CaV: Predator (BuildHare) vs Black Panther (Skyggen)

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rumble in the Jungle!

No Caption Provided

Deep in the jungles of Wakanda, an alien hunter stalks his prey. However this prey is wiser to the chase then he lets on, for this is no mere tiger but the Black Panther!

Rules

• No prior knowledge
  • Standard gear
  • Both know they are being hunted
  • Win by KO, Incap or death

Battlefield

Dense jungle, start 100 ft away
Dense jungle, start 100 ft away

Challenge A Viner Rules

• Do not start extra arguments, post unnecessary scans/videos or interfere in the debate itself in any way. If you wish to inform either of us on anything important or correct us on a point, send us a private message.
  • If any of the above is excessively broken, we may request a mod to assist.
  • Your vote should be decided based on the debating quality and abilities of the participants. Not necessarily on the characters they are representing.
  • A reason for your voting choice would be greatly appreciated too.
  • May the best debater win.
Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oo this looks interesting.

TAEP

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skywalker95  Online
JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP please

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good one

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

T4V <3

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag Please

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

tag

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Which version of the Predator is used here?

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyggen said:

@buildhare: If it's not a problem, could you start? Just to familiarize myself with that. It's my first CaV.

Sure.

@rac95 said:

Interesting. Which version of the Predator is used here?

Just an average Elite/Veteran minus the unique gear. Think Wolf or Ahab.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: A comic/movie composite? Anyway please tag me after every post

Prao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v this is interesting

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buildhare

Post #1 - The Hunter

No Caption Provided

Gonna keep it short and sweet. Some of this is repurposed from a Boss Encounter I wrote for the CV Hunger Games.

Predators (or Yautja) are the big game hunters of the galaxy. Members of a warrior culture that prizes the ability to hunt and kill worthy prey above all else. As such, rank within this culture is dictated by the individual Yautja's prowess as a hunter. Unfortunately for you, you're facing off against one of the top members of the Yautja race, an Elite Predator.

The Elite

The kind of Predator being used here.

To achieve such a title is an impressive feat for a Predator, only the most experienced and skilled hunters can reach such status. For reference the Predators encountered in Predator 1-2& AvP are all either Young Bloods (inexperienced hunters on either their first or one of their first hunts) or Blooded (basically the base rank for an average Predator). Elite Predators however are several leagues above either as is made obvious in AvP: Requiem, when the Elite Predator Wolf fights several Xenomorphs at once multiple times:

No Caption Provided

...here the Elite fights many Xenomorphs in close quarter combat. Despite the fact he's already missing most of the gear you'll see him using here the Elite is able to use his skills to keep two of his foes off him long enough to manually shoot them with a plasma caster, kill one with an improvised weapon after beating it up (dissolving acid, meant for hiding bodies not combat) and displaying some serious skill with some Smart Discs while slaying two more Aliens. Comparably Young Bloods with such a gear disadvantage were fairly evenly matched with single Xenomorph drones, or even defeated by special forces teams.

And despite what you may think of their bulky appearance, the more highly ranked Predators also utilize an extremely complex martial art created by their species;

No Caption Provided

The woman viewing this (Machiko Noguchi) is already an accomplished martial artist in her own right, so for someone with her knowledge to praise it in such fashion is indicative of an extreme level of skill. Though the Predator will obviously try and end this fight at a distance, it will have little hassle doing the same up close when abusing this skill in conjunction with it's next advantage; physical might.

The Physicals

Even though T'challa is clearly superhuman due to the heart-shaped herb, I believe he is completely outclassed in most physicals.

Stand out members of the Yautja race are capable of ragdolling and physically dominating Xenomorphs;

No Caption Provided

...with the elite in question in this instance (Wolf) restraining two separate xeno's barehanded. Given they're capable of ripping humans in two they are far from a pushover physically and an Elite Predator is considerably stronger again. Obviously that means concrete, stone and steel are effectively cardboard;

No Caption Provided

...and I'd argue cracking and shattering stone pillars with an unlucky Xeno is comfortably above a low level superhuman. It doesn't get much better with durability, as even mook Predators like the Jungle Hunter can no sell attacks from peak humans;

No Caption Provided

...as well as endure several shotgun blasts to the chest at close range;

No Caption Provided

...I'd give T'challa or any of his peers a roughly 0% chance of doing the same without armor, making the idea of clawing a Predator a questionable proposition. Speed is undoubtedly a lot closer but Yautja are still portrayed as clearly superhuman in that regard too;

No Caption Provided

...seemingly fairly casual bullet timers in several instances.

The Gear

Probably the biggest edge the Predator has in this fight is its gear. Your average elite is carrying a plethora of equipment but I'll focus on the most iconic (see; relevant) in this post. Just because the Elite is fighting someone wielding an overpowered originally not of-earth metal I'd like to preface this section with the fact the Predator is too;

No Caption Provided

...which is not just impressive because it's a super-durable alien metal but the fact it's been further enhanced to be "near infinitely keen". Now I'm not gonna claim it's gonna punch right through T'challa till I know how good his armor is but the odds of the Wakandans own vibranium piercing the Predators equipment (be it wrist blades or armor) seems slim.

Bio-Mask

The Predator's vision is based on thermal imaging and heat, meaning an otherwise stealthy Black Panther is going to light up like this;

No Caption Provided

...and lacking knowledge of the type of vision his foe is using (and it's resulting weakness) there's no real way T'challa can avoid being seen almost regardless of where he is.

Cloak

One of the most recognizable parts of the "Predator" character is it's ability to seemingly vanish into thin air and stalk with impunity. It's not true invisibility and relies on the refraction of light, but even people who know exactly what to look for are unlikely to succeed;

No Caption Provided

...with even Dutch (the leader of the spec-ops team in the original film) not seeing it until it's literally crawling over him.

Wrist Blades

Big stabby things, useful for carving up prey in close quarters;

No Caption Provided

...usually a couple of feet long, though they can be extended further.

Plasma Caster

The one-shot weapon in this fight. The Predators infamous tri-laser tracking shoulder cannon shoots plasma blasts;

Two seems specific to Wolf though, only one caster here.
Two seems specific to Wolf though, only one caster here.

...which clearly have a devastating effect on whatever they hit. They can seemingly vary the power level too, resulting in stupid shit like this;

No Caption Provided

...getting hit by either the blast itself or the AOE is a bad idea here.

How it comes together

I want to give an example fight from a similar scenario and luckily there's plenty to draw on. CIA operative Dillon and elite mercenary Mack try to hunt the hunter. At this point they know most of what it's capable of and are aware of how it hunts. Despite that advantage the hunt goes less than well. Just the highlights;

No Caption Provided

...Mack completely fails in his attempt to be stealthy and misses the fact it's literally right above him until the very last moment. After Dillon discovers Mack's dead the Predator taunts him by emulating his voice. Finally blowing his arm off when he finally sees the Predator just vibing in the tree (after literally looking at it dead on for about ten seconds and seeing the piss-take eye flash);

No Caption Provided

...having maimed its victim the Predator rushes in for a glorious melee kill;

No Caption Provided

...so the takeaways here are pretty clear regarding how the Predator actually hunts;

1. It has 0 issue staying cloaked for literally the entire fight if it feels like it.
  2. It's stupid hard to actually detect it, even when it's outright taunting it's prey.
  3. It has no issue killing from range and won't necessarily rush to melee if it's even slightly unsure of the outcome.
  4. It's a complete dick.

...which I feel is a pretty lethal combination, certainly something that is a big ask for T'challa to deal with in a random encounter which absolutely favors the hunter.

Initial Thoughts

• The Predator is obviously an extremely skilled hunter and given it's offensive output and stealth abilities this fight could very likely be a very short one if the warrior king isn't fast or observant enough.
  • The Predator is generally physically superior.
  • The Predator is a skilled melee combatant and uses weird alien martial arts.
  • Black Panther doesn't really have an answer for the alien weaponry he's facing here.

...but I'll wait to hear more about the Wakandan King before I go any further into the fight.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice opener. Concise and to the point. Look forward to the counters and T'challa's rep.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skywalker95  Online

Great opener. I look forward to the counter.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive opener.