CaV: Superman (TheGhostKnight) vs. Thor and Loki (AsgardianBrony) - (TGK WON)

• 134 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I gotta see this. T4V.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah!! TFV please!

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V!

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheGhostKnight

KAL-EL: LAST SON OF KRYPTON AND BANE OF THE HOUSE OF ODIN

INTRODUCTION

Superman needs no introduction so naturally I shall be copy-pasting providing one

Superman (AKA Clark Kent or Kal-El) is a powerful alien from the long dead planet of Krypton. Born to the brilliant scientist Jor-El and the military tactician, Lara Lor-Van, Kal-El was sent to the Planet Earth to be saved from his planet's imminent destruction. He grew up with his adopted parents, Johnathan and Martha Kent, in Smallville, Kansas where he eventually learned how to control his powers.

Eventually Clark moved to Metropolis, where he started off his early years overthrowing mobs with his journalism and fighting off thugs as Superman. Eventually, Metropolis was attacked by Brainiac, where he eventually became recognized as the powerful savior of the city that he is. After helping to fight off Darkseid's armies, he is known as one of the big founding members of the Justice League and continues to fight to save lives to this day.

Pictured here with his dog after an encounter with some crazy old man who came lunging at him screaming
Pictured here with his dog after an encounter with some crazy old man who came lunging at him screaming "my sons are deeead"

POWERS

• SUPER STRENGTH

A)LIFTING/PUSHING

Superman is very strong, more so than just about any other class 100

Why this is more impressive than it looks- He had a single drop of sweat to show for it , speculated to be only because he was away from the sun,his power source for days. So basically he can move around the earth like a barbell, when not even at peak condition, near effortlessly.

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Well for one thing Braniac's ship was big . For another it was falling towards the planet at 36,000 mph

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Well it....isn't. At least compared to the other two, Warworld was still big enough to disrupt the earth's surface just due to it's size (and obviously gravity), which makes sense given it was roughly the size of the moon, but nearer. This is just further proof of Superman treating earth sized and smaller objects like it's no biggie

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Not even slowing down through the mass of the moon, when facing someone noted to be stronger than him. Heh, again not quite as impressive but helps support his strength level

B) STRIKING POWER

Superman's striking power is at least as good, and arguably better than Thor with Mjolnir

Why this is more impressive than it looks- The punches could be felt from the core of the earth to space.....when not even directly striking the planet. This easily matches Thor's best efforts

Why this is more impressive than it looks- It's kinda.....impossible to set the atmosphere alight, requiring at least nuke level temperatures before the atmosphere can cool down and yet Superman was doing just that even after he stopped punching

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Important to note he was explicitly not going for a killing blow there/holding back

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Catches him, then takes him to Venus, miscellaneous speed feats while fighting , doing all this while weakened by Doomsday's death mist (more on that later)

SUMMARY- Superman's strength operates on a scale where earth sized planetary bodies are literally no sweat to him, even under less than peak conditions , thus blowing past 90% of all class 100s, including Thor and his physically weaker brother

• SUPER DURABILITY

Superman can take the duo's best shots and keep ticking

A) RAW DURABILITY

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Did I mention he was poisoned by 3 different types of Kryptonite before this, andafter this? And again , and wrapped in chains of Kryptonite and hurled away and smashed by SuperDoomsday.......why not just die Superman?

Oh and one last thing. This was the explicitly weaker Superman from 5 years ago

Why this is more impressive than it looks- For one thing it was the primary crystal from whence came all other derivatives, hisinvulnerable tissues crushed it nonetheless despite being a tessarect large enough to contain 30 people being broken inside his brain, fought it off long enough to get to the rocket fighting off Drekken. Still 5 years ago Superman

Why this is more impressive than it looks- For one thing, the planet they were on was Krypton, whose core was far hotter than Rao , their sun . For another this whole thing happened while he was steadily getting weaker under the red sun . Oh yeah and his father needed the same suit to protect himself inside the heart again

Why this is more impressive than it looks- What it says on the label. Also Superman was weakened by pseudo Kryptonite shackles

B) MOLECULAR INTEGRITY/TRANSMUTATION RESISTANCE

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Aside from doubling up as a remarkable strength feat considering how Wonder Woman fared against a less evolved form, the Doomsday mist was so powerful, nothing other than Superman could maintain molecular cohesion for more than 10 minutes , Wonder Woman's magic sword was just swallowed up as she was posioned , Steel's hammer shattered , it was a miracle he survived given humans can't last more than 10 seconds with Doomsday , yet Superman not only ripped him in half, he inhaled in most of the mist to save everyone

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Super immune system throws it off

Why this is more impressive than it looks- He was actually "kinda hurt" by his molecules being split in half

C) MAGIC RESISTANCE

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Magog even without his spear in the wonderstar form , thrashed Major Disaster and amped Atomic Skull , who were giving Superman and Diana trouble via distractions and splitting up strategy

Why this is more impressive than it looks- First proof that it was magic . Second, he was only momentarily dazed not even totally blacking out , and lastly this was the kind of power Lexus was packing

SUMMARY- Superman is more than durable enough to take their best hits and keep coming

• OTHER POWERS

A) HEAT VISION

Melts stuff

B) FREEZE BREATH

Freezes stuff

C) FLIGHT

And a bunch of other super powers- super hearing, super vision, super stamina yada yada that are mostly irrelevant, not because they can't hurt Thor and Loki but because the next power, along with super strength , is the only one that really matters here

• SUPERSPEED

Superman is so much faster than Thor and Loki they are literal statues to him

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Quantified as ten years of medical training in 5 minutes . Superman can live out literal years in human minutes. 5 years ago Superman

Why this is more impressive than it looks- I ....really don't need to explain this. 5 years ago Supes

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Even a normal computer's operating speed is measured in nanoseconds , much less a supercomputer and yet Superman lives out literal years in this time period. 5 years ago Clark

Why this is more impressive than it looks- First proof they were near Pluto. Second even accounting for most of that being travel speed, how the heck did he find them so quickly?

Why this is more impressive than it looks- I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that a normal human can't survive more than 10 seconds vs Doomsday, so since the kid is not fried there......Superman basically found DD in less than that time and still had time to think for another 1/50th of a second

Why this is more impressive than it looks- He's also assessed and blitzed in a hundredth of a second

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Superman still intercepts their light attacks among other things , such as grabbing and dragging Batman to space at superspeed

Why this is more impressive than it looks- He does that sort of thing fairly regularly, for example when he gets angry and counts to ten

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Bizarro moon was same size as a normal moon

SUMMARY- Neither Thor nor Loki can react in any state and form to a Superman that will be living literal years in their seconds and to whom they will be statues like Fox Quicksliver using superspeed, except Superman's obviously much much faster. Thus, being strong enough to kill hurt them, Superman will take out both before they even realize the fight has begun

STRATEGY

Superman attacks first before either can react, and freezes Loki as he passes him by, a strategy that should work just fine given he's trapped time travellers in perpetual loops with it and frozen intangible ghosts,then proceeds to lay the blitzin on Thor to KO him, after knocking away his hammer first ,Gladiator style,before coming back to finish the job on Loki (if that's even necessary)

ACE IN THE HOLE

Let's assume for some reason, though I can't think of any, this basic strategy does not work. Let's assume Thor is still conscious and Loki's somehow broken free, even then , unless my esteemed opponent is going to argue Thor and Loki vastly outclass Superman in stats, Superman has a go-to winning trick, when facing opponents as strong as himself or stronger than himself or indeed amped to planet busting levels. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you solar flare.

@asgardianbrony ball is in your court now

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v please

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh please T4V, This is gonna be good

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheGhostKnight

COUNTER ARGUMENT

• OUT OF CONTEXT SCANS

In this section I shall address some of the out of context scans posted by my opponent

1. This is the clincher, this assures my victory. In this scan Thor kills loki, vaporizing his body, yet Loki lives in Astral form and even possesses the body of All-father Odin! Loki's entire body was vaporised, he had no brain, yet his astral form lived on.

What was left out- First things first, this is nonsense. Loki can and has been beaten by brute force alone, several times, for instance the time Sentry/Void literally exploded him despite him having the norn stones. Which would make things like this an outlier, even if it didn't have context, which unfortunately for my opponent , it does

I do wonder why my opponent left out the time travel shenanigans involved and Loki coming to know of his impending death which allowed Loki to explicitly prep for his death , to the point where your very scans note Loki attempting to goad Thor into slaying him, which would have been curtains in a regular scenario without future knowledge/prep , but hey now Loki can gain items of power from Mephisto , and trap the soul of Odin in the shroud to make way for Loki

I mean maybe my opponent thought Loki had future knowledge/prep/ soul shrouds in this battle too but I'm pretty sure we didn't agree to that. It's also interesting to note the time my opponent seems to spend, debating himself

but even if he could it will not matter because my team has not only the second most powerful Aesir but his brother

Clearly Loki is in fact the most powerful of the Aesir , including Odin , given he is apparently straight up indestructible now, and can possess anyone , including and especially Odin if and when the fancy takes him, or at least any time he goes to Odinsleep

So can my opponent make up his own mind here? Is or is not Loki the most powerful of the Aesir? Yes or No?

Unless my opponent is admitting the feat is hokum and inapplicable without explicit future knowledge, prep, a set up where he literally wants someone to kill him, and achieved only via an item of power unavailable to him here.......in which case we can forget this, move on and focus on actually applicable arguments

2. Loki is a master of time manipulation, his temporal powers extend worldwide as shown in this scan,http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiSpells55-TimeFreezeDominationFactor6.jpg .

What was left out- For one thing it is unclear if Loki was even directly responsible for it. For instance your very scan notes Loki needing to step outside to be in the zone of the temporal spell that we are told was caused by the Harbringers of ever lasting winter ( and the same thing to the FF) to the point of Vision noting the statues are imbued with temporal energy, to the point of Loki as Strange needing to draw upon the chronal energies of said Harbringers to send them to the past. Ultimately following marvel time laws, nothing actually changes and the power of the apple, which this was all about, restores reality

Now given Loki was masquerading as Strange it could be that the Harbringers were merely a fiction he spun as part of his greater plan, which begs the question as to why he had to step out of his own temporal spell when he could just override it.

All in all, unless there's a more clear cut feat out there, I'm leery of granting Loki the ability to stop time at will

3. Thor's attacks literally bust planets and moons with their shockwaves. As you can see before the fight began the planet was whole, but after Thor started attacking the planet busted and the shockwaves broke the moon. This far more impressive than any of Supes striking feats, as he has never busted a planet like this, and his shockwaves most definitely not reach out and bust planets moons.

What was left out- This is a strange definition of "busting" anything. First the "moon busting" , although that is obvious from my opponent's scan itself. The other thing here is the use of the term "shattering of worlds" . I'm assuming that meant "shattering the surface of the planet they were on", which is all we see (after a fair while of them hitting each other, narration wise) on panel. "Shatter" could mean anything from "cracked slightly" to "break completely", the latter seems somewhat unlikely given the only quantifiable effect we see on a "world" involves (a small portion of ) the surface of the nearest celestial body (a moon) cracking slightly

If that indeed is the standard meant by "shattering of worlds" according to the writer or "busting" according to my opponent , I see no reason to particularly consider this feat more than it is, especially when neither the planet they are on, or the nearby moon crumble into pieces. Unless my opponent now wants to argue Thor "shattered every world" except the planet they were actually on and it's nearest moon, the actual on panel evidence and on panel proof of the standards of "shattering" according to the writer, show us Thor busted nothing at all, by the common understanding of the term . Here's an example of actual planet + moon "busting". Note the difference

Oh and one last thing, aside from it being a combined feat for Thor and Gorr, it's important to note that they are either very far up in the atmosphere, possibly already in space (as opposed to Superman) or the planet is simply very tiny, either of which explains why the attack was slightly more far reaching, given we can actually see it's curvature

4. Loki is a master of the mind as well. In the above scans he hypnotizes the Silver Surfer who is a high level telepath himself

What was left out- That in fact has nothing whatsoever to do with hypnosis but a straight up spell to block Surfer's hearing . If Loki could actually hypnotize Surfer he would have done so when he overpowered him, first when he was not fighting back , then again (note Surfer has a death wish and isn't resisting anything at all), even when he starts fighting back he can't match Loki's godly force , heck Loki can't even manipulate him till he offers to break Galactus' barrier for him , in fact he explicitly has to askSurfer to relax his mind to even show him a vision and only gets across eventually with a of saving Asgard from Thor and gaining his freedom

It seems like a lot of trouble to go to if he could simply hypnotize him. Especially when that is outright noted to be a hearing loss spell. That aside this is from way back when Surfer could be knocked around by Ben Grimn, used to be listed in SpiderMan's weight class in the handbooks, and before anything remotely close to planetary level mental abilities, the earliest of which would be overpowering the Kree Supreme Intelligence with the soul gem in the late 80s

Clearly my opponent saw fit to ignore all this and altogether forget that Surfer had mental feats little better than "put a few guys to sleep" at that time (and no resistance feats whatsoever iirc) . That or he truly believes issues that show Loki>Surfer or indeed Thor>Loki+ Surfer, are entirely credible without even noting this was a much much weaker Surfer. That or he simply chooses to outright ignore that being a hearing-loss spell

5. Loki has all his powers in Astral form and though weakened is still powerful enough to battle CLASSIC DR STRANGE!

What was left out- First things first, if by Classic Strange you mean "not even Sorcerer Supreme but only Master of Mystic Arts " Strange, you are correct. I mean he didn't even have the Eye of Agamotto at that time, just a magic amulet (which was later replaced by the more powerful, familiar one) .Heck he didn't even have his cloak. Heck we are talking about a dude for whom levitation was a big deal that he was struggling to learn when Loki turned up . And "by battle classic Dr Strange", you mean overpower him when weakened and then turn tail and flee the moment the even more powerful Thor turned up

In those early stories, he gets trounced by Loki, beats Dormammu only because Dormammu puts major handicaps on himself, etc. In the very earliest stories, Mordo is a serious threat to him. After a little while (maybe a few years in the stories considering those early ones may have been every other month), he's beating Mordo empowered by Dormammu

But I'm glad my opponent believes

Thor>Loki> "Classic" Strange

6. Loki can absorb, harness and channel the energies of an entire dimension, Supes Solar flare would be a snack for him.

What was left out- Yes Loki can indeed draw energy from a "dimension" whose dark energies complement his own, the one time. Glad we are now all on board with "Loki's a dimensional/universal scale energy manipulator" , which seems to go along nicely with the Loki> Odin thing that was being pushed earlier. Pity then that he needed the help of .....uhhh Jarvis to carry out his plans . But wait, didn't my opponent just call the Loki vs Surfer and Strange issues totally legit? The ones where Loki was literally scared shitless of Thor after stomping Strange when weakened, and couldn't beat Thor even when he added his own power to Surfer's?

I'm very confused. My opponent has, as a consequence of his arguments and statements, created two paradoxical comparisons-

Loki>Odin>Thor

and

Thor> Loki> Surfer/Strange

Which is it? Well this example seems to go with the former. Sample Loki now creating his own Nefaria to literally make Thor see stars , and now it appears Loki is more powerful than a Kang/Immortus/Rama Tut/Scarlet Centurion combo . I mean of course Loki uses a Dark Matter army of literally every Avengers villain (Oh look! There's a Hyperion!) all the time which must be why he was then overpowered by an adamantium wave that the Avengers literally threw back at him, overpowering his resistance

I mean most of that can be explained by "amped by a specific energy dimension that he had access to, that one time , whose dark energies complement his own and for which he still specifically needed....ehh Jarvis to carry out his plans but which ultimately did not empower him directly but only allowed him to create villains based on Jarvis' memories " , all of which is meaningless here given he won't be having access to a specific energy signature here.

