CaV: Spider-Man (GothamCiti) vs Spider-Man 2099 (blackspidey2099)

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GothamCiti
Peter Parker represented by GothamCiti
Peter Parker represented by GothamCiti
No Caption Provided

Miguel O'Hara represented by blackspidey2099
Miguel O'Hara represented by blackspidey2099

Rules:

• Both combatants will fight in character but are determined to win.
  • Neither side gets prep but retain their prior knowledge of their abilities.
  • Spider-Man is from Earth-616 with standard capabilities and gear.
  • Spider-Man 2099 has his current upgraded UMF armor and is composite with classic and modern feats.
  • Both start 20 ft away.
  • Win by Incapacitation, KO, or Death.

Challenge A Viner Rules:

• Do not start extra arguments, post unnecessary scans/videos or interfere in the debate itself in any way. If you wish to inform either of us on anything important or correct us on a point, send us a private message.
  • If any of the above is excessively broken, we may request a mod to assist.
  • Your vote should be decided based on the debating quality and abilities of the participants. Not necessarily on the characters they are representing.
  • A reason for your voting choice would be greatly appreciated too.
  • Regular posting/commenting is fine.
  • As always, may the best debaters win.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag after every post please

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GothamCiti
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gothamciti: nice OP! Couple clarifications though - what do you mean by fighting in character without morals? And you also say neither side gets any info, but these 2 already know each other very well. Are we assuming they forgot all that knowledge?

Anyways, would you like to go first or should I?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:

@gothamciti: nice OP! Couple clarifications though - what do you mean by fighting in character without morals? And you also say neither side gets any info, but these 2 already know each other very well. Are we assuming they forgot all that knowledge?

Anyways, would you like to go first or should I?

Thank you. :) By fighting in character without morals, I intended for both to fight normally but without reservations for killing/holding back. And I intended for this to be a completely random encounter, but I have no problem over giving the two their prior knowledge if you want.

I can get a post up later today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag, and please tag me after the opener.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: okay, I guess that's fair, though for example Peter's fighting style is extremely predicated on his propensity to hold back in battle. I'd prefer to have them both with their prior knowledge so it's more like how a real battle between the two would go, but I'm fine either way.

I can also get an opener up either today or tomorrow, so I guess whoever gets their post up first can go first lol.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GothamCiti

Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided

Background:

Practically everyone knows the story of Peter Parker from Marvel's Earth-616. Peter was a high school student who gained the proportionate strength/toughness, speed, agility, and wall crawling ability of a spider after getting bit by a radioactive spider.

After refusing to stop a criminal who ended up murdering his uncle, Peter learnt that with great power there must also come great responsibility. He then swore to use his super powers to fight crime and became the superhero: Spider-Man.

Physicals:

Strength:

With the proportionate strength of a spider, Spider-Man's possesses incredible superhuman strength which he normally reserves for moral reasons.

For starters, Spider-Man was able to catch a taxicab thrown by Kaine (pre-"Spider-Island").

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #609)

Peter was strong enough to able to effortlessly swing together 2 webbed up cars to crush against Charlie Weiderman. He then proceeds to web up the crushed cars and Weiderman and carries them with a single hand while web swinging.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #518)

Next, Spidey easily ripped through a steel door that's 1 inch thick like paper.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #227)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #227)

Moreover, Spidey effortlessly ripped through a triple-reinforced steel door weighing hundreds of pounds and effortlessly tossed it aside with enough force to shatter a concrete wall.

(Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #56)
(Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #56)

When it comes to pure striking power, Peter even managed to level down a building scheduled for demolition through strikes which easily smashed through concrete. Note how he even casually carried/swung a concrete pillar like a bat.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #30)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #471)

Last but not least, Peter was already able to casually lift and smash a tank (this doubles as a reflex feat as Spidey evaded a tank shell with his Spider-Sense). Subsequently, he proceeds to kill 2 birds with one stone by web swinging a tank against another tank hard enough to smash them both.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #320)

Although he normally holds back considerably against weaker opponents, when push comes to shove, Spidey's true strength shouldn't be underestimated.

Speed:

Through the proportionate speed of a spider, Spider-Man possesses speed and reflexes far superior to an ordinary human which even enable him to casually bullet time.

For starters, Spidey was able to speed blitz hordes of armed thugs while casually aim dodging their submachine gun bullets.

(The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1. #211)
(The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1. #211)

Spidey was also able to essentially blitz Daredevil with his combat speed in spite of being hindered by hypnosis and not operating at peak efficiency.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #438)

This is impressive as Matt Murdock was already capable of precisely deflecting handgun bullets after they're fired.

(The Man Without Fear Vol. 1 #5)

Peter himself was already able to avoid an incoming handgun bullet at point blank range after it was fired (albeit Peter's Spider-Sense allowed Peter to avoid getting blindsided in this instance).

(Spider-Man Vol. 1 #28)
(Spider-Man Vol. 1 #28)

Additionally, Spider-Man was able to nimbly evade bullets from an assault rifle after they were fired in the middle of obscuring smoke while subsequently blitzing the shooter.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #31)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #472)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #31)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #472)

His raw speed also applies to his webbing which is swift enough to intercept gunfire such as when Spidey blocked incoming handgun bullets after they were fired.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #580)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #580)

Moreover, Peter even managed to block multiple rifle bullets with a web shield after they were fired and simultaneously saved Vermin in spite of being sluggish as well as off balance due to being drugged from Harry Osborn.

(The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #183)
(The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #183)

Agility/Spider-Sense:

Peter's raw superhuman reflexes are further augmented by his precognitive Spider-Sense which basically enables Peter to instinctively sense and accordingly evade attacks even before they actually occur. Not to mention, the Spider-Sense also functions as a radar that instinctively guides Peter without relying on his eyesight.

(Spider-Man Vol. 1 #26)

Furthermore, Peter's Spider-Sense has even been shown to slow down his perception of time and allow him to think in slow motion. As a result of blending his pure speed with his Spider-Sense, he was able to efficiently evade a handgun bullet at point blank range after it's fired.

(The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 2 #2)
(The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 2 #2)

Via the Spider-Sense, Spidey can instinctively avoid attacks even faster than himself as he is warned of danger well ahead of time.

For instance, Spider-Man has also used his Spider-Sense and agility to instinctively evade the chaotic trajectory of electricity from Electro (who literally emits pure electricity).

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #425)

What makes this particular instance more impressive was how Peter was severely sleep deprived on top of being sick from an ulcer at the time.

Furthermore, here's another instance of Spider-Man skillfully evading Electro's electricity while at peak condition and subsequently tagging Max Dillon.

(Marvel Knights Spider-Man Vol. 1 #3)
(Marvel Knights Spider-Man Vol. 1 #3)

For reference, Electro is even swift enough to intercept numerous submachine bullets through his electricity after they were fired from the Punisher.

(The Punisher Vol. 10 #3)
(The Punisher Vol. 10 #3)

Spidey was also able to mostly avoid light attacks from Lightmaster (who literally emits pure light) by solely relying on his Spider-Sense as a result of being blinded by the glare emitted from Edward Lansky. This doubles as a durability feat as we see Spider-Man survive intact from a concussive light beam which effortlessly tore through concrete.

(Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #3)
(Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #3)

Against Chance, Spider-Man was able to masterfully avoid multiple of Nicholas Powell's lasers explicitly stated to be as fast as light through his preemptive Spider-Sense.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #336)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #336)

And here's yet another instance of Spider-Man utilizing his Spider-Sense to efficiently evade light beams from Lightmaster as well as Dazzler possessed by Edward Lanksy.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #203)

Essentially, Spider-Man can be virtually untouchable in combat when fighting seriously.

Durability/Endurance:

Through his proportionate strength of a spider, Spider-Man's endurance and durability is off the charts.

For starters, Peter was able to withstand a punch from Morlun hard enough to indirectly shatter a car. Interestingly, Spider-Man at the time even acknowledges that he's never been hit that hard from past adversaries including Thor and the Hulk.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #32)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #473)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #32)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #473)

In a rematch, Peter was again able to withstand a punch from Morlun which indirectly broke through a concrete wall and dented a dumpster. Note how Spider-Man once again states that he's never been hit that hard in spite of facing the Hulk.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #526)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #526)

Spidey also directly endured an explosion with force equal to an M67 grenade.

(AvX: Vs Vol. 1 #2)

Likewise, Peter endured a nearby gas explosion that engulfed his back in his first encounter with Morlun.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #33)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #474)

As a showing of endurance, Peter even withstood the velocity of a speeding SCUD missile and endured the cold and hindered oxygen from the high altitudes.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #523)

Last but not least, Spidey was able to continuously fight Morlun for over 12 hours in spite of being tired and enduring numerous tough blows from the Inheritor beforehand.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #34)/(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #475)

As a result of his tenacity, Peter is one to put up a valiant fight no matter how much the odds are stacked against them.

Webbing:

Spider-Man's standard gear consists of his artificial webbing which is a complex chemical with amazing versatility and tensile strength that has been stated to increase in proportion to its thickness.

(Spider-Man Vol. 1 #26)
(Spider-Man Vol. 1 #26)

In fact, Peter's web fluid has been stated to be over 2 times stronger than steel.

His webbing has been shown to have versatile settings including a thin line, wide spread spray, and a tick adhesive mode.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 Annual #1)

Not to mention, his webbing is solidly fireproof (even from the likes of the Human Torch who can engulf his entire body in flames) and can be formed into various constricts including a shield, barrier, club, ball, sticky glue, etc.

Peter even stated a wide spread spray of his webbing was enough to at least hold a 16 ton truck.

All in all, Spider-Man's webbing is a useful asset of his fighting style due its adaptability.

Skill:

Originally, Spider-Man was an improvisational fighter who over the years primarily got by through sheer instincts, resourcefulness, experience, and proficiency with his spider powers.

Eventually, he received some formal training from Captain America who taught Peter how to focus his chi and slow down his perception of time even though he already had superhuman reflexes.

(Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Vol. 1 #1)

On top of this, Peter underwent training with Shang Chi during the "Spider-Island" storyline, where they developed the Way of the Spider (or simply nicknamed Spider-Fu by Peter), a modified version of Peter's own combat style and Shang-Chi's martial arts in order for Peter to compensate the loss of his Spider-Sense.

Note how even prior to mastering his Spider-Fu, Peter was shown to keep up with Shang Chi just fine without his Spider-Sense and was also the one who directly landed the first strike despite Shang having magnetic gear which gave him the ability to cling to walls like Spider-Man.

(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1. #664)
(The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1. #664)

This is impressive as Shang Chi is essentially considered the master of kung fu in addition to being among the greatest martial artists in the Marvel Universe.

(Black Panther Vol. 4 #11)
(Black Panther Vol. 4 #11)

As a more tangible skill showing however, Shang Chi was skilled enough to outfight the mercanary Zaran through resourcefully exploiting the environment and his martial prowess while unarmed.

(Marvel Knights Vol 1. #6)

For reference, Zaran was fast enough to skillfully deflect numerous machine gun bullets after they're fired and subsequently blitz the group of shooters.

(Marvel Knights Vol 1. #4)

Not to mention, Shang was swift enough to nonchalantly evade multiple handgun bullets after they're fired at point blank range without even looking.

(Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu Vol 1. #3)
(Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu Vol 1. #3)

As you can see, Spider-Man certainly is no slouch in terms of skillful application of his powers even before becoming fully experienced with his own unique martial art style: the Way of the Spider.

Initial Thoughts:

Admittedly, while I'm not an expert on Spider-Man 2099, I would say Peter holds a few crucial advantages over Miguel. For starters, Peter has the advantage of his precognitive Spider-Sense which to my knowledge Miguel doesn't exactly have. While their overall speed seems comparable, Peter can accordingly telegraph and evade Miguel's strikes without even necessarily being faster due to the Spider-Sense's early warning.

There is also the matter of Peter's newfound technical prowess after his training with Shang Chi where he gained proficiency in blending nerve strikes with his spider powers in order to counter all types of combatants. In particular, his unique Way of the Spider fighting style has been shown to essentially counter opponents with Peter's skillset during the "Spider-Island" storyline even when Peter lacked his own Spider-Sense. To put the icing on the cake, Pete's martial prowess has been shown to be significantly augmented once his Spider-Sense returned.

Moreover, Peter holds respectable combat experience against all sorts of opponents even when physically outclassed through his resourcefulness and quick thinking. To say nothing of how Peter's experience includes other spider powered opponents such as Kaine.

All in all, while their stats appear comparable aside from durability due to Miguel's robust UFC armor, Spider-Man is no stranger in dealing with an opponent like Miguel O'Hara through his sheer strength, willpower, combat experience, precognition, and unorthodox Way of the Spider techniques.

Loading Video...

@blackspidey2099 That's my opener. I'll elaborate on Spider-Man's stats, resourcefulness, webbing, and Way of the Spider in the next post after seeing what you post for Miguel. This should be an interesting fight. :)

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: awesome post man! Yeah, the OP looks fine to me. I was planning to just use an earlier Spider-Man 2099 opener I had, but seeing how detailed you've made your opener, I think I'll have to add more material to the opener I had planned. I probably won't be able to post until the weekend in that case, sorry.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackspidey2099

@gothamciti Just to confirm, I can use feats from any 2099 timelines right? Because the timeline is completely messed up since Marvel is extremely inconsistent about what Earth Miguel is from and whether he is a future version of Earth 616 or an alternate universe, etc. So it's hard for me to confirm whether some of his feats are for for an alternate Miguel or not. Or, if you'd prefer, I can just stick to only feats as written by Peter David and other original 2099 writers, and Dan Slott (who also wrote a few Miguel stories), but I'd rather have the former option available to me since it it would be really useful in helping me get feats for other 2099 characters which I can use to do some scaling.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GothamCiti
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackspidey2099

@gothamciti: hey, I know I said I'd get my opener up by yesterday, but I think I'll have to postpone a bit to the end of the weekend or Monday night. Sorry about that!

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:

@gothamciti: hey, I know I said I'd get my opener up by yesterday, but I think I'll have to postpone a bit to the end of the weekend or Monday night. Sorry about that!

No problem.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blackspidey2099

Spider-Man 2099: Future's Hero

"I'm going to fix 2099 once and for all" - Miguel O'Hara

Bio

Miguel O'Hara was a young super-genius working at Alchemax, one of the largest corporations in a world where capitalism spiraled out of control, leaving a select few members of the elite with all the power. One day, one of his experiments - to replicate the powers of the present day Spider-Man - was sabotaged, overwriting his DNA to make it 50% spider! This granted him amazing powers, similar to those of Peter Parker, with a few key differences. Instead of Spider Sense, he possesses an Accelerated Vision which grants him near-perfect visual acuity, so he can see objects at much greater distances and in near total darkness. Furthermore, it enables him to see objects move much more clearly and slowly, to the point that it can act as a biological warning system, though not to the same effect as Spider Sense. In addition, he can produce organic webbing, as well as a non-lethal paralysis agent he can secrete through fangs he has in his mouth.

Miguel later gets transported to the present, meeting and allying with the Spider-Man of today - Peter Parker. This comes with some extra benefits for him, such as a job as Parker Industries' Head of Research and Development as well as a much more upgraded Parkertech suit, granting him significantly increased durability, access to various weaponry, flight, as well as holographic projection and stealth capabilities. The suit also interfaces with Miguel's holographic assistant from 2099, Lyla, who can provide him with useful information from various sources (including the internet as well as data from 2099) and control the suit's various capabilities (similar to JARVIS or FRIDAY in Iron Man armour).

After a few adventures in the present, from being an integral part of the dimension-hopping Spider-Verse event, to working to guide his future onto a better path by working in the present, Miguel is eventually returned home. His world isn't perfect, and yet, as the city of Nueva York celebrates the coming of a New Year, Miguel continues to fight for the future as the Spider-Man of 2100!

Handbook Bio:

Enhanced Physical Abilities

Superhuman Strength:

After the accident which changed Miguel's DNA into 50% spider, Miguel's strength became truly superhuman. It should be sufficient to match Peter's own degree of superhuman strength.

1: First, I'd like to establish that Miguel himself is capable of easily chucking cars about; in this instance, he picks up and throws an SUV a significant distance with minimal effort (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 17).

2: Miguel casually catches a punch from Man-Mountain Marko, showing he is stronger than Marko (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 9). While obscure, Man-Mountain Marko is no pushover, having fought both Spider-Man and Luke Cage in the past, for example. In Web of Spider-Man 82, Marko pummels Spidey so badly that he is left for dead and later almost knocks him out with a single punch [1][2][3], and in Power Man and Iron Fist 61, he is able to knock out (a weakened after being electrocuted) Luke Cage after a while [4].

3: When angry, Miguel pounds Man-Mountain Marko into a pulp (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 9). Marko's durability is just as impressive as his strength. In Web of Spider-Man 82, Spider-Man hurts his hand punching Marko, who tanks his absolute strongest punches [5][6], and in Power Man and Iron Fist 61, an earlier, weaker, Marko takes a couple hits from Luke Cage [7].

4: Miguel is able to stagger and hurt an ajustor from T.O.T.E.M. (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 1) who was completely unfazed and not even moved by having a large truck crash into him [8]. So Miguel's striking power clearly exceeds that of a speeding vehicle.

5-6: Miguel is able to hurt and draw blood from Scorpion in his new Alchemax armor (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 3-4). It should be noted that this armor was durable enough to protect Gargan from being attacked by an army of Spider-Slayers [9][10]. Also note that Miguel is able to dodge a laser attack, which is especially impressive since he doesn't have the early warning from Spider Sense and instead has to rely on solely his accelerated vision and reflexes.

7: Miguel takes down a room full of the aforementioned Alchemax Spider-Slayers singlehandedly, after being abandoned by Spider-Man (Superior Spider-Man 31). For reference, just a single one of the slayers was strong enough to easily overpower Superior Spider-Man, and SpOck's best strike did only superficial damage to one of the slayers [11][12].

Superhuman Speed, Reflexes, and Agility:

Although Miguel does not have the Spider Sense which has proven to be such a boon to Peter in the past, he still possesses significantly enhanced speed and reflexes. As I will show in this section, he is more than quick enough to keep up with Peter in combat, and won't have much trouble tagging him. I won't be creating a separate section for his enhanced vision (Accelerated Vision), but some of these feats do implicitly rely on Miguel's use of his accelerated vision, just like many of Peter's reaction feats implicitly rely on his Spider Sense.

1 - 2: Just a showcase of Miguel's amazing agility, as he completely obliterates the "Ninja USA" course record, despite trained athletes not being able to even complete the course (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 1).

3: Miguel dodges a laser beam attack (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 3).

4: Miguel dodges and maneuvers around a barrage of future machine gun fire after it was fired (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 9).

5 - 6: Miguel is so quick that he can precisely avoid a laser in such a way that it appears he was hit (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 9).

7: Miguel catches Peter by surprise with a chokehold, right after waking up from a coma (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 2).

8: Miguel is able to catch Peter in a chokehold again, moving too quickly for Peter to avoid the attack even though his Spider Sense was activated (Superior Spider-Man 31).

Although I think I'll leave it at here for now, Miguel also has plenty more feats of dodging lasers (since they are used much more frequently in 2099), as well as attacks such as electricity/lightning from Electro 2099. However, I think the selection of feats I've put up above is a good enough starter pack to showcase Miguel's speed. I want to conclude this section by saying that although I agree that Peter can be virtually untouchable when fighting seriously, so is Miguel by virtue of being just as quick, if not quicker. As I've shown above, Miguel can comfortably move quick enough to catch and tag Peter, so there's no argument that Peter will be able to dodge all his attacks.

Superhuman Durability:

Although Miguel's innate durability isn't of too much importance in this contest, as his armor will be taking the brunt of any attacks he is tagged by, I thought it could be useful nonetheless to go over a few of his durability feats. This section won't be too comprehensive as I'll be coming back to durability when I get to talking about his armor.

1: Miguel takes a hit from the Scorpion, suffering little damage (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 4). Mac Gargan, in that suit, was able to knock quite a few teeth out of Venom's mouth with a casual punch [13].

2 - 3: Miguel is mostly fine after being shot in the head (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 3).

4: Miguel takes a hit from Daemos with little damage (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 6), even though Daemos has been able to defeat the entire New Warriors, including Kaine and Nova, in the past [14].

5: Miguel takes a hit from the Maestro, a future version of the Hulk (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 10).

6 - 8: Miguel gets shot, and then survives a fall of thousands of feet (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 5-6). For reference, a person reaches terminal velocity after falling for around 1500 feet, and Peter himself was scared for his life while falling at terminal velocity [15][16].

Other Spider-Based Abilities:

Although Peter's abilities, with the exception of Spider Sense, tend to be quite common superhero abilities, Miguel's share many more similarities with those of a spider, from his organic webbing to the venom he can secrete from his fangs (yes, he has fangs!). I'm going to use this section to give a brief overview of a few of them. These extra powers (in combination with his tech, which I will go over later) will sure afford Miguel a level of versatility than Peter cannot quite match.

1: Miguel can control the thickness, and thus strength, of the organic webbing he secretes from the spinnerets in his forearms (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 3).

2: Miguel's webbing is strong enough to pull a levitating bike in the opposite direction from its velocity (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 6).

3: Miguel's webbing can easily pull two levitating bikes and smash them together hard enough to cause them both to explode (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 14).

4: Miguel's webbing is so strong that Man-Mountain Marko (feats above) has a lot of trouble breaking it (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 9).

5: Miguel doesn't hesitate to use the talons on his fingers to do cutting/piercing damage to his enemies; in this case using them to hurt Superior Spider-Man (Superior Spider-Man 18).

6: Miguel's talons enable him to cut off what looks like half of Venom's face, causing him to scream in agony (Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man).

7: Miguel's accelerated vision enables him to pick up energy waves which aren't in the visible spectrum (Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man).

8: Miguel's accelerated vision enables him to make out snipers standing on a building which appears to be miles away (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 3).

9: Miguel can secrete a paralytic venom from his fangs which is strong enough to take down even Hulk 2099 (Secret Wars 2099 3).

Gear

Parkertech Armor General Capabilities:

Yeah, I know the name is kinda lame - the armor doesn't have an official name though, so I'm just going to be using that nomenclature to refer to it from here on out. Anyway, the armor, which was ironically designed by Peter Parker himself, will be a huge advantage for Miguel in this battle, as it has tons of super-advanced technological capabilities which can play a role in this battle.

1: Here's a general overview of the armor; most of these capabilities will be expanded upon, but it's still a good starter point (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 2).

2: LYLA, an onboard AI from 2099, is the suit's onboard AI operator (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 8). I'll expand more upon her capabilities in a following section.

3 - 4: The armor has the capability to cast a hologram/illusion copy of Miguel which can be used to fool enemies (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 9).

5 - 6: The armor has a vitals scanner (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 7) and can detect the life readings of targeted people (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 25).

7: The armor has thrusters which enable Miguel to fly (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 2). Note that although Miguel says a couple times in the series that the thrusters can only be used for short distances, it was never shown what the limits of the armor's flight capabilities were, so it should be good enough to stay airborne for the entire battle if Miguel so desires.

8: The armor has a chameleon mode which enables Miguel to blend in with his surroundings, affording him near total invisibility (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 10).

9: The armor comes equipped with powerful explosives known as "Spider-Saucers" which greatly increase Miguel's offensive capabilities from a distance (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 10). In this instance, a single one was able to take out Venom 2099 (supposedly the same symbiote as Venom in the present) who was able to tank free-falling from the top of the Alchemax building (which should be around terminal velocity) [18].

Parkertech Armor Durability:

In addition to all those fancy capabilities I mentioned above, the armor is extremely effective at its most basic purpose - protecting Miguel. It is made of a special unstable molecule/kevlar allow, and as mentioned in the first scan of the previous section, it is so durable that it can't be penetrated by anything short of a howitzer shell.

1: Vulture 2099 is unable to cut through the armor, much to his surprise (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 12).

2: The armor tanks a blast from Dr. Cronos' cyborg body; Cronos is the robotics expert who taught Dr. Doom (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 3) [19].

3 - 4: The armor protects Miguel from having a warehouse ceiling fall on him (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 2/3).

5: A point blank blast from a shotgun doesn't even come close to penetrating the armor (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 9).

6: The armor protects Miguel from attacks from Man-Mountain Marko (feats above) (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 9) [1][2][3][4].

7: The armor protects Miguel from a powerful blast from 2099 technology, much to the wielder's surprise (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 5).

8: The armor protects Miguel from two plasma cannon shots from 2099, which are commonly used against threats like the Hulk (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 13).

LYLA:

As I mentioned above, Miguel's armor uses, as its onboard computer, Miguel's personal AI from 2099 - LYLA. Thus, pretty much all LYLA's capabilities are integrated into the armor. Having use of LYLA just further enhances Miguel's already huge versatility advantage, as LYLA has a ton of useful capabilities.

1: LYLA stores copies of 21st century newspapers, which Miguel can access (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 1).

2: LYLA can analyze liquids/fluids to determine their composition (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 1).

3: If Miguel gets knocked out, LYLA can use the armor's circuitry to generate a jolt that will revive him (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 17).

4: LYLA contains copies of all the files in Alchemax's database from 2099 (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 2 12)

5: LYLA has nanosecond time capabilities (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 13).

6: LYLA has a 360 degree view of Miguel's surroundings (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 2).

7 - 8: LYLA can use her view to warn Miguel of danger or give him advice (Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 3 20).

Conclusion

• Miguel is just as strong as Peter is.
  • The combination of Miguel's accelerated vision and reflexes gives him combat speed just as good as Peter's own combination of reflexes and Spider Sense.
  • Despite Miguel's lack of Spider Sense, he won't be blindsided since he has LYLA in his suit, recording the battle and giving him warning if he needs to dodge.
  • In his armor, Miguel has significantly better durability than Peter does.
  • Miguel's talons will enable him to use cutting and slashing attacks against Peter, which is an area Peter is notably weak in.
  • Miguel's armor gives him a huge mobility edge, as he can use it to fly.
  • The armor also improves Miguel's ranged offensive output, as his Spider Saucers could probably knock out Peter quite easily.
  • Even if Miguel is knocked out, he could tell LYLA to immediately revive him.
  • Miguel also obviously has a significant versatility edge, what with all the features his armor has (including the chameleon mode), as well as his extra spider-based powers.
  • I think all of that combined is what assures Miguel the win, though I'm sure my opponent @gothamciti has some tricks up his sleeve for his next post... ;)

TL;DR: Miguel can match Peter's physical prowess, but his armor boosts his durability, versatility, mobility, and ranged damage output significantly above what Peter can match. Although he lacks Spider-Sense, his accelerated vision in combination with LYLA should provide an adequate facsimile of what is possibly Peter's greatest ability. That's why I think Miguel can take the win, after a close battle. Besides, the dude is worthy of lifting Mjolnir! Can Peter do that?

2099: Manifest Destiny #1
2099: Manifest Destiny #1

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: thanks! Take as much time as you need; I'm looking forward to it.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GothamCiti

@blackspidey2099: Just a heads up, it'll take around an additional 2 weeks to get my post up as my final college semester is about to end and the workload is ramping up. I should be consistently free afterwards though. I apologize for the delay.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Just a heads up, it'll take around an additional 2 weeks to get my post up as my final college semester is about to end and the workload is ramping up. I should be consistently free afterwards though. I apologize for the delay.

No problem. I'm in a similar boat anyways so I wouldn't be able to get a reply up until after April 27th.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hmm. Tag plz

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I didn't forget, but due to irl stuff, I have to postpone by the end of April. Bottom line, I intend to not let this die.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: I don't wanna bother you if you are still dealing with your IRL issues, but I was just wondering if you are still on schedule for end of April or if you need more time to get the post done. Either is fine by me.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I'm just about wrapping up with my irl stuff by tommorow so I'll be working on the post this week while striving to finish it in a few days. Thanks so much for your patience btw.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I'm just about wrapping up with my irl stuff by tommorow so I'll be working on the post this week while striving to finish it in a few days. Thanks so much for your patience btw.

So... how's it going?