Cav. Superman Goku (TMWQ) vs. Thanos (EmperorThanos)! OPEN FOR VOTING!

• 85 results
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online
Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

@the_man_with_questions: hey man. Just wanted to tell you I'm still doing this and apologies for taking so long. My Internet's been pretty bad this week so I have had to make my post in bits. It should hopefully be up tomorrow.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-618607f4569df
deactivated-618607f4569df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This getting pretty good.

t4v

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

Counters

Intellect

Thanos is definitely superior in this regard, but with Clark's intellect Gokent won't be so easily fooled by Thanos.

I suppose. But Thanos doesn't need to use his intellect to out smart his opponent but to find their weakness and exploit it.

Strength

I already admitted that Thanos was superior in this regard, so I don't think I'll debate the topic any further. However, I just wanted to get the context behind some of the instances you were citing. Moving on.

Ok I'm glad we are in agreement

Speed

I don't think you get it. Their speed is irrelevant if they aren't actually using it against Thanos. In the scans you cited none of the characters actually try to blitz Thanos. This is a blitz...

They aren't using it because they can't. That is my entire point which you don't seem to be getting. Your entire argument is that in every fight Thanos has gone up against powerful and fast foes, they never used their speed against him. That is a terrible argument, it's not that they didn't use it against him, it's that they can't. You keep tyring to say Gokent will blitz him when people far faster have failed on multiple occvasions.

Whatever this is... http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111240836/5223163-1907491543-50319.png Is not a blitz. It's just the writers making into where characters forget that they have super speed for the sake of plot. And, once again, fighting fast characters doesn't make you fast. Especially when those characters don't use their speed against you. Thor consistently fights characters that are faster than light, but the general consensus is that his actual combat speed is pretty underwhelming (based on factual evidence). I personally believe that Thanos sits in a similar boat, and, simply put, he doesn't have the speed feats required to tag Gokent.

You have missed my point entirely, I never once claimed Thanos is fasted than your character. What I claimed was that you character isn't going to speedblitz him when several other people have failed. Your entire argument is that in every instance Thanos has fought someone faster than him, they chose not use their speed. That is extreme lowballing. If they cannot speed blitz Thanos Gokent who is slower will not be able to either.

The Thor thing doesn't work here. That is a completely different character and the only reason he isn't considered fast is beucase for every high showing he has, there are more low showings for him in terms of speed.

Also, you didn't really counter the Fallen One thing. I already knew he was faster than light. The question is, was he traveling faster than light in the instance where he actually tries to blitz Thanos? Him streaking off at an unquantifiable speed is irrelevant.

Again the same ridicoulus argument as before. FO wasn't moving FTL because he was fighting Thanos? He was moving at full speed when charging at Thanos, he was clearly not holding back at all and Thanos still reacted to him. So yes he was definitely traveling at FTL when he was going towards Thanos.

Durability

Usually when I hear someone mention a gas giant I assume they're taking about the sun. My b. However, that's actually a lot less impressive than I thought. The destructive of a super nova can be felt from over a 50 light years away. A supernova that's only a light year away would wreck are solar system. The planet that Clark was on was well within the vicinity of it's sun. While he did get KO'ed, that would actually make the feat way impressive than what Thanos did (Source:http://www.howitworksdaily.com/could-a-supernova-destroy-earth/).

I know a supernova is more impressive but the fact is getting knocked out by it and he didn't even take the attack at point blank range. If he was right next to the supernova when it occurred then maybe it might have been impressive but when he is a distance away and still got knocked out. That doesn't really say much for his part.

That means that the momentum from his flight had already gone away, and it was nothing but Clark's raw punch.

I suppose, though it still looks like he had momentum and H'el was perfectly fine. Either way Thanos has planetary striker from Thor and the Champion so that won't do anything.

As for the Goku thing, Cell withstood Vegeta's planet destroying Final Flash attack and wasn't phased at all.

Not only was Goku able to harm him with his physical strikes, but his instant Kamehameha dealt more damage to Cell as well.

Now let's get into this. Cell only survived those two attacks thanks to his regen. There is a reason why in both case his body was blown apart. It took planetary attacks to do that, while Goku's punches did no such thing.

Cell would have died to both those blasts had he not had regen. So I don't see how Goku's punches which did nothing to Cell are planetary.

But anyway, planetary punches aren't doing anything to Thanos. I already showed him tanking Planetary strikes from Thor.

No Caption Provided

Just a little proof on Thor's planetary strikes if you weren't already convinced.

But now let's get into Thanos's more impressive feats.

Thanos fought a bloodlusted Thor with the Power Gem.

Thanos took strikes from a bloodlusted, power gem amped Thor and all he ended up with was a little blood on his face. He was enjoying fighting someone that could actually harm him. And Thanos was still pretty much fine after the beating he got. If Thor someone who already has planetary strikes could not do much damage to Thanos while being amped with a power gem. I don't see how Gokent is going to harm him.

I also showed how Thanos can utilize his shields in combat. And Those as well showed protect him planetary or above strikes.

No Caption Provided

Now let's get into is Energy Manip durability

Here is Thanos's fight with Odin

OK hopefully this posted correctly and in order becasue as I am righting this, everything look jumbled up. Anyway here Thanos and Surfer fight Odin who believe Thanos did something bad to his son. Now Surfer get's taken out pretty early in the fight but Thanos and Odin continue to clash later on where Odin tries multiple time to bring Thanos down. Even using Gungir. However despite taking all that Thanos get's right back up and is ready for more.

Now what makes this really impressive is the fact that Odin has been confirmed to be a galaxy buster on multiple occasions

Here are some of the occasions of Odin's galaxy busting power.

Yet even though he was going all out against Thanos, he still was unable to put him down. Now Gokent is no where near that level of power, even if you take Cell's statement as true. So I doubt he will be doing anything to Thanos during this fight.

Energy Manipulation

Do note that this was back during the Namek Saga and Goku had just achieved Super Saiyan.

This isn't swatting a planetary attack as you claim Goku is going to do. He is clearly having difficulty here. Now obviously the Goku you are using is stronger but you still have to prove that Goku can casually do this as you claim.

That's also not taking into account that Gokent could simply do this...

Don't see the point in this. So he can stop a bunch of fireballs from Frieza, how does that protect him from being destroyed by Thanos.

So I still stand by my point that Gokent could just phase through Thanos's hits and blast.

There is difference between can do it and will do it. Superman has been tagged so many times over the years. By literally every villain he has faced. If he could phase through every attack like you claim he can then Superman would never ever get tagged. But that isn't true since pretty much every powerful opponent he has faced has manged to hit him.

This is something he just does not do often which is signified by the fact that he has so few showings with it and by that every single time he has been over the years. Maybe he may do it once or twice but not every single time.

Also, do you have any proof that Cancerverse Hulk is on par with his 616 counterpart? If anything he's weaker. Hulk has already survived a blast from Thanos's energy projection in the past...

It was shown by the other cancerverse Versions being eqaul if not stronger than their counterpaths.

And as for that scan, Thanos was deliberately holding back because he wanted help from the reaming heroes.

Galactus wasn't hurt. He was only annoyed. Not only that, but not even Odin has been able to harm Galactus. Moving on.

Galactus was hurt. Not significantly of course but he still did some damage to a guy far above Gokent, and who has dealt with Galaxy level blasts before. So even doing slight damage is impressive for Thanos.

Additional Counters

Both members of the fusion have striking feats that exceed Champions. Even with the Power Gem, Champion's best feat was destroying a planet. I already showed both of my characters harming guys who no sold planet destroying attacks. Not only that, but when Goku harmed Cell he was only in his Super Saiyan form. Super Saiyan 2 and 3 would obviously increase the power of his strikes. Thanos's shields were about to break from Champion hitting them, so I don't think they'll be able to withstand a barrage of Gokent's punches and ki blast at speeds that Thanos might as well as be a statue at.

I agree that he weaker than your character but it doesn't matter. Even if they break Thanos can bring them back up if required. And I have earlier showed Thanos's tanking an attack from a power gem amped Thor. Your character doesn't have superior striking than that.

But I have already showed that Goku does not have planetary striking. Also Cell may have Planetary durability towards energy attacks but do you have prove of him having planetary durability to physical attacks?

More on Speed

Neither of us are going to let up on this one. You seem to believe that in every instance he has fought FTL people like the sveral time he fought surfer they didn't use their speed.

You have still missed my point, my argument is not that Thanos has FTL speed. My argument is that Thanos isn't blitz by people who have FTL speed. Gokent is faster, I am not disputing that. What I am disputing is the fact that Gotenks will not be able to blitz Thanos. Gokent is not as fast as the runner, gem or not. And the Runner who had prep time still failed to beat Thanos, who was perfectly fine after their battle.

And your character's especially Superman have been tagged by slower opponents. Here are just a few examples of this.

1. Wraith kicks superman across the planet
  2. Superman attempts to blitz Darkseid who just brushes him away
  3. Superman bullrushes Konvict who then knocks him away(Scans in reverse)
  4. H'el knocks out Superman in a single strike.

So these scan are here for a couple of reasons. One is to show that Superman does not just phase through attacks like you are trying to claim he can do here. These are just few instances of him being struck by his opponents with ease. So the whole phase through every attack argument you are tyring to make doesn't work when Superman in character almost never does that. Second reason is to show that people who are slower than Superman have been able tag him.

Now there is another point I need to make about the speed argument. Having a speed advantage is useless if they can't damage Thanos. None of their attacks are powerful enough to harm Thanos. Even if Goku's spams a hundred planet busting(which he does not do ever), Thanos won't be bothered by it because his durability is so much higher than that.

Also in a worse case Scenario Thanos can also use AOE blasts that Gokent can't avoid

No Caption Provided

Here he uses it kill a bunch of prisioners who wanted to take him on. He escaped the cell that was made to confine him as well. Of course a blast like this wouldn't do much to GOkent but Thanos can use even more powerfully AOE blasts that will definitely do damage.

Telepathy

Clark provides Gokent with some pretty solid telepathic defense. Pre-52 Clark was given telepathic mind blocks by Manhunter, while New 52 Clark got some from Orion (which allowed Clark to resist Hector Hammonds telepathic assault).

Pre-52 Superman has an even better feat where he resist an amped version of the even more impress Pre-52 Hammond, and another instance where he resist Arion.

Just having telepathic defense is not going to help Gokent here. How strong are the blocks created by Manhunter and what feats does Hammonds have a telepath.

Let me get into what Thanos is capable off as a telepath

He has taken on moondragon on multiple occasions. Here is one case in where Moondragon who is in possesion of the mindgem was unable read Thanos's mind. thanks to his telepathic powers/

No Caption Provided

Now this is impressive as Moondragon with the mind gem is a very powerful telepath

No Caption Provided

Here she takes out Professor X after their dicussion goes south. Now I don't really think I have to get into what Xavier's capabilities are as a telepath.

Albeit, that was more of a last minute situation thing and I don't think Gokent would use such as tactic as he's also been fused with Goku (who's known for his fighting prowess and wouldn't just "stop thinking"). However, the real question is whether Thanos will even have time to think about or even concentrate on performing such a tactic (which I doubt he will).

Yeah as you said this won't be something Gokent would think of doing at all.

As for Thanos will have time to think about doing this, I don't see why not. It's not like your character is going to overwhelm him they maybe faster but they are severely lacking mean to do significant damage to Thanos.

And he doesn't need any concentration, he can do it pretty quickly which can be seen in the Drax Scan posted earlier. Or here, where he does it against hulk casually while talking Thor.

Gokent shouldn't have to worry about Thanos's matter manipulation. I don't think even to cite any feats to suggest this. Turning a random Skrull into stone doesn't say much, as both members of the fusion are infinitely more durable than it. But... I might as well go ahead and cite the instance where Clark withstands a radiation storm that "...Twists and transforms, on an atomic level. Everything that touches it."

Doesn't really work like that superior durability does not mean he is immune to it. But this isn't an avenue I want to pursue and since you have shown that Gokent has resistance to this.

@the_man_with_questions sorry for taking so long. I may still do some minor edits here and there for grammar and stuff but the main points are all there.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

More battles like this should be done as long as the characters aren't to Hax. Really fun

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intellect

"I suppose. But Thanos doesn't need to use his intellect to out smart his opponent but to find their weakness and exploit it."

This isn't beyond either member of the fusion, and both have been shown to exploit the weaknesses of their opponents in the past. For example, Clark took Wraith underground to deprive him of sun light. I also already showed Goku taking advantage of Frieza's inability to sense ki when he was hiding underwater.

Also, while were on the subject of intellect, Gokent could always use his x-ray vision to target specific areas of Thanos's body.

Clark analyzes alien tech, x-rays the body of an alien, blocks a laser blast that was fired at Toymaster (after it had been fired), and then proceeded to blitz Mongol (so a nice speed feat to add to the debate).

That's also not taking pressure points into account.

No Caption Provided

Yeah he was faking, but Thanos was clearly shown to have been affected by the pressure point (in some capacity). He even went as far as to state that if it hadn't been him on the receiving end of the attack, it most likely would've killed a number of other beings (not to mention that Thanos taught Gamora that move). Both of my characters are well versed in the use of pressure points.

1. Clark using multiple pressure points on Ultraman
  2. Clark using pressure points in a random sparring match
  3. Clark instantly dropping Tempest with a pressure point

Considering the fact that Gokent is much stronger than Gamora, (like, infinitely stronger) his usage of pressure points should prove to be pretty efficient against Thanos.

Speed

"They aren't using it because they can't. That is my entire point which you don't seem to be getting. Your entire argument is that in every fight Thanos has gone up against powerful and fast foes, they never used their speed against him. That is a terrible argument, it's not that they didn't use it against him, it's that they can't. You keep tyring to say Gokent will blitz him when people far faster have failed on multiple occvasions."

The problem is that you aren't explaining why they couldn't blitz Thanos. Simply put, those characters weren't using their speed against him (basically for plot oriented reasons). You keep saying that these characters tried to blitz Thanos, but none of the scans you've provided actually show that. Then I provided an example of a character actually utilizing (Runner) their speed against Thanos, and Thanos failed miserably attempting to tag him. Heck, citing an instance I mentioned in one of my previous post, Thanos had a tough time tagging his brother (who speed is nowhere close to Gokent's).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Heck, Marvel themselves only define Thanos's speed and reflexes as those of an enhanced humans.

No Caption Provided
  • "Speed: Enhanced human"
  • "Reflexes: Enhanced human"

Even on of the most well known and knowledgeable Thanos debaters, Killemall, compares Thanos's speed to Hulk's (see below). Gokent IS blitzing Thanos.

No Caption Provided

"You have missed my point entirely, I never once claimed Thanos is fasted than your character. What I claimed was that you character isn't going to speedblitz him when several other people have failed. Your entire argument is that in every instance Thanos has fought someone faster than him, they chose not use their speed. That is extreme lowballing. If they cannot speed blitz Thanos Gokent who is slower will not be able to either."

I never claimed that. I literally cited two instances where characters used their speed against Thanos, and he failed miserably trying to tag them. What I was saying is that none of the scans you've shown actually show characters attempting blitz Thanos. Your argument is essentially that Gokent can't blitz Thanos because tagged fast characters, but you ignored the fact that it was clearly shown that none of those characters were actually using their speed.

"The Thor thing doesn't work here. That is a completely different character and the only reason he isn't considered fast is beucase for every high showing he has, there are more low showings for him in terms of speed."

It works fine. It's literally the exact same situation. Both Thor and Thanos have tagged fast characters, but aren't actually that fast, and their are several instances where fast characters are shown to overwhelm both (in speed).

"Again the same ridicoulus argument as before. FO wasn't moving FTL because he was fighting Thanos? He was moving at full speed when charging at Thanos, he was clearly not holding back at all and Thanos still reacted to him. So yes he was definitely traveling at FTL when he was going towards Thanos."

We don't know how fast FO was moving, and I never stated that he wasn't moving at FTL speeds because he was fighting Thanos. I simply stated that we don't know how fast he was moving (which we don't). Saying he was moving faster than light is an assumption on your part. Heck, I could argue that the mere fact that Thanos was able to react FO shows that he wasn't moving at FTL speeds (or even light speed). Especially since you stated "You have still missed my point, my argument is not that Thanos has FTL speed." Heck, you out righted stated that Gokent was faster than Thanos "Gokent is faster, I am not disputing that." (both of these quotes can be found in the first paragraph of your "More speed" section). So how is Thanos not getting blitzed?

Durability

"I know a supernova is more impressive but the fact is getting knocked out by it and he didn't even take the attack at point blank range. If he was right next to the supernova when it occurred then maybe it might have been impressive but when he is a distance away and still got knocked out. That doesn't really say much for his part."

But you literally just stated that Clark's feat was superior. Even if he got knocked out, it's still better than Thanos surviving the destructive force of the gas giant (by factual evidence and your own admission). Heck, outside of being KO'ed, Clark didn't even appear visibly damaged.

Although, if I'm being completely honest, surviving a super nova is actually less than the force required to destroy a moon. What made the feat so impressive is that Clark was withstanding the force of the supernova, as well as surviving the explosion caused by the planet he was on.

"suppose, though it still looks like he had momentum and H'el was perfectly fine. Either way Thanos has planetary striker from Thor and the Champion so that won't do anything."

He took a strike from Thor. There's no evidence that it was planetary. Also, I thought that Thanos had to use his shields when facing off against Champion? I also don't see why planet level strikes won't be able to harm Thanos. He's been harmed by much less on multiple occasions. Not saying that he wouldn't be able take an exploding planet with ease, but multiple planetary level strikes is definitely going to lay the hurt on Thanos.

"Now let's get into this. Cell only survived those two attacks thanks to his regen. There is a reason why in both case his body was blown apart. It took planetary attacks to do that, while Goku's punches did no such thing.

Cell would have died to both those blasts had he not had regen. So I don't see how Goku's punches which did nothing to Cell are planetary."

Cell wouldn't have died without regen... At least not against Vegeta's Final Flash. He was only missing an arm after taking that attack. Most of his body was still intact and without damage. Goku's attacks still did more damage than Vegeta's Final Flash. Heck, Super Saiyan Vegeta couldn't even harm Cell, and Trunks was even stronger than Vegeta and struggled to harm Cell. I'm not going to do any crazy power scaling, but that was just Super Saiyan Goku. Gokent can up to Super Saiyan 3. Obviously the power behind his strikes would grow even further.

"But anyway, planetary punches aren't doing anything to Thanos. I already showed him tanking Planetary strikes from Thor.

Just a little proof on Thor's planetary strikes if you weren't already convinced."

I don't understand what's going on in the Thor scan you posted. That doesn't look like a planet. It looks like a small asteroid. Plus wasn't Thor utilizing some type of fake Warrior's Madness in that instance? Also, the one instance you provide of Thor hitting Thanos was on Earth, and there's no proof that he was utilizing planet busting attacks. Especially since Thor experiences tons of physical harm performing harder strikes (see below), as well as the fact that strikes of that caliber would screw over Earth.

No Caption Provided

"But now let's get into Thanos's more impressive feats.

Thanos fought a bloodlusted Thor with the Power Gem."

Impressive, but not quantifiable. That's more of a testament as to powerful the gem can make you. However, during that same story line dozens of other characters took hits from Power Gem users. Heck, I recall Thor taking on a Power Gem wielding Drax and Surfer blocking an energy blast from Thor wielding the gem.

No Caption Provided

As for the Odin thing, even Thanos can have his extremely high end and outlier showings. Even if we ignore the potential of this feat being an outlier, I highly doubt that Odin was going all out. I don't think his goal was to destroy his own home, and nothing indicated that he was going all out. If he was going all out then he would've just froze time, grew to the size of a planet, etc... Not to mention that some of Odin's actions and wording made it seem like the exact opposite. Despite going all out, Odin doesn't kill Surfer with his blast and he also ask if Thanos would like to surrender. I don't think that that's a good a representation of someone going all out.

Also, are you seriously implying that Thanos has the durability to withstand galaxy destroying blast? Despite the fact he's consistently harmed by infinitely less. Black Bolt's scream, hits from Thor and Hulk (albeit, with little damage), etc... You even said that if we take Cell's statement into consideration (the one where claimed he could destroy a solar system) that Gokent wouldn't come anywhere close to harming Thanos...

"Yet even though he was going all out against Thanos, he still was unable to put him down. Now Gokent is no where near that level of power, even if you take Cell's statement as true. So I doubt he will be doing anything to Thanos during this fight."

Sorry but that's way out of Thanos's league, and massively high balling him on your part.

Energy Manipulation

"This isn't swatting a planetary attack as you claim Goku is going to do. He is clearly having difficulty here. Now obviously the Goku you are using is stronger but you still have to prove that Goku can casually do this as you claim."

Did you actually watch the video? Goku halts an attack from Frieza and then redirects it. The blast then travels to another planet and instantly destroys it. Maybe not swatting it like I described, but the version of Goku being used for the fusion is much more powerful than that. That's also not taking into account that you haven't shown Thanos utilizing planet destroying blast. Not saying he can't, but you've yet to actually show this (and even if you did, Gokent could dodge or redirect them).

"Don't see the point in this. So he can stop a bunch of fireballs from Frieza, how does that protect him from being destroyed by Thanos."

It shows that Gokent can block powerful blast with a ki shield. Calling Frieza's blast "a bunch of fire balls" is just a lame attempt to degrade the feat. Especially since Dragon Ball characters have been shown to be quite efficient when it comes to manipulating energy (albeit, the feat can't be fully quantified but it's still impressive).

"There is difference between can do it and will do it. Superman has been tagged so many times over the years. By literally every villain he has faced. If he could phase through every attack like you claim he can then Superman would never ever get tagged. But that isn't true since pretty much every powerful opponent he has faced has manged to hit him.

This is something he just does not do often which is signified by the fact that he has so few showings with it and by that every single time he has been over the years. Maybe he may do it once or twice but not every single time."

I don't see your point. I cited multiple instances of Clark utilizing phasing, and then two other instances where he vibrates his body at extreme speeds (as well as the Flash thing). Him not using it all the time is due to plot. Not only that, but that's more so to do with the way a character is portrayed. Clark has consistently been shown to be a smart fighter. Him using his speed to phase wouldn't be super out of character thing to do, unlike say someone such as Thor, who is consistently shown to be a brawler.

Also, if were using that same line of logic, Flash won't speed steal because he doesn't do it all the time, Martian Manhunter won't using phasing cause he's consistently gotten tagged by characters, and Thanos won't use telepathy because he doesn't use it all the time.

"It was shown by the other cancerverse Versions being eqaul if not stronger than their counterpaths."

Eh... I'm still not to sure on this. A number of characters have withstood Thanos's energy blast in the past, and nothing indicated that he was holding back in any of those instances. Not only that, but Cancerverse Hulk didn't even seem that impressive. All I recall is him taking a blast from Quasar, and then getting putdown by a seizure caused by a telepathic dog. Heck, there's nothing to even suggest that the Cancervese followed the same chronology as the 616. I think you maybe stretching it a bit with that showing.

"And as for that scan, Thanos was deliberately holding back because he wanted help from the reaming heroes."

Fair enough.

"Galactus was hurt. Not significantly of course but he still did some damage to a guy far above Gokent, and who has dealt with Galaxy level blasts before. So even doing slight damage is impressive for Thanos."

Nothing in that scan suggest that Thanos hurt Galactus. Odin knocked himself out trying to harm Galactus (and he didn't even come close to phasing Big G). What legitimately makes you think that Thanos could? Heck, looking at your own scans, Thanos straight up says that he didn't accomplish anything other than pissing Galactus off.

No Caption Provided

"I agree that he weaker than your character but it doesn't matter. Even if they break Thanos can bring them back up if required. And I have earlier showed Thanos's tanking an attack from a power gem amped Thor. Your character doesn't have superior striking than that."

The Thor feat isn't quantifiable, and Thanos probably wouldn't even realize that his shield is broken.

"But I have already showed that Goku does not have planetary striking. Also Cell may have Planetary durability towards energy attacks but do you have prove of him having planetary durability to physical attacks?"

That's a bit sketchy and a fair point to bring up. However, I was always under the assumption that ki was physical energy manifested in the form of blast and various techniques.

No Caption Provided

That's also not taking into account that ki is what a majority of Dragon Ball characters use to make themselves so durable. Presumably if someone is using ki based strikes to harm someone who just used their ki based durability to withstand a ki based energy blast, then that person is probably hitting with a significant amount of force.

However, that still doesn't change the fact that Cell withstood Vegeta's planet destroying attack, and only lost an arm in the process. Goku's ki blast did more damage to Cell while only in his Super Saiyan state. Gokent has feats from Gokul leading all the way up to Super Saiyan 3. I think you get the point.

More Speed

I already countered most of your stuff regarding speed, but let's take a look at a few of your other points.

"Wraith kicks superman across the planet"

First off, New 52 Clark has never displayed phasing (as far as I know). Both feats I used were from Pre-52 (as well as three other instances of his vibratory abilities). Gokent has the knowledge of both New and Pre-52 Clark. So this isn't really a valid point.

Second of all, do you even know who Wraith is? One of the first things he ever did was catch a punch from Clark.

No Caption Provided

Look at Clark's inner monologue at the bottom right corner. "So he's strong, Clark, but is he FAST?" Clark was even curious as to how fast Wraith was, and then attempted to hit him with a high speed punch (which Wraith caught). Not only that, but in that same story arc, Clark outright admits that Wraith is stronger, faster, and just generally better than him.

No Caption Provided

However, despite Clark admitting that Wraith was faster, Clark still managed to lay down a barrage of hits on Wraith and pounded him through the moon within seconds.

No Caption Provided

The same thing applies to H'el. During the H'el on Earth storyline, H'el was barely phased by a planet shaking punch, held three powerful heroes in place with his telekinesis (Superman, Wonder Woman, Superboy, etc...), and blitzed Superman, Supergirl, and Superboy. He was consistently portrayed as a powerful being and way faster than Clark. Heck, during that same storyline, Clark took a punch from H'el that sent him from Earth to one hundred thousand miles past the moon (and remained conscious).

The reason I'm making a big deal about this, is because you were categorizing all of these showings as Clark getting tagged by people slower than him (which I just proved wrong). Not only that, but fast characters getting tagged by characters slower than them is usually plot related. Thanos also doesn't come anywhere close to Clark or Goku in terms of speed. So why would that even be relevant?

You're also using the bogus argument again. I cited several instances of Pre-52 Clark taking advantage of his vibratory abilities (two of them showing his ability to phase). If were using that logic, Thanos won't use his shields. He gets tagged by opponents all the time. Hulk, several Avengers during a team attack, Drax, Black Bolt, heck, you even posted a feat from Infinity where Thor tags him (which was a recent event). Guess he won't use his shields. This logic can literally be applied to hundreds of other characters.

I've already posted multiple scans demonstrating Clark's ability to vibrate at high speeds. You make it sound like I'm saying something super ridiculous, like Thor spamming God Blast, but Gokent utilizing phasing is perfectly within reasonable logic.

As for Thanos's AoE attacks, I don't see why Gokent couldn't just out pace the blast. Even Moondragon was able to dodge one of Thanos's blast.

No Caption Provided

"Just having telepathic defense is not going to help Gokent here. How strong are the blocks created by Manhunter and what feats does Hammonds have a telepath."

Hammond took control over half of Metropolis's population, stalemated another telepath (who was being amped), and has penetrated the defense of Lantern's. Lantern Ring's provide Lantern's with telepathic resistance.

No Caption Provided

Clark used a technique taught to him by Manhunter to prevent Arion from taking over his mind.

No Caption Provided

This is the same Arion that manipulated the minds of several New Gods (including Lightray) from light years away.

"Let me get into what Thanos is capable off as a telepath

He has taken on moondragon on multiple occasions. Here is one case in where Moondragon who is in possesion of the mindgem was unable read Thanos's mind. thanks to his telepathic powers/"

That was a showing of telepathic resistance. Not offense. Also, nothing indicates that it was due to his telepathic powers. Thanos's only excuse for Dragon not being able to read his mind was "Of course not. I'm Thanos." Also, didn't Dragon fail to enter Thor's mind during Blood and Thunder (while she had the Mind Gem). Maybe it was due to Thor having the Power Gem (albeit, I've never seen the gem defend against telepathic assualts and my memory of BT is really shady).

"As for Thanos will have time to think about doing this, I don't see why not. It's not like your character is going to overwhelm him they maybe faster but they are severely lacking mean to do significant damage to Thanos."

Heh. I'll get to the damaging part later, and I think I've made my point about Gokent's speed compared to Thanos's.

"And he doesn't need any concentration, he can do it pretty quickly which can be seen in the Drax Scan posted earlier. Or here, where he does it against hulk casually while talking Thor."

He wasn't being attack in the Avenger's scan, and he had to emit beams from his eyes to put Drax is a trance.

Also, if were really arguing on consistentcy, then what are the chances of Thanos actually choosing to use his telepathic powers? Most of the instances involving him using his telepathic powers are against other telepathics (and most of those showings revovle around defense). Even the Hulk instance you cited is contradicted by several other instances where he's fought the Hulk, but for some reason didn't use his telepathic powers on him. Hulk vs. Thanos, Infinity, etc... Heck, it doesn't even seem like using his telepathic powers is that in character for Thanos. He seems to prefer brawling more than anything, and it's even been shown that he enjoys taking hits.

No Caption Provided

So if you really wanted to play the consistency card... I think you get my point.

"Doesn't really work like that superior durability does not mean he is immune to it. But this isn't an avenue I want to pursue and since you have shown that Gokent has resistance to this."

That's exactly how it would work. If Thanos never utilized his matter manipulation to effect someone as durable as Gokent, then why would we assume he could?

Why Gokent wins:

First off, I think I've made it pretty clear that Gokent is faster than Thanos. Matter of fact, Thanos would be a statue to Gokent. Gokent could just dozens of hits on Thanos before he's even thought to blink. This also means that Gokent would be able to dodge all of Thanos's hits (casually). That's also not taking into account that Gokent could use his ice breath to slow Thanos even further.

Gokent has enough damage output to harm Thanos. If we ignore Goku's ki based strikes bypassing ki based durability (which withstood a planet destroying attack), then he'd still be able to dish out planetary level energy blast. Not to mention the fact that that was only Super Saiyan one Goku. Gokent can go up to Super Saiyan 3 (if neccesary). You get the point.

Clark has been shown shaking the Earth with a single strike, he one-shot Wonder Woman with a strike that sent her from the sun to the Earth within seconds, and was shown harming Darkseid. And, to touch on the Darkseid thing a bit more, this is the same Darksied that casually withstands planet destroying attacks and took on Alan Scott when he was being amped by multiversal energies (which, IMO, is superior to, if not better than fighting PG Thor). Also note that Alan already had feats such as preventing the Earth from being sucked in by a wormhole with a construct.

No Caption Provided

Now combine Goku's energy blast, Clark's striking, and the immense speed feats of both into one being and you get an extremely deadly combo. This kind of output should be more than enough to lay the hurt on Thanos.

Not only that, but Gokent could also utlize pressure points on Thanos and use his x-ray vision to target weak spots on Thanos's body.

Thanos's energy blast are irrelevant. Gokent could simply dodge them, deflect them, phase through them, or use a ki shield to block them. If Thanos uses an AoE attack,then Gokent could just out pace the blast, or phase through it.

Thanos's shields can be phased through (I already showed that Gokent could phase through energy and dense beings such as Doomsday and Cybrog Superman), or Gokent could simply instant transmission through them (which he could use his enhanced vision to perceive Thanos's shields). However, that's assuming that Gokent doesn't just break them. Thanos's shields were nearly broken by Champion. Champion by feats and your own admission is inferior to Gokent "I agree that he weaker than your character but it doesn't matter."(found in your "additional points" section). Thor nearly broke Thanos's shields with a single strike (albeit, he had the Power Gem, but that instance isn't truly quantifiable). A barrage of hits and blast from Gokent should be more than enough to break them (which is assuming Gokent doesn't just do the smart thing and phase through them, or use instant transmission).

Gokent has the mental capabilities to fend off Thanos's telepathic assaults. That's assuming that Thanos even chooses to use his telepathic capabilities. It doesn't really seem in character for Thanos to use his offensive telepathic capabilities against foes. He seems to enjoy fighting more than anything. That's not taking into account that Thanos won't have the time to think, or concentrate as he's being pounded by dozens of hits and blast.

Welp! That's all folks!

(BTW: sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive. I was having IRL problems and didn't mean to dish them out upon you. Anyway, GGs! I'll tag for votes once you've finished your post @emperorthanos).

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Can I ask to be tagged?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

OK So I'm not going to get into counter speed stuff. I will just be repeating the same exact stuff I have stated in the last 3 posts. I will make one final thing regarding that. With that said here is my final points regarding it.

Intellect

This isn't beyond either member of the fusion, and both have been shown to exploit the weaknesses of their opponents in the past. For example, Clark took Wraith underground to deprive him of sun light. I also already showed Goku taking advantage of Frieza's inability to sense ki when he was hiding underwater.

Fair enough. I didn't say it wasn't something your character could do but Thanos does have the upper hand in this regard.

He has had many fights against people far above his pay grade and managed to survive thanks to his intellect. Such as Hunger, Gamemaster, Galactus etc.

Also, while were on the subject of intellect, Gokent could always use his x-ray vision to target specific areas of Thanos's body.

Clark analyzes alien tech, x-rays the body of an alien, blocks a laser blast that was fired at Toymaster (after it had been fired), and then proceeded to blitz Mongol (so a nice speed feat to add to the debate).

That's also not taking pressure points into account.

Having X-ray vision is is impressive I will give you that but not much help against Thanos.

Yeah he was faking, but Thanos was clearly shown to have been affected by the pressure point (in some capacity). He even went as far as to state that if it hadn't been him on the receiving end of the attack, it most likely would've killed a number of other beings (not to mention that Thanos taught Gamora that move). Both of my characters are well versed in the use of pressure points.

He faked it. You said so yourself. Thanos isn't affected by pressure points which is why he survived and other being would normally killed. I mean the fact that Thanos taught her the move should be enough considering he isn't the kind of person to teach people stuff to use against him.

Considering the fact that Gokent is much stronger than Gamora, (like, infinitely stronger) his usage of pressure points should prove to be pretty efficient against Thanos.

Strength really doesn't have to do with pressure point attacks. I mean the point of these kinds of attacks are to bypass peoples durability and stuff.

Either way Thanos faking being injured by a nerve attack doesn't provide proof that he can be taken down by it.

Durability

But you literally just stated that Clark's feat was superior. Even if he got knocked out, it's still better than Thanos surviving the destructive force of the gas giant (by factual evidence and your own admission). Heck, outside of being KO'ed, Clark didn't even appear visibly damaged.

Superior to Thanos's low end showing. Which I agree, but Thanos has survived far worse than the gas giant explosion. He was perfectly fine after the attack

Although, if I'm being completely honest, surviving a super nova is actually less than the force required to destroy a moon. What made the feat so impressive is that Clark was withstanding the force of the supernova, as well as surviving the explosion caused by the planet he was on.

Which again is impressive but not when compared to the kind of stuff Thanos can dish out.

He took a strike from Thor. There's no evidence that it was planetary. Also, I thought that Thanos had to use his shields when facing off against Champion? I also don't see why planet level strikes won't be able to harm Thanos. He's been harmed by much less on multiple occasions. Not saying that he wouldn't be able take an exploding planet with ease, but multiple planetary level strikes is definitely going to lay the hurt on Thanos.

Thor was clearly going all out and when he does, he can strikes with planetary level. Regardless you haven't shown me planetary striking by Superman. All he did was charge up a punch from space and punched H'el which shook the planet. Against Champion he did use the shields but he also took strikes from him as well so it doesn't mean much. Thanks has tanked planetary punches from several people.

Cell wouldn't have died without regen... At least not against Vegeta's Final Flash. He was only missing an arm after taking that attack. Most of his body was still intact and without damage. Goku's attacks still did more damage than Vegeta's Final Flash. Heck, Super Saiyan Vegeta couldn't even harm Cell, and Trunks was even stronger than Vegeta and struggled to harm Cell. I'm not going to do any crazy power scaling, but that was just Super Saiyan Goku. Gokent can up to Super Saiyan 3. Obviously the power behind his strikes would grow even further.

How did Goku's punches do any more damage than Vegeta's final flash ? I mean Cell lost an arm after that attack while Goku's punches didn't. And sure SSJ3 Goku's punches are stronger but that doesn't make him planetary by any means.

I don't understand what's going on in the Thor scan you posted. That doesn't look like a planet. It looks like a small asteroid. Plus wasn't Thor utilizing some type of fake Warrior's Madness in that instance? Also, the one instance you provide of Thor hitting Thanos was on Earth, and there's no proof that he was utilizing planet busting attacks. Especially since Thor experiences tons of physical harm performing harder strikes (see below), as well as the fact that strikes of that caliber would screw over Earth.

I guess you can call it a planetoid but he destroyed whilst hitting Beta Ray Bill no the planet it self. and Yeah he was I believe.

He doesn't need physical harm to do planetary strikes. The strikes he used against Gorr was destroying a multiple planets around him just not the planet he was on.

No Caption Provided

In that instance his strikes where far morepowerfull than usualy. Thanos didn't tank one of those multi planetary stikes but he did take on a planetary one

But regardless I already showed Thanos taking strikes from Thor with a power gem and warrior madness.

Impressive, but not quantifiable. That's more of a testament as to powerful the gem can make you. However, during that same story line dozens of other characters took hits from Power Gem users. Heck, I recall Thor taking on a Power Gem wielding Drax and Surfer blocking an energy blast from Thor wielding the gem.

Unquantifiable ? really. I just showed what Thor can do when he isn't holding back. Warrior's madness means he is going all out and he has the power gem here. In that storyline Thor was the one with the power gem. Surfer may have blocked the blast but he lost the fight against Thor as did Warlock with the soul gem and Beta Ray Bill.

There is a reason Thanos was brought in to fight Thor because everyone else was too weak. Thor with the power gem is planetary no matter how you look. Especially since he had no morals holding him back

As for the Odin thing, even Thanos can have his extremely high end and outlier showings. Even if we ignore the potential of this feat being an outlier, I highly doubt that Odin was going all out. I don't think his goal was to destroy his own home, and nothing indicated that he was going all out. If he was going all out then he would've just froze time, grew to the size of a planet, etc... Not to mention that some of Odin's actions and wording made it seem like the exact opposite. Despite going all out, Odin doesn't kill Surfer with his blast and he also ask if Thanos would like to surrender. I don't think that that's a good a representation of someone going all out.

Odin was clearly using all his power in that fight, he brought out his weapons for a reason. This was Thanos and he was under the impression that they were invading his home. He was definetly going all out. If even if you argue he wasn't Thanos was still tanking attack from a glaxy buster, whose regular attacks if are even a fraction as strong as his true power they would star level or more. The fact that surfer the guy who chills on Supernovas was knocked should proof this

Surfer can easily deal with Supernova and can fight in black holes but he was taken out almost immediately by Odin while Thanos tanked repeated blasts from Odin land still got up.

Also, are you seriously implying that Thanos has the durability to withstand galaxy destroying blast? Despite the fact he's consistently harmed by infinitely less. Black Bolt's scream, hits from Thor and Hulk (albeit, with little damage), etc... You even said that if we take Cell's statement into consideration (the one where claimed he could destroy a solar system) that Gokent wouldn't come anywhere close to harming Thanos...

Thanos regularly tanks hits from thor and Hulk with no dmage. They barely do anything to him so how is this far fetched.

As for black bolt. Thanos tanked three full on shouts from him plus a T-bomb that Black Bolt detonated and was still standing. He took damage yes, but he was still alive after that.

Thanos took three whole shouts plus a t-bomb. Now lets see what those can really do.

• Black Bolt while trying to contain his screams, shakes the planet.
  • His whiper against hulk blows up a chunk of the moon.
  • And a t-bomb caused a break in reality and destroyed the Shi'ar ship and a bunch of planets

Thanos took all that and survived. So again Thanos tanking Odin is not an outlier. And here are some more examples as to why

no sells blasts from Silver Surfer on a regular basis. Surfer is casually planetary to star level

Survives a blast from the the Maker when he pisses her off. Now for those of you who don't know the Maker is a fusion of post-retcon Molecule Man and Post-retcon Beyonder. Now yes that would mean this isn't the beyonder who was destroying universes. Buteven post retcon these guys where above the likes of Odin. Thanos took a full on blast from her and survived. Yes he was down, but he got up pretty quick and was able to get back into a fight right after. This is another instance of Thanos tanking attacks from people far stronger than him. He regularly deals with people above his weight class,

Energy

Did you actually watch the video? Goku halts an attack from Frieza and then redirects it. The blast then travels to another planet and instantly destroys it. Maybe not swatting it like I described, but the version of Goku being used for the fusion is much more powerful than that. That's also not taking into account that you haven't shown Thanos utilizing planet destroying blast. Not saying he can't, but you've yet to actually show this (and even if you did, Gokent could dodge or redirect them).

Yes I did and like I said he isn't swatting the attack like you claim. I never said it wasn't planetary I said he wasn't swatting which is clear. He was struggling to push away this attack. And I don't exactly under stand what you are trying to prove with this feat. I don't goku pushing Thanos's energy blasts away. They are continuous blasts not energy balls.

Also I would like to point that Goku has failed to repel such attacks.

Now here is a blast by Kid Buu that Goku stated he couldn't states he couldn't deflect. Obviously Kid Buu is miles ahead of Frieza and this attack is multi-planetary, as in the anime atleast it was stated to be ten times stronger than a planet busting attack. But still Goku couldn't deflect the blast. Now this is ssj Goku but he could have transformed into ssj2 and possibly ssj3 since later on he did transform against Buu.

It shows that Gokent can block powerful blast with a ki shield. Calling Frieza's blast "a bunch of fire balls" is just a lame attempt to degrade the feat. Especially since Dragon Ball characters have been shown to be quite efficient when it comes to manipulating energy (albeit, the feat can't be fully quantified but it's still impressive).

I didn't mean to downplay having a ki shield is impressive but it isn't quantifiable in this case so there is nothing to prove that this would protect Goku from Thanos's energy blasts.

I don't see your point. I cited multiple instances of Clark utilizing phasing, and then two other instances where he vibrates his body at extreme speeds (as well as the Flash thing). Him not using it all the time is due to plot. Not only that, but that's more so to do with the way a character is portrayed. Clark has consistently been shown to be a smart fighter. Him using his speed to phase wouldn't be super out of character thing to do, unlike say someone such as Thor, who is consistently shown to be a brawler.

Also, if were using that same line of logic, Flash won't speed steal because he doesn't do it all the time, Martian Manhunter won't using phasing cause he's consistently gotten tagged by characters, and Thanos won't use telepathy because he doesn't use it all the time.

No you showed me too instances of him using phasing. And now you try to argue that he would use it here. He has 2 instances of using it in combat over th 100+ fights he has been in and you are sauing it isn't out of character for him to do. When of course it is. Superman can phase sure ut you are claiming that Superman will phase through every single attack that Thanos will throw at him. That's not how it works.

I never Thanos uses telepathy in character, my claim is that Thanos will resort to it if he needs to. When ever Thanos fights opponents he needs to take out quickly he will resort it. He especially uses it against brute type fights like Drax or Hulk. I agree that Thanos won't use it from the start but if he needs to he will. This is different from Superman phasing. When he did it against Doomsday it was because he was so much more stronger at the moment which applies to the Mongul instance as well. But when Superman fights someone that is above or eqaul him he has not used this. Not against Darkseid, Imperiex, Konvict etc. Which is why claiming that he will use in this instance because he used it twice before seems totally out of character for Superman.

Eh... I'm still not to sure on this. A number of characters have withstood Thanos's energy blast in the past, and nothing indicated that he was holding back in any of those instances. Not only that, but Cancerverse Hulk didn't even seem that impressive. All I recall is him taking a blast from Quasar, and then getting putdown by a seizure caused by a telepathic dog. Heck, there's nothing to even suggest that the Cancervese followed the same chronology as the 616. I think you maybe stretching it a bit with that showing.

In the past but Thanos currently is a lot stronger. In the Cancerverse he had a death amp which is with him even now. Infact now Thanos is a lot stronger and commands Death's army. So using past instances doesn't work. And yeah tanked an attack from Quasar which doesn't demean the feat in anyway. The dog used telepathy to put him down, this doesn't take away his durability.

Nothing in that scan suggest that Thanos hurt Galactus. Odin knocked himself out trying to harm Galactus (and he didn't even come close to phasing Big G). What legitimately makes you think that Thanos could? Heck, looking at your own scans, Thanos straight up says that he didn't accomplish anything other than pissing Galactus off.

Obviously Thanos was never going to kill Galauctus. Pissing him off mean that he had to have cuased harm to someone who tanks galaxy busting attacks. But I guess you can keep it at unquantifiable.

The Thor feat isn't quantifiable, and Thanos probably wouldn't even realize that his shield is broken.

How is it unquantifiable? Thor who has a power gem and is in a state of warrior maddness need to break his shield. Thanos's shield was stopping plnetary punches from the Champion as well.

That's a bit sketchy and a fair point to bring up. However, I was always under the assumption that ki was physical energy manifested in the form of blast and various techniques.

No Ki is more than just physical strength. DBZ character have never shown physical strength on the same level as their KI blasts. Atleast until Super, but that is unrelated here. So agin Goku hurting Cell doesn't mean he has planetary punches.

That's also not taking into account that ki is what a majority of Dragon Ball characters use to make themselves so durable. Presumably if someone is using ki based strikes to harm someone who just used their ki based durability to withstand a ki based energy blast, then that person is probably hitting with a significant amount of force.

However, that still doesn't change the fact that Cell withstood Vegeta's planet destroying attack, and only lost an arm in the process. Goku's ki blast did more damage to Cell while only in his Super Saiyan state. Gokent has feats from Gokul leading all the way up to Super Saiyan 3. I think you get the point.

I have no doubt that Goku is multi planetary to star level as ssj3. But Goku's casual ki blasts are not on that level. He doesn't spam planetary blasts in character.

Telepathy

Hammond took control over half of Metropolis's population, stalemated another telepath (who was being amped), and has penetrated the defense of Lantern's. Lantern Ring's provide Lantern's with telepathic resistance.

Clark used a technique taught to him by Manhunter to prevent Arion from taking over his mind.

This is the same Arion that manipulated the minds of several New Gods (including Lightray) from light years away.

All well and good but I wouldn't consider Arion as the best example. Arion powers revolve around magic. His mind attack are magic based not telepathic. So Arion getting past green lantern's ring is not impressive has he uses Psi Blocks to protect him self from TP. Superman even states that he using a spell. And that the mantra J'on gave him was breaking it.

That was a showing of telepathic resistance. Not offense. Also, nothing indicates that it was due to his telepathic powers. Thanos's only excuse for Dragon not being able to read his mind was "Of course not. I'm Thanos." Also, didn't Dragon fail to enter Thor's mind during Blood and Thunder (while she had the Mind Gem). Maybe it was due to Thor having the Power Gem (albeit, I've never seen the gem defend against telepathic assualts and my memory of BT is really shady).

How else would Thanos not be able to resist the mind gem, if it wasn't for his TP. Thanos has always had an extremely powerful mind. HE has beaten Moondragon in the past when she didn't have the mind gem and she struggled to do so here. I don't recall that instance but during blood and thunder Thor has resited people like phoniex Emma Frost, so citing that doesn't change much.

He wasn't being attack in the Avenger's scan, and he had to emit beams from his eyes to put Drax is a trance.

That seemed more like a visual rather than Thanos requiring any

Also, if were really arguing on consistentcy, then what are the chances of Thanos actually choosing to use his telepathic powers? Most of the instances involving him using his telepathic powers are against other telepathics (and most of those showings revovle around defense). Even the Hulk instance you cited is contradicted by several other instances where he's fought the Hulk, but for some reason didn't use his telepathic powers on him. Hulk vs. Thanos, Infinity, etc... Heck, it doesn't even seem like using his telepathic powers is that in character for Thanos. He seems to prefer brawling more than anything, and it's even been shown that he enjoys taking hits.

That same argument applies to Superman. If he is going to phase to every attack then Thanos will be forced to resort to tp. With that said I stated in my first post that this will be his fall back plan rather than his go to move. Thanos will start with brawling and energy blasts because that is how he fights. However should the fight, it is in Thanos's nature to find other ways to win. He has done this several times in the past, even if it mean just BFRing his opponents or just tricking them. If Thanos needs to use TP then he will.

Why speed-blitz won't give Gokent the win(For the Voters)

OK for this section. I'm not going to discuss whether or Thanos can't be blitz or not. We will assume that he can be blitz. I will state why speed blitzing isn't enough to beat Thanos.

So firstly lets look at the two instances that TMWQ has mentioned.

The fight with Eros. Here is the full fight

Eros blitz Thanos initially but the end result is that Thanos tags him and takes him. Then lets his minions finish him off. But here is the first instance of speedblitz against Thanos and it fails.

Next is the fight with the Runner. Now here I will admit the Runner did blitz Thanos but that doesn't apply to Gokent in anyway. For one reason is the circumstances of that fight., THanos was just floating around in his chair when the Runner surprised attacked him. The runner had prepared for Thanos and was waiting to blitz Thanos. Thanos was trying to stay on his chair so that he wouldn't just float around space. Here Thanos is grounded on the planet and Gokent won't have time to surprise attack him.

The second and bigger reason is because of how fast The runner is.

Here is an instance of the Runner being too much for the Silver Surfer. Surfer couldn't sense the runner approaching and was struggling to deal with his speed.

This alone should make him MFTL. Which is far above than Gokent, who TMWQ hasn't shown to FTL yet alone near The Runners speed. Despite this the Runner lost in the end, thanks to Thanos's cunning mind.

So both instances of speed blitz ended up failing in the end. This is what I meant by Thanos never being successfully speed blitz as in both occasion he came out victorious in the end despite the massive speed disadvantage.

Now TMWQ's plan is for Gokent to speedblitz Thanos while spamming planetary attacks. Which cannot possibly happen with what he has shown for either of them. He showed Superman charging a punch from space and taking down H'el which shook the earth. For Goku is that beucase Goku's punches hurt Cell, he has planetary punches. But it doesn't work like that. Goku is planetary in energy blasts but he doesn't go around spamming planetary blasts against opponents in character

Minor rebuttal(Multiversal Darkseid )

and was shown harming Darkseid. And, to touch on the Darkseid thing a bit more, this is the same Darksied that casually withstands planet destroying attacks and took on Alan Scott when he was being amped by multiversal energies (which, IMO, is superior to, if not better than fighting PG Thor). Also note that Alan already had feats such as preventing the Earth from being sucked in by a wormhole with a construct.

OK I just had to address this point. That Alan Scott scan is from the New 52. In New 52 Superman was always manhandled by Darkseid. But let me say something about Darkseid being multiversal.

Now Alan Scott was amped, but the problem is that when he is away from planet earth his power of the green depletes. Alan Scott did not have his multiversal power while fighting Darkseid, as his power was crumbling because his Earth was dieing.

No Caption Provided

His power was severely weakened.

On top of that during Earth 2: Worlds End(Where Alan Scott was amped with multiversal Green) Darkseid was getting his eyes gouged out by super girl and had trouble with Val Zod.

No Caption Provided

Supergirl with no amps made him bleed. And that's more than new 52 superman did to him in their battles.

Now he did punch Darkseid with a lot of power.(The punch which you showed) But that wasn't with his multiversal power. This was just him channeling all the different avatars of Earth 2. Which is stated prior to the punch.

This is what happened prior to the punch you showed. He came to peace with himself and used the power of all of the Earth's avatars. And then punched Darkseid. This is not multiversal.

Conclusion

Firstly for whatever reason most of your Goku feats were limited to Cell saga for some reason and then tried to scale him to SSJ3 but while ssj3 Goku is stronger, power scaling to what he can do at that level is a bit sketchy. While we know he is stronger we don't exalty to know to the extent, meaning if he could destroy planets before we can just assume he can destroy suns now, when there has been no evidence of it.

1. You have already conceded the strength argument. Thanos is easily superior in this regard.
  2. Speed is in your favor. I admit it but I have made argument for why Thanos can't be speedblitz and that even if does, your character won't be able to beat him.
  3. Thanos is just a level above in durability, he can and will tank everything Gokent can throw at him. Gokent can use planetary attacks but he cannot spam them at immense speeds like you claim he can do. It takes Goku some time to charge up a planetary attack and Clark doesn't hit with such constantly
  4. If Gokent is going to phase through every attack like you claim, I see no reason why Thanos won't just TP him. While both are out of character Thanos has used it in more instances and is more likely to use due to his nature and character.
  5. Thanos has injured Galacuts(minor), killed the Maker, taken out Silver Surfer and other character far more durable than Gokent. He needs to tag once or twice and it's over pretty easily.
Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

@the_man_with_questions:Think that's it. Sorry for the delay. You can look over that post and then open to voting if you don't have anything else to say.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent an hour reading the entire first page (no skimming! :D).

I'll finish and vote tomorrow. I have school in the AM.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The_Valeyard
Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @emperorthanos as he used more reasonable feats and was more convincing. His opponent seemed to heavily high-ball Superman

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?

I vote for @emperorthanos as he used more reasonable feats and was more convincing. His opponent seemed to heavily high-ball Superman

Not trying to argue you with you, but what feats did I high ball for Superman? I also hope you realize that this is two characters combined into one. Perhaps you knew this, but your implied other wise.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

ET

I've read the posts. Nice & good read. Will provide reason when I'm on PC.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

@apex_pretador: @goldchamp101: thanks for the votes.

@darkbiscuit said:Spent an hour reading the entire first page (no skimming! :D).

I'll finish and vote tomorrow. I have school in the AM.

cool and thanks in advance

@the_valeyard said:Vote for @EmperorThanos:

thank you. But you need to give a reaosn as to why for use to be able to count the vote.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: You prove that Thanos is stronger than Superman (Gokent main strength source) and that Gokent's speed won't be that much of a problem. I think there's still some other stuff, but I'm not actually good at saying stuff like this

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

@emperorthanos: You prove that Thanos is stronger than Superman (Gokent main strength source) and that Gokent's speed won't be that much of a problem. I think there's still some other stuff, but I'm not actually good at saying stuff like this

cool thanks.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't read it all, but at the beginning,

one uses out-of-context and pis/wis scans

the other doesn't notice and proceeds to use an out-of-context of own, but it is debunked... hm...

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Darkbiscuit

@the_man_with_questions: @emperorthanos:

TMWQ gets my vote. While at the beginning and up until the middle of the CaV i was in a bind and had no clear winner in mind, what with TMWQ pushing a hard debate on speed, and ET having a significant advantagein strength and durability, ultimately TMWQ won me over. His argument for speed made much more sense given the fact that we know speedsters tend to job to a degree by never using their full speed for easy wins (sales, amirite?), unless combated with equally fast opponents. In those cases of contested speed, there is always an indication telling the readers "hey, this shit is happening at some crazy fast speeds!" Nothing about Thanos' encounters indicates that the fight is going on at high speeds other than the people he was fighting being capable of going/fighting fast ar maximum. ET's entire argument that they werent blitzing because they couldnt was weak and fundamentally flawed imo, which one can tell just by looking at other fights where speedsters are present. Thanos does have very quick reactions, but he isnt FTL imo, and his combat speed is far below it.

While ET did have a notable edge in overall power (which is reflected in the votes imo, as people tend to vote for who they think would win, despite OP's and convention stating otherwise), i feel speed trumps raw power, and TMWQ excellently focused on that. TMWQ also managed to ptove that Gokents had sufficient damage output to harm Thanos, which, given his speed advantage, is what ultimately gave him the edge for me (i wasnt buying the argument that he was too weak to harm Thanos at all - respective lowballing/highballing imo). ET did impress with phenomenal and consistent scans, but TMWQ did as well. I do think ET edged the latter out due to having very few sections where supporting scans werent posted, and TMWQ had several walls of texts that typically just referenced previously posted feats (which, as a reader, is very annoying and inconvenient to have to go back a page and scroll down 10 times, then pass up where i generally believe it to be, then look at every feat trying to locate it). While there were times TMWQ did repost rather than refer back, ET didnt have this issue at all for the most part.

I also commend TMWQ for avoiding the power scaling bait that is inherent to using DBZ characters. Many people say they will "limit" it, and then proceed to spam the hell out of it, whereas TMWQ stuck to consistently reminding the readers that all feats his posted were at SSJ1 level, and he can go up to powers 4x that (if i remember scaling correctly). This is mainly what drove it home for me; TMWQ proved that his speed was faster than ET, and his attacks were at least in the neighborhood of hurting Thanos. Given the inherent scaling of the transformations (even without using numbers), that is tantamount to Gokents being SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Thanos, and definitely on par/close enough to what it takes to put him down. I think TMWQ definitely should have at least made one section for this at the beginning, and again at the end to remind the voters (while still avoiding using numbers).

Great CaV, despite my intense dislike for Superman, i managed to enjoy his presence lol.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5b57e45d84a85
deactivated-5b57e45d84a85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: gets my vote.

While I didn't agree with certain points form both sides such Goku having planetary punches, Superman Phasing and the nerve attack argument for TWMQ while with ET I didn't agree with Thanos having Galaxy level durability, or being immune to speedblitz just because other couldn't.

As such TWMQ did prove to me that Gokent was much faster and could blitz Thanos. But speed alone doesn't win fight as was shown in both instances of Thanos being blitz. The whole speedblitz thing is basic cop out that almost all dbz debaters use to say why their character would win. I feel if TWMQ focused on other aspect of the battle he could have one instead of hammering on that strategy.

And ET proved to me that Thanos was superior in pretty much every other regard in this fight including durability, strength and energy manip which would give him the win here. On top of that TP as a last resort made sense and would most definitely work against Gokent.

As such while Gokent was shown to have better speed, Thanos was shown to have better everything else.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By APEX_pretador

@the_man_with_questions: @emperorthanos:

The battle:

I think ET won the battle debate on who wins , but that's not a big deal as seeing how Thanos makes "kalkarot" outmatched. So, this could be considered as not so important point as I'm supposed to vote for the better debater.

The speed argument:

TMWQ had a point with Thanos being slower than his character, and hence blitz argument. He had an edge here. However, saying that "no one ever" uses speed against thanos just because is a weak argument. Similarly, ET's argument that because he can't be blitzed is also a weak argument.

However, in the last post, ET showed that the one instance Thanos was given trouble with speed was someone far faster than the character in the debate, but still not enough to bridge the gap.

TMWQ - 0.5 points. (Had he shown his char's faster than the runner or even surfer in combat speed, he'd have got 1 point here)

Thanos durability:

ET did a great job showcasing how Thanos' durability is too much for kalkarotto to harm him. He also debunked goku having planetary punches. ET showed how thanos can tank planetary punches but TMWQ couldn't prove gokent having planetary hits. The best TMWQ did was show DS instance where Clark could barely harm DS but ET showed better durability feats for thanos.

in energy projection - TMWQ's argument was again planetary blasts, which ET showed thanos tank without damage.

ET - 1 point.

Kalkarotto's durability:

Both seemed to agree that thanos can easily destroy him, with TMWQ's argument being phasing & dodging.

Strength:

Both seemed to agree on thanos' superior strength sp no argument here too.

Thanos' energy projection:

TMWQ's argument here was - Goku deflecting it off or clark phasing or dodging.

ET showed how goku couldnt deflect it.

Phasing was not countered.

Dodging was countered by AoE attacks.

Not sure who gets the win here. I'd say stalemate.

Intellect:

They both seemed to agree.

Versatility:

TMWQ countered ET's matter manip. However, when it came to phasing, ET seemed initially on the losing end of the argument until he brought out TP that Thanos can use TP "if" clark phases through every attack. He also countered clark's TP resistance in a valid way.

0.5 points ET

Total = 1.5 pts ET, 0.5 pts TMWQ.

ET wins.

Is it free of bias / partiality?

Probably. I already excluded the battle conclusion because I feel that Thanos has big edge in powers and abilities. It is hard to be 100% impartial when one character is so much more powerful but I believe that I have been as impartial as I could be.

people tend to vote for who they think would win, despite OP's and convention stating otherwise

This is true.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers