CAV: PS4 Spider-Man (Subline) vs DCEU Wonder Woman (CocaColaMan)

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Insomniac Spider-Man, Represented by @subline

"Be Greater"

DCEU Wonder Woman, Represented by @cocacolaman

"I understand enough. That I am willing to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

Rules

• Diana gets Full Gear
  • Spider-Man gets all Web Types.
  • In Character
  • No Prep / Knowledge
  • Standard Win Conditions

NEW YORK CITY
NEW YORK CITY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tag meh

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

Will this one actually finish?

If so t4v

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cocacolaman  Moderator
No Caption Provided

DIANA OF THEMYSCIRA

Diana, the Wonder Woman, Daughter of Zeus, is an Amazonian prodigy with some insane skill and outstanding physicals, not to mention some prestigious weaponry. She has fought with everything from thugs to War Gods to mindless alien monstrosities. Here, I don't really know much about my opponent's client, so rather than show anything for direct comparisons, I plan to pull from Wonder Woman's deep basin of impressive feats and emphasize how powerful she truly is.

Gear

See, with Wonder Woman, her gear is most of what makes her in most high tier battles, so they ought to be the foundation on which I build my argument. Diana has a versatile arsenal, and thus, numerous options for how to attack and defend herself.

• Lasso of Hestia
  • Sword of Athena
  • Bracelets of Submission
  • Eagle Shield

The most infamous of these is, by far, the Sword of Athena. Since this is in character, Diana won't be bisecting Spidey or anything, but I figure it will be useful in keeping Peter's webs from being too big of a problem. This sword was capable of cutting a car in half like it was nothing.

This same sword could even manage to shatter a stone head like it was nothing.

Here, we see Diana block a punch from Doomsday (her physical superior) and then chop his arm off. Not only does this show that Wonder Woman can use her sword as a way of blocking or parrying any incoming attacks, but she can cut through Kryptonian skin, muscle, and bone, completely through. Superman, a far inferior being in physicals, wasn't even scratched by bullets that could pierce 2 inches of steel. In other words, Doomsday is above bulletproof beings in durability, but he got his nearly foot-thick arm chopped all the way through, despite his bones obviously being superior to his skin in durability. So, unless this Spider-Man has webbing that is ridiculously more durable than the likes of Kryptonians, I see no reason his webbing won't be cut through.

Next up, I'd like to discuss Wonder Woman's shield.

Here's Wonder Woman's shield emerging unscathed from Superman's punch. While I don't think that Superman was using his full strength here, he was most definitely putting in more effort than he was when he smashed the Kryptonian Mothership's walls, which, by feats, could go through buildings at high speeds and come out fine. I think it goes without saying that something like steel couldn't have done this, and even if you want to be that guy, there's still Superman effortlessly shrugging off 3 tons coming at him at high speeds. Regardless, it's clear Superman can put a lot of strength into his hits, and Diana's shield can take that kind of stuff without even getting dusty.

Furthermore, she tanked hits from Doomsday, which is a bit more quantifiable. Doomsday is infamous for immense physical strength, which surpasses even Superman's bullrushes. For record, Superman's real punches can effortlessly send people flying over a mile and do stuff like this to armored, super-sized Kryptonians:

No Caption Provided

Now, there is something up I'd like to leave up to you, Lime. There's some controversy over whether Diana was using her shield in these instances, or if she just got directly hit. Because if you say that she was using her shield here, then that means that Spider-Man would need to hit significantly hard to actually send Wonder Woman reeling with her shield prepared, but if she was taking that stuff from Doomsday to her actual body, then you'd need to prove Spider-Man is more powerful than Superman to put Wonder Woman down. I don't know much of this Spidey, but I seriously doubt that he's on that level.

This shield also amps up her strength to the point she can do stuff like destroy bell towers and knock the insanely heavy and inertia-heavy Doomsday off his feet.

Next up is her Lasso.

This only has one feat I feel is worth noting in terms of restraining strength. Diana managed to restrain Doomsday, who, as shown earlier, was strong enough to throw a car like it was nothing, and could punch away Diana through over a hundred meters through what seemed to be either rocks or vehicles. And, once again, he is superior to his peers, which would include the mighty Train Tosser himself:

No Caption Provided

If that isn't clear enough, people in the 100 ton range can't overpower Wonder Woman's lasso once it is around them. The only reason Superman could do so was because he reacted to it and overpowered her. Even then, the lasso looped around his arm, so assuming Peter could react to the lasso throw, it could still wrap around him.

Diana knew how to use her lasso. She had no trouble skillfully taking down a horde of soldiers with her lasso, or swinging a whole metal beam at high speeds with enough force to ragdoll trucks. She even used her lasso to great effect against Ares, deflecting his attacks before ragdolling him, dodging his attacks, wrapping it around his neck, and then tossing him.

Finally, we've got her Bracelets of Submission.

Diana's bracelets tanked a blast from Doomsday. I hope no one is surprised to hear this is better than Superman's heat vision, which could blow up police cars in under a second and melt metal instantly. WW took stronger for longer. That's bonkers.

Her bracelets also cause a shockwave from clashing. This can result in the destruction of concrete for several meters or pushing back Doomsday through concrete while sending a car flying.

At this point, I believe I've spoken enough about Wonder Woman's gear. I look forward to your response and how you plan on countering her weaponry, especially her bracelets.

Physicals

Physicals are the bread and butter of almost every high tier in the game. So does Diana's hold up? Well, maybe not to the high tiers, but for a mid tier, she might as well be.

Speed

Why not start off with speed? Well, let me just put this simple for you, Diana is a bullet timer. Don't try denying this. This isn't the MCU.

I mean.... what more do you need?

And as for her actual speed, we see her clearly (well, blurry) blitzing out of falling debris. She's moving blatantly FTE here, no doubt about it. Also, notice how she used that momentary confusion to perform a blitz.

Here, she blitzes and disarms a man. If you go frame by frame, you see that Diana crossed that distance in under a tenth of a second. The scene cuts from her at 2.08, and she reappears at 2.13. That's .05 seconds she took to perform that movement. That's some ridiculous burst speed she can bust out.

I'll close the speed section out with this feat of Diana moving at supersonic speeds, and then this epic shot.

Strength

Wonder Woman's strength is off the charts, but at this point, it's not going to be the most productive thing wasting anyone's time since we already got through the most important factors. Here's her best strength feats.

Here the woman flips a vehicle into the air like it's nothing. And later, she picked up a tank and threw it with what seemed to be one hand. Putting in some real life stuff, one of the strongest people in the world can't hold 600 lbs over his head, but can squat more than that for reps. What Diana did here was literally effortless. Just looking at it, she could have bench pressed that stuff for reps. Her top strength is undeniably in the upper echelon of double digit tons. Not to mention her effortless tossing of that tank with one hand, which would be completely impossible if she couldn't lift well over 2x that much (about 30 tons.)

Her striking is a whole other matter. Her one feat I'll show is her headbutting Superman. This is impressive for two reasons. 1. It made a shockwave. 2. It hurt Superman. For creating a shockwave, that's just how it is. It may not be quantifiable, but it's obviously superior to the likes of the Flash, who never did such a thing when blowing up superhuman parademons. As for hurting Superman, I've already shown bullets failing to do much to him, and the Batmobile not even making him budge. Clark also tanked getting thrown into a bank vault hard enough to dent it and a combo from General Zod, not to mention no selling a lot of energy. Diana's headbutt here should prove her striking's effectiveness.

Durability

Wonder Woman is tough.

I already mentioned how, if Lime admits to Diana being durable enough to take Doomsday's hits, this is useless. But for aesthetic's sake, let me show you Wonder Woman taking a hit directly to the face that sent her back dozens of meters into a tank. It looks like she would have kept flying if not for the tank.

If that's not good enough, here's Wonder Woman tanking a trip through a tank and she no sells it.

Now that I've proven she's a tank (pun intended,) you can witness her taking a hit from Superman and two separate massive explosions. These should prove that Wonder Woman can take a hit and roll with it.

CONCLUSION

I don't know enough of this iteration of Peter Parker, but Wonder Woman shouldn't have any real problem keeping up. She's incredibly fast, with some pretty good skill and the gear to easily put Spidey down if the case ever presents itself. She shouldn't be too far behind in strength, if at all, and her durability is more than enough to tank a beating. I'll wait until my opponent's opener to make any claims, but if this Spider-Man is like most others, he loses. He just won't have a counter to her gear.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cocacolaman  Moderator
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tag after lime's posts and for voting

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cocacolaman  Moderator

Bump

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V please this going to be good

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes please.

TBH, I will review this for the structure of the argument first, then if they are able to make a case for which hero is able to defeat or subdue the other on merits.

P.S.

If Subline makes a good case I can use it to argue why Batman could solo Spiderman and the Defenders.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Should have the post up in a few days, sorry for the wait.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cocacolaman  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Diana's Gear

Shield:

There's not really anything in need of addressing, it's a very good defense tactic, and it's clear cut Peter can't damage it, though that doesn't affect my argument.

Sword:

Same again, it's clear that the sword can cut webbing, but again it doesn't affect my argument.

The Shield / Sword will be addressed further in the Webbing Section.

Gauntlets:

Once again, the Gauntlets will be looked at deeply in the Durability Section.

Durability

Considering my opponent has pretty much conceded / ruled out a decap / bisection as it would be out of character for Diana:

The most infamous of these is, by far, the Sword of Athena. Since this is in character, Diana won't be bisecting Spidey or anything, but I figure it will be useful in keeping Peter's webs from being too big of a problem. This sword was capable of cutting a car in half like it was nothing.

I totally agree with this, this will mean that Diana will have to rely on Blunt Force / Bracelet Clashes (which are also mainly blunt force), which I don't believe are sufficient to put Peter down.

No Caption Provided

Here we see Peter take a direct hit from Shocker, that sends him clean through a bank vault door flying into a thick pillar, destroying the pillar too in the process.

Peter just swings up and continues to talk to Shocker, and is completely unaffected by the hit, like not even stunned, or winded a little bit (video of the scene).

Later in the fight, Peter also completely no sells the shockwave of a Shocker hit, this same shockwave was able to bust 2 of the same thick pillars (see video for reference), and yet it had little effect on Peter. Also considering that Peter took a direct hit earlier, I think this showing makes the direct punch feat even more impressive.

A thing to note, is that 2 of these pillars were still able to support a large portion of the weight of the large golden decoration piece on the roof, so I'd say they're pretty strong.

These are the feats you provided for Diana's shockwaves:

Diana's bracelets tanked a blast from Doomsday. I hope no one is surprised to hear this is better than Superman's heat vision, which could blow up police cars in under a second and melt metal instantly. WW took stronger for longer. That's bonkers.

Her bracelets also cause a shockwave from clashing. This can result in the destruction of concrete for several meters or pushing back Doomsday through concrete while sending a car flying.

To me it seems like Bracelet Clashes are Diana's biggest form of damage output rather than strikes, and despite this, the Bracelet Clashes don't seem to be far ahead of Shocker's attacks (casually busting multiple pillars with a shockwave, taking a bank vault door clean off it's hinges), considering Peter took said attacks with no issue whatsoever, it's fair to say doing damage via bracelet clashes is not gonna be easy or very effective.

As for Diana's strength anyway, like I said based off what you've given it's not quite as powerful as the bracelet clashes, and her strikes shouldn't be a big problem.

Her striking is a whole other matter. Her one feat I'll show is her headbutting Superman. This is impressive for two reasons. 1. It made a shockwave. 2. It hurt Superman. For creating a shockwave, that's just how it is. It may not be quantifiable, but it's obviously superior to the likes of the Flash, who never did such a thing when blowing up superhuman parademons. As for hurting Superman, I've already shown bullets failing to do much to him, and the Batmobile not even making him budge.

Like take these for example, while decent striking, I think casually radgolling Peter through a bank vault door is quite considerably better, than slightly staggering a guy who tanked a collision from a 3 ton vehicle.

Considering that bank vault doors are made of steel and re-inforced concrete which according to Wikipedia:

A panel of this material, though only 3 in (7.62 cm) thick, may be up to 10 times as strong as an 18 in-thick (45.72-cm) panel of regular formula concrete.

Moving on to the next few feats...

Clark also tanked getting thrown into a bank vault hard enough to dent it and a combo from General Zod, not to mention no selling a lot of energy. Diana's headbutt here should prove her striking's effectiveness.

I don't think scaling to these feats is logical for Wonder Woman. Considering that the bank vault feat had a much bigger effect and had Supes stunned for a longer time, whereas he recovers from Diana's headbutt pretty much instantly. And in general throughout the Zod fight his hits were having a much bigger effect too, and ragdolling him around the city.

I just think the gap between the strength of a Kryptonian and Wonder Woman is pretty evident and clear, hence the scaling isn't the best.

As for the energy feats, those are usable, but quite different, a lot of it is to do with Superman's heat resistance, rather than blunt force durability, and I wouldn't exactly call the Doomsday Heat Vision feat "no selling", just looking at Superman's facial expression alone it was clearly doing a lot more damage than Diana could.

Speed

I believe both Diana and Peter are more or less equal here, though one may initially be inclined to believe Diana has a clear advantage, I can assure you this is not the case.

Peter has faced off against and fought evenly with (much like Diana) high end bullet timers, speed will not be an issue here.

Starting off with the scaling, we saw in some a tie in crossover comic (Spider-Geddon).

In this comic, "the Superior Spider-Man of Earth 616", shows up asking for Peter's help though eventually they end up having a quick scuffle. Both fight on relatively even terms though neither are really going all out.

Issue #0
Issue #0

After PS4 Spider-Man discovers who "Superior Spider-Man" actually is, and all the things he has done (I can give plot details if wanted tho they're not relevant to the CAV at all), they go at it again but on not so friendly terms this time

Issue #5
Issue #5

PS4 Spider-Man does excellently as he's more aggrevated, and manages to not only land a hit but also momentarily Incap SpOck (Superior Spider-Man).

Superior Spider-Man is essentially Doc Ock, but he stole the body of 616 Peter Parker in order to gain his physical attributes, this is where the scaling comes from.

As everyone knows, 616 Peter is a casual bullet timer, take a look at this scan for example, where he webs up bullets mid air.

No Caption Provided

I think this is more or less equal to Diana's speed level based off what you've given (clear cut bullet timing and combat blitzes), as for consistency, he's stated that his reflexes are 40 times faster than a regular human, more bullet dodging.

I'd say it's pretty consistent to the game feats too considering the following:

We see Peter break out of a bola and dodge a blast from Electro after it had been fired.

No Caption Provided

Evades automatic gunfire from large groups of shooters.

No Caption Provided

Strength

I don't feel like Strength is a huge part of this battle (hence I left it till after other physicals) though it will still matter, both are on similar terms of strength, which'll mean that in the event of a grapple per se, both will be nigh even.

In his best feat, Peter is able to lift a huge amount of concrete, and even as another enormous amount drops on him, he's still able to stay standing, and lift it up regardless.

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man can lift and stop a speeding truck dead in it's tracks.

No Caption Provided

He can also lift a much larger and heavier armored truck and re-direct it's path with more struggle.

No Caption Provided

Momentarily holds up a crane that is hundreds of feet tall.

No Caption Provided

Completely stops two moving trucks with one arm each, with pretty much no effort.

No Caption Provided

Taking Down Diana - Webbing

The most crucial thing for Pete to take down Diana is his webbing.

Web Strength:

Peter's webbing is definitely strong enough to contain and incap Diana, just take a look at this first feat for example.

No Caption Provided

The webbing was also able to support the weight of a train to the point that it busted through a thick concrete road with the webbing remaining completely intact.

No Caption Provided

Webbing was also able to hold up a falling rock decoration piece.

No Caption Provided

Webbing Up Diana:

Types of webs:

• Web Bomb
  • Impact Grenade
  • Trip Mine

While Diana is fast, I don't think webbing her up will be a problem, he was able to do the same to SpOck, who as I've mentioned before is a close range bullet timer with reactions on par to Diana herself.

Regardless of this, Peter is still able to use Trip Mines which basically detonate and pull nearby enemies to (if attached to a wall, nearby people are pulled to the wall etc), so regardless of your argument of Diana cutting up Peter's webbing, it won't be an issue when Peter has a variety of webs which can be used to incap without direct contact.

No Caption Provided

Peter is also effective in webbing up enemies to restrict their movements preventing them from escaping, such as against Shocker, when he Webbed up his arms in a position where he couldn't move at all due to past experiences where he's escaped.

No Caption Provided

Was also able to efficiently incap Kingpin, who

No Caption Provided

Fisk is a beast too in strength, capable of casually destroying thick concrete, and is portrayed as a peer to Peter in strength who we've already established as incredibly strong.

No Caption Provided

Gear

Regardless, Diana is not to be underestimated, and Peter will need to take extra measures to make sure he can take the win, luckily, this isn't a problem due to how much Tech he's equipped with.

First off we have Spider-Drones... Peter can deploy three of these at a time and they basically hover around firing Electric Blasts at enemies.

No Caption Provided

Peter also has what are called "concussive blasts", which essentially release shockwaves that'll stun / knock back enemies, which could be effective in giving Peter just that extra moment for a web incap.

No Caption Provided

Suspension Matrix... these are basically just devices that launch opponents upwards and leave then dis-oriented, this again could be useful in creating an opportunity for a web incap.

No Caption Provided

Conclusion

• Considering we both agree Diana will not really be using her sword for offensive purposes, Peter won't have much trouble with staying in the fight.
  • Spider-Man has consistently taken very powerful hits from Shocker etc with 0 issue, Diana's hits and Gauntlet Clashes will not be very effective here.
  • Spider-Man has fought evenly with a close range bullet timer and himself has dodged electricity blasts from Electro.
  • Spider-Man has tons of Gadgets, such as Suspension Matrix, Concussive Blasts and Spider-Drones which will all be useful distractions in the fight which can create openings for Peter to web incap or even just do something like disarm the Shield or Sword which will make an incap a lot easier.
  • If direct incap is ineffective, Peter can use trip mines, and web bombs in order to incap Diana without a direct contact.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cocacolaman  Moderator

@subline: Cool post, man. I'll have my post up in a couple of days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cocacolaman  Moderator
No Caption Provided

COUNTERS

Durability

Here we see Peter take a direct hit from Shocker, that sends him clean through a bank vault door flying into a thick pillar, destroying the pillar too in the process.

That's certainly a very impressive feat. However, it's not unheard of for the likes of Diana. Her bracelet clash sent back Doomsday, who is a tad more durable than a bank vault door, and the shockwave managed to reach all the way back to a lightpole over a dozen meters behind where Doomsday stopped:

No Caption Provided

And in the talks of bank vaults, I introduce you to the DCEU's resident expert, Faora.

(Lime actually made this gif. Just for me! How sweet.)

Faora did more damage to that vault than Shocker did while farther away and despite having to go through buildings. This Superman is years weaker than the one Diana stunned. This is easily enough to hurt Peter.

Later in the fight, Peter also completely no sells the shockwave of a Shocker hit, this same shockwave was able to bust 2 of the same thick pillars (see video for reference), and yet it had little effect on Peter. Also considering that Peter took a direct hit earlier, I think this showing makes the direct punch feat even more impressive.

Fair enough here, but breaking pillars isn't impressive at all. Batman managed to do this after having endured a beating from freaking Superman.

To me it seems like Bracelet Clashes are Diana's biggest form of damage output rather than strikes, and despite this, the Bracelet Clashes don't seem to be far ahead of Shocker's attacks (casually busting multiple pillars with a shockwave, taking a bank vault door clean off it's hinges), considering Peter took said attacks with no issue whatsoever, it's fair to say doing damage via bracelet clashes is not gonna be easy or very effective.

Shocker could punch Doomsday a thousand times and not move him. Wonder Woman accomplished this with a bracelet clash and a shield bash, independently. And her bracelet smash busted a small bridge, which is a good bit ahead of a pillar.

Like take these for example, while decent striking, I think casually radgolling Peter through a bank vault door is quite considerably better, than slightly staggering a guy who tanked a collision from a 3 ton vehicle.

Your forgetting about Diana's shield bashes, which are better than what Shocker showed by a decent amount. And Wonder Woman staggering Superman is pretty significant due to feats prior mentioned and also when you consider that some of Zod's strikes were staggering him in a similar manner, despite Clark's weaker state in MoS, and Zod is several times stronger than Pete, surpassing some of Peter's best feats without even trying.

Considering that bank vault doors are made of steel and re-inforced concrete which according to Wikipedia:

My high school teachers say Wikipedia isn't reliable so invalid, next.

Fr though, being 10 times stronger than 18 inch concrete, when you see Wonder Woman dig her fingers into stone, isn't too impressive.

I don't think scaling to these feats is logical for Wonder Woman. Considering that the bank vault feat had a much bigger effect and had Supes stunned for a longer time, whereas he recovers from Diana's headbutt pretty much instantly. And in general throughout the Zod fight his hits were having a much bigger effect too, and ragdolling him around the city.

Superman was weaker in MoS compared to when he fought Wonder Woman, not to mention the fact he had experienced Krypton's environment and had been enduring a beating from Faora prior to this, which would have made him more staggered and winded. Regardless, Faora's feat is superior to Shocker's anyway, and there's an argument for Wonder Woman being stronger based off how she did against Doomsday with her gear, the same gear she has here.

Zod's hits did stagger Superman more, but those were bullrushes and visibly slower punches. These specific ones were jabs, and were still potent, certainly more than Peter could take or dish, as I proved above.

As for the energy feats, those are usable, but quite different, a lot of it is to do with Superman's heat resistance, rather than blunt force durability, and I wouldn't exactly call the Doomsday Heat Vision feat "no selling", just looking at Superman's facial expression alone it was clearly doing a lot more damage than Diana could.

Heat has nothing to do with crumbling a building in seconds or blowing out the Capitol walls. And he maybe didn't no sell DD's HV, but he certainly tanked it well and returned fast, despite the fact he would have been experiencing that force for much longer than he would have been feeling Diana's headbutt, and he was pre-JL. If anything, it shows how Diana's headbutt is actually more powerful than Doomsday's heat vision, since Superman was stunned for less time by Doomsday's heat vision (after being released from the beam) than Wonder Woman's headbutt. If Diana hit Superman for about 4 seconds straight, you think he wouldn't be in pain?

Also, notice how the ground craters slightly from the shockwave of the HV clash, and later Superman got sent through 2 different stone structures by the heat vision.

And just to show that this stone breaking is consistent with Doomsday, he managed to do this again. Even Zod, weaker than Pre-Nuke Doomsday substantially, did this to a building, and Kryptonians can do this according to data taken from the battle between Superman and Zod. So heat vision is undeniably strong.

So basically, one hit of Diana staggers JL Superman for 2 seconds, while 4 seconds of heat vision (which would be near building level in all honesty, Zod is much weaker than Doomsday and managed to collapse a building in about 14 seconds) staggered BvS Superman for 1 second. Diana, by this logic, should be many, many, many times above Shocker's striking, or anything else you showed. It makes one wonder whether Spidey could truly take these hits and be fine.

Speed

Spider-Man is a Marvel character for frick's sake, why are we discussing this?

In this comic, "the Superior Spider-Man of Earth 616", shows up asking for Peter's help though eventually they end up having a quick scuffle. Both fight on relatively even terms though neither are really going all out.

After PS4 Spider-Man discovers who "Superior Spider-Man" actually is, and all the things he has done (I can give plot details if wanted tho they're not relevant to the CAV at all), they go at it again but on not so friendly terms this time

Just looking at it, Spidey (PS4) tags SpOck and then traps him. That doesn't really seem indicative of speed, since slower characters aren't always statues. Plus, there was dialogue, which, to me at least, dulls any feeling of speed here.

Can't really counter 616 Peter's feats, it's solid.

We see Peter break out of a bola and dodge a blast from Electro after it had been fired.

How fast are Electro's blasts? I've got feats of Diana lightning timing Ares, if you want to pull the "it's electricity" card.

Evades automatic gunfire from large groups of shooters.

Diana already has this one upped by several times, even Batman was able to evade gunfire from police.

I'd like for voters to take notice that nothing Lime showed is good enough to compare to Diana's movement feats, where she moved FTE and dropped supersonic in front of Doomsday's heat vision and then reacting to it after it had been fired.

Superman's heat vision is capable of going from Cyborg's shield to the police car in .01-.03 seconds. Assuming the car is 100 feet away, which seems reasonable, given this experiment, this means that the heat vision could have been Mach 3.0, 4.4, or 8.9. If we take the mean of that, which I think is fair, we get 5.43. This, plus the fact Kryptonians are already supposed to be hypersonic, is enough for me to conclude that Heat Vision is hypersonic. Wonder Woman reacted to it, not to mention moved supersonic on her way to intercept it. That's much better than what Spider-Man did.

Strength

I don't feel like Strength is a huge part of this battle (hence I left it till after other physicals) though it will still matter, both are on similar terms of strength, which'll mean that in the event of a grapple per se, both will be nigh even.

If Spider-Man or Wonder Woman ever get into a grapple or a tug of war with webbing or lasso, then I think it could become important.

In his best feat, Peter is able to lift a huge amount of concrete, and even as another enormous amount drops on him, he's still able to stay standing, and lift it up regardless.

Spider-Man can lift and stop a speeding truck dead in it's tracks.

He can also lift a much larger and heavier armored truck and re-direct it's path with more struggle.

Momentarily holds up a crane that is hundreds of feet tall.

Completely stops two moving trucks with one arm each, with pretty much no effort.

I know all this is impressive, but here, it's just... not. Wonder Woman held her shield and sword steady against the hits of Doomsday. That requires a level of strength far above anything shown here.

And none of this really compares to Diana's tank feat. She tossed it a good 20 feet away with a single hand without trying.

Take Hafthor Bjornsson throwing a 56 pound weight, wherein he tossed it about, say, 23 feet with one hand. This same guy can lift over 500 lbs (nearly 10x that thrown weight) on the bench and over a thousand (about 18x the thrown weight) via deadlift. His top lifts literally embarrass his thrown weight.

Now take Diana, who threw hers off to the side with one hand like it didn't even weigh anything, and that weighed dozens of tons. Unless you want to argue Spider-Man as a 100 tonner, you won't come close to what Diana can do. I mean, your best feat is lifting a lot of concrete and struggling, something I don't see Diana failing to do. The rest of your feats are him failing to stop a falling crane, using his full body weight to redirect a truck, bringing a truck to stop using the street's friction after the truck had flipped to have most of its wheels off the ground and the driver knocked out of the window, and a feat of stopping trucks from moving.

Remember, even if you prove that Spidey can do what Diana did (that being throwing a 29 ton weight 30~ ft with one hand effortlessly) you'd still have to overcome the obstacle of this:

While her sword did play a part in this, she would have needed enough physical strength to hold on to her sword when Doomsday punched. Since Doomsday is, like, 500x stronger than Spider-Man, this is not something I see Peter replicating.

Webbing

This is where things start to get interesting.

Peter's webbing is definitely strong enough to contain and incap Diana, just take a look at this first feat for example.

I can't deny this is impressive. The same follows for all your other feats. But I question the webbing's effectiveness when it never ends up actually touching Wonder Woman, since the webbing doesn't seem anywhere near as fast as Diana. Even if it managed to tag WW at any point, she could just cut it apart and continue.

While Diana is fast, I don't think webbing her up will be a problem, he was able to do the same to SpOck, who as I've mentioned before is a close range bullet timer with reactions on par to Diana herself.

Looking at the scan, to me, it seems like he was perfectly capable of reacting to the Trip Mines. I didn't read those comics, so can you tell me if SpOck already knew about the Trip Mines and what they did?

Regardless of this, Peter is still able to use Trip Mines which basically detonate and pull nearby enemies to (if attached to a wall, nearby people are pulled to the wall etc), so regardless of your argument of Diana cutting up Peter's webbing, it won't be an issue when Peter has a variety of webs which can be used to incap without direct contact.

I'm not understanding this argument. If Spider-Man launches these things at Wonder Woman, what stops her from just destroying the trip mines? Or getting out of their range? Or using her bracelets to keep them from getting to her? Redirecting them with her lasso? She may not have knowledge, but she has common sense, and I think someone who wields that would run from an unknown object thrown by their opponent, who very likely wants to win.

Peter is also effective in webbing up enemies to restrict their movements preventing them from escaping, such as against Shocker, when he Webbed up his arms in a position where he couldn't move at all due to past experiences where he's escaped.

The key term here being "past experiences." And I doubt that Wonder Woman would just let him get close enough to pull this off. She could cut any webbing off before he got to her (assuming he ever tagged her in the first place,) and if he got to her before both limbs were off the ground, she could use the free arm to lasso him, cut him, bang her bracelets together or bang a bracelet to her shield, etc.

The same applies to the Kingpin showing. Heck, a freefalling Wonder Woman could start swinging with her lasso.

This is better than a GIF tbh
This is better than a GIF tbh

Gear

First off we have Spider-Drones... Peter can deploy three of these at a time and they basically hover around firing Electric Blasts at enemies.

Lightning isn't exactly the best thing to use against Wonder Woman. She managed to handle Ares' lightning very well, and that seems a bit stronger than Spider-Man's tasers.

Peter also has what are called "concussive blasts", which essentially release shockwaves that'll stun / knock back enemies, which could be effective in giving Peter just that extra moment for a web incap.

Who are the strongest people they have stunned? How fast are these blasts? Is there any reason Diana can't just power through them with her gear and get up close and personal with Spidey? Just looking at your GIF, these things aren't even on the level of DCEU Batman's punches or Superman's tap that sent an armored Batman flying 40 ft IIRC.

Suspension Matrix... these are basically just devices that launch opponents upwards and leave then dis-oriented, this again could be useful in creating an opportunity for a web incap.

That... is cool. But I don't see why Wonder Woman can't bracelet clash or use her lasso while suspended. How long would it keep her suspended?

My Opponent's Conclusion

Considering we both agree Diana will not really be using her sword for offensive purposes, Peter won't have much trouble with staying in the fight.

I think Wonder Woman is skilled enough with her sword to use it offensively without using it lethally. If nothing else, it can be used as a threat or a way of damaging Spidey in non lethal ways (stabbing him in the leg, for example.)

Spider-Man has consistently taken very powerful hits from Shocker etc with 0 issue, Diana's hits and Gauntlet Clashes will not be very effective here.

From what I've shown, I don't think Wonder Woman will much trouble at all stunning Spider-Man. Especially with her bracelets.

Spider-Man has fought evenly with a close range bullet timer and himself has dodged electricity blasts from Electro.

He tagged a bullet timer and did something Diana could do back in WW1. This doesn't really seem something revolutionary to me.

Spider-Man has tons of Gadgets, such as Suspension Matrix, Concussive Blasts and Spider-Drones which will all be useful distractions in the fight which can create openings for Peter to web incap or even just do something like disarm the Shield or Sword which will make an incap a lot easier.

I doubt any of those things would be effective in providing reasonable distraction. Disarming Diana would be a bold move on your part, and not one Spider-Man could accomplish by displayed feats. If WW overpowers him and pulls him close, he's done.

If direct incap is ineffective, Peter can use trip mines, and web bombs in order to incap Diana without a direct contact.

And said devices can be evaded in a multitude of ways.

MY CONCLUSION

By feats shown, Spider-Man does not seem to be at Wonder Woman's level. His best strength feats while struggling are slightly superior to something 1900s Diana did with one hand and nowhere near BvS Wonder Woman's strength, his durability isn't good enough to soak up many of Diana's hits before beginning to really feel the heat, and his speed seems inferior to Wonder Woman in reactions and much slower overall, nothing comparing to her FTE feats.

Spider-Man's gear and webbing will be troublesome, but they are all fodder to Wonder Woman's gear, especially her sword which would destroy any of that. If ever she ends up in a rough position, she shouldn't have much issue escaping via her Sword or Bracelets. Overall, I'm just not seeing Spider-Man winning unless he gets lucky.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Nice stuff, you wanna go for 2 posts each or the standard 3?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cocacolaman  Moderator

@subline: I want to try for three, but I might not be able to. 5 days of school and a three-class college schedule is time consuming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be open for votes tbh. Decent debate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cocacolaman  Moderator

@subline: I don’t have GIFs yet otherwise I wouldn’t care tbh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: I don’t have GIFs yet otherwise I wouldn’t care tbh

Update?

Can't think of any good feats you'd be using from WW84 apart from the bullet time anyway tbh.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cocacolaman  Moderator
Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers