No your eyes do not deceive you, this is indeed another one of those Goku vs Superman debates being done again. Some of you may remember @lvenger having done this debate before with Pope052 as part of a 2v2 Hulk & Superman vs Sentry & Goku CAV. Well this time Lvenger and I are having our second comics vs manga debate following the Wonder Woman vs Jirou CAV we did. Be prepared for an exciting and epic time as we revisit this age old debate to present our cases for Superman and Goku and then put it to the vote. Who will win this time; the heroic Man of Steel or the courageous Super Saiyan warrior?
Feeling bored in the peacetime following Majiin Buu’s defeat, Goku seeks a new and powerful person to fight against. He gathers the Dragon Balls and summons Shenron to ask him to bring a strong warrior for him to fight. Shenron tells him there is no being outside of Earth in the universe who can challenge Goku but that there are other universes with worlds that contain beings powerful enough to rival Goku. Shenron claims there is one in particular who lives on another Earth that would be a worthy challenger for Goku. He is an alien like Goku with powers far beyond mortal men who protects his planet from all kinds of threats and villains. Goku asks for his name and Shenron tells him he is known as Superman. Goku gets excited and asks Shenron to bring him here. His wish is granted as Superman is transported from his universe to Goku’s just as he is about to defeat Lex Luthor again. Goku gleefully introduces himself and sensing Superman’s strength, asks to battle him but Superman refuses to battle just for the sake of fighting. Goku attempts to persuade Superman saying he was brought here by a wish from the Dragon Balls and that afterwards he can be sent back home by them. During their conversation, Lex Luthor is ignored and his sensors detect Goku is a powerful alien like Superman. Despite being sceptical about a wish granting dragon, Lex takes the opportunity to finally dispose of his most hated enemy and wishes for Superman and Goku to fight to the death. Goku and Superman are consumed by an uncontrollable desire to slay the other. With his last sane act, Goku teleports himself and Superman to a random faraway planet that happens to orbit a yellow sun with Instant Transmission. He then powers up to Super Saiyan 3 immediately and both alien heroes prepare to go all out to kill each other.
- Superman is Composite Pre Flashpoint, New 52 and Rebirth versions.
- Goku is manga version including Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super. Goku is allowed post Super Saiyan God DBS manga skill feats. Goku is at Pre Super Saiyan God power levels.
- No God ki or Super Saiyan God transformations for Goku. Superman cannot sundip.
- Both combatants are in character but willing to kill.
- Both have basic knowledge on each other.
- Goku starts off the fight in his Super Saiyan 3 form. Superman is fully charged on solar energy.
- Win by any means except BFR.
- Battle takes place on an indestructible, abandoned planet with a yellow sun and no ozone layer to filter out the sun’s solar radiation.
- Combatants start a mile away from each other.
Challenge a Viner Voting Rules
- Please do not interfere in the debate, it is between us two. If you must correct us on a point before the debate is over, do so via PM.
- Do not post Death Battle, Cartoon Fight Club or other Youtube versus videos that relate to this topic.
- Regular posting, memes or making comments is perfectly fine. However, you are not permitted to interfere in the debate, post scans nor start any separate debates or flame wars with another user.
- Please base your votes on the debater you found most convincing, not on which character you think would win personally. Reasoning and constructive criticism is appreciated and encouraged too.
- If you respect those rules, you are more than welcome to enjoy the show