CaV: New 52 Wonder Woman (Lvenger) VS Unworthy Thor (NWO)

• 68 results
NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

New 52 Wonder Woman - Represented by: Lvenger

No Caption Provided

Unworthy Thor - Represented by: NewWorldOrder

No Caption Provided

Battle Information:

• Wonder Woman has New 52 and Rebirth feats
  • Thor doesn't have Mjolnir
  • Standard Gear
  • In-character
  • Morals off
  • Fight to the death because both are wielding weapons to kill Or KO
  • No preparation
  • No battlefield removal
  • Random encounter

• Fight takes in Merged Marvel/DC New York city
  • 50 meters apart
No Caption Provided

Voters:

• Please refrain from posting your opinion on the match until it's done.
  • Ask to be tagged if you wished to be tagged for voting.
  • Don't vote on who you think is more powerful, but on who had the better arguments.
  • When giving your vote, give an explanation on why you think the person won.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

tag 4 whisper

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

T4V

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sebast_Allen

T4V!!

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V please

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would say this looks ace....

BUT I'M STILL WAITING @lvenger! ;) Seriously though take your time

T4V :P

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

tag

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: I've been researching for our debate, promise ;) want to make a good reply after all.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@giliad_: I've been researching for our debate, promise ;) want to make a good reply after all.

Humm... now I'm expecting something special 8D

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make sure to post openers until Saturday.

Is this Daily D worthy?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

T4V, comrades

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#20  Edited By KrleAvenger
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

lannister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

T4V

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@newworldorder:

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

Princess of Themyscira, made of clay, Daughter of Zeus, God of War, these are some of the titles Diana has earned in her career under the name she is most famously recognised for worldwide; Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is one of the world's most respected and powerful heroes as both a champion of peace and a fierce warrior protecting mankind from its demons in whatever shape they take.

Powers and Abilities

• Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Flight
  • Enhanced Healing
  • Expert Combatant at Unarmed and Armed Fighting
  • Gear - Bracelets, Lasso of Truth, Magical Sword and Shield

Strength

The obvious place to start in breaking down a fight between two heavy hitters. Diana has proven herself to be among the heavy hitters of the DCU. She's tossed a cruise ship into space.

She managed to catch an aircraft carrier along with Superman in Justice League #15

And she sealed a rift in the Phantom Zone that Mongul and Non were struggling to close (Batman/Superman #11)

As for striking strength, Diana has sent a Godkiller amped Slade halfway across Themyscira (Deathstroke #8)

No Caption Provided

She destroyed the door to Superman's Fortress that Superman stated was extremely hard to penetrate.

And she's bloodied Aquaman's lip in a single blow (Justice League #16)

No Caption Provided

Thor does have the edge in physical and striking strength, but the striking gap is not as significant without Mjolnir in Thor's possession. Thus, Diana has enough strength to be considered in Thor's ball park at the very least.

Durability

Again I concede Thor has the edge in durability, perhaps moreso than strength but that doesn't mean Diana is a glass cannon by comparison. She's tanked hits from Giant Born monsters (Aquaman Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

As well as a punch from Mongul that shatters Batman's eardrum (Batman/Superman #11)

No Caption Provided

She's also withstood a bullrush from Aquaman (Justice League #16)

No Caption Provided

Of course Thor won't just be hitting her with his fists, he has Jarnbjorn too. Fortunately Diana's been hit by her fair share of divine weaponry. One example of this was Slade's Godkiller sword (Deathstroke #8)

No Caption Provided

Can't forget about lightning either, as for ranged attacks, Diana has tanked a blast from Rao

No Caption Provided

Whilst she may not be as much of a tank as Superman, she can take some of Thor's attacks. Fortunately Diana has other advantages in this battle.

Speed

One of those advantages is speed. I'll save the comments about Thor's speed for my rebuttal and just cover Diana's speed for my intro. The most common example of Diana's speed is her ability to casually deflect bullets with her bracelets. These are just some of Diana's many casual bullet blocking feats (Justice League #4, Wonder Woman #13, Wonder Woman #10)

She's blocked dozens of weapons being launched at her at once (Wonder Woman #13)

No Caption Provided

She's fast enough to keep up with Hermes, the God of Speed in combat (Wonder Woman #18)

No Caption Provided

And Wonder Woman does use the classic speed blitz from time to time, like here when her first attack against the First Born is to speed blitz him (Wonder Woman #21)

I'm undoubtedly expecting you to have some well prepared counters to compensate for this but the fact is Diana is definitely faster than Thor and that can play a crucial role in landing the most critical blows in this battle.

Gear

New 52/Rebirth Wonder Woman carries a large amount of gear into battle. She's usually packing more than her Post Crisis incarnation on a regular basis. I believe Diana's gear is more versatile and well rounded than Thor with just Jarnbjorn at his disposal. I'll begin with Diana's bracelets which she uses to block bullets, energy blasts and weapons. I realise the pertinent question will be if Jarnbjorn can cut through them, to which I refer you to Diana blocking Pandora's bullets that pierced Superman (Justice League #22) as well as blocking her own sword that Doomsday threw at Jon and Lois (Action Comics #961)

So I believe Diana's bracelets can stand up to Jarnbjorn. Next is her Lasso of Truth which is virtually unbreakable. Kryptonians cannot break free of it and that includes Supergirl and a God of Strength amped Superman (Justice League #47 and Supergirl #17)

Lastly, she wields a sword and shield. The shield has stood up to blows from Doomsday and her sword has some impressive damage output. It's cut Darkseid and God of Strength Superman (Justice League #6 & #47)

Thor's durability is good against blunt force and even better at tanking energy blasts but when it comes to piercing durability, certain magical or divine weapons have successfully wounded him. I believe Diana's sword will count as another weapon capable of doing so.

Fighting Skill

A weapon can only be good as its wielder and Diana is a very skilled fighter indeed. She was trained in combat by both by the Amazons and the God of War himself Ares (Wonder Woman #0)

She's defeated a well trained Amazon warrior in a sparring match armed with a stick where her opponent had a sword (Wonder Woman #2)

No Caption Provided

Thor throwing Jarnbjorn at Diana as he does sometimes might not work out very well for him just as a heads up. Magog tried to skewer Wonder Woman with his spear from behind whilst she was evacuating citizens but Diana caught it and used it against him.

No Caption Provided

This would be especially bad for Thor if Diana used his own weapon against him. I can't see Thor pulling off something like a multiple head decapitation that Diana performs on these undead creatures.

No Caption Provided

Despite his thousands of years of experience, Thor has not demonstrated a great deal of combat skill, both with and without Mjolnir. In contrast, Diana has demonstrated superb fighting skills that would allow her to outshine the Odinson in a clash of weapons.

Basic Gameplan

This fight comes down to strength and power vs speed and skill. Thor is undoubtedly mighty but Wonder Woman is no stranger to fighting gods or stronger enemies. She has the physicals to tango with Thor, she's fast enough to make her moves count, her fighting skill can lead to her disarming Thor of his weapon and she has a weapon capable of seriously harming the Asgardian. It will be a tough fight for Diana nonetheless, but I still see it ending something like this.

No Caption Provided

@newworldorder That concludes my opener, I'm looking forward to this debate my friend :)

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Nice opener, can't tell you how excited I am for this debate! Hopefully we can shake the Vine with this one.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By termiteone4ever

This looks unfair but lets see the other party arguments

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CRUSHYOURENEMIES

This looks unfair but lets see the other party arguments

Agreed.

Diana can take out Normal Thor I don't see how she doesn't just flatten him here.

but interested.

t4v

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger Post is up, sorry for the wait.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Odinson

No Caption Provided

Lord of the storms, prince of Asgard, son of Odin, and the mightiest Avenger. Thor goes by many titles, but none of them are enough to ever truly show his character. Being one of the most powerful characters the Marvel universe ever known is a status he's always and forever will have, with or without the hammer of Mjolnir in his hand.

Powers

Thor is born of divine heritage. His father being the god of all Norse gods and his mother being the elder god of the earth. He was essentially born into power and has displayed feats on levels that make most heroes or villains look incomparable. Many heroes have complimented Thor's great power, from gods to aliens, from demons to mortals, they all seem him the same. Even Captain America, the greatest Avenger of all time has regarded Thor as the most powerful of anyone on the Avengers roster in Avengers Vol.2 #2. Keep in mind that he's had characters like Hercules, Sersi, Hulk, among others on his the Avengers.

No Caption Provided

Although this statement may have been meant for when Thor had Mjolnir in his hand, I still personally think he's up there in terms of power among the other heroes of earth. Disregarding statements now, let's get into a little of what Thor is packing in this battle.

• Superhuman strength
  • Invulnerability
  • Superhuman speed
  • Superhuman stamina
  • Weather manipulation
  • Earth manipulation
  • Manipulate godly energy

Here is a part of a bio for Thor which will give some more information if you didn't get enough from what I've stated here.

No Caption Provided

Gear

Now, oppose to Thor using Mjolnir like he does in pretty much every battle, Thor will be using his axe, Jarjborn which is a very dangerous weapon itself. It may be lacking all of the exotic abilities Mjolnir has, however, it makes up for it in sheer cutting power which is rivaled by few.

No Caption Provided

Not only does Thor possess an axe, but since he lost his arm to Malekith in Thor Vol.4 #4, he has replaced his original with one made of Uru entirely. Not only does the arm provide additional striking power, but it can be used defensively as well. I'll get more into that soon.

No Caption Provided

Strength

Seeing how you didn't start off with the best feats Diana can accomplish, I think I'll hold off on the best Thor can too. To start things off, I'll use a feat he performed in Nova Vol.5 #25. In these scans, Thor represents the strength to casually catch a speeding airplane and land it without any help.

To bring forth another impressive feat, take this one from Thor: God Of Thunder #24 where he casually lifts the largest tower (his tower) from Asgardia to Broxton.

Another impressive feat from Thor, which isn't exactly of recent time is when he opened up the earth (weighing millions of tons), with his hands and then closed it back to trap Loki. West Coast Avengers Vol.1 #55.

No Caption Provided

Striking

In terms of the striking power, Thor can dish out some powerful blows even without the use of Mjolnir. As I stated before, striking with a Uru arm would be more painful than punching with a regular arm. It's similar to how Kaine almost broke his hand punching Wolverine in the face due to his adamantium skull.

No Caption Provided

An example would be Unworthy Thor #3 where he goes into a state of berserk. He gets into a brawl with Beta Ray Bill, who truthfully wasn't trying to fight back. It doesn't change that Thor was able to knock him around with his blows even without the aide of his hammer.

It should be noted that two times the Odinson was able to punch Bill a good distance and cause him harm without any trouble and another where he's choking out Bill (who seems to be having trouble breaking the grip).

An even greater feat of striking force comes from Thor: Vikings #5, in which Thor punches an undead warrior from earth into space. Keep in mind this same undead warrior was capable of overwhelming Thor himself.

Durability

Thor's durability isn't actually affected by his hammer, he's as durable with it as he is without it. All his feats of durability shown when he harnessed the power of Mjolnir would still be applicable here given it's his body than sustained the hit, not the hammer. The hammer hasn't actually enhanced the durability of Thor. That being said, Thor has taken powerful blows and shrugged them off without much harm like when he was struck by the Absorbing Man who had just absorbed the property from Jarjborn (Uru). Avengers & X-Men AXIS #8.

No Caption Provided

Just to lay down the big feats from the beginning, Thor has taken being blitzed multiple times speed of light (which was warping space) and slammed into a nearby planet. He then takes a blow from Death Seed Sentry which could be felt across the entire planet they were on. Uncanny Avengers Vol.1 #10.

I don't think it can be argued that Thor can resist the piercing of Diana's sword as it pierces through atoms, but I don't think many people can. Luckily he has two weapons that can help him defend against it. If that doesn't work out, Thor can fight through piercing wounds as he's shown in Thor: Viking #5. Thor was stabbed, beaten, got his skin torn out, beaten again, and still managed to punch his opponent into orbit.

Speed

I'm aware this is going to be the most debated aspect in the debate, so I think it's going to be needed for me to go into detail to show that Thor isn't as slow as most would like to believe. Don't get me wrong, he's no Diana, but he's no Ben Grimm either.

Let's take an instance from Angela - Asgard's Assassin #6. In this particular instance, Thor doesn't just show speed against his sister, but he also shows skill as he's able to not only keep up with her movement but parry her attacks. Granted she was holding her baby sister, it shouldn't mean much given to how skilled and fast she's supposed to be. Thor even temporarily overwhelms her.

This is the same Angela who two issues ago was stated to be faster than the Desir, who evidently were described to be faster than lightning and thought. Angela would go on to easily outspeed them and dismember them.

Just to go over her speed a bit more, in Guardians of the Galaxy #10 when she was moving so fast in a fight with a large amount of Badoon's, they were all aiming/looking/firing at a spot they thought she was, but she had actually moved away long ago. She even states I wonder how long it will take them to know she moved.

No Caption Provided

A feat that doesn't have to do with scaling comes from Unworthy Thor #4. Thor is able to block Proxima Midnight's blast with his Uru arm and was able to keep up with her and overpower her.

No Caption Provided

Weather Manipulation

I realized something as I was creating this section, Diana in the New 52 hasn't been the greatest when going up against characters with lightning. For starters, she was dropped by Ocean Master, who is packing far less lightning than Thor is, not to mention the range. In Thor: Blood Oath #3, Thor who is stuck in an arm-lock by Hercules chooses to call down lightning to help him out. The lightning bolt is powerful enough to greatly hurt Hercules and cause him to call out to his father Zeus in pain.

This is impressive given Hercules is quite durable and is one of the strongest heroes on Marvel earth. For him to be in that much pain from a bolt of lightning Thor possesses, is a really good feat. This can be a very good option for Thor if Diana captures him with his lasso too.

Thor has shown that he's powerful enough to temporarily knock out classic Hulk with his lightning, though this was after some exchange of blows. The Incredible Hulk Annual #1.

Weaponry

Thor's weaponry as I stated from the beginning will prove to be a problem for Diana just as much as hers will vice versa. For starters, his axe has been proven to be an impressively defensive weapon, blocking blows from Apocalypse in Avengers & X-Men Axis #8. This can be an option for Thor when going up against Diana's sword or even her fists.

No Caption Provided

This isn't his only option, though, his Uru arm is just as useful as it's blocked a blow from Jane who possessed Mjolnir. He can block any blow or slash from Wonder Woman with this arm effectively. The Mighty Thor #4.

No Caption Provided

By the way, I believe it's quite controversial if Thor's axe can cut through anything which isn't Celestial based, which isn't true at all, so I think I would like to show why. I'll also go over some cutting feats so you can get the idea of what it has pierced through.

The first occasion is from Uncanny Avengers Vol. 1 #6, where a younger Thor who first gets the axe (and it's enchantments) uses it to cut through his Celestial amour.

The second instance is from Avengers & X-Men Axis #8. I know this isn't exactly the traditional Apocalypse, but the clone Genesis who was grown older from the spell Doctor Doom and Scarlet Witch conjured. It still doesn't change the fact that he was comparable, and had the same Celestial technological amour that the original had.

Just to prove the axe doesn't just work on Celestial technology, here is Thor using it to combat the Beyonders in New Avengers Vol 3. #32. I've seen claims the axe can only harm Celestial tech, which never really made much sense given there would be no need to carry it as standard gear, nor would it make sense for it to cut that, but not lesser material.

Even the Destroyer Amour ( being animated by Odin's brother Serpent AKA Cul) was left with a noticeable scar after Thor struck it with Jarnbjorn in Thor Vol 4.#8. You can see the energies leaking through the armor itself.

No Caption Provided

Conclusion

Thor is faster and more skilled than he is often given credit for, which will undoubtedly allow him to stay in the fight with Diana. He possesses more incredible strength, striking, durability, and defense, while he's similar to Diana in gear, and can keep up with his skill. The only advantage I see Diana really have is with her speed and her lasso, which I've shown Thor has a way to get out of. He's bringing more options to this battle with his lightning, which can catch Diana off balance, not to mention he has the raw power and strength to end the battle in a couple of hits. All in all,

All in all, Thor has one thing to say to Diana when Jarjborn touches her neck...

No Caption Provided

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vertigo-

two great debators, two good characters. Although since when did Thor get a haircut?

Tag and GL to you both

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NewWorldOrder

two great debators, two good characters. Although since when did Thor get a haircut?

Tag and GL to you both

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Also, Thor cut it off himself in Unworthy Thor #3.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. (seems like a strange match up but we're judging the debate not the characters)

Avatar image for keybladewielder
KeybladeWielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. This is gonna be good :)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v, debates with Lvenger in them are usually interesting

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interessting plz T4V :)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

" Thor has one thing to say to Diana when Jarjborn touches her neck"

So d..diana needs ne..ck fea..ts? mind--can't-

*explodes*

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder:

Thor: Viking #5. Thor was stabbed, beaten, got his skin torn out, beaten again, and still managed to punch his opponent into orbit.

I think you meant bitten.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thor-Parker
NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Marishtar

t4v

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder:

Counters

No Caption Provided

Strength

Seeing how you didn't start off with the best feats Diana can accomplish, I think I'll hold off on the best Thor can too. To start things off, I'll use a feat he performed in Nova Vol.5 #25. In these scans, Thor represents the strength to casually catch a speeding airplane and land it without any help.

To bring forth another impressive feat, take this one from Thor: God Of Thunder #24 where he casually lifts the largest tower (his tower) from Asgardia to Broxton.

Admittedly there's little else I can bring up in terms of notable strength feats for Diana compared to Thor. She has slowed down the impact of a giant aircraft as it was crashing into the ground (Wonder Woman #29)

Secondly, in Superman Unchained #1, whilst inspecting the debris of a fallen satellite (which weighed 13 tons and was travelling at nearly 1,000 mph on impact) Clark stated that only he, Diana and Hal could have stopped that impact that he knew of.

Striking

In terms of the striking power, Thor can dish out some powerful blows even without the use of Mjolnir. As I stated before, striking with a Uru arm would be more painful than punching with a regular arm. It's similar to how Kaine almost broke his hand punching Wolverine in the face due to his adamantium skull.

I find your claim that the Uru arm automatically increases Thor's striking is dubious needless to say. Granted Thor's Uru arm hasn't had many chances to provide some impressive showings but that doesn't excuse the lack of performance issues. Kaine breaking his hand on Wolverine's adamantium skull does not automatically mean Thor's uru arm is that much tougher. Plus, Logan has adamantium all across his skeleton compared with Thor just having a metal arm so the principle is noticeably different.

An example would be Unworthy Thor #3 where he goes into a state of berserk. He gets into a brawl with Beta Ray Bill, who truthfully wasn't trying to fight back. It doesn't change that Thor was able to knock him around with his blows even without the aide of his hammer.

It should be noted that two times the Odinson was able to punch Bill a good distance and cause him harm without any trouble and another where he's choking out Bill (who seems to be having trouble breaking the grip).

Not bad even though Bill wasn't fighting back as you have already admitted. Diana has similarly impressive feats of knocking heavy hitters around. The best example is in Justice League #11 where Wonder Woman breaks through Hal Jordan's construct bubble in a single blow, sending him flying from the impact.

Now there has been some debate on whether Hal was inside the bubble when he trapped Diana based on the artistic interpretation on panel. But this makes little sense to me personally. Hal rarely puts himself inside defensive constructs meant to restrain his enemies, he always stays on the outside when restraining an opponent. So I think it's clear Diana busted through the construct to hit Hal. She follows this up by knocking Superman away, drawing blood and a comment from Superman after the fight confirming that he definitely felt her kick.

Furthermore, in Supergirl #17, Diana KOed Supergirl with a bullrush.

Any of these blows would surely hurt Thor upon contact.

Durability

Thor's durability isn't actually affected by his hammer, he's as durable with it as he is without it. All his feats of durability shown when he harnessed the power of Mjolnir would still be applicable here given it's his body than sustained the hit, not the hammer. The hammer hasn't actually enhanced the durability of Thor. That being said, Thor has taken powerful blows and shrugged them off without much harm like when he was struck by the Absorbing Man who had just absorbed the property from Jarjborn (Uru). Avengers & X-Men AXIS #8.

Be that as it may, Thor can still be harmed by sufficient physical force, and Diana harming the likes of Green Lantern and Superman should suffice in being able to hurt Thor too.

Just to lay down the big feats from the beginning, Thor has taken being blitzed multiple times speed of light (which was warping space) and slammed into a nearby planet. He then takes a blow from Death Seed Sentry which could be felt across the entire planet they were on. Uncanny Avengers Vol.1 #10.

I think it's very clear in those scans that Death Seed Sentry's bullrush took a helluva lot of fight out of Thor. And the punch took Thor out of the fight until the next issue. Needless to say, taking Death Seed Sentry's hits is a high end showing for Thor's durability. Diana has also taken attacks from extremely powerful beings. Here, she tanks a punch from Darkseid and is still able to continue fighting him later on (Justice League #6)

No Caption Provided

She's also taken 100 straight blows in a prolonged fight against Faora in Superman/Wonder Woman #5.

I don't think it can be argued that Thor can resist the piercing of Diana's sword as it pierces through atoms, but I don't think many people can. Luckily he has two weapons that can help him defend against it. If that doesn't work out, Thor can fight through piercing wounds as he's shown in Thor: Viking #5. Thor was stabbed, beaten, got his skin torn out, beaten again, and still managed to punch his opponent into orbit.

Whilst there is evidence of Thor being able to fight through piercing wounds, there is also sufficient evidence of a single piercing attack doing fatal damage to Thor. One infamous example is Chulain fatally wounding Thor through the chest with his magical spear with a single attack in Thor: Blood Oath #5.

No Caption Provided

Thor needed to be given a magic apple to be brought back to life. A second example is Thor being brought to his knees by a single one of Iceman's iciciles thrown by Mystique.

No Caption Provided

And we can't forget the reason why Thor has a black uru arm after since Malekith used Jarnbjorn to cut off Thor's arm in Thor #1.

No Caption Provided

Granted Thor was being restrained but that wouldn't restrict his durability. Thor being downed by powerful enough piercing weapons is quite consistent and since Diana's sword can split an atom, it will be capable of doing fatal damage to Thor too.

Speed

Let's take an instance from Angela - Asgard's Assassin #6. In this particular instance, Thor doesn't just show speed against his sister, but he also shows skill as he's able to not only keep up with her movement but parry her attacks. Granted she was holding her baby sister, it shouldn't mean much given to how skilled and fast she's supposed to be. Thor even temporarily overwhelms her.

I figured you'd use the Angela example as a counter for speed. Whilst Angela is tagged by Thor in those scans, I don't think she's actually using her speed in them, certainly not to her full extent. Her holding her baby sister undoubtedly had an impact on her ability to fight as fast as she does normally. All Angela did in those scans was flip over Thor, retrieve her sister, slice at a pillar and get tagged by Thor. I don't think that qualifies as a sufficient speed feat. When Angela uses her speed clearly against Thor, she was able to overwhelm him explicitly because of her speed advantage in Thor and Loki: The Tenth Realm #3 (read from right to left)

In case you argue that Thor was apparently 'tired' and didn't have the heart for battle (which I personally find is a weak excuse) Angela was still able to blitz Thor with ease in The Tenth Realm #5 and Thor had to use a lightning sneak attack to take her out.

No Caption Provided

Another reason why Angela is much faster than Thor, along with another good speed feat for Angela, can be found in Angela: Queen of Hel #6 where Angela fights Jane-Thor and moves so fast that only her ribbons can be seen. She comments that she's delighted Jane can keep up with her, and she never said that about the Odinson's speed.

No Caption Provided

Angela's success at blitzing Thor is strong support for Diana being able to do the same since she's at least as fast as Angela, she's stronger than her and she wields an even more powerful weapon in terms of damage output.

A feat that doesn't have to do with scaling comes from Unworthy Thor #4. Thor is able to block Proxima Midnight's blast with his Uru arm and was able to keep up with her and overpower her.

A proper speed feat, I can respect that. But how fast is Proxima Midnight? It's been a while since Infinity and I didn't read all the tie ins where she may have shown up in. In any case, that doesn't compare to Diana' more impressive speed. A prime example of this is when Diana was able to blitz Supergirl twice in combat during their fight in Supergirl #17.

This is made even more impressive as in the previous issue, Kara had an entire fight with The Flash in under a second.

No Caption Provided

Although Barry was holding back, Kara was still operating, moving and fighting at great speeds. Yet Diana was able to outspeed her. She's also fast enough to instantly break the sound barrier and fly to Warworld ahead of several Yellow Lanterns in Sinestro #17.

No Caption Provided

And whilst fighting a Hydra in Batwoman, Diana defeated it by moving her sword so fast the blade overheated and cauterised the Hydra heads preventing them from healing.

No Caption Provided

So Diana can bliz with weapons as well as with her fists against Thor.

Weather Manipulation

I realized something as I was creating this section, Diana in the New 52 hasn't been the greatest when going up against characters with lightning. For starters, she was dropped by Ocean Master, who is packing far less lightning than Thor is, not to mention the range. In Thor: Blood Oath #3, Thor who is stuck in an arm-lock by Hercules chooses to call down lightning to help him out. The lightning bolt is powerful enough to greatly hurt Hercules and cause him to call out to his father Zeus in pain.

In regards to Diana being dropped by Ocean Master's lightning, that instance was made dodgy by Aquaman tanking multiple bolts of lightning from his brother in the final battle. And Ocean Master wasn't holding back against Aquaman like before, he wanted to kill him.

Still, that doesn't detract from how powerful Thor's lightning is, harming Hercules is a good feat. However, I would say the range of Unworthy Thor's lightning is nowhere near the level of Worthy Thor's lightning range.

This can be a very good option for Thor if Diana captures him with his lasso too.

If Thor is completely tied up in Diana's lasso, he's completely vulnerable to a fatal strike from Diana's sword which is what she will resort to in a morals off fight as specified in the OP. Plus Diana can control him with the lasso so Thor would have to concentrate really hard to break past the lasso's enchantment.

Thor has shown that he's powerful enough to temporarily knock out classic Hulk with his lightning, though this was after some exchange of blows. The Incredible Hulk Annual #1.

The hammer was in Thor's hand though so this might well count as a Mjolnir amped lightning feat. Plus, when Hulk is knocked out, he reverts back to Bruce Banner most of the time. As that didn't happen here, you can't claim Hulk was truthfully knocked unconscious.

Weaponry/Skill

Thor's weaponry as I stated from the beginning will prove to be a problem for Diana just as much as hers will vice versa. For starters, his axe has been proven to be an impressively defensive weapon, blocking blows from Apocalypse in Avengers & X-Men Axis #8. This can be an option for Thor when going up against Diana's sword or even her fists.

Whilst that is technically true, Diana has superior fighting skills, more defensive gear and she is faster and nimbler than Thor so that cancels out the danger posed by Thor's axe. If Thor is lucky enough to meet Diana's sword in a clash, I don't disagree that the axe can block it. But Diana's superior sword play will put Odinson's axe defence on the backfoot. A younger Diana was skilled enough to disarm Ares of his sword in Wonder Woman #0.

Yes Ares disarmed her in turn but Thor is nowhere near as skilled as Ares and Diana is a better fighter than she was as a child.

This isn't his only option, though, his Uru arm is just as useful as it's blocked a blow from Jane who possessed Mjolnir. He can block any blow or slash from Wonder Woman with this arm effectively. The Mighty Thor #4.

Again I don't disagree that the uru arm can block Diana's sword but Diana is nimble and skilled enough to get herself into a position to say slice Thor's other arm off like she did in a fight with Donna Troy.

No Caption Provided

Diana isn't just skilled at using her sword in battle, she's especially good at using her lasso to throw or restrain her enemies around. Take this instance where Non tries to sneak attack Diana and she uses the lasso to ground him.

No Caption Provided

Or how Diana uses the lasso to tie up Supergirl and God of Strength Superman.

These are just two of the powerful opponents she's effectively used her lasso on so I'm sure she can do the same with Thor during their battle.

By the way, I believe it's quite controversial if Thor's axe can cut through anything which isn't Celestial based, which isn't true at all, so I think I would like to show why. I'll also go over some cutting feats so you can get the idea of what it has pierced through.

It's controversial because despite popular belief, Thor's axe can't cut through everything that isn't Celestial tech based. The reason why it's so effective on Celestials is because of a special enchantment given to the axe as I'm sure you already know. On everything else, it is not a sure way to pierce it.

Just to prove the axe doesn't just work on Celestial technology, here is Thor using it to combat the Beyonders in New Avengers Vol 3. #32. I've seen claims the axe can only harm Celestial tech, which never really made much sense given there would be no need to carry it as standard gear, nor would it make sense for it to cut that, but not lesser material.

Thing is we don't actually see the Beyonders being cut by Thor's axe so we don't know how much damage Thor did to them with the axe. Considering it took Ex Nihilo, Abyss and Starbrand sacrificing themselves to actually kill the Beyonders, they're clearly very hard to cut. Plus this is where Thor and Hyperion died so it sucks to be them.

Even the Destroyer Amour ( being animated by Odin's brother Serpent AKA Cul) was left with a noticeable scar after Thor struck it with Jarnbjorn in Thor Vol 4.#8. You can see the energies leaking through the armor itself.

No Caption Provided

In all seriousness it is just a minor scratch. It's not as if the Destroyer was incapable of fighting or even slowed down by Jarnbjorn. As with our previous discussions on this subject, I do think you're overestimating the energy leak as a sign of damage. Thor also hit the Destroyer with two axe slices prior to that scan and did no visible damage.

If the axe were easily capable of cutting through Celestial armour on its own, the Destroyer armour would offer no challenge since it's vastly below the Celestials.

In Summary

Thor's strength and lightning may make him a powerful opponent if he manages to land a hit on Diana. But Diana should be too fast and nimble for that to happen and she can tank some of his hits. She's faster, more skilled and has superior gear to the Odinson which will keep him reeling since he does not have the speed or skill to match Diana in this regard. She's hurt Superman and Green Lantern with her blows so Thor won't be immune to taking damage from her unarmed attacks either. As I said, Thor has the edge in strength and power but Diana holds the bigger advantages in speed and skill. She's also much more tactical than Thor who often brawls like a brute in his battles and Diana's tactical thinking can provide her with a crucial advantage mid battle. She has all the necessary tools to bring the Odinson down. This might be what it looks like when Diana goes to deliver the killing blow on Thor.

No Caption Provided

Your turn @newworldorder