CAV: The Mandalorian (Subline) vs Embo (zwach)

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

The Mandalorian (@subline)

No Caption Provided

Embo + Marrok (@zwach)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Canon Feats Only
  • Standard Gear
  • In Character
  • Basic Knowledge
  • No Prep
  • Standard Win Conditions

MOS EISLEY (UNPOPULATED)
MOS EISLEY (UNPOPULATED)

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tag

zwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zwach

@subline: You didn't give me much say when it came to the conditions or location but alright. Who's on first?

Edit: nvm, just saw that you offered for me to go first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zwach: My bad, I thought that you'd be fine with pretty standard CV conditions. Is there anything you want to change?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes, ty.

zwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: No, I was split on if Marrok should be included but his help isn't needed so no worries. ;)

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

Whoops, thought this was a versus match, deleted my post.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP & T4V

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Ezra_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V, query does Mando get the beskar here?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nyet

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

zwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: If we're including beskar how about we throw Marrok in as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Nice, this is more interesting now. I'll make my post tonight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

s

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

TAEP

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Sorry, there's been some riot craziness lately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zwach: Ah, no worries. I'm in no rush.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

t4v

zwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Embo was considered the second deadliest bounty hunter of his time behind Cad Bane which is an impressive feat, especially because unlike Bane Embo doesn't rely heavily on technology yet is still a threat to even Jedi. What stands out about him is his nearly Jedi-like speed, skill, and acrobatics. He can jump very high into the air while still shooting, blocking, or throwing his hat. He can even dodge blaster bolts while running towards the shooter, something very few non force-users can accomplish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZOvzd2CSM

He isn't even afraid to fight in close quarters with force users and managed to temporarily push back Savage with a combo of attacks who is a tank. Marrok also kept Maul on the ground for a surprising amount of time. I laughed at the time I first saw it thinking Maul was pathetic but you'll see that Marrok is actually more than just a dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2qpn4ulIBE

Embo personally reminds me of old school kung fu movies with the way he fights and the Mandolorian (TM from now on) will have difficulty even keeping track of him especially with the added pressure of Marrok.

Embo's not just dangerous up close, either. He kept pressure on Anakin during their chase with accurate bowcaster shots while snowboarding after him on his hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4kIBuaACJk

This is an outrageous feat for someone with no force powers at all and shows how laser focused Embo is on his targets. Now here's a really impressive but easy to miss feat from Marrok. Moments after Padme and Anakin got away from him after they spent a couple of minutes having a speeder and snowboard chase Marrok just strolls up to him and gives him his hat. How fast did Marrok have to be running to keep up and only be seconds behind? That speed is unlike any real creature and makes me think Maul wasn't so pathetic for having trouble with that beast on top of him. Marrok is no joke even though he may seem featless and absolutely makes a difference in this fight.

Since there isn't a huge number of feats for these characters and it's a simple debate I'll cap off my first post with this. Once Embo realizes that his opponent's armor is blaster resistant it won't be difficult for him to get in close where the fight is easily his. He can avoid TM's attacks at range or block them with little effort and can use his hat to knock TM down, possibly disarming him that way or by using his bowcaster. TM's grappling hook isn't a good idea against Embo because he's so strong and can win a tug-of-war. Once he inevitably gets up close the armor won't matter. Limbs can still be broken and the helmet can come off. Marrok's help and added pressure makes it even more certain that Embo will make it to close quarters.

TM's arsenal is impressive but weapons and armor don't maketh man and particularly in the Star Wars galaxy where Ewoks can beat the Empire skill is what's most important. This isn't a low difficulty fight for Embo but he definitely takes the majority of the wins.

No Caption Provided

@subline@lord_tenebrous@darthadi@blackpantherisb

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pleases me.

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #1

"This is the way"

Intro

Din Djarin orphaned at a very young age and raised as a foundling by The Mandalorians, obviously, this means he has received a Ton of Training, and turned out as one of the most formidable bounty hunters of his time, which is backed by numerous statements. Not only is Mando incredibly well Trained, but he is also very well Equipped, whether that be in regards to offensive Equipment or just his Armor, something you accepted, while downplaying the actual talent of Mando himself.

Notable Accolades:

He said you're the best in the parsec… he also said you were expensive, very expensive.

~ The Client

They all hate you Mando... because you're a Legend

~ Greef Carga

His body is shielded by beskar armor, his face hidden behind a T-visored mask, and his past is wrapped in mystery. No one is quite sure who this well-equipped stranger is. The Mandalorian is battle-worn and tight-lipped, a formidable bounty hunter in an increasingly dangerous galaxy.

~ StarWars.com

Ranged Battle

A ranged battle is definitely favorable for Mando, while you claimed that Embo will be able to close the gap due to his Agility and Hat / Shield, the same cannot be said for Marrok. I assume you agree since you provided no showings of Marrok displaying any sort of evasive maneuvers.

You did however argue he can just close the distance very quickly, given his running speed:

Moments after Padme and Anakin got away from him after they spent a couple of minutes having a speeder and snowboard chase Marrok just strolls up to him and gives him his hat. How fast did Marrok have to be running to keep up and only be seconds behind?

"Seconds" is a bit of an exaggeration, both Embo (whilst sliding) and the Speeder were shown as significantly faster, you'll notice at numerous points in the scene if you pay attention to the background, that Marrok is nowhere to be sited.

As for your point about Marrok arriving with Embo's hat, well there's a gap of over 20 seconds between the point where the speeder arrives at the edge of the cliff and when Marrok does, which is a pretty significant time period given the chase only lasts approximately 80 seconds.

There are numerous instances that display how fast Marrok can run and he's clearly not intended as insanely fast as you suggest (1, 2).

Marrok will run and Mando will take him out with his blaster, the wolf has no showings of durability whatsoever so a single Blaster shot should suffice. Mando's proven on numerous instances that he's capable of hitting medium distance shots with his Blaster (1, 2).

This leaves Embo alone against Mando, while I agree Embo is Agile and quick enough to close in, a close quarters encounter is still in favor of Mando.

Close Quarters

I'm positive that Mando will have no trouble if the fight goes to close quarters, these are the showings you provided for Embo:

He isn't even afraid to fight in close quarters with force users and managed to temporarily push back Savage with a combo of attacks who is a tank. Marrok also kept Maul on the ground for a surprising amount of time. I laughed at the time I first saw it thinking Maul was pathetic but you'll see that Marrok is actually more than just a dog.

Throughout that fight I see nothing noteworthy, Embo disarms Savage by tossing his Shield at him, as Savage was distracted with another opponent. After that, we only see two brief encounters between Embo and Savage and this is how they go down:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Embo literally lasts for seconds. Aside from durability, this fight doesn't really show anything impressive, and definitely makes it evident that Embo does not have Jedi / Sith level speed or combat proficiency which you're claiming he does.

Mando on the other hand, has clear cut feats, like taking down four Security Droids within seconds:

No Caption Provided

I see no reason why this isn't better than Embo getting his ass kicked by Savage Opress.

Embo personally reminds me of old school kung fu movies with the way he fights and the Mandolorian (TM from now on) will have difficulty even keeping track of him especially with the added pressure of Marrok.

I've already established that Marrok will be taken out as he attempts to close in, but even if he did close in (which he won't), he would still be of little threat. Marrok's first move is to pounce on his target, Mando has gone up against a Mudhorn before, a much larger and physically powerful creature, Mando's first reaction when he was charged by the Mudhorn was to use his Wrist Flamethrowers, unlike the Mudhorn, Marrok does not have a giant horn to partially protect him or just the general durability to endure direct fire, he will get burnt to a crisp instantly.

Embo isn't really going to be able to capitalize on Marrok pouncing on him either, you yourself stated Embo's Crossbow won't be effective in taking Mando down due to his Beskar Armor, and he won't exactly be able to do much damage with his regular attacks either. Which brings me on to my next point - Durability.

You claimed:

Once Embo realizes that his opponent's armor is blaster resistant it won't be difficult for him to get in close where the fight is easily his. He can avoid TM's attacks at range or block them with little effort and can use his hat to knock TM down, possibly disarming him that way or by using his bowcaster.

TM's grappling hook isn't a good idea against Embo because he's so strong and can win a tug-of-war. Once he inevitably gets up close the armor won't matter. Limbs can still be broken and the helmet can come off. Marrok's help and added pressure makes it even more certain that Embo will make it to close quarters.

I don't dispute that Embo can disarm Mando of his Blasters, but it isn't relevant here, since a lot of Mando's Equipment is attached to the actual Suit.

You're being quite dismissive of Mando's Durability, he was charged, ragdolled, bashed and beaten by a Mudhorn, the attacks were powerful enough to send him dozens of feet away, but Mando kept getting up regardless.

On top of this, he took a beating from Burg without any evident damage, for reference, Burg was strong enough to easily decimate large metal droids and toss them with little difficulty. To imply Embo won't have much trouble inflicting damage is absurd considering his damage output does not hold a candle to a Mudhorn's or Burg's.

Your claim about Embo being stronger hasn't been backed up, I can't see a single feat of physical strength throughout your whole post. Meanwhile, Mando is strong enough to rip off the arm of a security droid and rip off a head in another instance.

I don't believe Embo has any significant speed advantage either, while the Suit does restrict his mobility, that didn't stop him from evading Blaster Shots effectively.

Gear

I think the showings I've posted make it clear that Mando can hang in a pure melee battle, however Mando's Equipment will make a victory significantly easier, one of his most effective Weapons are the Whistling Birds, they automatically track a target and take down the target with a small explosion, Mando can fire off multiple of these simultaneously:

No Caption Provided

While Embo is a proficient blocker with his Hat, it's just not physically possible for him to block four fast moving Whistling Birds from multiple directions simultaneously, whilst also making sure not to leave himself open to Mando (as Mando could instantly fry him with his Flamethrower if he turns his back on him).

Conclusion

• Marrok will simply be one shot by Mando's Blaster at range, or burnt to a crisp in close range by Mando's Flamethrower.
  • Mando has displayed he's just as competent if not moreso than Embo in regards to combat skill, so he can definitely keep up in Melee.
  • Mando's Beskar Armor will make putting him down a very difficult task for Embo, meanwhile Mando has numerous types of Weapons (primarily the Whistling Birds + Flamethrower) that can take Embo down instantly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice openers. I look forward to the rest of this.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: Can you please tag me next time? Thanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers