CaV: Storm Shadow (Esquire) vs Jamie Sommers (Sovereign91001)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esquire
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Morals On

In Character

Standard Gear

Basic Knowledge

Start 35 Feet Apart

Fight Here:

No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Alright let's do it!

I'll start with some basic info:

Jamie Sommers aka The Bionic Woman is a cyborg her cybernetic enhancements grant her increased strength, speed, endurance, the ability to alter her appearance, she is linked into the worldwide computer network, so all and any information on computers is at her disposal, she has tiny robot drones that are located in her arms, they can generate powerful electric shocks to incapacitate her targets.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001:

Storm Shadow is a ninja of the utmost skill, one of the two greatest combatants in his entire universe. He's not technically a superhuman, but he has the speed, agility, and perception to toy with bullets and fight superhuman foes. His skill and precision with a sword is almost unparalleled, and he's also effective with knives, bows, and thrown weapons. Although Bionic Woman is superior in strength and durability, I see Storm Shadow's reflexes and skill being key to him getting a win here.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire:

I have a feeling this is gonna be a good battle.

Jamie has fast reflexes as well, she's also been programmed with master level martial art skills (enough so to take out a room of armed martial artists by herself unscathed), so the gap in skill might not be very high, if there is one at all. I don't know how fast S.S is but Jamie's been shown running at around 60mph without breaking a sweat along with split second reaction times. Even though there is no prep, Jamie won't need it, her ability to access computers would allow any knowledge, fights, weakness, flaws etc. of Storm Shadow that are on any database in the world to be uploaded into her mind. It's conceivable she'll go into the fight knowing how he'll fight and how to exploit his style while he won't have the same, that advantage is extremely valuable. Jamie's also shown very high level marksman ship, although h2h is more her stock and trade. Her best bet would be to close the distance between them and use her superior strength to try and get the K.O. Her drone (the size of a fly) would be something else S.S has to contend with. One shock would be enough to (at the very least) stun him long enough for her to take him out.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001:

Storm Shadow has an incredible amount of skill with a blade, but his biggest advantage is how freakishly fast his reflexes are. This is a guy who dodges bullets, lasers, homing tasers, rockets, chaingun fire, Snake Eyes, and pretty much everything else under the sun. He's pretty near impossible to tag, and he's good enough to make you pay for missing.

He doesn't just get out of the way of things, though, he tracks them so easily he can catch or deflect most anything you throw at him. Knives, Arrows, Bullets... Don't phase him at all.

Seeing as he can deflect multiple bullets while carrying on a conversation, I don't see him having any trouble destroying the drone.

Storm Shadow has no running feats to match Jamie's 60 MPH, but he tangles with and often beats Snake Eyes, who's run down a speeding motorcycle from behind.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Bump for a cool debate!

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Those are some pretty impressive showings. Jamie is no slouch when it comes to reaction time; here's her analyzing a situation in slow motion and dodging a sniper round and explosion.

Here are a couple showing her durability, strength and fighting ability (scans may be out of order).

I think an argument can be made for Jamie holding her own against S.S in the speed department, and I think she can more than hold her own in h2h.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Bump Bump Badump

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001 said:

Jamie is no slouch when it comes to reaction time; here's her analyzing a situation in slow motion and dodging a sniper round and explosion.

The first one is a very good showing, but in the second scan it looks to me like the sniper was trying to shoot that gas tank thing in order to make it explode. Do you know the context of the scan?

Here are a couple showing her durability, strength and fighting ability (scans may be out of order).

Very impressive stuff. In strength she seems to have SS beat, and durability as well. Her speed is good, too, although I didn't see any reflex feats on Storm Shadow's level. But a very impressive battle, nonetheless.

I think she can more than hold her own in h2h.

Beating up 20 martial artists is very impressive, but Storm Shadow has similar feats. Here he is vs a roomful of ninjas:

In addition to his ability to repeatedly and easily handle large groups of Cobra soldiers and teams of GI Joes, he has a very good track record against other extremely skilled opponents. Here's one of his fights with Snake Eyes, showcasing his agility and skill:

He's an extremely quick and agile fighter, and he'll be very difficult to land hits on. With his swords, he should be able to get through Jamie's durability and get a win.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Okay, here is the entire sequence leading to that explosion:

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Still seems inconclusive. Without knowing who the shooter is, I really don't know if Jamie was the target or not.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Okay so how about we say that even though the bullet dodge itself is questionable the reaction to it and explosion dodge is not, does that sound fair?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Yeah, we can go with that. But even if the bullet dodge is legit, Storm Shadow has feats to top it, as I've shown in my earlier posts. His reflexes are ridiculous.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Esquire: Okay I'll concede the speed edge to Storm Shadow. Jamie doesn't have many greater showings than that in speed.

Now given Storm Shadow's extensive career and her computer hacking ability I think it's fairly reasonable to say Jamie can find some advanced intel on him and the way he fights, that could at the very least help mitigate her speed disadvantage.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001 said:

@Esquire: Okay I'll concede the speed edge to Storm Shadow. Jamie doesn't have many greater showings than that in speed.

Now given Storm Shadow's extensive career and her computer hacking ability I think it's fairly reasonable to say Jamie can find some advanced intel on him and the way he fights, that could at the very least help mitigate her speed disadvantage.

True, but even an intimate knowledge of his fighting style won't necessarily give Jamie the win. Snake Eyes trained with Storm Shadow for years and knows him better than anyone, but Tommy can still beat Snake Eyes.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Esquire

@Sovereign91001: Jamie's durability won't help much against Storm Shadow. He cuts through metal rifles without issue, and he's able to decimate multiple superhuman robots with absolute ease: