In this corner we have the team of:

Kurohime (@thatguywithheadphones)

No Caption Provided

And Negi with Pactio (@funsiized)

No Caption Provided

Taking on:

Monica Rambeau (@higorm)

No Caption Provided

And Sara with the Witchblade (@wyldsong)

No Caption Provided

Conditions

• In character
  • Random encounter, no prep
  • No knowledge of opponents
  • Standard equipment
  • Standard elimination rules

• Both combatants start within 300 feet of each other
  • The location is unpopulated
  • Neutral location unknown to both
No Caption Provided

Challenge a Viner Rules:

• For your vote to be counted at least one reason must be provided and it must not be based off the character, only the debater.
  • Regular posting, or making comments is perfectly fine. However, you are not permitted to interfere in the debate, post scans, nor start any separate debates with another user.
  • If you must correct either of us on a point or ask us a question regarding the debate, it would be appreciated if you would resort to asking any of us in a P.M.
  • As always, may the best team win.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@higorm@thatguywithheadphones@funsiized:

Alright gang, here it is, let me know if we need to do any changes. If HigorM has no objections, I am good with team magna going first, as I have a few things to go do today!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funsiized

@higorm: @wyldsong:

Negi, While young, is already a master in Chinese Kung Fu, Saved the world, Been a teacher, mastered Magic a 700 y/o vampire couldn't perfect, Had his own harem, Basically, you name it, he has done it.

Pre Erebea.

He first learned Chinese kenpo in order to beat Chachamaru, a robot, so that Evangeline(The aforementioned vampire) would teach him Magic. In his fight with her, he showed how much he had advanced in only three days.

Even with that, he was able to land a hit on her later on and as such, Eva taught him a few things. Here he is against a Demon from his past. No a literal demon...

As seen a above, he is able to use Magic and Physical combat simultaneously, a good showing of that came later in his fight against Takamichi, a guy who split waterfalls with his bare hands. In the fight, he shows battle knowledge, Speed using instantaneous movement, and Skill.

It's good to note that those Punches weren't exactly love taps either, they had this kind of strength behind them

And that was Early he later Beats Ku fei in a pure Strength contest(Arm wrestling), after which she admits he has grown stronger than her:

this is important because Kufei is a person that can do this

He also learned Spear techs from Chinese kenpo, and he later began to master the instant movement. His skill has also grown so much he was capable of beating Setsuna, a girl who had trained in her style for, well..ever lol. The scans show Massive speed and skill.

When he was mind controlled by the sacred tree during the Festival arc, this all accumulated in the "Kissing terminator". I bring it up cause Setsuna mentions the versatility of his martial arts, and it shows his speed.

Before he gains Erebea, his physical capabilities become on this level. The scans will show him fighting a person who is using his own techniques against him, yet he curb-stomps him effortlessly

He is also capable of a few high level Artillery Spells-he is a mage after all.

Feats include beating Evangeline, a 700 year old vampire, with pure ingenuity, even when she is using the same spell. which he can use here, it's a building buster at the least

And is capable of using "Arrows of Magic" This scan show 17-but he later shows being capable of up to a hundred if not a thousand, my memory forgets. It's the same scan, but put twice to save space.

These arrows can have 3 different versions and are very useful in close combat. They can :Paralyze, Capture, or damage you. Same scan again for space.

He can also "ride along" the arrows for a head on clash

and is capable of delaying them for surprise attacks.

And finally, He later gains on of the strongest lightning incantation spells, the thousand bolts.

The most important thing to note about ALL of this, is it the most early in the series possible, and he hadn't even become a 1/10th of his Erebea power. and 1/100th of his EoS power.

What is Erebea you ask? It is a Special magic developed by Evangeline that allows the user to Consume their own spells in order to boost their bodies power. When he was still learning it, he was doing this kinda thing...

He later begins to master it, and Is capable of switching between and "agilitas" and "Dark" form. Both Amp his stats considerably and he has a horrible habit of using delayed spells in this form as well, releasing his biggest forms of magic right on his opponents face. the first time we see it outside of when hes learning it, he goes to town. Showcasing, Speed on another level by blitzing Four people simultaneously, Showing Delayed spells, the ability to switch between armaments mid battle, Skill, etc.

I'm gonna save a few things up my sleeve, but you should get the gist of it now. He can blow things up, hes fast, strong, skilled, a genius...basically the best at everything.

OH and I almost forgot his Pactio. This allows him to use Any of the artifacts from his own Pactios. This includes, but is not limited to-

• A complete magic nullifying sword(Sup witchblade)
  • A Mind reading book(Pre cog)
  • A rip off of Son Wukongs staff Staff(Insta building buster)
  • A cloak that leads to another dimension(Defense purposes)
  • Exorcising knives.(No intang)
  • And a few other toys

And considering both of your characters are girls...well...uh...lets just say...I'm so sorry...

You're up buddy : @thatguywithheadphones

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@higorm: @wyldsong:

Kurohime is a mystical witch often credited with being the most powerful human( albeit in her own universe) She is a powerful human who dared to challenge the Gods. Her main form of magic is summoning style; she mainly summons dragons.

Magic

Considering this is her bread and butter I feel this should be the main if not only part I really need to expand on here.

Kurohime is a witch,no, not the green old chick with a wand and a broom you see on TV, Hime is a gunslinger who uses her weapons as an outlet for her mana. Now I know what you're thinking ''gun...that means she has a limit''- well you can stop thinking that .

In this match up she's using her Genbu Yamamoto canon (as shown in the Op) which means that as long as she's surrounded by water she has an infinite amount of magic energy.

*look at OP* ...Swear I didn't do that on purpose. What does she do with that energy ? Well for one she loves dragon summoning

She has a wide arrangement of dragons of every shape, size and abilities. Here's a few.

• 1-2: Creates a Dragon large and strong enough to destroy a massive tower in one hit.
  • 3-5 Her Ice dragon is able breakthrough and completely freeze(and shatter) a giant village sized monster.
  • 6-7 Her bullet are able to to turn anything into a dragon.

There are obviously many...many more dragon but this is a basic gist. Some of another magic includes various amps and defences.

• 1-4: Hulk Bullet - A Bullet that increase her strength and striking power(she is able to effortlessly life and one shot an entire castle)
  • 5-7: Sakura Bullet - This is a just a single showing of his Sakura bullets power, it is able to heal any injury. As long as they aren't dead.
  • 8-9: Steel Armor Bullet - Self-Explanatory
  • 10-12: Dragon Form Bullet - Basically double whoever she shoots speed and accuracy.

Hime also come equip with her Black Winged Armor: which deflects any magics and protect against heavy attacks.

1-4 Takes title wave(though she isn't able to do anything else)

Since @funsiized Nagi is a more frontal attacker I can see Kurohime playing the role of supporter here. With Kurohime Dragons and Amps there are several things KH can do to assist.

• A - Her dragons can provide a distraction or stall for Nagi to perform his attacks with more ease
  • B - Her amps and assist can do just that .
  • C - She summons dragons...they can attack with or without Nagi
  • D - Her healing can kept him alive.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wyldsong
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool stuff.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HigorM

Monica Rambeau

After being exposed to extra-dimensional energy, Lt. Monica Rambeau gained the ability to manipulate the various energies of the electromagnetic spectrum. She has gone by many code-names over the years whilst utilizing these abilities as a crime fighter. Monica has severed alongside the Avengers in various incarnations, and has even operated as their leader.

Powers

Monica has the ability to change into any form of light/energy along the electromagnetic spectrum. She can turn into photons, electricity, microwaves, radio waves, gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, infrared radiation, etc. She can travel at various speeds, depending on the type of energy she converts into, including the speed of light.

• Energy Projection: Monica has the ability to discharge whatever energy she becomes, by focusing that energy into a tight beam. The beams are either discharged from her hands or eyes.
  • Energy Absorption: She can often mimic or absorb various energies when given enough time for analysis. Monica was capable of mimicking an energy shield spell created by Dr Strange, by matching it's energy signature. She can also absorb energy not common to the electromagnetic spectrum, such as when she replicated and drained the verdant will-powered energies of an extra-dimensional emerald gladiator.
  • Size Manipulation: Monica's abilities also allow her shrink down to microscopic levels, which she utilizes to interact and disrupt various electronic interfaces.
  • Intangibility & Invisibility: Monica is often intangible in many of her energy forms, which allows her to phase through solid matter and turn invisible.

Abilities

Monica is a college and police academy graduate. She possess formidable leadership qualities and has law enforcement experience from her work with the New Orleans Harbor Patrol. She is an excellent marksman, unarmed combatant, detective and swimmer with extensive nautical expertise.

Initial Considerations

I will start saying that Monica is capable of not only flying at the speed of light, but also fight in the same speed. Next scan shows her taking on Quicksilver, who can run at the speed of sound:

No Caption Provided

Your team will have a serious trouble to tag her. Not to mention that she can become invisible and intangible, simultaneously. Next scan shows that even a god like Hermes speed runs right through her because she can't be detected in her light form:

No Caption Provided

First and foremost, you need to show me your characters can detect her and properly react to her speed. Have they ever dealt with someone like her? Someone fast enough to reach the speed of light and fly at high speeds while invisible and intangible? Otherwise she could just do something like this against either Negi or Kurohime:

No Caption Provided

Monica can abosrb the attacks directed at her if they are based in energy, she was capable of mimicking an energy shield spell created by Dr Strange, by matching it's energy signature. So it would not be hard for her to do the same here.

She is also capable of creating holograms to distract the enemy, just like she did in one instance against Baron Zemo:

No Caption Provided

It must be said that Monica is no slough in combat skill since she was trained by Captain America himself:

Let's now see how she deals with big monsters like dragons:

Monica attacking and destroying a horde of vampires at the speed of light:

She shows the ability to use her energy as a powerfull blast, which can be used to blind enemies:

Basically, Monica Rambeau is just too fast and versatile for your team do deal with. Combat skill means nothing for her since she can turn intangible, and she is too fast to be tagged by guns, even if they are not regular guns. Your team will need more than that to pose as a threat to her.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: @funsiized: @thatguywithheadphones: Just an FYI, I ran out of time, but do have a post constructed, it will just take me more time than I have right this second to copy/paste, then edit it and add scans to it. Tomorrow I will post it. Then I guess we are done with the intros and hit the free for all=)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HigorM
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wyldsong

Let's get started with my girl Sara and the Witchblade...for this first post, I will try and keep things simple. Just a little on Sara, the Witchblade, and some physical stats. We'll get into the more exotic stuff as needed.

I will also throw out, I am using feats from the Witchblade Anime and Manga as well. These are both canon to the Witchblade comics: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&old=1&id=10063

Baseline Sara:

No Caption Provided

I want to start here, because I think first we need to understand just what Sara is capable of without the Witchblade to better gain an understanding of just what she will be capable of with it. Without the Witchblade, Sara is peak human, very athletic, acrobatic, a killer shot, and a bullet timer:

She is military school and police academy trained, and is shown to be a very proficient martial artist:

No Caption Provided

While it is never spelled out exactly how much and what she is trained in, she has been able to keep up with and beat several top tier combatants that I could make convincing arguments for against the likes of Azrael, Batman, Deathstroke, and so on (albeit for some, she does need the stat enhancements of the Witchblade to supplement her skill).

The Witchblade:

"Oh gawd Wyldsong, did you seriously bring a peak human into a fight against people that have superhuman speed, durability, can turn energy form, wield magic, summon giant monsters and so on?"

Why yes, yes I did you cheeky little monkeys, but she isn't alone in this fight. Meet the Witchblade:

No Caption Provided

So, just what is this fantastic little item? Let us start with what it isn't: It isn't a magic bracelet, magic sword, magic gauntlet, magic item, or magic anything really. It is actually a living being:

No Caption Provided

So to fully clarify since I have seen the word magic thrown around a few times, the Witchblade is not a magic item (sup Magic Nullifying Sword). It is a living child of abstract beings (basically a cosmic being/force), and serves as the balance between the Darkness and the Angelus.

One thing to keep absolutely clear in mind when discussing the Witchblade, is that the power comes from the Witchblade, not the bearer. The Witchblade can and has displayed many of it's feats on it's own without the bearer doing a thing. If the bearer has a strong enough will, they can often reign the Witchblade in and have some measure of control. The more bonded the Witchblade is to it's bearer, the more powerful they are together. So yes, you will see scans of other bearers in some instances, but only in relation to powers, not in relation to Sara's personal combat skill.

Adaptability:

The Witchblade is fully capable of learning about and adapting to it's foes:

No Caption Provided

A good example of this is from the Fathom crossover (note that she was frozen, breaking out of the effect with no issues -- I am looking at you Mr. Ice Dragon):

Based on the threat levels I am seeing, we will most definitely be delving into the adaptability aspect as we proceed. It should be noted that the Witchblade can and will adapt itself and the bearer to the threat level being faced.

Strength:

So, we have some people that are pretty freaking strong here. The good news is, Sara is no weakling with the Witchblade. This little baby can grant strength levels in the high tons, with no real upper limit seen as of yet. Of course bearer's can rip the doors off of trucks, pick up heavy grandfather clocks, and make leaps from buildings tops across an entire city street:

Stop two speeding vehicles from crushing the bearer:

Open reinforced and locked security doors:

And punch out speeding semi trucks:

I guess I should also throw out that it can even enhance her strength to allow her to fight on even footing with the likes of the Darkness, who has feats that put him in the hundred plus tons range:

No Caption Provided

Durability:

The Witchblade allows it's wearer to tank some massive damage. For starters, it is bullet proof, and can tank impact damage and explosions:

The bearer can also survive multi-story falls thanks to this bad boy:

Speed/Reaction:

Our little friend here can grant the bearer a great deal of speed and reaction, and even reacts on it's own. Let's start with some multi-directional bullet timing/dodging, and bullet blocking and catching:

Or how about keeping an entire swarm of demonic bugs off of the bearer:

It is also capable of tagging three androids at once that were shown to have levels of superspeed:

And this little baby can even grant levels of superspeed, allowing someone like Takeru to deal with speedy area attacks and run on water:

I will close the speed part out by giving you an example of the bearer Masane getting a little blur speed and sonic boom action each time she takes off (also note that she is tanking tank shell blasts):

Loading Video...

And of course when needed later, she does get to go much faster:

Loading Video...

Morphological:

The Witchblade can change its form creating tentacle like appendages, weapons, grappling type hooks and more. Let's start by looking at some of the more weapon like aspects, by hitting you with a slew of various weapon type applications of the blade:

Or how about forming into a dragon-like appearance to bust up some military helicopters:

Then there are the applications such as transportation means, lock-picking, and entertaining your child:

In Conclusion:

At this point in the game I don't want to blitz the first post with an overload of information, which I am borderline on doing. So, everything that I have to bring to the table will just have to wait, and will come to the forefront as needed.

From what I have seen, the Witchblade can amp Sara to match the speed and strength levels needed, and should be able to tank their attacks. With its adaptability in play, it will be able to adapt itself to whatever team manga comes up with to throw at Sara. Now, there are a few direct points and abilities that I have yet to respond to, but I will cover those in my next post. So if they get brought up again, I am not trying to ignore them, I am just trying to stick with the basics for this first post. Whichever member of team manga that Monica engages first, Sara should be more than capable of taking the other member down.

@funsiized@thatguywithheadphones@higorm: Just a heads up that I finally threw my post out there. Let's get some responses and get the chaos up and running=)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funsiized

@thatguywithheadphones: Ugh, its at time like this I remember Monica is high tier, why did we allow her? -.- LOL. Anywho, moving on.

@higorm:

I was hoping to save this until later but gee, you really gave me no choice huh?

How does Monica do against other intangible opponents? Cause we have one. Remember the Thousand bolts(The big spell that destroyed the big rock), well, Negi learned how to use it in conjecture with Magia erebea- the effect is that he becomes lightning itself. Now, yes, i can hear you already "Light is faster than lightning" it is, I'm not debating that. But does Monica Operate 100% in light form? all the time? Seems like that would be a pretty boring comic...Can you show me some of her Reactionary feats? And yes, I saw her reacting to Zeus lightning, cool but Negi has Kurohime here, As TGWH said, she can simply hit Negi with the Dragon bullet doubling his speed. So if you could show me some feats pertaining to Monicas reaction, that would be great, and I have seen the multiple beams of light thing, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Does she Think at the speed of light I guess is the vague way of asking my question.

Considering Double Lightning speed and if Negi uses Nodokas "Pudica Bibliothecaria" Artifact-He simply has to ask your people their name, Highly implausible they give it to him, granted, but i can honestly seeing it happening, given your characters tendency to talk(I mean they ARE women *Snap*)- the effect is his ability to read your teams thoughts, and it even includes a nice little picture. Combined with Setsunas Artifact "Gladiaria Alata"-Aka little blades that can strike intangible beings, also capable of creating Magical seals- I can see us dealing with Monica when the time comes.

Next, can you show some of her striking feats? I don't know about Hime, but Negi has tanked..well...A lot.

Multiple punches from Jack Rakan- a guy who when holding back with one punch can shake an entire city

And He was tanking Rakans hit WITHOUT his Magical shields. Other feast will be given if you Give me the need to.

She is also not the only one who can Make clones

In regards to your comment about us needing to react to Monicas speed, I would reply, but again, gonna need to see what kind of blows she can dishout, otherwise, whats the point of reacting?

@wyldsong:

awesome post man, Learned a lot about The Witchblade and it user. Mainly that The anime Version was equal to about Pre Erebea Negi at most :)

A few questions and things. I see the adaptability, but I don't see it adapting instantly or relevantly really, nor nearly in time to deal with a Person on the level of Negis speed and strength or destruction. In both scans of adaption you showed, she Either A) adapted AFTER the fact, or B) had to take the attack first...I.E "I think it's learning afterthat last one i fought"

or

The fact that she was thrown in the water THEN gained the ability to fight underwater, it was quick, but again, what's the point of adapting to a fist through your heart? Metaphorically of course :)

Also, in the scan with he creating a dragon, Isn't that Jackie right there? AkA the darkness? or is that someone else and I'm tripping?

So my point being, She can maybe fight off a dragon from Hime, Hell she may be able to fight off all of Himes dragons And she may "Adapt" to be able to deal with them easily, but can she, initially, in her base form, tank something along the lines of Negis full powered Sakura fist? that, is BTW,the punch from Earlier-the one that is charged by the "arrows of magic" save the one I posted above was charged by about 5 Magical arrows, Where as currently, he has shown up to 1001-Basically Amp the punch from above by a factor of around 200.2-or I can just show you, OR I WOULD IF FATE HADN'T BLOCKED IT. Best I can SHOW is 101 arrows

Just multiply THAT 9.91 or something along those lines, to tired to do math. So, can Sara tank that? And same question as above, Can she hit intangible opponents.

Oh and TGWH-I gatchu covered-literally, Negi can give Kurohime Kaedes Artifact "Speculatrix Clandestina"- Which is basically a cloak that is a portal to another Plane of reality-it has been used to absorb attacks and things of the like. I.E

Okay, so I hope i got my points across, tried to cover everything I could think of, might have missed a few things, if I did, I'm sorry! I kept getting distracted in Negima when I would go looking for scans lol.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wyldsong

@funsiized:

"How does Monica do against other intangible opponents?"

Not sure how Monica fares, but the Witchblade can adapt and eat them for breakfast:

No Caption Provided

Dispersal of an intangible foe. There was a sometimes intangible morphological robot type thing as well:

Broken down on the molecular level.

I'll leave the rest of that to HigorM=)

" Mainly that The anime Version was equal to about Pre Erebea Negi at most :)"

At most? Get your books and pencils, prepare to take some notes, because we are about to do some schooling. Yes, I just said that, get over it=)

I kid, I kid=)

"A few questions and things. I see the adaptability, but I don't see it adapting instantly or relevantly really, nor nearly in time to deal with a Person on the level of Negis speed and strength or destruction. In both scans of adaption you showed, she Either A) adapted AFTER the fact, or B) had to take the attack first...I.E "I think it's learning after that last one i fought" or The fact that she was thrown in the water THEN gained the ability to fight underwater, it was quick, but again, what's the point of adapting to a fist through your heart? Metaphorically of course :)"

Well, we have a few more things to show you, but the Witchblade adapts as it goes. For the pure physical side of things, there really isn't much for the Witchblade to learn on your team. It has already faced tonners, tanked massive impact damage, explosions and so on. I am doubtful that they will even get the chance to put a fist through her chest, especially being that they are magic based. It's the new, esoteric, supernatural type stuff that might take some time. The downfall for your team against the Witchblade is that they are magic users. This is the Witchblade's bread and butter in combat, facing off against, defeating, and taking down magical, supernatural type threats. I'll get into this in detail here in a sec after I touch on your other points.

"Also, in the scan with he creating a dragon, Isn't that Jackie right there? AkA the darkness? or is that someone else and I'm tripping?"

You are tripping=P

Seriously though, that is Ian Nottingham, who once upon a time wielded a portion of the Witchblade called Exacalibur. It's something that she eventually takes from Ian, and rejoins it to the Witchblade. So yes, that is something it could do, but not something I really need to argue in this debate. It just mainly shows the versatility of the Witchblade, and the strength.

"So my point being, She can maybe fight off a dragon from Hime, Hell she may be able to fight off all of Himes dragons And she may "Adapt" to be able to deal with them easily, but can she, initially, in her base form, tank something along the lines of Negis full powered Sakura fist? that, is BTW,the punch from Earlier-the one that is charged by the "arrows of magic" save the one I posted above was charged by about 5 Magical arrows, Where as currently, he has shown up to 1001-Basically Amp the punch from above by a factor of around 200.2-or I can just show you, OR I WOULD IF FATE HADN'T BLOCKED IT. Best I can SHOW is 101 arrows. Just multiply THAT 9.91 or something along those lines, to tired to do math. So, can Sara tank that? "

Ugh, hate it when fate gets in the way of an awesome showing! Again, the attacks are all magic based, so the Witchblade really has little to fear, and we have options to deal with it. I'll get into to that in a sec though. Bear in mind though, tonners and the like are nothing new to Sara. She goes toe to toe with guys who one shot military helicopters, or the likes of the Angelus with a power output far beyond what was done in Hiroshima (I'll get into that later too).

One thing to point out before I move on though...the Witchblade can attack foes on its own, and it can cover wide areas, and multi-directional attacks...we sure a head on attack is the best way to go here?

Not to mention we are talking about charging something that can one shot naval destroyers:

"And same question as above, Can she hit intangible opponents."

Yes, but I jumped the gun and covered that above=P

"Oh and TGWH-I gatchu covered-literally, Negi can give Kurohime Kaedes Artifact "Speculatrix Clandestina"- Which is basically a cloak that is a portal to another Plane of reality-it has been used to absorb attacks and things of the like. I.E"

I love seeing these cards and magic artifacts. Not to mention your team mate relies on some magic weapon type stuff...I really wanted to wait for your partner to post, but ah well, may as well get into this in a sec, since your questions deserve answers.

"Okay, so I hope i got my points across, tried to cover everything I could think of, might have missed a few things, if I did, I'm sorry! I kept getting distracted in Negima when I would go looking for scans lol."

You did get your points across, and you made some good points, with good questions based on what I presented so far. Honestly, I kept my first post kind of short and sweet, and just focused on the physical stuff. Your points are awesome, and well made, and may cause some concern if the physical stuff was all I had to play with here.

Now let's get into the more interesting stuff:

Healing and Regeneration:

Let's just say that if one of your team is capable of taking down Monica. Guess what? The Witchblade can play support. It can heal others, and resurrect the dead:

Let's also say that someone does manage to hurt Sara...how about a little self healing, and even self resurrection from the dead thanks to the Witchblade:

Not only can she tank hits and powerful attacks, but she can heal from them as well=)

Supernatural Sensing:

Here is the thing with the Witchblade, it can sense the supernatural. Objects, beings, and so on. Like a bloodhound, it can locate and track that stuff, and is more than happy to remove unwanted magic items and objects:

Artifacts? Cards? That gun? Might not be a good idea to get too close...but let's make this even more interesting, shall we?

The Enchantment Breaker and Magic Resistance:

I just love the sound of that! THE ENCHANTMENT BREAKER! Sorry, I digress...anyhow, yes, it has a habit of resisting magic and breaking enchantments, and as my first scan in this post showed, tends to screw with the supernatural. Let's take a look at when it faced a deific golem kind of thing. It adapts, learns and breaks its enchantment, turning it back into a little statue:

It resisted the attack of a magic weapon that once upon a time took down the equal of the Darkness, the Angelus (a weapon more than capable of killing just about anything, I also have showings against the Spear of Destiny, also capable of killing gods, but will hold onto that one unless requested):

How about a scene from Witchblade Takeru. Takeru was facing a demon that had invulnerable armor. The Witchblade learned, adapted, and took care of that pesky armor:

Or resisting and breaking free of various magical and mystical bindings and paralysis type magics:

Did I also mention that it is a god breaker too?

And can seal dimensional rifts while also taking out another deity? What was that about the "Speculatrix Clandestina"?

In Conclusion:

Alright, I think I hit all of your points, but if I missed one, please let me know. I think you can see though, when I say the Witchblade is an adaptable weapon, I was not exaggerating=)

@higorm@thatguywithheadphones@funsiized: I'll hold off on another post until we get some more from you guys=)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we were doing turns here.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wyldsong

@thatguywithheadphones said:

I thought it was more an intro and then jump into it kind of thing, like some of the others I have seen, but if everyone prefers, we can stick with taking turns. I am cool with that, and didn't mean to jump the gun if that is the case!

But please do, go for it my friend, and I do apologize for jumping in there. I will most definitely hold off until all three of you get another post in.

@higorm@funsiized: Do we all want to stick with the turn taking?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TGWH and Funsized already got my vote due to how good that Kurohime chick looks :)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wyldsong

TGWH and Funsized already got my vote due to how good that Kurohime chick looks :)

No Caption Provided

Do I have to go back to posting hawt pics at the end of my posts?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong:

Do I have to go back to posting hawt pics at the end of my posts?

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wyldsong
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolverine008
Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

I thought it was more an intro and then jump into it kind of thing, like some of the others I have seen, but if everyone prefers, we can stick with taking turns. I am cool with that, and didn't mean to jump the gun if that is the case!

But please do, go for it my friend, and I do apologize for jumping in there. I will most definitely hold off until all three of you get another post in.

I don't really care about turns. You called free for all, that's I posted, But we can do turns if that's what everybody is down for.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

I don't really care about turns. You called free for all, that's I posted, But we can do turns if that's what everybody is down for.

I'm fine either way, turns just make things more organizaed..

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SMXLR8
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@wyldsong: Good read, Aspen isn't going to be using Witchblade in our CaV though right?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@wyldsong: Good read, Aspen isn't going to be using Witchblade in our CaV though right?

Nope, Aspen has met the Witchblade once, and it stayed with Sara, so no worries my friend=)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm and @wyldsong

Alright.

So let's get this continued.

Your team will have a serious trouble to tag her. Not to mention that she can become invisible and intangible, simultaneously. Next scan shows that even a god like Hermes speed runs right through her because she can't be detected in her light form:

I'm not seeing what makes her untaggable. Sure, she can move at light-speed but what of her reactionary feat? She can move out of the way of an attack but as @funsiized pointed out can she think this fast? I'm also not seeing what makes undetectable. The feat you used doesn't support what you're saying. After running though her Hermes rushes though her and to the top of the building only to be surprised that she made up there before her. This is more of feat of speed rather then undetectablitly.

Also I hope the opposing team here can really dish-out some explosive power because this is Ms. Hime can take some powerful blasts.

Those rocks was an Island BTW.

Let's now see how she deals with big monsters like dragons:

Alright she'll plow right though my Dragons. So let's try a different tactic. With a single shot at the water Kurohime is able to summon a giant body, composed of water. Making it somewhat almost un-phase to physical attacks. like a simple blitzs.

The water body is also capable of launching sound barriers breaking punches.

No Caption Provided

Here's a starter strategy. Both Negi and Kurohime can make duplicates right? So a simple distraction based tactic should be plausible. right...right. With the league of clones Negi can make and the supersonic combat-speed having Kurohime have they should be enough of an stall(and to at least keep them on the island) I'm hoping @funsiized Has a spell that could at least keep them grounded. This build up will be for a trap magic around the circumference of the Island. This will allow her to destroy a mountain sized God both physical and soul level.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Get in here and rock this joint brother!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: sure!

I'm not seeing what makes her untaggable. Sure, she can move at light-speed but what of her reactionary feat? She can move out of the way of an attack but as @funsiized pointed out can she think this fast? I'm also not seeing what makes undetectable. The feat you used doesn't support what you're saying. After running though her Hermes rushes though her and to the top of the building only to be surprised that she made up there before her. This is more of feat of speed rather then undetectablitly.

Also I hope the opposing team here can really dish-out some explosive power because this is Ms. Hime can take some powerful blasts.

Those rocks was an Island BTW.

Alright she'll plow right though my Dragons. So let's try a different tactic. With a single shot at the water Kurohime is able to summon a giant body, composed of water. Making it somewhat almost un-phase to physical attacks. like a simple blitzs.

The water body is also capable of launching sound barriers breaking punches.

Here's a starter strategy. Both Negi and Kurohime can make duplicates right? So a simple distraction based tactic should be plausible. right...right. With the league of clones Negi can make and the supersonic combat-speed having Kurohime have they should be enough of an stall(and to at least keep them on the island) I'm hoping @funsiized Has a spell that could at least keep them grounded. This build up will be for a trap magic around the circumference of the Island. This will allow her to destroy a mountain sized God both physical and soul level.

1. Reactionary feat you say? Well, I've posted already. Monica was able to tag Quicksilver, who is as fast as the speed of sound. So your super sonic combat speed will mean nothing to her in this scenario.

No Caption Provided

Oh, and she thinks fast too, since she becomes a full energy being, moving in the speed of light. Here is one good example:

The undetectable part is there because I'm still waiting to see how your team will deal with a enemy that is able to become both invisible and intangible at any time she desires. Have they ever dealt with these kind of threat before? But since you questioned the Hermes feat, I will post the next scan to prove that she can become undetectable. The next scans shows Monica going through the X-Men's blackbird, which was containing the likes of Rogue, Storm, Kitty Pryde, and most important, Wolverine. Yes, Wolverine, the one with enhanced senses, he wasn't able to sense her, tell me how will your team?

No Caption Provided

You wan a reaction feat right? This feat also is good to show that your duplicates tactic won't work against her.

How will your characters respond to that? Not to mention that Monica herself can make her own duplications, as already posted. She can make holograms:

No Caption Provided

Another example of this approach was when she used the holograms against Magneto:

Can your team distinguish those holograms from her true self? That can be a serious problem for you. Imagine a thousand copies rushing against you like this:

No Caption Provided

As for power output, she was able to own both Hercules and Namor at the same time:

Here, she becomes radiant heat and uses concussive force blast to ward off a bombardment from a meteor storn:

No Caption Provided

As for your giant water monster, well, Monica already dealt with elemental beings before. She was to defeat a a self replicating giant tree-man, someone that even Thor and the Savage She-Hulk were having trouble with, but for her it poses no threat. Still considering she was in her beginner stages, Monica shifts first into electrical energy then finishes with infrared heat. I believe she can figure out a way to neutralize your summoned.

So, basically, your main tactic will fail at the very beginning of your attempt.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: Feel free to rock another post, and I'll jump in after you=)

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: I'll see, I haven't been feeling the best lately, but i'll try and get around to it int he next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: No rush brother, no time limit on this=)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Reading and reading some more

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Funsiized

@thatguywithheadphones: @wyldsong:

Ugh, hate it when fate gets in the way of an awesome showing!

Lol, I was taking about this instance

That other boy with the white hair is called Fate.

Not to mention we are talking about charging something that can one shot naval destroyers:

Uh, Negi did exactly that in his fight against Jack Rakan. This is a guy who summoned Battleship sized Swords and had the highest Kill count in the Great War, WITH HIS BARE HANDS.

You see "Destroyer class" Air ships also listed there, and Jack beat tons of those and then some. Yet Negi beat him, so meh.

Let's just say that if one of your team is capable of taking down Monica. Guess what? The Witchblade can play support. It can heal others, and resurrect the dead:

Let's also say that someone does manage to hurt Sara...how about a little self healing, and even self resurrection from the dead thanks to the Witchblade:

Not only can she tank hits and powerful attacks, but she can heal from them as well=)

Negi also has Konokas Artifact that can heal any injury with 3 mins of it occurring.

Let's take a look at when it faced a deific golem kind of thing. It adapts, learns and breaks its enchantment, turning it back into a little statue:

Again, how long did it take to adapt, some time appears to have passed before she did that. and prior to the "adaption" she even states she couldn't do a thing against it.

How about a scene from Witchblade Takeru. Takeru was facing a demon that had invulnerable armor. The Witchblade learned, adapted, and took care of that pesky armor:

Is that specifically stated to be adaptation of the Witchblade? All I'm seeing is a situation reminiscent of a Shonen Power-up lol. And how "Invulnerable" was that armor?

Or resisting and breaking free of various magical and mystical bindings and paralysis type magics:

What was going on in that first scan? The second bit was nice.

Did I also mention that it is a god breaker too?

A "God" was one shotted By Evangeline

Vrixas is on her level, Rakan fought it to a standstill, Negi beat Rakan, Horrible ABC logic but it plays out in the series.

And can seal dimensional rifts while also taking out another deity? What was that about the "Speculatrix Clandestina"?

It's been forced open before, Not gonna lie. but simply un-summoning it and re-summoning it fixed it. But that's IF Sara notices that it's a pocket dimension.

Alright, I think I hit all of your points, but if I missed one, please let me know. I think you can see though, when I say the Witchblade is an adaptable weapon, I was not exaggerating=)

You hit most if not all, and if you missed any, then I didn't notice lol.

@higorm

The undetectable part is there because I'm still waiting to see how your team will deal with a enemy that is able to become both invisible and intangible at any time she desires. Have they ever dealt with these kind of threat before? But since you questioned the Hermes feat, I will post the next scan to prove that she can become undetectable. The next scans shows Monica going through the X-Men's blackbird, which was containing the likes of Rogue, Storm, Kitty Pryde, and most important, Wolverine. Yes, Wolverine, the one with enhanced senses, he wasn't able to sense her, tell me how will your team?

By ignoring her? I'm not seeing any striking feats from her that would even make Negi blink, Nor am i even seeing her hit and intangible opponent, and for her concussive blast i have a Way of dealing with that that you will see later. Can she attack and remain Undetectable at the same time?

You wan a reaction feat right? This feat also is good to show that your duplicates tactic won't work against her.

How will your characters respond to that?

Vampires are Tangible as opposed to Negis and Himes clones, Both are composed of intangible elements and simply reform. Negi is literally indistinguishable form his clones.

Can your team distinguish those holograms from her true self? That can be a serious problem for you. Imagine a thousand copies rushing against you like this:

You saw the 1001 Arrows of Magic that had been related to "Large scale warfare" by fate? Negi simply launches that out, and ignores everything else.

How will your characters respond to that? Not to mention that Monica herself can make her own duplications, as already posted. She can make holograms:

Another example of this approach was when she used the holograms against Magneto:

In the Akamatsu-verse Multiple Characters have hit Intangible beings either with Ki control or Magical energy control. Negi has shown this Level of competence tot he point of Stopping a giant Fire Demons Punch with one finger-Proceeding to Use his Magical energy to block a punch capable of melting Metal. And channel Magical energy though to tear him completely in half.

It's a rudimentary Technique to hit intangibles-Negi was later able to hit Evangeline who turned her self into Ice Via Magia Erebea with no prior teachings on the technique, we are dealing with a genius here.

As for power output, she was able to own both Hercules and Namor at the same time:

Here, she becomes radiant heat and uses concussive force blast to ward off a bombardment from a meteor storn:

Err seen, here's the thing, if Monica tries to blast us, that would be her biggest mistake yet. Evangeline developed a special version of Magia Erebea, but was never able to complete it. Of course being the genius that he is, Negi was. This version of Erebea does not take the Users OWN spell, it instead uses Their OPPONENTS energy, to transform yourself.

For example, even at lightning speed, Negis punches were not doing a thing to Rakan's Godlike durability. So to compensate He took Rakans strength.

The rest of that fight was purely for you benefit to show the Destruction that Negi can output. Of course, Rakan Survived cause he is Rakan, but my point remains. Monica decides try an one shot us with a big blast? She has now supercharged Negi.

Still considering she was in her beginner stages, Monica shifts first into electrical energy then finishes with infrared heat. I believe she can figure out a way to neutralize your summoned.

So, basically, your main tactic will fail at the very beginning of your attempt.

I specifically asked for an Intangible opponent, I'm sure in her long line of Continuity she must have faced at least one? a Tree is not intangible, as opposed to Lightning and Water.-and by intangible i mean you can not "hit" it as you could a tree. I'm sorry but simply saying "she will figure it out" is not enough for me :\

To both of you, I see nothing from either opponent that will even faze Negi. Going to need to see the witch blade tagging a lightning speed opponent. Gonna need to see Monica Hit us with something that will actually pose a threat and is not a pure blast as that would only make us more of a threat. I still don't see what's stopping Negi from Swarming The witchblade with lightning clones and Hitting it with a thousand bolts, Barraging Monica with Arrows of Magic to keep her occupied, Not counting the Buffs from Hime, And then simply dealing with her when she attempts to go on the offensive.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized@thatguywithheadphones@higorm: My friends, I will get to this in a day or two. I am about 11 hours out from finishing up working 72 hours straight (little naps here and there) and will be crashing big time tomorrow=)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: no problem, we can wait, this CaV is having a good pace anyway :)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wyldsong

@funsiized@higorm: Well, now that we are losing @thatguywithheadphones, I guess I will make my post in just a bit, and then we have got some decision making to do. We can then each get a closing post (the three of us) and close it out for voting, or if funsiized can find a replacement partner that knows thatguywithheadphones characters...so, what do you guys think?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This took a turn. I thought The Comic book team would be taking this. Nice come back Manga team.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@funsiized@higorm: Well, now that we are losing @thatguywithheadphones, I guess I will make my post in just a bit, and then we have got some decision making to do. We can then each get a closing post (the three of us) and close it out for voting, or if funsiized can find a replacement partner that knows thatguywithheadphones characters...so, what do you guys think?

I am down with anything, go ahead and make your closing post both of you, i will wait until Tomorrow to make mine, then we can go to voting, going to DS2 midnight release.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

I am down with anything, go ahead and make your closing post both of you, i will wait until Tomorrow to make mine, then we can go to voting, going to DS2 midnight release.

DS2?

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HigorM

@wyldsong: please tag me when it's my closing argument turn.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Will do. I'll do a post, then everyone can get their closers in, and we will call it for votes.

@wyldsong: Dark souls 2

Gotcha. Let me know how it is=)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wyldsong

Sorry to take so long gang, but honestly my mind slipped on this one. So, let’s start with a response to the no longer active @thatguywithheadphones:

“Also I hope the opposing team here can really dish-out some explosive power because this is Ms. Hime can take some powerful blasts.”

Well, the Witchblade can one shot naval destroyers, and has the energy output to level Tokyo (please note that the WB was not actively trying to destroy anything at the time of the reading):

Loading Video...

It can also attack her from the inside out:

I can also point out that it is more than capable of breaking foes down on the molecular level, as I have shown a few posts above…

“Alright she'll plow right though my Dragons.”

So can Sara:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's one way to kill a giant monster...

“Making it somewhat almost un-phase to physical attacks.”

With the energy output to level Tokyo, it's mystical energy projection and it’s ability to hurt intangible foes, I think we can handle something like that form=)

“With the league of clones Negi can make and the supersonic combat-speed having Kurohime have they should be enough of an stall(and to at least keep them on the island)”

With the ability to match their speed, do area attacks, and even breaking down foes on the molecular level, I don’t see the clones lasting all that long to be honest, at least not enough to be a stall tactic. So I don’t see the magic trap ever getting a chance to be put into play here.

Between Monica and Sara, I think we have this covered. Now, let’s see what @funsiized has lined up…

“You see "Destroyer class" Air ships also listed there, and Jack beat tons of those and then some. Yet Negi beat him, so meh.”

There is also the mention I made of the WItchblade having the power output to level Tokyo, not to mention, I am pretty sure the Witchblade’s attacks are different than Jacks. Considering it’s adaptation abilities, it’s power output, it’s ability to affect foes on a molecular level and so on, I’d contest that Negi will be in for a rough fight here.

“Negi also has Konokas Artifact that can heal any injury with 3 mins of it occurring.”

3 minutes is a lot of time when you have something that can disperse creatures on a molecular level, and can negate/remove the artifact. Remember, the Witchblade can sniff that stuff out, and as shown in the case of the statue, break the enchantment.

“Again, how long did it take to adapt, some time appears to have passed before she did that. and prior to the "adaption" she even states she couldn't do a thing against it.”

Adaption times seem to vary depending on the story. For most threats, the Witchblade is generally ready to go. The adaption is really only a worry when something new is brought to the table. The good thing is, the Witchblade is also really good at keeping the bearer alive, as seen in my posts above where it has done the instant healing bit and resurrection bit.

In keeping with this idea of keeping the bearer alive, and since elemental energy type spells will be flung around, the Witchblade has also shown energy resistance (tech and mystical):

FYI: The fight with the tech guy was actually cut short, so we never get to see the Witchblade adapt to harm it, so no comments that the WB couldn't harm it, as the fight was never completed (but that guy was made from tech specifically designed for facing the WB).

“Is that specifically stated to be adaptation of the Witchblade? All I'm seeing is a situation reminiscent of a Shonen Power-up lol. And how "Invulnerable" was that armor?”

We have already discussed the adaption aspect of the Witchblade, so that should be fairly well proven by now. The reason for the demon scan was basically to reinforce the idea of the adaption angle, not for the aspect of breaking invulnerable armor. To clarify the scene though:

She made attacks against the demon, and was not able to pierce the armor. After the initial assault, she came back and was able to. As for the demon, being invulnerable was kind of his shtick. So you can take it as you will, but the point is, it adapted and pierced mystical, magical armor. The adaption thing isn't spelled out every single time that the Witchblade shows an adaption feat, but with it’s proven history, it is fairly evident in most cases.

“What was going on in that first scan? The second bit was nice.”

The woman that Sara was facing had a piece of the Witchblade in her, and had been around for some time due to it. Basically, she paralyzed Sara and the Witchblade with some magic, and sought to find a way to rid herself of what she had in her. What you saw was the Witchblade and Sara breaking free of what she did, and Sara taking back what she had of the WB in her.

“A "God" was one shotted By Evangeline”

This god was a fiery apocalypse world ender per the writer. So, not sure what power level that particular “god” was on.

“Vrixas is on her level, Rakan fought it to a standstill, Negi beat Rakan, Horrible ABC logic but it plays out in the series.”

I am sure it plays out well in the series, but being able to beat someone, who beat someone else who is on the level of someone who can one shot a god of unknown power levels is kind of hard to quantify here.

“It's been forced open before, Not gonna lie. but simply un-summoning it and re-summoning it fixed it. But that's IF Sara notices that it's a pocket dimension.”

Sara doesn’t have to notice it. The Witchblade will=)

“You hit most if not all, and if you missed any, then I didn't notice lol.”

Hopefully I keep this streak up then=)

Alright, let’s see…what is left to cover? Energy projection for one…

Energy Projection:

So, we can take this fight to the ranged route if needs be. The Witchblade can fire off blasts of mystical energy:

And can cover wide areas:

I’ll go ahead and skip the energy weapon demonstration, unless requested, but yes, it can make weapons of mystical energy to boot, so not all attacks are physical in nature.

Power Cancellation:

The Witchblade has also proven capable of cancelling the powers of supernatural beings (as the Darkness and the Angelus discovered):

Could be a handy ability against these opponents…

In Closing:

Anyhow, I think that about covers the majority of what I needed to cover with this post.

@funsiized and @higorm, go ahead and make your closing statements, and then I’ll make mine, which excluding thatguy's number, should put us at 4 posts each. After that, we will close this out for votes!

No Caption Provided