CaV: Rob Lucci (GDara) vs Bang (ComicGirl21) - GDara Stomped The Fraud

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By gdara

Challenge a Viner: The Massacre Weapon vs. Silver Fang

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• 10 Meters apart
  • Manga Bang
  • Fight in an Indestructible Boxing Ring
  • Verse Equalization On
  • No BFR, fight to the death
  • Both Bloodlusted

CAV Settings:

• Voters must have 500 posts or more
  • If you want to be tagged after every post we make say TAEP.
  • If you want to be tagged when voting is opened say T4V.
  • Vote on who made the better argument.
  • Do not give your opinion on the battle or try to debate.
  • Do not comment on the arguments we've made until voting is open.

@comicgirl21

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gdara: This is perfect :)

You can start since you've said you got some time.

I'll be using some anime GIF's and such for Bang, but only in places where it overlaps with manga, to make my posts more fun and colorful, I will not be using any feats or scalings that are exclusive to anime.

Good luck ;* let's have some fun.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gdara: This is perfect :)

Thanks.

You can start since you've said you got some time.

Yup

I'll be using some anime GIF's and such for Bang, but only in places where it overlaps with manga, to make my posts more fun and colorful, I will not be using any feats or scalings that are exclusive to anime.

That's fine

Good luck ;* let's have some fun.

Yep :)

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: wow comic girl you are doing cav challenges again? I haven't seen you doing these in like 2 years!

I'm not following OPM for some time now so I'm not sure if I'll vote, but I'm a fan of OP, so tag me AEP please, this is gonna be interesting!

Avatar image for deactivated-61a94331705e8
deactivated-61a94331705e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP.

Btw @comicgirl21 apologies for the delay for the post, it will be out as soon as possible. My uni work is taking up all my time atm.

No worries :) I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome post, can't wait!

@comicgirl21: wow comic girl you are doing cav challenges again? I haven't seen you doing these in like 2 years!

I'm not following OPM for some time now so I'm not sure if I'll vote, but I'm a fan of OP, so tag me AEP please, this is gonna be interesting!

Yup ;) we'll tag you, it's not a problem. If you'll want to vote just let us know.

I'm actually in another CaV at the moment, feel free to check it out.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jurrian09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

tag

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

lightzero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gdara: Now that I look at it, we haven't discussed the number of posts. In my experience 2 posts make for a good, dynamic discussion, while also keeping the voters interested because the whole thing wraps up a lot faster. Also I only need 2 to say everything I want to say (one to present my character and one to discuss counters) but some people I CaVed have been asking for 3 posts or more so let me know how do you feel about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V at the end.

WizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this pre-skip Lucci or Lucci's assumed power level in post-time-skip?

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gdara
Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taep

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gdara: that's fine. I can do 3.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

taep

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gdara

Rob Lucci // The Perfect Agent

No Caption Provided

I. Arsenal

Rokushiki // Turning A Body Into A Weapon

Lucci being an agent of the mysterious CP9 that works under the World Government, learned the Six Powers/Rokushiki which is a special martial arts skill used primarily by the agents of his group, giving them versatility in the form of 6 techniques.

To better emphasize his versatility let us go over each of the techniques.

• Geppo: Geppo permits users to utilize superhumanly strong kicks to lift themselves out of the air, allowing them to travel through and stay in midair for extended periods of time in what effectively mimics flight. Members of CP9 can utilize this method to travel long distances without touching the ground or to position themselves for quick aerial attacks.
  • Tekkai: Tekkai hardens the muscles of its users, preventing them from taking damage from strikes. When Tekkai is active, the user is unable to move, The strength of Tekkai varies depending on the user's physical state since someone with more muscular strength will be able to withstand heavier forces and increase assaults when using Tekkai.
  • Rankyaku: Rankyaku is a powerful projectile technique in which users kick at rapid speeds and with considerable force, blasting forth sharp compressed blades of wind or "Sickle Wind" that can slice through things and cause significant damage to the human body. However, it has been demonstrated that practically any length of appendage (such as a tail or neck) can do this maneuver at high speeds.
  • Soru: Soru allows the users to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power.
  • Shigan: The Shigan is a close-quarter combat technique in which the user presses their finger into a target at a high speed, causing a wound similar to a bullet wound. It is a very useful technique that can connect quickly and correctly, and it complements the Rokushiki users' amazing speed and agility.
  • Kami-e: Kami-e makes the user's body extremely flexible so that they may evade attacks, float, and bend like a sheet of paper.

These techniques grant Lucci a boost in strength, dodging ability, speed, and maneuverability proving that Lucci is a force not to be taken lightly, however one thing I would like to emphasize is that Lucci's overall power with the Rokushiki dwarfs all of his fellow companions/agents, this is by comparing their Douriki.

No Caption Provided

The above should show you the level Lucci stands compared to his other fellow agents.

However what if I told you there is a technique that surpasses all the other techniques combined?

• Rokuogan: A move that so far has only been utilized by Rob Lucci, the user focuses their physical strength in front of the target to launch a devastating shock wave in a forward direction, capable of bypassing the defenses of a rubber human like Monkey D. Luffy, who is highly resistant to blunt strikes under normal circumstances, and inflicting massive internal injuries. Lucci is constantly depicted panting after using it, therefore it's only utilized in severe situations.

Devil Fruit: Neko Neko No Mi Model: Leopard // A Furry Beast

The Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Leopard: a Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows its user to transform into a leopard hybrid and a full leopard at will, making the user a Leopard Human, it was eaten by Rob Lucci.

No Caption Provided

According to Lucci, the fruit's main power is that its users obtain increased physical strength in their hybrid and full leopard forms, while their half leopard form is extraordinarily huge because it greatly boosts their initial height and bulk. Rokushiki's fighting methods and talents are substantially improved by the fruit's potency. The leopard fruit gives the user exceptional strength, durability, speed, and agility, as well as formidable fangs and jaws, retractable claws, stealth, enhanced senses, and enhanced climbing and jumping abilities.

Rob Lucci has primarily exploited the fruit's abilities for combat and to further fuel his desire to fight. Lucci makes advantage of the fruit's abilities to improve the potency of his Rokushiki techniques like Shigan and Rankyaku by adding claws to his fingers and increasing the strength of his legs, respectively.

While most Zoan Devil Fruits only enable three transformations under normal conditions, Lucci can use Seimei Kikan to obtain a fourth form. Lucci's muscles shrink and compress as a result of Seimei Kikan: Kami-e Bushin, giving him a smaller and more human half-leopard form.

No Caption Provided

Lucci appears to be speedier and more capable of hitting in this shape than he is in his normal half-leopard form. In comparison to his regular hybrid form, he also becomes a smaller target. However, his brute power appears to be decreased in exchange for this boost in speed.

My explanation through his techniques/abilities should have hopefully emphasized to people that Lucci is a monster in physical power.

II. The Physical Might Of The Agent

Strength/Durability // The Beanstalk Feat

Now that I've shown the basics of the techniques Lucci is capable of I will now take my time explaining the Strength and Durability this guy possesses, to start off one of the feats that are of relevance in this period of One Piece would be Zoro cutting a beanstalk, a beanstalk that later no-sold an Island falling on top of it from hundreds of meters and piercing through it.

No Caption Provided

This would make the Beanstalk Material at the very minimum atleast Large Mountain - Small Island lvl in durability, taking into account that the island (Skypiea) should be Large Island-Small Country sized as proven when Jaya which is a part of Skypiea has towns and rainforests in it.

No Caption Provided

Quite relevant because Skypiea itself looks like this.

That circular part you see in the south is where Jaya once stood
That circular part you see in the south is where Jaya once stood

How does Lucci scale to this? Well during their 1st encounter with the Strawhats Lucci and his group absolutely decimated them with physicals as a show of force.

They did this without using any Devil Fruits, just Rokushiki + Pure Physical Power, proving that the Strawhats were no match for Lucci and his companions at this point, this would change during the next arc when the Strawhats became capable of fighting them in a one on one.

Zoro, in this case, fought Kaku in a relatively close match just before pulling up his Asura technique, Kaku as I have shown earlier has the 2nd highest Douriki of his companions, Lucci of course is at the top with almost double of Kaku's Douriki amount.

I think this should be enough to warrant Lucci being atleast Large Mountain to Small Island in Attack Potency.

Speed // Lightning Feats

This one is relatively quite simple since there are very concrete feats scaling Lucci to atleast MHS+, the first would be Luffy (an arc prior) while holding a multi-ton golden bell was able to blitz a character that is a literal lightning human.

No Caption Provided

And then there is a fellow member of CP9 Kalifa reacting to lightning forming from clouds only meters above her.

Should I remind you that Kalifa ranks last in the Douriki ranking?

Anyways, Lucci is definitely operating at around lower Quad Mach speeds (Combat and Reaction Speed) at the very least.

Conclusion

I'll go in-depth later talking about Lucci's fighting style and just his general approach in fighting, I have hopefully proven where Lucci generally stands in power and speed, I am eager to see what type of scaling you have prepared for Bang, but nonetheless good luck to your next move, I'm enjoying this so far.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice starter

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gdara: nice post, short and to the point. I'll follow up soon.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-61e6cc9d7a484
deactivated-61e6cc9d7a484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep/t4v

MonkeysDkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Taep

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ComicGirl21

"Wind of Blood" Bang

Hero name: Silver Fang

No Caption Provided

Brief Intro & Bio

Hello everyone and welcome to our Bang vs Rob CaV. I’ve never actually CaVed against OP character before, so this is fun and exciting challenge for me. I will also enjoy taking a deeper look at Bang, who recently had a lot more character development and got a ton more feats in the OPM manga.

Since Bang is a background character who for the longest time did not have anything interesting to do in the OPM’s story and since he is a human without any cool looking hax, he is nowhere near fan favorite, and I usually see him either misrepresented or misjudged on forums like CV. This is also my secondary agenda here. I hope this CaV will help us all explore and appreciate Bang more as a powerful badass that he truly is! Let’s go!

Bio (from the wiki):

Bang (バング, Bangu), also known by his hero alias Silver Fang (シルバーファング, Shirubā Fangu), is a professional hero, a martial arts master, and the creator and teacher of Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. He is the 3rd highest ranked S-Class hero of the Hero Association and is recognized as one of its most powerful heroes. He is currently settled in Z-City. In his youth, he was nicknamed Wind of Blood (血の風, Chi no kaze; Viz: BloodWind).

Bang and his brother, Bomb, are the two greatest masters of the martial arts world. He is currently trying to recruit new disciples into his dojo, with his main targets being Saitama and Genos. Bang is also one of the few that recognize Saitama's strength and is part of the Saitama Group.

Where does Bang fit on the OPM scale?

Let's start with this brief, but incredibly essential estimate. Yes, Bang is just a human, and no, he didn't remove his limiter, and he doesn't have any spectacular hax or magic at his disposal... but does that mean he is weak when compared to other One Punch Man characters? Far from it.

