#1 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio
The God of Thunder, Alyssabird's Champion
The God of Thunder, Alyssabird's Champion

VS

The Flash: Wally West, Esquire's Challenger
The Flash: Wally West, Esquire's Challenger

Rules:

• Wally West is unarmed.
  • Pre-Flashpoint, Post-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths feats are valid for Wally.
  • Thor has Odin Force, Belt of Strength, and Mjolnir.
  • All non-retconned feats performed by Thor himself are valid, except for those performed when he was King Thor or Rune King Thor.
  • Thor can use any Odin Force abilities that he's shown or strongly indicated he is capable of using. He cannot use all of Odin's feats, since Odin has demonstrated more skill with the Odin Force than Thor has.
  • In Character, strategy-wise.
  • Morals On.
  • Random Encounter.
  • No Prep.
  • Basic Knowledge.
  • Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation.
  • No BFR.
  • Fight takes place in an unpopulated Endless New York next to an Endless Ocean.
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

whu what where when why xD

#3 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

You should. I will respond tomorrow! im drinkig ;p

#4 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

So.....

#5 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: Wally's biggest advantage here is his speed. He's so fast that he can amp his perceptions to a point where the world seems to stand still.

No Caption Provided

So he will have ample time to make whatever moves he wants before Thor has a chance to even begin reacting. Since both combatants have basic knowledge of their opponents, he'll know Thor has massive durability, so he won't feel the need to pull his punches. Wally has no qualms about unleashing a burst of super-speed punches, even to characters of lower durability than Thor. So he'll be perfectly willing to blitz Thor and hit him a few dozen times.

No Caption Provided

And he can hit far harder than he hit Deathstroke here. Since he knows how powerful Thor is, he'll accordingly hit him much harder.

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (36709 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: Consider this a bump.

Done drinking yet? I want to see this battle through :)

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (23177 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: You scared him off.

#8 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

sucks to be the one defending Thor XD

#9 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Esquire: You scared him off.

Lol. I should make shorter opening statements.

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

sucks to be the one defending Thor XD

Alyssabird told me that Thor would stomp Wally, Odin Force or not. But I'm beginning to doubt her confidence in that statement.

#10 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:Hey I would auto-resign if I had to defend somebody who has poor reaction feats against that fasted person in fiction XD

#11 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@Esquire:Hey I would auto-resign if I had to defend somebody who has poor reaction feats against that fasted person in fiction XD

I'm with you, but she seemed pretty convinced. She actually challenged me to do a OF Thor vs Flash debate, and it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

#12 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:Well maybe I can be her substitute?

I know a little about Thor and I can post some reasons on how he can pull out a win :P

#13 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_: I'd like to give her a couple more days to respond, but if she doesn't show up I'd be happy to debate with you.

#14 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:Yay! (thx) xD

#15 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@Esquire:Well maybe I can be her substitute?

I know a little about Thor and I can post some reasons on how he can pull out a win :P

Fail, I don't think you know as much as me. I will debate, I've been overly busy at the moment; little time to do much of anything.

#16 Edited by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@Esquire:Yay! (thx) xD

>.> sounds like a man!

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Esquire: You scared her off.

#18 Posted by Stompa (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: no men have much deeper voices on the internet!

#19 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@CadenceV2 said:

This

#20 Edited by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Yay! (thx) xD

@Stompa said:

no men have much deeper voices on the internet!

No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by JonSmith (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

I came here to see Thor be reminded why thunder only FOLLOWS the Lightning. Instead, I get drinking, possible substitutions, and gender confusion. Which admittedly, is entertaining in it's own right, but NOT what I'm here to see!

#22 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I came here to see Thor be reminded why thunder only FOLLOWS the Lightning. Instead, I get drinking, possible substitutions, and gender confusion. Which admittedly, is entertaining in it's own right, but NOT what I'm here to see!

loooooooooooooool

#23 Posted by I_am_Warlock (293 posts) - - Show Bio

This is rubbish.

#24 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

lmfao

#25 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

hahahaha well said.

#26 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic cannot be taken seriously anymore; I resign.

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (23177 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

@Pyrogram said:

@CadenceV2 said:

This

My bad. Like all cars are refereed to as her/she I refer everyone on the internet as him/he.

#28 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Alyssabird said:

@Pyrogram said:

@CadenceV2 said:

This

My bad. Like all cars are refereed to as her/she I refer everyone on the internet as him/he.

And......?

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (23177 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: And there is NOTHING about your name or manner that strike me female so I called you him..... deal with it.

#30 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Alyssabird: And there is NOTHING about your name or manner that strike me female so I called you him..... deal with it.

Or else what?

#31 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

?

#32 Posted by thanosii (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

does flash have any on panel feats taking down anyone above silver surfer level single handedly because of thor is about thanos level. And i dont think an imp will even tickle him pis aside. I need a scan that puts flash on this level or else u guys are just fan boys who probably think flash can beat odin becos of speed

#33 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

does flash have any on panel feats taking down anyone above silver surfer level single handedly because of thor is about thanos level. And i dont think an imp will even tickle him pis aside. I need a scan that puts flash on this level or else u guys are just fan boys who probably think flash can beat odin becos of speed

The end of your statement has nothing to do with the beginning. Just saying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
#34 Posted by deactivated-5b2e798651249 (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was going to be a debate.

#35 Posted by dondave (41749 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii:Thor is not on Thanos level unless your thinking of AA Thanos, and The IMP work on a white Martian although he didn't use it to the best of it's ability, and WM have durability comparable to the Martian Manhunter, who is the same league as Thor. But this is all ABC logic so you can take it or leave it

#36 Posted by dondave (41749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

QFT

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
#37 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is my pizza?

#38 Edited by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

*Replacement?*

#39 Posted by Esquire (4012 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

I thought this was going to be a debate.

It was, until my opponent resigned for no reason after not responding for a couple of days. Ultra_Girl is planning to take over Thor's side, though.

#40 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: (Okay folks I'm the replacement!)

P.S: I'll be using some feats from thess links because they seem properly sourced but please anybody tell me if you disagree or find false information

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/punkmastaflex/thor-revamped-respect-thread/87-70606/

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/29-2268/all-of-thors-powers/92-685557

(Thanks to those who made those threads)

Now here's is my counter for Esquires argument.

@Esquire said:

Wally's biggest advantage here is his speed. He's so fast that he can amp his perceptions to a point where the world seems to stand still.

No Caption Provided

So he will have ample time to make whatever moves he wants before Thor has a chance to even begin reacting. Since both combatants have basic knowledge of their opponents, he'll know Thor has massive durability, so he won't feel the need to pull his punches. Wally has no qualms about unleashing a burst of super-speed punches, even to characters of lower durability than Thor. So he'll be perfectly willing to blitz Thor and hit him a few dozen times.

No Caption Provided

And he can hit far harder than he hit Deathstroke here. Since he knows how powerful Thor is, he'll accordingly hit him much harder.

While yes it's true Flash is massively quicker than Thor and capable of hitting him many times before he can react...Thor still has a chance to win

Here's why

1. Morals this is really what prevents this from being an utter stomp, while Flash knows Thor is extremely durable and capable of elemental control Thor also has knowledge on Flash's speed.

2. Now in character Thor won't try to take on a speedster head on he'll use his elemental powers to take him out

I know Quick Silver was goofing around and Thor caught him off guard plus Wally is faster but this scan proves one of my points,

One it proves Thor is not a fool and will change his tactics that will help him best take out the speedster in this scenario a Area Of Attack blast took out Quick Silver which can do the same forWally remember folks there are many occasions when Wally has been predictable even Death Stroke quotes this

While Thor may not know Flash he has his experience with speedsters as evidenced in the quick silver scan which also means he'll expect Wally coming to attack him straight on which is what Wally would do in Character.

3. Thor is very durable and should last long enough for him to using an Area Of Effect Attack

A neutron star is about 1 solar mass I believe

this means Thor resisted (I got my calcs here)

2,204,622,621,848,770,000,000,000,000.0 short tons

Wally would have to be hitting Thor long enough for him to using an AOE attack such as this

*Ends turn*

your turn!

:D

#41 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

*bump*

#42 Edited by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not forget, Thor can tank Sky Father level hits with Odin Force; could Flash hit that hard? I seriously doubt it. Or the fact that a single, determined strike from Thor can either, a) Hurt Galactus b)Break Celestial Armour. Or the fact that Odin Force Thor could bust the planet, or fly into Space and send his mallet down to finish the job; seeing as how it was able to out run even Silver Surfer in space. Please don't ask for scans, these are all feats and I'd rather not go through the effort. Also, IMP attacks drain Flash, and seeing as OF Thor could tank sky father level hits, I doubt he would pack enough life force to defeat Thor. Basically a spite.

#43 Posted by Marksman (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: Not in any way a spite. It's a stalemate at best. Thor can't touch Wally, Wally can't hurt Thor.

So there's that.

#44 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Marksman said:

@Alyssabird: Not in any way a spite. It's a stalemate at best. Thor can't touch Wally, Wally can't hurt Thor.

So there's that.

Sounds like a fan boy

#45 Posted by Marksman (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

@Marksman said:

So there's that.

Sounds like a fan boy

I'm sorry, Thor's never tagged anyone who can move at 13 trillion times the speed of light.

Not fanboyish at all.

Mjolnir's thrown speed = 2x lightspeed

Thor's travel speed w/Mjolnir = 3x lightspeed

Flash's travel speed = 13,000,000,000,000x lightspeed

Thor's reaction time is measured in microseconds

Flash's reaction time is measured in attoseconds.

#46 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Marksman said:

@Alyssabird said:

@Marksman said:

So there's that.

Sounds like a fan boys.

I'm sorry, Thor's never tagged anyone who can move at 13 trillion times the speed of light.

Not fanboyish at all.

Mjolnir's thrown speed = 2x lightspeed

Thor's travel speed w/Mjolnir = 3x lightspeed

Flash's travel speed = 13,000,000,000,000x lightspeed

Thor's reaction time is measured in microseconds

Flash's reaction time is measured in attoseconds.

And? He couldn't put Thor down. Doesn't matter if you can react faster/punch, if you can't put someone down, you can't put them down. What's to stop Thor from amping to insane levels?

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

*bump*

Hence what this man said.

#47 Posted by Dredeuced (6441 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Thor's molecules can explode from vibration.

Probably not but it'd be pretty funny to just see him and his Odin Force self go pop like a gorey water balloon.

#48 Edited by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

I wonder if Thor's molecules can explode from vibration.

Probably not but it'd be pretty funny to just see him and his Odin Force self go pop like a gorey water balloon.

Or can Flash's head explode from a hammer to the face? More than likely.

#49 Edited by Dredeuced (6441 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally would phase through it and then his hand would explode because everything Wally phases through explodes. :D

Also, I mean, like Thor could hit Wally with a swing.

#50 Posted by Alyssabird (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

Wally would phase through it and then his hand would explode because everything Wally phases through explodes. :D

Also, I mean, like Thor could hit Wally with a swing.

Non Logical; especially against the Odin Force, the backing power behind a sky father's powers. Not a very fair match up.