CAV: Sabretooth (M_H) vs Kirei Kotomine (Pr0)

• 46 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@blackestnight93: Cause of the PIS involed, the ones I used did not really have PIS.

Hmm, okay then. This was the one I was talking about btw (http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-sabretooth-cs-vs-luther-strode-ils-voting-open-1613801/?page=1#js-message-13149066 It was in the speed section, scan 2).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52 god_spawn  Moderator

I think Sabes would win but pro I felt better in case. I found somethings I disagreed from both parties, but overall I felt Pro did better in some majority of his points. Overall good debate, guys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, this was a short and fun read. Here's my thoughts.

Firstly, Major did prove that Victor has what it takes to beat Kirei (though as others have said, it wasn't all that hard and arguably could have been done better), but still Major did a neat job for the most part, and as far as I am concerned, Victor does win this.

On the other hand, Pro undoubtedly had a steep challenge from the get go, as he was facing a considerable stat gap. Yet he really sold Kirei's speed and skill advantage to the point that I was almost sold over. Also I liked the way he cited instances from Victor's own history to make some of his points.

Overall,I would give the vote to @major_hellstorm, because he did prove that Victor would win, but @firstolympian was the better debater imo. He frankly did an excellent job making Kirei a legit threat for Victor, and would have probably won if Kirei had a little better stats.

Some tips to Major:

• Don't get caught up too much in calcs and math. Try to provide something tangible instead, that always makes a better case.
  • Try to read up on your opponent's character more and look for small loopholes to exploit.
  • In a CaV, always sell your guy's feats to the full extent. I know Victor is considerably above Kirei in physicals, but somehow here the gap seemed smaller than it actually is (though you still did well enough to show the gap is sufficient).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso: Thanks for the tip. I've got other high tier CaVs coming soon, I shall apply your tips there.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: wins this. Kind of a one-sided match, it would be unfair to vote for Pr0 considering he couldn't prove that Kirei could last in the fight, the least he could have done was reinforce speed arguments and have Kirei more efficiently use his black keys which would be good melee weapons for actually dealing damage to sabertooth.