CaV: Mimic (CA1) VS. Ms.Marvel (vance_astro!) CLOSED

• 117 results
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

This is awesome. I've read it once but not sure. I'll read through again and give a vote tomorrow.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

My vote goes to vance in what is honestly a hell of a lot closer than I thought it would be when I saw who the players were.

Couple of things/ weak points in comsic's argument that swung it that way for me and just let him get tipped

1. Using the statements of Ironman about Cyclops power output etc were a mistake because those were of 616 Cyclops power outout and ultimates Mimic has ultimates Cyclops power not 616. This actually made me question a few othe assumptions based on mimics showings vs other "alternate " characters and questioning what level they might actually be. After all exiles fights in "many realities"

2. The questioning of The Carols changing mm power level. Highlighted that her stats have drastically changed. She was originally barely a 30 tonner then a class 50. Binary upgrade toom her to class 100+ and her loosing the upgrade brought her back down to around 75 tons IIRC.

Well debated both very little in it

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

After giving this some thought I think I am going to have to give my vote to @vance_astro. Reason being is I felt he was able to address some of @cosmicallyaware1 feats that were used. Like the one where Mimic fought namor and there was fire around, or how the juggernaut that mimic snapped the neck of was an alternate universe juggernaut, The Pyro example. And all though this could be because Cosmic never had a chance to address it I have to agree that the scan of mimic using deadpools healing factor doesn't make mention that mimic was stacking wolverines healing factor on top as well.

Cosmic did a good job pressing the speedblitz argument and I would say Mimic is definitely faster. And all though Carol was cut by Tygras claws on the other hand going by what was shown in the debate as well that Mimic didn't really do much damage to exiles sabretooth. Cosmic did provide logic to suggest that Mimic should be able to shred Carol but it would have been nice to see some cutting feats.

Slight edge to vance.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@jashro44: @beatboks1: thanks for taking the time to read and cast your vote mates. I appreciate the constructive criticism!

The Vote Count as it stands!!!!

The mighty Mod still outpaces the Cosmicness:

Vance: 8

Cosmic: 4

and bumpity bump for more votes!!!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By jashro44
Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cosmicallyaware1: @vance_astro:

Wow, awesome debate.

I honestly have no idea on who to vote for. Nearly everything was countered, and countered well.

Let me read this over a few more times and get back to you. I think cosmic is a little more in favor but I'm going to give it another look.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By NeonGameWave

Before I give my thoughts, I sincerely apologize for the late and slow response.

Now this debate was very entertaining and engaging! It was really interesting and it was really enjoyable in terms of analyzing but in terms of who wins this overall debate. I have to go with @cosmicallyaware1 while @vance_astro had a very dense, strong, convincing and arguably more resourced argument when it came to sheer information all-around. I have to say cosmic really did win me over with his level of countering in the areas of argumentation and he solidified why Mimic is the underdog in this overall match-up and his in-depth knowledge on the characters involved really did convince me to believe that Mimic would win but Vance also did a excellent and grand job of showcasing Ms. Marvel`s strengths, characterization and where she stands overall it was very close. Vance almost swayed me to give him the vote due to the stylization, formatting and substance as well as informational instruction that was present in his points as well as arguments, also overall it was VERY close however cosmic convinced me in the end to believe in where he was going with the character Mimic in this debate against Carol.

Again, this debate was beyond great, I thank and commend the both of you :)

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I guess I'm going with @cosmicallyaware1. Using part of Ms. Marvel's powers really got me. While I personally thought that Carol could beat mimic, cosmic swayed me with his well developed counters. But excellent arguments from both sides, truly a pleasure to read!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: @neongamewave: very much appreciated gents. Thanks for taking the time to read and the reasoning why the votes!

Cosmic: 6

oooohhhhh........I smell a comback! There are still some that haven't cast their votes (and I respect what these individuals have to say), I 'll try to get them in here soon before closing

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @vance_astro

Boy, was i surprised by this. Vance did some amazing work, i felt like he was winning the debate from the getgo until Cosmic had some counters up his sleeve. From what was shown, i believe that Mimic was faster overall than Miss Marvel even though Vance showed that North Star and Miss Marvel had the same speed in the Marvel Handbook but both had significant proof that either or can harm one another.. with that being said I'd much rather consider this a tie more than a victory on either side just because i cant really see a clear winner.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: thanks good buddy. glad you enjoyed the read...

TIE: 1

@thetruebarryallen@frozen@serrure: GET IN HERE GUYS!!! and anybody else that still needs to cast a vote. Voting will be closed in 48 hours....

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jashro44 said:

After giving this some thought I think I am going to have to give my vote to @vance_astro. Reason being is I felt he was able to address some of @cosmicallyaware1 feats that were used. Like the one where Mimic fought namor and there was fire around, or how the juggernaut that mimic snapped the neck of was an alternate universe juggernaut, The Pyro example. And all though this could be because Cosmic never had a chance to address it I have to agree that the scan of mimic using deadpools healing factor doesn't make mention that mimic was stacking wolverines healing factor on top as well.

Cosmic did a good job pressing the speedblitz argument and I would say Mimic is definitely faster. And all though Carol was cut by Tygras claws on the other hand going by what was shown in the debate as well that Mimic didn't really do much damage to exiles sabretooth. Cosmic did provide logic to suggest that Mimic should be able to shred Carol but it would have been nice to see some cutting feats.

Slight edge to vance.

I think I'm going to have to agree with Jash's view on the fight, it was a great read though, and both of you did a fantastic job!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: thanks for the input my man! I am just honored to have my first match with a mod!!!

Vance: 9

TIE: 1

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#115 frozen  Moderator

Think I'll have to give it to Vance.

I will explain why.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cosmicallyaware1: You did a great job representing Mimic, he's a character I don't know much about but now I'm pretty interested in him.

What Tier would you say he'd fit into?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: You did a great job representing Mimic, he's a character I don't know much about but now I'm pretty interested in him.

What Tier would you say he'd fit into?

TTBA, check out the original Exiles run, and it will introduce you to the awesomeness of Calvin Rankin. As far as Tier? hmmmmm. well he's probably a bit below City Buster at best......I would say low Mid-Tier at the most.

@vance_astro: my man. Considering the lead in votes, and the opinions of viners I hold in the highest regard.................this match goes to you my friend. What a fantastic match, and I am honored to have had the opportunity!!! Thank you! Shall we do another?