CAV: Midnighter (CS) vs Luffy (DeathHero61)

• 131 results
thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@realitywarper: is anyone aloud to vote?

If so i would like to vote for comic stooge who represented midnighter, I think CS did a very good job of representing how Midnighter could hurt luffy and as shown by comic stooge Luffy's weakness plays right into midnighters arsenal.

@comicstooge

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By DeathHero61

@thebourneposter: thanks for voting.

@sirneko said:

@comicstooge gets my vote, such great arguments and good formatting on posts. CS was calm throughout the thread while DeathHero61 cried about PIS and couldn't stop comparing Midnighter to Batman till the end.

Not all characters have to go around willy nilly destroy things to show their power. ComicStooge clearly showed that the versatility of Midnighter gives a win after a very tough fight. Let's also not forget that in a sense Luffy is like Ichigo/Goku/Naruto the shonen typical hero that just rushes fights without thinking at first, that mind set would give a huge advantage to Midnighter to set up the battle in his favor.

Fair reason for a vote but i specifically told him that by his logic, everyone can sink continents or even planets especially batman.

Thanks for voting.

Me:1

CS:3

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DeathHero61

@thing150 said:

If so i would like to vote for comic stooge who represented midnighter, I think CS did a very good job of representing how Midnighter could hurt luffy and as shown by comic stooge Luffy's weakness plays right into midnighters arsenal.

@comicstooge

Thanks for voting. Thats a fair reason, but i also would like to inform you that luffy getting cut is not a weakness. He is vulnerable not weak to cutting attacks, i stated this and proved this and even specifically showed how resistant luffy is to cutting damage. And i even showed that with haki it would be even more impossible to hurt luffy in the first place even with sharp attacks.

CS:5

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

It's better if I recused myself from voting.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better if I recused myself from voting.

Why?

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150 said:

@comicstooge

Thanks for voting. Thats a fair reason, but i also would like to inform you that luffy getting cut is not a weakness. He is vulnerable not weak to cutting attacks, i stated this and proved this and even specifically showed how resistant luffy is to cutting damage. And i even showed that with haki it would be even more impossible to hurt luffy in the first place even with sharp attacks.

CS:5

As CS said midnighter is super humanly strong and he showed this by Midnighter busting Apollo's eardrum. All in all you both did great, it was a very interesting debate. Good job man

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61

I apologize, I will vote soon, this CaV is very interesting and I can`t wait to do a reread :)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could go either way on this honestly, but I have to make a decision...I'll go with @deathhero61

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I reread the entire debate, and its definitely one of the best I have ever read or analyzed! Both of you did a admirable, commendable, excellent, well-handed, executed and superb job in representing your respective characters! But in terms of who was able to convince me or sway my opinion to the point of the very end, I would have to say that individual is @deathhero61. While @comicstooge did an impeccable and indescribably professional job in layering his points, formatting his formats, stylizing his structure in an orderly fashion and responding point for point as well as counter for counter with such exceptional expertise, I think DeathHero61 was able to sell me on his character`s victory a tad bit more especially in the conclusions and summed up summaries. I personally think Luffy could and would beat Midnighter but I think Midnighter`s insanely unique/hax/unorthodox abilities will even the plain field in a way that Monkey D. Luffy has never seen before. But I agree with DeathHero61 on the fact that Luffy`s unconventional and bizarre fighting style as well as mind-frame will keep Midnighter off balance and keep him at distance (even though Midnighter has a battle computer operating in his brain) more than enough time for Luffy to improvise with his incredible instinctive insight within a fight. In terms of Doors, Luffy can blitz Midnighter with Gears or constrain him by stretching out his rubber body (which Luffy has done plenty of times in unique and unpredictable ways) that and the fact that Luffy owned Enel (arguably my favorite One Piece villain or even character) with his childlike-lucky strategy (that in and out of itself could be a unique trait/ability to that of Luffy) that even caught Eneru and his form of precognition off guard, I wished Deathhero61 elaborated or touched on that more because it does correlate back to Midnighter and I think Conqueror`s Haki could also prevent Midnighter from using Doors as well another thing that could contribute to Luffy`s case against Doors is his experience against Trafalgar Law who uses Rooms which like Midnighter`s doors are very specific on effect and there are plenty of feats within the current manga Post-Timeskip.

This debate was epic!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Now I reread the entire debate, and its definitely one of the best I have ever read or analyzed! Both of you did a admirable, commendable, excellent, well-handed, executed and superb job in representing your respective characters! But in terms of who was able to convince me or sway my opinion to the point of the very end, I would have to say that individual is @deathhero61. While @comicstooge did an impeccable and indescribably professional job in layering his points, formatting his formats, stylizing his structure in an orderly fashion and responding point for point as well as counter for counter with such exceptional expertise, I think DeathHero61 was able to sell me on his character`s victory a tad bit more especially in the conclusions and summed up summaries. I personally think Luffy could and would beat Midnighter but I think Midnighter`s insanely unique/hax/unorthodox abilities will even the plain field in a way that Monkey D. Luffy has never seen before. But I agree with DeathHero61 on the fact that Luffy`s unconventional and bizarre fighting style as well as mind-frame will keep Midnighter off balance and keep him at distance (even though Midnighter has a battle computer operating in his brain) more than enough time for Luffy to improvise with his incredible instinctive insight within a fight. In terms of Doors, Luffy can blitz Midnighter with Gears or constrain him by stretching out his rubber body (which Luffy has done plenty of times in unique and unpredictable ways) that and the fact that Luffy owned Enel (arguably my favorite One Piece villain or even character) with his childlike-lucky strategy (that in and out of itself could be a unique trait/ability to that of Luffy) that even caught Eneru and his form of precognition off guard, I wished Deathhero61 elaborated or touched on that more because it does correlate back to Midnighter and I think Conqueror`s Haki could also prevent Midnighter from using Doors as well another thing that could contribute to Luffy`s case against Doors is his experience against Trafalgar Law who uses Rooms which like Midnighter`s doors are very specific on effect and there are plenty of feats within the current manga Post-Timeskip.

This debate was epic!

Thanks for the mad props, bro.

@arcus said:

I could go either way on this honestly, but I have to make a decision...I'll go with @deathhero61

Thanks for taking the time to read and vote. :)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ComicStooge

CS: 5

DH61: 3

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: thank for voting.

@arcus said:

Any specific reasons? I usually only accept votes with a reason. Heck even a small reason could suffice.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: @comicstooge: Both of you told me a lot about these characters (Midnighter is a freaking bad@ss). I knew next to nothing about Midnighter and not that about Luffy either. Although Comicstooge seemed to present his character better, imo Deathhero61 had the better arguments, (ex. Being when he got on you about taking Luffy's vulnerability to cutting weapons out of context, like what people do with Superman and magic) and in a debate isn't it all about who argued better?

@Deathhero61 gets my vote.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: @comicstooge:

to tell you guys the truth, i thought before starting to read the debate, that midnighter will stand no chance against even pre timeskip luffy........... but i was really astounded by the debate... cosmic did so well, that it's seems by this, midnighter may possibly stomp pre skip luffy.. specially with doors.. regarding his unpredictable movements and style... and battle computer works too well for him....

but after the post timeskip feats presented, my vote shifted a little... midnighter still might pull out a win out of that.. but as for now, it's seems luffy might be too fast and durable for him (don't misjudge me.. i'm pretty certain by the debate that midnighter can indeed cut luffy.. but i still can't see midnighter hurting luffy with blunt force as he's been shown to be practically immune to it in this debate).. and since the battle prediction comes from both now (battle computer and observation haki).. allthough the battle computer looks more impressive on it, luffy's speed, durability and strength more than makes up for it... only way midnighter gonna pull out few wins by using doors i think.. but still, luffy can predict and react to that.....

so i give the win to @deathhero61 here.......

and thank you (specially cosmic) for giving me a lot better read on such a debate which i personally thought would be too one sided.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61 gets my vote.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By those_eyes

@comicstooge:

I came into this thinking there is no way midnighter could ever hope to beat luffy in a debate. I have to give alot of credit to comic stooge for enlightening me on what level midnighter really is at when he is fully equipped. What truly made me convinced is how well he was able to pinpoint exactly how well midnighter can pinpoint the weakness of an opponent with his computer and what luffy's weakness is. Comicstooge had a clearer breakdown of how midnighter could win which in turn is the reason why im voting for comicstooge.It was a close debate.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DH61: 7

Me: 6

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DeathHero61

@those_eyes: Thanks for voting and your vote was clear and had good reasoning and i thank you for taking the whole debate into consideration but this is something i want to clear up to everyone.

LUFFY IS VULNERABLE TO CUTTING DAMAGE NOT WEAK TO IT. SIMILAR TO SUPERMAN'S VULNERABILITY TO MAGIC.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61 gets my vote.

Reasons? I don't want a vote out of bias. Is there any reasons why you think i won this debate?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@deathhero61: bias? I don't even know you, I just think you showcased the characters range of skill/powerset better if not more amusing whereas cs was more repetative, I mean presentation has to do despite what I may think of the characters and I knew more about Midnighter than Luffy.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: Oh alright. I didn't want a vote out of the simplicity because you liked the character or you thought the character would win. Thanks man.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me:8

CS: 6

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: You read this? If so do you have any reasons for voting for me?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: He forgot one of the best tactics against luffy, which is the 'door' portal slice (a great way to counter stretching). Also tanking hits from solar winter (against red hawk). Teeth bullets, nano aids, pocket nuke and the fact that the Carrrier can reverse time.

Haki is also a bitch (king/armament/sensor), also people in OPverse generally has better durability (tanking guns and explosions)

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DeathHero61

@vivide said:

@deathhero61: He forgot one of the best tactics against luffy, which is the 'door' portal slice (a great way to counter stretching). Also tanking hits from solar winter (against red hawk). Teeth bullets, nano aids, pocket nuke and the fact that the Carrrier can reverse time.

Haki is also a bitch (king/armament/sensor), also people in OPverse generally has better durability (tanking guns and explosions)

He actually mentions this in his final post. Thanks for the vote.

Me:9

CS:6

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: He just mentioned BFR and a scan where door can engulf the whole body