CaV: Thanos (Cull Obsidian) vs Midora (Shirso)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cull_obsidian: U haven't finished it yet ? I am having some problems to read ur counters tbh.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: Nope not finished still editing and finishing, what parts are you having trouble with

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's just meh...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Well I cannot see the whole scan(2nd) that u have shown on ur strength and hax counters .

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crushyourenemies: Thanks for your opinion

Look forward to your next subpar discussion

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: Still working on Hax, what second scan? What does the text say

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: That image seems fine, but let me know of anymore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian said:

@biswaboxz: That image seems fine, but let me know of anymore

Well after downloading the image i can see it clearly . Other than that ur arrangements are quite good .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: There are some arguments of Shirso that u have misplaced them to ur own counters or in other words u haven't quoted those arguments or statements that were mentioned by Shirso .

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@biswaboxz: Yeah I know just haven't finished editing it

Will tag once it's completed

CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crushyourenemies: for the record you do realise this is just the first post, this is some of the lowest feats

So not quite sure what your problem is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: Yeah I know just haven't finished editing it

Will tag once it's completed

Hmm looking forward to this .

CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crushyourenemies: for the record you do realise this is just the first post, this is some of the lowest feats

So not quite sure what your problem is

No problem here. I am watching this and as an audience member I have one minor gripe.

Why serve a halfbaked cookie?

If your post isn't done then why even post it?

It can even lead to allegations from the other side that you are re-editing your posts as soon as you read feedback (As you have been addressing here so I'm not even making this up) on it thus making your post stronger. Kinda like moving a piece in chess then moving it back once you've set it down in order to avoid detriment.

I mean even from a spectator's view it's like watching a good movie and have it buffer every 5 seconds.

You can you know...save it on a microsoft word or something. just a tip.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crushyourenemies:

No problem here. I am watching this and as an audience member I have one minor gripe.

Well tbh this would be somewhat more believable if you hadn't done pretty much the same thing on my other CAV against Jiren (animelegend68) where you said I have fooled him

Why serve a halfbaked cookie?

Actually halfbaked cookies are really nice, but that's off topic lol

If your post isn't done then why even post it?

You aren't aware of this but I'm actually doing this CAV post on a phone and it was simply a hassle free way of saving my progress (literally almost done 99%) including all the formatting and images

It can even lead to allegations from the other side that you are re-editing your posts as soon as you read feedback (As you have been addressing here so I'm not even making this up) on it thus making your post stronger. Kinda like moving a piece in chess then moving it back once you've set it down in order to avoid detriment.

I get what your saying but no I'm solely editing what I intended to do anyway, and I have let my opponent know that I intend to post and continue a few edits as I feel I have kept everyone waiting for this for a long time, not entirely my fault mi d you as I have had personal things like, new baby, moving out and new job all happen in a relatively short period.

There has been no feedback on the content, @bizwaboxz: was pointing out formating issue and not any counters or arguments that could help, lol its nothing like that chess analogy.

I mean even from a spectator's view it's like watching a good movie and have it buffer every 5 seconds.

Not really as its clearly states at the top of my post that I haven't fi ished editing and I haven't even posted the callouts or tags yet

You can you know...save it on a microsoft word or something. just a tip

Thanks for the tip, I am actually saving it on private message, One note and other word docs, but the images and formatting dont stay except on comicvines message and comment boxes, and I'm pm it can't be edited

FINAL note on this if you are not enjoying or don't like my posts I'm sorry but I have spent a lot of time and effort and it just seems rude to Comment "It's just meh", purely for the sake of ridicule, I welcome constructive criticism absolutely but not trolling thank you

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: due to other feedback, do you think I should delete the post until its completed or keep it up and finish it

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: No it's fine, you don't need to delete it. But do tag me when you're done with final editing.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Will. Do, what I might do it repost it so its not too far back

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Christmas happened lol it will be finished by this week MAXIMUM and will tag you

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos 'The Mad Titan'

No Caption Provided

Introduction

Hey everyone I know this has been very slow due to other commitments but it's finally here, my first post of my second CAV, I hope this lives up to expectations, and I thoroughly enjoyed my last one.

Thanos Bio (From the wiki)

Born to the Eternals Mentor and Sui-San, Thanos was subject to the Deviant gene at birth. As a result, Thanos became like that of a 'mutant' of Titan (the sixth orbiting moon of Saturn) where he developed a purple, hide-like skin along with strength and other physical abilities far surpassing that of other Titans.

This mutation also augmented the powers he inherently possessed as a descendant of the Eternals. Growing to become the most powerful Titan, his skin developed in such a fashion so as to allow the Titan to not only absorb cosmic energy on a atomic level, but also then manipulate it as kinetic force via conscious choice

@shirso: I hope your ready gone fairly easy for the opener, but don't worry there's plenty more to show

Strength/ striking

This section will showcase some of Thanos' striking/strength feats this can include combat feats, lifting, striking, skills etc

To start off I'll put forward a pretty impressive striking feat from a semi serious Thanos against an angry Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

As you can see he not only knocks out Surfer but almost kills him in a few hits Even Surfers famous speed cannot stop this attack.

Next up Is Thanos against a bloodlusted, pseudo warrior madness., power gem'd Thor

He's fools around and doesnt take him seriously.

Right to left

Then he starts to take him seriously and only gets a bloody nose

Right to left

The fight only ends when Thanos used a Gun he just found lying around, and specifically said he was bored of the battle and weary at least 3 times

Right to left

He states he is strength personified while simultaneously manhandling Thing and Hulk and awaiting the challenge of Hercules and Thor

No Caption Provided

One of the most famous examples of his strength, one that undoubtedly puts him at planetary at the least is this one where here locks up with classic Drax and their scuffle destroys the planet

What's even more impressive is that this was his very first appearance and has got exponentially stronger since then.