But sure, we can go with "dimension busting Avengers" and "Loki> every other Avenger villain put together" too

• FURTHER CLARIFICATION OF MY OWN ARGUMENTS

In this section I shall address the parts of my own argument questioned by my opponent

Because Speedblitz, that's really all these arguments ever boil down to isn't it? The Superman debater discards everything else and focuses on speed,

No, no my opponent must have missed what I actually said. Here it is again

And a bunch of other super powers- super hearing, super vision, super stamina yada yada that are mostly irrelevant, not because they can't hurt Thor and Loki but because the next power, along with super strength , is the only one that really matters here

You see there are but two things that matter here- whether he is so much faster than his opponents that he can blitz them both before they can react , and whether he is strong enough to hurt them while doing so, or does he end up like Fox Quicksilver? Flashy but ultimately useless because he couldn't hurt Apocalypse

Given the answer is yes, and yes to both, it does indeed make everything other than the other guys' durability, moot. The final question would be, could Thor or Loki survive a prolonged one sided assault from Superman, which would require them to have durability way beyond your standard class 100, to even retaliate? The answer to that is a resounding "No"

Now my opponent would have a point if this were a speed equalized battle . I happily acknowledge that facts like energy draining/TP/magic/red sun etc would come into play if this were a speed equalized battle . It's high time my opponent acknowledged something too, that all these are meaningless when the battle starts and ends before they know it

not differentiating between travel speed or combat speed.

Heh. We shall see

Let us take a look at the speed feats my foe has supplied. My opponent has posted scans of supes reading really fast and processing info really fast, but that is irrelevant to this fight considering he never fights at those speeds, this isn't a test of reading speed, this is a fight

Yes, I can see how learning a completely new science or processing information that supercomputers can't, would be less challenging than throwing a punch

I mean he actually moves his super humanly strong hands at superhuman speed with enough delicacy to not shred the pages or set the books on fire, all while processing information that would take humans 10 years to learn, in 5 minutes .........yet he can't use those hands and that reflex speed for......throwing a punch?

Seems legit.

I mean it's not like he has feats of throwing dozens of punches before an opponent who was actually fast enough to dunk him in the river with a surprise attack/when he was under mental attack , before he could react or something.

But the biggest fallacy here on my opponent's part is to differentiate between reaction speed and combat speed. If Superman can speed himself up to the point where he turns page after page without destroying the book, with his hands while simultaneously learning 10 years of medical science in 5 minutes, when he is under the pressure of his friend being on her deathbed and her life depending on him, it then makes no sense for him to forget that speed when facing say Batman, the only reason he does so is PIS. Comic writers end up writing the character into a corner with feats like this (even more common with the Flash) where they are living literal years in human moments. They literally could not get hit , unless they wanted to, each blow would be coming in slow motion relative to them , just like the pages of information Superman gobbled up, and understood and imbibed while turning pages at a literal blur relative to humans, just how he can take time out to think as everyone else simply ceases to move, relative to him in a thousandth of a second , or a hundredth

Or indeed , to use two different examples- shield a guy at superspeed from an attack he wasn't even aware of, or immediately have his superspeed kick in to the rescue "faster than a speeding bullet" to outrace an explosion from point blank range, after the bullet to start the explosion had already been fired

Given 90% of all characters in comics don't have superspeed, he must necessarily forget this power for the comic to last more than a page. What else is the writer supposed to do? Show every Superman comic with Superman observing everything else around him in slow motion, in a thousandth of a second or whatever? It becomes unfeasible, and Plot Induced Stupidity necessarily creeps in.

But we are going by consistent high end feats, no? In which case this either counts as what it is , or an outlier. By "counts as what it is" I mean "Superman can imbibe advanced medical knowledge that takes 10 years for humans in 5 minutes while simultaneously flipping through at least all the pages in a library without damaging them" which basically translates to "Thor/Loki is a statue to him"

That is what the feat means, no more, no less. The only thing left to do is to decide whether that's an outlier or not

It is however amusing to see how my opponent refuses to adhere to his own standards. Just to pick a couple of examples here

LOKI

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiEnergyManipulation08MightyAvengers32.jpg

Here from afar Loki completely drains the energy of project Pegasus. Loki is a master of energy manipulation.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiHypnosis05.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiTelepathy01a153.jpg

None of those things had anything to do with direct combat and are thus inapplicable according to my opponent's logic wherein unless a character does something in a fight, the feat is useless. I mean , I myself, completely disagree with that ,given energy draining and whatnot is an ability Loki has consisently shown which short of sudden brain handicaps and/or ...heh the plot demanding it, is not something Loki is simply going to forget in a combat situation. However

and unless he can show supes fighting for years in the span of a few seconds those scans are irrelevant and should be considered outliers as he can do nothing else at that speed

this means that despite showing him doing a much more complex operation (while moving his hands) as an equivalent, as well examples of him utilizing said speed in combat, I can't really use the feat because it isn't in direct combat, according to my opponent's logic, which dictates feats only count when used in direct combat

Which then makes it all the more bemusing when throughout his posts, he uses contrary logic, seemingly intent on debating himself again, rather than me. Either that, or different standards apply to the Asgardians as opposed to Superman. Which is certainly one way to go about it......

I shall now focus on the scans that pertain to this battle, or what my opponent wishes you to believe to pertain to this battle.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111261107/4917525-4585563238-super.jpg This scan has no context, you cannot tell how fast the Flash is moving. In this scan the flash is not moving very fast, its obvious he is just playing with Supes, and Supes doesn't use speed in this scan either, he guesses where the flash will be which is pretty easy for him considering the flash was going slower than normal and was running around supes in circles.

The same argument repeats itself.

" Oh the Flash! He was caught by surprise!"

It's amazing indeed, how many times the Flash seems to get "caught by surprise" when facing characters. Amazing because no matter how fast he runs, through unknown streets and cities, while random people, cars, buildings etc, get in his path......he never gets tagged or "caught by surprise".....for instance searching Manhattan and finding Madame Xanadu in moments without colliding with....anything on the way . Almost like he instantly reacts to everything in his path. Oh wait that's what he does . Heck he can even predict future scenarios and choose the correct path , have casual conversations in a microsecond while the rest of the world is a statue to them , carry out thousands of subtle adjustments to his body even as he moves etc

See it doesn't matter how fast Flash was moving to begin with, he could simply feel the punch and start moving out of the way as his opponent turns to a statue and superspeed kicks in. Therefore to tag the Flash, you need to be at least comparable to him in speed for any of those "caught by surprise" shenanigans to work. Well whaddya know...it's the exact same thing as the Superman instance

The only thing left to establish was if this was the standard "90% of comic characters have no superspeed therefore Flash must get jobbed out to make the story interesting" PIS or not

Which given Superman has actual reaction feats on a scale of outreacting supercomputers by years, not related to fighting (and suddenly jobbing out) fast people, unlike Thor and Loki, that's a proper combat speed feat of an actually fast guy with his own speed feats matching another with his own speed feats. And please Superman totally used his superspeed as is obvious to all but the completely biased. I mean it's not like other, weaker Krptonians have similar performances too, is it? Oh .

I mean it's not like Superman has later showings of beating people as fast as the Flash at superspeed

This scan shows supes to be fast, but not nearly as fast as my foe wants you to believe, considering this is 52 flash also, who is no where near his pre 52 counterpart

He should be actually at least as fast at this point, though he wasn't back then. Not that it matters because he was still a gazillion times faster than Thor or Loki

.http://imgur.com/a/ukNpu this is also travel speed and has nothing to do with combat. Superman travels from pluto to earth, that's travel speed alone, nothing to do with combat

The earth is a pretty big place y'know. I must have missed the part where Jason fired a giant flare screaming "Hey we are here!You don't have to search the globe for us or anything!" . Perhaps my esteemed opponent would be so kind as to point it out to me?

http://i.imgur.com/oBkhGtq.jpg Another travel speed feat, nothing to do with combat at all. This scan does not show that supes sped around the world in less than ten seconds, he could have simply been right above the spot DD was when he saw him. There is not much context to this feat and it is travel speed, so irrelevant to the battle.

Superman searched the world, going over every place at 1000 miles per second. Ignoring everything else, as a very basic thing unless my opponent is one of those flat-earth truthers, he will have to admit that the earth is round, it tilts at every point. Thus to avoid shooting off into space at nearly mach 5000, he needs to adjust and turn at every point. This without going to the fact that he is looking for one humanoid out of 7 billion across the entirety of the planet's surface. Yeaahh I'd say that's not travel speed, all things considered, especially when

he could have simply been right above the spot DD was when he saw him

my opponent doesn't seem to understand how big the earth is unless he is saying that Superman was moving so fast he was literally above every spot on the planet at the same time

There is not much context to this feat and it is travel speed, so irrelevant to the battle.

Yes especially the part where he considers his actions for another 1/50th of a second before even attacking, that's totally "travel speed"

http://i.imgur.com/Lx9FHkn.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/p3Pm66w.jpg These two feats go together. In the first scan Supes sees the area while flying at insane speeds, that's not impressive at all and has nothing really to do with the battle as Thor can do exactly the same. The second scan shows supes blitzing, but he does not blitz in an hundredth of a second, he decides what to do in that time then blitzes, and the scan says nothing of how fast supes blitzed. This scan is irrelevant as well, as it has really nothing to do with combat

What each of those scans show is Superman assessing the situation, weighing the pros and cons, etc all in some fraction of a second. The equivalent would be suddenly turning up at your house to see your family held at gun point, calmly assess the situation , notice the trespasser has an alien skeleton and one of your family members is dead , before acting with enough calmness to not kill said trespasser after immediately locating and neutralizing the primary threat , with the other being the equivalent of having an internal debate about which of Trump or Clinton is worse for the country, listing pros and cons and making the right choice based on the same.

Both as opposed to....throwing a punch. I mean a punch is thrown in either case but after deliberating over whether that should even be done. I mean I'm more than happy to check out feats of Thor doing exactly the same -registering, processing information and even solving moral quandries in less time than it takes the human eye to blink, if you have them. Otherwise this is essentially Superman seeing Thor's blows come towards him in slo-mo as he vaguely ponders whether Thor is even worth a nut shot or should he finish him off with an old school sock on the jaw and be done with it already

. http://i.imgur.com/c5qHCeX.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/xz7jh20.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/0Gzpyfx.jpg None of this is very impressive. Superman keeps getting hit in all those scans, he doesn't dodge anything, even his blitzing batman isn't impressive as batman still blasts him. This actually shows supes combat speed to be very low, incapable of blocking or dodging energy attacks which Thor has done on numerous occasions.

My opponent seems to be a fan of leaving out context , even when freely supplied for him

Combat precog predicts every move Superman makes 1/100th of a second before he makes it then selects a move out of a million that actually works

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Superman still intercepts their light attacks among other things , such as grabbing and dragging Batman to space at superspeed

Thus we now find, according to my opponent that fighting someone who has combat pre cog right up to a hundredth of a second before the attack and has millions of minds filling in the right choice, is .....NOT an example of combat speed.

The difference between Thor's blocking energy attacks of unknown speed and this, aside from the obviously quantifiable things and the pre cog and Superman actually intercepting the thing after it is fired when he is behind Batman to start with as opposed to a swing of the hammer is that it is actually shown intercepting and matching heat vision

http://i.imgur.com/VjkZrJo.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/OuyZEZK.jpg still just travel speed.

Once again round planet/actually searching for people etc. Light takes (well) less than a second to go around the planet once, for instance

http://i.imgur.com/3nKuryO.jpg this is better than the other scans, but still not relevant. There is no context for this scan, how long does it take supes to get to the moon, how fast is he blitzing, ect, this scan leaves much to be desired and is mostly just another travel speed scan.

Yes circling and covering and fighting over and eventually destroying a moon sized object in a panel is no indication of speed at all, sorry I mean it's "travel speed"

All that has really been shown is travel speed, I can post a travel speed montage for Thor if you want.

That's one way to go about Thor's lack of reaction speed feats: work the argument around to talking about travel speed. Kudos

• ACTUAL COUNTER ARGUMENT

In this section I shall (finally) be attacking my opponent's strategy and logic

Thor has a nice little conversation in the core of the sun.

Counter point- Minor nitpick this, but that's somewhat less impressive than being in the core of planet that is hotter than the sun...under a red sun

Here from afar Loki completely drains the energy of project Pegasus. Loki is a master of energy manipulation.

Counter point- And how powerful was the project's energy? More or less than Superman? Loki is also a master prepper as far as that goes. How much prep/external power did he call upon there ? Do we have any non speculative way of knowing for sure?Let's not forget Loki ended up as the tortured prisoner of Pym's prep by the end of the arc, able to do little more than cry to big brother for help

Whats to stop Loki from finding out Supermans weakness to red solar energy and exploiting it.

Counter point- The fact that Superman's Kryptonian mind is explicitly harder to control/read than a human's, or indeed more resistant than two telepaths put together ,which is the better than the best feat put forward so far. There's more if and when required. Oh Orion also gave him psionic blocks so there's that. Again, not that that will be a factor given speed blitz.

Loki can turn his entire body into whatever energy he wants, what is to stop him from turning himself into red sun energy? I have also shown Loki can drain energy, so why couldn't he simply drain supes of all his solar energy?

Counter point- For that he will need at least a couple of consistent, non outlier draining feats on a scale of Superman's energy levels. For the first, sure he can become any energy he wants, won't stop him from getting torn in half because Doomsday

Why this is more impressive than it looks- Aside from doubling up as a remarkable strength feat considering how Wonder Woman fared against a less evolved form, the Doomsday mist was so powerful, nothing other than Superman could maintain molecular cohesion for more than 10 minutes , Wonder Woman's magic sword was just swallowed up as she was posioned , Steel's hammer shattered , it was a miracle he survived given humans can't last more than 10 seconds with Doomsday , yet Superman not only ripped him in half, he inhaled in most of the mist to save everyone

I've seen nothing thus far to indicate Loki's more durable than DD, who Superman ripped apart despite death mists. In any case, speedblitz

My foe showed travel speed and perception feats, let me show actual reaction feats. http://i.imgur.com/TkoMl4b.jpg In this scan Thor punches an enchanter than catches mjolnir in microseconds, this is an actual reaction and combat feat.

Counter point- This indeed an actual, noteworthy reaction feat, and unlike my opponent, I'm not much of a fan of lowballing or coming up with ridiculous explanations , anything to deny clear cut reaction feats

With that being said , I call that an outlier and call on my opponent to provide proof of any other feat over 60+ years coming anywhere close to reacting in a millionth of a second, for this to be anything other than an outlier

http://i.imgur.com/eZny9d7.png deflects a swarm of oncoming meteors while traveling towards them at insane speeds, this is a reaction feat as he is actually moving his arms to deflect and react to meteorites coming at his ship.

Counter point- That's less quantifiable than even something like this. Actually it isn't, given the most visible meteor shower comes at the rate of ......a meteor a minute

The most visible meteor shower in most years are the Perseids, which peak on 12 August of each year at over one meteor per minute.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_shower#Perseids_and_Leonids

Here Thor leaps a tank shot from within a few feet. Thor is not running, there is no other context, from a standing position Thor leaps a tank blast coming from a few feet in front of him. This feet alone is better than any feat my foe has shown for supes.

Counter point-We were dealing in street level feats? Why didn't my opponent say so from the beginning? Here's 5 years ago jeans Superman literally outracing bullets without breaking sweat . That's certainly better than Thor's aim dodging (heh least my opponent could have done was use Thor's multiple actual bullet time feats)

My foe has shown nothing to suggest supes can blitz Thor, as I have shown Thor to have millisecond reaction speeds, react to tank blasts from within a few feat ect. My foe needs to show proof of reacton speed for Supes or there is no way for him to prove that Thor wont blitz Supes,

Counter point- Correction, what my opponent has actually done is list a feat in a millionth of a second and a couple of others that aren't even close to that level.

So far my opponent has, barring the one feat , shown basically street level feats which jives with Thor's depiction of years and years of being portrayed as someone with street level reflexes- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc . I could go on and on here, but the fact remains Thor is consistently street level in terms of speed, with no clear cut feats (other than a single microsecond feat over 60+ years) to counter those showings

Thus you can see why someone whose speed is alternatively compared to a "cloud" and a "lion" while struggling to deal with the likes of Daredevil and Logan and Cap, nevermind Pietro who openly mocks him and only goes down to an AoE, is basically fodder to someone who can match the Flash and similarly fast people, even whose younger cousin gets in her blows in a superspeed matchup with the Flash in the arc where he is nigh instantly making a thousand adjustments to his body to react to anything, who literally lives out years in human minutes etc

as Thor has utilized the speedblitz on several occasions in combathttp://i.imgur.com/Z7P2Z1e.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/LfBA1lz.jpg

Counter point- My opponent doesn't seem to understand the difference between a bullrush and a speedblitz. Allow me to demonstrate. This is a bullrush. This is a speedblitz

One of those involves reacting to make sure you punch every time, while moving the hands in conjunction with the mind so as not to swipe empty air. This requires actual inherrent superspeed at every point to react to every change in position. There is no "ON" switch to be activated here. This is called a speedblitz

The other involves setting up and aiming towards a direction, using travel speed in a straight line with minimal or no change in direction from origin point to target. This is called a bullrush, it requires time to set up, reflexes to kick in to aim at a target and the target itself being slow enough to see the rush coming and not get out of the way/unable to react to it. If however the target is not a complete snail and/or caught by surprise (the bullrusher still has to be at least close in reaction speed to do this), said target can simply step out of the way....not even a huge distance, to see the rusher crashing into the background, cartoon style, unable to change directions at that (travel) speed. It requires an "ON" switch to turn on the travel speed after the target has been scoped.

Loki is a master of time manipulation, his temporal powers extend worldwide as shown in this scan,http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiSpells55-TimeFreezeDominationFactor6.jpg .

Loki is also immune to temporal laws such as the grand father paradox, he killed went back in time to kill Bor, then tormented Odin back in time so Odin would adopt him.

Counter point-And here we see two more instances of my opponent's favoured "feats don't count unless used directly in combat, for Superman, but they totally do for Loki" tactic. Clearly there are different standards for Asgardians

Also

Loki is also immune to temporal laws such as the grand father paradox, he killed went back in time to kill Bor, then tormented Odin back in time so Odin would adopt him.

Dude your very scan says Loki can't actually change the past but only make sure what happens, happens, and he neither has any idea nor cares how that works out. The second example outright notes so

Also again irrelevent because Loki is getting superspeed frozen, remember?

http://i.imgur.com/AXuTFfT.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/pn8dExJ.jpg These two scans seem to be your way of countering Loki's abilities, but they wont work. For one, Loki is a Jotun, a being of cold and ice, he has manipulated ice himself many times in the past,http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiEnchantedIce01Avengers1.jpg, here Loki creates an ice wall powerful enough to block mjolnir, and here...

Counter point- None of that matters because

A) they don't actually show Loki breaking out from any form of ice, Loki being the guy who was unable to break out from a million tons of rock alone

B) even if you spot Loki ice manipulation, he has zero feats for breaking free from something that ensnares time travellers and phasing intangible ghosts

I mean the H'el feat alone seals it, that was under a red sun, in an environment hotter than the sun, against a guy trying to travel out of the timestream. He was instead stuck in an infinite loop

C) Superman could simply tear him in half given zero feats on Doomsday's scale, or whack him senseless as he passes him by given it requires but one proper blow from Thor to daze him

CONTEXT! This scan is strange indeed, it seems H'el has chronal strands wrapped around him or something, I cant really tell whats going on here but what I can tell is that this is not normal time manip. My foe needs to show more context for this scan, because it looks like something unique to H'el and irrelevant to normal or magical time manipulation.

Counter point- There's no further context. That's just the way H'el teleports into a timestream. When he tried doing that again to get outta there , Superman froze him

THE ASGARDIAN STRATEGY

Because you have shown no reaction or combat speed feats for supes and I have shown a few for Thor, here are 3 ways it could play out.

SCENARIO 1

Supes and Thor fly at each other, exchanging blows, Loki looks into Supes mind and finds his weakness for red sun energy, turns himself into red sun energy and goes to help fight. Supes fights for a bit, but weakened is no match for the Asgardian duo and loses from a Mjolnir strike to the face.

Not happening. Thor and Loki get blitzed before they know it

Extra notes- Superman has actual psychic inhibitors and Loki's feats aren't good enough to take over his mind

SCENARIO 2

Supes and Thor fly at each other, exchanging blows. Loki sees Supes is powered by Solar energy and drains him of his power, Thor then beats Supes to a bloody pulp.

Not happening.Thor and Loki get blitzed before they know it

Extra notes-Loki's non outlier energy draining feats thus far are seemingly nowhere close to Superman levels

SCENARIO 3

Loki stops time, then he and Thor beat on superman till he is dead.

Thor and Loki will actually be fighting for years in what seems seconds to supes, because Loki is a master of time manipulation.

Not happening.Thor and Loki get blitzed before they know it

Extra notes- If Loki has other instances of stopping time, I'd like to see em because the current example is dubious to say the least

there are numerous other reasons why supes would get stomped by this team that I have not yet touched upon.

None of which are feasible when you're getting blitzed. I'm not even going to bother to counter those bullet points of "reason", aside from being repetitive and already addressed, some are downright ridiculous (eg-Thor has better reaction feats)

• THE CLINCHER

Earlier I remarked upon my opponent's fondness of debating with himself. I suspect we shall see this in action again shortly

For instance, my opponent says this

So as you can see, Solar Flare is suicide for Supes. I am just getting started, there are numerous other reasons why supes would get stomped by this team that I have not yet touched upon.

Now aside from doing me the great disservice of not reading my posts properly such as Thor lacking Mjolnir at the crucial point of having his face lighted up by a flare,

Superman attacks first before either can react, and freezes Loki as he passes him by, a strategy that should work just fine given he'strapped time travellers in perpetual loops with it and frozen intangible ghosts,then proceeds to lay the blitzin on Thor to KO him, after knocking away his hammer first ,Gladiator style,before coming back to finish the job on Loki (if that's even necessary)

Thus saving me the trouble of having to address another outlier showing, my opponent seems to have either forgotten or not read what was said about the flare in the first place

Let's assume for some reason, though I can't think of any, this basic strategy does not work. Let's assume Thor is still conscious and Loki's somehow broken free, even then , unless my esteemed opponent is going to argue Thor and Loki vastly outclass Superman in stats, Superman has a go-to winning trick, when facing opponents as strong as himself or stronger than himself or indeed amped to planet busting levels. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you solar flare.

Or did he?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you @asgardianbrony agreeing with me and saving us all a lot of trouble

As you can see, Thor is just as durable and hits far harder than supes

And thus Thor, by my opponent's own admission, being only as durable as Superman , gets KOd harder than an amped Ullyses. Game, set and match. Thanks for playing

Once again I thank @asgardianbrony for saving us all a lot of trouble and flat out admitting Superman wins here. Now I've been told that it's always good to sign off with a bit of good ol fashioned humour so here we go

1. Thor has better reaction feats.

And that's it folks, I'm all out of jokes for now. Thanks again.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TV4

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already know who I'm voting for...

Avatar image for naturallygifted
NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theghostknight: my post got eaten by cv, ill try to post tomorrow.

Ok fine. Like others have said, try copy pasting it before posting

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 emperorthanos-  Moderator
TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheGhostKnight

@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:

@theghostknight: you have some really good formatting.

agreed. Though the links kind of ruin it.

Ehh...images would have looked cluttered though I agree with the links thing, every time you click on one you have to open up the spoiler again to get back to where you were (the solution being "open in new tab") Unfortunately once posted, its very difficult to remove ALL the spoilers

Do you suggest I should?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:
@blackestnight93 said:

@theghostknight: you have some really good formatting.

agreed. Though the links kind of ruin it.

Ehh...images would have looked cluttered though I agree with the links thing, every time you click on one you have to open up the spoiler again to get back to where you were (the solution being "open in new tab") Unfortunately once posted, its very difficult to remove ALL the spoilers

Do you suggest I should?

Oh no, it's not a major problem. You have already got into this debate so don't change halfway.

It's just a suggestion for your next debate. As having to go to a new tab every time to see a scan get tedious and annoying at times. But if you wnat to avoid scan clutter this is the nicest way of posting pictures.

But I'm not some formatting genius myself though. My formatting is fairly simple and not as nice looking as yours.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jay_z94  Online
Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

Jaybles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth:

Not everyone with a low post count is an alt :(

Some of us just don't like constantly posting 1 word comments to up that count.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@reaverlation said:

I already know who I'm voting for...

How can you know when everything can be countered?

No biggie, he's voting for me :).

Jaybles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@krleavenger: That's true and also... Painfully obvious. I was making a joke mate.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaybles said:

@pipxeroth:

Not everyone with a low post count is an alt :(

Some of us just don't like constantly posting 1 word comments to up that count.

I know, but it's also because often - not always, but often - the people with low post counts just are too new and don't really understand how CaV's work. Think of it like real life voting; not everyone under 18 is too stupid to be a voter, but a lot are, so its just safer to put a ban on under 18's voting.

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers