@smxlr8: You should probably mention that manga versions are used

EDIT: Maybe also add the characters we represent to our names in the OP

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@emperorthanos- tujohey24 just posted a complete collection of unrelated links in multiple threats like this one or this one , could you eventually remove them?

Also @smxlr8 shall I start with the first post?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rac95: yeah if you don’t mind

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Ok, gonna start working on it

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rac95

@smxlr8:

Sorry that it took so long, I am basically fighting my PC and Internet rightn now (and I am on the losing side...) and accidentally deleated my first attempt before it was finished. But anyway, let us begin

Clare, Number 47 of the Claymores

No Caption Provided

Background

Imagine a medieval world. Humans are plagued by Yoma ,shape-shifting, innards-eating creatures who hide among them. Only a few selected ones are able to find and fight those Yoma. These few are called Claymores, or Silver-eyed Witches. They are created by the Organiation by infusing the flesh of Yoma into girls, turning them into Human/Yoma-hybrids. Through this procedure they gain not only the ability to sense those creatures, but also enhanced physicals. Each generation has 47 of those warriors, ranked after their strength.

The character represented here is Clare, No. 47 of the current generation. As a child she was saved by a Claymore, Theresa of the Faint Smile, who killed the Yoma inhabiting her place. Deciding to follow her, young Clare traveled together with her through the lands (although it needed some convincing from Clare). One day Theresa broke one of the rules of the Organisation by killing a human to protect Clare. Now being hunted by other Claymores, Clare had to ultimately witness Theresas death at the hand of a Claymore named Priscilla after she awoke. At this point Clare decided to join the Organisation to get the chance to kill the, now renegade, Priscilla.

No Caption Provided

As a Claymore, Clare posesses superhuman abilities, namely:

• Enhanced Strength
  • Enhanced Speed
  • Enhanced Durability/Endurance
  • "Healing Factor"

Quick Info

There are a few necessary definitions for words that sometimes will appear later, those being:

Yoma: Already mentioned, the main reason for the existance of Claymores. They are shape-shifters, who can only be tracked by their Yoki. They come in different kinds of strength and speed, but are superior to humans in general. Some of them posess specialized abilities like flight.

Yoki: The energy or aura that Yoma, and thus also Claymores, posess. It increases with strength, meaning more Yoma=more Power (imagine Ki like in Dragon Ball). Claymores can "release" Yoki to enhance their stats even more or to heal.

Awakening/Awakened Ones: Should a Claymore, either by accident or willingly, release to much Yoma, they lose control and start to transform into a Yoma themselves. This process is named Awakening and the resulting creatures Awakened Ones. The big difference between ordinary Yoma and Awakened beings is the fact that Awakened Ones posess an individual body structure, whilst normal Yoma still have a somewhat humanoid body. Here also goes the rule, the stronger the Claymore was, they stronger her Awakened Form.

It is however possible to interrupt the Awakening, either by enough willpower of the Claymore herself or if some other Claymores synchronise their energies to lower the power release. It is even possible to turn partially awakened Claymores back into their human form. Clare herself for example had technically three "Awakenings".

Abyssal Ones: This is a definition from the Organisation and describes the Awakened Forms of former No. 1 ranked Claymores. They do not only posess immense size and destructive potential, but can also turn into a human form, something "normal" Awakened Ones" can't. They are the strongest beings out there and officially three of them are known: Isley of the North, Riful of the West and Luciela of the South

Offensive capabilities

Since I don't know the exact limits of my opponent, I will restrict myself to only use a few pre-timeskip feats. These are weak compared to her last forms and serve more to outline the general abilities.

Take one of her earlier fights against an Awakened One. You can see it shred through multiple buildings easily (Scan 1-2), yet Clare manages to blitz through those tentacles

Only for reference though, the picture below shows the damage from the fight between the Awakened One and the other Claymore Ophelia, who Clare later kills after she transformed.

No Caption Provided

One of her best feats pre-time skip is this one though, were she uses her "Quicksword"-Ability , with the arm she got from Irene, to completely destroy a building with clean cuts

That's it for now, as mentioned nothing impressive just to show that there is a difference between using a normal attack and her "Quicksword". The main difference would be the reach, I mean she cut a whole building whilst standing on the top of it. The "better" feats will come in the next post, post-timeskip

Speed

Now this is the part where it is not clear if it is important, so I will also use only a few examples, all pre-timeskip.

Attack/Reaction

Ever since the beginning, Clare was faster than humans by good margin. Lets for example take this scenario, where she (prior to her first Awakening) is attacked with throwing knives, they hit her cloak, but it is later shown that they never actually hit her. To make it more impressive, the knife thrower could pierce through tiles with them.

Later during that same Arc she intercepted an attack centimetres before it could hit a man

No Caption Provided

Only for reference, this thing can decapacitate a man before his partner can realize what is going, only proving again that her reaction speed is superior to humans, even at her weakest.

To close this part of speed for now I want to present the last feat, demonstrating the impressive attack speed of her "Quicksword".

No Caption Provided

I think the amount of "cuts" on the water surface demonstrates the speed she posesses very well. Especially since she hasn't even visible movement of her arm. And you know what the best thing behind this is? She just got this arm and doesn't posess really good control over it. Also the prior "owner" of said arm and inventor of the technique has stated herself that Clare is only half as strong and fast when compared to her.

In my opinion this proves that Clares speed is nothing to scoff at, even pre-timeskip.

Movement

Now a bit of a different speed category. I will not use much feats in this area, just to outline that she is actually pretty quick on her feet. Let's take her first confrontation with a Yoma as an example what she can perform at the beginning of her career.She completely dominates the Yoma, crossing a whole room before he can even react.

Also, let us look a bit back. You remember the example in the offensive area, the one from the Awakened One who shredded her complete surroundings? Well guess what, Clare brought both Raki and herself out of the radius. With an only partly attached leg!

Now directly to a few better and also last feats in that area for now. During the War in the North, there was an Awakened One called Rigaldo the Lion. The moment he stepped up into the fight a lot of Claymores died due to his speed, which allowed him to zip all around the plaza to kill them . As you can also see, Clares attempt at stopping him only resulted in her getting slapped away .

Yet on the second instance she is able to blitz his arm off by letting her legs awaken. Also a nice demonstration of the power difference between a normal and an Awakened Claymore.

In the following confrontation, Clare demonstrates that she now has the speed to actually still tag Rigaldo, despite him going for a dodge. You can also see that she is fast enough to simply barrel through buildings

And that's it for the speed for now.

Endurance/"Healing Factor"

The reason I put the "Healing Factor" in quotations is simple, it isn't really a clear cut ability. For starters there are two types of Claymores, offensive and defensive warriors. Only defensive warriors posess a "true" healing factor (being able to fully heal in fights or even regrow limbs). Offensive fighters can't do that. They are still able to heal after fights and reattach limbs, but their healing is slower and not so potent. What they can do though is to continue fighting with heavy injuries. Clare, who is an offensive fighter, has shown to use this ability actually to her advantage. Let's look for example at his instance.

As you see here, Clare gets herself impaled, only to roll down a small cliff to her sword and kill the Yoma without any problems. She also explains it later.

A better example would be her fight against Ophelia later on. She knows she has no chance to win so she resorts to this little trick here, namely getting herself crippled and cut open to escape.

It fails in the end, because she held on to her arm, but even her enemy admits that she was being tricked.

And our dear Ophelia herself,also an offensive type, continued fighting with a broken neck and walked it off like it was nothing, stating that only decapacitation would have stopped her.

I think these are good examples why it would be difficult to quickly kill a Claymore, at least for now.

Conclusion (well, not really)

As said, since I don't posess extensive knowledge on my opponent, I just used her weakest feats to lay out her abilities. Rest assured that Clare is actually by far stronger than her pre-timeskip feats. The next post will be a bit more detailed on Clares physical abilities, a few more things to Awakening and will also introduce the Abyssal Ones.

Until then I sign out

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: Are you still editing your post or should I start working on my second post?