation or something else, it would be self-BFR). I also feel the weaker Sins can be clobbered with his level of striking power, and his best striking and speed feats haven't been posted yet.

Good luck amigo.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: Nice opener, been wondering about this anime since I saw it on Netflix.

T4V

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HitTheAssasin  Online

Uh, transmutation is such an annoying power.

Ultrra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HitTheAssasin  Online
HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this seems too much for the Sins but interested to see how HTA handles this.

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HigherPower

@shirso: I think he acknowledges Devilman could beat the Sins. But tbh it's not a real victory for me nor a real loss for him since no debating happened.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers