CaV: Nightwing (Batman3000) vs Daredevil (KrleAvenger) (Krle Won)

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Counting

DebatersVotesVoters
Batman3000
KrleAvenger3blackpantherisb, God_Spawn, BruceRogers
g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@krleavenger: It looks like you are going to remain the CaV champion LOL.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By KrleAvenger

@g2_: There are people on vine who would stomp me :)

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By g2_
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: ComicStooge, Killemall, Godspawn, Veshark, TheTrueBarryAllen, just to name a few.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Those guys are considered legends in Comic Vine. No shame in losing to them.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By KrleAvenger
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bump

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I´ll vote tonight or tomorrow for sure, I won´t last longer than that.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not finished reading but my vote looks like it's goin' to @batman3000

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Don't give a vote or at least don't "spoil" it until you read the whole thing please.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By KrleAvenger

@batman3000: The thread was opened for a week and I tagged people again to see are they interested to vote and they didn't. At this point it is pretty obvious nobody is gonna vote. Do you want to close this? Or do you want to tag some people you know and ask them to vote?

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@krleavenger: Do you wait for a day or two to see if revan and/or thor still wanna vote?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll vote today

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By DSTREET45
Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll try to read this and vote by tmrw.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to agree with you gentleman. Give me tonight to thoroughly dissect the bullet points. I've only skimmed the posts, I think as awesome a thread as this one deserves the vine's full attention. You can count on my vote.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likewise.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Revan-

@krleavenger: I didn't realize I hadn't posted. I couldn't vote because I cant choose. I thought this was an amazing debate.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By DSTREET45

Sorry for late vote but after rereading the arguments I decided to vote for @krleavenger. Essentially for the same reasons that God_Spawn posted. While I thought that @batman3000 was more consistent in showcasing Nightwing's feats, I felt that KrleAvenger did a better job on the rebuttals compared to B3000 who I felt was focusing a bit more on defense than offense at times where I felt like he had a good opportunity to attack (probably didn't help that he wasn't able to post his final argument).

KrleAvenger did good but I kinda questioned some of his claims (Captain America having 10 ton feats?) and I also thought that in his middle game he focused too much on justifying the context of his feats and got sidetracked as a result (not sure why you would post and argue Kingpin's and Spiderman's strength feats to show how strong Matt is when he never out muscled either to my knowledge). IMO a quicker and cleaner way to do so would've just been to simply show what Matt has done like use a mailbox as a weapon or flip a limo etc. However he did make some good arguments around the end of this CaV so I gave him the edge here.

I have more pros and cons for both but I'll leave it at that for now. Good job guys!

astrelke207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With no prep time, Daredevil wins this. With prep time, and standard knowledge of each other, im sure Nightwing can use some sort of weapon to throw his heightened senses off balance (a super sonic grenade maybe?) Point is, Daredevil wins based on these conditions

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With no prep time, Daredevil wins this. With prep time, and standard knowledge of each other, im sure Nightwing can use some sort of weapon to throw his heightened senses off balance (a super sonic grenade maybe?) Point is, Daredevil wins based on these conditions

It seems like you're new here but this is a CaV (Challenge a Viner). You don't vote based on who you think would win you vote on the arguments presented by the two contestants (in this case @krleavenger and @batman3000). You ask them to vote and you look at thier aguments and choose based on who you thought made the better argument.

If you just want a regular Nightwing vs Daredevil thread click here.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, I finished reading this and I have to say this was a very enjoyable CaV with good debating on both sides, that said, my vote goes to @krleavenger whose debating was just top notch here, I dare say worthy of a Hall of Famer, he just countered everything that @batman3000 threw his way and responded with more lethal rebuttals that for the most part were left uncontested, it was the last post from both of you that settled this down, Batman3000 used some outliers like Nightwing tagging speedsters and such whereas KrleAvenger kept his debate grounded and stuck to consistent showings that were enough to overcome any claim his opponent said.

For example, KrleAvenger proved that Matt was slightly faster with his showings of Daredevil deflecting bullets which he correctly emphasized is more impressive than simply dodging them, the sewer instance comes to mind where all of Matt´s senses were working against him and he still deflected a bullet at nigh point blank distance. Another strong point was when Krle brought Daredevil´s fight with Ikaris and how he exploited weak points or dodging bullets from Bullseye which like he claimed "is a reality warper in accuracy".

Overall, really good debate, but the last post settled this and IMO @krleavenger was much better, congratulations to both of you.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the votes guys, and likewise the comments and the critiques you gave me! I hope to use them to become a better debater :)

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I didn't realize I hadn't posted. I couldn't vote because I cant choose. I thought this was an amazing debate.

Good to hear it. Thanks man.

Sorry for late vote but after rereading the arguments I decided to vote for @krleavenger. Essentially for the same reasons that God_Spawn posted. While I thought that @batman3000 was more consistent in showcasing Nightwing's feats, I felt that KrleAvenger did a better job on the rebuttals compared to B3000 who I felt was focusing a bit more on defense than offense at times where I felt like he had a good opportunity to attack (probably didn't help that he wasn't able to post his final argument).

Thanks. While I agree with GodSpawn to a degree, I don't think you should mention a bunch of feats and then just mention the same level of feats over and over. There is no progress and it is kinda stupid to post best feats during the opener. Now I hate when people leave the best feats for the end of debate so their opponent can't counter them but remaining always consistent is not something I can agree with. Or maybe I understand GodSpawn's and your comment the wrong way.

KrleAvenger did good but I kinda questioned some of his claims (Captain America having 10 ton feats?)

He has some but I don't remember issue numbering nor do I remember a lot of context (if it even exists) so for now, don't take my word for it but I am pretty sure he has a lot of those level of feats. Even weaker Street Level characters have like 5 ton strength feats. One thing is for sure, Cap being peak human only is laughable.

and I also thought that in his middle game he focused too much on justifying the context of his feats and got sidetracked as a result (not sure why you would post and argue Kingpin's and Spiderman's strength feats to show how strong Matt is when he never out muscled either to my knowledge). IMO a quicker and cleaner way to do so would've just been to simply show what Matt has done like use a mailbox as a weapon or flip a limo etc. However he did make some good arguments around the end of this CaV so I gave him the edge here.

Eh you know what, I'm not gonna try to defend myself. There are reasons why this logic could not work. Although my point was that Kingpin is extremely durable and Matt had enough strength to put him down.

I have more pros and cons for both but I'll leave it at that for now. Good job guys!

Thanks again.

@thor_parker82 Thanks man. It means a lot to me.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By KrleAvenger

@batman3000 You would be surprised how many times voters give users an advice and they just repeat the same mistakes and don't care about what people told them. By the way, do you want to close this?

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I know you've won this at this point, but I saw a couple viners who want to vote tomorrow. Can we keep it open til tomorrow?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By KrleAvenger

@batman3000: Sure man. No problem. If you want an advice from me, I just think you should avoid the use of high end feats (dodging Jessie, tanking a blow from Osiris...)and also explain your feats in more detained way. There were some feats I did not know the context of and it wasn't very clear but it was necessary so instead of just describing what we see on the scan, explain the non obvious context a bit more, like that Grodd scan or how fast Starfire's blasts travel.

The other thing I think you should work with is debating. It seems like instead of arguing you were going for "agree/disagree" type of debate and trying to defend your argument from mine instead of actually debating against me and proving how Dick is superior. I'm not saying that was your attention and that is the way you debated but reading your posts it seems that way and I think one of the voters said you were going more on defending your argument which is important but you didn't really try hard enough to counter mine argument and prove Dick's superiority.

Those are the only problems I see with your debate here and despite the fact that I have quite a bit more votes, I think this debate was closer than the votes said so and if you just fix those two problems I mentioned above, you would have much better chance of winning.

Just a friendly advice.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. While I agree with GodSpawn to a degree, I don't think you should mention a bunch of feats and then just mention the same level of feats over and over. There is no progress and it is kinda stupid to post best feats during the opener. Now I hate when people leave the best feats for the end of debate so their opponent can't counter them but remaining always consistent is not something I can agree with. Or maybe I understand GodSpawn's and your comment the wrong way.

I wasn't trying to say all of that.

He has some but I don't remember issue numbering nor do I remember a lot of context (if it even exists) so for now, don't take my word for it but I am pretty sure he has a lot of those level of feats. Even weaker Street Level characters have like 5 ton strength feats. One thing is for sure, Cap being peak human only is laughable.

Agreed. Based on what I've seen and heard so far, Cap is lower level superhuman.

Eh you know what, I'm not gonna try to defend myself. There are reasons why this logic could not work. Although my point was that Kingpin is extremely durable and Matt had enough strength to put him down.

And that's fine. I just thought that posting Kingpin taking hits from Captain America or Red Skull like you did for part of your first post was good and you should have kept showing more feats specifically of his durability like that to argue that Daredevil being able to damage him was impressive instead of going on about Kingpin's skill to take out eight martial art masters in 17 seconds with ease which I felt was out of place in the Strength section and could've been reserved for a different section, like Skill or Combat Ability.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@krleavenger: Thanks for that, appreciate it, mate. If I had time, I'll read it but I'm really busy right now.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By KrleAvenger

@dstreet45: Oh I understand. The only reason why I posted that scan was because I wanted to explain how Daredevil did not take on a tank but a tank with a lot of skill. Although you are right, it was out of place in strength section.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: Click on the table and make it the way you want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: Do you want this to stay open a bit more?

I will gladly vote if i can get till tomorrow?