Establishing Bang in the context of other One Punch Man and the scale of the series is key to understanding Bang's true power and a key to this debate. You've all probably seen the amazing feats the top tier One Punch Man characters are capable off:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

All of the above, any many more high tier OPM feats performed by the heroes like Saitama and Tatsumaki or monsters like Boros and Orochi scale anywhere from high tectonic tier to low planetary tier, and visuals themselves make it very transparent, even without any prior calculations. Obviously, if Bang can be scaled anywhere CLOSE to these feats and these characters, even by a hair, he will handily beat Rob, who was put by GDara on low tectonic tier (small island) which would still make Rob impressive by One Punch Man standards, but still nowhere near the top I've presented above. So don't worry, I will properly address both Bang's direct feats and other qualities below, but first - This is why the scale is important. Because it almost single handedly, in itself, proves who is most likely to be a winner of this fight.

1. The issue of rank.

First and foremost, Bang stands proudly on the podium of One Punch Man's hero roster as he is the 3rd rated hero in the Hero Association.

Bang is indeed placed 3rd in the HA's ranking system. Is he horribly misplaced, or is his power really approaching the very top of all heroes?
Bang is indeed placed 3rd in the HA's ranking system. Is he horribly misplaced, or is his power really approaching the very top of all heroes?

Now, I'd agree that the ratings can be a mixed bag sometimes. But most definitely, we've seen that the heroes on the very top and bottom are ranked quite reliably, and their position seems to be stable and well justified (For example, Puri Puri Prisoner and Tank Top Master - two lowest ranked S class indeed have by far the worst showings out of the whole S class group, and were ranked as the weakest from the very start of the series all the way to the present day. Similarly, Tatsumaki and Blast, seem to be more powerful then any and all S class below them by to a ridiculous degree, and we've never seen them being outranked.) I see no reason to assume Bang is somehow the next strongest hero after Tatsumaki completely out of the blue - much rather, I think his postion there is well justified, because he is, in fact, just that powerful. This may seem as just one insignificant argument, but when I put down my whole case, you'll see that it all fits together consistently, and reliably, like all valid scalings should.

2. The issue of ratings

This gets a lot more intriguing when we move to Hero Association's ratings. Silver Fang isn't just ranked 3rd - he also has the highest hero ratings (a total of 66 points) out of all legitimate S class heroes, including Tatsumaki! (65 points) and that includes Bang receiving superior grades for statistics such as Stamina, Endurance and Power! Since both Bang and Tatsumaki are active heroes, once again there is no reason for these statistics to be off.

No Caption Provided

Comparison of Tatsumaki's and Bang's official ratings - not only does Bang beat Tatsumaki overall (66 to 65) but he also beats her in several important combat-related stats such as Power, Endurance and Stamina, while closely following her in all other qualities.

So it seems to me, that Bang's power is indeed supposed to be close to the top heroes such as Tatsumaki when it comes to his overall "punching grade". And if I did not convince you still, just keep reading!

3. The issue of respect

Another thing that indicates Bang accurately fits on the very top of the Hero world of One Punch Man are his countless accolades and statements that put him precisely at that spot.

In the databook we read that even Tatsumaki fears Bang, and flinches at his mere presence.

Tatsumaki, despite being incredibly on the very top when it comes to power, and also being self absorbed and arrogant in front of the other S class heroes, respects Bang to the level of actual fear.
Tatsumaki, despite being incredibly on the very top when it comes to power, and also being self absorbed and arrogant in front of the other S class heroes, respects Bang to the level of actual fear.

We're also told that alongside his brother, he is the best martial artist in the world - which would put him decisively above any and all other heroes who utilize martial arts for combat. Two meaningful examples I can think off would be Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai, who are respectably masters of Ninjutsu and Kenjutsu. These two are incredibly powerful heroes in their own right, known for overpowering even multiple feared level "dragon" monsters at the same time, single handedly. Dragon level is the highest official ranking for a monster in One Punch Man. Level "god" was never assigned to any character yet. Displaying enough power to rival or even defeat a level "dragon" monster is a very rare and particularly impressive feat in OPM universe.

Bang's accolades put him decisively above other powerful martial artists in the series such as Atomic Samurai and Flashy Flash, who both have incredible high tier feats of power in their own rights.
Bang's accolades put him decisively above other powerful martial artists in the series such as Atomic Samurai and Flashy Flash, who both have incredible high tier feats of power in their own rights.

Once again, Bang seems to be consistently scaling to the very top of OPM hero world.

4. The issue of hero scalings

Finally, what puts Bang most reliably near the very top of OPM's tier are his direct scalings. Bang can be scaled to top heroes of OPM universe such as Tatsumaki quite easily, without appealing to any convoluted logic. An example below:

While weakened, Tatsumaki was overpowered and KO'd by Fuhrer Ugly:

Right to Left: Tatsumaki tries to restrain Fuhrer Ugly with her telekinesis, but he bulks up, breaks free and ragdolls Tatsumaki through her psychic barriers, KOing her.
Right to Left: Tatsumaki tries to restrain Fuhrer Ugly with her telekinesis, but he bulks up, breaks free and ragdolls Tatsumaki through her psychic barriers, KOing her.

Though she is injured and weakened here, it's worth noting that even while weakened and injured, the same Tatsumaki was still capable of casual tectonic tier feats like this one:

No Caption Provided

So she is weakened and not in her prime condition, but she is still definitely a high tier character that she always was, bare minimum Country level in telekinetic-related AP, giving above feat of twisting “city Z” ("cities" in OPM are large, country-sized areas)

And yet, Fuhrer Ugly was able to overpower that level of telekinesis, even causing Tatsumaki severe damage, proving to be a very powerful dragon level monster indeed. In fact, he is currently having the biggest character kill count of any monsters in the verse too.

At this point of the story, Fuhrer Ugly defeated many heroes, most of them effortlessly, including heavy hitters like Nichirin, Darkshine, weakened Tatsumaki and Amai Mask. As far as heroes go, he really seemed completely unstoppable. And yet, Fuhrer Ugly is nothing to Bang. He literally fodderizes him, deflects his attacks and beats him to a pulp in split second.

Right to Left: Bang makes short work out of powerful monster Fuhrer Ugly
Right to Left: Bang makes short work out of powerful monster Fuhrer Ugly

In conclusion, Bang clearly scales to top heroes such as Tatsumaki and even ABOVE Tatsumaki, albeit her weakened (but still extremely powerful) version.

5. The issue of monster scalings

Last but not least, Bang scales to the very top monsters in his universe as well as heroes. In the recent chapters, Bang proved that when going all out, he can rival Monstrified Garou, this is certainly one hell of a feat, considering Garou's repertoire of feats and his own scalings at this point in time.

Bang fights the main antagonist of the series at his strongest - Bang vs Monster Garou
Bang fights the main antagonist of the series at his strongest - Bang vs Monster Garou

Among other things, Garou at this point fought Orochi and proved he can keep his ground in an extended fight, even though Orochi is one of the most powerful OPM characters, and responsible for several of the tectonic+ tier feats I pasted at the beginning of this post. He also overpowered other high tier characters such as Superalloy Darkshine, or Bang's older brother Bomb.

And yet, once again Bang proves he can can keep up with a monster of this ridiculous caliber. In fact, Bang is clearly even stronger than Garou at that point. Below I posted all instances of Bang and Garou landing a strike against each other - Bang lands decisively more strikes than Garou throughout the fight.

Analysis of Bang vs Garou fight. Bang lands his attacks more frequently, and whenever he is hit, he at least goes blow for blow.
Analysis of Bang vs Garou fight. Bang lands his attacks more frequently, and whenever he is hit, he at least goes blow for blow.

Not only that, but it was also revealed Bang was actually holding back when going up against Monster Garou, which makes his feat of surpassing him in combat even more impressive. He refused to use his most deadly techniques against him, and he never intended to kill him in the first place, but rather convince him to be his disciple one again:

Right to Left: It is revealed Bang was holding back against Garou the entire time.
Right to Left: It is revealed Bang was holding back against Garou the entire time.

In conclusion, Bang clearly scales to top monsters such as Monster Garou and even ABOVE Monster Garou albeit before he reached his most fully evolved state.

SUMMARY:

Why Bang approaches the very top of OPM universe?

1. He is ranked as one of the most powerful in his universe.
  2. He has ratings of one of the most powerful in his universe.
  3. He has accolades and respect due to one of the most powerful in his universe.
  4. He scales to the most powerful heroes in his universe.
  5. He scales to the most powerful monsters in his universe.

With this, I believed I proved beyond any reasonable doubt that Bang should outscale Lucci by a considerable margin, being much higher in the Tectonic tier than he is based on all of the above arguments that I mentioned.

I wouldn’t make a claim that Bang is as powerful as prime Tatsumaki or as strong as Garou is eventually going to be when he fully monstrifies. But giving his scaling, feats, accolades and everything else I mentioned, he definitely is still within the same broad ballpark as them (I showed above that weakened Tatsumaki was at least country level), which should make him at least mid-tectonic tier, in other words, Country level or above. (Please take notice that we're talking about Attack Potency, not dc here. I do not make a claim that Bang could literally destroy a country with a punch, but rather, that he has the capacity to harm beings with country-busting levels of durability).

Now, let's move on to the actual feats, and see if I can prove this claim! (Spoiler alert - yes I can! :)

Martial Arts Skill and Experience

In my next post, I am going to dig a lot deeper into Silver Fang's martial arts and his various techniques, that grant him extremally powerful and potent combat hax. For now, let's paint a general picture of Bangs skill. Not only should Bang scale higher in Tectonic tier than Luccy, he is almost significantly more skilled fighter, and this will be a lot easier to prove. I already mentioned a few scalings and accolades in the section above, and I’ve also proved that Bang is best martial artist in the lore, so his skill in undeniable. But let me follow up on that just a little bit.

Yes, Bang is a true fighting genius who is above and beyond anybody in his verse in this category, and should likewise be far beyond talents and fighting abilities or Lucci, who isn’t even close to the top of his own verse, not to mention, OP is much less martial arts oriented than One Punch Man in general. Please see below a small homage to Bang's skill and experience in the field of martial arts:

Bang developed and mastered several martial arts on his own, including his primary combat style: Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist:

Bang displays the principle of his core Martial Art: Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist
Bang displays the principle of his core Martial Art: Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist

He made his own dojo and trained many skilled students throughout his life, including Garou, a undisputed fighting prodigy, and the main antagonist of the series. Garou was mentioned several times to be inferior to Bang in skill, despite being a ridiculously skilled martial artist in his own right. Among other things, Genos calls the difference in skill between a genius prodigy like Garou and Bang... the difference between night and day. And yeah, Bang is the "day" in that metaphor.

No Caption Provided

Bang entered the famous “Super Fight” Martial Arts Tournament (which is a giant international event that puts the strongest representatives of all known fighting styles against each other) and won:

No Caption Provided

Even his older Brother Bomb, who is assumed to be his equal as far as the title of “best martial artist in the world” goes, admits that Bomb is more powerful than him. Bomb fights Garou and quickly loses:

Garou beats Bomb after a short fight.
Garou beats Bomb after a short fight.

And still he is later shocked that Garou can keep up with Bang:

Bomb is shocked when he sees Garou keeping up with Bang, even though both of them went all out. This shows Bomb is very strongly convinced that Bang is his superior.
Bomb is shocked when he sees Garou keeping up with Bang, even though both of them went all out. This shows Bomb is very strongly convinced that Bang is his superior.

Bang has been already an unbeatable fighter when he was young:

No Caption Provided

And since then, he was training his entire life and “improved splendidly” even beyond that point. Bang is now 81 years old, and he’s spent vast majority of his long life on harsh training, and developing the ultimate martial art:

No Caption Provided

SUMMARY:

Bang is by far the most skilled martial artist in his universe, which should put him above Lucci in skill in a landslide. He is also more experienced being 81 years old and constantly improving, while being already on the peak of the world in his early youth. He has objectively more impressive feats all around, literally fodderizing some of the most powerful monsters in the series, and decisively surpassing all other martial-arts oriented heroes in the series too, while Lucci lost to pre-timeskip Luffy, and would lose to a lot of OP characters even in the context of strength and skill alone.

Strength

Attack Power is surely another key element of this matchup. When two highly skilled fighters clash whoever hits harder is obviously very likely to have an advantage and emerge victorious. It’s in this section where I will try my best to validate my claim about Bang being in country+ AP tier, despite being a human, and a physical brawler.

First, let’s just say that it goes without question, that being “just a human” means very little in the One Punch Universe. Saitama is technically human too, so are powerhouses such as Darkshine, speedsters such as Flashy Flash, or even Garou prior to his transformations. In One Punch Man, limitations of human body are far beyond what we would call “human level” in most fictional universes, comics or in real life. Bang is a human, but also a straight superhuman, and he has plenty of feats to show it.

Bang can casually shatters stone with his bare hands.
Bang can casually shatters stone with his bare hands.

His punches obliterate even extremely durable enemies like “demon” level monsters, creating holes in them and shattering their bones and organs upon casual strikes:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His punches completely overwhelm characters such as “Red” version of Garou, that at that point have casually tanked countless attacks from many S class heroes such as Tank Top Master, Metal Bat, Genos, Watchdog man and others… and even survived casual smacks from Saitama.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Bang punches Garou so hard, that he creates a minor earthquake with his punch, just as collateral damage, and forced Garou to admit that he has never felt such strength from any character before, and that he is about to die.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here Bang jumps on a massive easily multi-thousand boulder, making it bounce up as if he just stomped on a soccer ball.

No Caption Provided

But that’s just the taste of Bang’s feats. Now let’s see Bang’s top feats that solidify his Country level AP. And these are feats against by far most powerful beings in the series, high tier dragon level monsters:

Here’sBang inflicting damage on Overgrown Rover, to the point of temporarily knocking him out. He shares this feat with Bomb, but being stronger one of the two brothers, more than half of the force created here should be attributed directly to Bang.

No Caption Provided

When Rover regains consciousness, he is in such state of shock that he obeys Bang’s command to “sit” and loses all of his killer instincts.

The unbeatable
The unbeatable "Overgrown Rover" listens to Bang's order and "sits" after he gives it a beating.

This is a particularly powerful feat, considering Rover was able to tank a major punch from Saitama with very similar effects (brief KO), that shook entire country sized underground of Z city as collateral. This feat strongly supports Bang’s AP that I suggested (Country level):

Rover survives a punch from Saitama (with a brief KO, very similarly to how he took Bang's attack) that is strong enough to shake the entire underground of Z city (easily a Country level punch)

Here’s Bang casually beating up two more powerful dragon level monsters at the same time, Fuhrer Ugly and Gums. Both of these monsters survived Tatsumaki’s spear of light attack and her twisting the entire country sized region with her telekinesis. Fuhrer Ugly, like I mentioned in prior sections, also overpowered Tatsumaki directly, so once again, this strongly supports Bang being bare minimum Country level:

Bang fights and easily handles two powerful dragon level monsters at the same time - Gums and Fuhrer Ugly. Both of them had enough durability to survive powerful attacks of Tatsumaki and other heroes up until this point with no damage at all.

This has to be my favorite feat: Bang is shattering the carapace of Elder Centipede with a punch. Once again, he shares this feat with his brother Bomb, but more than half of the forced produced here should be still apply directly to his credit:

No Caption Provided

Another feat of particular value – Elder Centipede survived an attack from Blast in the past, and Saitama needed to throw a “serious punch” its direction to kill it. Elder Centipede was able to completely no sell energy attacks from Genos and Metal Knight without a scratch too:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Genos and Metal Knight have the most advanced and powerful energy projection based weapons in the series. Just one upgrate from now Genos will be going toe to toe against God-empowered, fused Psykos with his energy beams, and she can slice a chunk of the planet off with her energy beams! Even at the beginning of the series Genos was already capable of mountain busting feats too.

Meanwhile Metal Knight was always ahead of Genos when it comes to his technology. Genos perceives his firepower as absolutely horrifying in comparison to his own.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So just to put it in the full context:

Bang's punch shattered a carapace that could withstand the most powerful nuclear warheads and the most advanced energy beams in the world. I think this could be easily argued to be above a Country level feat, but since I don't think Bang needs to be stronger to beat Lucci, I'm just going to give this massive feat a lowball treatment and say that this feat should very VERY confidently cement Bang's strength as being on the Country busting tier.

SUMMARY:

Bangs on-panel feats clearly match the conclusion I made in the scaling section, calling out Bang to be at least Country level in his Attack Potency. Bang is massively superhuman when it comes to his strength, consistently displaying enough muscle power to both damage some of the most durable beings in his universe and perform casual environmental feats of high tier superhuman strength. He should comfortably outmuscle Lucci in the contest of sheer muscle, and by a considerable margin at that.

Durability

Well, this will be short. Since I already showed above that Bang, despite being a physical fighter, is capable of throwing Country busting punches around without his fists exploding, his durability should obviously match his attack potency. But just for the sake of giving Bang the credit that he's due, let's back that up with some high tier durability feats:

Bang takes a punch from powerful "dragon level" alien Melzargard and walks it off with no damage:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Melzargard can one shot a lower rank hero on the S class level:

And one shot monsters on the level of Deep Sea King.

Bang can tank hits from even stronger monsters, such as Monster Garou:

No Caption Provided

Garou, even before entering his complete monster state, was already strong enough to compete against Orochi, one of the most powerful character in the series (It was Orochi who was capable of tearing Earth's core apart in one of the first graphics that I posted)

No Caption Provided

SUMMARY:

Bang is a physical fighter, so his durability has to match his attack potency by default. Still I've presented a handful of feats above to back this up if anyone had any doubts. Bang can tank attacks from some of the most powerful dragon+ level monsters in the series without slowing down, so I don't think it's reasonable to think Lucci can ever be capable of harming him with his attacks.

SPEED

So far Bang seems to be dwarfing Lucci in every possible category - he is stronger, more durable, more skilled... but all of this can still be argued to be insufficient if he lacks the speed to keep up. This is why speed section is so important, and I'm going to spend a moment here, proving Bang has what it takes to not just match, but surpass Rob in this quality as well.

Bang rescues a fellow hero from a demon level monster, casually moving at vastly superhuman speeds.
Bang rescues a fellow hero from a demon level monster, casually moving at vastly superhuman speeds.

Bang is definitely one of the fastest characters in the series, and when it comes to heroes, he may just be the fastest of them all, with the only exception being Saitama.

Take a look at this feat, when Bang faces an entire army of monsters, including a powerful monster Do-S:

No Caption Provided

1. Do-S takes a whip swing at Fubuki.

2. Bang looks at Fubuki and realizes she will not be capable of intercepting the whip in time.

3. Bang starts moving before whip ever lands.

4. Bang blocks the whip, takes it away from Do-S, wraps her in it, and carefully KO's every single member of her monster army without killing any of them - all of this happens in an instant so brief, Do-S did not see what happened at all. She "didn't even see him move."

Do-S is fast enough to fight against the likes of Amai Mask and Iaian, who is a decent speedster in his own right. Taking this into consideration, that's even more impressive than it seems. Even Iaian, who is much inferior to Amai Mask is capable of hypersonic feats like this one:

Iaian completely statues the bullets as he starts moving only when bullets are already near him, but still is capable of cutting them to pieces and reaching the shooter before they move.
Iaian completely statues the bullets as he starts moving only when bullets are already near him, but still is capable of cutting them to pieces and reaching the shooter before they move.

In short Do-s = Iaian / Amai Mask = at least hypersonic+

Bang, being completely of performing dozens if not hundreds of actions while remaining completely FTE to Do-S should be MHS+ based on that alone.

But I can easily scale him even higher than this.

I've already shown Bang is capable of keeping up, and even surpassing Garou in combat. This includes matching him in combat speed of course.

Now, before Garou ever started evolving into a monster (in other words, when he was still much, much weaker, and slower too) he was already capable of matching Genos blow for blow perfectly when it comes to speed:

No Caption Provided

At that point of the story, Genos displayed relativistic reflexes, when he fought against G4's lasers:

Genos barely dodging a G4 laser, which should make his reflexes closely sub-light, or
Genos barely dodging a G4 laser, which should make his reflexes closely sub-light, or "relativistic".

This attack was called a "laser". Not only is laser a beam of light by definition (laster: "intense beam of light" eng. dictionary) but G4's laser was also shown to be a beam of light on a technical level, when Genos used properties of light against G4 to defeat him and his laser:

No Caption Provided

So without a doubt, the Attack Speed of G4's laser should be considered light speed. Genos needs to have bare minimum reflexes relativistic to the speed of light to be able to dodge it like he did. Garou can keep up with Genos, and even get past his reflexes and blitz him:

No Caption Provided

And Bang, like I extensively showed above, is faster than any version of Garou, especially pre-monster one.

I can even provide a backup scaling for the G4 laser, if you believe Genos reacting to it may be insufficient to make my case.

Here is Atomic Samurai reacting to the same beam of light of the G robot unit. Atomic Samurai is one of the top speedsters in the series, even faster than Genos too - not only he can narrowly dodge this beam of light, he straight laughs at it as it "slowly" approaches him, and then cuts it in half when it's right in his face:

No Caption Provided

And like I mentioned above, Bang should be above Atomic Samurai - at least based on accolades and rankings - but if that isn't enough for you to conclude he should be specifically FASTER than him too - here's Bang actually outrunning Atomic Samurai and other S-class heroes that were running from the falling Spaceship.

Atomic Samurai even comments here on Bang being unbelievably fast in comparison to him!
Atomic Samurai even comments here on Bang being unbelievably fast in comparison to him!

SUMMARY:

In short, Bang consistently displays a top tier speed as far as OPM scale goes. He is capable of blitzing dozens of characters while remaining completely FTE to everyone, including powerful monsters, and he scales directly to several characters who can react to attacks at the speed of light, which should put him bare minimum at relativistic tier in reflexes and speed - once again, a whole tier above Lucci, who was put by GDara on quad digit hypersonic tier.

Counters:

There is a lot more to be said about Bang, especially about his fighting style and its unique techniques and properties, but I will address that in the following posts. Now, let's move on to counters:

To better emphasize his versatility let us go over each of the techniques.

· Geppo:

· Tekkai:

· Rankyaku:

· Soru:

· Shigan:

· Kami-e:

What you've described here proves Rob is a competent well-rounded fighter, and I do not intend to question that. But it doesn't really prove his "versatility" per say. He has some nice mobility with Geppo, some nice durability with Tekkai, some nice speed with Soru, and some nice agility with Kami-e, but most anime martial art-type characters have all of those qualities with or without these specific "techniques", this really is just standard. Just saying. The only thing that could looks unique here is Shigan and Rankyaku, which basically allows Rob to attack with shockwaves from a distance. Most of anime martial artists have those kinds of techniques too, but I could agree it's no longer just something literally EVERYONE has. Still, Rob is a far cry from a versatile fighter. From what you've presented, and as far as my knowledge on Rob goes, he is a decent, well-rounded martial artist-type fighter, but nothing substantially beyond that.

Meanwhile Bang on top of your usual anime MA menu has a wide variety of martial arts hax that make him quite literally unbeatable in a hand to hand combat. (more on this in the next post! :) ) As far as versatility goes, Bang beats Rob big time.

The above should show you the level Lucci stands compared to his other fellow agents.

Yup, Rob is pretty good agent, but I think you'll agree he is far from the top as far as OP goes. With all the top straw hats, Yonko admirals, and characters such as Aokiji, Mihawk and others, I've never seen him even in a top 20 list, in any category.

Meanwhile as I mentioned Bang easily scales to the very high tiers of the series, and he has accolades that put him as the greatest martial artist in the world. As far as reputation goes, Bang easily exceeds Lucci even by his own verse standards.

Rokuogan: capable of bypassing the defenses of a rubber human like Monkey D. Luffy, who is highly resistant to blunt strikes under normal circumstances, and inflicting massive internal injuries.

Is there any proof Rokuogan has any special power of "bypassing defenses"? I realize that Luffy is hard to damage with his rubber-like body, but most certainly Rob was damaging him before he ever used that technique:

No Caption Provided

We also see Luffy gets back up and keeps fighting at 100% after the attack:

No Caption Provided

so I'm not sure why would you imply this attack somehow holds a vastly superior power to Rob's other attacks. He makes Luffy bleed with or without this technique, and Luffy keeps getting back up before and after he uses it. It made for a good dramatic moment in that fight scene, but I see no reason to qualify Rob's Rokuogan as anything uniquely more powerful than the rest of his techniques. There's just no basis for that in the manga.

II. The Physical Might Of The Agent

Strength/Durability // The Beanstalk Feat

Oh boy, we are here. The "feat" territory. This is actually a vital point of our debate, so get ready for some clobbering brotha, because I'm going to take your claims under a microscope. And I'm going to need some help.

No Caption Provided

This is Sticky, my Logical Fallacy Assistant. :) Just so we're clear, he is normal human level in every aspect. You'll see, he is gonna get really useful really fast! Let's begin.

Now that I've shown the basics of the techniques Lucci is capable of I will now take my time explaining the Strength and Durability this guy possesses, to start off one of the feats that are of relevance in this period of One Piece would be Zoro cutting a beanstalk, a beanstalk that later no-sold an Island falling on top of it from hundreds of meters and piercing through it.

I could agree that half of Jaya, which is the piece of the Island that fell on the beanstalk is as big as mountain. Large mountain would be a stretch to me though. The other half of Jaya that we have a map for only proves that it can fit a tiny Mock Town and a small cluster of trees on it. This is how Mock Town looks like:

No Caption Provided

And the tree cluster that we see on the other part of Jaya should be similar size based on the map.

Now THIS is how a large mountain looks like:

No Caption Provided

It could easily fit thousands of Mock Towns on it, it could fit several big, modern cities with ease. Big mountains are absolutely MASSIVE tectonic entities, according to the tier system used on forums like ours, to classify as a "large mountain" the minimal values for both height and radius have to be about 8 km, and based on the map and the visual we get from the manga, we see this is certainly not the case (a couple hundred meters, maybe 1-2 kilometers is what I'd give to this Jaya part in length... in height though, it wouldn't be even close to even that) when the Half of Jaya was falling we clearly saw it was a wide, but a rather slim boulder.

So first and foremost - I could agree that based on the data "half of the Jaya Island" could be classified as a mountain level tectonic entity. I think your argument is lacking to get any more then that.

Most importantly though, I have no idea how do you get from Zoro cutting the Beanstalk branch to Zoro being mountain level. These are obviously completely unrelated events.

First of all Zoro did not cut the whole Beamstalk down, and a whole Beanstalk performed the "mountain" feat.A whole team of characters was needed to cut down the whole thing. He cut a single branch. This alone ruins your scaling completely.

Secondly, Zoro, cutting a branch down, is completely unrelated to the Beanstalk being resistant to the crushing weight of the Island. These are two completely different types of damage, and different materials usually have different resistances to different types of damage. In other words, Beanstalk, being naturally reminiscent of a spring, should be very resistant to something crushing down on top of it.

Here's Sticky to the rescue:

Let's say that I made Sticky clone himself 5 times, and all of my new Sticky's are now jumping on this 3 spring bed. Each Spring is supporting at least two Sticky's when they're all crushing down on top of the springs together, falling down on it. Isn't that right?

No Caption Provided

But look at that! Later that night, Sticky returned to the crime scene with a pair of pliers, and he snapped that spring right in two! Effortlessly!

No Caption Provided

Now, that does make pliers pretty sharp and effective, but does that make them 2-Sticky-busters? You know, since this string proved it can support two Stickys as they wildly jump on top of it? No it doesn't. Just like an axe or a sword is a perfect tool to cut a sturdy branch or a vine, pliers just excel in cutting strings and wires, that's it. Springs can just handle a crushing force of someone's weight way better than cutting.

Even less so, it would never make Sticky himself a 2-Sticky-buster. Sitcky could barely strangle one of his clones, and it would be a close fight too, 5/10 to be exact. The fact that the pliers he used excel at cutting strings is one thing, but most of all, he used a tool to get the job done in the first place. Just like using an axe to cut a wooden block in two doesn't make you a wood-block-buster, cutting a string OR A BRANCH with a sharp tool, doesn't make you a string or a branch buster.

In the clips you've showed us, Rob doesn't block a cut from Zoro with his fist or anything like that. So while Zoro's AP when he uses his sword may be high, it definitely doesn't scale to Rob's sheer physicals. A sword is a massive multiplier of force for Zoro, and this makes your feat reasoning irreparably broken on two completely separate parts.

Let's sum up:

1. This is a small piece of an Island, that can be at best compared to a mountain. It's not nearly enough to fit a "large mountain" category.
  2. Zoro did not cut the whole Beanstalk, just one branch, so the scaling is both too high and doesn't work.
  3. The Beanstalk is shaped like a spring, and would have a much better ability to support an island's crushing weight than to survive a Zoro's cut. The scaling is both too high, and double-doesn't work.
  4. Zoro is using a sword, which is a force multiplier, so Zoro himself is not as strong/durable as his cuts. You only showed us Zoro being generally overpowered, not Rob strickly blocking his sword with a punch or something. So the scaling is both too high, and triple-doesn't work.

Speed // Lightning Feats

This one is relatively quite simple since there are very concrete feats scaling Lucci to atleast MHS+, the first would be Luffy (an arc prior) while holding a multi-ton golden bell was able to blitz a character that is a literal lightning human.

Ah, yes a common fallacy. There is a difference between Attack Speed and Reaction Speed.

Sticky? Ah, there you are.

No Caption Provided

This is Sticky with a laser gun.This laser gun makes Sticky Light Speed when it comes to his Attack Speed. Because, when he shoots a laser beam out of it, a laser, being a beam of light, attacks his target at the speed of light.

Does that make Sticky's Reaction Speed light speed also?

No Caption Provided

No it doesn't. Shoot a laser back at Sticky, and there is nothing he can do. Remember, Sticky is human level all around. Ability to attack at light speed doesn't give anyone by default any other superhuman speed than Attack Speed. You've only proven here that the "lightnig guy" does not have enough Reaction Speed to dodge Luffy's attack. But him being a lightning guy, and using different kinds of electrical attacks doesn't mean his Reaction Speed is "lightning level" at all. First, you'd need to prove that, and you didn't. That's all there is to it.

And then there is a fellow member of CP9 Kalifa reacting to lightning forming from clouds only meters above her.

Nah, Kalifa definitely did not dodge lightning here.She shielded herself in time from lightning, we can clearly see a panel of her looking at the clouds and being worried. She had all the time she needed to react in time before lightning ever struck. I'm not gonna bother with a Sticky skit, I'm pretty sure that's obvious to everybody.

Also, what is your principle or calculation that would put this feat on quad digit MACH, even if it was working correctly? You throw around very generic terms and I'm not sure how do you plan to prove or validate these claims.

By the way, I'm not saying that Rob isn't MHS. I'm just saying, these two feats you've presented definitely do not make him MHS, that's for sure.

Alright. Well, this was pretty short, and only a couple of feats, most of them didn't work on a very basic level too, which is a shame. I can only hope you've saved your best feats for the next posts!

Summary:

1. I proved Bang with his current feats, ratings and accolades scales reliably to the very top of the OPM universe, both on the side of the monsters and heroes alike. This should make him at least a tier above Lucci IF! GDara can prove his take on Lucci's AP tier to be correct.

2. I proved Bang is by far more skilled and experienced fighter between these two.

3. I showed Bang's strength exceeds both Rob's durability and his own strength.

4. I showed Bang's durability exceeds both Rob's ability to deal damage and his own durability.

5. I showed Bang should be at least a tier above Rob in combat speed IF! GDara can prove his take on Lucci's speed tier to be correct.

6. I gave sufficient counters to GDara's core arguments and proved most of his scalings doesn't work correctly.

You're move ;*

Is that all?
Is that all?
ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gdara

@comicgirl21: Very interesting opener but I absolutely disagree with alot of stuff said, my counter will be up in a few days although CV won't let me post large images due to some error.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gdara: I'm glad you disagree, I hate it when people concede after my first post :D Can't wait for your second post ;) take your time tho.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicgirl21: Excellent first post. Very strong arguments all around. Can't wait to see how gdara will respond.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8