Energy projection

Will keep this section short so I don't use up all the good feats.

Long story short for this is showing that Thanos can kill a hulk, but not any hulk a hulk that cannot die, so he is able to kill unkillable beings, this was all while he was weakened and barely able to stand

No Caption Provided

Here is another famous scan, Thanos blasting the mighty Galactus and sending him skipping across the planet, and damaging his helmet in the process.

No Caption Provided

Speed

This section will be concerned with speed. Now I know that Midora will probably be faster but Thanos is still pretty fast.

Here he casually reacts to a blitz by Ironheart

No Caption Provided

He not only perceived her but reacted to her in a physical way by grabbing her by the neck, this was her latest suit and latest iron man type armour, Tony's suits can go Mach 5, which is 5 times the speed of sound

This scan shows Thanos dodging a laser which as you know is obviously light speed

No Caption Provided

I know what you are going to say, 'that little alien put the shot off target' I don't think that's the case as Thanos still had to move, as you can see if he stood up straight he would have been hit so I don't think the laser was off target all that much

The mystical Asguardian hammers of Thor and Beta Ray Bill can and have flown at over slight speed, especially when Thor winds up his shot to maximize speed against an enemy

As you can see here all it takes is an absolute casual hand wave to react and stop the hammer.

No Caption Provided

Same goes for Storm breaker, he just stopped it with a hand gesture and enclosed in a forcefield

No Caption Provided

This scan shows Thanos casually reacting to an attack from a blitzing Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

Teleportation

Although not technically speed, his Teleportation technology and also his natural ability are very effective in battle and can definitly provide a way out or a tight situation or invaluable maneuver capabilities.

Examples include

Against Annihilus using portals in the middle of the battle

No Caption Provided

Durability

There is a reason that some people refer to Thanos as the sponge, he is able to withstand a ridiculous amount of punishment and damage and just keep going.

First up we have Thanos taking 3 full screams to his face point blank

His screams are said to be able to shatter planets. Afterwards he was fine, a bit of blood but otherwise no damage.

He doesn't care for hammers, even one's as powerful as Ronans universal weapon or Thors Mjolnir

This next feat shows just how durable he is as during this he is dying and extremely weakened by God cancer and re-entering the universe after secret wars

Takes on entire imperial guard while extremely weak and dying.

if you want more info or context on this feat let me know and I'll provide in in the next post

Tanks point blank the full force of The Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

Tanks a blast from star busting Drax to the chest and no sells it

No Caption Provided

Hax

This section will deal with the many Hax abilities that Thanos has. Contrary to what many people believe, Thanos actually has quite a lot of hax but he rarely uses them. He still has them so they should not be discounted in this battle especially when these two will be fighting to the best of their abilities

I won't be adding in scans for the had until the next post where ill be going more in depth with them

• Telepathy - We all know how potent his telepathy is, especially against foes with little or no counters
  • Telekinesis - is able to telekineticlly stop the fallen one from blitzing a known faster than light speedster
  • Energy transference /healing - Can transfer and heal using energy and also drain energy
  • Time mind sync warp - Has a form of mental reality warping that defeated Classic Drax
  • Spell casting - Can cast spells like he did against Deadpool
  • Magical resistance - Outright no sold and walked right through an extremely strong binding spell by Dr Strange
  • Astral and spiritral plane projection - Can enter and fight on the spiritual and astral planes, something Midora has no answer to or even perceive
  • Matter and Molecular manipulation - Can turn enimies to stone and materialise objects
  • Reality warping resistance - Has many reality warping resistance feats other then the one in the Nexus of reality such as tanking a Reality storm created by the reality gem
  • Summoning - Can summon the army of the dead to fight for him

Counters

Toriko planet counters

Before we get started

Most people know this by now, but its too important to skim over, so here's a short section on it.

The Toriko planet is wayyy bigger than regular earth, making a lot of feats orders of magnitude more impressive than what they seem at first glance. To put in perspective, one of the Toriko planet's continents is enough to contain the entirety of regular earth.

This is true but, be careful in comparing a world to a continent due to size as our earth would have a much larger volume and surface area when compared in size to a flat continent in Toriko earth

Here's a handy infogram for quick comparison.

Honestly the difference in size compared to regular Earth will not matter that much considering that Thanos is way beyond a planet buster and has beyond star durability

This is a fact known by most users, even people who have not read Toriko.

I know that aswell

What is a lot less known and rarely brought up even by people who have read the manga, is the unique properties of the Toriko planet's crust.

According to Coco, the Toriko planet's crust is made of some kind of alien material, which absorbs "every kind of energy in the world" and expands continuously. This is also the source of Gourmet Cells and all taste in the world.

The first takeaway here is the fact that the Toriko planet's crust is made of a material which can absorb any kind of energy and expand, similar to vibranium in Marvel comics for instance, which naturally makes it a lot harder to do any kind of damage to the Toriko planet.

Any energy in the Toriko-verse sure but Any energy in any verse, you will have a hard time proving that. That doesn't mean its like Vibranium at all, firstly it's a metal which will have different properties then a planets crust and secondly loads of materials absorb energy and are not as durable as metal, rubber for example is great at absorbing energy but you could break it apart pretty easily.

But far more interesting is the fact that this also makes the Toriko planet a lot, lot denser than a normal planet of its size. It's stated on panel that the explosion of the Toriko planet would easily dwarf a supernova. You can gauge how densely bound the planet itself has to be for this to be true.

Now this part is a bit weird as the density of a planet is not just determined by the crust, its called crust because its literally the outer part, ergo a crust its the inner parts that make it dense along with gravity.

Also it's just stated, how does that person know? The Toriko planet never actually gets destroyed so we have yet to see this explosion, so while it was stated, I will have to see more supporting evidence to be convinced that it would be a supernova explosion.

Hold onto this, it will be relevant in a moment.

Now without further ado, let's get to the good stuff, the feats.

Let's do this

Midora's busting tier

It's been stated twice, on panel by two very reliable and powerful characters (one is Joie, Acacia the big bad's right hand man, the other is Toriko himself) that Midora is strong enough to destroy the earth, the Toriko earth that is.

1) Joie 2)Toriko

Statements are good but need extra proof, being powerful doesn't automatically make you reliable

But rest assured, Midora is not just empty talk, he actually has the feats to back it up.

Here he casually one shots Acacia's Gourmet Hand, which is basically a gigantic energy construct dwarfing even the Toriko planet itself. What's even more impressive that this Gourmet Hand was about to crush the planet, making its durability Supernova lvl+.

Ok I have a feeling this along with the Supernova planet explosion will be the cornerstone of your argument, and that subsequent feats will be scaled from.

So according to hype, statements and presumptions, you think that an energy construct has to have Supernova + durability to crush a planet that's just stated to explode with a force of a supernova? The fact is that is wasn't crushed and why even if it was would it make its durability Supernova?

Secondly what's even more confusing then thinking that an energy construct is equal to a large planet is that you assume that the said construct has Supernova level durability due to the fact that it 'was about' to apparently crust the Earth. You think this because supposedly the earth would explode in an explosion that would draw a supernova correct? Well one huge flaw is that how on earth would you know that the hand would have tanked that explosion?

You wouldn't, but you are presuming that it would and thus because the attack from Midora partially destroyed it that he must be Supernova level durability

In other words, Midora is comfortably at least large star lvl+in dc.

That's pretty horrific and baseless logic, that's the only evidence that you have that he is star level, it's flimsy at best, hopefully you have some better evidence.

See above as to why that's incorrect

Counters to Physicals and Hax

Strength counters

Large planet lvl+, Midora would destroy multiple planets just as a side effect of his attacks.

What? 'Would' destroy? You mean because of the size of the explosions relative to the size of Toriko earth are as large as some planets that he 'would have destroyed multiple planets' that is one huge presumption.

The explosions covered a degree of the surface, the size in this instance isn't all that relevant, there's no evidence to suggest that it would have destroyed a celestial objects mass completely, a surface explosion across the whole planet wouldnt have achieved this.

For comparison the mentor that caused the Dinosaurs extinction caused a whole planet wide surface explosion and yet we are here today.

It's an impressive feat no doubt but to assume and extrapolate from that that he's multi planet and large planet level doesnt make sense as it cannot be quantified.

1) Midora's stump matches Acacia and causes a massive explosion.

Pretty big explosion for sure, but we in not way know if that 'would' have been planet level

2) A single smack from Midora sends Acacia across continents, causing explosions visible from space along the way.

Nice, but these will not be anything significant to Thanos, he has survived much worse

3) More planet lvl striking.

I like these kind of feats as it visually represents the scale of damage and wish more would feature in comics, but again this is just superficial damage most of the explosion went off into space. Its potentially planet level but unconfirmed as its similar to an asteroid, but they don't literally destroy the planet.

But I do recognise that this is actually a bigger planet then Earth

But what makes these feats all the more impressive is who he is doing this to, Acacia.

This is important in light of what we know about Acacia.

Ok I'm listening

A fragment of Acacia's flesh has an amount of resistance equivalent to the rotation of a large planet, to the extent that not even Jirou himself could apply Knocking on it.

This is no mere hyperbole, because we know that Jirou can indeed stop the rotation of the Toriko planet.

Now that was only a fragment of Acacia, and the Acacia that Midora smacks around and harms with his hits was the final fused form of Neo and Acacia, dwarfing both Neo and unmerged Acacia individually in power.

So a fragment of a weaker Acacia exerts enough force to stop a planets rotation?

That does of course sound impressive, Thanos has indeed got a similar and arguably better feat

I'll explain

This was during his fight against ego the living planet, I'm sure you are aware that Ego is a pretty big planet, not only that but he is capable of faster then light travel Thanks to the Galactus engine, this is an interstellar engine capable of propelling an entire planet at light speed. Now after a prolonged physical fight with said planet Thanos was forced into the planets core where he withstood the extreme temperatures and emerged with the Engine

No Caption Provided

Now that's a good strength feat of its own but its what he does next that's impressive, Thanos fires the engine at Ego see below

No Caption Provided

Why is this impressive? Well when he blasts Ego he has to resist and withstand the entire thrust and kickback of an engine specifically designed to propel planets across space at light speed , the force to do that is massively more then the force required to stop the rotation.

This puts his strength at above planetary, stopping the force required to move a planet would ensure this but the fact that the engine can propel faster then light essentially means that he is capable of stopping a planet that goes at light speed

Now these are all pretty impressive feats if We are talking about herald levels but we are not are we, this is Thanos, a few apparently multi planet level attacks won't be doing much, he has tanked far far more then that.

Speed counters

Midora has massively FTL combat and reaction speed.

I don't doubt he is FLT but MFTL really?

First I will post Midora's most well known speed feat, the time when he counter blitzed Joie 8 times in the span of 0.01 seconds.

Ok..... You know that's not even close to 0.01% the speed of light?

But I'll listen to why it's impressive

To understand why this is so impressive, let me walk you step by step through what exactly happens here:

Midora sees Joie for the first time.

Midora is apparently emotionally shocked, since Joie's visage resembles that of Froese, Midora's adoptive mother who has been dead for centuries (there's a complicated backstory involved here which is not at all relevant to this debate).

Sure

Joie was actually counting on this distraction, and uses the opportunity to try and blitz Midora.

This means that he saw through the distraction and reacted

After 0.01 seconds, not only is Midora completely unharmed from Joie's own blitz, but he himself has managed to counter blitz and kill Joie 8 times in this interval (Joie survives due to life orbs, which can take damage in a person's place). Midora has done this so fast that Joie has not even perceived him attacking. This proves that Midora is on a whole different tier of speed compared to Joie.

All this shows is that Midora is more durable then Joie and that he is really fast , attacking 8 times 0.01 seconds isn't even close to half light speed so I fail to see how this is as impressive as you say.

Lastly, as Midora himself says, he "took his time to launch a counter attack", meaning this is probably not even his full capability.

Makes sense, that probably wasn't his full speed

Now, that you somewhat get the full context of the feat, let's see how fast Joie himself is:

He was able to react at close range to Dragon King Derous' extra dimensional laser, which reached a different star system in seconds, making it comfortably FTL.

1) The laser reaches a different star system in seconds at most.

There is no mention of it reaching a different star system at all, it zooms past a few planets that look like they are in the same system, sure reacting to a laser is a fairly constant and reliable Light speed reaction

2) Joie reacts to the laser and launches an attack of his own to try and intercept it, putting Joie's pwn combat speed at FTL.

You said 'try' meaning he didn't successfully intercept the laser meaning he would be below FTL in that instance anyway

Another feat to seal the deal:

Jumps upto space in an instant, blitzes Acacia and sends him crashing down to earth

In the scan you showed he jumps to space pretty quickly, Thanos has a similar feat that I'll bring out if needed.

I cannot see any evidence of a 'blitz' he just punches him once, Joie could well be fast but no use if he doesnt move or reacts to the attack

Acacia himself is leagues above Joie (who as I have shown is FTL) and has several clear cut FTL reaction/combat feats of his own, making this a FTL-MFTL feat for Midora.

All in all sure he's FTL but I see no evidence at all that he is MFTL, there is a huge jump between faster then light and massively faster then light. It's not just a case of a bit faster but multiple times faster then light

Durability counters

Some miscellaneous showings:

1) Gets squashed by Acacia's planetary sized hand construct with no permanent damage.

DC feats for the Hand construct besides just being planet sized?

2) Tanks multiple explosions from Joie. Considering the size of the Toriko planet, these are at least small planet sized explosions.

Again the size of the explosions on the surface doesnt translate In to it being able to destroy a whole planet including the center, it would possibly cover it but no reason so suggest that its planetary

3) Is only lightly cut by Joie's slices which are peeling through the Toriko planet like an onion.

So he was hurt by an attack that wasn't even planetary?

But Midora actually doesn't have to tank a lot, because of his hax defenses.

He just might have to if Thanos get in the first hit, presuming Midora doesn't blitz

Hax counters

The reason why Midora is so dangerous is not because of his stats or dc (though even that would put him at teambuster tier), but because of his hax, which is considerable.

I agree his hax are really dangerous, but why would he be a teambuster? A team like The Annihilators would most likely stomp him.

Let's look at it.

Lets

Hungry Attacks

This is his signature technique. Midora's tongue consumes everything in its path to the last atom, leaving behind a total vacum.

Proof that it has the ability to consume a being on the level of Thanos given his durability?

The whole hax bypasses durability argument will not cut it I'm afraid, there needs to be some workable reasoning

Why would a tongue work where a massive black hole didn't? Also any feats of the ability working on someone that's imbued with the power cosmic?

It doesn't end there, this vacum then becomes a death trap, destroying anything that crosses it at the atomic level.

Again if a black hole couldn't obliterate Thanos then I don't see how this Hungry space will be able to destroy him. Sounds like a NLF to me.

You may say, that the black hole is nothing like Hungry space, sure but it's environment is way way harsher then Midora's attack, its clearly not as powerful as the black hole otherwise he would be black hole level and don't even try to argue for that lol

Description of the ability

And Midora can also extend his tongue massively to planetary size, and make multiple tongues, making this a formidable ability indeed, in both potency and scale.

A planet sized tongue, great but being planetary in size doesn't mean its planetary in potency.

Whats stopping Thanos from ripping it out of his mouth? Or blasting it to pieces?

Minority World

Midora's most potent hax, this is basically a matter cum probability manipulation technique that makes any system of atoms follow the "minority"'s behavior.

The idea here is that in any system of atoms, statistically speaking, a miniscule percentage would be behaving contrary to the overall system. For instance, a small percentage of atoms in our body can ignore gravity and levitate, but because the overwhelming majority is bound by gravity, the system as a whole obeys the laws of gravity as well.

Yeah in the Toriko verse, the square root law is a real life concept but there's no proof that it would apply to the Marvel verse and that it would affect Thanos, he is an Eternal and they have almost complete control over his body and atoms, him being the most powerful Eternal further solidifies his ability,. He doesn't use it much because he doesn't need to or even had to.

Minority World effectively makes it so that the behavior of this tiny minority starts governing that of the system, leading to exotic outcomes.

Your presuming that Thanos even has this tiny percentage that go against the majority of his Cells?

Let's see some examples of what this means in practice.

It can make your attacks never miss, even against MFTL opponents:

Never miss? So effectively a NLF. Where was it stated or shown that this is the case?

Ichiryu hits Midora with a barrage of attacks without even aiming.

DC of those attacks? Don't see these even scratching his shield. Is that what you mean by never miss? That doesn't nesseseraly mean they can't miss, that just shows that he has control of his attacks

Conversely, it can make your opponents' attacks miss:

If it can actually affect your opponent from a different verse with completely different laws, one with the power cosmic at that

But let's say it does affect him, how will it stop an AOE attack from Thanos?

Ichiryu dodges Midora's machine gun tongue while barely moving. Minority World is also not limited to living things either,it affects the ground and changes its texture.

Yeah so basically it's matter manipulation or low level reality warping

It interferes with your bodily processes and drives you to death (heart starts pumping blood backwards, lungs stop absorbing oxygen, etc).

Sounds nasty, but I'm sure Thanos has enough sheer strength of will to push through, just like he did during his journey to the Nexus of reality where multiple realities exerted their influence on him and he tanked it, things like being turned to glass, melting and being pulled apart amongst others.

The great thing about Minority World is that it can be used defensively as well. It can be used to heal damage and Midora has actually returned from the verge of death using its power.

Nice, in reality this is probably what he will use it for the most. Thanos can also do this, but I dont need to showcase this yet.

It can also be turned on or off voluntarily.

Great this actually works in my favour, you will see why a bit later

The previous scans by the way also show Midora's high resistance to matter manipulation. Previously he was struggling against Minority World but the moment he copied the technique he was able to resist Ichiryu affecting him.

So you admit that minority World is a form of matter manipulation? This is a nice revelation as Thanos has high resistance to reality warping which as you know is a higher form of matter manipulation, and don't worry this won't just be the famous nexus of reality scan, I have some more to show in later posts.

Midora's own version of Minority World is even more potent than Ichiryu's, who was the original wielder of the ability.

Why would the original wielder matter,? If he was the only one how do you know that he was potent if no one else was there to compare to Ichiryu?

It can be used to not just make attacks miss, but reverse them outright.

So you are presuming that Midora will be able to reverse Thanos' attacks

Reflects Acacia's Gourmet Punch back at him (this is easily a MFTL large planetary attack).

Lol why is this a MFTL large planetary attack? What planet did he destroy? I could see it being FTL but what makes this massively faster then that?

And finally, it can atomize characters.

Kool, this is something that Thanos can do aswell, he did it to Drax during The Thanos imperative

No Caption Provided

In summary,these are the benefits Minority World provides:

Can be used to make your opponent's attacks miss.

Can be used to make your own attacks land with near 100% accuracy.

Environmental manipulation.

Reverses the body's physiological functions.

Can be used to heal himself and his team members.

Can be used to reverse attacks.

Atomic disintegration.

In summary, these will be useless if it cannot get past shields. Making attacks must have a limit otherwise its a NLF. same with the accuracy of your own attacks, the next two are basically local low level reality warping nothing that Thanos hasn't seen before.

What team members? Also Thanos has his shields, I haven't gone over them much in this post but I will do next post, he has survived disintigrating and similar attacks

Gourmet Luck

Another very potent probability manipulation technique. Think Domino on billions of steroids.

Luck and probability manipulation will only get you so far when your facing a foe who is so far above you

Causes a planetary AoE attack to miss.

I need more context behind this, why do you say its a planetary AOE what planets did it destroy

Midora is able to escapes being atomically sealed in a different dimension after copying Gourmet Luck.

Hmm ok so I guess bfr is off the table lol

And even in the hands of a far less powerful and capable user, Joie, Gourmet Luck was able to revive him instantly after he was atomized by Midora's Minority World.

Which means characters with high regen ability could survive Minority World

As you can see, Gourmet Luck makes Midora near impossible to damage.

This is a trait that you will find out about Thanos aswell.

The only drawback is it can run out, and needs to "recharge" so to speak.

Yes that is quite a drawback, one which could possibly make it susceptible to being drained?

Regeneration

Midora heals near instantly from lethal wounds, in fact even far far weaker Toriko characters have insane regeneration.

1) Instantly regenerates his arm getting sliced to pieces.

Piccolo can do this, but you wouldn't argue that he could take Thanos

2) Heals back from a carnivorous fungi which was constantly decomposing his body.

Interesting, how long did this take?

Mirror Neurons and Camouflage

Midora's Gourmet cells have two unique abilities:

Camouflage

Midora can blend perfectly with his surroundings and appear invisible for all practical purposes.

But I doubt he will be invisible to Thanos' cosmic senses

Disappears right in front of Ichiryyu (a pretty powerful guy himself), then easily sneaks up on and one shots him.

Power doesn't have anything to do with this, what this shows is that Ichiryu doesn't have good enough senses to detect Midora.

Destroys Acacia's planet wiping attack and appears out of nowhere right in front of him.

Because he is fast

Honestly, not too big a game changer, just putting it out there.

Ok kool, not sure how would help but ok

The next thing though, might be really handy.

Power Mimicry

Midora's neurons are so sophisticated that he can copy most abilities and techniques and wield them to great effect (most often even better than its previous users) fairly quickly.

This can be useful, but what are the limitations and has he ever failed to copy an ability? Can he copy other forms of abilities that require quite cosmic powers to work

Perfectly copies Ichiryyu's Minority World over the course of their fight, to the extent that its superior to Ichiryyu's own use of the ability (he can't affect Midora once he copies it).

How powerful was Ichiryyu? Is there anyon of lse to compare the use of the ability to? As how do we measure how impressive it is

Minority World at that time was an ability unique to Ichiryyu, one of the strongest men in the world.

As I said there's no comparison for the power or ability

But even more insane is his copying of Gourmet Luck, which is basically high level probability manipulation/reality warping.

Kool so again you admit that part of Midora's powers are matter /reality manipulation? This is something that Thanos has a great deal of resistance to

This is particularly impressive because Gourmet Luck is actually powered by Gourmet Energy, which was present billions of years ago at the creation of the universe and are directly descended from the creator Gods of the verse.

In that respect, it is similar to the Power Cosmic in Marvel, an universal source of power present during the Big Bang and linked to the creator deities.

Perhaps superficially as Gourmet energy doesn't function anything like the Power Cosmic, also Power Cosmic isn't linked to the gods as such its ambient universal energy.

As befitting its power, it is exceedingly rare, even in the Toriko verse and has been used actively in combat by exactly one person (Joa) outside Midora himself. Speaking of Joa, that guy was stated to have vast reserves of Food Luck and could practically spam it, yet once Midora copied the ability, he beat Joa at his own game and handed him a crushing defeat.

This statement highlights how hard it is to classify as there is literally only one other to compare it against in the entire verse. The problem with this is that your just going to assume it will work on a much higher tier character, even though you only have the proficiency of two people to go by.

Essentially, Midora perfectly copied an extremely broken ability which is powered by an universal and primal source of energy and beat its original wielder at their own game.

Sure that sounds impressive but it requires context, how powerful is the original wielder does he have a counter against getting his abilities copied? And what relevance does the fact that its powered by a primal energy source have to your case?

Rebuttal of the 'Counters to the Telepathy issue' section

I honestly think telepathy is Thanos' best and arguably only chance. While I do believe that Thanos just might be able to TP Midora, I don't think it would be easy at all, because of the involuntary bloodlust that Toriko top tiers have.

That's a reasonable assessment but the part about the bloodlust doesn't really hold true as I think it would be a lot easier they you think due to who he has gone up against with telepathy and who he has beat.

While it's generally true that the more bloodlust the person the harder it is to TP, it wouldn't nesseseraly be true of some one that has never exhibited any TP defence especially against some one of Thanos' level, there is no evidence what's ever that the 'involuntary bloodlust' wouldn't prevent his mind from being attacked.

Intimidation is essentially a character's blooslust that manifests in a somewhat telepathic manner.

It is nothing like telepathy and to say so would be attributing false capabilities to it, its more like haki in One Piece, which also is completely seperate from telepathy.

For example, here's what Bambina, one of the 8 King's bloodlust does in a split second.

Furthermore, the killing intent of Bambina also manifests itself in a pseudo-telepathic way.

Pseudo? So not really anything like actual telepathy then.

Intimidation in Toriko is a form of telepathy which can be used to scare off weaker foes or instill in them a deep sense fear and death which leaves them helpless.

You need to be clearer, first you said 'somewhat' in reference to it being telepathy then you said 'pseudo' which actually means it superficially appears to be one thing but in reality is something else entirely.

You have also destroyed your own argument here, you said 'weaker foes' something Thanos is not.

On the subject of 'Fear' Thanos once fought a Hulked up Cosmic control Rod Amped Annihilus who was projecting fear and terror , so much so that it was causing The Hulk to be scared, and while facing Thanos he was completely unaffected by it.

Human World, which only covers 30% of the Toriko planet's surface, has a population of 32 billion, the Four Beast was a such a great threat to the human race, the government evacuated everyone. It had a capture level of only 350 and in the Gourmet World, Toriko's normal Intimidation causes capture level 500-600 Beasts to flee. However when Bambina got angry for less than a second-the 4HK's lives flashed before their eyes and they were momentarily paralyzed with fear.

I fail to see how this translates to any kind of telepathy? What's the beast telepathy resistance feats, need a comparison.

(From Leo-343's Bambina RT).

Bambina's killing intent also was felt around the world and drove the entire world population into a panic, putting it at large planetary lvl.

Lol really? Your actually trying to equate this to large planet level telepathy? As I have said before, this is NOT conventional telepathy at all or any kind of telepathy, and is NOT psionic based so will not offer any defence to telepathic attack, it has more in common with conquerors Haki from One Piece then psionic abilities

Midora would fodderize Bambina, and in Toriko Intimidation scales with overall power, so it stands to reason that Midora's own Intimidation would be well above large planetary.

Ok intimidation aura is not the same as telepathy. Even if it was Thanos has already dealt with Moondragon effortlessly, and she is planetary level in true telepathy.

This is where your trying to power scale like people do with Dragon ball, it's doesn't always work, without proof that higher power means intimidation is higher all it is so far is presumptions.

There may be a correlation but it's by no means a fool proof method of scaling power.

This would at least make it somewhat challenging for Thanos to just TP him, especially with all else that will be thrown at him. In fact Midora's Initimidation should be powerful enough to cause Thanos troubles on its own.

No I really don't think it will be a problem, it's not the same as Telepathy and don't see how given the difference in levels that it will have any effect on Thanos or hinder him.

The second thing I want to point out is that Midora obviously operates at a far far higher tier of speed than anyone Thanos has ever TP'd. It's well known that very fast thought processing speed is a natural counter against telepathy (think Flash).

He is fast but no, Midora is not Flash and if that Concept of the faster you are the harder it is to TP hasn't been explored or stated in Toriko then unfortunately its not usable in this debate on your side, as its just speculation at best.

Ok let's say it does work that way, Thanos has successfully TP'd Spectrum who was blitzing him at light speed

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And lastly, Thanos rarely starts with TP in character,in fact most of his best feats in this regard are in defensive TP. There are not many instances of him proactively starting a fight with TP.

This part is just wrong, there are many instances of starting with TP and also using it offensively. There are enough for it to be a viable option

Such as this one

No Caption Provided

Here he mesmerized a bloodlust Drax who was charging at him, let's not forget that most of the time while in the vicinity of Thanos Drax has an uncontrollable lust to kill Thanos

All in all, Thanos might be able to TP Midora with some effort and time if he focused on that only, but I believe that Midora's own defenses in this regard, combined with everything else that Thanos would be dealing with, should be enough to make the possibility of Thanos taking this by TP very slight indeed.

I do agree that Thanos can use telepathy but I don't think the psionic side of things will be the least bit challenging, all he needs is one opportunity, and as I'm sure you are aware that Thanos is very good at multitasking so it's not a stretch to see Thanos handling multiple attacks and defences at once.

No Caption Provided

Whew, finally over. That was a lot for an opener, but it had to be done because Midora has a lot of powers and I believe you don't know much about him.

True I'm no expert on Midora, so I appreciate the effort and time you spent on this first post

Initial Thoughts counters

So first of all, I think we can both agree on a few things.

Thanos has never fought someone whose consistent combat speed is remotely on Midora's level.

Key word here is consistent, obviously Surfer is FTL but rarely uses it, which isn't to say that reacting to him isn't impressive, but doesn't always tell a true story. Many of Thanos' opponents are light speed but one stands out, Thane with the Pheionix force, he is undoubtedly a light speeder and pretty consistent due to lack of appearances.

Nor has he ever fought someone whose casual striking is in the large planetary ballpark.

Again I bring up Phoenix Thane he was casually destroying planets. Could even include classic Drax who is a legit star buster

He hasn't ever faced anyone with the kind of hax and versatility that Midora has, and who also actually uses said hax ("cough" Surfer "cough").

This may be true, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't faced tremendous hax before, such as time loops, reality warping, telepathy and cellular attacks

Midora also lacks any morals and is far more brutal than most of Thanos' opponents.

This is somewhat debatable, are you forgetting Power gemmed Champion and Insane PG Thor, pretty sure they didn't have any morals, or maybe even Tyrant, although I dint need to bring him up now

So having said all that, I don't want to lay out an explicit strategy yet before your opener, but here are a few tentative advantages I believe Midora has:

Midora outstats Thanos. Almost laughably in speed, and probably a little in strength as well, going by consistent showings.

I completely disagree with this statwise Midora is at best star level in physicals, he will need a few tiers above that to beat the Titan on his best day.

But I do agree he is faster then the Titan but probably not as much as you think.

Midora may be a little more consistent BUT don't forget that Thanos has had over 40 years of appearances and had multiple writers, many of whom have no idea how to write him, so with that in mind I'd say Thanos is pretty consistent with what's going on

At first glance, I don't see any way for Thanos to get past Midora's defensive hax barring telepathy.

Yes telepathy is certainly an issue for Midora and you defensive argument doesn't really protect him

If the fight drags on, it gives time for the Mirror Neurons to come into play, copying Thanos' abilities.

What proof is there that Thanos can even be copied? He doesn't even possess Gourmet cells

If I know anything about Thanos, it's that he is almost guaranteed to start a random encounter like this by just standing around and blasting, which simply won't cut it against someone like Midora. This is a guy who is loaded with hax and actually knows how to use it. By the time Thanos realizes he can't just blast and tank his way through this, it is probably too late.

While it is certainly true that he does start fights with blasts, this is not always the case, he has started plenty with Telepathy, his shields, either dodging or avoiding or literally only blasting to shock or get a feel of his opponent. He also on occasion allows his enemy to make the first move.

Midora is definitely loaded with a great amount of hax that he does consistently use, but as you will see in my next post Thanos actually has his own - if rarely used - hax that will cause a lot of problems on their own.

How Thanos can win / How the fight will go

This is where I will outline a quick strategy, but like you I will not reveal too much until later posts.

I do recognise Midora's impressive array of hax and versatility but I do not feel that this will be enough for him.

The fight will start with Midora attempting to use hungry tongue on Thanos an attack that he will laugh at while it tried to get through his shield , at this point Midora will realise that his tounge is being dissolved by the shield.

While this is happening Thanos will teleport in the middle of the fight like he did against Annihilus.

Midora is sure to realise this and launch a counter attack, this time its a physical blitz that surprises Thanos but ultimately doesnt even scratch him. He proceeds to physically manhandle Midora as well as blasting him, from which Midora Heals from, this is repeated while Midora trys Minority World on Thanos who is stopped from attacking as he is fighting his own body to stop it doing what he doesn't want it to do. This causes Thanos to let out an almighty AOE that ceases the process of Minority World

He realises that conventional attacks will not work quickly so he mentally lobotises him with enough psionic energy to claim him as his herald.

In short I believe that Thanos' durability and had resistance will be enough to allow him to telepathically beat him

That was longer then I was Intending to write lol, but it's ok

Summary

Finally we are on to the last part this will be a quick summary of the advantages that I think Thanos has over Midora

• Strength - I was pretty amazed by your estimation and explanation of Midora's strength level. His output you say at the maximum is star level, even is this was true and I'm very dubious about that, this is nowhere near the physicals needed to beat Thanos. Classic Drax was a confirmed star buster and Thanos mops the floor with him on a regular basis, same goes for Silver Surfer, point for Thanos
  • Energy Projection - You didn't really show any attacks in this category, while Thanos is extremely proficient in this area, so by default, point to Thanos
  • Speed- Thanos is no slouch but no question that Midora is far faster which doesn't mean It won't be fairer then you think, point to Midora
  • Durability - This is a landslide in favour of Thanos as I will outline in my next posts Thanos is beyond star-solar system level in durability, iirc Midora and the Toriko verse caps at large planet level in terms of durability, point for Thanos
  • Hax- This goes to Midora as he is much more consistent in his use of hax but Thanos does also have considerable hax that he rarely uses, point to Midora

Overall I dont think Midora has the Physicals to contend in the first place to be able to use his hax to the fullest. Even if he does I think Thanos will have an answer to most of his attacks, somthing i will prove in later posts

I look forward to your next post and how you will counter my opener

I will not be denied !! - Thanos

No Caption Provided

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Thanos post of the THANOS VS MIDORA CAV

OK guys here is the final edited version of my first post, have a read through, and let me know what you think bu without saying who you think wins, will save that till voting

It's up, all edited @shirso:

@doofasa: @vsw: @ready_4_madness: @blackpantherisb: @u_wot_m8: @aqualion0: @cergic: @hittheassasin: @andromeda101: @thatoneguy887: @phillip33: @ljayg: @ready_4_madness: @au_141: @mega6382: @theserbianempire: @rac95: @laughingbatman: @gaoron: @frombeyond: @cdiddyman911: @faradaysloth: @supermanthor: @biswaboxz: @battle123axe: @mar-vell92: @kevd4wg: @cosmic_reign:

THANOS DISCUSSION CALLOUTS

@lubub55@foxerdes: @solomonthenotsowise: @youngkaiser: @depinhom: @thor_parker82: @darth_nimrod: @acrokat: @full123: @jumpstart55: @sigmazone@revan2424@heirtothekingdom@battle123axe@cdiddyman911@unbreakable_fs4@morpheus_@brucerogers@lord-parallax@captain_batman_ftw@caped_baldy@joewell911: @kingcrimson: @asgardianbrony: @thedailybagel: @jucaslucasa: @giliad_: @calvinrod: @ordinaryalan: @monarch_chronicle:@llehdevil@valzaan@major_hellstorm@lukehero@sly_141@themultiversity@life_without_progress@dondave@killemall@hellionvulcan@cheesesticks@nighthunder@homicidalmaniac@king_stranglehold_da_first@serrure@thor_parker82@hulkage@comicdude360@misterwhisper@notatreeabush@emperorthanos@agentsandman@ouroborik@bullettimer@cosmic_reign@darth_wayne@jaycool2@cull_obsidian@battle123axe@onepieceverse@cull_obsidian@the_titan_lord: @jaycool2: @earthsmightiest: @brucerogers: @spambot:@morpheus_: @heirtothekingdom: @lord_spectrum: @cosmic_reign: @del_torro: @phillip33:@emperorthanos: @krleavenger:@apex_pretador:@causeimbatman:@mar-vell92:@celticbhoy: @thordinson:@kevd4wg: @au_141:@king_stranglehold_da_first: @supermanthor@blessedbyhorus:

@dondave@New_World_Order@serrure@norrinboltagonprime21@unbreakable_fs4@darrellacoustic@wolverine08@jayc1324@cosmicallyaware1@patrat18@cable_extreme@14nc3@thitiki@king_stranglehold_da_first@sophia89@lowlaville@godtriggerhulk@ssj_god@thedailybagel@oceanmaster21@thor_parker82@apocalypse3@hulkage@comicdude360@jackjack390@cgoodness@spiderman1997@nighthunder@lvenger@citizensentry@jrupert1@darth_wayne@onepieceverse@asgardianbrony@jaycool2@newworldorder@jay_z94

Thanos:

@dondave@killemall@hellionvulcan@cheesesticks@nighthunder@homicidalmaniac@king_stranglehold_da_first@serrure@thor_parker82@hulkage@comicdude360@misterwhisper@notatreeabush@emperorthanos@agentsandman@ouroborik@bullettimer@cosmic_reign@darth_wayne@jaycool2@cull_obsidian@battle123axe@onepieceverse@cull_obsidian

Let me know if you don't want to be tagged on this

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for madscientist224
Madscientist224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madscientist224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madscientist224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LJayG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ljayg: , Its been very long, but finally it's up lol, thanks man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Post . I will check it out more vividly later .

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks fine for opener.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing the exact same mistakes that were made in the other CaV so far, on the same magnitude as well. Oh well.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Starlin Thanos or Hickman's Thanos?

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: It's both, base non amped Thanos

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@hittheassasin: I respect your opinion, and look forward to hearing your view more in depth on this one and the Jiren CAV when voting,

Hopefully we can CAV each other some time, maybe new Broly vs Thanos ;)

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

nice

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Appreciate the tag, keep it coming. Good start, overall. You did good regarding the seperate quotes and questions.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: How's your Xmas been so far? No rush on the post btw

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woh yeah tag me when finish this looks interesting

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: how long it will take to finish really looking forward to this

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Definitely will do, we both done our openers, just waiting for @shirso: to do their second post

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Getting along. Bit busy right now with Uni stuff and all.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaltySultan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers